PDA

View Full Version : The new constant iOS debacle

Patrice-1201
09-06-2018, 06:01 AM
Hi Devs, what is happening since the last 3 or 4 updates, iOS is now always taking between a day and two days to update?. I spit out iOS apps for my clients and and I must say I don’t understand what happens here, the process is simple you release an app to the AppStore with a “planned go live date and time” at least a week in advance to give them time to review and approve it and on the right time it goes live.

It seems that you were doing this before as there were no issues for the first 18 months but that you are now pushing your update on the day of the planned release and that will always result in crazy delays for all of us...

Please fix your internal processes around release management and QA.

Thx!

Blade
09-06-2018, 07:58 AM
I don't have iOS myself, but this is clearly unfair! All updates seem to be rushed, as testing seems to be skipped aswell. Sometimes it feels like someone else decides when the update takes place, independent if the programmers are ready or not. I cannot understand this. We don't get updates that frequently, so why are they so bugged then? And - as you say Patrice - why aren't they handed to iOS one week earlier and as soon as they are approved, they are handed to Google Play?

Mizrael
09-06-2018, 08:10 AM
Simply because they are being rushed and they push it right after the clock strikes a planned hour regardless of if all the things work or have been checked.

What i don’t understand is-why don’t they learn from their own mistakes and release patches at some “more relaxed” times instead of in the middle of an arena event. i mean....no free ironite will help me to catch up with having to physically play 180 battle to get the ridiculous 300 mark!!! i have a life, you know?!

Peppoah
09-06-2018, 08:36 AM
Thank you for this post, Patrice. Exactly my thoughts.

scott-5496
09-06-2018, 09:51 AM
It is an embarrasment. I am just not sure how this happens - sorry but if other companies did this I am sure people would be shown the dorr for the same mistakes time after time. Like you I would like ot know what has changed over last few months - something has changed and I get the feeling it is not an Apple fault - they seem to get the blame here but it never used to happen and I cannot imaging Apple have such poor service and do not notice it on any other apps I have but then I am not on them all the time I suppose.

If I do not get my full set at least (same for everyone) then if anyone has paid 500 ironite they should get it back plus the we are sorry pack. I bought them knowing I wont get beyond the four in the event as I find it hard to find the time this week.

Have the devs said anyting or are they all stil in their beds?

Caesar815
09-06-2018, 11:23 AM
You can tell: This is really unfair. Like he rest I can‘t use my troopers (which I use daily), I can‘t fulfill the mark of 300 in the event, I can‘t reach the daily’s, I lose a big amount of SoW and SoT which I do have to buy later on buy paying with ironite, of course, if the game will work somewhen. And this is just because I‘m using IOS?
I have been playing this game since day one and it‘s happening more and more ...

Zerynx
09-06-2018, 04:44 PM
There was an update yesterday, and it caused a lot of problems. I saw "scarecrow" characters and there were problems in the Gauntlet.

So it all went back off line and has been since. I guess the new updates were fixed and submitted to Apple?

Question for Patrice, and those of you who know about these things, can't you update your app with out having to submit every line of code to Apple? Seems to me hotfixes wouldn't need a complete approval?

Just wondering how the back end works.

Patrice-1201
09-06-2018, 05:11 PM
No you need to submit the whole thing. The key is to separate assets from logic and only have the assets as part of the app code so that only structural changes require an app update.

But the real issue is that no update should be submitted to Google and Apple until thorough testing including regression testing has occurred and these update should only be made public once accepted by both platforms.

Honestly devs please, less events, more QA from now on!

Yup
09-06-2018, 05:26 PM
Perhaps there's an issue with lootbox and incorrect odds which Apple isn't liking?? :) (wishful thinking)

RobG-9641
09-06-2018, 05:27 PM
Maybe developers finally had enough and quit... Walked off the job. Maybe game isn’t coming back?
No word from them...

Zerynx
09-06-2018, 05:37 PM
No you need to submit the whole thing. The key is to separate assets from logic and only have the assets as part of the app code so that only structural changes require an app update.

But the real issue is that no update should be submitted to Google and Apple until thorough testing including regression testing has occurred and these update should only be made public once accepted by both platforms.

Honestly devs please, less events, more QA from now on!

Thanks for answering. I couldn't agree more on the bold above!!

BG840
09-06-2018, 06:09 PM
I play both android and ios this entire iOS debacle started around last Thanksgiving when Trooper Eddie was released. Almost every new update the ios has been down while android flows smoothly. As much as i despise apple this cannot all be their fault, OWN your own mistakes and errors NF.

LOTB_Mia
09-06-2018, 06:11 PM
Hi All,

Wanted to give you an update. We're sorry and know how frustrating it is (we are just as frustrated with the downtime) and promise a reduction of the event requirements and gracious compensation. Submissions are part client and part server. The iOS update was already reviewed and approved and we released the client for sale, but it seems to be stuck in the Apple distribution system.

We'll keep you updated, feel free to reach out.

- Mia

Caesar815
09-06-2018, 06:17 PM
[...] and promise a reduction of the event requirements and gracious compensation. [...]

Thx in advance 🤘🏻
Hope to hearing good news from you soon!

scott-5496
09-06-2018, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the update - is there an ETA on when this iOS debacle will be resolved and do we essentially face type of day long plus delay for all updates in the future as it has been the case for the last few you have done?

Also can you tell us what has changed over recent updates please? Something must have changed for these delays top be the norm - is it all Apple?

Cheers

edsel
09-06-2018, 06:31 PM
Thx in advance 🤘🏻
Hope to hearing good news from you soon!

Mia, not Missing In Action, thank you for communicating status, and making the pleasing phrase "gracious compensation" something to look forward to once this sorts out.

Zugzwang
09-06-2018, 06:39 PM
I hope gracious means skill shards lol. Those seem to be the most powerful items in the game next to talismans. I’m sure they work but to be honestI haven’t noticed anything with relics and I’ve gotten about half of all colors and global.

LOTB_Mia
09-06-2018, 06:40 PM
Hi Scott,

Apple has published that it can take up to 24hours to be available in their system. From what we've seen the time to propagation can fluctuate dramatically. To answer your question, nothing has changed with our delivery pipeline that would effect this situation.

- Mia

Mizrael
09-06-2018, 06:42 PM
pleasing phrase "gracious compensation".

Read /onehãndridendfifty ajronäjt/ ....

LOTB_Mia
09-06-2018, 06:42 PM
Ha - good one! "M.I.A" - must use that somewhere ;)

Cheers,

\m/ MetalMia

Rayn13
09-06-2018, 06:55 PM
Compensation for the IOS operating system right? If you gave the android users the same it would not be equal since they can play.

Caesar815
09-06-2018, 07:02 PM
Yes, that’s damn true, Rayn. But do you think, the Dev‘s can distinguish between the players respectively the OS of the users to ensure that compensation is spread and provided fair just for iOS-players?! I don‘t think that this is possible... 💭

osiris0000
09-06-2018, 07:04 PM
Compensation for the IOS operating system right? If you gave the android users the same it would not be equal since they can play.

Good idea! We Android users can get 150 apologies and 1 ironite instead, so that way everyone can be happy.

https://i.imgflip.com/2hd114.jpg

Shaolin85london
09-06-2018, 07:10 PM
When the sacrifice party bug occured who was sleeping didn't get any compensation from it, and the wasn't rolled back. So I don't see why the compensation should be different from IOS to Android players here... isn't players fault, right, has wasn't back to the days of the sacrifice bug party..

Zerynx
09-06-2018, 07:18 PM
When the sacrifice party bug occured who was sleeping didn't get any compensation from it, and the wasn't rolled back. So I don't see why the compensation should be different from IOS to Android players here... isn't players fault, right, has wasn't back to the days of the sacrifice bug party..

So if you didn't benefit from the Sac event bug and now you can't play for a day then what?

Yup
09-06-2018, 07:20 PM
The sacrifice bug wasn't as beneficial as those who missed out think it was.

As long as they either lower event numbers or increase the time I'm good. I mean I've lost more than a full day and at least 2 full SOW natural generation refills of fighting (approaching 3x).

Or.. they COULD just give me Doomsday or Breeg and I'll rush to complete the event as is :)

TheAlbatross-1864
09-06-2018, 07:23 PM
I am an IOS user. I do not care if andriod gets the same compensation package. Gifts for all and everyone can be happy.

edsel
09-06-2018, 07:38 PM
I am an IOS user. I do not care if andriod gets the same compensation package. Gifts for all and everyone can be happy.

Ya know we are all in this together so spread the wealth. Sharing is caring. With this intermission we can come up with our list, what would make up for this anguish. Skill shards, Mythical fragments, frontier and iron coins..

Kmadd69
09-06-2018, 07:41 PM
I just want this joke of game to work it’s been like 26 freaking hours. Get this crap fixed!!

Sick
09-06-2018, 07:43 PM

Fully agree

Zugzwang
09-06-2018, 07:45 PM
Apple has a lot of burp, flashlight and Kama sutra apps to review. This could take awhile...

Caesar815
09-06-2018, 07:46 PM
Ya know we are all in this together so spread the wealth. Sharing is caring. With this intermission we can come up with our list, what would make up for this anguish. Skill shards, Mythical fragments, frontier and iron coins..

And at least the missed regenerated SOT and SOW 👀 in addition + 50x doubled trooper badges.

osiris0000
09-06-2018, 08:28 PM
The sacrifice bug wasn't as beneficial as those who missed out think it was.

That bug himself disagrees about it:

http://worldartsme.com/images/angry-bug-clipart-1.jpg

Nicko
09-06-2018, 10:06 PM
iOS update is finally here

Lord Schmeb
09-06-2018, 10:13 PM
iOS update is finally here

Praise Allah!

Zugzwang
09-06-2018, 10:40 PM
I still get the maintenance message. No change for me.

LOTB_Mia
09-06-2018, 10:47 PM
I still get the maintenance message. No change for me.

Did you happen to update the App to 4.9.1?

- Mia

Cefiar
09-06-2018, 10:50 PM
FWIW: As an Android user I noticed a LOT less people in the game. PvP ranks didn't change anywhere near as much as I'd expect in a day and I got attacked significantly less, which reduced the number of revenges I got, which doesn't help when you're trying to meet a target.

So while this really affected iOS users, us Android people also were affected, tho not as much. I'm all for high compensation to the iOS users, but not sure if NF can (in practice) do that.

Liebhild
09-06-2018, 11:03 PM
Real reason was, one of the Apple staff tried to play that bugfest and then decided to hold it back, again a freeze here, the [moderator] [moderator] are really to [moderator] [moderator] to code.

Yup
09-06-2018, 11:39 PM
Got.. installed (very slow download though).... and other than a loooooooooong hang in one PvP battle (which eventually caused me to relaunch the app) it seems to be working.

Zugzwang
09-06-2018, 11:45 PM
Did you happen to update the App to 4.9.1?

- Mia

I had to uninstall the app and reinstall it. Updated itself and a message that Gauntlet Beta is disabled. Is this where we are currently?

Caesar815
09-07-2018, 03:40 AM
Finally ...
and then ... PvP and app dead
😡

Caesar815
09-07-2018, 03:48 AM
No gauntlet anymore. And in the team screen game is hanging as well.
Great update with no problems 🤬