PDA

View Full Version : Suspect Discussion: Onslaught Sub-Type Talismans

druid138
09-07-2018, 10:12 PM
I know that we have discussed certain talisman sub-types (Skilled, Sorcery, Onslaught) here before. But, I'd like to have a specific discussion about Onslaught.

At max level, the different sub-types provide the following:

Bulwark:
3029 HP
262 MAGIC
114 SPECIAL

Will:
3029 HP
262 ATK
114 SPECIAL

Onslaught:
1820 HP
131 DEF
131 MR
125 SPECIAL

I know that behind-the-scenes scaling makes direct comparisons of these figures difficult. But, Onslaught seems incredibly inferior.

The 262 ATK or MAGIC from Will / Bulwark is replaced by 262 evenly split between DEF and MR. Fair enough, and sometimes maybe even desirable. But, with True Damage dealers, I would consider the DEF / MR option to be inferior to the ATK / MAGIC option.

Onslaught then provides 11 more Special in exchange for a loss of 1209 HP. Again, the scaling of these figures isn't obvious, but I don't see any way that that is an even trade-off.

I'm a huge fan of having lots of options to fine tune our builds based on our own personal preferences. But, I can't see any reason why a player should ever choose Onslaught over Bulwark / Will.

Can someone convince me otherwise? Looking at you Kaz . . .

Otherwise, I'd suggest changing Onslaught to make its SPECIAL 114 (to match Will / Bulwark) and its HP greater than 3029.

Kaz_LOTB
09-07-2018, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the post. Just to let you know, I do have it on my radar to strengthen the appeal of the non-damage focus sub-types. It's just a bit further down on my list than some other priorities. I'll keep your post in mind though for when I get around to it.

Cheers,

-Kaz

druid138
09-07-2018, 10:36 PM
Cool, thanks Kaz! Looking forward to it!