PDA

View Full Version : How this is even possible?

glup40
09-08-2018, 01:36 PM
Have no idea how to beat him after 30 min. fight and at the end dropped off the battle :(

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1kxw8iH8CbUNNqYQ3PpJuC2uu_dc2rISu

Deathbat6120
09-08-2018, 01:55 PM
Assuming that you mean how he can have seemingly endless beneficial effects - His Present regular skill increases the duration of beneficial effects, making them last just a bit longer. Over time, this would stack up quite a bit if he used it constantly. It's handy to take advantage of, but can be a pain to fight against unless you have a character that can steal or remove those effects.

Olevipoeg
09-08-2018, 02:27 PM
... or transform to something nasty.

glup40
09-08-2018, 06:59 PM
Yeah, thanks for your feedback. I couldn't steal, disable or transform anything. Plus the biffs have refreshed constantly to the counter of 8 or 9. Fight duration over 20 minutes maybe and nothing.

Zugzwang
09-09-2018, 12:25 AM
Did you take the draw after 40 rounds or whatever it is?

Yup
09-09-2018, 03:44 AM
The issue is Perfect Immunity prevents buff stealing or removing. Especially stealing/removing blue buffs (which is all Clairvoyant handles). And Ed the Great extends buff life... so.. You simply can't remove invincibility which means you can't hurt him and every Ed the Great fury extends the life of the buffs.

The ONLY way to beat him is to remove Perfect Immunity first, then remove Invincibility. You can do that via shields at times (Void/Thorn) or with a characters capable of removing Gold buffs - PoM Ed, DoomDay Ed, Alexander Ed or Asset, Valor Talismans, and a few other characters.

The problem you had is your attack team simply isn't designed to handle ANY gold buffs (i.e.remove/steal) on the opposition. So, you will most likely run into this issue many times against characters using Gold Buffs. While WBat, GRE, GCR, and Clairvoyant aren't, by any means, "bad" characters. At some point they will pretty much fail completely against newer, more powerful characters inflicting/using Silver and Gold buffs.

Cefiar
09-09-2018, 06:31 AM
The only other thing that might help (once you remove Perfect Immunity) is being able to constantly inflict Perfect Corruption on them. This stops them gaining any new buffs, which will help stem the tide of endless buffs.

Deathbat6120
09-09-2018, 07:01 AM
The issue is Perfect Immunity prevents buff stealing or removing.

Honestly never knew or realised that was the case, and thought it was just a bug that my Magus Corrupt Rescuer wasn't stealing buffs on characters with Perfect Immunity at all... Thanks for pointing that out!

glup40
09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Not sure when exactly stopped fighting. Saw the draw offer only once at the 20-th round. Declined, stupid me :)

glup40
09-09-2018, 08:42 PM
Great explanation. Thanks, mate!

HeadOnFire
02-04-2019, 06:15 AM
Perfect Corruption is the only reliable way I've found for dealing with enemies using Destiny talismans. Since the AI always seems to generate invincibility when hit (even by attacks that remove buffs) the only way I can effectively counter Destinies is by preventing buffs altogether. I was fortunate enough to pull Benjamin Breeg Eddie almost as soon as I returned to the game and his Present power ability both removes immunity/perfect immunity and applies perfect corruption, making him perfect for fighting those awful infinite-buff-stackers. I know Fear of the Dark Eddie can also apply perfect corruption, but I can't remember anyone else.