PDA

View Full Version : The best places to farm evolution runes

OpticSugar
08-25-2016, 04:28 PM
Forgive me if this topic has been covered already. i've searched the forum and I've had no luck (is the search broken?).

Primarily, I really need to stock up on 2* rainbow evo runes so I can upgrade some talismans. I've been on zero for quite a while and I've decided to head back to the cosmos to try my luck harvesting some materials. I've been spending some time going through Battlefield on Madness and haven't had much luck so far.

Any suggestions? Is there a guide out there that points out increased drop rates for different materials?

Bryan-3528
08-25-2016, 05:09 PM
I was having some luck in Kingdom of the Sands/Maddess yesterday. Other folks have mentioned Battlefield/Maddess as another area for evo runes.

The Educated fool
08-25-2016, 05:35 PM
Forgive me if this topic has been covered already. i've searched the forum and I've had no luck (is the search broken?).

Primarily, I really need to stock up on 2* rainbow evo runes so I can upgrade some talismans. I've been on zero for quite a while and I've decided to head back to the cosmos to try my luck harvesting some materials. I've been spending some time going through Battlefield on Madness and haven't had much luck so far.

Any suggestions? Is there a guide out there that points out increased drop rates for different materials?

Really, anywhere will do man... just make sure to rub your lucky rabbit's foot and kiss a four-leaf clover first! :cool:

In all seriousness though, I really wish there were definitive guides for farming here...

12lisa
08-25-2016, 05:54 PM
On Ailing Kingdom on Madness, farm the first two levels, they´re easy to do and they seem to always drop an evo rune. Just hope you get enough two star ones.

OpticSugar
08-25-2016, 05:55 PM
So if I understand you correctly, trying to figure out which stages to play for certain drops is like trying to figure out what lottery numbers to play. If that's the case, I should just play the hardest level that I can beat. Only thing is, if I really need 2* runes... and I play a more advanced level that also drops 3* runes, then wouldn't it reduce my chances of getting 2*'s because there is now more variety of drops? So somewhere in there, there must be a good guide to more frequent 2* stuff.

Ugh, it's so complicated. Normally I wouldn't care, but I've been grinding all morning and haven't seen one 2* rainbow rune. I just got a 3* rainbow rune on DoW madness... does that mean I should go to an easier level? Hard mode?

Bryan-3528
08-25-2016, 05:57 PM
...but I've been grinding all morning and haven't seen one 2* rainbow rune.

you and I have the same kind of luck. the one thing i need or want never drops :mad:

OpticSugar
08-25-2016, 06:04 PM
you and I have the same kind of luck. the one thing i need or want never drops :mad:

excactly... It took me forever to get that last 3* rainbow shard. I got it this morning - and swiftly evolved my Carriage Rider to 5* level 80!

I really wouldn't be surprised if the devs wrote lines of code to identify what materials you need most (and are only one item away from) and deny them from your RNG results for a period of time. It would certainly entice players to break out the old wallet and buy some evo packs. It would be smart of them - I really couldn't blame them from a business standpoint.

oh wait! I hope I'm not giving them ideas!

The Educated fool
08-25-2016, 06:13 PM
The thing is... if that happened to everyone, yes, some people would think to reach for their wallets... but the vast majority would likely just quit playing.

OpticSugar
08-25-2016, 06:42 PM
reporting back... I just got my first 2* rainbow evo runes in days (two of them) on Powerslave madness...
(for what it's worth)

The Educated fool
08-25-2016, 06:43 PM
Hey, it's something. :cool:

Bryan-3528
08-25-2016, 06:47 PM
oh wait! I hope I'm not giving them ideas!

OMG HUSH YOUR MOUTH :p

reporting back... I just got my first 2* rainbow evo runes in days (two of them) on Powerslave madness...
(for what it's worth)

good to hear :)

shaunvis
08-29-2016, 01:07 AM
The lack of resources to upgrade, namely 3* evo runes is REALLY making this game pointless. Seems all I do is auto-play the same damned levels and get nothing. I'm starting to ask myself why bother, there's got to be other games out there I can actually enjoy and accomplish something.

Can't upgrade toons, can't upgrade talismans. What's the point?

Nekroliun
08-29-2016, 01:37 AM
What would you expect from a a turn based rpg? Have u ever played the old games like chrono trigger or ff? Theyre all about that grind! Its a major aspect of the game, yes it can be frustrating when rngesus abandons you but it also gives you that awesome satisfying feeling of getting what you have been trying to get for a month.

Its like farming crissaegrim in symphony of the night, it will take a couple of hours but eventually it will drop, and it will also complete the game for ya cuz crissaegrim op, and then u do that all over again for dual wielding 2 crissaegrims...

shaunvis
08-29-2016, 02:27 AM
I don't mind grinding. But two weeks of ZERO 3* runes since they pulled them in preparation for the dungeon. Then we get the dungeon and you a few runes the first time you play it, after that, it's near impossible. If the dungeons totally reset each week, that would be fine. But that does not appear to be the case.

Believe me, I'd have no problem spending days leveling up a toon. But you simply can't do it when there's no 3* runes to do so. It's not a grind when you cannot progress because materials are not available.

talpuz
08-29-2016, 06:48 AM
I don't mind grinding. But two weeks of ZERO 3* runes since they pulled them in preparation for the dungeon. Then we get the dungeon and you a few runes the first time you play it, after that, it's near impossible. If the dungeons totally reset each week, that would be fine. But that does not appear to be the case.

Believe me, I'd have no problem spending days leveling up a toon. But you simply can't do it when there's no 3* runes to do so. It's not a grind when you cannot progress because materials are not available.

I agree. It's damn hard to find 3* shards after the first pass. Also been thinking for a while that the game is becoming pointless.

Ancient Mariner
08-29-2016, 09:33 AM
The lack of resources to upgrade, namely 3* evo runes is REALLY making this game pointless. Seems all I do is auto-play the same damned levels and get nothing. I'm starting to ask myself why bother, there's got to be other games out there I can actually enjoy and accomplish something.

Can't upgrade toons, can't upgrade talismans. What's the point?

The point is to make you will to spend money to buy what you need :rolleyes:

slauki
08-29-2016, 09:49 AM
the game has some potential, and i think the evo-shard problematic is getting better. hopefully they will adress the rune/talisman problematic next, so that we can finally enjoy the game.

they fixed some nasty things in the last weeks for example:

-many of the main bugs for most people
-ironite drops more
-you can purchase more skillshards
-finally you can earn some 3* shards after two weeks

it was a litte unfortunate that the bugs were so extreme, so they have to concentrate on them and not on the gameplay, this should get better now.

the listet changes tell me, that the devs are listening to us, so that we should raise our voice and say them, what they can do better :-)

Aristo4
08-29-2016, 10:58 AM
Funny thing yesterday : was playing the secret location on underworld madness and boom and 6 YELLOW 3* shards....15 matches on the yellow rift level 10(which supposedly was designed to get these shards) ,not one....

Weird having them there while the rift is open.

Leo_ID
08-29-2016, 12:09 PM
On Death's Door in hard difficulty can bring you some 3* runes and evo runes. My new favourite farming level

Ancient Mariner
08-29-2016, 01:02 PM
On Death's Door in hard difficulty can bring you some 3* runes and evo runes. My new favourite farming level

saying which world it's in, would spare us some research time :)

Leo_ID
09-01-2016, 11:25 AM
saying which world it's in, would spare us some research time :)

Whoops, sorry, it's in the Battlefield