PDA

View Full Version : Losing interest in the Arena

Muzzleloader
09-09-2018, 09:15 PM
Is anyone else losing interest in the arena due to all the new op talisman. Its who gets the buffs win. I am not including the recent bugs for lost of interest. The battles are just getting to long to play, dont know how people have the time for 500+ battles each week.

Deathbat6120
09-09-2018, 09:26 PM
Yep. I barely play arena, only really doing my daily battle for the rewards. I give events somewhat of a go, but otherwise, I have no real interest.
For me, it's just too time-consuming and pointless. I don't have many fully-sharded characters, and I'm never able to get above 200 in rank due to both low Ironite and simply not being able to win against higher teams.
In terms of talismans, I have Eternal, Oracle and Valor (If counting both accounts), but I haven't ever used Valor (Or even levelled them up to 5*) and I only had interest in Oracle because it's really helpful for BNW.

Muzzleloader
09-09-2018, 09:30 PM
You through primordial, eternal and destiny along with Osiris and the buffs go wild.

Deathbat6120
09-09-2018, 09:35 PM
You through primordial, eternal and destiny along with Osiris and the buffs go wild.

Right?! I thought having 2 Horus (One with Eternals, other with Nightmare+Guard or whatever) paired with Osiris and Ed the Great was bad, but when you bring in the rest of the OP talismans, it's just impossible.

Ancient Mariner
09-09-2018, 09:46 PM
Agree, arena is not a feature I play anymore, except for the daily reward.

I only play it when there are events, merely to get the rewards... And if it wasn't for the weak defense that many of us set, it would be impossible to reach those milestones now with all these strong chars...
Most of times you have to face osiris-blue lilith-horus and an eddie with a primordial set.. Nearly impossible to win and if you can, you need like 10 min per fight.. Too much

Muzzleloader
09-09-2018, 10:03 PM
It's looking like battling gauntlet to level AAA if possible is the best use of time and SoW. The rewards aren't too bad and the IC is nice, if the new changes stay in place with brought back on line.

Amarthir
09-10-2018, 03:41 AM
I like to stay in the lower rankings where you don't see teams with all that. It's fun for me there :3

With the way that the Gauntlet cost and rewards were tweaked before they snatched it away from us like a step mother taking away a baby's toy, it was looking to be a much more entertaining replacement for arena.

corvus83
09-10-2018, 11:00 AM
Yes I totally agree. I was surprised nobody else was complaining about the current arena balance state. I used to have fun rolling arena battles in a pinch. And now with golden buffs galore and relics stacked, a fight takes like 15 minutes; I'm like "I don't have time for this s**t" press exit and concede. And I don't think this state of the arena will be changed in the near future.

Blue lilith with invincibility provided from destiny and perfect immunity makes her whole team invincible. And really just a handful of characters deal with that. If at all possible..

I'm considering to put a weak defense stay at lower ranks and play gauntlet until I get the upper hand in relics and develop a solution against the current meta.

Muzzleloader
09-10-2018, 12:17 PM
I have been in the top 50-100 for the last few months and it has lost its appeal, the extra frags and ironite is nice but not worth the time anymore. I could probably make the same iron coins at lower ranks with way fewer losses and trouble. I think they OP'd the fun out of the arena.

Blade
09-10-2018, 01:38 PM
play gauntlet

Gauntlet? What is Gauntlet and where can I find it? ;)

Really diappointed that it got removed. Reducing the SoW costs, increasing the IC per win and change some equipped Talisman sets seems like it was too much for the code of the game and broke it completely.

It's a shame, especially right now, as Arena is also totally broken and this Gauntlet season was about a Talis set that I wanted to have. I sit on 2 of the 3-set energy-shield Talis since they showed up for the first time - I think it was during last christmas.... btw I am still annoyed from this! Forcing people to do 300 wins over the christmas days - the most family related days of the complete year...thanks again for this nice, friendly and human decision :mad:

edsel
09-10-2018, 01:56 PM
Return Gauntlet. Wanting to continue my run in this excellent hi-stakes PVNF feature. Why was it pulled?

R1ck
09-10-2018, 05:34 PM
Now even less desire to play with all the hangs. Last week had only one, this week 4 so far.

rags-6094
01-04-2019, 06:05 AM
Is anyone else losing interest in the arena due to all the new op talisman. Its who gets the buffs win. I am not including the recent bugs for lost of interest. The battles are just getting to long to play, dont know how people have the time for 500+ battles each week.

Well well! What have I found here? I was looking for an old "Congrats to arena efforts" thread I started a few months back and came across this gem....

Muzzleloader congrats on your current arena status - no this is not a piss take, good work Buddy top 25 bound in the current talisman/character/AI prolific environment, that's a really good effort! I hope I can join you up here in future weeks.
Cheers!

Muzzleloader
01-04-2019, 01:08 PM
Rags. The only reason I am here is because of the dungeon event dropping SoW, and partially neglecting gauntlet this event. Otherwise I would be around top 100 or less. The IC earned is nice. I will get FFE at the end of gauntlet, and was only one vortex from prime. Ran out of time to unexpectedly phone upgrade, had plenty of fodder.

Sidney
01-04-2019, 03:40 PM
Yeah... I generally do my daily 1 battle and then towards the end of the week I do enough to get over 1900. It's kinda nice and laid back since by the end of the week I've dropped back so low in the ranking that I can make up enough points in about a half hour. Gauntlet is fun but I get tired swapping talismans around when you get to the class specific and no duplicates rounds. Now if there was an easier way to swap talismans, that could be a game changer. I also don't like the fact that in Gauntlet you are forced to have dupes for certain levels, but you have no way of knowing which talismans you have on which character. I can see the skill shards, but not the talisman combination. They only way to tell the difference is if you go write down the stats of each and refer to your reference sheet. It's easy when you only have two of a character and you have one "Locked" and the other isn't... that's an easy way to tell... but when you have 4 or 5 of one, you really have no way of knowing. I'm going off post now so I'll stop...

Sorry... :D

HuckFinn150
02-11-2019, 04:45 PM
He's a good reason to lose interest in the arena. I was doing a battle and it came down to my Ferryman and the opponents Charlotte. She couldn't hurt my Ferryman, but she got on multiple attracts that consisted of 10 extra turns in a row. It ended up in a draw due to get healing, but I could have beaten her if it weren't for the multiple 10 turns and healing. The ai really needs some adjusting. The we no echo or other indicators that should have given 10 turns in a row....

Muzzleloader
02-11-2019, 05:04 PM
At least she wasn't able to revive her allies. I would hate to be a new to mid level player in the arena. With all the newer toons it is becoming difficult and time consuming to play. I have quit playing and my nephew is using my account and he is getting his butt kicked in the arena/gauntlet.

blade685
02-11-2019, 05:06 PM
my first 3 battles of the day was explosion loop when i killed the defense= 3 defeat.............i love arena...

rags-6094
02-11-2019, 05:21 PM
At least she wasn't able to revive her allies. I would hate to be a new to mid level player in the arena. With all the newer toons it is becoming difficult and time consuming to play. I have quit playing and my nephew is using my account and he is getting his butt kicked in the arena/gauntlet.
Hey ML clear your inbox!

Yup
02-11-2019, 05:46 PM
It is ENTIRELY about buffs now... Mostly things like Tower, Warlord, Mimic, and at times, Primordials still -- the only way to make fun of it is to pay attention to buffs... removing then granting them etc. The character strengths themselves aren't the factor they used to be.

AND... death makes characters weaker, even if they revive. SOME passives fail after death - Prisoner, Charlotte, A Banshee - no passives upon revive. But some remain active , mostly blockers - M Lilith, S Desert Guard, etc. And talisman passives also fail after reviving. So, that can be some good at least.

All in all, I don' think it's any bette or worse than it has been. It's just different. I get my ass handed to me by teams I should beat in 1 turn all due to that (not there) AI accuracy boost granting every possible buff it can grant. And failing to allow my team to remove buffs when it should.

-------

I mean this is why dawn of the Ancient Mariner was lackluster. overall and you only see him occasionally..... he doesn't do anything special with buffs :) And you are already disabling passives due to A Banshee.

Natasmai
02-11-2019, 05:53 PM
Yeah... I generally do my daily 1 battle and then towards the end of the week I do enough to get over 1900. It's kinda nice and laid back since by the end of the week I've dropped back so low in the ranking that I can make up enough points in about a half hour. Gauntlet is fun but I get tired swapping talismans around when you get to the class specific and no duplicates rounds. Now if there was an easier way to swap talismans, that could be a game changer. I also don't like the fact that in Gauntlet you are forced to have dupes for certain levels, but you have no way of knowing which talismans you have on which character. I can see the skill shards, but not the talisman combination. They only way to tell the difference is if you go write down the stats of each and refer to your reference sheet. It's easy when you only have two of a character and you have one "Locked" and the other isn't... that's an easy way to tell... but when you have 4 or 5 of one, you really have no way of knowing. I'm going off post now so I'll stop...

Sorry... :D

a way to make this a non-issue.... remove all talisman from a toon after you use it so you know it is no longer available.

Muzzleloader
02-11-2019, 06:13 PM
Yup, you are correct that buffs are a major part of the game. A year ago we weren't dealing with so many buff/defuff/passive options. The strength of the toon may not he as important as before, we now have to deal with relics. I can tell the difference going against players with full relics. If you are not a die hard player or spending real money on special talisman the game is way different.

This is off topic, but you can really see the difference relics make in the special dungeons. With identical teams people with fewer relics cant always clear the battlefields.

Ip4
04-10-2019, 04:09 PM
how you people playing this days pvp against FFE,Prisoner and KP?My all team have immunity but always my all team passive are disabled,how? today i lost 13 battles in row by attacking and enemy ALWAYS playing first turn and on first attack my all team is stunned by FFE...when i see enemy playing first i immediately restart game to save time...from 3200 i go down to 2900 points...today i give extra points to all if you goes first ;)
fuck pvp!

Blade
04-10-2019, 04:29 PM
how you people playing this days pvp against FFE,Prisoner and KP?My all team have immunity but always my all team passive are disabled,how? today i lost 13 battles in row by attacking and enemy ALWAYS playing first turn and on first attack my all team is stunned by FFE...when i see enemy playing first i immediately restart game to save time...from 3200 i go down to 2900 points...today i give extra points to all if you goes first ;)
fuck pvp!

Muhaha, maybe I should also switch to this cheesy defense if this makes so much trouble to many of you :)
I normally have no problems with this team (that's why I have another defense setup), but sometimes (my statistic says in about 3-4% of the matches) a miracle happens and when they go first and FFE has some heavy buffs, he kills 3 of my 4 guys with one smash bypassing all blockers and other passives. It was already confirmed by the devs that there is some struggle with the Prisoner's passive in the code in combinations with others (obviously KP).
The real problem is NotB Eddie and if the funny new green robot gets many extra turns and by this also the heavy buffs...could not believe my eyes with this one!

Ip4
04-10-2019, 04:43 PM
FFE stun better than Horus...what to say...lol

Stormseye
04-10-2019, 06:11 PM
I have a 30% to win against this team even if I go first. This build would not be nearly as powerful without Passive Disable ignoring all rules in the game and is the main reason why the Prisoner Passive needs to be addressed and fixed. Despite that my current defense has been holding up better but that is because of the AI controlling it and not me.

Natasmai
04-10-2019, 06:27 PM
my defense is FFE KP Prisoner and Musashi

I have about a 70% win rate on defense (currently 3 losses in last 10 shown) game says the rate is 67%.

Unfortunately I get very few attacks since I put this defense up. On the bright side, my rank doesnt drop and continues to climb slightly when someone does attack. On the down side, I'm going to actually have to play some games if I want to get above 1900 this week :-/

Arena is complete shit and i would be happy if it went away entirely.

edsel
04-10-2019, 06:31 PM
I have been running a completely overpowered team of:
Number of the Beast Eddie - Warlord, Hex and Cosmic who does up to 345+ per opponent hit
Madam - Cosmic and Alchemy transforming negatives into buffs
KP and Assassin Banshee both have Warlord, Immunity and Sustaining

This setup had a 68% defense last week, now hovering at 60%. Blast through most every opponent in a round or two, losing is like a fluke with all this protection and power.

This type of setup is what people are complaining about, but just like when I had a brief advantage running 4 sets of Primordials before they were nerfed, this wave will end. But what a ride!

Blade
04-10-2019, 06:46 PM
Yes, edsel your team is pure horror! It was your team where NotB Ed did >1.2 million damage (!!!) to my team combined with one hit and I also have "some" relics...

One could say well done (which is true), but also could blame the game structure that this is possible (which is true aswell) :)

@Natasmai: Come on, Arena isn't that bad! Get up the ranks and it will be a bit more challenging (and your crazy defense rate will finally go away ;) ) Maybe we will meet then once in a while!

Yup
04-10-2019, 06:55 PM
Alchemy talismans have boosted my D % by more than 200% over last week.

Natasmai
04-10-2019, 11:24 PM
Yes, edsel your team is pure horror! It was your team where NotB Ed did >1.2 million damage (!!!) to my team combined with one hit and I also have "some" relics...

One could say well done (which is true), but also could blame the game structure that this is possible (which is true aswell) :)

@Natasmai: Come on, Arena isn't that bad! Get up the ranks and it will be a bit more challenging (and your crazy defense rate will finally go away ;) ) Maybe we will meet then once in a while!

When they run the Arena events i do a bunch of arena, get up around 3000 rating, but it pays exactly the same prizes at the end of the week. Arena is complete garbage and its prize structure is so completely out of whack it is ridiculous. I use my SoW for Gauntlet, which i think supplies reasonably good rewards.

Blade
04-11-2019, 09:23 AM
You are right, the pvp reward system needs a big adjustment. This would also make it more interesting for many as it seems. Still I enjoy the Ironite reward and the 15 IC for each win in the upper ranks! Gauntlet is still too expensive above AAA in my opinion, despite the fact that the costs were already reduced. Good thing that we have both, pvp and Gauntlet!

BTW: Congratulations to druid for Eternal last week! Really nice to see you up there, trooper! Unlucky to finish rather close to 10k, but still very great - my respect! Just for comparison, I finished #7 with only 60% of druid's points...this difference is huge!

scott-5496
04-11-2019, 09:27 AM
I do the minimum in Arena - it is pointless for me. I dont have the time to get into the top10 so I dont bother and never will as the prizes are terrible and not worth the time at all. Battles are often too long and RNG kicks you in the balls a lot so I ten dto just try and saty in the top 200 or so and that is fine for me and means no need to buy any ironite or use any ironite to stay there. they really need to freshen up the loot for sure as there is only really FC and I focus more on doing gauntlet and even that just the bare minimum to get what I want - I then stop and that is me for that season.

Natasmai
04-11-2019, 11:49 AM
BTW: Congratulations to druid for Eternal last week! Really nice to see you up there, trooper! Unlucky to finish rather close to 10k, but still very great - my respect! Just for comparison, I finished #7 with only 60% of druid's points...this difference is huge!

that difference right there is a huge part of why the arena system is broken. there shouldnt be such a disparity between players ratings. IMO, There should be a finite pool of "rating points" that gets traded amongst the players, we all start at 1600... If someone has a rank of 2400, someone else should have lost those same 800 points, but the total points in play should always balance out to 1600x(number of total players)