PDA

View Full Version : Serenity talisman

Stranger
09-17-2018, 03:17 PM
The set of three is now available in Gauntlet gunner pack. But what is good for? NF offers something for real money without any information :confused: Any info from devs?

Blade
09-17-2018, 03:32 PM
Good observation! I have also seen that, but no idea what they can. Actually I don't care that much and I don't participate in the pay-2-win crap on principle!
But some info would be nice anyway so that we can plan what to do against the scumbags using them in PVP (if there is a solution... unlike against redemption that is really annoying at the moment!)

How about a new Talisman set that disables the Talisman effects on the opponent? :mad:

Fudjo
09-17-2018, 04:19 PM
From the September tuning announcement:

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10620-September-2018-Tuning-PRELIMINARY

Serenity Talisman - Gunner

New 3 set Passive Talisman to be featured during special events and in the shop.

Gain Cleanse status for 2 turns at the start of battle.

Cleanse all negative effects, including Silver effects from all allies and grant Cleanse and Regen to all allies for 2 turns upon death.

Kaz_LOTB
09-17-2018, 04:22 PM
The set of three is now available in Gauntlet gunner pack. But what is good for? NF offers something for real money without any information :confused: Any info from devs?

Hey guys,

Apologize for the oversight on this one. Here's the description:

"Gain Cleanse status for 2 turns at the start of battle. Cleanse all Negative Effects, including Silver Effects from all allies and grants Cleanse and Regen to all allies for 2 turns upon death."

Cheers,

-Kaz

Stranger
09-17-2018, 04:32 PM
Thanks Kaz (and Fudjo as well).

scott-5496
09-17-2018, 04:33 PM
Blimey, eh we better get a set then!! Surely these are going to change the game somewhat? So it cleans out all negative buffs 100% so if other team has, for example, primordials these new talisman will wipe out there negative effects on your team and vice versa? So how does that work if two team have a set each? Does that negate all negative effects on both teams and just leaves the buffs?

Sounds like it negates Prisoner as wel on the first turn passive disable?

Yup
09-17-2018, 04:51 PM
Remember Cleanse doesn't remove silver buffs. Only red.

But yeah would be an overall counter to The Prisoner's passive for certain.

Not sure how many have caught this, but they seem to be moving attributes form passives and abilities to talismans. Since talismans can't be "disabled" it does change things up a bit.

Stranger
09-17-2018, 04:57 PM
Yup, it "Cleanse all Negative Effects, including Silver Effects". So it sounds like a good defense against the primordial. I suppose it will appear in the future as a reward for some event.

Yup
09-17-2018, 05:09 PM
Oh My bad. I didn't read well enough. Okay then.

Kaz_LOTB
09-17-2018, 05:20 PM
To clarify, it only cleanses silver effects "Upon Death". So something like Icarus or a Golden Son would be likely candidates to use it.

-Kaz

Yup
09-17-2018, 05:25 PM
Okay so I was right... Cleanse traditionally does not cleanse silver buffs. This talisman set is special because it will clear silver buffs upon death, but that really has nothing to do with Cleanse specifically. is that correct?

Stranger
09-17-2018, 05:31 PM
You're finaly right, Yup. Now it's totally clear.

scott-5496
09-17-2018, 05:47 PM
To clarify, it only cleanses silver effects "Upon Death". So something like Icarus or a Golden Son would be likely candidates to use it.

-Kaz

OK, so on first two turns it cleanses red effects only - so passive/stun/freeze/passive disable and the like - but not Perfect Coruption/Seal for example (i.e. silver effects)? If so then not a major game changer I don't think but useful nonetheless - especially against stun/freeze teams or Prisoner's passive disable.

Stormseye
09-17-2018, 05:58 PM
You want to turn the Arena on its ear, change the Cleanse ability game wide to also remove silver buffs. That will shake up some builds.

Kaz_LOTB
09-17-2018, 06:24 PM
You want to turn the Arena on its ear, change the Cleanse ability game wide to also remove silver buffs. That will shake up some builds.

That would make the cleanse status effect itself a bit too powerful, BUT we are looking at improvements to both Immunity and Serenity Talismans for future tuning updates. Something along the lines of Immunity vs all Silver Effects for the wearer of the Serenity Talismans, etc.

-Kaz

Stormseye
09-17-2018, 06:36 PM
Kaz,

Thanks for the info and insight.

Yup
09-17-2018, 07:50 PM
looking at improvements to both Immunity

Hopefully something like PI not preventing the removal/theft of Endure and Invincibility and maybe Immortality (blue). So PI prevents theft of all status boosts, but not (blue) life boosts.. That would allow things like Counter, ATK up, Class Adv, D up, etc to still be unremovable/un-stealable. That would be nice. And would certainly shorten the time some matches take now. I hate teams with Osiris if he has a chance to cast his power move or Horus....... everyone with PI and endure... PI has to be removed before Endure can be removed (or permadeath applied). Match outcomes are generally the same.. but they take 5 times longer.

The PI vs Endure thing is not really an issue when it's on ONE character (e.g. the earlier discussions about PI, Endure, and G Valkyrie) ... but when the entire team get it, it is just nothing but annoying and time consuming.

(And please still fix Asset and her ally killing! :) )

Olevipoeg
09-18-2018, 04:46 AM
Serenity talismans could be very useful to grind NotB madness on auto. Putting the set on the Gunner Golden Sun and the Beast Fury is neutralized.

ill
09-19-2018, 03:38 PM
I got it to play around. First match was vs a team with Prisoner which disabled the cleanse portion :( Was this the intent because Prisoner typically doesn't disable the tailsman effects.