PDA

View Full Version : Rework Initiative

Skuller66
09-19-2018, 06:20 PM
Greetings Troopers!
We all know that the number of Eddies is now amazing and this number is only expected to grow with time passing by. Now, new is always fun, however, many Eddies have hardly been played since their release, or even at all.
These Eddies are weak, have very limited uses and often don't have the means to deal with all the new characters/effects/talismans to be viable.
I hereby propose a movement similar to the one we had with HS Eddie just a few months ago.
Put the Eddie you find too weak as your champion.
Bring all Shamans, Vikings, Wickermans and Grim Reapers!
By bringing attention to the need for updating these characters we might do something nice and productive.
I wish to encourage communication of ideas from both the devs and the community.
KEEP THE CONVERSATION CIVIL!
And at the end of the day we may grow stronger alongside these poor, underutilized Eddies.

Stormseye
09-19-2018, 06:28 PM
I would love to see older Eddies updated but as has been stated many times, only new characters draw income for the company. That being said I will toss up a weak Eddie in support of this.

Skuller66
09-19-2018, 06:35 PM
Every person counts!
Thanks for your support!

druid138
09-19-2018, 06:46 PM
I support this initiative! Hallowed, GRE, Mystic, Shaman, etc.

I don't even need to change my champ . . . Rainmaker still deserves some improvement, even with the recent change.

Yup
09-19-2018, 06:48 PM
Lately I have the week Eddies as champions anyway... I set them up to allow other to complete the mission achievements. And lets face it, those Zone, Comet, Meteor, etc talismans aren't exactly "high powered" either :)

The overall problem is even when they do rework an Eddie, they don't bring it inline to compete with the latest Eddies. They've revisited HS, Rainmaker, Tailgunner, RttH, just to name a few. And while improved, they still don't even come close to standing their ground against, Doomsday, Breeg, Clansman, etc. Remember it's the power creep and new characters they feel makes them money. They are not too interested in keeping long-term players happy (As noted by the seemingly 1-1.5 year lifespan and "i quit" notes here on the forum).

GrimDusk
09-19-2018, 08:30 PM
The two Eddies that really truly need to be fixed, in my opinion, are Carriage Rider and Hallowed. Mystic needs to be buffed, but he isn't completely useless. Hallowed is just uninspired and useless, and doesn't tie into his song at all. Hallowed Be Thy Name is about a man who has been sent to the gallows to die, which could definitely be turned into an awesome character that uses death looming overhead to wreak havoc, but instead they chose to base him off the Hallowed flavor of The Trooper beer. Carriage Rider used to be one of the best Eddies in the game, his Fury was awesome, his skills were unique (for the most part), but he just never got the buffs he needed. Every other Eddie in the game can do what he can 10x better. Hell, he got overshadowed so early in release with the creation of Grim Reaper Eddie, a vastly superior Magus Eddie. He doesn't even use a Carriage in any of his moves, just a scythe that really doesn't even play into his moveset as he uses it like a stave in all of his moves.

Here are my proposed changes.

Hallowed Eddie: Get away from the beer theme, and remodel him. His abilities need to have a set focus. Make him hit more than one target, or make him nuke that target if he is a single target damager. His abilities should be themed around inevitable death, so definitely give him an ability to inflict Doom. I think he should even gain a buff for his use only called "Hallowed," making the toon affected have a countdown to death in a few turns, but also gaining large powerups. Think of it like combining Ghost and Ascension. This could be applied through his Fury to all teammates, as a sort of "last resort."

Carriage Rider Eddie: He needs a full rework. Just entirely changed. First off, why not make him ride a black horse similar to Alexander Eddie? Second, make his abilities actually function at high-level play. We already have a Grim Reaper themed Eddie, so that wouldn't work, but maybe we can have him have a similar feel to a Dementor or Ringwraith? Give him abilities that rip the soul from the enemy, such as lowering their stats and improving his own. His Fury actually isn't terrible, but the "increase all stats" part of it needs to be changed to Ascension and the "decrease all enemy stats" needs to be changed to Exhaust. Also, make him use his god darn scythe. He just waves it around at the moment, give him some ability to slash people. I don't know if he should herald any new effects, but if he were to I suggest something that makes his enemies soulless; perhaps it's kind of like a reverse fate talisman, as in it will give a random silver effect every turn it persists on the enemy, such as Perfect Corruption, Seal, and Perfect Sleep.

What do you guys think?

Skuller66
09-19-2018, 08:50 PM
I personally really like Hallowed Eddie's aesthetics, but I agree that it feels like he doesn't know what he wants to be in terms of archetype. For a single target damager he deals very little damage, and he hardly has AoE. The idea of a Hallowed effect sounds interesting. It would definitely give him a lot of flavour, and using the fury well would be very rewarding, in some cases it could single-handedly turn the tide of battle.

As for CR, he really does need an overhaul. The spellvamp basic is practically a wasted turn, and I'd swap out the Ghost for Soul Protection, and for 7 power it might as well be teamwide. What I'd also imagine is something like how Warlord can put ghost on an enemy. CR could do that for the enemy team for example, which combo'd with permadeath could be really strong, especially with revivers being all over the Arena right now.

Wickerman Eddie def needs to be changed head to toe. He has the gimmick of burns, but all other characters with burns pretty much do it better than him.
So I'd think his fury should get the consume effect instead of Melt. For each burn consumed he could grant Ascension, Perfect Health or Endure to his team. So if there are enough burns basically the whole team can be guaranteed all 3. The rng nature could be what makes this option somewhat balanced, since there's always the chance of the same buff getting overwritten several times.
Melt could be AoE with a chance to apply random burns on all enemies. Magma shield could also be changed to have another use to it other than just getting a blue buff and applying some burns. And the bonus power-magic up-maybe extra turn ability just has to go.

edsel
09-19-2018, 09:32 PM
I would love to see older Eddies updated but as has been stated many times, only new characters draw income for the company. That being said I will toss up a weak Eddie in support of this.

Is it really worth the time for the devs to buff outdated characters instead of making new overpowered ones and creating a revenue stream when we all chase after the prize? I appreciate when they upgraded Rainmaker, Visions and made these waste of skill shards worthy in PVP. But having them remake all the ones that suck or un-nerfing ones like Vampire may make us happy but not create soul chasing spending frenzy.

I have Aces with Zone as champ, these talismans like all the other rare BNW sets should be upgraded also.

Stormseye
09-19-2018, 09:46 PM
Exactly Edsel, there is no money to be made by improving characters that most people have. That is basic business sense. Why make the first iphone/android better when we can sell you a better one for more money?

Amarthir
09-19-2018, 09:55 PM
Because the Holy Smoke movement was so effective that it inspired a sequel XD. I will participate just for the fun of it.

I support continuing to rework old Eddie's to keep Pace with the meta. I don't want them to be super op new meta, but I want them to at least be able to be useable. Especially poor carriage rider whom I've been wanting an upgrade for since they started doing this rework thing.

I will add to this as I go along

Carriage Rider
Fury: Removes all beneficial effects (including golden effects) from enemies. Inflicts Fear for each golden effect removed
Cleanses all allies (including silver effects) and grants them Ascension and Perfect Immortality.

Grim Reaper
Fury: Inflicts up to 2 stacks of Fear on each enemy
Revives all allies and grants them Perfect Immunity and Physical/Magic Charge for 3 turns.

Vampire Hunter, literally just rebuff him to how he originally was and change Mark to Rainmaker's Torment, change his immunity move to cleanse silver debuffs and Grant perfect Immunity, he'll be just fine.

Fear of the Dark
Mystic
Hallowed
Viking

HuckFinn150
09-20-2018, 02:02 AM
CR was my main Eddie until he just couldn't do anything but die. I have him fully sharded and he was fully maxed talismans as well. I wish he had a blunder bust like most carriage riders carried. It would be more unique and fitting. I'd love to play him again. As of now I only play him in hard. He's not strong enough for madness.