PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on Gauntlet Strategy

Muzzleloader
09-26-2018, 12:18 PM
I just reached level SS. My first matchup is against DDE, Icarus, Daedelus, and Osiris. How did everyone get through that fight without consuming all great allies. Any suggestion, it doesn't appear I will get to far in level SS if this is how the matches go. Especially since you cant reuse toons next level either.

I haven't pulled. DDE, Crusader, Breeg, Beast or bought Alex yet.

edsel
09-26-2018, 01:23 PM
My first SS was different-DDE, Prisoner with Primordials, Osiris and Horus with Eternal. This gets tough to go in with just enough power to beat the opponents and not wasting what you are gonna need to get through the grade. I got into SS and am waiting until the final day before reset to beef up what characters I have left to the getting to SSS. The 15 players who got to SSS must have rosters and luck far greater than mine. This is fun because it is challenging. I really enjoy using all the random characters that are otherwise collecting dust.

ElvisIsDead
09-26-2018, 01:27 PM
I assumed we were all facing the same teams, but I didn't face that combination until the 8th match of level SS. By that time I had already used most of the best characters, including the yellow lilith, which would certainly have come in handy against the golden buffs. I've failed 4 times now, and I'm not sure I can muster a decent enough team to bother trying a 5th.

Due to the fact there are no restrictions on what talismans the enemy can use, it is not always possible to judge what characters you will need to defeat them, so you just end up hitting a brick wall at a certain point. The difficulty level is probably about right though overall. You probably need a near full roster and at least half of all relics to make it to SSS.

Muzzleloader
09-26-2018, 01:58 PM
Thanks guys, my first match is going to be tough using my yellow lilith out of the gate, also need immunity, cleanser team. The gauntlet is fun and becomes very challenging to determine a strategy. Any ideas on who to choose to conserve my better allies.

Shaolin85london
09-26-2018, 03:22 PM
Thanks guys, my first match is going to be tough using my yellow lilith out of the gate, also need immunity, cleanser team. The gauntlet is fun and becomes very challenging to determine a strategy. Any ideas on who to choose to conserve my better allies.

I would recommend to bring ragna warrior valk with you as her immunity protect against burns. Then a allies who can wear primordial such as gunner golem and ofc an healer. However you need a beater too so I d say pom at least. Cheers

Tim28213
09-26-2018, 03:36 PM
I have to say I'm disappointed to find out that the battles are not the same. With character selection being so critical it seems like the battles should be in the same order for everyone if we are being compared on our progress to determine final position. Maybe if my mission 6 had been first I would have completed it the first pass because I had stronger characters available.

I am completely stuck on the 6th mission in SS and I can confirm that my battles are different than the ones posted by edsel. I have lost the coin toss on mission 6 5 times now and been destroyed every time before I even get a turn. I got a second turn once I was able to go first but only had 1 character left who promptly died after he spit blood on the ground at the AI's feet. I'm done with Gauntlet for this week. I still have strong characters left, but nothing that would make sense for this specific opponent team.

Muzzleloader
09-26-2018, 03:49 PM
I may guess that the order or even opponents teams are not the same is so after someone goes first they cant tell everyone what to expect. They may be using a so called RNG to generate the opponents.

I would like to know what are the teams like in SSS..j congratulate anyone who makes it through SS with teams still able to compete.

Muzzleloader
09-26-2018, 05:21 PM
Thanks Shaolin, I wouldn't have thought of Ragna since I haven't sharded her.. I used PoM, Ragna, sentinal NBoL and gunner rockets. POM destroyed them with critical strike and fury. NBoL kept them alive with heal shield.

Daedalus had echo and had 3 turns both times, he would have killed me without Ragnas passive

Shaolin85london
09-26-2018, 05:34 PM
I may guess that the order or even opponents teams are not the same is so after someone goes first they cant tell everyone what to expect. They may be using a so called RNG to generate the opponents.

I would like to know what are the teams like in SSS..j congratulate anyone who makes it through SS with teams still able to compete.

SSS (first 10 lane)

1) ie, gcotd, horus, sekmeth
2) ie, gimp, gl, ml
3) dde, sekmeth,Horus, ml
4) Dde, magus Lilith, gimp, Osiris
5) pom, Horus, ml, Osiris
6) dde, ml, gimp, sekmeth
7) pom, ml, Osiris, gimp
8) aces, ass Lilith, ag, abb
9) clans, Crimea dog, wur, Clair
10) ie sl, ml, horus

SSS (second 10 lane)

1) cyborg, Icarus, Osiris, gl
Side note this was my defense asset last arena week.

2) mystic eddie, am, ml, s.valk
3) Alexander, Crimea dog, wur, Clair
4) vhe, wdd, gh, sus (green skeleton)
5) ie, acr, gimp, green Lilith

I didn't beat 5th team yet so I don't know last five teams how looks like

Muzzleloader
10-08-2018, 08:10 PM
Any ideas on how to beat the following team. I dont have DDE or POM eddie.

Benji Eddie
Icarus
Horus
Osiris

kkkreg5
10-23-2018, 03:12 AM
Just fought my first SS match. Set up my team to match my opponent but not talis. Hallowed Edd, Clair, Mag Lilly and Gunner CotD. Eventually lost but mostly due to the number of extra turns. Opponents got far more extra turns than I did. Plus the sword flip! I know it's not supposed to be easy, but cards are clearly stacked against the player.

rags-6094
10-23-2018, 04:48 AM
I don't consider myself an expert on SSS by any stretch of my imagination, but the only way I cleared all 10 battles the first time round was before every battle I swapped talisman on my toons.

I hate doing that because I spent a fair bit of time getting the talisman balance right across all my fully sharded characters, but there comes a point when you will certainly run out of sharded ally's if not sharded eddys....

I probably spent an average of 10 minutes to half an hour preparing for one battle, the second time round I'm not doing so well I have already failed twice on the first battle. DDE, M Lillith with Destiny, Sekhmet with Echo, Gtotd with Primordials...
My only sharded Eddy's left are Carriage Rider, Soldier, Eternity, Mystic, Storm I have unsharded DDE, Rainmaker, SOL and Wickerman.... ally's left no lilliths, no gods, no blockers, Ihave nearly as many Eddies left as ally's...
Would love to better my position but oh well....

Muzzleloader
11-16-2018, 10:25 PM
I am asking for a few suggestions to defeat a gauntlet team.

The team is Benji Eddie, Daedalus, Osiris, and the alchemist.

I am trying to defeat with original 3* toons. If needed I will use 4* toons. Can anyone help on this battle.

Fudjo
11-16-2018, 10:38 PM
I am asking for a few suggestions to defeat a gauntlet team.

The team is Benji Eddie, Daedalus, Osiris, and the alchemist.

I am trying to defeat with original 3* toons. If needed I will use 4* toons. Can anyone help on this battle.

Do any of the original 3* toons inflict Permadeath? Thorn talismans are very likely useful here, too.

rags-6094
11-29-2018, 05:48 AM
I have a conundrum, I have undead allied soldier left but he has been left by his Eddie master with shroud.
Now I have all 4 x ally's alive, Cyborg (primordials) Allied bomber boy Sentinel, Astra, Newborn of Light Sentinel
I have no problems keeping my team full of health, but none of my attacks have any effect, stupid UAS just gets frozen, slept, blinded etc but no damage, it's all blocked, even Cyborgs fury is blocked... any body got an idea?

I've been using it on auto for the past 1/2 hour but no change.. I don't want to give it up as it will effect my position etc...

natasar
11-29-2018, 07:53 AM
Had the same happening a couple weeks ago. I do not remember the opposing character, but I think it had shroud up as well. I did give up after 10 mins or so.

Zerynx
11-29-2018, 08:25 AM
There was another thread on this, I can't locate it right now.

I remember the work around when you hit this bug is you need the "passive" type damage. Damage that comes from burns, marks etc.. your normal attacks aren't going to break through.

Good luck man, I lost a AAA, no duplicates battle, last fortnight due to a "connection with sever error." Almost tossed my phone though the window.

rags-6094
11-29-2018, 09:00 AM
I let it go on auto for an additional 5 or 10 minutes which achieved bupkis, I'm sure UAS was being hit by one of them with the occasional magic burn, but alas I threw in the towel,this one support can sort out...
I sent a request through, we'll see what comes of it watch this space"...........

Iced_Earth
11-29-2018, 07:57 PM

I got the same team in a row... anyone Tips to handle it without using my best roster?

edsel
11-29-2018, 08:29 PM

I got the same team in a row... anyone Tips to handle it without using my best roster?

I would wait for the pending update when these clowns get the nerf they definitely have deserved. Halloween is OVER BITCHES! No more HE/Alchemist/magus Lilith monotonous domination.

edsel
12-01-2018, 05:31 PM

Me too only 3 times!5048

Ancient Mariner
12-01-2018, 07:14 PM

wow lol...impressive

T-Man
12-01-2018, 08:43 PM
First 2 SS battles, same for me too. A little balance here would be nice. :rolleyes:

And, now 3 in a row. Why can’t every battle consist of HE, Alc, and M Lilith just like the Arena. Yeah what fun! :confused:

Serious question, are these teams in Gauntlet based on what’s popular in the Arena?

Tim28213
12-02-2018, 04:45 AM
i find it ironic that the devs feel the need to nerf these characters but also decide to spam the gauntlet with them.
They expect us to run unique and creative teams but they lack the ability to do the same.
Is the point here that there really are only a few characters and combinations that are challenging so even the devs can’t come up with anything different?

Also the teams I got were similar but not the same this week. Are we not battling the same teams through the gauntlet? I did not see Ra in any of my SS battles or GCotD.

Olevipoeg
12-22-2018, 09:02 AM
Find another unbeatable team today. Not only all very powerful chars, but combination with most powerful and hard to obtain talismans.
DDE has sustaining and warlord, Killer Prime has immunity, warlord and sustaining, Madame has oracle and Charlotte has redemption and guard. 2 warlord and sustaining combo is tough.

waymo
12-22-2018, 11:00 AM
I haven't even got past only warrior only this time. I only have 6 warrior eddies & 3 got wasted!

HuckFinn150
12-25-2018, 11:06 PM
Has anyone gotten to SS yet? The first team is unbeatable by me so far. It consists of Horus, POM, assassin Hellraiser and Icarus. Hellraiser is set to go second and Horus is last. The system gives itself first turn and just decimates my team due to the endless stunning. Ideas???

Ip4
12-25-2018, 11:24 PM
i am now on S and it's much harder,one wrong move and you are defeated,can't imagine what is on SS :)

HuckFinn150
12-25-2018, 11:36 PM
I got through S by the skin of my teeth. No dupes and only 5 Eddie's to use. I think I find a team impervious to stun, but I need to evolve one plaster to 100 before I try. It consists of Emporor samurai Eddie, Queens guard, Ichiyou and Reaper.

Muzzleloader
12-25-2018, 11:47 PM
Huckfinn. What is your ID

HuckFinn150
12-26-2018, 12:22 AM
@Muzzleloader;88518 it's kite1268-1219 your one of my troopers

Muzzleloader
12-26-2018, 01:37 AM
What teams did you try, so we can look at what you have remaining to use. They like to make the first one or two battles the toughest to make you you some of your best toons.

HuckFinn150
12-26-2018, 02:04 AM
First team was RttH with echo/boost (all maxed), Assassin Krampus with quake/strength (all maxed), Koku with steel/stone and Prisoner with invisibility/thief. The last 2 are sharded, but not maxed in talismans. Serving was HE with echo/boost maxed, Lady Azov with death and paralysis maxed, Charlotte with dominance/ energy and GCotD with flash/void. The last 2 are not maxed.

kgk56
12-26-2018, 03:38 PM
i am now on S and it's much harder,one wrong move and you are defeated,can't imagine what is on SS :)

SS is easy compared to SSS : the first opponent are POM - Musashi - Prime Killer - Charlotte ... I lose valuable characters & I think I'm done at this level (anyway I will have enough for FFE and a complete Valor set)

Zantarath
12-31-2018, 08:18 PM
but once u get past that battle its perttycake walk for 3 battles mate
tho this battle caused a loss in thich i lost my M lilith, Clansman and other very valuable characters
i managed to win after i put my PoM Alchmist and Sekhmet and my last blocker Q^Q

rags-6094
02-06-2019, 04:19 AM
Has anybody had a crack at SS this week?
I faced FFE, Alchemist, A Banshee, M Lillith for the first fight, I tried to spare my best troops for SSS... so first fight I lost...
I decided if I waste anymore there'll be no more fights anyway so bought out one of my better teams, of course this had a blocker and A Banshee in the team, I won whoopee!
Next fight walk in the park, then the next three fights two had A Banshee, two had FFE 3 had Prisoner and at least 2 had KP

This latest one has Prisoner, Trooper Ed with what talisman I don't know but absolutely buried me 4 x... Horus and KP.
To the Developers if you are going to create a fair contest in Gauntlet when we are all only allowed to use our characters once, why do you think it is fair to repeat and triplicate the same characters that none of us can possibly compete with..?

I have blown a massive stash of Sow trying, so how about some answers Devs explain how this is fair please? Or is this a second nail in your coffin in one week?

I usually cruise through SS and SSS maybe twice, but this latest level you have stooped to takes the cake, are you trying to turn away your best customers? How about some answers please?

Yup
02-06-2019, 07:45 AM
My Gauntlet theory..... Fight to the rewards you can live with, then STOP for heaven's sake :) That is unless you get locked out earlier.

Two weeks ago I was through 3 or 4 rounds of SSS.

Last round I got burned at that last battle o n AAA with DD, Banshee, Prisoner.. I mean.. it's ridiculous to ask people to compete with those characters wearing impossible talisman combinations... all with ONLY Magus characters and no duplicates. It's a near impossibility, in not actual impossibility, for most. I mean 6 battles 4 character each = 24 characters, but there's only ~16 decent Magus characters.... they KNOW they are creating impossibilities. Sure hopefully you can win 1 or two with only an Eddie or an Eddie and 1 supporting character, but still.

I think they forget the whole "game" aspect at times and just want to fuck with users because they can.

I'm currently sitting 2 fights into SS, Rags. Spending most of my SOW elsewhere ,, heh. I'm not stuck, just haven't bothered to try more yet. But it doesn't surprise me if you hit a battle that simply is unwindable. I have at times and sometimes VERY early on.

An then.. there's that AI boost.. but.. thanks to my unrelenting area fighting the past few days, I think I have figured something critical out about that.. he, he ,he,,,,,,,

edsel
02-06-2019, 10:02 AM
AAA was hard this week for sure. Rags, tough break for you this run, SS is forcing me to burn valuable players to pass. Hard to guage saving good players for future battles and risking loss or blasting through with OP teams to get as hi rank with 0 loss. Top 10 requires passing into the 3rd SSS stage, by then you surely have used most good characters. Conquering the first fight on each SSS is always the hard one, but saving teams for this risks losses along the way. I agree with Yup to get a level that yields acceptable rewards and stop. To get into 80+ wins is expensive and requires a great deal of luck with the coin toss and AI behavior. 5246

Yup
02-06-2019, 10:08 AM
I though this round AAA was easier.... Last round with AAA magus only was difficult.. at least that last fight.

Ip4
02-06-2019, 10:25 AM
i just lost last chance to finiSH last battle in AAA,why? Because my Aset with destiny talismany played like she doesn't have any talisman,looks like destiny is broken...stupid gauntlet...

Olevipoeg
02-06-2019, 11:03 AM
i just lost last chance to finiSH last battle in AAA,why? Because my Aset with destiny talismany played like she doesn't have any talisman,looks like destiny is broken...stupid gauntlet...
I just tried 1 AAA fight.
Iron Eddie ( guard immortality), Sekmeth(Thief, Strike), Icarus ( destiny shell), Assassin Hellriser(eternal)
I tried with 4 fully sharded and fully equipped characters including Ancient Mariner and Magus Lilith and lost. 2 Destiny sets didn't get a single Invincibilty for me and gave it to Icarus immediately. So it seems for computer it is not broken.

Ip4
02-06-2019, 11:28 AM
Olevipoeg,yes that's the team i lost because of destiny...

Muzzleloader
02-06-2019, 01:31 PM
My nephew is getting beat pretty bad on AAA, went against a team with destiny, Oracle, inspiration. Those golden buffs light up like a christmas tree. It must not be too bad, you need to be in S just to break into the top 100. Forgot that cyborg had primordials.

edsel
02-06-2019, 05:09 PM
Here we go again, wonder how many times a version of this awaits us this run...5247

hold
02-06-2019, 05:28 PM
Here we go again, wonder how many times a version of this awaits us this run...5247

I have a setup with FFE and KP plus Prisoner and A Banshee already in early SS ... Thinking about get all the big guns out to go through SS and stop. Will get the Mariner with it and saves a lot of frustration I guess.

rags-6094
02-06-2019, 05:30 PM
Thanks Edsel you've saved me bothering anymore.. Looking back I could have changed the lineup ever so slightly and maybe snuck through.. perhaps if I'd been bothered to swap talismans... ahhhh who am I kidding I'm too lazy after work to bother changing talisman...

Tim28213
02-06-2019, 05:51 PM
I hate to say I've lost a lot of the motivation for Gauntlet this time. It's disappointing because I came in with a ton of SoW stored. After the bug fails in the last gauntlet which pushed me down several spots in the final result and the repetition of AI teams it is losing its shine. I'm still playing it, but its more out of habit this time than a burning desire to blast through and try to get to the top.

I do not envy the devs setting this up. If it is too easy everyone gets to the top. If it is too hard only a few people get there and many complain. If it is just right then... wait... is that even possible? I do wish for more variety regardless of the difficulty level.

Zantarath
02-06-2019, 06:47 PM
That team Ate 2 of my strongest teams for breakfast and lunch, but the dinner finally satisfied them😂

I’m all out of passive disablers and cleansers at this point so the next Horus/KP/Ferryman/A.Banshee will almost be gurenteed to stop my progress

But man, this time around the gauntlet was a good challenge. I’m prob not gonna make top50 this time around but I gotten what I needed and enjoying the painful climb.

edsel
02-06-2019, 06:57 PM
Run to the Hills passive disable basic move to screw Ferryman up and damage based on enemy max hp against FFE plus wearing Valor to get rid of yellow damage block made him shine against this setup. 3 star Eddie blew up one of the toughest teams.

Esquatcho
02-07-2019, 07:01 AM
Run to the Hills passive disable basic move to screw Ferryman up and damage based on enemy max hp against FFE plus wearing Valor to get rid of yellow damage block made him shine against this setup. 3 star Eddie blew up one of the toughest teams.

Nice! RttH has some decent use it seems! ... Just need some valor talismans :/

Volrath
02-07-2019, 05:03 PM
AAA is brutal for me lately. This time most of the teams are full of maxed out liliths who do tons of damage. I have a pretty deep bench of magus characters but I use most of the viable ones pretty quickly. I'm still on track to get the Ancient Mariner by the end of the season I hope (and hopefully the devs fix that weird bug that gives the wrong gauntlet rewards).

Muzzleloader
02-07-2019, 07:18 PM
This season AAA just destroyed my nephews picks using my account. So many passives and 6 set talis, the gods, shinobies didn't make it any easier.

Esquatcho
02-08-2019, 04:38 AM
Yeah, I think AAA is also because is magus. There are some top notch magus chars, but not heaps of depth perhaps?

Its funny, somewhere there is a post recently about how warriors are underpowered and to an extent they might have less top level options. But imo, there is a lot more depth there for options in Gauntlet at least...

Olevipoeg
02-18-2019, 07:35 AM
Last Gauntlet was hardest ever for me. 3d SSS Round began with nasty surprise. One FFE KP Ferryman team... and then the second team was FFE KP Prisoner.

Muzzleloader
05-16-2019, 02:14 AM
I'm at level AA, my opponent is DDE, alchemist, prisoner, raven witch. Any one have any suggestions

Prisoner takes away 1st round passive, witch gives extra turns, alchemist can cleanse and DDE can just kill.

Esquatcho
05-16-2019, 03:43 AM
I'm at level AA, my opponent is DDE, alchemist, prisoner, raven witch. Any one have any suggestions

Prisoner takes away 1st round passive, witch gives extra turns, alchemist can cleanse and DDE can just kill.

Immunity talismans for prisoner? Then take down the alchemist asap, followed by DDE?

SinGularity-8786
05-19-2019, 12:47 PM
wtf... 1st fight in sss

Natasmai
05-20-2019, 02:56 PM
my first battle in SSS is
Gambler
Charlotte - Viper
KP
Madame - Alchemist

Dont think I will get past it this time. Had to use a ton of good toons just to clear SS and all the stupid Magus Lily/Destiny teams. First time in a few months that I havent gotten 62 wins.

SinGularity-8786
05-20-2019, 03:26 PM
A player with more losses to get the same number of wins has a better ranking than another that needed less fights… How does this work?

Natasmai
05-20-2019, 05:10 PM
i think its first come first served... win ratio is irrelevant. They got to 52 wins first. In theory, everyone should blast out as far as they can go with gauntlet as soon as it goes live. but there isnt enough time in the day for me to do that. I know I can usually get to 62 wins and that gets me top 100, so I dont care to worry about being there first. but if you are trying for a cut point that often has the same number of wins above and below the cut point, being the first one there is a must.

Shaolin85london
05-20-2019, 06:27 PM
wtf... 1st fight in sss

Uoops damn right there my current defense in arena. I thought they d not pick low ranks def team...I was wrong...

SinGularity-8786
05-29-2019, 03:31 PM
In arena I normally don't fight the KP/Prisoner combo. But now it's my ss-opener with Gambler and Charlotte.
What's your strategy to beat them and not burning best team I suppose to be needed in sss?

Blade
05-29-2019, 04:04 PM
Thats a tough one! Due to the Prisoner/KP glitch plus the vipers charlotte will have and probably Labyrinth on Gambler there is almost no safe strategy, especially if you don't want to bring your best guys. You better win the toss :P

So it seems like this is the case for many (all?) of us, that in the higher tiers the first battle is a killer team usually!

SinGularity-8786
05-29-2019, 04:22 PM
Lady Luck is no friend of mine… So hoping on cointoss isn't a good strategy for me :cool:

SinGularity-8786
05-29-2019, 05:22 PM
A legendary loss…

To those of you facing the same team...

Gambler - Warlord+Banner
Prisoner - Primordial
KP - Greed+Trap
Charlotte - Viper