PDA

View Full Version : The Lightning Strike of the Baroness - Exclusive Chance for Baroness Redan!

Leviathan
09-28-2018, 12:08 AM
Get Officer Souls from event challenges for an exclusive chance at getting Baroness Redan!

From now until October 4th, 5 PM PT, the Officer Soul has become available! The Officer Soul is a limited time event soul which guarantees a 3★ to 5★ character of any class, and is the ONLY soul that has a chance of granting Baroness Redan.

With her army destroyed and the only loyal sister–Lady Azov–at her side, The Baroness Redan joins the battle against the invaders of her homeland as a new 5★ Gunner in Legacy of the Beast. The Baroness brings an outstanding level of healing and support to her team–granting extra turns to allies and removing beneficial effects with each of her attacks–while also having no shortage of offensive power–gaining Critical Strike Chance and Revenge for the duration of battle.

Officer Souls can be earned in one of two ways:

There are Event Challenges that will earn you a variety of rewards including Skill Shards, Warrior Child of the Damned Fragments, AND Officer Soul Fragments. Getting 200 fragments will earn you an Officer Soul, with up to 10 that can be earned from challenges over the course of the event. Beware! These challenges will require you to inflict debilitating negative effects, so search through your roster for Eddies and allies which have similar powers!
The store offers Officer Souls for Ironite in the usual bundle sizes of 1, 3, or 10.

Please note that after the conclusion of this event, collecting more Officer Fragments will not be possible, but any extras you have can be converted to Precious Soul Fragments. Additionally, Baroness Redan is not available in any other souls, and after this event, will only be featured occasionally in Heroic Soul Rotations. If you miss your chance to recruit her now, it may be a very long time until you get another chance!

Fudjo
09-28-2018, 12:18 AM
Gunner Chopper rides again!

Cefiar
09-28-2018, 12:30 AM
Currently running Gunner Chopper, Gunner Demon Spawn and Iron Eddie. Covering at least 3 bases there, with the occasional 4th when the AI bothers to use the ability.

GrimDusk
09-28-2018, 12:39 AM
So I see the new shtick is to make super powerful characters, and only feature them occasionally in Heroic Soul rotations. This is gonna be quite a troubling (and annoying) practice if this continues.

Amarthir
09-28-2018, 12:58 AM
Here's my all in one team

Speed of Light Eddie: Explosive+Future
(Block effects, Grevious Burns)

Gunner Chopper (Permadeath)

Gunner Demon Spawn (Silence)

I have Cyborg and Navigator Eddie in the background both wearing Primordial Talismans for the seal and perfect corruption. Better enjoy this now before it gets fixed!

The challenges are pretty daunting just for 10 chances at a character that is a Heroic soul exclusive. (Still waiting to see Daedalus in the upcoming rotation!) Get the souls if you want but don't expect to get her immediately. I don't, I'm just playing for the just-in-case chance.

If the devs want me to spend cash in this game, they need to come up with some better deals. $50 for 1,800 ironite, ergo, 20 officer souls, is too much for too little in my opinion.

Wyphy
09-28-2018, 01:39 AM
Wow, 2,250?

Also, get bent.

HuckFinn150
09-28-2018, 01:44 AM
I'll pass on this toon. She doesn't strike my fancy. Plus, I need to build my ironite up for future chances to get Halloween out Christmas characters. Would love the pumpkins, snowmen and especially Coalgiver. Play on and enjoy.

Cefiar
09-28-2018, 01:46 AM
So just to confirm on this event, is there no restrictions on where you use these effects for them to count, yes?

ie: Cosmos, LoL, BNW, Skull Quests, Arena ?

Given the very large values required, this to me makes sense, though I can't see it explicitly stated this is the case. I also didn't see it explicitly ruled out either.

Muzzleloader
09-28-2018, 01:55 AM
If you only play powerslave without purchasing any SoW, you can earn several of the achievements. Using gunner chopper you can earn 1500 permadeaths a day, same with silence using gunner demon spawn. Iy you have primordials perfect corruption will be no problem, can also use FotD eddie for silence or perfect corruption.

Cefiar
09-28-2018, 03:09 AM
Grievous Burn: Only toons I know of are Doomsday, Navigator, Samurai and Visions Eddie, plus possibly Daedaleus (passive inflicts random burns, not tested yet). Anyone else spot any others?

thealchemist
09-28-2018, 03:38 AM
Grievous Burn: Only toons I know of are Doomsday, Navigator, Samurai and Visions Eddie, plus possibly Daedaleus (passive inflicts random burns, not tested yet). Anyone else spot any others?

I just did a defense test with Daedaleus and grevious burn is one possible burn that can be inflicted per action so that might help somewhat. Otherwise I think I might run my 4* dupe Navigator with explosive on Powerslave to try and make a dent in that challenge.

I don't know of any other characters that can do it either.

I'll have to do perfection corruption and seal the hard way with FotD Eddie, Sentinel Lilith and magus chopper again and Assassin CR for the seal, with a little help from troopers who have primordials...

mikus666
09-28-2018, 03:43 AM

There the ones I thought of. No DDE or Daedaleus here though.

Cefiar
09-28-2018, 04:09 AM
Yeah I think I'll run Doomsday & Daedaleus for the Grievous Burn challenge, just as soon as I complete the Permadeath one (already finished Silence).

Cefiar
09-28-2018, 05:49 AM
Got Permadeath all done.

Am now running Speed of Light, Deadaleus and Prisoner (with Primordials) for a while. On auto, Speed of Light Eddie seems to like using his Block Beneficial Effects, unlike Alexander or Iron Eddie.

Yup
09-28-2018, 05:58 AM
Horrible trend..

It's bad enough the odds of getting new characters is next to nothing, but now.. you'll have no shot of getting the character at all if you don't get it during the event. Sure, it'll be in Hero souls in what 6 months? And the odds there are pretty bad as well for 5 stars.

Just more and more and more pay to play shit....

TheAlbatross-1864
09-28-2018, 06:05 AM
Also dont forget about the Explosive Talismans. They can potentially apply grevous burns on perfect hits. Ideal for the warrior or assassin child of the damned as you can get up to 4 perfect hits perwave in pve, granted you kill the enemies in a single hit to activate their passives for an additiomal turn

rags-6094
09-28-2018, 06:36 AM
I'm using Cyborg with primordials for seal, G Chopper for permadeth and Sekhmet for silence in Powerslave to begin with Ill deal with the others later unless someone can give me a more efficient way...I don't have either of the last toons on offer and no DDE.... so grievous burns I was hoping could be achieved with rage talisman in Alex? Maybe not I can't check now still farming the others right now...

rags-6094
09-28-2018, 06:37 AM
Oops I meant perfect corruption on Cyborg...

Knut-3112
09-28-2018, 06:55 AM
Bang your head against the wall 1250 times! So fun!
And I had a hope that maybe it will be Night City at last.. Silly me.
New OP characters that are unobtainable from normal souls and there's like 1% chance of getting them. I hate this shit.
I'm closer and closer to quitting this game.

Ip4
09-28-2018, 07:10 AM
again stupid event,only paying paying payimg for CHANCE to receive something...

Cefiar
09-28-2018, 08:06 AM
Primordials will give you perfect corruption and seal (amongst other things). And you always have Navigator or Visions for Grievous burns (multi-target power move), or Samurai (single target basic).

FWIW: On Auto with Doomsday, the basic skill that gives grievous burns doesn't really trigger much. Probably better off with one of the other Eddies tbh.

Blade
09-28-2018, 09:04 AM
So again a new character? The character pool is constantly growing, while the slots in the inventory aren't. To me that's a problem, always close to the 300 and I cannot save many dupes for sacrifice because of that.
Has anyone got her already? How does she perform, is she good?

In general I like such events. You get some of the demanded debuffs just by normal playing and for the rest you can design good teams to reach the challenges quickly. Also, we have a week time for this - which is fine.
Probably only few players will get the new character from the few free event souls - and everybody hopes to be part of that lucky 1%. Some will buy event souls for Ironite (= cash), but I surely won't do so. The fact that not every character is available in normal and class specific souls is part of the game mechanic, so I can understand - as long as it is only a small share of characters!

To have those characters then available by heroic souls is a good idea for long term players. For instance, I only used a handful of heroic souls when these souls were invented, as I missed one character form the first group of characters that were available from heroic souls. Of course I did not get the wanted character, but I got him later from a normal rare soul. So I have planty of fragments stored for the lady if I won't get her from the free event souls from the event challenges.
Therefore I would recommend not to use heroic souls for chars that you can also get from normal rare souls!
Good luck everyone!

desprezo
09-28-2018, 10:17 AM
Hate this soul chance events, never have i ever got a event toon.
Guess this one will be no different.

Banished
09-28-2018, 10:27 AM
Hate this soul chance events, never have i ever got a event toon.
Guess this one will be no different.

Agree.

but for me the positive point is that I will receive 100 frags of Children of the damned and therefore will have it next week. finally.

Ip4
09-28-2018, 10:39 AM
this red child is only good for sacrifice...

Banished
09-28-2018, 10:45 AM
this red child is only good for sacrifice...

oh shit... then for sacrifice to finally receive the alchemist

Knut-3112
09-28-2018, 11:59 AM
The red child is not too bad actually, and it can wield Valor talis. Totally wrecks Sentinel Lord of Light. With every kill he gets another move which is cool.

@Blade - the heroic souls would make more sense if there was 10% chance for each character, regardless of its class. Currently, they work just as every other soul and pulling a 5* is very difficult with them. You must have a truckload to get a chance.

Wyphy
09-28-2018, 12:00 PM
If you only play powerslave without purchasing any SoW, you can earn several of the achievements. Using gunner chopper you can earn 1500 permadeaths a day, same with silence using gunner demon spawn. Iy you have primordials perfect corruption will be no problem, can also use FotD eddie for silence or perfect corruption.

I don't have the time, let alone the team or talismans for that.
I get one full run per day after reset and then usually about 1/2 a full run in the morning before work.

Doesn't matter as the chance to get lucky is miniscule anyway, and I don't buy souls anymore as it's just a waste.
Still, would be nice if I at least had a chance at getting a chance.

Liebhild
09-28-2018, 12:47 PM
Before releasing new toons it would be great if you would fix the old toons 1st, so many of the new toons are bugged. OK, I know, you give a shit on what the players think.

TheAlbatross-1864
09-28-2018, 01:16 PM
The Warrior child of the damned is a great pve character in my opinion, and I have used him plenty in the arena to one-shot characters like viking and visions eddies once he has the right buffs applied. He is a bit fragile so he needs protection, but I use this character to brute force my way through opponents.

Blade
09-28-2018, 01:33 PM
The red child is not too bad actually, and it can wield Valor talis. Totally wrecks Sentinel Lord of Light. With every kill he gets another move which is cool.

@Blade - the heroic souls would make more sense if there was 10% chance for each character, regardless of its class. Currently, they work just as every other soul and pulling a 5* is very difficult with them. You must have a truckload to get a chance.

I never used the child, as I did not have it in the beginning, where it was really good. Also the single hits take just too long for LoL. Red Lilith can wipe out everything in one hit (if your Eddie didn't do that before...).

About the heroics:
I looked into the BoS info: 1.5% for a 5* and then it's a 50:50 chance -> 0.75% for the one 5* char you want
compared to the event soul: 1.68% for a 5* and then it's a 41% chance -> 0.69% for the event char

So the difference in % isn't large. BUT you can have much more heroic souls for free compared to the event souls.

Ip4
09-28-2018, 01:39 PM
anyone found new character?i want to see her specifications :)

scott-5496
09-28-2018, 01:43 PM
I am farming Game of Death with:

Samurai (thorn and explosive)
Gunner Chopper (explosive)
Gunner Spawn (explosive)

Primordials on my ride along Nav and Cyborg.

Once they have done most of their thing will move to Prisoner and something else with Grievous as it is the slow one for me with this set up.

Stranger
09-28-2018, 02:17 PM
anyone found new character?i want to see her specifications :)

One of my troopers already owns her.

Basic:
- deals 4 hits of magic damage to single target
- heal self and a random ally each hit
- stun the target for 1 turn if their HP is below 50%

Power:
- deals 4 hits of magic damage to all enemies
- 50% chance to Heal, Remove a Beneficial Effect, and grant an Extra Turn to a random ally on each hit

Passive:
Gains Perfect Immunity, Critical Strike Chance, and Revenge for the duration of the battle

edsel
09-28-2018, 02:24 PM
Looks like a killer ally in Arena, hope to get one like my lucky Trooper...4904490549064907

Banished
09-28-2018, 02:39 PM
The Warrior child of the damned is a great pve character in my opinion, and I have used him plenty in the arena to one-shot characters like viking and visions eddies once he has the right buffs applied. He is a bit fragile so he needs protection, but I use this character to brute force my way through opponents.

Txs, so I won't sacrifice it :-)

Banished
09-28-2018, 02:40 PM
Looks like a killer ally in Arena, hope to get one like my lucky Trooper...4904490549064907

I want her, I want her

BTW, link with Iron Maiden? I do not see it.

Killer-Frost
09-28-2018, 02:51 PM
I completely agree. The challenges are insane for just 10 souls. So even if you manage to get them all, the point where you're more likely to get a 5 star starts at 20, so you'd have to buy ANOTHER 10 for 900 ironite, which even then it's not a guarantee. Rn I'm just fighting arena with doomsday, horus, and the prisoner for perfect corruption, seal, silence, and previous burns. It's not as effective as yours but it still works

DIEDD
09-28-2018, 04:27 PM
I want her, I want her

my friend... a long time since this game stopped being related to Iron Maiden, apart from the name, of course.

edsel
09-28-2018, 06:54 PM
Just encountered Baroness in PVP, she had Destiny. Not amazing damage but healing entire team like crazy. Have to stun and strip her to overcome this cycle.

druid138
09-28-2018, 06:56 PM
Very cool character, in design and lore. I think she fits in just fine with the Maiden and Trooper universe. I also like the perspective expressed in this wording: "The Baroness Redan joins the battle against the invaders of her homeland".

My only disappointment is with the event exclusivity. I've been waiting for a month to open my 60+ Heroic Souls on 10/1 for a chance at Edward the Great. But, now I will likely just have to hold them longer for a chance at the Baroness (since Edward is obtainable via normal souls). Kind of a bummer, as I was really, really looking forward to 10/1.

Yup
09-28-2018, 07:18 PM
That passive is ridiculously overpowered. And 4 hits.. and heal "each hit" is equally overpowered.

The 'game" is getting fucking ridiculous.

Ip4
09-28-2018, 07:24 PM
i played pvp against one of top players and her heal is really good and attack is ok,nice character,also i see destiny and adventure talismans...

Askora
09-28-2018, 07:27 PM
I want her, I want her

Crimean War reference!

R1ck
09-28-2018, 08:09 PM
That passive is ridiculously overpowered. And 4 hits.. and heal "each hit" is equally overpowered.

The 'game" is getting fucking ridiculous.

Totally agree

Muzzleloader
09-28-2018, 08:33 PM
Who thinks the game hasn't passed ridiculous. We have just another potential OP character to try and earn.

Any one have a good way to earn grevous burns beside explosive talssman. I am going to try assasin pyro with a weak multihitter hoping to earn some burns. The other achievements are just a grind especially if you have primordials.

blade685
09-28-2018, 08:44 PM
cool another event to win nothing at the end with his 3* loot souls ^^

Icarus
09-28-2018, 09:03 PM
I like the variety on the different toons because it brings more options to fight, but now i hate this new idea of ''Exclusive Soul Event'', sure we had them all the time but now the chance to get the ''Exclusive'' lies in just that event, and not in a future update as before.
The thing that started all this in my opinion, was the release of The Beast, which almost for me was a bad a idea, of course the Beast is badass, but is the last Boss and is mean to be overpowered on its way, i really think that the release of the Beast not only as a playable character but also as a character to get in one single event, is just a terrible idea, i didn't even see if the Beast will be alvaliable in the future in the Frontier store for example.

Now again on the first point, i don't like this new idea and most of us now have realize that it will become a tradition on the future (like Deadalus and currently the Baroness)

Even if they make a rotation for a chance to have them via Heroic Souls, the chance stills being low and the rotation itself as someone said before, will take a lot of time to be done.

Fudjo
09-28-2018, 09:30 PM
Who thinks the game hasn't passed ridiculous.

The game started off with rocket-launcher-armed dogs and demonically-possessed landmines.

Patrice-1201
09-28-2018, 09:48 PM
To me the biggest issue is the crazy target they are putting on event goals. It is so boring to repeat the same tasks again and again. I am really fed up with the grind. I was lucky to pull her but I also hate the fact that all these toons added are making it even harder to pull what we want... this money grabbing strategy has to stop now!

We were told they were going to focus on new players during the tour and new content will come in the fall but this is ridiculous now...

apeterrr
09-28-2018, 09:57 PM
I actually tried explosive tails on different toons and even when combined with a warrior bomber boy with increased accuracy, it doesn’t work at all. What toons or combination are you guys using to apply Grievous burn ?

Fudjo
09-28-2018, 10:01 PM
To me the biggest issue is the crazy target they are putting on event goals. It is so boring to repeat the same tasks again and again.

And yet every time they raise the target numbers we blow through them like it's no big deal. Speed of Light Eddie, Gunner Chopper, Gunner Starfish, back pocket Cyborg with Primordials and you have 4 or 5 of the goals done in a two day's worth of auto-play.

Muzzleloader
09-28-2018, 10:24 PM
This event isn't any greater than most cosmos based events. If a player has the correct toons it can be done without buying any SoW. Other cosmos events needed 550 battles, this one isn't much different. Nobody commented on the SS that can be earned this event, along with some frags that some players can use.

DanielRacy
09-28-2018, 10:55 PM
I'm using Son of Light (I think that's the name) with strike and explosive talismans, he has revenge for passive. So lots of possibilities for that burn. FOTD Eddie and Gunner Demon Spawn ( wich will be replaced by prisoner with primordial after silence is completed).

Forgot to mention that FOTD has Thorn talisman.

Yup
09-28-2018, 11:04 PM
Doomsday, Gunner Chopper, and G CotD with Primordials... chipping away at all status achievements are pretty much equal speed.... but I'm not "grinding" really. Certainly not refilling SOT.

Cefiar
09-28-2018, 11:46 PM
Rate I'm going I'll finish this sometime in the first 3 hrs of the second day.

PS: Probably would have been sooner but I went to a metal gig last night and the game crashed out during autoplay. :/

mikus666
09-29-2018, 02:50 AM
Switched from Powerslave to Game of Death. Grevious Burn is now triggering a lot more on autoplay. No change to character sets. Warrior Newborn of Light with explosive.

Muzzleloader
09-29-2018, 03:23 AM
I found using assassin pyro for perfect hit, a long with an Eddie and ally all with explosive works good. There are other toons with marksman passive that may help.

Tim28213
09-29-2018, 03:50 AM
Gunner dog with explosive talismans and assassin pyro soldier also with explosive for perfect hit are burning through grievous burn for me. Navigator is leading this crew. I’ve completed everything other than grievous burn.

Cefiar
09-29-2018, 04:06 AM
Finished all the achievements. Took me a little longer as I went out for breakfast and then had to take one of the cats to the vet for an arthritis shot.

10 Officer souls (dropped all 10 at once) gave me:
1x 5* (Rainmaker Eddie)
1x 4* (Magus Mayan Priestess)
1x 3* Eddie
2x 3* GA characters
4x 3* normal characters

Bought 10 Officer souls (dropped all 10 at once), got:
10x 3* normal characters

Oh well.

Ip4
09-29-2018, 08:21 AM
this going very slow,i need months to complete this event,only seal and perfect corruption have chance to finish in next few days...

chrismt
09-29-2018, 11:34 AM
The team i use now that silence is done (demon spawn gunner is ideal for that)

undead rescuer sentinel is good to block beneficial effect (add explosive talisman for grevious burn)
doomsday eddy for grevious burn
golden son with primordial is good for permadeath, seal, perfect corruption.

waymo
09-29-2018, 01:13 PM
What are you guys using for seal?

Muzzleloader
09-29-2018, 01:41 PM
Primordials on secondary Eddie is useful. ACR give one passive seal per round. Prisoner power move also works.

Ip4
09-29-2018, 01:43 PM
For Seal it's primordial and Prisoner power attack,maybe someone have better idea...

Stormseye
09-29-2018, 02:00 PM
For seal block/ beneficial buffs used 2 Assassin Corrupt Rescuers with SoL Eddie with Explosive Talisman and knocked those out pretty quick. Still have a few Grievous Burns but those will get done in PvP with DDE

For Silence and Perfect Corruption. I guess I sacrificed Gunner Starfish lol. Doing FoTD Eddie with explosive talisman. magus CoTD for more power generation. Doing this one on manual and its going fast. Just have Perfect Corruption, Silence and Grievous burns left. Only a dupe Eda from the souls I have gotten.

Olevipoeg
09-29-2018, 04:10 PM
The team i use now that silence is done (demon spawn gunner is ideal for that)

undead rescuer sentinel is good to block beneficial effect (add explosive talisman for grevious burn)
doomsday eddy for grevious burn
golden son with primordial is good for permadeath, seal, perfect corruption.
Gunner Possessed Mine and Assassin Possessed Mine also have block beneficial effect attack. It's only 50% chance though.

Ip4
09-29-2018, 04:27 PM
15 event souls and only one red eyes- green pyro soldier...this type of event really need to boycott by all players...

apeterrr
09-29-2018, 05:05 PM
Switched from Powerslave to Game of Death. Grevious Burn is now triggering a lot more on autoplay. No change to character sets. Warrior Newborn of Light with explosive.

That’s is certainly worth a try. I was running matter of life and death with like 3 burns when lucky.

Muzzleloader
09-29-2018, 05:24 PM
I played powerslave with assassin pyro a weak Eddie and green dice, all 3 had explosive talisman. Averaged 15+ burns a battle.

Cefiar
09-30-2018, 12:17 AM
Block Beneficial Effects: Speed of Light Eddie (best on auto), Alexander Eddie (manual), Iron Eddie (manual), Crimson Hourglass, Warrior Golden Son, Gunner Possessed Mine, Assassin Possessed Mine (yes, I have pretty much everything, and this was the last thing I had to do so....)

Grievous Burn: Navigator Eddie (best on auto), Doomsday Eddie (manual). Samurai Eddie (manual), Visions Eddie, Daedalus

Permadeath: Gunner Chopper, Magus Chopper, Seventh Son Eddie

Seal: Eternity Eddie (fury), Iron Eddie (fury), Mystic Eddie, The Beast (fury), Prisoner, Assassin Corrupt Rescuer, Primordial Talismans

Silence: Sekhmet, Gunner Demon Spawn, Sentinel Harpy, Visions Eddie, The Beast

Perfect Corruption: Fear Of The Dark Eddie, Navigator, Magus Chopper, Primordial Talismans

Rain88
09-30-2018, 12:31 AM
The only reason I'm completing this event is the skill shards... Event souls are useless gambling, repeat same task 10,000 times is "fun" apparently and more characters = more bugs. Anyways event is an event, devs are trying

Hardest would be seal and burns I guess...

R1ck
09-30-2018, 04:54 AM
For grievous burns, visions Eddie, warrior bomber boy and dessert marauder all of them with only a 3* set of explosive on Powerslave madness. 60 SoT got around 700 burns.

druid138
09-30-2018, 05:13 AM
For grievous burns, visions Eddie, warrior bomber boy and dessert marauder all of them with only a 3* set of explosive on Powerslave madness. 60 SoT got around 700 burns.

Beautiful, man! I gave this a try and got 80 burns in 3 runs of PS. This is SO much better than what I had been using. Thanks!

OdoyleRules
09-30-2018, 01:41 PM
Another successful event. I am not even going to bother with getting the next 900 Grievous Burns.

Malilpio
09-30-2018, 01:55 PM
Had to do 3 of the missions manually, rest should (and is) doable on auto. Level: Powerslave madness (SOT to number of enemies ratio is preferable)
First setup - Navigator Eddie (any talisman build will do) for grievous burn, Sentinel Undead Rescuer with Explosive set - 75% chance to block beneficials on basic AOE move +35% chance for burns, Assassin Pyro Soldier with Explosive for burns and passive, which gives Perfect Hit for 2 turns. Alternatively you can swap Navigator for a single- target Eddie, as he may wipe out the entire floor in his first move. This build gave me 25-30 burns per round on auto.
Second setup - FOTD Eddie (talisman build not important) - future power move (5 power) gives AOE Perfect Corruption, Magus Child of the Damned (gunner also will do) - passive gives 5 power per round compared to normal 3, hence FOTD can use Perfect Corruption every round. Put Explosive talisman set on the Child for additional grievous burns. Final toon - for floor wiping, preferably Assassin COTD, as it has permadeath on basic attack and gets extra turn for every kill. This setup requires manual play though (I don't have Primordials). Each game gives me 45 Permadeaths.
Third Setup - Seventh Son Eddie, Warrior Death Dog (with explosive) - power move (5 power) gives AOE permadeath, combine him with magus COTD (once again, explosives) for continuous power generation. SSE future basic move will get you another permadeath on a single target. This team also requires manual play (once again, don't have Gunner Chopper)
For Seal - Rainmaker Eddie (or any other single- hitter, so that only one foe gets killed), Warrior COTD (you can also put Explosive on him) - basic move gives 20% chance to seal, with 50% when fully sharded. His passive will give him an extra turn each kill, making him attack 3-4 times on a particular floor. Combine him with Assassin Corrupt Rescuer for guaranteed single Seal (passive). This can be easily done on auto, 80 SOT (rewards for quest completion not included) gave me around 400 Seals
Silence is pretty easy, Gunner Demon Spawn and u're golden (on auto)
Block Beneficial Effects can also be farmed easily on auto, my first setup gave me 1120 for 160 SOT

blade685
09-30-2018, 02:03 PM
a shitty event like other yes, only 3* shit in souls and ALWAYS same players have the new characters.....

Kmadd69
09-30-2018, 04:16 PM
not even gonna mess with it.

Shaolin85london
09-30-2018, 05:39 PM
a shitty event like other yes, only 3* shit in souls and ALWAYS same players have the new characters.....

Small difference between those ppl is that some of them keep getting new toons thanks to BS lucky rng in their account, others they really need to arse hard in order to get the designed character. Especially new accounts they get event toons straight away instead old account needs to open several event souls and sometimes isn't enough yet.

Icarus
09-30-2018, 10:23 PM
Small difference between those ppl is that some of them keep getting new toons thanks to BS lucky rng in their account, others they really need to arse hard in order to get the designed character. Especially new accounts they get event toons straight away instead old account needs to open several event souls and sometimes isn't enough yet.

I really felt something like this before, when i don't play the Arena for a while i end on 1700-1900 range and then i see a lot of Lvl 30-70 with a lot of toons taht i didn't even had being lvl 100.
What im trying to say here has nothing to do with the Lvl itself but that lvl tells me how many time they had been playing, usually Lvl 30 as i remember or 50 for example, had taken me like 2 or 3 months i guess, maybe more, but when i see the list of the challengers on Duelist III most of them are lvl 50-70 and most of them had already characters like Osiris, Clansman Ed, Visions Ed, even the Prisioner. And im talking that most of the list with that level, i even found a lvl 28 with a Vampire hunter and some other 4* toons, they had Liliths too but they are after all, more accesible than others to pull.

So i really think that the new players have a much better chance than others that have a lot of time on the game, and i would say the logical answer is because the extense variety of toons that has been increased a lot on this last time, and that could be some hard for new players if they want to go to the arena.

desprezo
10-01-2018, 12:07 PM
I really like this kind of events, since you can do it without much stress on auto and without spending any extra resources. But I really like the grinding part of the game.
What I really don't like is the luck part, but that's the game, so I don't really cry about it. I've never earned any event character during the event itself, today wasn't any different, 10 more 3*.

I would love if they would put some absurd numbers on top of the usual event stuff for extra grinding, like 15k grevious burn, 10k seal, whatever, but with a garante that we get the toon.

Wyphy
10-01-2018, 01:22 PM
So i really think that the new players have a much better chance than others that have a lot of time on the game

Perhaps it's just seeing something that isn't really there, but my experience was that I quit playing for about 5 months, and when I came back in July, I got several of the then current event characters right away: Sekhmet, Clansman, and Doomsday, with lots of Desert Sniper and Lilith fragments.
After that, it slowed down immensely, and I have not gotten an event character from event souls since then; I did get Breeg via a regular soul, and the souless demon and death dog.

I did hit it pretty good when I started again, but I really didn't play or buy any more than I have for the other events since then and I've gotten very little in return.

Yup
10-01-2018, 04:06 PM
This character is way overpowered where healing is concerned. With the self-application for Crit strike than healing on ever hit, she basically full-heals her entire team with ever hit.

I'm done. You all have fun with this mess.

vpachev
10-01-2018, 07:23 PM
Got lucky this time and pulled her! Put her right away in my defense team to see how it will work and my rate is at 60% right now, whilst before it was never more than 5-10%. I guess that there people who do decide not to attack when they see her. I don't play much in the arena, because it is hard to compete without good set of relics and some talis (primordials!). What I am saying is that she is obviously overpowered at the moment. Who knows what we are about to see.

Ip4
10-01-2018, 07:33 PM
she will be available in G/A rare souls?

Fudjo
10-01-2018, 07:41 PM
she will be available in G/A rare souls?

"Additionally, Baroness Redan is not available in any other souls, and after this event, will only be featured occasionally in Heroic Soul Rotations. If you miss your chance to recruit her now, it may be a very long time until you get another chance!"

Ip4
10-01-2018, 07:52 PM
thanks Fudjo,that's bad news...

Icarus
10-01-2018, 08:00 PM
This character is way overpowered where healing is concerned. With the self-application for Crit strike than healing on ever hit, she basically full-heals her entire team with ever hit.

I'm done. You all have fun with this mess.

Heal Block wants to meet you, even with Inmunity it isn't that big issue just like Sentinel Lilith, the same with Destiny Talismans, just remove inmunity and then Block Effects or Perfect Corruption. Please don't take this as im teaching you how to play, but as a normal and minimal thing that most of the people forgets, because i see everywhere that ''something is way too top'' when there is a cheap and good solution, unlike the first versions of the Liliths or Primordial talismans that were really wat too op.

Icarus
10-01-2018, 08:04 PM
This is what really bothers me, i'll be honest in the fact that i feel bad for not having Deadalus (because he looks badass :cool:), but if they are going to set this kind of requisite to release new characters, then is a bad idea.

Yup
10-01-2018, 09:59 PM
Heal block does apply with the same regularity or last as long as PI or Immunity does... that's the issue. And of note is that good ATK characters which CAN cast heal block are few and so far between... and killed easily by almost any character released in the last 3 months. This "game" has gotten just stupid in their quest for money.

Amarthir
10-01-2018, 10:21 PM
After thinking it over, limiting these new characters to heroic souls might actually make getting them easier. Other than the fact that it could be a long time before you see them, if you save your fragments you could get dozens of heroic souls or more when they show up. And since there's only 2 five star characters to get, that's like 50/50 chance. Besides, they could actually both be in the same rotation so you'll get either the Baroness or Daedalus if you're lucky to get a 5* pull.

Putting them in Heroic souls separated them from the slew of characters that swim around in normal souls, making them easier to end up getting when you save up lots of heroic fragments. Which I've been earning hundreds of by playing Gauntlet, which is like a billion times less stressful and more entertaining than the arena.

Heal block does apply with the same regularity or last as long as PI or Immunity does... that's the issue. And of note is that good ATK characters which CAN cast heal block are few and so far between... and killed easily by almost any character released in the last 3 months. This "game" has gotten just stupid in their quest for money.

Y'know, usually when I start to dislike something, I usually just stop associating myself with it..... Might be something you should consider, just saying.

Alvorada
10-01-2018, 11:42 PM
Now it is official: I am waiting her on heroic soul rotation.

The 10 souls earned at the event bring me only two 4*.

scott-5496
10-02-2018, 10:44 AM
I have to say that I have faced her a few times and she is a massive pain to deal with - got one loss due to her too. She is a great toon - maybe or maybe not OP but to be honest if it is not her it is someone else. in the sum of it I am not too bothered either way as losses do seem to be more common now - just the new meta and the fact that more recent toons can win you a game, in the past they struggled to do this.

We all just have to get used to the fact that the game needs to make money to continue and NF clearly know what does and does not make money and hence the swing to releasing loads of new toons that folk fight and think - I must have that, get soul pack etc etc

All makes sense and we all have to get that or move on. This will not change unless a new revenue stream opens up for them. A new world or new content will not get them money up front (it may make some of us stay longer a play a little more but in terms of spending on ironite etc will that actually work - not much I dont think other than maybe a rush from a group of players with time to see who finished it all first) unless there is a degree of pay to play (like Gauntlet maybe) but even that I am not sure is a money spinner - or at least I cannot see it anyway. There seems to be ahard core small group who go into SS or SSS every round we have of it and I can see why - they have a little time, happy to spend a bit of ironite and get IC and the other goodies. If I had a bit more time I may do it myself (or why keep all these dupe Eddies!! LOL).

I could chuck a lot of maony at the game - easily (I am financially in a good place) but to be honest I am not wired that way. My brain work like most others I am sure. An example, I like to wash my car and do some detailing etc - but if in a week I have not got the time I consider paying for it because for £15 and 45 minutes of someone elses time I can get it done to a decent standard (not to my OCD levels but close) inside and out and it saves me two hours of my time. Maybe a stupid analogy but hoepfully it makes sense - we all try to work out if something is worth it or not. I could literally dump hundreds into the game (sorry if that sounds shit but I have a decent job) every week but in no way will I ever do that - I sometimes struggle to do my £9.99 every month for the ironite and I have not bought souls in a long long time...oh and another thing I try to never gamble with real money - I always lose, never win I and I have learned that over many years......this game wont change that but the occasional 'flutter' doesnt hurt if you know the chances are so slim to be stupid - you literlaly have way better chance gamling on horses or football or whatever...maybe the lottery is closest!!

DanielRacy
10-02-2018, 10:45 AM
11 souls. One 4*. Another event, no event character for me. Not a single one. Fuck!! So frustrating.

kgk56
10-02-2018, 11:01 AM
11 souls. One 4*. Another event, no event character for me. Not a single one. Fuck!! So frustrating.

33 souls & no Baroness. Frustrating is the word, yes.

Stranger
10-02-2018, 11:07 AM
I know that pretty well. My 10 event souls gave me only 3* shit. What surprise. I decided to buy another 10 and I've got eight 3*, one 4* and Beast Eddie. I'd be happier with the Baroness, but I miss Beast Ed, so I'm not as frustrated as usual.

Stormseye
10-02-2018, 03:20 PM
13 souls and only a dupe Eda.

On the plus side. I have yet to lose to any builds with her. Crave ruines all her healing. Have had so many opponents get killed by her healing them.

Shaolin85london
10-02-2018, 03:47 PM
After thinking it over, limiting these new characters to heroic souls might actually make getting them easier. Other than the fact that it could be a long time before you see them, if you save your fragments you could get dozens of heroic souls or more when they show up. And since there's only 2 five star characters to get, that's like 50/50 chance. Besides, they could actually both be in the same rotation so you'll get either the Baroness or Daedalus if you're lucky to get a 5* pull.

Putting them in Heroic souls separated them from the slew of characters that swim around in normal souls, making them easier to end up getting when you save up lots of heroic fragments. Which I've been earning hundreds of by playing Gauntlet, which is like a billion times less stressful and more entertaining than the arena.

Exactly my view! I love to play Gauntlet, is much more funny than tedious and tautological arena especially these days. And yes gauntlet rewards give me a long term motivation: Daedalus whose I miss from the sacrifice event ( got Icarus myself tho). And I'm saving up thousands of heroic frags just because I want it as only toon still missing from my collection. Cheers

Olevipoeg
10-02-2018, 06:09 PM
15 souls, all 3***.

waymo
10-02-2018, 07:04 PM
I finished the event this morning. All 3* dupes! :mad:

Fudjo
10-02-2018, 08:16 PM
Exactly my view! I love to play Gauntlet, is much more funny than tedious and tautological arena especially these days. And yes gauntlet rewards give me a long term motivation: Daedalus whose I miss from the sacrifice event ( got Icarus myself tho). And I'm saving up thousands of heroic frags just because I want it as only toon still missing from my collection. Cheers

Completely agreed. If you just get to tier AAA, you'll get 8 Heroic Souls. Sure, if you're focussed on getting Iron Coins for buying Relics, the Arena is the way to go. But the new cost adjustments in the Gauntlet combined with the bundle of other stuff you get from it make it really worth it. Reaching AAA, you'll get:

2 Rare souls
2 Precious souls
2 Skill Shards
8 Heroic souls (from full souls and accumulated fragments)
3 Warrior souls
600K Gold
A full set of not-commonly-found talismans

Benjamin Breeg Eddie is in the Heroic Souls starting on October 29. Let's assume Doomsday Eddie is in the following round and Crusader Eddie in the round after that. That puts Daedalus and Baroness Redan in the Heroic souls sometime in, say, December at the earliest. That's about 5 seasons of the Gauntlet before they're in the Heroic Souls, which is 40 Heroic Souls from the Gauntlet plus whatever other Heroic Souls you get from other events. 40 Heroic Souls gives you a better chance of getting Daedalus or Baroness Redan than the event souls from their own events. And you rack up fragments for a 5-star Eddie to sacrifice. And it doesn't cost you any Ironite.

URock
10-03-2018, 09:10 AM
Event finished: 10 souls = nothing but 4+ dupes

Bought 10 souls from the store and again...nothing :mad:

dragonmat89
10-03-2018, 09:40 AM
I bought 10 and got the 10 from the even and put all into the book together and managed to get a Baroness and a single 4* dupe - can't complain.

Hailstorm
10-03-2018, 02:07 PM
Bought 10 pack with Ironite and opened 10 from the event completions... alas nuthin' good. :(

SDTull
10-03-2018, 06:07 PM
Completed all the goals and no Baroness. I did pull the Sentinel Golden Son, which is a new toon for me. So I'm not going to complain. Gauntlet was kinder though, my Heroics have dropped another Nomad and the GCR.

Fudjo
10-03-2018, 07:02 PM
Completed all the goals. No Baroness from the 10 souls but given that it's a 1.68% chance of getting a 5-star, I'm not upset. The 5 Skill Shards make me happy. I did get a new toon...sort of. I saw the advice about using an Assassin Pyro for the automatic perfect attacks buff, went to my team inventory and couldn't find an Assassin Pyro among my Level 100 toons. I got to wondering if it was a limited edition toon from a year or two ago or something and maybe missed out on it. I ended up finding one among my forgotten pile of 4-star toons waiting to be sacrificed! I must have sacrificed a bunch of 'em over the past year without realizing it. So hey, maybe not a new toon, but a new-to-me toon!

IZI
10-03-2018, 07:39 PM
All goals complete. I did not get a Baroness, but did get a Viking Eddie. The Viking is a duplicate, but will make a good sacrifice.

Symbiote
10-03-2018, 10:13 PM
Hell yeah, yesterday i got them!

10x 3* Dupes. Whooop. :D

Banished
10-04-2018, 08:22 AM
Hell yeah, yesterday i got them!

10x 3* Dupes. Whooop. :D

Whoo, the same for me today. 10x3* dupes. The sacrifice was amazing!!

kgk56
10-04-2018, 08:39 AM
After 50 souls, finally got her ... totally worth

Blade
10-04-2018, 08:54 AM
After 50 souls, finally got her ... totally worth

50 ?? Wow, thats a lot!

I'll open my 10 souls tomorrow after the event is over. This helps against the temptation to buy more souls :)

She can be really annoying in PvP, but with a good strategy and some luck you get her killing her own team, which is nice!

Mizrael
10-04-2018, 09:04 AM
[moderated]
Worked hard the whole week! bought 20 more for hardly earned 1800 ironite and all i got from 30 [moderated] souls was a magus golden son, wicker man and 28 [moderated] 3 [moderated] stars!!!

[moderated]!!!
So frustrating...

scott-5496
10-04-2018, 09:20 AM
Not bought a soul pack in a very long time now and that will continue - I have so very little luck on gambling that I decided a long time ago not to bother on these packs as I never got a single character I wanted to get in an event through them. So far I got 2 event souls in all the time I have played this game from actual events linked to that character - none from soul packs ever.

Liebhild
10-04-2018, 09:30 AM
[moderated]
Worked hard the whole week! bought 20 more for hardly earned 1800 ironite and all i got from 30 [moderated] souls was a magus golden son, wicker man and 28 [moderated] 3 [moderated] stars!!!

[moderated]!!!
So frustrating...

0,0168 * 0,41 * 30 = 0,2067

With 30 souls you only have 20% to get that toon.

I think, that they still don't write the real percent rate is against apple rules.

Writing 1,68% and 41% looks better than 0,69% ( 0,0168 * 0,41 )

Ip4
10-04-2018, 11:17 AM
first rule for this game:
never buy EVENT souls and save ironite for good events...

scott-5496
10-04-2018, 12:51 PM

Yeah, that is my view too. Spend it on events where you know you will get something. Like the fragment events before the sac event - I tend ot go for that - get lots of the event toon and then sac them.

Muzzleloader
10-04-2018, 12:56 PM
Why does 41% chance to pulled a toon look better than 0.41? They are identical. Just another reason for people to complain about a non issue.every event someone whines about the odds. Any long term player knows how the game works.

Blade
10-04-2018, 01:39 PM
Why does 41% chance to pulled a toon look better than 0.41? They are identical. Just another reason for people to complain about a non issue.every event someone whines about the odds. Any long term player knows how the game works.

I think what he meant was that 41% (= "big number"...almost 50:50) looks better than 0.69%. That's why in the BoS you have this 2 stages of percentage - first for a 5* in general (small number) but then the second one (BIG number) for the event character.

Most players have stopped to buy event souls - concluded from what I read here. I guess the majority of event pack buyers don't know this forum :)

I also completely stopped to buy these souls. I did it in the first event when the Liliths were introduced as I misread the post. I didn't get that they will be available so frequently afterwards in the fragment events. So I bought 4 packs of 10 souls and did not get one single Lilith from these. Lesson learned!

kgk56
10-04-2018, 02:50 PM
I guess the majority of event pack buyers don't know this forum :)
I know the Forum and still I buy event pack ... call Me stupid ... but this time I really wanted this toon and I don't regret it

Wyphy
10-04-2018, 03:00 PM
People are terrible with statistics.
Why do you think the lottery is so popular?
There's a higher chance you'll get hit by lightning than winning the lottery, by something like 2 orders of magnitude, yet people still waste their money.

Something I always think about when the soul odds topic comes up is that people assume that the odds for every character are equal, which we do not know is true.

Take the Rare soul with it's 1% chance for a 5*; there are 17 5* characters available in a Rare soul, 10 Eddies and 7 support.
Might be that it's a straight 5.88% chance for each character if you win the 1% lotto, but could be that there's a further 5% chance to get an Eddie and 95% chance to get support, and then it might not be an even chance within the Eddie or support pool. Granted, giving every character it's own % chance within the 5* tier goes against Occam's Razor, but different odds to get an Eddie vs support would be easy.

Precious soul : if you earn a x*, 100% chance of heart or idol
Surprise, surprise, those are the only things available at each tier. Are they really a 50% chance for each one in each tier? Seems likely, but my anecdotal results seem to favor idols over hearts.

The problem with us trying to calculate odds is that there is too much unknown, and small sample sizes.
We don't know what PRNG is used, how it's seeded, or how often it's reseeded. PRNG can be very good or total crap, and even good ones can be made to function poorly when set up wrong. Hopefully they didn't write their own, that's usually a terrible idea.
Dropping 100 souls is not a large sample size, 1000 is still a small sample size, really. The only way to really know is to test the PRNG against something like the Diehard tests.

Blade
10-04-2018, 03:08 PM
I know the Forum and still I buy event pack ... call Me stupid ... but this time I really wanted this toon and I don't regret it

No worries, I don't call you anything. Everybody here is a free man, not a number :)

Liebhild
10-04-2018, 03:51 PM

Maybe read b4 write?

Of cause 41% = 0,41 , but where did I write this???

The chance to get an event character is 0,69% ! And you see that nowhere, you have to calculate 1st.

Rigo
10-04-2018, 04:03 PM

i did make mistake too. lose ~1500 ironide.

Deathbat6120
10-04-2018, 04:54 PM

100% agree. I'll only ever spend Ironite on souls if something like Krampus, Coalgiver or The Beast pops up, but other than that, I'm saving Ironite for the better events. Never spending money either, I'd much rather wait forever but finally pull one out of the blue rather than spend money and receive nothing. Feels more earned that way, but that's just me.

Rain88
10-04-2018, 08:24 PM
Too many numbers and statistics in here...

Yup
10-04-2018, 10:08 PM
Bought 6 souls at the start.. then a couple more here or there as I had the ironite... total of about 9 souls "purchased" maybe ... nuthin but 3 stars...

Wasn't really "grinding" the event. Running 1 full SOT daily and playing PvP (Good that even PvP counted towards event achievements, keep that up Devs).

Ended up completing 3 of the event achievements for another 5 souls.... 3 star, 3 star, 4 star, 3 star, Baroness... left with 100 frags. So, yeah the very LAST soul dropped her.