PDA

View Full Version : Pharaoh dogs

Aristo4
08-25-2016, 08:09 PM
The simple pharaoh dog on 4* has carried me everywhere in the game so far... but now I wonder if I should invest on the Pharaoh Dog King I got
yesterday on 5*.

Anyone who has them both if you could spare an opinion? Given that he's there for the occasional healing I wonder if the king's passive healing works
better than the simple one's healing move (6 powers)

If hes not that worth it I will simply sell him and focus on the other lot I got to upgrade :P

Kardas
08-26-2016, 07:11 AM
You know, I had just the opposite problem, as I got a Pharaoh Dog soon after I got a PDK. I did use the normal Pharaoh Dog to round out my team in the Warrior Time Rift, where he was pretty handy.

I'd say it comes down to what your team is like. PDK is best on a team with a lot of magic damage (Magic Charge + Carriage Rider Eddie's Fury is hilariously powerful). I find PDK's heal to be a bit unremarkable (may work better if you have a very tanky team), but the random Cleanse can get you out of some tight scrapes.

PDK hits like a truck though, and through my playthroughs of Battlefield Madness and Underworld Hard, he never died (partially because everyone gangs up on my Magus Allied Soldier, but hey).

He works decently with Soldier Eddie though, as SE can do the real healing.

He is 5* though, and that will save you a lot of time in grinding for 3* evo shards

My current team is PDK, Soldier Eddie and Magus Allied Soldier BTW, but I hope to go over to Mummy Eddie once his Talismans are 5* (or Carriage Rider, if I ever get him)

Gonzo
08-26-2016, 10:23 AM
To be honest. I very much prefer Pharaoh Dog over PDK.

The only thing PDK offers is a cleanse debuff. His damage is not good and her heal is incredibly underwhelming for now. Maybe he'll be better in the future if another talisman slot is opened in characters.

His heal does not negate any damage, and in order for it to be good you need super tanky characters, the irony is that if you have super tanky characters you don't need that healing.

Pharaoh dog on the other hand, has an amazing 3 turn healing, and the only difference between him and the PDK is that this last one has more DEF and M.Resist.

I, personally think that those abilities should be swapped, for a 5*, the PDK is pretty useless.

Aristo4
08-26-2016, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I tend to agree with Gonzo here, not impressed with PDK so far (he's only level 33 now though).For the time being only use PDK to level him without spending anything on it using the set of talismans I had on the Dog.

Kardas, I don't know what my team is like...its more of a pile of some good guys but no specific purpose for a team.

Carriage 5*
Cyborg 5*
Child Of The Damned 5*
Blue Allied Soldier 5*
Pharaoh Dog King 5*
Pharaoh Dog 4*
Newborn Of Light (gunner) 4*
Angel Of Fear (warrior) 4*

Just taking the 2 eddies, one of the 2 pharaohs and the allied soldier and whatever happens in battle happens :P

aur0ra85
08-26-2016, 02:42 PM
Fantastic characters. The red bat goes amazing with soldier Eddie FYI. Not sure what colour your child of the damned is, but if he's the red one, I'd prob rock soldier Eddie, and the red bat. It's a great farming team for auto, big time saver. The extra turns they trigger are money.

Aristo4
08-26-2016, 02:59 PM
Fantastic characters. The red bat goes amazing with soldier Eddie FYI. Not sure what colour your child of the damned is, but if he's the red one, I'd prob rock soldier Eddie, and the red bat. It's a great farming team for auto, big time saver. The extra turns they trigger are money.

the child is a warrior indeed, and the bat just got it and I'm short of talismans + cant evolve my current ones, but i'll get there eventually

Have no soldier eddie

aur0ra85
08-26-2016, 03:11 PM
Well I'm sure cyborg would be able to slot into that party. It's been a while since I used him tho and can't remember his stats. You've got a great blue party too with both dogs, CR, and the blue allied soldier ->probably even better for rifts/bosses than the all red party.
I feel like pharaoh dog and PDK are personal choices if you can only use one, the PDK is a boss killer with his passive and charge ability, and the healing in between rounds works great with the blue allied soldier God to negate incoming. Pharaoh dog is by far the better healer, but you've already got one of those with CR Eddie.
Blue teams for me at least, don't seem to be about heavy damage, more like buffs/debuffs and healing/negating damage and negative effects. All great characters.

Kardas
08-29-2016, 09:31 PM
I've decided to look into PDK's healing ability and did some math while I was grinding Underworld.

His Alchemy 'heals allies based on their HP every round'. This seems appears to be a constant number regardless of your team's HP levels.

With a measly 3 characters tested, the HP healed per turn varied between 4.75-5.11%

For reference, this is less than the Leftovers held item in the Pokemon games, which heals for 1/16th of HP, or 6.25%

Aristo4
08-29-2016, 09:35 PM
I've decided to look into PDK's healing ability and did some math while I was grinding Underworld.

His Alchemy 'heals allies based on their HP every round'. This seems appears to be a constant number regardless of your team's HP levels.

With a measly 3 characters tested, the HP healed per turn varied between 4.75-5.11%

For reference, this is less than the Leftovers held item in the Pokemon games, which heals for 1/16th of HP, or 6.25%

Don't like the healing either, just leveling it to 100 to park it in my inventory later :cool:
The magic charge is cool though

aur0ra85
08-30-2016, 02:04 AM
He's not a healer, and his talismans are prob the same as the regular dog. I wouldn't recommend selling any five star char.

Ddrak
08-31-2016, 01:48 PM
I have both, i maxed the dog (80 - 4*) then found the PDK, made the switch and never went back.
I completed the game with 4*Soldier Eddie, PDK and (of course) the magus 4*Allied Soldier (to be precise I got the last skulls just after Eddie and the Allied soldier got their 5th star)

The healing power of the PDK isn't great, true, but it is golden when you have to complete a level with only basic skill or when you are slowly turtling your way to victory and every power points is needed to keep the shield on.
The debuff removal is very good and saved me lots of times, the damage is good and the king is really hard to hurt (HUGE DEF and MDEF).
On him I thing the best talismans are paladin and health but maybe a void trio could be useful.

Aristo4
08-31-2016, 03:06 PM
Slowly changing my mind after using him for almost a week now...maybe cause I don't need the healing so much (or at all) anymore,and loving the magic charge on my magus based team

Vaseodin
08-31-2016, 04:19 PM
I find both to be pretty good. The Pharaoh dog, although a better character in mid-game, is still very useful in certain teams. The PDK fits better with more end-game teams. They have different uses and comparing them is like comparing 2 unrelated characters. Both are great in their own way.

Demoonchild
08-31-2016, 06:47 PM
My PDK still has wings... :P

Aristo4
08-31-2016, 07:25 PM
I need those wings goddamit,mine never had any.

Keiji86Maeda
08-31-2016, 11:46 PM
PDK healing is great when it comes to a stage of attrition. When the enemies keep putting up defensive abilities slowing the progress of battle and inflicting annoying debuffs on you. The heals aren't significant but over a couple rounds its noticeable and its not a strain on your Power. The random debuff heal is also great.

I got a regular Pharaoh Dog quite awhile after I had raised my 5*PDK. I have a trooper with a PD and in testing I didn't find him better than my other characters I had already raised with healing abilities such as my Hellhound. Which BTW I think is a superior healer overall. His heal is based on his ATK stat and his attack has a 50% of buffing the team attack already.

But ultimately it comes down to what are your other characters? PD and PDK are both great for Warrior Time Rift. In a Magus based team one can be a healer and the other a damage buffer. Its worth it to keep one of each. Expanding your character slots is just 1 ironite and 1500 gold. don't be cheap just expand.