PDA

View Full Version : Shell Talismans

Zugzwang
10-05-2018, 03:30 PM
Are Shell Talismans worth keeping? The description on the equip screen simply states that the wearer receives a 'damage reduction shield for 1 turn at the start of battle'. The in-battle screen shows it's a reduction of all damage by 50% for one turn. Is this worth using?

I have limited space for talismans and I'm also a minimalist when it comes to talismans. That's to say I'd rather wait to find the higher tier talismans than have ordinary, run-of-the-mill, common talismans. Are Shell Talismans considered rare or useful in any way to anyone? 50% of all damage seems ok but are there specific characters that benefit more from this? Other shields seem better on paper.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Tim28213
10-05-2018, 05:09 PM
I personally think they are. For some characters a little damage reduction for only 2 talisman slots is enough to keep the character alive through the first turn if you don't win the coin toss.

Cefiar
10-05-2018, 10:21 PM
They're also sometimes a good pair with Destiny talismans. Allows the Destiny talis to build up effects without taking quite so much damage at the start.

WastingYears81
10-05-2018, 10:29 PM
I tend to use them quite a bit - maybe not in PvP but in guantlet. For a 2 slot talisman I feel it helps quite a bit. See them as medium rare (BNW mid to high levels).

Stormseye
10-05-2018, 10:36 PM
I use them mostly with 4 set talismans. I like the HP boost and if I can survive a round that is usually all I need to make my attack and gain the upper hand.

rags-6094
10-05-2018, 10:38 PM
Hi Stormseye have you got a full inbox? Tried to send you something but no response....:(

Stormseye
10-05-2018, 11:13 PM
Just cleaned and received yours...incoming!

Fudjo
10-05-2018, 11:20 PM
Generally speaking, I prefer Guard talismans over Shell talismans when it comes to the green ones. However, being a 2-set, they fit in sometimes when Guard doesn't. A pair of Immunity, a pair of Shell, and a pair of something else is a reasonable package.