PDA

View Full Version : Arena more difficult

Deano82
10-05-2018, 05:58 PM
Is it just me or has the arena got more difficult recently? I used to easily make the top 100 but lately I am struggling. Seems to be a lot more teams out there with more powerful talismans

Icarus
10-05-2018, 06:42 PM
Now in Duelist III you can find a lot of teams with Osiris, Clansmans and Prisoners; no matter the level, lol.
Since new characters are being released in the last events now everyone has a chance in the arena, that's the positive thing.
Now the negative thing is that the incoming op characters will be exclusive, so we'll get back to the old days in some future characters release.

Everything balanced, as it should be... for them.

Zugzwang
10-07-2018, 03:38 PM
I’ve never been really competitive in the arena but I used to win more than I lost. Lately it’s about 50/50 even though I’ve still been getting relics. The relics take longer to get now but maybe others have been getting more relics faster. I’m not sure but I definitely notice I’ve lost a lot more in the last week or two even though I still change between my fully sharded Eddie’s and allies regularly. Makes getting iron coins and buying relics harder while those that win more will get them faster. Oh well. I guess eventually we will all have them if we keep playing.

Zugzwang
10-08-2018, 03:14 AM
Update: something has definitely changed in the arena. My defense used to lose about 8 or 9 of 10 battles but as of the last few days I see it has been winning what seems like about half—same as my offense team. It’s very weird. I have not changed anything really. I haven’t checked the percentages but I’m seeing strings of victories for my defense when there would be maybe 1 or 2 before. I’m not complaining just noticing it.

rags-6094
10-08-2018, 04:45 AM
Hmmm after the last update I spent a fair bit of time in the arena (last week) bettering my position, I usually fight teams in the top 50 to 100 best guess.
I have screen shot proof I won 60 battles in a row, that had never happened before, previous best was maybe 30 odd in a row, at that point I walked away for a while. When I returned I continued to win another 40 odd battles before I was finally cut down by last weeks winner. Since then my attack is way down maybe 75%.
Something definitely changed, I think part of it is to with troopers changing their defence outfits and the accumulation of relics but none of this should make that much difference, I can only guess that everyone is accumulating relics the same way I am.
I think change is in the wind again, you might be able to get away with the same defence or attack team for a fortnight maybe even push a month but after that everyone should be serious about an update or get left behind.

I've been mucking around with different defence/attack outfits and have settled on a new line up, Hallowed Eddie is the new best thing since his tweak in the last update, might not work every time but definitely worth looking into to stay competitive.

Zugzwang
10-08-2018, 09:26 AM
All I know is I see Doomsday Eddie in 90% of teams I face just like I saw Iron Eddie before. DD should be nerfed based on that alone. Maybe he’s not OP maybe he is but just to keep him from being everyone’s choice ya know? It gets boring seeing him.

scott-5496
10-08-2018, 09:32 AM
It is getting tougher and certainly more losses to lower level players - not lots but more than I ever used to get. It is the way the game is going and i guess needs to go as the devs approach will be working for thewm and it needs to. Again, just a chnage in the game dynamics and this has to happen in my view. They focused on new bllod in the tour and the puch on FB adverts - I get loads of them every day so other must too. Someone has been working extra hard to push adverts out and I am sure it has been working - seems to be a lot of new folk. My kids are mid level - they do not play lots but enough and I have noticed that picking up random new troopers is really quick now but a few mothns ago no one wanted to be troopers with my kids teams - not so now.

I am facing a lot more team at reset - lower donw maybe in the 300-500 area and they have strong character team but not so strong tallies and relics - often very few relics to be honest so they are an easy win - but there are a few that cause a challenge - one guy had a team of three Icarus - there cannot be many folk with three of them. I have seen my kids face very strong teams too but are maybe only level 30 or less.

I just think it needs to happen for the game and we just have to live with it - fo rme me that is fine. One or two more losses is no big deal though it can be furtrating to face a non level 100 player and get owned in two rounds and barely get a move off. It's fine though when you look at it all - it needs to happen.

Also saw an advert for the Legacy tour part 2 so maybe even more of a push - maybe it has been a success or maybe coincidence that Maiden will do a festival tour next year to re use the set, which was amazing.