PDA

View Full Version : Nyctophobia Eddie

Zugzwang
10-08-2018, 06:03 PM
With Halloween approaching I think the devs should temporarily buff and OP fear of the dark Eddie in the spirit of he holiday. Just for maybe a week. Anyone else agree? Would be fun to see Halloween teams in PVP.

edsel
10-08-2018, 11:52 PM
With Halloween approaching I think the devs should temporarily buff and OP fear of the dark Eddie in the spirit of he holiday. Just for maybe a week. Anyone else agree? Would be fun to see Halloween teams in PVP.

I recall a Slauki post about a Halloween environment battle world used when FOTD Eddie arrived. There was some bug allowing a power or buff to work wrong (so what right?) and they scrapped it ever since then. Any old timers remember playing this?

infinite dreamer
10-08-2018, 11:56 PM
It reminded me of a reworked board from the Ailing Kingdom. Pumpkin enemies. FOTD Eddie as a boss I think.

druid138
10-09-2018, 12:00 AM
Yes, I remember. It was really cool. Given the treatment of Temple of Set, my fingers are crossed that more temporary worlds will be feasible going forward.

Zugzwang
10-09-2018, 11:24 AM
I do remember the Halloween decked out Ailing Kingdom but it was so long ago I don’t remember any bugs. I was new to this type of game so I wouldn’t have noticed anyway.

scott-5496
10-09-2018, 01:13 PM
Think it was Ailing Kingdom based as others have said - lots of different toons to battle - pumpkins and the like- it was nothing majorly new or inspired but it was different and was just temporary.

Blade
10-09-2018, 01:51 PM
The video about the glitch is still online: click here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQzbzWwRD0Q)

Around 5:00 the Halloween Level starts

Zugzwang
10-10-2018, 12:33 AM
Hmmm. Maybe Final Frontier Eddie will be the new Halloween addition to the Book of Souls. On an unrelated note, remember when the rescuers and droids came out fir use a bit before Brave new world was released? I feel like trickster, hellraiser and chopper may have been meant for night city but then it was scrapped because it’s been so long. Anyone think these could still be the characters we face in night city at this point?

Anyway back to Halloween. Instead of pumpkins maybe vampires or ghosts or some other fodder we could crush for immense rewards would be nice. If they just make FOTD Eddie super powerful for a week it would be enough for us to use him in the arena. Otherwise it’s DD Eddie if ya have him. He’s even worse than Iron eddie. Wish I had DD Ed. He’s tough and versatile.

thealchemist
10-10-2018, 01:06 AM
Hmmm. Maybe Final Frontier Eddie will be the new Halloween addition to the Book of Souls. On an unrelated note, remember when the rescuers and droids came out fir use a bit before Brave new world was released? I feel like trickster, hellraiser and chopper may have been meant for night city but then it was scrapped because it’s been so long. Anyone think these could still be the characters we face in night city at this point?

Anyway back to Halloween. Instead of pumpkins maybe vampires or ghosts or some other fodder we could crush for immense rewards would be nice. If they just make FOTD Eddie super powerful for a week it would be enough for us to use him in the arena. Otherwise it’s DD Eddie if ya have him. He’s even worse than Iron eddie. Wish I had DD Ed. He’s tough and versatile.

The tricksters, choppers and hellraisers are meant to be in the Silent Planet dungeon whenever that becomes available, as I remember them being referred to as the "demons of creation" during their release.

And seeing how the 5th? event for this month is a lyric from Phantom of the Opera I am guessing the new Eddie would be based on that. Night City has been promised before the years out so I guess it is getting close. Final Frontier could be next years Halloween themed Eddie as it will probably be another year before Silent planet becomes available...

I still use FotD Eddie a bit (not sure for how much longer with the shift the game is going through) so I'd be okay if he got a temporary buff but I can't see it happening myself.

HuckFinn150
10-11-2018, 10:54 AM
I love FOTD and use him daily. I find that with echo talismans he's pretty good. It gives him enough hits to make a real dent in many battles. I bounce between him and DD. I can't wait to see the silent planet and night city. We need desperately new worlds much more than we need the new toon of the week.