PDA

View Full Version : Character Fragment Event, featuring the DEBUT Sentinel Troll

Leviathan
10-09-2018, 12:02 AM
Crush the Lord of Light for Soul Fragments to earn a guaranteed 4★ character!

From now until October 11th, 5 PM PT, each battle in the Lord of Light dungeons has a chance of dropping Troll Soul Fragments. Collect 200 and you can redeem them in the Book of Souls’ Fragments screen for your very own 4★ Sentinel Troll!

The Sentinel Troll joins the cast as a new 4★ Sentinel in Legacy of the Beast. This beastly support unit full heals and grants immunity to any ally inflicted with permadeath. He also does multi-target magic damage that grants a Random Offensive effect and Increased Accuracy to allies, while removing beneficial effects and inflicting Smite, Curse, or Ignite on enemies. As a bonus, all of his attacks prevent slept targets from being awoken when he hits them, making him a great ally to pair with characters that inflict Sleep and Perfect Sleep.

Normally, when the fragments drop, you’ll earn 5 or 10 fragments, but if you’re lucky, you could earn 50 fragments from one battle, so don’t be afraid of that 200 requirement! Additionally, you can earn as many Troll Souls as you can collect the fragments for, so feel free to grab some extras for your next big Sacrifice!

SPECIAL EVENT ADDITIONS: For the duration of this event, the Lord of Light dungeons also have the following changes:

Lilith Soul Fragments are available from all floors of the Lord of Light dungeons! Lilith Soul Fragments are a recurring fragment that is periodically featured in events, and may require you to collect them from multiple events in order to have enough to redeem a soul. Collect 500 for a guaranteed 5★ Lilith!
All Lord of Light dungeons will also have a 3x chance of dropping Rare Souls! Don’t miss out on this opportunity to get more Rare Souls while getting your guaranteed 4★ character!

Finally, we have a few deals available in the store to help with getting and gearing up a Troll:

Get a FREE 10 Troll Soul Fragments to start you off!
Grab the “Sentinel Experience Pack”! This provides Ironite to help farm more fragments, a bit of gold, 5★ XP Shards, and Skill Shards to power up a new Troll!
Various talisman packs are also available that work well with an Troll, including Predator Talismans and the debut Sustaining Talismans!

Sustaining Talismans are green talismans with a 2 set effect that is not available anywhere else! Equip a full set to Heal all allies for 3% of MAX HP every turn. These talismans will also heal for an additional 3% for every Beneficial Effect currently on you.

Predator Talismans are blue talismans with a 2 set effect. Equip a full set to have a chance to inflict Smite when you do a perfect basic attack, and do additional damage to Smited enemies!

Please note that after the conclusion of this event, collecting more Troll Soul Fragments will not be possible, but any extras you have can be converted to Precious Soul Fragments. Additionally, this character is not available in any other souls, so if you miss your chance to recruit him, it may be a very long time until you get another chance!

Amarthir
10-09-2018, 12:45 AM
Sustaining Talismans + Destiny Talismans? Wow-wee that sounds busted. Count me in.

Also, the Sentinel Troll sounds like a pretty good character, GG.

I find that equipping them on Edward the Great is a fantastic combo. He will continually gain and extend buffs from the Destiny Talismans and eventually he'll just be untouchable, and he's massively healing the team because of all the buffs he has.

Something tells me it's time to bring out a silver heal block effect because damn..

Cefiar
10-09-2018, 06:11 AM
Stats @ lvl 100
HP 9255, ATK 228, DEF 436, MAGIC 751, MR 430, SPECIAL 398.

Skills
Basic: Mounting Dread - 3 hits Magic damage to all enemies. Grant a Random Offensive Effect to self & Random ally for 2 turns. 35% chance to grant Increased Accuracy to all allies for 2 turns. 35% chance for an Extra Turn. Attack will not wake enemies inflicted with Sleep. Shards: 4, Dmg +15%, Dmg +20%, Dmg +25%, Dmg +25%
Power: Touch Of Evil - 3 hits Magic damage to all enemies. Remove 1 Golden Effect from all enemies. Inflict Curse, Smite or Ignite on each enemy for 2 turns. 25% chance for an Extra Turn. Attack will not wake enemies inflicted with Sleep. Shards: 4, Dmg +15%, Dmg +20%, Dmg +25%, Dmg +25%
Passive: Full Heal and grant Immunity to any ally inflicted with Permadeath at the start of your turn.

dragonmat89
10-09-2018, 07:45 AM
Just a note: when I loaded the game this morning (06.30 UK time, about 2 hours ago) I spent about 200 SoT on LoL and didn't get any fragments; either Troll or Lilith. I checked the store and there were still the Iron Eddie power up packs available, no Troll items at all. I restarted the game and the Troll items appeared in the store and I was suddenly able to get fragments (85 Troll and about 30 Lilith from 60 SoT), so check the store to see if your game is up to date before spending all your SoT for no fragments!

desprezo
10-09-2018, 10:35 AM
Just a note: when I loaded the game this morning (06.30 UK time, about 2 hours ago) I spent about 200 SoT on LoL and didn't get any fragments; either Troll or Lilith. I checked the store and there were still the Iron Eddie power up packs available, no Troll items at all. I restarted the game and the Troll items appeared in the store and I was suddenly able to get fragments (85 Troll and about 30 Lilith from 60 SoT), so check the store to see if your game is up to date before spending all your SoT for no fragments!

Same happened to me, loaded the game at 5am GMT, went to sleep, no frags until I restarted the game...

Ip4
10-09-2018, 11:44 AM
500 SoT = 310 Troll fragments ,4 rare souls and 100 Lilith fragments

LOL LV10

Patrice-1201
10-09-2018, 12:35 PM
Same happened to me, loaded the game at 5am GMT, went to sleep, no frags until I restarted the game...

I actually restart the game everyday at Reset ;-)

Blade
10-09-2018, 12:42 PM
I actually restart the game everyday at Reset ;-)

...plus "force quit" and at least before a new event starts I clear the cache. I recommend this as the default routine.

Wyphy
10-09-2018, 12:54 PM
I exit the game every time I play. Takes longer to start, but seems the only way I can reliably log all trooper badges received.
Yeah, I have a spreadsheet log with every badge received every day; I know exactly who the slackers are.

Blade
10-09-2018, 12:54 PM
Sustaining Talismans are green talismans with a 2 set effect that is not available anywhere else! Equip a full set to Heal all allies for 3% of MAX HP every turn. These talismans will also heal for an additional 3% for every Beneficial Effect currently on you.

I just read this. I hope no reasonable player buys these things. This constant introduction of talismans with exaggerated influence on general game mechanics exclusively for real money must stop! This is pure poison for the game fun and the already bad balance in the game. The list of unavailable talismans is already incredibly long. Question to the developers: When will all these be available in BNW, Night City and / or Silent Planet?

scott-5496
10-09-2018, 01:20 PM
Buy or dont buy it is each persons choice I guess. No one forces us to buy anything in this game or any others I play. It has to continue this way or how else does the game continue. Money has to be made to pay wages so they have to do this - what else will folk buy a lot of? I do buy the monthly ironite pack every now and again and also the odd tally pack like this one (not got it yet). I feel that I need to buy some some stuff sometimes as my contribution to keeping the NF lights on - lots dont I am sure and that is up to them of course. But if they make nothing there is no game as Rod will shut the doors I am sure.

dragonmat89
10-09-2018, 02:21 PM
I exit the game every time I play. Takes longer to start, but seems the only way I can reliably log all trooper badges received.
Yeah, I have a spreadsheet log with every badge received every day; I know exactly who the slackers are.

I force quit every time too, although that's because my phone struggles to do anything else if I keep the game running in background :P Having said that, the issue I mentioned this morning was following a fresh load after I force quitting last night when I stopped playing...

Blade
10-09-2018, 02:26 PM
Allow me to quote Sick from his Sacrifice god thread:

"I already deleted the app again. Everything I loved about the game in the beginning is gone. P2W is not what I am looking for."

I used to buy an Ironite package from time to time. As a donation and as a contribution for the work and the very good game. Also back then there were the event soul packages. Also back then Talismans were offered for real money from time to time. With the difference that sooner or later they were available elsewhere. The purchase aspect is important and essential. Most of the money is probably earned with the event souls.
Talismans for real money were meant for people who wanted an immediate advantage. Meanwhile there are many things either for money or not at all. This paradigm shift is total crap in my eyes and should not be supported. I still love the game. Nevertheless, it used to be way better when strategy was even more important than money. There are still endless possibilities of strategies, combinations. Action and reaction. Everyone had the same prerequisites and it was all about making the best of it. That's what distinguished this game. Iron Maiden isn't a "normal" band, so their game shouldn't be a "normal" freemium game either. Already simply because the average age of the players here should not be the "normal" mobile gaming average.
The focus on the "big whales" is in my eyes the wrong way. Almost all offers in the shop are exorbitantly overpriced. I haven't bought anything for a long time because I don't like these decisions. I don't think I'm the only one. If the money is not enough, perhaps a reorientation must take place. I stop writing here, the longer the contribution, the less people read it :)

Yup
10-09-2018, 02:57 PM
It is NOT a "game" it's a money pit or, if you don't spend, it's a lesson in what spending COULD mean.

While I haven't deleted the game. I'm not investing another red cent. It's a time waster for me, nothing more... as engaging and Diamond Digger or Candy Crush... not worth anything more. The shift to spend or go without is HORRIBLE. I can think of few other "games" that employ that tactic. Yes make things more difficult without spending, but to simply not offer things without real money... is ridiculous.

Muzzleloader
10-09-2018, 03:40 PM
I dont see a problem with having somethings purchase only. If you have the cash and want an advantage better off for you. What is the difference in purchasing talisman or ironite. You can buy ironite to play more arena to earn more iron coins to buy relics to get an advantage. Some buy ironite to participate in events to try and earn an advantage, such as rewards, characters to sacrifice or even talisman.

It is true if you are not a long time player or spend real money you wont be at the top of the game. That's life some have advantages given to them, some earn it or others take what life offers.

Stormseye
10-09-2018, 04:28 PM
900 SoT
7 Rare Souls
555 Troll Shards
95 Lillith Frags
Level VII LoL exclusively

Maybe they increased the Lillith drops are X? Anyone with input?

edsel
10-09-2018, 04:34 PM
900 SoT
7 Rare Souls
555 Troll Shards
95 Lillith Frags
Level VII LoL exclusively

Maybe they increased the Lillith drops are X? Anyone with input?

X only. Seems more fragment this time for sure. 1140 troll, 400 lilith, 7 rare from running all day since 6am Florida time today. About 6 hours, spent much ironite on mega refills and a few thousand sot currently burning..

Deathbat6120
10-09-2018, 04:44 PM
Odd. 400 SOT, 225 Troll Frags and 25 Lilith. Running on X. Though I did get 2 Rare Souls, but that doesn't exactly cover it.

Stormseye
10-09-2018, 04:56 PM
The Talisman Combo pack comes with 3 Sustaining , 2 Predator but the Sustaining Talisman pack comes with 2. Is it a 2 set or 3 set and if 2 why add a third one? in the Combo pack?

Just bought the Sustaining pack and it came with 3 Talismans....

URock
10-09-2018, 07:51 PM
Sustaining is only the "Mystical" right? They want us to spend money on them and next time we can get all 3 versions free...lol

Shaolin85london
10-09-2018, 08:06 PM
Sustaining is only the "Mystical" right? They want us to spend money on them and next time we can get all 3 versions free...lol

No, is 2x set ward.

URock
10-09-2018, 08:13 PM
The German translation says "Mystical"

Shaolin85london
10-09-2018, 08:17 PM
The German translation says "Mystical"

Trying to show the set maxed out

edsel
10-09-2018, 10:37 PM
12 hours autofarm lol x gave 805 lilith and over 2200 troll frags +12 rare and many 99common stacks. Seems to have loosened drop rates this event.

druid138
10-09-2018, 10:39 PM
34 SoT fills so far (all Floor X):

485 Lilith frags
1,395 Troll frags
12 Rare Souls

These results seem pretty in line with prior events. It seems that Lilith frags are calibrated to give one Lilith every 33-34 SoT fills, or 1000 Ironite, ignoring normal SoT accumulations.

Zugzwang
10-10-2018, 12:40 AM
This event doesn’t seem that interesting. The Lilith fragments are always useful to get one for sacrificing but the troll doesn’t interest me much. I got enough for one and converted the rest. On to Brave new World to try to get talisman evo material. You need 6 talismans for each character and I’m not even close to having enough maxed talismans to cover half my team.

druid138
10-10-2018, 12:43 AM
This event doesn’t seem that interesting. The Lilith fragments are always useful to get one for sacrificing but the troll doesn’t interest me much. I got enough for one and converted the rest. On to Brave new World to try to get talisman evo material. You need 6 talismans for each character and I’m not even close to having enough maxed talismans to cover half my team.

Kinda off-topic, but the recent tuning adjustments to BNW (SoT cost and talisman drop rate) are outstanding. Even if you just want leveling materials, farming Floor X gives an incredible return on Ironite now.

My normal farming routine has changed from 100% Powerslave to only running Troopers through Powerslave, and then using all remaining SoT in BNW X.

thealchemist
10-10-2018, 01:22 AM
I haven't been able to log in for the past hour or so. Anyone else having trouble?

Fudjo
10-10-2018, 01:33 AM
Took me a little while to get in, like 30min or so. I eventually got in.

Zugzwang
10-10-2018, 01:44 AM
I was in earlier no problem. Just got back in now.

thealchemist
10-10-2018, 01:53 AM
Its taken a while but I finally got back in. All my resources like SoT, ironite, Gold etc are showing as 0 which is weird but I'm doing a run in LOL right now so just a glitch I think (and sure hope so!).

Amarthir
10-10-2018, 02:21 AM
Couple of hours ago I got forced out of the game due to new game data, but the bar is just, stuck at like a fourth of the way.

rags-6094
10-10-2018, 02:27 AM
I had the same thing happen, I had to close the game four times before it finally loaded to the finish, damn it's a big download!
Funny thing is nothing looks any different from what I've seen so far and I can't see anything from the Devs on this download or what it contains... in the forums..

thealchemist
10-10-2018, 02:51 AM
Its taken a while but I finally got back in. All my resources like SoT, ironite, Gold etc are showing as 0 which is weird but I'm doing a run in LOL right now so just a glitch I think (and sure hope so!).

I can play the game and purchase SoT with ironite but there is no timer for my SoW, SoT, all gold, trooper points, ironite, iron coins, frontier coins, all showing zero :/

I might have to keep a written record during this event of how much ironite I spend or otherwise I could easily lose track....

rags-6094
10-10-2018, 03:14 AM
Yesterday I fully sharded my Sentinel Troll and tried him out in the arena, true as it says the Trolls power move removed a gold item on each member of the opposing team.
Today I'm farming LOL Magis with the same troll, Prisoner, POM and SCR.
Prisoner to cancel passive on Golden Sons reviving, and I thought Lord of light ghosting but I think the prisoners passive has ended by the time the showdown with Lord of light comes round. But why doesn't the Trolls power move remove the ghost gold buff and kill the Lord of Light?

thealchemist
10-10-2018, 03:19 AM
Yesterday I fully sharded my Sentinel Troll and tried him out in the arena, true as it says the Trolls power move removed a gold item on each member of the opposing team.
Today I'm farming LOL Magis with the same troll, Prisoner, POM and SCR.
Prisoner to cancel passive on Golden Sons reviving, and I thought Lord of light ghosting but I think the prisoners passive has ended by the time the showdown with Lord of light comes round. But why doesn't the Trolls power move remove the ghost gold buff and kill the Lord of Light?

Pretty sure the description is it can only be removed by permadeath and states that it cannot be stolen or removed. its not a normal golden "buff" in that regard.

rags-6094
10-10-2018, 03:32 AM
Yeah I understand what your saying but Valor talisman laden characters can remove it in the arena and kill the ghosted character immediately. And also how many golden buffs say they can't be stolen or removed and we know that simply isn't the case...

Yup
10-10-2018, 04:22 AM
Ghost can both be stolen and removed --

Alex Ed steals it all the time, active or inactive...

Permadeath, PoM, Valor, Asset, etc all remove it if it's inactive and hasn't fired yet.
If it is active, then these character remove it causing the character to die.

The description is incorrect.

I haven't tested the S Troll enough to know for certain how he reacts to Ghost.

thealchemist
10-10-2018, 04:42 AM
Well I think the description was initially correct when the skill was probably first introduced. But with the meta having changed so much and new beneficial effects (like perfect immunity/immortality/health, etc) and characters with new skills being added has now made the description blurred to say the least. I don't have a full set of valor so I don't know about them but outside of permadeath and particular characters with the ability to remove Ghost, its still meant to be considered unremoveable by characters that have a skill stating they can remove a golden buff as far as I know. So I wouldn't have expected the troll to remove it myself. You can never rule out bugs either in this game.
Clarification from one of the devs would be nice at some point.

I've tended to deal with it using blocking beneficial effects/permadeath in the LOL dungeon.

Yup
10-10-2018, 06:26 AM
Okay.. yeah seems there may be a new a bug with Ghost ..

Just spent 5 minutes watching PoM Eddie's fury remove Ghost from LOL M Lord (level X), and it pops right back on for 3 more turns. Happened over and over and over and over. You could see the buffs swap out.... one dropped off, the other popped on immediately, essentially giving 3 more turns every time PoM removed the buff.

thealchemist
10-10-2018, 07:01 AM
Okay.. yeah seems there may be a new a bug with Ghost ..

Just spent 5 minutes watching PoM Eddie's fury remove Ghost from LOL M Lord (level X), and it pops right back on for 3 more turns. Happened over and over and over and over. You could see the buffs swap out.... one dropped off, the other popped on immediately, essentially giving 3 more turns every time PoM removed the buff.

I replaced my FotD eddie with PoM to see if this is indeed the case and sure enough, 1 turn left of Ghost, PoM Eddie's fury removed it and it comes back but this time with 3 turns. Now as to why this is happening, well over to you Devs...

kgk56
10-10-2018, 08:10 AM
I mentioned this bug last week

https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10827-POM-Eddie-Fury-relaunch-Ghost-Ability-on-Magus-LOL-X

Lthepostman
10-10-2018, 04:35 PM
More or less the same thing happened to me but with magus corrupted droid. His passive granting him resistance when HP reaches 1 made him immortal, no matter how many times I stoled or removed the buff. I eventually managed to kill him with doom cause I had no perfect death in my team.

Cefiar
10-10-2018, 10:06 PM
Leviathan mentioned that they're aware of the PoM fury bug and working on it in this post: https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10847-Invincible-Magus-Corrupt-Droid-in-the-Arena&p=83897&viewfull=1#post83897

Seems they did a hot fix server side that should have fixed the Magus Corrupt Droid issue.

Alvorada
10-10-2018, 10:59 PM
1500 ironite used, witch means 25% more than last fragment event at all.

that gaves me:
860 lilith frags (70 less)
13 troll souls (3 more)
1200 common sous (400 more)
19 rare souls (around 5 less)

Considering the increased amount of ironite spent, my perception is a relevant decrease of drop rate.

URock
10-11-2018, 09:59 AM
I bought the Sustaining Set Talismans and I got 3 of them...but we only need 2 of them. What's behind this?

scott-5496
10-11-2018, 10:06 AM
I think these are three set, not two - they got the description messed up I think. One says two and the other says three.

URock
10-11-2018, 10:13 AM
I think these are three set, not two - they got the description messed up I think. One says two and the other says three.

No! 2 of them are working as a 2-set.

scott-5496
10-11-2018, 10:34 AM
Oh OK, not checked then out to be honest but thought it was odd that they were a three pack yet the description says 2 set.

madmanmeyer74
10-11-2018, 02:50 PM
Oh OK, not checked then out to be honest but thought it was odd that they were a three pack yet the description says 2 set.

They are definitely a 2 talisman set however both purchase packages have 3 in them. So, if you buy both the combo pack and the sustaining talisman pack, you get a total of 3 sets.

Blade
10-11-2018, 03:05 PM
They are definitely a 2 talisman set however both purchase packages have 3 in them. So, if you buy both the combo pack and the sustaining talisman pack, you get a total of 3 sets.

Shame upon him who thinks evil upon it. [Order of the Garter]

Olevipoeg
10-11-2018, 04:28 PM
This makes no sense whatsoever. I got 7th blue Lilith.

Ip4
10-11-2018, 04:46 PM
i found today second Blue Lilih...

Muzzleloader
10-11-2018, 05:12 PM
I have pulled 7 blue, 6 red, 1 purple , 1 green and 1 yellow lilith. I was trying for a dupe yellow or purple for gauntlet.

scott-5496
10-11-2018, 05:38 PM
On this event fo rme I have a blue and red lilith - might just make a third but not sure if I want to chuck in another bunch of ironite for Sands....might do it to get one more Troll at least - think I am up to 12 now.

Olevipoeg
10-11-2018, 06:35 PM
I have pulled 7 blue, 1 red, 1 purple.

scott-5496
10-11-2018, 07:41 PM

I might just do that as short on decent 2 set greens!

edsel
10-11-2018, 09:08 PM
3300 ironite= 40 rare, 4 lilith 2010 frags, 22 troll 4630 frags and 1 very warm phone battery

Ip4
10-11-2018, 09:09 PM
i can only say WOW :)

druid138
10-11-2018, 11:45 PM
34 SoT fills so far (all Floor X):

485 Lilith frags
1,395 Troll frags
12 Rare Souls

These results seem pretty in line with prior events. It seems that Lilith frags are calibrated to give one Lilith every 33-34 SoT fills, or 1000 Ironite, ignoring normal SoT accumulations.

93 SoT fills (all Floor X):

1,500 Lilith frags
3,460 Troll frags
31 Rare Souls

Again, about 1,000 Ironite per Lilith, ignoring normal SoT accumulations.

scott-5496
10-12-2018, 09:12 AM
I think in the end I was around 9-10 mega refills of ironite so around 1500 ironite - I got three Lilliths (was half way to one beofre event) and I got 13 Trolls. Pretty hapy with that to be honest - lot sof upgrade stuff to use during the current event as it seems worth it to upgrade the pumpkins a bit.