PDA

View Full Version : Best team for assassin event mission/false mask?

Daviangers
10-19-2018, 08:51 AM
I cant even beat it once with everyone being alive I have a ton of characters and talismans idk what to do
I dont use assassins a lot so most arent sharded

Stormseye
10-19-2018, 01:00 PM
Been trying lots of combos myself. Hardest part is getting past the first wave. After that its cake. Most success I have had was

Beast Eddie - Eclipse Set
Artillery Dog - Energy/Thorn
Assassin Lillith - Eternity
Pyro Soldier - Destiny/Shell

Failed a bunch but managed to get 5 wins so far. Dealing with the Magus Souless Demons is the tough part since they have infinite power and are immune to Exhaust. Best you can hope for is to keep up immunity and not succumb to the permadeath heal block. Seems even when I inflict heal block they can still heal themselves.

I tried with two Assassin Corrupt Rescuers but they are pretty weak and don't seem to be able to inflict Seal on the Demons.

Daviangers
10-19-2018, 02:49 PM
mm im about in the same boat. gonna try leveling artillery dog though

fantomz
10-19-2018, 03:16 PM
Iron Eddie with Angel/Advantige,random purple
Astra with Eclipse
Lilith with Eternal
Pyro Soldier with Destiny,Wapr
And in the background Storm Eddie with Oracles

Lost several times,but got the work done.

Stormseye
10-19-2018, 04:44 PM
Saw a video of
Iron Eddie - Void/Guard
Astra Void/Angel
Assassin Corrupt Rescuer Destiny/Shell
Set - Shadow/Shell

well just dropped 20 G/A souls to try and get her and I did..along with another Cyborg lol...Astra done!

Credit where Credit is due - Henry from the FB group used this setup and I did as well and it works perfect for auto farming. Not sure on his talismans but I posted mine above. Clears done with ease. I watched all 10 fights and it was never even close to a loss.

rags-6094
10-19-2018, 07:00 PM
Saw a video of
Iron Eddie - Void/Guard
Astra Void/Angel
Set - Shadow/Shell

well just dropped 20 G/A souls to try and get her and I did..along with another Cyborg lol...Astra done!

Credit where Credit is due - Henry from the FB group used this setup and I did as well and it works perfect for auto farming. Not sure on his talismans but I posted mine above. Clears done with ease. I watched all 10 fights and it was never even close to a loss.

I can confirm Stormseye your right or Henry is anyway, so far so good... I have been struggling with this one too...
I used serenity 2 set in Talisman in Set rather than shell

infinite dreamer
10-19-2018, 07:06 PM
Saw a video of
Iron Eddie - Void/Guard
Astra Void/Angel
Set - Shadow/Shell

Damn, just tried it and the team didn't even come close to losing anyone. Nice job! Thanks for posting it Stormseye!

rags-6094
10-19-2018, 07:12 PM
I cant even beat it once with everyone being alive I have a ton of characters and talismans idk what to do
I dont use assassins a lot so most arent sharded

I no sooner posted my thanks and now their all dead except Iron Ed.... so it's not perfect but it does work better than anything I could come up with..

Killljoy-8322
10-19-2018, 07:21 PM
Saw a video of
Iron Eddie - Void/Guard
Astra Void/Angel
Set - Shadow/Shell

Hi is there an alternative to Set? I have the rest
I'm ok with most of the talismans except Angel any replacements as well

Thanks

infinite dreamer
10-19-2018, 07:22 PM
I no sooner posted my thanks and now their all dead except Iron Ed.... so it's not perfect but it does work better than anything I could come up with..

So far it's been working. I'm running it on auto, but keeping VHE in reserve in case anyone needs to be brought back manually.

Stormseye
10-19-2018, 08:55 PM
Set is just there as a blocker really and for some odd reason will sometimes get Crits with the shadow set sometimes does nice damage but I think the keys are Astra and Iron Eddie. ACR seals and helps but the first stage is really won by Astra and Iron Eddie. Maybe try Artillery Dog or Demon Spawn. Need a Destiny set in there too for mitigation cause they can hit hard.

Blast sorry about the fails Rags. Must have been a bad luck run. I am sure with more Angel and Fate Talisman placements it would 100%. I guess I got lucky on my last 10 runs.
It still better than what I had been trying so I am grateful to Henry.

Olevipoeg
10-19-2018, 09:34 PM
On round 3 and 4 i always get 10+ marks on my team and i even cant get why. Then first perfect hit kills all.

Amarthir
10-19-2018, 09:42 PM
On round 3 and 4 i always get 10+ marks on my team and i even cant get why. Then first perfect hit kills all.

Astra, the Assassin Valkyrie has a passive that blocks marks for the whole team. So use her if you have her.

rags-6094
10-19-2018, 10:02 PM
Job done for me, Thanks Stormseye and everyone that contributed.
Threw another Halloween soul and still bupkis, really stumped as to why I can't get any decent souls lately everyone else seems to be pulling at least one of the three... I missed the last three before that as well...
LOTB must have switched off my "generate new souls for rags" switch....

Oh well the wheel turns so my time will come, and that ho on the bike is a dead set certainty in three weeks time...!

legacy_of_not
10-19-2018, 10:26 PM
So I've no hope to beat that first round. I cannot even last through the revenge attacks. Iron Ed, Astra are a far cry from my lowly few eds and support chars. Thanks for validating that it's crazy difficult.

Olevipoeg
10-19-2018, 10:41 PM
Astra, the Assassin Valkyrie has a passive that blocks marks for the whole team. So use her if you have her.
I don't have Astra. Experimenting with Iron, Beast, Storm Eddies + Pyro, Lilith, Count. Seems to work, but needs a bit Eddie switching. Beast Eddie Fury also clears all marks.

Daviangers
10-20-2018, 05:34 AM
didnt even think of the background talis, thanks

Cefiar
10-20-2018, 06:44 AM
Of all the parts I've been having issues with, it's the stupid Yellow bats on the first level with Destiny on each of them. Once I'm past them, I can knock out the rest usually no problem. But that is almost always where I fail, and where I end up spending way too much time per run.

Zugzwang
10-20-2018, 08:20 AM
If you were lucky enough to have mostly upgraded your assassin relics I’m sure it’s easier. Unfortunately I focused on other classes so it’s a struggle. No autoplaying this one.

Olevipoeg
10-20-2018, 09:48 AM
If Beast Eddie uses Blood Ritual skill ( Disable passives ) on 3rd and 4th wave then marks are applied to my team. Is it bug or intentional?

DanielRacy
10-20-2018, 10:29 AM
Iron Eddie - Void, Guard
Storm Eddie - Oracle
Newborn of Light - Valor
Lilith - Death, Power
Pyro Soldier - Destiny, Sustaining

That was my team. They did a nice job on this mission.

natasar
10-20-2018, 10:30 PM
Finally Astra is back in play... Did not use her for a couple months now, but after experimenting with different line-ups, she was surprisingly good in this dungeon (even with the relatively low HP setup I use her with).

My team (auto-play) that finally got the achievement done was (not 100% safe though):

Iron Eddie (Fate/Guard)
Astra (Fate/Strike)
Lilith (Fate/Energy)
Set (Eclipse)

Muzzleloader
10-20-2018, 11:17 PM
The assassin only mission has been the hardest since in the insane dungeon event. That event wasn't the hardest, it just took so long for some battles. This time it really made us try different lineups . NF really put some thought in this event. They have been working on new material. Great job NF.

Greyhame
10-21-2018, 03:33 AM
I was getting totally denied for this mission until I tried this. I only tried twice before but the result was so bad that I gave up on it.

I had to swap some talismans between my characters to get them equipped correctly and I don’t have Set, so I used Lilith instead, but I gave it a run through and it worked! I don’t expect it will work every time but it will succeed often enough that I will be able to complete it without too much trouble.

My team:

Iron Eddie (Void and Guard talismans)
Astra (Void and Angel talismans)
Corrupt Rescuer (Destiny and Shell talismans)
Lilith (Eternal talismans)

All of them are fully skill-sharded, except for Lilith (who has 5 skill shards applied)

Astra was in the most danger, her health dropping to below half on two occasions while I watched, but Iron Eddie’s heal and other buffs kept her alive.

Thank you!

90mphyorker
10-21-2018, 07:22 AM
Saw a video of
Iron Eddie - Void/Guard
Astra Void/Angel
Set - Shadow/Shell

While it’s more successful than my previous teams, those damn Souless Demons still kill me. Thanks for the tip though. Least it’ssaving me doing it manually 15 times.

apeterrr
10-22-2018, 11:36 AM
I was getting totally denied for this mission until I tried this. I only tried twice before but the result was so bad that I gave up on it.

I had to swap some talismans between my characters to get them equipped correctly and I don’t have Set, so I used Lilith instead, but I gave it a run through and it worked! I don’t expect it will work every time but it will succeed often enough that I will be able to complete it without too much trouble.

My team:

Iron Eddie (Void and Guard talismans)
Astra (Void and Angel talismans)
Corrupt Rescuer (Destiny and Shell talismans)
Lilith (Eternal talismans)

All of them are fully skill-sharded, except for Lilith (who has 5 skill shards applied)

Astra was in the most danger, her health dropping to below half on two occasions while I watched, but Iron Eddie’s heal and other buffs kept her alive.

Thank you!

Thanks, that was actually the only team that worked for me, even in manual! I may even try it on auto lol

Fudjo
10-26-2018, 04:58 PM
Saw a video of
Iron Eddie - Void/Guard
Astra Void/Angel
Set - Shadow/Shell

I gave that team a try. Works as advertised. 15 runs, 15 wins.

SDTull
10-28-2018, 09:24 AM
I used:
Iron Ed (Void, Guard)
Astra (Guard, Assassin)
Demon Spawn (Destiny, Advantage)
Desert Sniper (Strength, Piercing, Immunity)

This line up obliterated the first 4 waves but wasn't fool proof on the boss wave. Took perhaps 20 battles to get the 15 with all alive.