PDA

View Full Version : Does responding to attackers in pVp actually do anything different

Daviangers
10-20-2018, 05:35 AM
i dont see the point in attacking from the defense menu what am i missing

Cefiar
10-20-2018, 07:00 AM
The advantage is that if you have beaten them before, you get another chance to beat them, without waiting for them to come up in your attack list?

MetalKing
10-20-2018, 02:44 PM
You also can see that if they lost you will have a higher chance to win the fight.

Daviangers
10-20-2018, 02:54 PM
So its basically just an extra group of choices then nothing else

MetalKing
10-20-2018, 03:10 PM
It also acts like an additional list of attackable teams, which might be advantageous to hit first if your pvp rank and score has changed and the teams in the attack list are too hard. You can avoid a refresh for a few fights and not lose your buffs.

Zugzwang
10-21-2018, 03:45 AM
I may be wrong, but I think losing a battle in the attack list loses less ranking points than losing a battle where you try to revenge on the defense list. Whether you’ve won or lost on the revenge list, if you initiate a revenge battle and lose—you lose more points than if you lose in your normal attack list. Does that make any sense? I know you lose less points if someone attacks you and you lose but if you attack them and lose in that revenge list—well you’d better have a specific reason for trying to revenge because you stand to lose more. Again this may not be correct and I haven’t sat down and done any math, but I think this is how it works. If I’m wrong and someone can give the correct formula please do enlighten us. It’s sort of confusing innit?

rags-6094
10-21-2018, 05:34 AM
I may be wrong, but I think losing a battle in the attack list loses less ranking points than losing a battle where you try to revenge on the defense list. Whether you’ve won or lost on the revenge list, if you initiate a revenge battle and lose—you lose more points than if you lose in your normal attack list. Does that make any sense? I know you lose less points if someone attacks you and you lose but if you attack them and lose in that revenge list—well you’d better have a specific reason for trying to revenge because you stand to lose more. Again this may not be correct and I haven’t sat down and done any math, but I think this is how it works. If I’m wrong and someone can give the correct formula please do enlighten us. It’s sort of confusing innit?

There's this team in the arena at the level I tend to hang around most of the time, He calls himself Woody, I say he but I can't say for sure please forgive me if I made a mistake.
Anyway awesome team, I've been beaten by this team before, just now I notice Woody has had a crack at me and lost, sitting on top of my revenge list.... So I thought hmmm this might be a good way to explain how the points work for this thread! Win or lose hopefully I can add something... So anyway I won which came as a bit of surprise they can go either way against Woody.. It added 20 to my score but only subtracted 13 from Woody, how many times I've played in the arena and never really taken any notice...

Zugzwang
10-21-2018, 01:54 PM
There’s 3 scenarios we need to figure out really. Say you’re the player “John”.

All 3 scenarios are losses for John for this discussion.

1. John attacks “Joe” on John’s attack list.

2. John gets attacked by “Joe” from Joe’s attack list (which then makes Joe appear on John’s revenge list.)

2. John attacks Joe on John’s revenge list.

Do all of John’s losses lose the same ratio of points? Let’s assume that John and Joe are VERY closely ranked since we know that affect it. We want that variable out of this. Maybe a developer could enlighten us but unless it’s all equal I don’t think they’ll be divulging which is better.

Zugzwang
10-21-2018, 02:35 PM
There's this team in the arena at the level I tend to hang around most of the time, He calls himself Woody, I say he but I can't say for sure please forgive me if I made a mistake.
Anyway awesome team, I've been beaten by this team before, just now I notice Woody has had a crack at me and lost, sitting on top of my revenge list.... So I thought hmmm this might be a good way to explain how the points work for this thread! Win or lose hopefully I can add something... So anyway I won which came as a bit of surprise they can go either way against Woody.. It added 20 to my score but only subtracted 13 from Woody, how many times I've played in the arena and never really taken any notice...

This is why I asked you for advice just last week. You’re one of the top regular players on my troopers list rags.

Muzzleloader
10-21-2018, 03:10 PM
I found that if equally ranked players revenge each other they gain a few points. Each loss is a few points less that the points won. I have said before unless you are in the top 250 or better top 100 there is no real point in having a strong defense. It just makes the game harder for everyone, especially newer players.
Last weak I ran a solo Eddie and ended up about 140 rank. I easily won 100+ easy revenge battles. Those are easy IC earnings that took less than 30 seconds per battle.

rags-6094
10-21-2018, 06:04 PM
As you may be aware last week I ran a lone Eddie till the final 24 hours. I hovered around the 200 level for most of the week just using the sow that were provided for me. I would work my back up into maybe level 90 or so using those sow then next time I look back down towards 200 again. Inside the final 24 hours I fought my way back to the top 50 and sunk again when I stopped to level 60 tough defence set, I spent the final 5 hours before reset battling away, the majority were indeed easy fights. At one stage I won 59 straight and in total only 2 losses I finished the week rank 20 to spite having a lone Eddie for all but the last 24 hours.
I had a revenge fight this morning and lost, I suffered -18 and the revenge defence got +18... I'm not sure if this is always the case in such scenarios I suspect the position the teams are in weighs on the points added and subtracted.

Muzzleloader
10-21-2018, 06:41 PM
If you are only trying to collect some IC a lone Eddie makes it a lot easier. You lose several defenses, your rank goes down. Then several easy wins to bring your rank back up all with very few losses or time spent. Even at rank 1700 you see all god or new OP toons on defenses newer players must get frustrated.

I lost 3 battles last 3vent, 2 were from hangups. If you could get 20 easy revenge battles a day that would almost be your weakly SoW total. I have lost interest in the arena, some battles just take to long.

R1ck
10-21-2018, 08:42 PM
Answering the question, no. You will get the same amount of points as if the attacker were on your attack list.
About points, attacking higher ranks will give you more points in a victory and losing against them will take you away less points.
That's why I like attacking only higher ranks :) and revenging only when my defense losses, not on holds. Also losing against low level ranks with take you away more points, 20 sometimes, while losing to a higher ranks is 12. Last 2 weeks I've done only around 120 fights per week and have been able to be top 50. I am losing interest on PVP, nothing new, this week will only play one fight per day to complete the daily achievement. Will start playing something different.