PDA

View Full Version : Blade of the Samurai -Debut of 6 new characters, including a limited edition Samurai

Kaz_LOTB
11-02-2018, 12:01 AM
Samurai Emperor Eddie, Musashi and 4 Shinobi Maidens are making their Legacy of the Beast debut!

From now until November 9th 4 PM PT, battle in the Lord of Light to earn Wanderer Soul Fragments, Frontier Coins and more!

All 6 of these characters are highlighted in the new Wanderer Soul. The Wanderer Soul is a limited time event soul which guarantees a 3★ to 5★ character of any class, with an increased chance of 4 Shinobi Maidens PLUS an exclusive chance of getting Musashi and Samurai Emperor Eddie!

Each Wanderer Soul summoned will also grant bonus rewards of 10 Shogun Fragments, and 10 Musashi Soul Fragments.

Collecting 750 Musashi Soul Fragments guarantees Musashi, whereas 500 Shogun Soul Fragments guarantees Samurai Emperor Eddie–a fully skill sharded, limited edition version of Samurai Eddie!

Wanderer Souls can be earned in one of two ways:

There are Event Challenges that will grant you Wanderer Soul Fragments. Getting 200 fragments will earn you a Wanderer Soul, with up to 10 Souls that can be earned from challenges over the course of the event. Overcome the Lord of Light and apply specific abilities to get all of the souls! We’ll be running 2 all-dungeon weekends in the Lord of Light to help you reach these goals!
The store offers Wanderer Souls for Ironite in the usual bundle sizes of 1, 3, or 10.

In addition to Wanderer Soul Fragments, completing event challenges will grant various other rewards, including Ironite, and Frontier Coins!

Wanderer Souls contain the following highlights:

Exclusive Chance of:

Samurai Emperor Eddie (5* Warrior): This limited edition version of Samurai Eddie comes fully skill sharded and armed with the Shogun passive, replacing the regular Samurai Eddie’s fury attack. Shogun makes your Eddie unstunnable and heals all allies after every action in addition to granting Physical Damage Invulnerability and an innate ability to Counterstrike!

Samurai Emperor Eddie is ONLY available in the Wanderer Soul.

Check out more on Samurai Emperor Eddie in his Character Discussions forum post. (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10934-Samurai-Emperor-Eddie-(Warrior-Type)&p=85145#post85145)

Musashi (5* Assassin): This powerful ally is immune to Silver Effects and can cleanse them from all allies while dishing out high damage. He is also capable of removing beneficial effects from enemies, and healing and granting various beneficial effects to himself and his team. In addition, his passive–Swordmaster–allows him to equip ANY talisman sets with no color restrictions!

Musashi is ONLY available in the Wanderer Soul. While he will occasionally be featured in Heroic Soul Rotations, this character will NOT be added to any other Souls, making the Wanderer Soul your best shot at securing this character.

Increased Chance of:

Kurenai, Shinobi Rogue (4* Warrior): A Physical damage brawler that can revive herself and allies while inflicting powerful negative effects, such as Blind, Exhaust, and Timebomb.

Ichiyo, Shinobi Medic (4* Sentinel): A high health healer capable of stunning enemies and granting beneficial effects, such as Invincibility and Class Advantage to allies.

Ibuki, Shinobi Ranger (4* Gunner): A true damage dealer that can remove all damage blocking and invincibility effects while inflicting Crave, Furious Burns, and dropping the opponent’s SPECIAL stat down to zero!

Kokú, Shinobi Bandit (4* Assassin): A durable support that removes beneficial effects, inflicts Perfect Death, and makes her team immune to all burn and stat reduction effects. She can also revive one ally for every Golden Effect she removes from an enemy while granting Endure and heals to her team!

Please note that after the conclusion of this event, collecting more Wanderer, Shogun and Musashi Soul Fragments will not be possible, but any extras you have can be converted to Precious Soul Fragments.

Ip4
11-02-2018, 12:15 AM
any help with blinding burn?

GrimDusk
11-02-2018, 12:23 AM
any help with blinding burn?

Storm Eddie's Fury always casts blinding burn.

apeterrr
11-02-2018, 12:31 AM
Flash talismans also inflict Blinding Burn.

Amarthir
11-02-2018, 12:57 AM
Here we go:

Phantom Eddie: Flash+Nightmare
Sekhmet: Necropolis+Nightmare
Prisoner
Gunner Desert Marauder

Works on autoplay floor X and fills in all the bonus missions without fail.

Muzzleloader
11-02-2018, 01:19 AM
You can also use assassin pyro soldier for the perfect hit and nightmare talis since he is a multi hitter. Add madam or another for more sleep.

Symbiote
11-02-2018, 01:57 AM
Add madam or another for more sleep.

Or just go to bed.. lol :D

HuckFinn150
11-02-2018, 02:33 AM
That's what I'm doing. Just finished my troopers and I'm ready to call it a night.

Stormseye
11-02-2018, 02:41 AM
Running

Phantom Eddie - Nightmare/Flash
Assassin Corrupt Rescuer x2 Energy and Predeator
Madam with Destiny

Already picked up Kurenai, Shinobi Rogue - Warrior type already on a random soul. Have her as champ for those who want to see her.

HuckFinn150
11-02-2018, 03:03 AM
I pulled Emporor Eddie and Ichio the sectional maiden. I have Emporor as my champion of anyone wants to Mrs with him. Talismans are still only level 3 & 4. I'm working on that lol

Cefiar
11-02-2018, 03:45 AM
Here we go:

Phantom Eddie: Flash+Nightmare
Sekhmet: Necropolis+Nightmare
Prisoner
Gunner Desert Marauder

Works on autoplay floor X and fills in all the bonus missions without fail.

I'm using almost this, but with Gunner Desert Marauder replaced with Daedalus (As part of his passive is: Every action inflicts random burns).

Yup
11-02-2018, 04:25 AM
11 new charters introduced in the span of 3 weeks, several of which aren't available anywhere after the event(s).... "Characters Make Money" ... has never rung more true. No wonder they fired Spartan.

Amarthir
11-02-2018, 04:47 AM
11 new charters introduced in the span of 3 weeks, several of which aren't available anywhere after the event(s).... "Characters Make Money" ... has never rung more true. No wonder they fired Spartan.

It's not like they're gonna make money off of the free grinding lmao. What else do you pay for? Course then again, I don't pay at all unless it's a sweet sweet deal.

GotN
11-02-2018, 06:28 AM
So I have 7 days to get 125 wanderer souls for a guarenteed Musashi or Samurai Emperor Eddie. I don’t even want to know, how many ironit that would take to get there. And with my luck of pulling event characters (close to zero) I only read... chance of... „higher“ chance of... blablabla... really getting tired of this P2W b...sh...! Event break for me and another 6 characters missing :/

Yup
11-02-2018, 07:06 AM
43% out of 1.57%..... less than 0.7% chance..... watch the odds.... it's a sucker's game.

It's not like they're gonna make money off of the free grinding lmao. What else do you pay for? Course then again, I don't pay at all unless it's a sweet sweet deal.

You seemingly fail to realize that unless you are purchasing ironite, there's not a great deal of "grinding" one can do. Given 3 full SOT natural refills a day, 240 SOT.. at generally 8 SOT per run, that's 30 runs per day... and that means 3+ days to hit just 100 runs. You appear to be looking at things from a "refill SOT" point of view.. which you MUST be spending in order to do and hit the achievements. And at best you'll pull 10-15 event souls.. of which you have less than a 0.7% chance of actually pulling the 5 stars... it's all pay to win....

Some people just can't see the forest for all the trees.

thealchemist
11-02-2018, 07:15 AM
So I have 7 days to get 125 wanderer souls for a guarenteed Musashi or Samurai Emperor Eddie. I don’t even want to know, how many ironit that would take to get there. And with my luck of pulling event characters (close to zero) I only read... chance of... „higher“ chance of... blablabla... really getting tired of this P2W b...sh...! Event break for me and another 6 characters missing :/

I'm reading it as every wanderer soul dropped gives 10 fragments for the Samurai Emperor Eddie soul AND the Musashi soul. So 75 should give you both. But needing another 65 souls after earning the first 10 still equates to a lot of ironite (I calculated 5900) to guarantee both. Which is where the buy to earn characters starts to come in, needing to use real money to buy ironite to buy the souls.

I would like to know though are the Shinobi's available elsewhere after this event? There is no mention of this in the event description. Obviously getting the two 5*s outside of this event will be near impossible but will the 4*s be available in rare and legendary souls?

I've changed my champion to Beast Eddie with flash/nightmare talismans too so it might help some of my troopers to work towards all 3 counters of max hp down, sleep and blinding burns.

hold
11-02-2018, 07:47 AM

I am just getting tired of chasing stuff and swiping left. 1st season of Gauntlet was really fun as the battles were fair. This season with unpredictable setups of talismans and were the coin toss and not strategy decides the battle really takes all the fun out of it.

Instead of real improvements like management of allies and talismans we get one P2W event after the other. Yes, the Pumpkin event was great but one swallow doesn't make a summer plus if you hadn't saved shards for many moons it wouldn't have been so great anyway.

I still have almost 500 G/A souls and plenty of other souls and burnt 4000 ironite (I saved it) on Halloween souls (no event char out of them - Phantom Ed came through a Warrior soul) but I am just tired of unfair setups, complete nonsense management and even Night City around (allegedly) in about a month - I just waste my last ironite and will uninstall the slot machine.

I respond to you because you are one of my troopers but whoever is as well - please delete me.

I really had high hopes because of Gauntlet but with the season on right now that destroyed the last bit of fun I had. Losing 90% of the coin toss didn't really make it any better. I can't imagine that the devs are so blind that they don't see this: Setting up a team for ages, searching and finding talismans is a pita, swiping forward and backward to find the right allies and after starting the battle and losing the coin toss you get destroyed within 2 rounds because you don't stand a chance at all (happened not only once but multiple times in this season). Fully sharded, fully equipped and plenty of relics. Not they are not so blind I guess - they are just ignorant and fuel the money making machine in now "recycling" Eds.

After Season 1 Gauntlet I even thought let's support the direction this is going and buy the 850 Ironite pack over x days ... That was a mistake but one that I can afford ... there even would be 14 days left or so but f*ck it. It really seems like everytime you praise the devs for something they immidiately kick you in the face.

Not anymore - this bullshit ends for me now.

Maybe I reinstall in 35 days to have a look at Night City but I seriously need a break from this nonsense. Best would be the Sick approach and just sacrifice everything. I seriously have a think about that.

Yup
11-02-2018, 09:06 AM
I would like to know though are the Shinobi's available elsewhere after this event? There is no mention of this in the event description. Obviously getting the two 5*s outside of this event will be near impossible but will the 4*s be available in rare and legendary souls?

If you look at Frags.. they appear for Rare frags, well all but the Ed and the Assassin.

Still though.. 11 characters and no one, NO ONE, could possible get them without spending money. I pulled 100% shit from the Halloween event grind and haven't seen a 5 star character drop in weeks (since I quit spending money).

kgk56
11-02-2018, 10:10 AM
If you look at Frags.. they appear for Rare frags, well all but the Ed and the Assassin.

Still though.. 11 characters and no one, NO ONE, could possible get them without spending money. I pulled 100% shit from the Halloween event grind and haven't seen a 5 star character drop in weeks (since I quit spending money).

The Shinobis are in legendary too

Blade
11-02-2018, 10:18 AM
The structure of the event definitely leaves a sour aftertaste. 350 LoL runs in 7 days are 50 per day, which is not possible without refilling. And all this for 10 souls at the end? With a chance less than 1%. Why don't fragments drop by chance for LoL runs? The small rewards are nice, basically a mixed copy of the Redan and false mask events. But that also means that we had the false mask after Redan, now this event and next again a fragment grind event (probably again in LoL...no variation?) and later in the month in BNW. This could be expensive!
I don't want to be too critical now. There will be also again the voices, which argue that with such events money must be earned. It may be true. The tactics deter me however and will not lead to the fact that I spend money. The events of the last weeks (with the exception of the crazy sacrifice event) were quite Ironite exhausting, which I can see from my account balance.
Likewise, there will be voices that find it great that there is a guarantee for 750 and 500 fragments. So without having useless fragments left it would be best to collect 1500 for 2 plus 3 of the event characters. That's 140 souls (plus the 10 from the grind), 12,600 Ironite including a relatively realistic chance to get the other event characters as well. So dear people, just buy 3 times the Pharaoh treasure for 300 € in total, hopefully you still have 600 Ironites in stock anyway, or you just throw another 20 € out of the window. Plus that for the refills. There will be people who will do it. I don't want to make them feel guilty either, if they have so much money left they can donate it to me or a charitable institution ;)
Minimum investment for both characters is 65 souls á 5900 Ironit (= about 150€). Or you get lucky gambling...
For me as a collector it's a shame to put so many characters on my "wanted" list again, as cool as I find the Japanese Samurai style characters to be.
Sure, nobody forces us to participate in the event. Nevertheless, I wanted to draw attention to the concept behind it. I firmly reject this. It was fun to search for talismans and skills for the missions. I also found an efficient team (16 runs -> 165, 325, 131 effects applied with auto pilot). But as I said, not at these conditions, I'm sorry.
Greetings!

dragonmat89
11-02-2018, 10:39 AM
I'm intrigued - the next event on the list is a fragment event, which are usually in LoL... Do you think that they will overlap early next week perhaps once the Arena event is done? I'd like to think we won't have two events in a row requiring farming LoL but you never know... It also looks like there may be Wanderer souls or some other Shinobi highlight in BNW later in the month as well?

scott-5496
11-02-2018, 11:08 AM
Yeah it is looking ironite expensive for sure - I like to get new characters for sure but I am not daft with it even though I am doing fine financially - I could spend lots every month if I wanted to but I am also not going to burn money on gambling - I am not and never have been a gambler! The game is based on the fact the many folk to like to gamble and I get that - nothing against folk wanting to keep the game alive buy buying packs of souls - I do spend a bit but on actual things I want to try/use like a tally pack or ironite for gauntlet (which I enjoy). Hell I have even stopped the current arena event as I ended up laying on auto it was just that random on wether I won at the top 100 level or not - this fo rme is the biggest issue with the game...losing enjoyment/thril/challenge fair challenge) as at the moment I think this is quite scare in the game/ I grind/farm way, way more than actual manual play - manual play was just arena (until this week) and gauntlet...so as it stands with current meta and bugs etc gauntlet (though not bug free or stupid tallies on wrong teams free) is all I play manual and even that has stopped as I reached my sensible end early in SSS. So I have at the moment one week or so where I do manual stuff in gauntlet and then auto the rest (even behind the mask after the first few days of the odd manul game ended as it was just the same thing over and over which meant I stopped at 800 battles.

I am not sure how fun that is to be honest - it is only the addiction side that keeps me coming back - I mean I do like the game - I have invested so much time into it etc etc - if I did not have that history with it I would be out at the moment like a few others as to me the game is meta crazy and there are still a lot of weird bugs and loaded gauntlet etc etc.....I have to say at the moment that I team can beat me soundly one round and then I beat them soundly the next - it is just too much that way at the moment in arena - at least for me to be entertained by it - it is just annoying and (I hate to say this) 'not fair'! LOL - my rattle just got chucked out the pram!

I fear a little for the game as it is just character spamming every week or two because they know that we want to collect - again I get that but I am not sure it is helping many of us on here. I guess you take part or you dont - the fear is that you get left so far behind if you come back and that being able to be top 100 arena or top 10 or whatever is not possible anymore becuae you missed a bunch of game winners on your time off.....domino and catch 22 all in one!

I wonder what will happen after a week of Night City......or Silent Planet....well I dont wonder - once they are beaten it will be when is the next thing coming and so on - I mean they could even just change BNW characters once in a while or LOL or the story missions - it cannot be that hard to do? Give us more missions and achievments to complete in the old worlds - anything that makes you want to play more - for the challenge or whatever. My thoughts are that they just need to have a team looking at mixing it up a bit with what we have already in the game - the environments are there so why not add a new level to each with new teams ot beat - a new nightmare Ailing Kingdom, Kingdom the the Sands, Underworld etc etc - surely not that hard to implement?

Also kind of hoping thay dont do a 2 year Night City thing again - just say nothing and then add with a 30 day counter like they just did - I am sure they will do stuff like that from now on as that was a fail for sure.

Anyway not meant to rant or anything but just sharing my current mindset on the game as so many others have been on here doing the same thing over recent days, weeks, months!

Cheers

URock
11-02-2018, 11:56 AM
I still need a break too. I won 200 Arena fights to get the new talisman set from the last event and now I got no more motivation to go on with Gountlet to get Charlotte + I don't got the needed toons to get the fragments for the actual wanderer souls.

They want us to burn up our farmed material and we only got a "chance" to get new toons. Still boring...

Muzzleloader
11-02-2018, 12:25 PM
It is not that expensive to reach the 350 battles in 7 days. After the free SoW, rewards ironite, and daily bonus ironite it would only be 10 SoW refills. That doesnt include any SoW earned in the battles or ironite earned in skull quests. This of course doesnt include any purchased souls to be slated for the redeyed slot machine.

There will be a frag event after this event. Will this be another LoL event. Many of us may need to replenish our shard inventory after the last sac fest.

Wyphy
11-02-2018, 01:13 PM
350 LoL runs in 7 days are 50 per day

350 runs in 5 days, so 70 runs per day.
It's the weekend, no LOL at the weekends.
Did the same thing last time; sentinel troll event, I believe.

Blade
11-02-2018, 01:28 PM
350 runs in 5 days, so 70 runs per day.
It's the weekend, no LOL at the weekends.
Did the same thing last time; sentinel troll event, I believe.

From the opening post about the event:

"From now until November 9th 4 PM PT, battle in the Lord of Light to earn Wanderer Soul Fragments, Frontier Coins and more!"

and

"We’ll be running 2 all-dungeon weekends in the Lord of Light to help you reach these goals!"

Is warrior LoL not open for you right now?

Muzzleloader
11-02-2018, 01:29 PM
The LoL are open this weekend as stated in the announcement. Red, green and blue are open for 16 hours each on Thursday and Friday, when usually closed.

blade685
11-02-2018, 01:38 PM
All souls event are a shit with my account in 2018 and never give me new characters......with 10,20 or 50 event souls i never loot any new characters

Symbiote
11-02-2018, 01:49 PM

I miss Spartan here in the forums and his bright green soulless demon avatar, which was my very first most loved non-Eddie Character when i started playing this game..
back in the days, where you played manually the game were it was fun to play not just let your phone get hot as fuck because of the 24/7 grinding events..,

Yeah it evolves in some really nice ways.., but i wish they wouldn't do so much grind grind grind things.., and events were you need to buy buy ironite over ironite and let your phone burn away..,

I miss these days.., it is more stressful nowadays then how it started..,

I'm very pleased for new content and Events but not in this way.., since auto-replay (which is a very nice feature to farm resources) they increased sooo much with every event the runs you need for often nothing than 3* dupes. :D

But that are only first world problems, not critics about a game we all play, right amarthir? ;)

And Yup is right with what he says.., you need to grind like hell and need to refill.., there was a time, where it wasn't that extreme...

Blade
11-02-2018, 01:59 PM
I miss Spartan here in the forums and his bright green soulless demon avatar

I think a lot of us miss him. But apparently he was "too honest" on some topics and didn't make a big deal out of obvious mechanics. I bet he would also have admitted that the AI gets the supposed 15% accuracy boost. That's why he was probably put to silence. In this context: Does LOtB_Mia still exist?

kgk56
11-02-2018, 02:07 PM
Soooo, if I understand well : the event will provide 10 souls, who when sacrificed, will give 100 frags Musashi and 100 frags Emperor Samourai. To get Musashi 750 frags, for Emperor 500 frags. Where could we get those missing frags ? only with ironites ? and ironites with real money ? like 200€ ?

Symbiote
11-02-2018, 02:10 PM
I think a lot of us miss him. But apparently he was "too honest" on some topics and didn't make a big deal out of obvious mechanics. I bet he would also have admitted that the AI gets the supposed 15% accuracy boost. That's why he was probably put to silence. In this context: Does LOtB_Mia still exist?

This could be true.., i know developers which are crystal clear open to their development whether a really nice 3d software or game developers, which earn money too, especially because of their open development and communication with their players.., because they are HAPPY players and WANT spend money for prices that are realistic..,
Since i can see the price tags in this game for virtual stuff.., omg i thought my eyes are tricking me.., that's really really.., i have no words for this..,

I will never pay them money for this kind,..
and i know they need money to develope this game but.., mmh.., for me this isn't the right way... :/

Blade
11-02-2018, 02:19 PM
Soooo, if I understand well : the event will provide 10 souls, who when sacrificed, will give 100 frags Musashi and 100 frags Emperor Samourai. To get Musashi 750 frags, for Emperor 500 frags. Where could we get those missing frags ? only with ironites ? and ironites with real money ? like 200€ ?

I'm afraid so. If you want to read more about this topic, go back to page 2 for the analysis of alchemist, hold and myself and page 3 for Scott's contribution. But be prepared for some rage, disappointment and frightening numbers...

Blade
11-02-2018, 02:28 PM
This could be true.., i know developers which are crystal clear open to their development whether a really nice 3d software or game developers, which earn money too, especially because of their open development and communication with their players.., because they are HAPPY players and WANT spend money for prices that are realistic..,
Since i can see the price tags in this game for virtual stuff.., omg i thought my eyes are tricking me.., that's really really.., i have no words for this..,

I will never pay them money for this kind,..
and i know they need money to develope this game but.., mmh.., for me this isn't the right way... :/

To be honest, shortly after the sacrifice event I thought about making a donation again after a long time. But the prices here make you sick. 20 € for 675 Ironite? But you couldn't even buy 10 event souls (which is not recommended anyway) and at the last heavy grinding events the 675 Ironite (= 4.5 mega refills) are gone faster than you can see. Not a trace of really long-term valuable investments. Sooner or later investors and product placement may become necessary after all, I fear...

Banished
11-02-2018, 02:40 PM
I'm afraid so. If you want to read more about this topic, go back to page 2 for the analysis of alchemist, hold and myself and page 3 for Scott's contribution. But be prepared for some rage, disappointment and frightening numbers...

This event is like the god event. You earn frags to collect souls. Such souls will give you frags to special Samourai eddie. This event is taking during 2 week-ends not only one. Which means that normally you can earn at least a character without spending ironite in the shop. but if you want all of them, you will have to. but there is a sacrifice event which I think will allow to earn lots of frags (like for the god event).

Symbiote
11-02-2018, 02:46 PM
To be honest, shortly after the sacrifice event I thought about making a donation again after a long time. But the prices here make you sick. 20 € for 675 Ironite? But you couldn't even buy 10 event souls (which is not recommended anyway) and at the last heavy grinding events the 675 Ironite (= 4.5 mega refills) are gone faster than you can see. Not a trace of really long-term valuable investments. Sooner or later investors and product placement may become necessary after all, I fear...

The prices are sick..,
Really.., really.., SICK!

That's the reason i will NEVER give them money.., i'm not rich.., even if i would be.,
I spend my money to developers who are FOR the players or users of their game/software..,

I can buy a game.., A FULL GAME for 20-30 Euros on Steam or something without ingame payments.., and have MUCH more than this what they are trying here to do.., and the developers of this games can live from this.., because they do a great job what makes players happy.., and happy players will buy the game or tell other gamers..,

Or i use a software which is COMPLETELY free, and a spent some time ago money, becauce i LOVE this software and used it over 7 years for FREE.., and could learn things i would never had the chance for..,
THAT'S what i call humanity!

But even i love this game here.., what they are doing with it.., is in my eyes destroying it and it feels like they WANT that their players leave..,

no.., 200€ for virtual stuff.., this is SICK...

For me it is like others said..,
The one moment i really think, yeah you did a nice job here, maybe now you will do it better NF..,
and in the next moment you feel the pain in your face because you realize how naive you was...

blade685
11-02-2018, 02:48 PM
2 refill = 0 frag or special items in lol, GG NF for your work on the game :)
I don't know if many old players will play in 2019 with that NF team....MONEY is the only word in them mind

kgk56
11-02-2018, 02:50 PM
This event is like the god event. You earn frags to collect souls. Such souls will give you frags to special Samourai eddie. This event is taking during 2 week-ends not only one. Which means that normally you can earn at least a character without spending ironite in the shop. but if you want all of them, you will have to. but there is a sacrifice event which I think will allow to earn lots of frags (like for the god event).

But we don't need 2 weeks to finish the challenges of this events (2 days are enough) and I don't think we will find more souls after : I already used 13 souls (yes I buy the mega pack) & didn't get valuable players. So I don't think - or you are extremly lucky like Stormseye (Shinobi) or HuckFinn150 (Emperor) - that we can at least earn a character. About the sacrifice, it won't be like the Gods event who lasted 2 months, the frags won't be related to the samourais.

Please note that after the conclusion of this event, collecting more Wanderer, Shogun and Musashi Soul Fragments will not be possible, but any extras you have can be converted to Precious Soul Fragments.

kgk56
11-02-2018, 02:51 PM
2 refill = 0 frag or special items in lol, GG NF for your work on the game :)
I don't know if many old players will play in 2019 with that NF team....MONEY is the only word in them mind

There won't be frags in LOL : only common souls and red runes

Symbiote
11-02-2018, 02:52 PM

I don't think so. Only 7 days.

"Please note that after the conclusion of this event, collecting more Wanderer, Shogun and Musashi Soul Fragments will not be possible, but any extras you have can be converted to Precious Soul Fragments."

Blade
11-02-2018, 02:54 PM

I wish you were right... but I'm afraid not.
1. the event goes until 9.11., so Friday in a week
2. there is no way to get more than the 10 souls (except in the shop)
3. whether other events in this month are related to the current event is unknown. Then it would be included in the event description I think.
There is some hope that the Fragment Event will be about Wanderer fragments instead of Lilith and a new event character (Magus Shinobi is missing by now, or?). The same is true for the sacrificial event. Only I don't believe in it.

blade685
11-02-2018, 02:57 PM
There won't be frags in LOL : only common souls and red runes

My mistake i have 50 ridiculous fragments from my ten LOL battles ^^

GotN
11-02-2018, 02:58 PM
Congrats NF, you mucked it up one more time!! Another veteran brother has left, only because you don’t get your jaws full!!

Hold, my friend, I agree with everything you say! And ofc with all the others, Alchemist, Scott, Blade, too. I’m also going very strong this direction. Have no fun playing any more atm. As a sign I have deleted the character counter in my signature, the main thing for me I was playing for (yeah I know, who cares, devs definitely don’t, but for me it is a step towards the end). Just auto-farm troopers on powerslave, cause I won’t spent any money in this game and I’m sure I wouldn’t get any event character from the free souls, so why even try. Did much too often and was only disappointed. Totally understand your decision Hold, it’s just frustrating, but I hope you think it over again :(

kgk56
11-02-2018, 03:00 PM
I wish you were right... but I'm afraid not.
1. the event goes until 9.11., so Friday in a week
2. there is no way to get more than the 10 souls (except in the shop)
3. whether other events in this month are related to the current event is unknown. Then it would be included in the event description I think.
There is some hope that the Fragment Event will be about Wanderer fragments instead of Lilith and a new event character (Magus Shinobi is missing by now, or?). The same is true for the sacrificial event. Only I don't believe in it.

I think that some want to believe
I personnaly don't

blade685
11-02-2018, 03:00 PM
Congrats NF, you mucked it up one more time!! Another veteran brother has left, only because you don’t get your jaws full!!

Hold, my friend, I agree with everything you say! And ofc with all the others, Alchemist, Scott, Blade, too. I’m also going very strong this direction. Have no fun playing any more atm. As a sign I have deleted the character counter in my signature, the main thing for me I was playing for (yeah I know, who cares, devs definitely don’t, but for me it is a step towards the end). Just auto-farm troopers on powerslave, cause I won’t spent any money in this game and I’m sure I wouldn’t get any event character from the free souls, so why even try. Did much too often and was only disappointed. Totally understand your decision Hold, it’s just frustrating, but I hope you think it over again :(

+1000 thanks NF one more time for your work, you will lose all good players that maintain the game alive but you don't or want understand anything to the future end of the game :mad:

xxxphantomfreakxxx
11-02-2018, 03:18 PM
You need to be clear here.
10 Souls earned throughout the whole Blade of the Samurai Event...each soul claimed grants 10 Shogun and Musashi Soul Fragments...that's 100 fragments total...well short of the 500 & 750 fragments needed to guarantee those characters.

THEN you add and I quote "Please note that after the conclusion of this event, collecting more Wanderer, Shogun and Musashi Soul Fragments will not be possible, but any extras you have can be converted to Precious Soul Fragments."

SO..to be perfectly clear for us to earn the fragments need for Samurai Emperor Eddie and Musashi we then have to throw down cold hard earned cash for Ironite to get the 10 soul bundles in order to GET this two characters ?

OR..like the Gods Of Powerslave there will be other ways throughout the month to earn the 500 and 750 fragments needed ?

blade685
11-02-2018, 03:25 PM
You need to be clear here.
10 Souls earned throughout the whole Blade of the Samurai Event...each soul claimed grants 10 Shogun and Musashi Soul Fragments...that's 100 fragments total...well short of the 500 & 750 fragments needed to guarantee those characters.

THEN you add and I quote "Please note that after the conclusion of this event, collecting more Wanderer, Shogun and Musashi Soul Fragments will not be possible, but any extras you have can be converted to Precious Soul Fragments."

SO..to be perfectly clear for us to earn the fragments need for Samurai Emperor Eddie and Musashi when then have to throw down cold hard earned cash for Ironite to get the 10 soul bundles in order to GET this two characters ?

OR..like the Gods Of Powerslave there will be other ways throughout the month to earn the 500 and 750 fragments needed ?

They didn't give us any answers to the good questions it will not change i think but for your question perhaps ( it is not a fraud like souls drop chance ) :)

scott-5496
11-02-2018, 03:27 PM
It is all so sadly downbeat on here last wee while! Kind of sad isn't it? I just wish we could get some more postivity around here but we are not getting a lot to be postive about - hence my mini 'rant' earlier. I have spent so much time with this game but I just think it is all going a bit downhill and fast - far too many new characters I think - one or two a month maybe at most but not the spamming we are seeing at the moment - it is overkill I think.

New content does not make much money for the devs or we would get more of that - I even spent ironite on Mask event coz it was new and a really quite decent event. Same with the last sac event - that worked great with no real downpoints - very little RNG to deal with so we were all mostly happy players!

As I said before we need new stuff to keep us interested - we need character changes in the old worlds - new limited time environments like Mask, new missions and challenges. I cannot believe these things are hard to set up or time consuming to do. Or just add new levels to the old worlds so we have a new challenge in PVE.

Dont get me wrong I love lots about the game - I like to get new characters and all of that stuff (I did get the medic shinobi today from a legendary) but we need to have new things to do - even in the old worlds, anything that keeps old players interested would be welcomed.

Night City has been a long running joke of sorts - I hope they never use this approach again as it back fired badly and was just an easy stick to hit the devs with.....I am worried we will be over that within a week of opening - I may be wrong but you just have to wonder? BNW lost it's shine for me pretty quick - not played it for many weeks, maybe months! LOL gets played only when I need to, PVE to do troopers on auto, and now arena on auto as I might as well as my playing often makes little difference to the outcome even with a lot of relics etc etc.......trying to saty optimistic as there is a lot to like about the game, the devs try, they communicate etc so there is some hope if Iron Maiden Holdings see it as worthwhile to keep open.

It has to mean more characters every week/month but they have to hold onto what they have and that is the hardcore players who have been here for ages - never mind the new guys coming in over the last few months who may well have lots of stuff to do - us oldeis dont and what we are given is not a real challenge as RNG is no challenge - it is what it is in most cases luck that is maybe helped a bit by having the right team and relics, tallies - as I said before I can get whiped by a team and then whip them the next game - that to me is like a coin flip more than anything else especially when you are in the top 100-200 or so in arena so I think that in some way needs to be fixed over time - the balance of the arena needs to be looked at I think.

Fingers crossed we can see more happy posts on here over the next month or two - January is coming so hopefully we can turn a new page on here........

hold
11-02-2018, 04:15 PM

Not before Night City comes out and I am liking the idea more and more to "free" me and throw everything into the pit. For now I uninstalled the thing.

Here are some more numbers to think about:

- During the Phantom Ed event I did not only spend 4000 ironite but also opened close to 80 legendary souls. Combined I got no Phantom Ed (came through a warrior soul as I said) and no Madam. Count was impossible to get through legendary.
- Today to waste the rest of my gold I opened souls for over 4 million. I think 250 G/A, 50 Warrior, 50 Sentinel, 6 Gunner, 6 Assassin, 1 Legendary Assassin, 1 Legendary Warrior and for the rest just rare souls - I think I threw roughly 350 rare souls of all colors into the book. I got 1 - in numbers ONE - Shinobi and it was the green one.

As great as the pumpkin event was and I got plenty of skillshards as well - all that stuff is completely useless. The high value chars don't jump out of the rare / legendary souls and if my chars are sharded or not doesn't make a difference in Gauntlet right now as it depends on the coin toss in higher levels. So the one mode that they could have really rewarded players that put effort in strategy they made about RNG again PLUS over the long term you need the newest powerful chars otherwise you will fall behind. So much potential and so little brainpower put into how to keep players happy.

It's not like new players haven't to catch up with a lot of shit anyways. So they could give older players easily a break once in a while with events they just can skip without falling behind. But no - faster and faster and more chars and drain resources and more and parallel events and and and ... I am sick and really tired of that. I actually was hoping the Samurai Ed is one of those events to have a break and whoever does not have him - here is your chance. NOPE! They recycled an Ed and made it next to impossible to get! You %/§$%§%&!

There are soooo many chars right now that the devs could easily balance the game more instead of more and more chars. Shaolin said if you give everyone the high power tools they are in every setup (Hallowed Ed). I have to disagree because it only shows that the devs are not capable of balance the game accordingly. Wen don't need more powerful chars - we need more counter possibilities - but not with overpowered chars and talismans but where you have to use your brain to counter.

I repeat myself that (despite the hours of swiping left) I really enjoyed Gauntlet 1 - fair fights and with the right allies you made it very far ... Season 2 is complete utter shite fully based on luck who wins the coin toss - if you have to fight the usual suspects over and over again. It amazes me how stupid one must be to destroy a really good mode in such a short time. Especially they must know how long it takes to set up a team due to very poor management possibilities within the client and you get bum f*cked by an unfair setup in 30 seconds - not frustrating at all.

They haven't got it in over 2 years and they won't get it ... I start over - they know exactly what they are doing but have no intention to change it.

@Yup: I remember a little scuffle with you when you called me about all this negativity and so on. I was in since day 1 you were fairly new. Now you know - things have changed, haven't they? No hard feelings though - do the same like me - have a break and uninstalling felt really really good today ;)

natasar
11-02-2018, 04:22 PM
So now we have four characters (Daedalus, Redan, Duke, Musashi) in less than three months, I guess, that will only be featured "occasionally" in heroic souls and one other char ("Limited Edition" Samurai Emperor Eddie) where it is very unclear if and how it will be available again (nothing mentioned in the post above, however, in-game it says "After the conclusion he will be much more difficult to obtain", which at least makes me hop that he will indeed be made obtainable again in some way, since "much more difficiult" is at least not "impossible").

Given the RNG numbers and the fact that there are always two five-star characters in the heroic souls rotation, you will need (statistically) around 200 heroic souls to obtain one of these characters. I highly doubt that the ordinary player will be able to get that many heroic souls in a month. So, if you add one of these "heroic-souls-only chars" every month, there is just now way to ever even come close to a complete collection. As others have said – very sad direction this is heading to...

HuckFinn150
11-02-2018, 05:39 PM
I started playing in February and found I couldn't compete unless I either played full time (4+ hours a day) it bought into the store to become better. I didn't have the time, do I broke my own time and attached my credit card to Google play. The process are very high and not really with it, but I've since spent more than I ever intended to. I've never until Sunday this week gotten Samurai Eddie. I don't have a surplus of skill shards and I bought ironite to get Emporor. To me he's the fully sharded samurai I never was able to get.
We need new worlds badly. So I do is play powerslave for my troopers. There's no longer anything I want in the trooper store and I don't play the other worlds due to the price to get in and battle. Most of my roster is toons from the first 2 levels and non competitive, even maxed out. There has to be need toons to drop to give something worth fighting for. As of now I'm a collector of unique digital items. I don't even play the majority of my roster as they are not good enough anymore.
I see the frustration in the game, but it's just a game we choose to play it not. Right now I want to play, but it's only a chore. I don't call auto playing, playing. It's no longer enjoyable enough for me to play manually. Plus, the time required keeps one from really playing...

Amarthir
11-02-2018, 07:04 PM
You could just be me and wait for them to arrive in heroic souls lol. When I see these new events featuring new characters, most of the time I say f*ck em. All the Shinobi are normal 4* characters that show up anywhere, Emperor Samurai Eddie isn't worth getting, and Musashi is just another fun sounding character who will eventually be in heroic souls. Well hey the longer we wait the more heroic souls we'll have saved so there's no real need to spend money at all in these events unless you're so obsessed that you want the character NOW.

To be honest, I don't care about this game. This game is an app, like a hundred others that's designed to waste your time when you have nothing better to do. Literally every app ever has bad rng and a huge load of in app purchases that's all designed to make you spend money in order to advance faster. Ever play Marvel Future Fight? There are characters that you literally HAVE to pay for if you want them. Be glad that it's not the case for this game.

Course it's not like anything I say matters to some of you. It's alot more comfortable living in your negative world that revolves around finding faults over petty shit. Maybe you SHOULD quit. It's not like the game is gonna die without you. It would likely be better off with a little bit less negativity on here. Spartan probably quit instead of being fired because he couldn't handle the rancid garbage that the small portion of the player base spits out at any waking hour.

ericgallucci
11-02-2018, 07:34 PM
So back to the event... Blinding burns are only from Flash talismans and Storms fury? I suppose Daedalus could given his passive if you are lucky enough to have him

Muzzleloader
11-02-2018, 07:37 PM
Huckfinn, you could always take the lesser grade toons and try and play against the harder levels of the game. Try and play the first years toons and talis against underworld madness for a challenge. BNW without all the OP toons and talis is a real challenge. You can always make it a challenge if you just are trying to waste time.

Yup
11-02-2018, 08:37 PM
The ONLY positive thing regarding development I can state is that it is a good thing that the Skull guests are now dropping more rare talismans.... actually got a Trinity Talisman drop yesterday from a Skull Quest. So, I don't even need to hit 200 wins to get the 2 set.

I am absolutely, completely disheartened that EVERY event is now a money-grubbing greed event from the developers. CLEARLY.

The ONLY reason I pulled ANYTHING decent from the Halloween event (Phantom Ed) is because I broke down and bought 10 souls. If I hadn't of done that.. I'd have been left with only 3 star drops. Seriously.. haven't see a 5 star drop in weeks.. and 4 stars are ALWAYS the same and very, very, very rare themselves. It's as if the odds have gotten WORSE. which they have .. that's what every new influx of charters causes.

I've essentially stopped all spending for weeks. There's no point to it. Prices are ridiculously high for VAPORWARE, even if I can afford the pricing. But really.. I've started to feel it's all borderline FRAUD to have in-app purchases that continually give you the same shit dupes over and over and over and over.

HuckFinn150
11-02-2018, 09:45 PM
I do play them until I see it's futile. I mean the corrupt owl cultist is about useless. He gets killed by the first good hot from the opposing team. I've tried multiple talismans combos and still he's too weak. The same goes for many others. I just keep them because they are cool. I only play FotD, warrior, assassin valkerie Hunter and Wickerman. The others I rotate DDE.

DoctorEly
11-02-2018, 11:14 PM
The concept of reskinning and retooling Eddies is neat! It makes me wonder if Stranger in a Strange Land Eddie will be a retool of Cyborg, with a unique passive...

Stormseye
11-02-2018, 11:46 PM
I must say the fact that no shards are dropping from this event as opposed to all the others is a let down. I've already finished two of the last three challenges with only blinding to go and dropped 300 Ironite on big refills. Hope this is not a the trend going forward on character events.

Rain88
11-03-2018, 01:34 AM
Every month, NF seem to break the record of number of newly introduced toons. I get that they need to make money from new toons but they dont need to introduce that many

So back to the event... Blinding burns are only from Flash talismans and Storms fury? I suppose Daedalus could given his passive if you are lucky enough to have him

As far as i know yes. I'm trying with the assassin newborn with flash but barely getting any. Maybe assassin pyro solider will be better as he have perfect hit as passive and deals damage to all enemies... or maybe flash+counter on the gunner desert marauder although he deals damage to one target only

Muzzleloader
11-03-2018, 02:30 AM
Try using flash on any multi hitter with assassin pyro soldier for the perfect hits to trigger flashes burns. Also if you have nightmare talisman use them on the same team as the pyro soldier, they also need perfect hits to trigger sleep.

I am using phantom Eddie with nightmare/necropolis for sleep/reduce max HP. Storm Eddie would work.
Madam for sleep skill with any talis
Sekmet with nightmare/Necropolis. Any multi hitter will work.
Assassin pyro soldier for the perfect t hit passive, gunner desert marauder.

After 80 runs on LoL X, I am done with max HP down, getting about 12 blinding burns per battle and about 9 sleeps per battle. If you run powerslave or AMoLoD you could get more per battle.

Wyphy
11-03-2018, 03:31 AM
From the opening post about the event:

"From now until November 9th 4 PM PT, battle in the Lord of Light to earn Wanderer Soul Fragments, Frontier Coins and more!"

and

"We’ll be running 2 all-dungeon weekends in the Lord of Light to help you reach these goals!"

Is warrior LoL not open for you right now?

My mistake; missed it in the post, then I saw it today when I read the email.

druid138
11-03-2018, 05:12 PM
Leviathan and/or Kaz,

Regarding Samurai Emperor Eddie, the in-game news feed says that he is "only available in the Wanderer Soul and after the event ends, he will be much more difficult to obtain, as he won't be featured in any other soul."

Could you please provide any additional details on how he might be obtainable in the future? I'm not aware of any other character who has been in this situation. Even the Beast was featured in an Anniversary Soul . . .

rags-6094
11-04-2018, 07:30 AM
I just played a team in the arena I think the name was Akori ? Anyway this team featured every current event character.
Is that even possible that someone has already acquired every new character and assembled a team high enough in the arena for me to see them? Ok I should add this was only my second arena battle since reset hours earlier so I was levelled at 535 or something but having a Japanese Samurai style name and all?...... come on really?

This smells of Devs input to me!

Muzzleloader
11-04-2018, 12:42 PM
Or money spent.

Ip4
11-04-2018, 05:24 PM
19 event souls and no red eyes,fuck this type of events...

Deano82
11-04-2018, 05:50 PM
Finally my first ever event character dropped...got the ibuki gunner ranger

Fight4life
11-05-2018, 12:26 AM
19 event souls and no red eyes,fuck this type of events...
Don’t know if it helps or if it’s just me, but I usually burn off 10-20 common souls, before using rares or event souls.
It seems that the red eyes sometimes comes after 10-25 souls, so I try to maximise the chance by using as many common souls as possible without red eyes, and if 15-20 haven’t provided red eyes, chances are bigger for the next to be red eyes, so instead of burning 20 event souls in a row (or common, G/A etc) I do it with commons and then fill in with rares afterwards.
For this event it has given me the Shinobi girls, a POM-Eddie and a clansman. The Eddies where dupes..

DanielRacy
11-05-2018, 03:02 AM
Just got the Warrior one, forgot her name. That's the first time I got an event character out of an event soul. I got Phantom and Madam during that event, but out of Rare Souls. 7 event souls this time btw.

Yup
11-05-2018, 03:30 AM
I just played a team in the arena I think the name was Akori ? Anyway this team featured every current event character.
Is that even possible that someone has already acquired every new character and assembled a team high enough in the arena for me to see them? Ok I should add this was only my second arena battle since reset hours earlier so I was levelled at 535 or something but having a Japanese Samurai style name and all?...... come on really?

PAY to win, bud. PAY to win

thealchemist
11-05-2018, 05:56 AM

I saw that team too. Seeing how the two 5* characters can be earned with fragments via event souls, like Yup has said a team like that can be purchased to some degree. I mean I could if I REALLY wanted to, buy enough event souls with the ironite I have and purchase some extra ironite, to guarantee both Musashi and S.E Eddie but to me that would be a waste. I already got Koku? (the assassin shinobi) through my first event soul too so getting another 4* Shinobi to assemble such a team is more than possible. Dickinsonman also had a team of the "new" Eddie, Musashi and a Shinobi so that's two players with both 5* characters and I would expect there to be more.

I'm still running a Beast Eddie with no talismans and a team of pumpkins as my defense though so that shows how much I care for my arena rank. These new characters will probably be useful for Gauntlet but thats about it...

rags-6094
11-05-2018, 07:10 AM
Whoa guys! There's a lotta food for thought in the words I've read in the past 7 pages of this thread.
All of you have good points and I think some negativity is unavoidable, Its no secret the majority of us are collectors, but I just think Amarthir has a good point, whether you do what's required or buy those extra souls, at the saturating rate new characters are being added I reckon if you plan to stick around just accept you simply will not get every soul for your collection, or at least not in the timely manor you might prefer.
I finely gave up on that after the previous two events with 6 new souls. I did end up getting the latest Ed still so fresh he only has a hand full of skill shards so far (Phantom Ed that is).
As time goes on most of the originals in our collections will become useless except for the odd Eddie or character like Alchemist that gets a tweak, so the idea of placing the latest character up for grabs in the heroic souls while good is still mighty small odds as said earlier in this thread and by the time you do acquire it how valuable will it be against the latest thing?
Muzzleloader had a good idea setting your own goals with ancient characters I like that.
My goal is to get all my Eddies sharded and start on a few of my ally's that I still should really skill shard you know like ACOTD, Etc... still a possible help in Gauntlet but not this fortnight...
But I guess my main point would be set your own pace, try not to be sucked in, I've reached the point now I'm just gonna have to choose which ones I want to be a part of and it probably won't align with the latest event.
If you really like the game then there's enough content to vary it from week to week so it's not mindlessly boring.
How many of you have a crap load of awesome talisman you just don't seem to be able to power up for lack of evolve talisman or something, because the next big event prevents you?
I don't plan on going anywhere and I'm basically an original player, if I leave this what then, f***ing candy crush or something? I don't do PS4 or X-box so only other thing is house work and I don't want more house work!!
Hold is doing the smart thing walking away for a period, if he likes what he see's when he returns he might come back,
I think all of us need a break from it really, particularly if you've been around for the past 2+years but maybe small breaks a day here a day there a week off it completely, perhaps if we do that then the shock of RNG and the monoteny of it all would not be quite so bad...?
If you can survive the pay for this pay for that routine in LOTB then what an awesome thing it will be to say you are an original in a few more years!

Banished
11-05-2018, 09:58 AM
Whoa guys! There's a lotta food for thought in the words I've read in the past 7 pages of this thread.
All of you have good points and I think some negativity is unavoidable, Its no secret the majority of us are collectors, but I just think Amarthir has a good point, whether you do what's required or buy those extra souls, at the saturating rate new characters are being added I reckon if you plan to stick around just accept you simply will not get every soul for your collection, or at least not in the timely manor you might prefer.
I finely gave up on that after the previous two events with 6 new souls. I did end up getting the latest Ed still so fresh he only has a hand full of skill shards so far (Phantom Ed that is).
As time goes on most of the originals in our collections will become useless except for the odd Eddie or character like Alchemist that gets a tweak, so the idea of placing the latest character up for grabs in the heroic souls while good is still mighty small odds as said earlier in this thread and by the time you do acquire it how valuable will it be against the latest thing?
Muzzleloader had a good idea setting your own goals with ancient characters I like that.
My goal is to get all my Eddies sharded and start on a few of my ally's that I still should really skill shard you know like ACOTD, Etc... still a possible help in Gauntlet but not this fortnight...
But I guess my main point would be set your own pace, try not to be sucked in, I've reached the point now I'm just gonna have to choose which ones I want to be a part of and it probably won't align with the latest event.
If you really like the game then there's enough content to vary it from week to week so it's not mindlessly boring.
How many of you have a crap load of awesome talisman you just don't seem to be able to power up for lack of evolve talisman or something, because the next big event prevents you?
I don't plan on going anywhere and I'm basically an original player, if I leave this what then, f***ing candy crush or something? I don't do PS4 or X-box so only other thing is house work and I don't want more house work!!
Hold is doing the smart thing walking away for a period, if he likes what he see's when he returns he might come back,
I think all of us need a break from it really, particularly if you've been around for the past 2+years but maybe small breaks a day here a day there a week off it completely, perhaps if we do that then the shock of RNG and the monoteny of it all would not be quite so bad...?
If you can survive the pay for this pay for that routine in LOTB then what an awesome thing it will be to say you are an original in a few more years!

I like your post and I agree with you. At the moment, I did almost all events. And I cannot follow with the shards/runes/skill shards. I obtained new characters but only use my clansman eddie in PVP as he is the only fully sharded and I get used to it. And time to time other eddies in gauntlet but it is very difficult when they are not fully sharded, same goes for other characters... this is why I try not to spend ironite especially for the current event which is doable without using ironite. If I don't get the special characters, it's fine.

Olevipoeg
11-05-2018, 02:05 PM
I pretend this event never happend. :) Another unfinished bunch of fragments...

Knut-3112
11-05-2018, 02:14 PM
Another one of the events that I don't like. I have never got any featured character from an event soul ever and I'm 100% sure this will be no different. However, this time we have the option of getting the 2 characters through fragments after opening enough event souls.
Actually, I do have the required amount of ironite (over 5900) because I was mostly saving it from the start (from normal playing, never spent real money on ironite).

What do you think, is it actually worth burning almost all of the saved ironite for these 2 characters?
Or maybe better keep it?

It's no longer enjoyable enough for me to play manually.

This is the biggest problem with the game right now. The Night City is about to be released, however, so I hope it'll be worth the wait. Apart from that, Gauntlet is cool to play manually but the my team / talisman selection screen needs to be redesigned 'cause it takes longer to set your team up than the actual battle.

Muzzleloader
11-05-2018, 03:03 PM
I am not an original player, but have been playing since last summer. When I started VHE rules, while Pharoah and Visions were also top eddies. We didn't have auto play for easy grinding or all the crazy talisman. The newer players dont know how hard it was to clear all the worlds. With a few lucky red eyes you can almost clear the entire game except for the newer events. The game has radically changed even from when I started playing.

Until the last few months I was trying to evolve all character without much sharding, still have about 35 toons to go except the rare or new toons With all the recent events I cant even do that anymore. As it has been previously stated it is going to become a pick and choose which evenly to participate in without purchasing ironite.

The game has always been pay to be the best, such as purchasing SoW to become arena champ or top players. The arena has been said it is broke, some really enjoy the challenge others are just frustrated. The gauntlet has been a very good addition. The newer players cant compete since they dont have the deep roster that many have aquired and sharded over time. The top tiers can be frustrating with the coin toss or unpredictable talis on opponents.

I believe the overall scheme of the game has changed, I believe for the worst. It has become, acquire all new additions or feel like being left behind. The game has become one of instant gratification and less long term playing to acquire the precious resources. It's hard to evolve and fully shard the new 5oons before another round comes out.

A year ago how many players could easily auto beat NotB? When BNW came out how many could auto in less than a few minutes with multiple teams. I am losing interest in the overall game. As I was trying to evolve my toons, it's nice to see how far you can get with undead soldiiers or possessed mines with the old talisman, now that can be a real challenge.

This isn't a rant just some rambling thoughts. I still enjoy the game, it's just changed. I am no longer worried about getting the new additions, just trying to enjoy wasting some time.

Yup
11-05-2018, 03:14 PM
It would be so cool if events actually dropped event characters... rather than this grind, grind, grind for LESS than a 1% chance of MAYBE pulling a character... or spend $200 (or more) to get a character.

It appears that devs are so damn worried that hardcore players will get everything, that they've made it impossible for casual players to get anything.

Muzzleloader
11-05-2018, 04:07 PM
The lilith frag drops are a nice way of character addition. Even if the RNG was erratic for some, including myself. The god event was wisely done. You may earn them, but a way to acquire them if the grinding didn't work. The beast event was poorly thought out for the players.

The purchase only talisman is a nice way to go. For a while you get a definite benefit with the purchase, but will be available to all in a few weeks/months.

The last pumpkin sac event was a good event overall. The possible downside it definetly gave a huge advantage to long term players with hoards of resources and time to get carpal tunnels.

The continuous grind events are taking to much time to enjoy the game. The lowering of arena wins was a definite plus for many, which for those unable to finish the talisman can drop in the skull quests.

I know everyone cant be pleased about all events, but NF has done many positive approaches to them. We know the events are a money making scheme. How hard of a grind should an event be to reward dedicated players without giving everyone the end reward? The last dungeon event was a challenge at first, but became a grind after some time. Trying to beat the levels was a real challenge and may I say enjoyable to many.

Yup
11-05-2018, 04:32 PM
Lilith frag drops???

I've not see a SINGLE Lilith frag this entire event. Or are you referring to previous events?

Muzzleloader
11-05-2018, 04:34 PM
Previous events, sorry for the confusion.

Fudjo
11-05-2018, 04:42 PM
The lilith frag drops are a nice way of character addition. Even if the RNG was erratic for some, including myself. The god event was wisely done. You may earn them, but a way to acquire them if the grinding didn't work. The beast event was poorly thought out for the players.

Agreed. The Gods of Powerslave series of events was great. Samurai Emperor Eddie would be a great candidate for the Frontier Shop, IMO.

Yup
11-05-2018, 05:22 PM
Actually if NF gave a damn about player satisfaction.. frags for the Emperor Ed and the Assassin character would be dropping in LOL because there's no way to get those characters other than sheer 0.07% luck or spending massive amounts of money. The prices are just ludicrous.

HuckFinn150
11-05-2018, 05:48 PM
Agreed, prices are outrageous for digital content.

edsel
11-05-2018, 07:37 PM
Musashi is cool but hard to get for now until Heroic souls get him in rotation. What is the appeal for the new fury-less Eddie if you already have a maxed sharded Samurai? I have the Gunner and Assassin chicks and they are very cool with new skills. But the new trend of making Eddies without a fury is junk. Eddies without a fury are not worthy of being in my roster, I really love watching the show when the fury button sets him loose. One of the highlights of playing.

Tim28213
11-05-2018, 08:30 PM
One of the things I really like about running Alexander Eddie is the lack of fury. I can pair him up with a character that has fury like Ra or Goddess Aset etc... and not have to wonder which fury will fire each round when running auto play.

Yup
11-06-2018, 01:44 AM
One of the things I really like about running Alexander Eddie is the lack of fury. I can pair him up with a character that has fury like Ra or Goddess Aset etc... and not have to wonder which fury will fire each round when running auto play.

Agree there. Not having the fury CAN be beneficial.

Banished
11-06-2018, 08:30 AM
End of event for me. Received with the 10 souls:
Golden son
Magus corrupt droid (my third one)
and for a while a character event: Koku, shinobi bandit (assassin). Good for me because I don't have that much assassin for gauntlet.

blade685
11-06-2018, 10:37 PM
only shit 3* here and 1 or 2 4* dupe like always :)

desprezo
11-07-2018, 10:47 AM
Still have 5 more souls to open, so far two girls, warrior and assassin. I'll open the rest during the next sac event.

kgk56
11-07-2018, 11:14 AM
I got (with the 10 free souls and 4 mega-packs) 2 Samourais Emperor, Ibuki, Kurenai & Ichiyo. Will wait for Musashi & Koku.

Ip4
11-07-2018, 12:14 PM
zero event characters this time...

Moonchild-6759
11-07-2018, 12:35 PM
No event character for me either.

I believe there is a serious problem with the fact that they release a limited time EDDIE. The other i do not care about.

Being the top in Gauntlet (finished 11 last week - too low on ironite to repeat it this week). Every eddie is essential. And it will simply not be possible to be in the top without paying real money to ensure you get the new limited time eddie.

See at that point it turns into pure pay to win. So far i have played this game not spending a penny. That wont work now.

Yup
11-07-2018, 09:26 PM
....with the 10 free souls and 4 mega-packs

They LOVE players who spend that much for characters they will probably never use a week after the event. Good job!

I refuse to spend... with naturally accumulated resources, thus far I've pull the Assassin Hellraiser, and the Sentinel Japanese girl (whatever they are called). I have about 100 more Blinding burns to inflict before pulling my last 3 Wanderer Souls. And there's no telling if I'll hit 200 more frags for a second gangland soul - let alone another 400 for the soul of my choice.

Casual players are left in the dust with these events. They are geared specifically so hardcore players spend as much resources and MONEY as they can get them to spend.

kgk56
11-08-2018, 09:38 AM
They LOVE players who spend that much for characters they will probably never use a week after the event. Good job!
of course... can you name any FREE economical system that actually work ?

Casual players are left in the dust with these events. They are geared specifically so hardcore players spend as much resources and MONEY as they can get them to spend.
You dare to call yourself a casual player ?

Yup
11-08-2018, 01:45 PM
Spending $100 for a 0.7% chance to get a character which has ZERO real world value is ridiculous. Ridiculous even if the $100 is no big deal to you. The prices in this "game" are abnormally HIGH for digital content, especially considering any purchases only give you a CHANCE of MAYBE getting what you are after. It may be different if you spent $100 and were GUARANTEED you'd get new digital content.

NF hasn't figured out that lowering prices would actually make them more money. They'd rather have 100 people spending $100 than 5,000 people spending $10 or 20,000 people spending $1.

You don't feel ripped off when someone who spends NOTHING gets the character immediately? NF gets your $100 for the same thing they give away. It's foolish.

And casual.... Not spending money on boosts and not falling for the Pay-to-Win aspect.

kgk56
11-08-2018, 02:54 PM
You didn't answer to the first question : name a free economic model that can work.

For the rest, I agreed with you (actually due to my weak physical condition, this game is my only pleasure so... )

WastingYears81
11-08-2018, 05:42 PM
This week feels like any goodwill generated from October has been lost - including from those who may have donated actual cash.

Earn 10 souls, but 'must' buy another 65 for 1 character that has no real world value I don't get - if you couod trade, sell or 'cash out' then the cost makes sense, but £100 for a chance at a digital toon that has no real value just seems like a pointless waste (but different players have different views and it's their money at the end of the day).

edsel
11-08-2018, 05:53 PM
... but £100 for a chance at a digital toon that has no real value just seems like a pointless waste (but different players have different views and it's their money at the end of the day).[/QUOTE]

Correction, at the end of the day it is NFs money from some players who buy event souls giving mostly 3star shit. I haven't bought any since I got burned law Xmas looking for coalgiver! Never again!!

Symbiote
11-08-2018, 06:41 PM
Hell yeah, i got Samurai Emperor Eddie... :O

I'm so happy.., i was chasing normal Samurai Eddie for sooo long..,
and i really wanted this one because i really like the look of him.

I threw in all 10 Wanderer Souls at once, short and sweet.., then bam.., red eyes.., and i hoped.., fingers crossed.., eyes closed.., xD
and when i looked again i saw this Eddie...
Damn! :D
No Musashi and i got Kokú, Shinboi Bandit and 8 3* dupes.

BUT i really don't like the fact, that it is still unclear if they will appear again in the game like all the other Characters.., because like others said the ingame News says, it will be a long time for another chance.., pls don't do things like characters where you will never get the chance again.., this really ISN'T a good way you should go except you WANT to lose your long time players who really love this game.., what's nowadays really hard to do...
This Thread only says Eddie and Musashi will ONLY be available in Wanderer Souls..,
or this thing with buy 65 other Souls to get Musashi for sure or 40 for Samurai.., REALLY?

NF please CHANGE your way how you commnunicate with your loyal Players..,

And to make money.., what would be with another way.., like something like 5 Euro per month, for 2x resources or something like this.., which maybe would give you MORE players who would buy it and it would be a more regular income for you.., instead of these overpriced things like 30-100 EUROS for some digital shit.., i can buy a FULL PRICE games for 5-15 Euros (with continoues Updates for free).., or AAA ones for 40-60 Euro..
I mean.., YOU will nothing lose if you would do some other ways for DIGITAL things..,

URock
11-08-2018, 06:48 PM
Every toon will come again at another event. They want us to believe that every new toon is a must have, so that we put money into the game.
I do only the minimum "work" to get everything new.
Don't waste your materials (SOT, SOW and Ironite)!!!

Symbiote
11-08-2018, 06:57 PM
You didn't answer to the first question : name a free economic model that can work.

For the rest, I agreed with you (actually due to my weak physical condition, this game is my only pleasure so... )

Do you know the 3D Software Blender?

It's free and Open Source.., some months ago i spent the first time after 6 years of learning it for FREE.
I spent money to support them and i wanted that little goodie what you get for this..,

Ok it had a hard way, but it worked and NOW it grows bigger and bigger and for years it can do things like all the big ones which costs thousands of dollars!
I never would had the chance to learn 3D if there weren't Human Beings like the one behind Blender..

I really LOVE this Software, imho it's the best free software out there in this whole world. :D
And with all the love from all the HAPPY users it could get that big like it's today.

Every toon will come again at another event. They want us to believe that every new toon is a must have, so that we put money into the game.
I do only the minimum "work" to get everything new.
Don't waste your materials (SOT, SOW and Ironite)!!!

You nailed it..,
And do not spend Money. ;)
Even if they need it to develope it.., but it seems that they only want the money.
They have a very evil way to earn money... :( Except they would change something, more human and more FOR the players..,
But the price tags for virtual things are just cruel...

Knut-3112
11-08-2018, 10:43 PM
Okay, call me stupid but I bought the additional mega-packs to obtain Samurai Emperor and Musashi. 5900 ironite in total. I didn't spend a dime on it because I had a big ironite reserve saved. Otherwise I'd never buy it with real money. Were these 2 chars worth it? Probably not, but I feel that I'm close to saying farewell to this game so just decided to make use of the remaining resources and have some fun with the new Japanese chars while I'm still here. Also pulled the 4 shinobi girls as a side effect of opening the 75 souls.

Anyway, these pay-to-win practices that we've seen lately are definitely not a good thing. Of course it's designed to make us spend. It's understandable that NF needs money to continue work on the game but the way it's done is very aggressive and, as was already said above, the prices are ridiculous. I mean, seriously, some items in the store like Ferryman's Tribute or Pharaoh's Treasure have insane prices. I can have both Grand Theft Auto 5 and The Witcher 3 for less money than each of these packs! And they're both top quality AAA games. Even if the prices in the store were 10 times lower, I'd still hesitate before buying anything. Seriously, NF, it's ridiculous, I don't know if you have many players that actually pay for this but if you lowered the prices then there might actually be more players willing to purchase some of the stuff. Shortly after I started playing in January this year, there was some pack (probably called Starter Pack) which offered a reasonable amount of goods for a really low price. I bought it. Then after 3 months or so, a similar thing popped up (which also offered Eddie I didn't have), also for a low price. Bought it as well. Since then such low price items never appeared again. All I see now is some overpriced garbage that I'll never buy. You can draw conclusions yourself. I feel that if the current P2W trend continues, more and more players will be leaving the game (which is already happening).

That said, the art of the new characters is great (I especially like the tattoos on the chicks). Good work from your GFX guys.
The game has great potential but I feel that you're just taking a wrong approach lately, like you're trying too hard to make players spend.
I wonder what Night City will bring...

Ok, this post is too long already... Signing off...

Knut

Patrice-1201
11-08-2018, 11:44 PM
Long but sadly accurate... why don’t they listen...

Blade
11-09-2018, 10:15 AM
I really appreciate your post, Knut! Amazing how you saved 5900 Ironite despite the growing demand for refills in the last events! As I am also a collector I can somewhat understand what you did there, if I had the Ironite I might have done the same.
Despite I play since almost the beginning, I also remember the starter pack and another really nice offer that I bought. Since then I did not spend more, as the prices are ridiculous (I fully agree with your comparison to GTA5 and the Witcher 3! Currently I enjoy Mad Max that I bought for 5€ - a bit repetitive but really a great game! For 5€...what do you get here for 5€?). The name for this business model is microtransactions, right? Micro! Not Makro! Once in a while there was a nice little offer like 300 Ironite for 2€ or something similar that I bought. Why is that one not available more often?
We will see what the future brings. I don't plan to spend money. I found good ways to be effective with the resources I have and it was always possible to participate in all parts of the game without buying Ironite. But things have changed and I am below 1k of Ironite for the first time since a long period. Some more breaks between events are needed so that the resources can recover. Nevertheless, if I see that it is not possible anymore to recover I will also quit.

Olevipoeg
11-09-2018, 10:50 AM
For me 10$ per month is absolute maximum I will spend. I understand NF needs money to operate and so I buy little things ( some cheap talisman set for example ) sometimes.

MetalKing
11-09-2018, 01:27 PM
Well I finished the event but no new characters. There is one positive thing about all the new characters; you have a higher chance now of pulling something that you don't have. I want to comment on the spending or not spending of real money on the game. To enhance my enjoyment of the game and to help support the company to keep this great game and community going, I plan to spend money. The price has to be right through. When the packs came out that included Alexander fragments I was excited-until I saw that it was going to cost $200 to get one character. I can buy several games for that price.

kgk56
11-09-2018, 02:41 PM
I spent money to support them and i wanted that little goodie what you get for this..,
but you did give money anyway (and we all want that little goodie)

I only asked : how many days, weeks, months or years a game can be supported by developpers without money or advertising ? do you want LotB with ads ? I personally don't

And I really don't like peoples who don't spend a dime on the game but who whine, complain or brag about bugs, small rewards, time consumming, high prices ... They spend nothing so I think they can't ask quality services.

And last but not the least, don't forget that NF must pay copyrights to Iron Maiden (and I'm pretty sure it's more than a dime).

thealchemist
11-10-2018, 02:16 AM
Got one more lot of red eyes from the remaining souls I had. Clansman though instead of either Samurai Emperor or Musashi, so much for increased odds. That 59% is still the more likely scenario...

Symbiote
11-10-2018, 02:44 PM
but you did give money anyway (and we all want that little goodie)

I only asked : how many days, weeks, months or years a game can be supported by developpers without money or advertising ? do you want LotB with ads ? I personally don't

And I really don't like peoples who don't spend a dime on the game but who whine, complain or brag about bugs, small rewards, time consumming, high prices ... They spend nothing so I think they can't ask quality services.

And last but not the least, don't forget that NF must pay copyrights to Iron Maiden (and I'm pretty sure it's more than a dime).

Yeah, it was the first time i spent some money, but you can't compare this with a game which is sooo overpriced for digital crap.., and i didn't pay for the goodie.., the goodie was an little "Thank you that you support us".
And i used this software for over 6 years before i spent anything.., it was free for so many years and will ever be..,
And if i had more money i would spend a monthly fee to support them more because they gave soooo many people a wonderful software to learn something were other companys want thousands of dollars..

Don't get me wrong, i really like this game, and i would spend money if they would do a better job..,
But how they try to get money isn't a good way to me..,
You should see why so many players are complaining..,

Because they don't give a shit on bugs, more and more bugs and other things but throw so much overprices pay to win crap after us.., and some people gave them money for this..,
The ones who aren't blind won't support this.., because the more the long time players get cheated the more will leave.., and then they will never get money again..,
If they would change something in their money milking business they could get more money in my eyes for less prices and could do better work on things which are more important than one character after another..,

Happy Players and fair prices = more money in my opinion.

At first there SHOULD BE QUALITY and THEN the Money. You know? But if we get more and more unpolished things.., people who aren't blind will not spend..,
And like i said, i play games.., which where free or only cost 5 Euros and are still in developing for more than 5-7 years!

HuckFinn150
11-10-2018, 03:01 PM
I never really play the arena much, aside from the occasional desire or event I'm interested in. My rank when I started playing and noticed I was around 10k. Now with no changes aside from becoming stronger in the game, I still play it the same. I'm now ranked around 2,000. I wonder how many have left the game quietly and how many are still playing? I can't see my rank going up if I don't apply myself to get it up. I might play an average of 10 arena battles a week.

Muzzleloader
11-10-2018, 05:17 PM
Huckfinn, why dont you play just to earn some IC. I know some people dont care for the arena, partially including myself. I just play above that SoW I dont use in the gauntlet. You can always buy Skill shards, relics which really help in the game or even talisman. I fought against lone Eddie's this week while earning 1 k IC for little effort.

HuckFinn150
11-10-2018, 06:01 PM
@Muzzleloader I lost interest when the primordial talismans and relics took over. My teams were too weak to be competitive. I dried to casual playing and it relieved a lot of unnecessary aggravation. I enjoy playing it in a passive aspect now. I have gotten some relics and iron come for talismans and other things. I like the gauntlet, but still need to build my roster more lol. I just lost interest in the arena very early in the game.

Ancient Mariner
11-10-2018, 11:32 PM
@Muzzleloader I lost interest when the primordial talismans and relics took over. My teams were too weak to be competitive. I dried to casual playing and it relieved a lot of unnecessary aggravation. I enjoy playing it in a passive aspect now. I have gotten some relics and iron come for talismans and other things. I like the gauntlet, but still need to build my roster more lol. I just lost interest in the arena very early in the game.

eventually everything gets balanced..

for example with the sacrifice event taking place right now, you can collect talismans which let you copy the beneficial effects (included golden ones) of the enemies.

The only problem is that the talisman sets which let you gain golden effects are mainly yellow and this makes them kind of a prerogative of gunner characters, while to be more balanced they should release talisman sets like this which can be equipped by chars of any class

HuckFinn150
11-10-2018, 11:59 PM
Agreed, I've found wats to deal with most of the talismans and aquired a few over time. I just never regained interest in the arena. I've been playing it today to burn some sow, but am waiting on gauntlet to reset. I like it for its new challenge and rewards.