PDA

View Full Version : Night City Speculations

AcesHigh189
11-04-2018, 07:38 AM
This thread is about what Night City could be and what we might see.

So what do we already know???

Story line
We know little about the storyline but we do know that the Alchemist is likely going to be filling in the role of the clairvoyant to continue the story after we see him appear after the Clairvoyants death. We also know that we have to battle this other boss thing that shattered Eddie's soul. If this is in Night City we don't know but likely we will see him. The Beast might also be reincarnated and might have to battle him again.

Rewards in Night City
Rewards will likely see new talismans (least 4 to 6 new ones), Non-coloured xp shards and maybe the addition of non-coloured runes. We will definitely see Evolution shards and runes and common souls. On the madness level, they might give legendary souls or frontier coins. I think that once you finished the normal level and clear the boss level if there is a boss you earn a 4-star killers Eddie.

What Night City will look like

https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4198&d=1515802844

We saw our sneak peek of Night City from the State-Nation 2018 post. It looks promising.

Characters
New characters like the ones from Maidens first 3 singles along with maybe older characters that will be recycled. This new world likely will only new characters.

Skull Quests
There should be a new addition of skull quests based on one of the levels in Night City. What the rewards from this Skull Quest will be we do not know.

Anything else
That it is definitely coming and that its been in the works for a long time. Should hopefully have no bugs as Rags said.

rags-6094
11-04-2018, 07:56 AM
Overdue is true but at least with all the extra time put into it one would expect it to flow cleanly and be relatively free of bugs.
It's probably nothing more than my imagination but on the few times I've gone back to look at the Night City World there seems to be a few lights flashing now more than when I first set eyes on it, almost like a battle is supposed to be taking place inside that building towards the front right building....

Mercifal
11-04-2018, 10:30 AM
I have a few assumptions, looking after previous conversations and discussions during some of the events:

1. Talismans: like AcesHigh said completely new, or those talismans that were previously available "exclusively".

2. Night City won't have available frontier coins as prizes. After all, it's an end game currency, so if it started giving FC as drop, you could certainly make a month (or not shorter) to earn money for the gods or Alexander Ed.

3. New skull quests. And that's where we could get listed above Frontier Coins. I once asked developers whether there will be a different, constant opportunity to receive currency, rather than by unpacking designated souls. The answer was "Probably, we're thinking over other ways to get Frontier Coins". Either we will be able to farm FC there, or in Silent Planet (my other guess).

4. New 4* and 5* characters. Looking at the design of the city, I do believe we are going to get new eternal-like boss / character, a demon, to be precised, one you can see at one of the Lotb game posters

What about the Samurai and bear like characters? I don't know, we might get them later this month, judging by the samurai / japanese theme of this month's events.

thealchemist
11-04-2018, 11:10 AM
I don't know what we can say for sure about Night City besides the little we have been told. Based on their early catalog and East London beginnings, and we can "collect" Killers Eddie through Night City. Just about everything else is up for speculation.

Personally I don't expect much or any continuation of the previous story. My take was it was a whole other story to be told.... It seems safe to say Killers Eddie will be an Assassin, seeing how "the bird" version is an assassin. It says we collect him but how will be key. Will it be like the rest of the cosmos worlds and earned by completing stages much like Wickerman and Soldier Eddie were earned? Or by collecting do they mean fragments of a soul and having to grind to get him? I hope its not the latter but the way the game has been recently I don't think its beyond the realms of possibility.

We've had some teasers already like Charlotte and Phantom Eddie. I think possibly The Madam and The Count could be characters we come up against in Night City. A "Twilight Zone" Eddie based on a form of a spirit could be another new character, likely tied to an event as a way to earn him? Plus I realised the upcoming fragment event is called Warring Gangs, maybe a character or two here could be upcoming enemies for Night City? Or I could be way off base haha.

There should be new Skull Quests, I am thinking perhaps frontier coins or similar could drop from these albeit in small quantities. I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say it will cost 6 SoT for Night City Madness too. New talismans make sense but but how many sets, I dunno. I hope there are lots and lots of 3* evo runes as those are damn hard to come by these days and we keep getting all these talismans from gauntlet and events and never enough evo runes to level them up!

I expect a few bugs, I remember what BNW was like at first with the middle wave with the Corrupt Rescuers and Droids causing hangs...
Also a step up in graphics much like the recent dungeon showed. New tunes as well which might be the best part!

Thing is with game development, ideas can change. That "samurai" looking character I think was an early interpretation of what the valkyries were going to look like and we ended up getting futuristic Anime type characters instead. That "Demoness" looking character could be possible though. But then is that an early version of an idea they had for Charlotte? All guesses really unless the devs wanna just come out and tell us (yeah right).

I better leave the speculation there otherwise I might be disappointed when it finally arrives :P

Yup
11-05-2018, 03:28 AM
Overdue is true but at least with all the extra time put into it one would expect it to flow cleanly and be relatively free of bugs..

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahhahhha.... gasp.... hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Thanks man.

dragonmat89
11-05-2018, 09:13 AM
I'd always imagined the Hellraiser/Trickster/Chopper chars were a preview of Night City - I wouldn't be surprised to see them pop up in lieu of new characters we haven't seen before. I've also presumed that the demoness character in a mini skirt on the artwork would be a Night City boss of some sort... (pleather doens't really fit in any of the other Cosmos worlds :P)

After all this time it would be amazing if we got a whole second chapter of the story showing Eddie and The Alchemist facing off against The Unmaker (if the name in the comic is cannon in game), with not just Night City but 3 other worlds on top to make a second 4-world chapter. Not holding out hopes for this though!

Dayton Maiden
11-06-2018, 01:33 AM
It was always pretty clear to me that Hellraiser/Trickster/Chopper were from Night City. With Night City being based on London, those characters are obviously demonic versions of London street thugs. Other than those 3, I can't see too many more basic baddies. When Brave New World finally came out, the only new basic enemy was that starfish thing. As for bosses, perhaps that demonic lady from the art posters mentioned above. Maybe Charlotte, as a boss turned ally, like the Prisoner or Allied General were in the story.

I expect a Trooper world to be the next in line after Night City, since we have gotten several of those characters already.

thealchemist
11-06-2018, 02:55 AM
I admit I fell for the devs bullshit, ie hellraiser/trickster/chopper. I guess calling them the "demons of creation" when they were initially launched was a diversion or whatever but with the fragment event its clear they are Night City characters. We've seen the Magus Hellraiser in Gauntlet so I would expect that to be added along with Assassin and Warrior choppers and Sentinel trickster. It seems a stretch but could the Shinobi's and Musashi be in night city too?

AcesHigh189
11-06-2018, 05:36 AM
If charlotte was a boss that actually might make sense as the lryics in From Fear To Eternity says The Beast and Charlotte were 2 of a kind. With the part of tricksters and the gangsters being in the Night City. I change my opinion to yes they are likely going to be in the Night City.

scott-5496
11-06-2018, 11:47 AM
There are many pssibilities for sure. I think the oriental characters could well be in it - sourced from the Maiden Japan Live disc - I think mine is Live +1 or somethng like that. I can see the first two album single covers being integrated into the world or events too - it make sense to me anyway to do that. i think that is going to be the way forward for new levels as I am sure they are working on others too. Each album/single/EP or even album track could generate a new character or even environment.

We could see a Ruskin Arms element, we could see a twilight zone, women in uniform, sanctuary, a prodigal son, drifter etc etc - so much to pick from and going forward why would we not see a world based on Somewhere in Time for example - I mean there are so many different options for Worlds or areas or levels - Maiden have always been a visual band so there is no lack of iconic imagery that can be used as a source. A mean we have BNW already, we should get Silent Planet but there are many others.

Saying that I was a little shocked to see Samurai getting a limited edition version at this stage - why you have to ask yourself when there are so many characters in the lyrics that can be lifted and used - slight concern with this but hopefully just a bit of laziness on their behalf.

Yup
11-06-2018, 03:26 PM
You all are nuts...

Night City will be populated by the Angry Birds, Pumpkins, and XMas Dogs.

HuckFinn150
11-06-2018, 04:09 PM
Lol. I kinda hope so, lol. That would be rich.

AcesHigh189
11-10-2018, 09:56 AM
All gangster characters are confirmed to be in the game. These images say so. Look at the inspiration.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrXBgpLVAAAe1Df.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrXBhFAUcAUR0SK.jpg

Tim28213
11-10-2018, 01:13 PM
Where do you find those and is a similar image available for most characters in the game somewhere? There is actually handy information there.

Alvorada
11-10-2018, 04:12 PM
Where do you find those and is a similar image available for most characters in the game somewhere? There is actually handy information there.

As I know, this kind of image are posted in social media, as part of publicity of releasing character.

Fight4life
11-10-2018, 06:32 PM
Both Facebook and Instagram at Legacy of the beast :)

Tim28213
11-10-2018, 06:54 PM
Since I don't use either of those I guess I won't be seeing that information. Blah. That would be something cool to included in the Wiki if that ever happens.

URock
11-10-2018, 08:50 PM
Breaking News:

https://twitter.com/ironmaidenlotb/status/1061351791047176192?s=19

AcesHigh189
11-16-2018, 06:25 AM
BREAKING NEWS. MUST SEE

https://scontent.fadl5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/46355540_1596753050455064_4138293378737504256_n.jp g?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fadl5-1.fna&oh=3ebfb27d65a9cc7f6d4a0434b466e456&oe=5C713085

scott-5496
11-16-2018, 10:41 AM
Nice picture - I think these is a good chance that the environment will be pretty cool - they are stepping up the look of things recently that is for sure. I mean lets have a fight in the Ruskin Arms or in the stairs of Charlottes little 'hotel of ill repute' - defo want to see some Maggie Thatcher posters and other imagery around the releases back then - so much they can use - the Phantoms Opera maybe? The Rainbow venue or a martial arts venue to take on Shinobis - certianly has to be some alley way action as most of the covers have that going on - maybe a weird and wonderful Twilight Zone........the Twilight Zone should be one of this limited time events locations we sometimes get - that would be cool - I mean you can really switch things around with a Twilight Zone theme - reverse skills or battle with zero talisman effects in play. Personally I would like to see an environment where we could just play with the characters against each other to the old early characters can come out to play and have a decent battle - I three star zone or native four stars only.....even better native one stars only! LOL

If only new content was to the fore.....or even rehased old content to the fore!

Shaolin85london
11-16-2018, 11:44 AM
BREAKING NEWS. MUST SEE

https://scontent.fadl5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/46355540_1596753050455064_4138293378737504256_n.jp g?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fadl5-1.fna&oh=3ebfb27d65a9cc7f6d4a0434b466e456&oe=5C713085

That's Westminster block with the Clock tower just befo the House of Parlament. I drive through that bridge every morning...

edsel
11-16-2018, 12:27 PM
Shaolin, cool you live in upcoming battleground, doubt they will ever create one in the gulf coast of Florida for me.

Shaolin85london
11-16-2018, 01:05 PM
Shaolin, cool you live in upcoming battleground, doubt they will ever create one in the gulf coast of Florida for me.

I was hoping they could add some "graveyard location" scenario at some point in the game, that d be very cool alongside with life after death Eddie 🤘

Patrice-1201
11-16-2018, 04:28 PM
Yeah I want this Eddie so bad !
I was hoping they could add some "graveyard location" scenario at some point in the game, that d be very cool alongside with life after death Eddie ��

AcesHigh189
11-18-2018, 06:01 AM
Another thing with Night City is are we going to learn more about talismans like where. That was supposed to be for Brave New World but when released it just a dungeon. Like is the dragon king and the beast related somehow?

rags-6094
11-18-2018, 07:13 AM
I would have thought Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Eddie would have also belonged in an East London Theme.... Just saying...

GrimDusk
11-18-2018, 03:44 PM
What in god's name happened to Big Ben?!

AcesHigh189
11-21-2018, 05:26 AM
https://scontent.fadl4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/46501448_1600291793434523_891945345943076864_o.jpg ?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent.fadl4-1.fna&oh=48ff084aa42927b973c474241267d412&oe=5C681783

The clock is really ticking.

desprezo
11-21-2018, 10:26 AM
Loving the Eddie shadow in the background.

scott-5496
11-21-2018, 02:04 PM
Looks liek there are going to be some non-Maiden characters here! Which is fine I guess but really hoping they inject some characters from the albums/songs/covers of the era......I am sure they will!

edsel
11-21-2018, 06:47 PM
Looking like Harley Quinn to the left of blue lardass. Can't wait to rage.

DIEDD
11-21-2018, 07:18 PM
Looking like Harley Quinn to the left of blue lardass. Can't wait to rage.

yeah,looks like the harley quinn of the batman arkham games...

scott-5496
11-21-2018, 10:16 PM
Also looks a lot like 'Paradise Club' on the door way. Bruce had an acting role in the series Paradise Club (as a rock singer!) and then they used this reference in the cover for Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter....so there is defo some tie in to the Maiden cannon. My hopes are jigh that this will be all over the level.

AcesHigh189
11-28-2018, 05:31 AM
https://twitter.com/ironmaidenlotb/status/1067571240175464448

Lots of detail.

scott-5496
11-28-2018, 11:51 AM
Nice. Cart and Horses is there. Sanctuary too......fingers crossed we get some more videos like this to show us the look and the little nods to the album content of the era.

Cefiar
11-29-2018, 03:15 AM
And at the start what looked like an Iron Maiden poster on the wall of an alley. :D

scott-5496
11-29-2018, 10:19 AM
And at the start what looked like an Iron Maiden poster on the wall of an alley. :D

Same poster (sort of) that you see in the Early Days DVD and in the Bring Your Daughter single cover - all linked to the Paradise Club venue...…...with all the evil chicks coming into the game I have to wonder if the Club has changed hands and is now some den of ill repute......maybe frequented by Hellraisers and there evil buddies!

AcesHigh189
11-29-2018, 10:59 AM
In the Carts and Horse Pub at the end of the video there seems to be some sort of strange movement in it. Like a ghost or something moving.

Shaolin85london
11-29-2018, 03:01 PM
In the Carts and Horse Pub at the end of the video there seems to be some sort of strange movement in it. Like a ghost or something moving.

It might be the ghost of navigator who did end up in the wrong album 😅

Symbiote
12-03-2018, 02:53 PM
https://twitter.com/ironmaidenlotb/status/1067571240175464448

Lots of detail.

Oh wow, ok, even if i'm not hyped, because of the last months and so many broken Updates.. ^^

This looks really nice, but the artists of this game never disappointed me.
Just two more Days.., i hope it will be a stable release.

At least it looks good. :)

AcesHigh189
12-04-2018, 05:22 AM
Watch your back.

https://twitter.com/ironmaidenlotb/status/1069751543350493184

AcesHigh189
12-04-2018, 05:24 AM
I got to admit. I think the boss for Night City must be in the Carts and Horses Pub. Because there seems to be a unknown light source in the pub with a lot of people gathered around it.

Cefiar
12-04-2018, 06:25 AM
One other thing I am wondering about/looking forward to:

New skull quests!

Also, with new base content, does this mean there'll be a few more missions to complete?

scott-5496
12-04-2018, 01:15 PM
I got to admit. I think the boss for Night City must be in the Carts and Horses Pub. Because there seems to be a unknown light source in the pub with a lot of people gathered around it.

Most likely a flash back to Maiden playing there....I wonder if we get to see the band on stage...lol

edsel
12-04-2018, 02:33 PM
New stuff is hours away. Many of us have been watching the locked Night City for years, noticing a new light in window and speculation on what rewards/battles await. I blasted Live After Death on route to work today, getting the Gauntlet cleared now so I have all time devoted to our new playground!

edsel
12-04-2018, 03:07 PM
Here we go loading Night City update!5053

Sag7272
12-04-2018, 03:47 PM
Here we go loading Night City update!5053

Drum roll... Hoping for the best!
Remember me of the anxiousness before BNW launch... Crossing fingers for a better outcome ;)

Symbiote
12-04-2018, 03:47 PM
It's the final countdown.., i really hope it will be a non broken Update...

Sag7272
12-04-2018, 03:49 PM
It's the final countdown.., i really hope it will be a non broken Update...

Is it like... I mean.. possible or already been seen?
On my part just hope not too annoying bugs 😆

Symbiote
12-04-2018, 03:57 PM
Too often seen... :D

A non broken update could be "not too annoying bugs".
At least it would be Bug City. :D

It really would good for NF if it would be a very optimized Update.., i mean, bugs are normal.., but we had to many BROKEN updates..,

Blade
12-04-2018, 03:59 PM
Hmm but the countdown does not match the planned update time...and I assume the update will not take 4.5 hours (hopefully). So will we see Night City at reset or after the update? We will see!
A bug free update would be nice, but is that even possible? A small wooops here and there is not completely unlikely :)

Never mind! I am looking forward to it! Fingers are crossed!
And I recommend to everyone to exit game, force quit and clear cache before the update. This gives the best chance for a clean install!

scott-5496
12-04-2018, 05:28 PM
Maybe just warming up the servers and our devices to the reset - I cant see it being before midnight UK time but you never know. I think this update will be the planned update in the notes plus anything needed to do final prep for Night City. Hopefully we get a suite of new to the game music too. It was nice to get Caught Somewhere in the recent dungeon and will be just as cool to get some old school Maiden in this level.....though it will get tired after a few days I am sure and sounds will be off!

Chaosego888
12-04-2018, 06:01 PM
Most likely a flash back to Maiden playing there....I wonder if we get to see the band on stage...lolThis is exactly what I thought when I saw this, hopefully we'll be able to go inside the club or at least have a story cinematic with them playing live.

Symbiote
12-04-2018, 06:31 PM
Oh oh oh... it's about time now!

Hmm but the countdown does not match the planned update time...and I assume the update will not take 4.5 hours (hopefully). So will we see Night City at reset or after the update? We will see!
A bug free update would be nice, but is that even possible? A small wooops here and there is not completely unlikely :)

Never mind! I am looking forward to it! Fingers are crossed!
And I recommend to everyone to exit game, force quit and clear cache before the update. This gives the best chance for a clean install!

I think, they will update the Game, December Update, Update with Night City and preparing to open the doors to Night (hopefully not BUG) City after Reset.
With the Update comes the Game Data, but Night City Countdown will be there until Reset..,

Fingers crossed!!! :D

And yeah, bug free maybe not, every Update in every Game has some bugs.., but for this game.., we all know its History.., a non broken Update would be good enough. :D

But thanks for the tip to clear the cache, maybe a good idea. :D

URock
12-04-2018, 06:52 PM
Background music should be of the 1st two albums. "Charlotte the Harlotte", "Running free" "Killers" and "Wrathchild" are a must!

Stormseye
12-04-2018, 06:57 PM
Sanctuary, one my favorites off this album should be a must for any area in Night City.

Zugzwang
12-04-2018, 08:11 PM
Forget Night City. I’m looking forward to Hallowed Eddie being nerfed lol. Matter of fact, I hope he meets Iron Eddie in the PVP retirement home. At least until next Halloween :)

madmanmeyer74
12-04-2018, 08:29 PM
The update is live! Have fun!

Symbiote
12-04-2018, 09:34 PM
Ouh yeah, we don't have to wait until reset. Nice!

I have to say, that i'm one of the persons who are complaining a lot. x'D

BUT i just installed the update, and didn't play yet, just read the dialogue and the FEELING i had is like, back in January 2017 when i started playing..,

I really hope that it will go on. NOW i'm excited to play... :3
But careful too, but now let's see..
(and search for things to complain about.. hahaha sorry... xD)

I hope we will have good times again. (At least in 2 years or so when Isle of Avalon comes. :P)

Have fun all of you.

Zugzwang
12-04-2018, 10:13 PM
It’s ok to complain here. We all do it! Let it out man lol. ~cheers~

Symbiote
12-04-2018, 10:53 PM
It’s ok to complain here. We all do it! Let it out man lol. ~cheers~

Haha :D
I laughed when i read it. :D

It isn't that i want to. xD But sometimes it needs to be. :D

BUT as i played the first to "Levels" i'm excited to have this feeling again.., to play story, see new characters integrated in it, not just releasing new characters..,
The Environment looks awesome! (just saw the first level xD but it's good to see something new)
I missed it to play some levels more then one time, because we can get skulls again.., oooah i missed it! :3

CamiloEgea
12-13-2018, 02:29 PM
I have a few assumptions, looking after previous conversations and discussions during some of the events:

1. Talismans: like AcesHigh said completely new, or those talismans that were previously available "exclusively".

2. Night City won't have available frontier coins as prizes. After all, it's an end game currency, so if it started giving FC as drop, you could certainly make a month (or not shorter) to earn money for the gods or Alexander Ed.

3. New skull quests. And that's where we could get listed above Frontier Coins. I once asked developers whether there will be a different, constant opportunity to receive currency, rather than by unpacking designated souls. The answer was "Probably, we're thinking over other ways to get Frontier Coins". Either we will be able to farm FC there, or in Silent Planet (my other guess).

4. New 4* and 5* characters. Looking at the design of the city, I do believe we are going to get new eternal-like boss / character, a demon, to be precised, one you can see at one of the Lotb game posters

What about the Samurai and bear like characters? I don't know, we might get them later this month, judging by the samurai / japanese theme of this month's events.

¿So what happened with these characters?