PDA

View Full Version : Alliance General - Magic or Physical Damage!??? :O

Demoonchild
08-26-2016, 02:53 PM
Hello Troopers!!

Recently I have respond a question in FB from an Italian friend, about what talysman to use in his Alliance General, And I respond that since the damage Physical Based on HP you should....
So He told me NOT is Magical....

Attached are the Screenshot (Italian - Magical) and mine (English - Physical)
The question is What kind of damage is deal??

Thanks!!

aur0ra85
08-26-2016, 02:58 PM
I'm pretty sure its physical. Gonzo has one of these and I don't think it's a tank build, I'm pretty sure he's got quite a few red talismans on him. I'm sure gonzo has tried the tank build and the red build, so he's def the one to ask how to build him up. FYI, gonzo's General does LOTS of damage.

Demoonchild
08-26-2016, 03:26 PM
Mmhh Gonzo are you 'round there??

Aristo4
08-26-2016, 03:27 PM
Mmhh Gonzo are you 'round there??

Gonzo is everywhere, he'll show up :p

eddiejose
08-26-2016, 03:29 PM
It's physical damage now, but I think that before the time rift update it was magical

Demoonchild
08-26-2016, 03:35 PM
Wow... So we must say that is physical... I guess...

Gonzo
08-26-2016, 03:41 PM
It used to be magic damage, which was kinda odd since he wasn't able to benefit from his own life steal buff. A few of us pointed that out and it got changed with the previous patch.

He hits really hard, and he steals tons of fury and power.

Since his attack scales with Max HP and has 12k without talismans I decided to just use the obligatory 3 and focus the other 3 on pure attack.

Regarding the italian translation, I'm pretty sure it's just that, something lost in translation. Just in case, tell your friend to watch the color of the damage numbers he gets when he attacks.

Red is for physical
Blue is magic
White is True Damage

Ancient Mariner
08-26-2016, 04:05 PM
Regarding the "damage based on your max hp", does it mean that the damage will increase with both character's original hp and the talismans ones, or not?

Ciao Gonzo, bel nome xD

Bryan-3528
08-26-2016, 04:06 PM
Gonzo is everywhere, he'll show up :p

The Gonzo is what gives the LotB it's power. The Gonzo is an energy field created by all living things. He surrounds us and penetrates us. He binds the Cosmos and the Time Rifts together...

Demoonchild
08-26-2016, 04:21 PM
Thank you guys!!!

Gonzo
08-26-2016, 04:25 PM
Regarding the "damage based on your max hp", does it mean that the damage will increase with both character's original hp and the talismans ones, or not?

Ciao Gonzo, bel nome xD

He does more damage with every green talisman you put on him. Although at some point it's just better to add Red talismans since the HP-Damage scaling is not the best.

My great grand father was named Consalvo, he was born in Milano. Both my mother and my father agreed to name me like that, unfortunately there were some laws in my country that prevented this from happening. If the name had a spanish translation, that should be the one. So, I could've been Consalvo but I ended up being called Gonzalo.

Plus... he's my favourite Muppet ;)

The Gonzo is what gives the LotB it's power. The Gonzo is an energy field created by all living things. He surrounds us and penetrates us. He binds the Cosmos and the Time Rifts together...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... You guys are drunk... I'm out of here!!!!!!! LOL

Bryan-3528
08-26-2016, 04:29 PM
actually, I am (unfortunately) sober as a bird. Bored at work watching youtube videos about star wars, and browsing the forum here, while i grind away to try to level up some talisman.

aur0ra85
08-26-2016, 04:29 PM
They just had a moment....

Bryan-3528
08-26-2016, 04:33 PM
It used to be magic damage, which was kinda odd since he wasn't able to benefit from his own life steal buff. A few of us pointed that out and it got changed with the previous patch.

"Darth Gonzo was a Trooper of the LotB so powerful and so wise, he could use The Force to influence the Devs to create life. He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the Allys he cared about from doing the wrong type of damage."

:)

Vaseodin
08-26-2016, 04:35 PM

Ciao Gonzo, bel nome xD

For most characters whose damage is based on max HP the damage scales with HP gained from talismans as well. I have run tests on several such characters and Mummy Eddie, Pharaoh Eddie, Green Soulless Demon, Green Stone Golem all work off total HP, not just the base. I would have to assume the same applies here.

Gonzo
08-26-2016, 04:37 PM
"Darth Gonzo was a Trooper of the LotB so powerful and so wise, he could use The Force to influence the Devs to create life. He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the Allys he cared about from doing the wrong type of damage."

:)

STAHP!!!!!!

Although, those where some dark times in the forum. Before Matt posted daily :P

In fact, I don't even know if they read those comments LOL

OpticSugar
08-26-2016, 05:04 PM
He does more damage with every green talisman you put on him. Although at some point it's just better to add Red talismans since the HP-Damage scaling is not the best.1

I thought the scaling was based on the base damage, not the damage modified by talismans... this changes everything.

Qed
08-26-2016, 05:41 PM
The italian translation was not changed after the update, for the same reason i was asking about the purple rocket dog.
BTW Gonzo in italian means "dumb".

Gonzo
08-26-2016, 05:56 PM
Here you go. Sorry for the quality.

Full Health Talisman Set

https://youtu.be/n0W_qK6TDLs

Gonzo
08-26-2016, 05:57 PM
Health + Attack

https://youtu.be/6K8fsiiXYBY

As you can see the damage difference is not that big. I choose to run Health + Attack because every other character uses green talismans. So, for the time being, unless you have tons of runes, this is the best build IMHO.

Apparently you can post only one video per response :P

Gonzo
08-26-2016, 06:02 PM
The italian translation was not changed after the update, for the same reason i was asking about the purple rocket dog.
BTW Gonzo in italian means "dumb".

Yeah. I know, it's more like weirdo, though. My grandmother used to call me Gonzo when I was little :P

She was right LOL

Demoonchild
08-26-2016, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the vídeos Gonzo, things are clear now ;)

Qed
08-26-2016, 06:41 PM
Yeah. I know, it's more like weirdo, though. My grandmother used to call me Gonzo when I was little :P

She was right LOL

Nah, "gonzo" is someone that can be fooled easily, not much someone that acts in a strange way.

i.e: "You paid that thing much more than the needed you are a gonzo".

Gonzo
08-26-2016, 06:52 PM
I shouldn't have trusted that old lady then ;)

aur0ra85
08-26-2016, 07:41 PM
How do I make a video?? Please and thanks.

Gonzo
08-27-2016, 02:33 AM
I used Mobizen for Android. It's ok I guess, it kinda makes the game lag a bit.

Reeb99
09-15-2016, 11:48 PM
Question since I just lucked out and pulled an Alliance General:

I'm low on health talismans at the moment since had to make space recently. I noticed that this character has a high MR rating. Would it be worth substituting one green set for a yellow set that increases Special based on MR to increase the rate at which this character generates fury? The set in question also increases health and attack.

BillLion
09-15-2016, 11:55 PM
Question since I just lucked out and pulled an Alliance General:

I'm low on health talismans at the moment since had to make space recently. I noticed that this character has a high MR rating. Would it be worth substituting one green set for a yellow set that increases Special based on MR to increase the rate at which this character generates fury? The set in question also increases health and attack.

Congrats! He's a fantastic character and has become a staple on my team. I feel your pain on a shortage of health talismans. My recommendation is go green ASAP -all of them. That said I'm currently running 5/6 green and 1 red. I'll prob swap that one out later too. I've got a pair of health talismans (overwhelming) and a trio of energy talisman (overwhelming) [these insure he's always stealing energy and building fury].

His attack runs on max HP so the best strategy is all green. Until then you can throw some reds in to take advantage of his true damage by keeping your attack # high.

Have fun!