PDA

View Full Version : The Darkest Day - The Beast has returned for a limited time!

Leviathan
11-23-2018, 12:05 AM
Earn Dark Souls for a chance to earn Beast Eddie and THE BEAST himself!

From now until November 29th at 4 PM PT, the Dark Soul has become available! The Dark Soul is a limited time event soul which guarantees a 3★ to 5★ character of any class, with an increased chance of Beast Eddie, and other Assassin class characters PLUS an exclusive chance of getting The Beast!

In addition to this, every Dark Soul summoned is guaranteed to grant 10 Beast Soul Fragments. Earn 750 Beast Soul Fragments to claim THE BEAST!

Dark Souls can be earned in one of two ways:

There are Event Challenges that will earn you a variety of rewards including Final Frontier Eddie Fragments, AND Dark Soul Fragments. Getting 200 fragments will earn you a Dark Soul, with up to 10 that can be earned from challenges over the course of the event. Beware! These challenges will require you to inflict debilitating negative effects, so search through your roster for Eddies and allies which have similar powers!
The store offers Dark Souls for Ironite in the usual bundle sizes of 1, 3, or 10.

In addition to the Dark Soul Packs, we have an all-new Talisman bundle on offer! Get the Talisman Mega Pack and receive all 6-Set Talismans released so far. This pack includes some Ironite, Gold and Valor, Oracle, Eternal, Primordial and Eclipse Talismans!

Please note that after the conclusion of this event, collecting more Dark Soul Fragments will not be possible, but any extras you have can be converted to Precious Soul Fragments. Additionally, The Beast is not available in any other souls, making the Dark Soul your best shot at securing this character!

GrimDusk
11-23-2018, 12:59 AM
Using Beast Eddie and Assassin Harpy for Marks, Furious Burn, and HP Drain. I'll use Benjamin Breeg for Defense/MR Down, but idk who to use for Bleed since I sacrificed my old Warrior Rocket Dog.

Leandrium
11-23-2018, 01:18 AM
So, like the emperor samurai eddie, now you need to spend almos 6000 ironite to make sure you get the toon. You can get it from less if you are very lucky, but that not gonna happen, the 1% to get a 5* is never true.
You reduced the vortex rewards, only 10 G/A souls, one legendary soul and 5 skil shard. Really? The vortex that get a lot to full gives you that Sh*t?.
Now you give your players only 10 chances to get their favorite toon: THE BEAST. If they dont get it they can buy 10 souls, if that doesnt work buy 10 more and repeat until drop 75 souls. Spending all your resources. After burn them at the begining of the month due that horrible samurais event. I dont get anything. Like so many people that dont wanna spend real money in a game full of bugs(angel talis dont working, fighting in gauntel against all the gods of powerslave so many times with your worst toon becasuse you cant repeat, in 3 fights the basic ability of my Hallowed Eddie doesnt apply perdect death)...
I dont know what you want, i gave you 1 star in google play, and i hope so many player do the same because this desesperated money-hunger

Symbiote
11-23-2018, 02:20 AM
They will never learn.., they won't...
They try desperately to make money and don't get that this way is more and more the way they will lose players..,

Over a half year.., there is still something like this horrible german news screen.., the translation is like shit.., game settings are english, news section german..,
"We will look into it" over 6 months when a dev told me this lie..,
and yeah THOUSANDS of other bugs.., but they are still trying to find some idiots who are willing to pay for all this crap..,
oh sorry.., OVER PRICED DIGITAL CRAP..,

Thank you again.., that you don't give us real chances to get this character but the possibility to buy him! That's AWESOME!

I really understand, that you need money to go on with development.., but you business model really sucks..,
Sorry.. but this way..,
Really.., when i look at all these prices.., 30€, 60€.., 120€ oO really? for this money i can buy more than 5-10 full games with free updates over years!
Even from small INDIE TEAMS..,

Edit:
Even that there is no one who communicates with us players.., Sparton is gone (fired? because he did a good job to all of us? and really he did a good job) and were are the others? Mia? Gone?
It's strange.., the times when Sparton was active here, he listened, gave us (the players) the feeling that things can change, get better.., but now, i lost hope..,
The only things i see are buy buy buy.., bugs bugs bugs..,
MONEY > Quality...

Esquatcho
11-23-2018, 02:23 AM
OK, anyone know other HP Drain other than explosive talis if you dont have beast or assassin harpy?

Otherwise, in addition to GrimDusks options (Though note breeg can do furious burns too) I see some good options as being:

Rocket Dog - Bleed
Allied & Assassin Bomber Boys - Marks

infinite dreamer
11-23-2018, 02:30 AM
OK, anyone know other HP Drain other than explosive talis if you dont have beast or assassin harpy?

Otherwise, in addition to GrimDusks options (Though note breeg can do furious burns too) I see some good options as being:

Rocket Dog - Bleed
Allied & Assassin Bomber Boys - Marks

Angel of Mercy (gunner bat) performs HP drain.

Amarthir
11-23-2018, 02:40 AM
"The Beast Returns"
*opens Google play store*
"75 Souls to get him"
*closes Google play store*

Decepticon15
11-23-2018, 02:53 AM
Sentinel demon spawn's passive drains hp.

Esquatcho
11-23-2018, 03:01 AM
Just found this link (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10506-I-ve-created-a-handy-guide-to-LOTB-Characters-and-their-Effects!&p=86256&viewfull=1#post86256). Thanks Deathbat!

Saving ppl the work checking:

Def Down = Breeg/HE/Nav/Pharaoh/Rainmaker/Soldier/Tailgunner/AoF/W NoL/Wickerman/Wickerdog King/Kari/Minazuki, Spy/Possessed snowman/G Sandworm/Axis Bomber Boy/Imp/A NoL/A Troll/Undead Axis Gunner
MR Down = Breeg/CRE/GRE/Rainmaker/Wickerdog King/CGen/Minazuki, Spy/M NoL/Poss Snow/A Pyro/Troll/Undead Axis Gunner
Bleed = AE/IE/Rocket Gog/M Poss Rockets/G Poss MG/Artillery Dog
HP Drain = Beast/GRE/S Corrupt Droid/S Demon Spawn/M GS/G AoM
Mark = EE/Rainmaker/Shaman/VHE/Bomber Boys/Shaman Bird/Chopper/Heaps of purples
Furious Brun = Beast/BBE/Phantom/Charlotte/G Ibuki Ranger

So Furious Burns will be the trickiest to get for newer players.

Stormseye
11-23-2018, 03:33 AM
In addition to the Dark Soul Packs, we have an all-new Talisman bundle on offer! Get the Talisman Mega Pack and receive all 6-Set Talismans released so far. This pack includes some Ironite, Gold and Valor, Oracle, Eternal, Primordial and Eclipse Talismans

So what you are saying is that If I want to change my signature and not get Red Dead 2 or BF5 I have give you the money instead....50 bucks is a high price to pay for 4 Talismans that I lack, (I have 2 Primordial and all the rest of the sets) after I just dropped 10 bucks already. I am going to need more convincing or a gofundme....

I am surprised at this single bundle pricing. It would have been way more benficial to sell the sets separately for $5.99. I would have even paid 10.00 more but 50.00..

Long Live the “Have Nots”!

Esquatcho
11-23-2018, 04:54 AM
So what you are saying is that If I want to change my signature and not get Red Dead 2 or BF5 I have give you the money instead....50 bucks is a high price to pay for 4 Talismans that I lack, (I have 2 Primordial and all the rest of the sets) after I just dropped 10 bucks already. I am going to need more convincing or a gofundme....

I am surprised at this single bundle pricing. It would have been way more benficial to sell the sets separately for $5.99. I would have even paid 10.00 more but 50.00..

Long Live the “Have Nots”!

Even for those of us with none - The price is just too steep for me.... And so I wait until the next event we can get some! At least I got oracles just the other day. Tbh, I dont mind so much if I have to wait where others with heaps of $ can pay.... As long as an event rotation comes around some time soon enough!

But I cant help but feel that they would make more money overall if this did split them out, or perhaps make the lot a little bit more accessible. Then again, we dont see the economics.

HuckFinn150
11-23-2018, 04:56 AM
I pulled the beast and beast Eddie in my first couple of souls. I already had beast Eddie, so I sacrificed both. Certain toons I don't care for. They do make great sacrifices (one day I'll hit complete the 80 5* sacrifice mission). I'm hoping to pull rainmaker Eddie. So far, I'm only lacking 3 that I want. Rainmaker, Coalgiver and the Snowmen. I'm still working on Charlotte and Final Frontier. It'll be a while before I get them.

thealchemist
11-23-2018, 05:14 AM
"Additionally, The Beast is not available in any other souls, making the Dark Soul your best shot at securing this character!"

Well at this point no he isn't. But if I was to take this literally going by the exact words used, (since there is no mention he won't be available in any future souls) while in the short term its our best and only chance to gain this character, he COULD be featured in a fragment event or heroic souls in the future perhaps....

So I'd love to have him but if I don't get him from the 10 souls I collect from the missions, then I'm just gonna wait for the next opportunity whenever that will be. I refuse to get sucked into purchasing any character at almost any cost. This current format sucks. Just put him heroic souls rotation already!

On a note about missions, for those lucky enough to have Daedalus like myself I'm pretty sure he can do furious burns too. I could put him as my champion if any of my troopers would like that?
Death talismans can help for mark, maybe explosive can potentially help with HP drain? not so sure with furious burns as I thought it was grevious burns from that set. I dont think any other talismans can do def/mr down or bleed but then again there are a lot of sets I don't have....

Esquatcho
11-23-2018, 05:22 AM
Half way through day 1: Half way through def/MR downs, 1/3 of the way through bleed & marks, quarter of the way through HP drains

3 furious burns! lol

As they're all power moves, that might end up having to be one done manually :(

rags-6094
11-23-2018, 05:28 AM
HP drain for me is done, Sentinel Demon Spawn and Gunner Bat got the job done, Marks can be dealt out by two different sets of talisman Death is one of them but Marks for me are done too.
Working on furious burn now, half way through..
I've dropped 3 x earnt souls in and turned up bupkis, I as well will not be tempted to purchase ironite or spend what I have accumulated to get this Beast soul via dark souls, the disappointment from past experiences in that whole gamble thing make it just not worth the risk. As much as I would like to have the beast join the rags train he's weak as piss anyway and would be valuable for collectables only.
So many characters I don't have it's just another that will be something to talk about in the forums when I one day do pull him.

Nifelheim
11-23-2018, 06:08 AM
I would probably buy the talisman set if they came with the 3star evo runes. Don't have enough of them to max out 30 talismans.

Cefiar
11-23-2018, 06:17 AM
Something to remember here is that you can work towards these goals in all parts of the game.

Including Skull Quests, PvP and Gauntlet.

FWIW: I managed to get 90 Furious burns just doing 6 Skull quests with Beast Eddie, so hopefully that bodes well for others too.

Shaolin85london
11-23-2018, 06:51 AM
Already have The beast, so I ll complete the missions for those extra stuff offered by (ss, ffe frags most!)
Disappointed Talisman pack is the same subtype (will primordial and ward eternal). I ll skip this too. I ve hoarded ironites over the previous weeks only because I want to gamble on night city new toons pull, because they looks great!

rags-6094
11-23-2018, 07:35 AM
Artillery Dog also known as Warrior Rocket Dog, perhaps Assasin Rocket dog too? Both will do Bleed...

Ip4
11-23-2018, 10:33 AM
BBE from 12 dark soul and they talk about increased chance for beast,joke,joke,joke...

Olevipoeg
11-23-2018, 10:42 AM
BBE from 12 dark soul and they talk about increased chance for beast,joke,joke,joke...
I got Warrior Newborn of Light.. Lady luck is not with me today.. BB and newborn both are 4 star.

Rain88
11-23-2018, 10:49 AM
I don't think anyone mentioned wrath... he could be the best for marks. But I guess everyone forgot about him... which is the exact goal of this game model ... introduce OP characters, make people chase them, nerf them and then introduce new ones. Ironically it all started when they introduced wrath and the eternals.

Now you give your players only 10 chances to get their favorite toon: THE BEAST.
No chance in hell he's my favorite toon. I don't have him and couldn't care less about getting him

Ip4
11-23-2018, 12:13 PM
lost 3000 ironite for nothing...34 shit souls and no Beast...
https://preview.ibb.co/ecDEqV/330-BD464-0-EA3-45-B5-B604-F07-E6-B6-CD772.png
this is great way to lose players...

scott-5496
11-23-2018, 01:05 PM
I just stopped buying packs as I have not had a thing out of them - I have managed ot get characters frm events but not once through a pack purchase - I am not saying I want ever but a pack but I have not doen so for a very loing time - I just have zero luck. Even when I have loads of ironite I dont do it - The Beast is one I am missing but it is just a collectible. Not sure I would use him all that much to be honest as you rarely see him in arena or even gauntlet for that matter.

Nicko
11-23-2018, 02:20 PM
Have fun leveling up those 30 Talismans - only 270 3* Rainbow runes needed :D

edsel
11-23-2018, 02:42 PM
lost 3000 ironite for nothing...34 shit souls and no Beast...
https://preview.ibb.co/ecDEqV/330-BD464-0-EA3-45-B5-B604-F07-E6-B6-CD772.png
this is great way to lose players...
Yeah but look on the bright side, you are gonna convert those expensive unusable beast frags into precious souls and get rare and valuable prizes! Gotta stop buying event souls...

Deathbat6120
11-23-2018, 05:35 PM
Spent the 1000 Ironite I had saved just for when The Beast would return... Nothing. Just 3* dupes as normal.
Just hoping I might get something decent from the 10 Challenge souls.

rags-6094
11-23-2018, 05:38 PM
Spent the 1000 Ironite I had saved just for when The Beast would return... Nothing. Just 3* dupes as normal.
Just hoping I might get something decent from the 10 Challenge souls.

Hey Deathbat! Good job on the google pages, spread sheet, (I'm gathering that was you) it has been a great help!
I think I saw one post early yesterday from someone who pulled the beast and Beast Eddie both were dupes for them, isn't that always the way...

Deathbat6120
11-23-2018, 10:10 PM
Hey Deathbat! Good job on the google pages, spread sheet, (I'm gathering that was you) it has been a great help!
I think I saw one post early yesterday from someone who pulled the beast and Beast Eddie both were dupes for them, isn't that always the way...

Thank you mate! Glad to have been of help! :D
Yeah, think I saw that too, there's always the one. Oh well, we might have another shot in 6 months :p
I'm keeping my Beast frags though, because they say they're not coming back but you never know.

R1ck
11-23-2018, 10:19 PM
They said dark souls fragments will not be useful anymore, but nothing about Beast soul fragments. Hope it is a permanent addition and more fragments could be collected on other events.

GrimDusk
11-23-2018, 10:24 PM
God dammit, I got two 5 stars but it was a Dupe Beast Ed and the Corrupted General.

Deathbat6120
11-23-2018, 10:37 PM
They said dark souls fragments will not be useful anymore, but nothing about Beast soul fragments. Hope it is a permanent addition and more fragments could be collected on other events.

Very good point, hadn't realised that! I thought it'd just be the same as the Samurai Emperor and Musashi frags from earlier on. Would be nice to have them as permanent additions, even if it's a slow process. Wouldn't mind grinding for hours if it meant being guaranteed something decent.

DanielRacy
11-23-2018, 10:56 PM
Benjamin with explosive and energy. A Lilith with death and energy. W Rocket Dog with echo. They did the trick. Except for furious burn, too slow, so after everything was done I put Beast Eddie to deal with it.

Esquatcho
11-24-2018, 01:09 PM
Have fun leveling up those 30 Talismans - only 270 3* Rainbow runes needed :D

bwhahahahahaha.../cry

Im flat out getting 2* rainbows to get the oracles from the last event up to even L4!

Alvorada
11-24-2018, 10:08 PM
Very good point, hadn't realised that! I thought it'd just be the same as the Samurai Emperor and Musashi frags from earlier on. Would be nice to have them as permanent additions, even if it's a slow process. Wouldn't mind grinding for hours if it meant being guaranteed something decent.

Charlotte frags will be available in only 5 gauntlet seasons (the currently one is the third).

I would like if The Beast take her place.

URock
11-25-2018, 10:49 AM
10 event souls and I got...Maya Priestess Warrior. What a great reward, thank you so much, Nodding Frog!

raka71
11-25-2018, 11:03 AM
10 event souls and I got...Maya Priestess Warrior. What a great reward, thank you so much, Nodding Frog!

better than me........10 event souls all 3* garbage

R1ck
11-25-2018, 12:43 PM
20 event souls and 20 3*.

Deathbat6120
11-25-2018, 02:31 PM
Opened up 3 souls that I earned this morning, got red eyes aaaaaand... Wicker Man.
Great.

Ip4
11-25-2018, 03:18 PM
they joke with us again,no increased chance for Beast,only for Beast Eddie...

Wyphy
11-25-2018, 05:03 PM
they joke with us again,no increased chance for Beast,only for Beast Eddie...

Would consider it a win for this event to get Beast Eddie, yet I've no hope that I'll get either from the 10 event souls.

GrimDusk
11-25-2018, 06:28 PM
Honestly, I think it should've had a higher percentage for the Beast, like 3:1 ratio. Beast Eddie is always available, so giving him an equal chance is extremely aggravating. I got two 5 stars, one being Beast Eddie and the other being the Corrupt General.

AcesHigh189
11-25-2018, 09:30 PM
Hey, what's with all this Cant revenge in the defence section of the arena. I like have 12 people attack me but I cant revenge. Like can someone explain?

GotN
11-25-2018, 09:42 PM
Hey, what's with all this Cant revenge in the defence section of the arena. I like have 12 people attack me but I cant revenge. Like can someone explain?

You can only do 20 revenges a day and 2 against the same player a day.

jeff-3007
11-25-2018, 10:31 PM
Frack all this noise about what you didn't get! I wish Warlord talismans had a better description. I would have spent the Iron Coins. Dammit NF for the whack description of items that prove very useful for those who gamble.

Ip4
11-25-2018, 11:34 PM
can we expect cyborg monday starting in next 25min?

Esquatcho
11-27-2018, 02:10 AM
I think Im going to be going down to the wire to get the Furious Burns! Its pretty slow on auto (and without BE), just using BBE & Gunner Ninja. Half way now and just using them in the cyborg dungeon... Might have to manual a few to get there I suppose. Just so tedious!

Amarthir
11-27-2018, 02:48 AM
Pitched in my 10 free souls and pulled Purple Trickster and Benjamin Breed Eddie. No Beast though. Honestly, I think I'll hold on to these beast fragments just in case they come back. These are too good to let go of.

blade685
11-27-2018, 11:23 PM
95% of us will not loot beast without buying ton of ironit, without me NF :)

GrimDusk
11-27-2018, 11:40 PM
31 souls and only three red eyes; 1 Beast Eddie, 1 Corrupted General, and 1 Pharaoh Dog.

Wyphy
11-28-2018, 03:22 AM
Got my 10 event souls.
Won me a warrior allied soldier.

At least I got one new to me character, I didn't expect anything at all.

Zerynx
11-28-2018, 06:38 AM
Between the 10 for achievements and I bought a 10 pack. (I know.. but I wanted to at least try..)

All blue eyes.

Yee Haw!!

infinite dreamer
11-29-2018, 02:40 AM
My event souls were duds, but today I got the Number of the Beast cd in the mail with the Eddie LOTB NOTB figure. I entered the 666 ironite code and used it towards getting another 10 pack of dark souls. Red eyes and the Beast pops up! Along with him, I pulled a Visions dupe, a 4* Artillery Dog dupe and a 4* Allied Bomber Boy!

druid138
11-29-2018, 02:44 AM
My event souls were duds, but today I got the Number of the Beast cd in the mail with the Eddie LOTB NOTB figure. I entered the 666 ironite code and used it towards getting another 10 pack of dark souls. Red eyes and the Beast pops up! Along with him, I pulled a Visions dupe, a 4* Artillery Dog dupe and a 4* Allied Bomber Boy!

What an awesome way to score The Beast, man!

infinite dreamer
11-29-2018, 02:54 AM
Thanks! I was so pumped I cheered and scared my wife. She has to know I'm a little off after 11 years of marriage though.

Esquatcho
11-29-2018, 10:43 AM
Finally got through the last furious burns! Had to manual to get it done in time using BBE. Seams the best way to get beast eddie was to have.... beast eddie? Yeah strange choice of burn challenge imo. Anyway, at least it was doable for mid-teams!

So excited I got my two last dark souls.... And....

Nothing :'(

Ah well, god some FF Eddie shards and a few mats I guess. Reckon its worth holding the 'Beast' shards for a hope of another event some time? It says once only, but have there been cases where an event like this has come back again?

Or reckon its more worth converting to precious shards for the hope of getting an ultimate sacrificial hart for a potential December sacfest?

Symbiote
11-29-2018, 03:17 PM
Sooo.., yesterday i finished all the Event Goals..,
Today i threw in all the 10 Souls at once..,
BAM Red Eyes.., and i gooot a 4* Assassin Artillery Dog (whoooo : ) the rest of them just 3* Crap..,

Just to try my "luck" i bought just a 3 Pack Dark Souls.., i set my limit to only 300 Ironite.., because it's just a waste of useful resources for NOTHING!
3x 3* Crap..,

And for the Beast fragments, i don't think so, that they will be available again..,
It seems it's like the thing with Musashi and Samurai Emperor Eddie.., because in the BoS Fragements Section it says for Beast Soul "LIMITED TIME ONLY - Darkest Day Event" which is this Event.., after this they won't be available anymore, that's my guess..,

Yeah 130 Fragments of this whoop whoop. "Nice" Event.. :rolleyes: