PDA

View Full Version : Starlight (Arena) - Win Battles in the Arena for Starlight Relics!

Leviathan
11-25-2018, 12:07 AM
Earn Iron Coins, Gold, 3 debut Starlight Relics and more by achieving milestones in the Arena!

From now until December 1st at 4 PM PT, there are new event challenges added to the Challenges screen. These reward you for getting a certain amount of wins in the Arena before the event is over:

Win 10 Arena battles: Iron Coins x100 + Sands of Time x30
Win 30 Arena battles: Iron Coins x300 + Rare Soul x1 + Gold x50,000
Win 50 Arena battles: Iron Coins x500 + Starlight Relic (MAGIC) + Gold x150,000
Win 100 Arena battles: Iron Coins x1000 + Starlight Relic (ATK) + Gold x300,000
Win 200 Arena battles: Iron Coins x2000 + Starlight Relic (HP) + Gold x500,000

In addition, there are stretch goal reward tiers for every 100 wins beyond 200 (to a max of 500 wins), that gets you Legendary Soul x1 + Skill Shard x2 for each stretch goal achieved!

Starlight Relics are a new type of relic which gives players a limited-time 50% boost to various character stats in the Gauntlet.

Please note: These Relics expire 2 weeks after being earned. These Relics will not increase stats in the Arena.

druid138
11-25-2018, 12:11 AM
If the Relics only last for two weeks, it seems that we wouldn't want to earn any for at least a day to ensure we have the whole 2-week gauntlet period covered . . .

edsel
11-25-2018, 12:19 AM
Yeah not sure if it is worth tbe hassle of enduring 200 Arena wins to get a minor short-lived boost in Gauntlet. Probably gonna do it for iron coins tho. Then polish up some of my permanent relics.

HuckFinn150
11-25-2018, 12:30 AM
Weak defense set for those who need

Cefiar
11-25-2018, 12:34 AM
As always, running a weak defense. Think I may have almost used my defense revenges for the day already. ;)

rags-6094
11-25-2018, 12:35 AM
Come on guys you can do those arena battles with your eyes closed, 200 you say? Piece of cake... 300 even better!
Think of all the real relics those coins could buy as well as the ones you will earn playing!

rags-6094
11-25-2018, 12:37 AM
Yeah I get the weak defence thing but I won't be doing it. I'm genuinely sorry anyone effected but arena is kinda important to me so I'll have to refrain..

Cefiar
11-25-2018, 12:39 AM
Yeah I'm not invested in the game in that way. Happy to help out others who might find it harder do to.

Shaolin85london
11-25-2018, 12:39 AM
Loner carriege eddie as defense for the event, would be great if those alchemist teams d be taken off during the event....

rags-6094
11-25-2018, 01:54 AM
Loner carriege eddie as defense for the event, would be great if those alchemist teams d be taken off during the event....

Now that I can do, so sick of my own defence anyway!

Just as soon as my troopers are all sorted...

Symbiote
11-25-2018, 02:17 AM
Set up a lonely Beast Eddie who will defend is holy halls. xD (Didn't get him from the actual souls, but the last Sacrifice Event! :3 But i fear, that i will get him again now but not the Beast! We will see...)

But hey.., it seems NF listened (i really hope so!) 200 wins again, even if these Relics aren't permanent and only last for two weeks, the iron coins are a super reward.
AND it isn't that stressful because these relics aren't permanent..,
If you didn't get the 200 wins it isn't that bad.

I think this Arena Event is a good one, the last one was a good one too. Because only 200 wins.

Amarthir
11-25-2018, 02:50 AM
Temp Relics? Pfft, everybody knows the real reward here is the ~6000 iron coins that are rewarded for the journey there. When I get home tomorrow night I may just jump in for the 200 fights. My ranking should be low enough to make it a piece of cake.

URock
11-25-2018, 08:25 AM
Sorry, but I need the SOW to get Charlotte. Skipping this event.

Esquatcho
11-26-2018, 01:20 AM
Got lone eddie defence too, if anyone wants to pile on....

Agreed, this ones just for the coins really. Though with all the other events, I dont know if Ill have time to get through all the battles!

Waffen
11-28-2018, 03:06 AM

I totally agree. Being a new player it is hard to win against all the top tier players. If I run into a team with primodials I just quit right away lol.

I hope The top tier players take their defense down during such events to help out new players get some iron coins... I need those coins for relics so I can get to a higher tier in gauntlet.

Lthepostman
11-28-2018, 01:51 PM
I am not seeing a lot of people with low defence honestly. I gravitate around the 250 rank and I only see Hallowed eddy, semketh, alchemist, osiris, redan etc etc. Come one guys we need each other's help to easily hit that 200 battles goal :cool:

Tim28213
11-28-2018, 01:57 PM
I hit a short run of low defenses, but once I was past it I started hitting the rinse and repeat cycle with nearly every player having only a tiny variation of the same team. I have not run anything other than a single Eddie defense for at least 6-7 months now. The tiny increase in rewards from rank 250 and up just are not worth grinding through for me. At least in the lower ranks I see variety in the teams I battle.

Muzzleloader
11-28-2018, 02:59 PM
I usually run single Eddie defense on events, this is the worst percentage of easy defense teams in an event in many months. Many people believe that running a hard defense and taking easy wins gets them a higher rank. With easy defense revenge wins you actually have a higher rank with less energy spent and without any losses. With gauntlet and arena together every SoW count. If you are not in the top 100 or even 50 a hard defense doesnt gain any real benefits.

desprezo
11-28-2018, 03:10 PM
I usually run single Eddie defense on events, this is the worst percentage of easy defense teams in an event in many months. Many people believe that running a hard defense and taking easy wins gets them a higher rank. With easy defense revenge wins you actually have a higher rank with less energy spent and without any losses. With gauntlet and arena together every SoW count. If you are not in the top 100 or even 50 a hard defense doesnt gain any real benefits.

The only thing that really makes a difference is how much ironite you invest :)
But most people don't read the forum.

HuckFinn150
11-28-2018, 05:20 PM
I run an easy defense and notice it never affects my rank. Only if I don't play got a day, does it affect me.

thealchemist
11-29-2018, 01:05 AM
I have to agree, Ive had a higher rank (not that I care) usually with running a permanent easy defense than I ever had running anything that came close to a solid defense. Also the number of easy defenses is pretty thin, and sometimes they turn up in your revenge list but have decided to change their team to a full defense again? Why? At the moment I am on track for the 200 so I'm not fussed too much. But all these events at the same time though, ugghh!

Wyphy
11-29-2018, 01:06 AM
I don't do arena outside of single daily for reward, so I'm perpetually around 1200 score, (whatever rank that is, -4000 ?), where everyone seems to think they're contenders.
Don't really do gauntlet much, so I have a lot of SOW; 630 right now, and had about 800 when the event started.
I've won ~130 so far, and the other 70-80 or so has been spent just losing on purpose to get my score back down to ~1000 as most everyone there has just a solo Eddie, or they're low and have a weak team anyway.
Rather sad that I have to waste my time like that, but so it goes.

Zugzwang
11-30-2018, 02:41 AM
Come on guys you can do those arena battles with your eyes closed, 200 you say? Piece of cake... 300 even better!
Think of all the real relics those coins could buy as well as the ones you will earn playing!

Surprisingly few. I got 2 relics for the total I got for winning 200 battles. Took me awhile too since I’ve been getting stomped lately. I’m ranked high enough to face the good teams but my attack team combos just aren’t working as much anymore. I didn’t realize that getting relics that increase in cost would take so much. When it first started I wasn’t thinking about 2000+ IC per relic. I want them all maxed more for my OCD than for the actual increase in % at his point because levels 8-10 aren’t that much different anyway.

kgk56
12-01-2018, 09:58 AM
The Starlight Relics are really making a difference : I usually have to stop a AAA level but this time I pass through easy and I only need a victory to go to SS (but I'm lazy switching the talis)

Symbiote
12-01-2018, 06:23 PM
Can someone tell me, how it is possible to lose against a single Eddie Defense? :D

I only have a Beast Eddie as Defense with a very unfinished Set of Eclipse.., but here and there are some victory in my defense list..
One reason could be the bugged arena or lost connection..,

But if Beast Eddie wins alone i would like to see this. ^^

Muzzleloader
12-01-2018, 06:34 PM
What was the team made of you that was defeated? I've lost 2 fights this event due to bugs, this does happen.

Symbiote
12-01-2018, 08:09 PM
What was the team made of you that was defeated? I've lost 2 fights this event due to bugs, this does happen.

What i meant was, i set my Defense to Single Beast Eddie.
But he still got sometimes a Victory for me. :D
But alone he can't be that strong? ^^

HuckFinn150
12-01-2018, 08:12 PM
I lost a battle against Mystic Eddie at level 35 and level 1 toons. Even my fully sharded and maxed DDE's fit fury couldn't kill sand if them. The AI definitely has the deck stack in its favor to win. I reached the 200 Mark and I'm done with this event.

Symbiote
12-01-2018, 09:05 PM
Holy fuck.., that's really strange.., yeah these Events.., are just boring.., it's still just a habit.., i mean.., do they really think that this is fun? To grind Arena over and over and over..?

For me it's just a boring habit and really annoying..,

3-4 Days and then arrives Bug City.., and i can't be hyped.., not anymore... :/

infinite dreamer
12-01-2018, 10:10 PM
What i meant was, i set my Defense to Single Beast Eddie.
But he still got sometimes a Victory for me. :D
But alone he can't be that strong? ^^

I just got 1 defensive win with my lone non-talisman-ed unsharded CR Eddie as well. Probably an error for another player. It happened to me a few events ago where I lost to a lone 3* RTTH Eddie when the game froze just before the victory screen. Or maybe your lone Beast Eddie took care of business. :D

T-Man
12-01-2018, 11:37 PM
I ran a weak defense for nearly the entire event. Props to other that did the same. I’m hanging around outside the top 100, and have only seen roughly a couple of teams doing the same for the past few days. Switched back to a standard team last night.

Outside of events, I’ve been done with the Arena. It’s still a buggy, boring mess filled with copy cats.

Symbiote
12-02-2018, 12:06 AM
It really fucking sucks.., tried to get the fucking 200.., because of my real life i didn't had the time to grind this fucking shit out of this crap.., tried it the last hours.., and i ended up with 198 fucking wins..,
If i had find some more lone eddies i could do it..,
Man.., this game nothing more than just frustrating.., the fun is gone months ago..,

With the hope to still complete this i wasted so many ironite to refresh to find some lone Eddies.. but nooo.., nothing!
Here and there on or two., damn.., wasted ironite, wasted TIME and wasted nerves.., if i could break my habits better i would uninstall this money milking more and more boring game.., but i love Iron Maiden and once i really like this game too..,
But this game feels it comes to an end..,

Some days and Bug City will get released.., i'm just not a little bit excited because the last months were just BORING..,

Character, Grind, Characters, Grind.., MONEY MONEY MONEY., Grind.., bla bla bla

I really HATE this 24/7 GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND Crap..,

Symbiote
12-02-2018, 12:18 AM
I just got 1 defensive win with my lone non-talisman-ed unsharded CR Eddie as well. Probably an error for another player. It happened to me a few events ago where I lost to a lone 3* RTTH Eddie when the game froze just before the victory screen. Or maybe your lone Beast Eddie took care of business. :D

Haha yeah,, that's bitter with all this annoying bugs..,

Haha i don't know.., he really should doom all of this crap out of this game and make a good again.., this would be good buisness he could do.. ^^

Wyphy
12-02-2018, 03:42 PM
Could be they lost on purpose, I have done that.

I don't have the time or skill to be good at arena, so I normall finish the week around 1200 score, but apparently most everyone in the 1200-1400 range thinks they're contenders or something, as they almost all have maxed teams.
For the events I just win a while, then purposely lose 10-20 rounds to drop back to around 900-1000 where people seem to not care if they win or lose.
I didn't plan ahead this event and lose my daily arena so I had to run a few more losses than normal. Was somewhere around 800 SOT starting the event, finished at about 500, so probably spent around 400-450 SOT for 200 wins.

kgk56
12-03-2018, 08:43 AM
I ran an lonely naked Storm Eddie 3* for the event (only change for the last night), I got 300+ wins ... I crossed a lot of lonely Eddie or weak Teams on purpose ... I beat some others strong copycats Teams (but it's boring and took long time). I finished duelist I ... happy with that