PDA

View Full Version : character duplicates to keep for gauntlet

MetalKing
11-27-2018, 12:48 AM
What characters do you recommend keeping as duplicates to use in gauntlet (especially non-eddies). I figure some of the best would be the popular ones prisoner, angel of fear, lilliths, corrupt general. And some Eddie's might be iron, doomsday, beast, hallowed, and breeg. What ones do you recommend?

Zugzwang
11-27-2018, 01:26 AM
Keep no duplicates at all. Then when you get to the “ordered battle, no duplicates and no character refresh after grade” you’re all set with your roster of the singles you run.

Zerynx
11-27-2018, 01:38 AM
I vortexed two Prisoners in the Sac Event just prior to the Gauntlet being introduced, and I regret it.

I'm keeping the characters I like to play with the best, and that I play best with.

For me I'm keeping duplicates of my best Eddie of each Class: SSE, POM, DDE, Clansman and Iron. (My opinion)

Then I'm keeping any character that can use my Primoridals, Liliths, and I like damage absorbers so I keep a good supply of them too: WUR, DG and Green Bat.

90mphyorker
11-27-2018, 03:33 AM
Blockers and any characters that can take 6 set Talismans.

Muzzleloader
11-27-2018, 03:41 AM
In the short term you may want to level up some dupes of your choice, but I wouldnt spend any resources on them. There are several 2 and 3 * toons you can level up and even shard that can hold the 6 set talisman. When you get to the higher level gauntlet battles you will need all the different toons you can get. You never know what toon will be needed for some challenge.

You would be better off evolving/upgrading talisman than dupe toons. The pumkin sacathon showed you never know when all the resources you save can be used. I ran out of green and blue shards and colored 1 and 2* evo shards. Gold even became scarce for some.

The question is do you want long or short term goals/benefits in your game strategy.

Sag7272
11-27-2018, 04:10 AM
Well..
Dupe Icarus well served me t'll now, separate or together he's definitely nice to have around for Gauntlet or PvP
Also would have good words for dupe Count but he's a bit harder to come by..
Also would say I've been nearly 6 months away & never gone further than AAA yet so my opinion may be somewhat off..

Chaosego888
11-27-2018, 04:29 AM
I personally don't see the point in saving any duplicates. The only part of the Gauntlet that you actually need them, You can't use them anyway. Characters really don't matter so much until you get to SSS. It may change in the future but it's not really that hard to keep pulling the characters you already have.

Sag7272
11-27-2018, 04:47 AM
it's not really that hard to keep pulling the characters you already have.
That one made me laugh so hard 😂

Esquatcho
11-27-2018, 05:48 AM
it's not really that hard to keep pulling the characters you already have. omg rofl! So true!

kgk56
11-27-2018, 07:58 AM
I kept DDE, Samourai Emperor, Death Dog & W Lilith but will reconsider for more later

scott-5496
11-27-2018, 11:03 AM
I have many duplicates to be honest and that was mostly for gauntlet but also for LOL and missions where you need ot hit targets and where the dupes can help (if that makes sense). However, now that I have played gauntlet I am not sure how useful they are to be honest - I rarley want or need to go beyond SSS/SS so dupes are not a big help really - so I may be getting rif of them over time at sac events but keeping them for now. I also have dupes of characters that can do the six sets or have useful skills like immunity/block like others have said. I also tend to keep dupes of the characters I like to play or who are good in LOL/BNW - so corrupt rescuers, hellraisers, demon spawn and characters like Prisoner, G COTD, Witch Doctor, Alliance General......

Not surte if they wil stick but for now I am keeping them and now that the roster size has expanded that is fine though I now need to add in lower level characters to complete my full roster as I got rid of a fair few when I ran out of room.

I am slowly upgrading the dupes for either use or sac.

edsel
11-27-2018, 01:52 PM
Prisoner, warrior Undead Rescuer, magus Lilith, Icarus, assassin Pyro Soldier, Desert Marauder. These are so useful in augmenting team builds when dupes allowed. Up to 5 dupes is my upper limit for valuable characters to ensure passing grades that challenge.

natasar
11-27-2018, 03:59 PM
Since the roster expansion, I keep dupes of every Eddie and most 5* and 4* characters (had quite a few already before then). However, it is more of a collection thing for me, so I level them up, but have not spent a single skill shard on any of them. Also, I do not remember that I used any other dupe than a Prisoner once in Gauntlet.

Blade
11-29-2018, 11:22 AM
Since the roster expansion, I keep dupes of every Eddie and most 5* and 4* characters (had quite a few already before then). However, it is more of a collection thing for me, so I level them up, but have not spent a single skill shard on any of them. Also, I do not remember that I used any other dupe than a Prisoner once in Gauntlet.

Almost the same here. I kept a lot of dups but it was not necessary until now and in the hardest tiers it is not allowed anyway. As we have more slots now I will hold on these for now