PDA

View Full Version : Vote one, vote all for your favourite dog!

The Educated fool
08-27-2016, 03:18 AM
Why should Eddie get all the love? And really, given the number of fabulous canine characters in this game, how could we not vote on this? :cool:

Let us know why the pooch you choose got your vote too!

Also: I was going to call this thread "Going to the dogs," and I didn't, in recognition of the importance of the voting process. I just wanted you all to know that. :)

(Note: Mods, if you would, please delete the duplicate thread... my computer glitched as I was posting. Many thanks.)

The Educated fool
08-27-2016, 03:56 AM
Dammit! There is no Mummy Dog King... that should be Burning Mummy Dog. With apologies to the Mummy Dog in question: if I could edit it, I would!

Gonzo
08-27-2016, 04:00 AM
Demon Dog is one of the most underrated characters in the game. He has one of the best single dps in the entire game, plus his stun is really good.

BUT... The Hellhound is just too good, man. He's the master of the doggies.

The Educated fool
08-27-2016, 04:05 AM
I'm a huge fan of Rocket Dog, myself... he's such a good hitter! For me, it's all about hitting everyone in front of me as hard as possible. :cool:

Gonzo
08-27-2016, 04:11 AM
I'm a huge fan of Rocket Dog, myself... he's such a good hitter! For me, it's all about hitting everyone in front of me as hard as possible. :cool:

Hellhound does that... AND he has an incredible heal. I'd like to get one, although I have a lot of Warriors leveled up already.

The Educated fool
08-27-2016, 04:16 AM
Ah, for some reason I thought he was a single target hitter... I don't think the trooper that I tried him from had him at a very high level either, so the heal didn't seem that impressive at the time.

Fighting ability isn't necessarily everything though, as far as a picking a favourite... or at least, it doesn't have to be! I think Rocket Dog's look is wonderfully insane. lol

PerthEddie
08-27-2016, 04:30 AM
Having used a Troopers fully maxed Hellhound a couple of times then I am going for him. Would love to get one myself. Is it a Legendary soul only drop or can you get one from rare or even ordinary souls?

The Educated fool
08-27-2016, 04:35 AM
My understanding is that every character is possible from rare souls, if one is lucky enough. Ordinary souls, on the other hand, will never give you higher than a 3*.

Gonzo
08-27-2016, 04:35 AM
You can get him in Rare Souls, Legendary Souls and Warrior Souls. He's a 4*

Vaseodin
08-27-2016, 05:47 AM
I vote for purple Artillery Dog. It is very rare, but has amazing skills. great AOE damage with bleed and Physical charge PLUS endure (unkillable for 2 turns), which you can spam every 2 rounds. He is bad to the BONE. Woof!!!

Great thread!

Kaijester
08-27-2016, 07:21 AM
My understanding is that every character is possible from rare souls, if one is lucky enough. Ordinary souls, on the other hand, will never give you higher than a 3*.

Have you seen Gunner or Assassin characters from rare souls?

Gonzo
08-27-2016, 07:43 AM
They don't drop from Rare Gun/Assasin Souls? o.O

Jennie-5128
08-27-2016, 10:12 AM
I have two doggies of my own. They would both be very sad if I said a doggie in a game was more my favourite than them.

That said...

For looks: Pharaoh dog
For damage: Mummy Dog or that red one with the bazooka on his back

I love hellhound, but I don't think of it as a doggie because it looks like a pony, & it's main attack is a very equine movement, so I think of it as the red beardy pony

007RAV15-8839
08-27-2016, 01:40 PM
I like that first blue dog I had damaged multiple enemies and had heal. Wish I didn't sell him. You know for the memories.

Gonzo
08-27-2016, 01:44 PM
I love hellhound, but I don't think of it as a doggie because it looks like a pony, & it's main attack is a very equine movement, so I think of it as the red beardy pony

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

+10000000000000000

Nekroliun
08-27-2016, 04:05 PM
I have to go with hellhound, he is such a good dmg dealer and an op healer, his heals are preeetty good, he will always rule the dogs, he even has a unique model, u cant beat THAT

Demon Dog is one of the most underrated characters in the game. He has one of the best single dps in the entire game, plus his stun is really good.

I agree, before the update his chomp didnt have a stun, but now he is such a good char, he only needs hp imo, he can crit for 7k with physical charge and crit chance at 3* lvl 60, which will most likely stun whatever he attacks

Jennie-5128
08-27-2016, 11:27 PM
I see my pony comment killed the thread. Oops. Didn't even have gin as an excuse at that point.

Hypnos
08-28-2016, 01:05 AM
What happened to the almighty pharaoh dog king everyone was once talking about? Poor pup

Kraznoff
08-29-2016, 12:57 AM
With skill shards the Hell Hound's lifesteal lasts 5 turns! That's on top of devastating AOE damage when maxed out, and a chance to increase the attack of all allies. I have him paired with OG Eddie and a red Child of the Damned for an unstoppable team. The more damage I do, the more I heal.

Keiji86Maeda
08-31-2016, 11:55 PM
Hellhound is best for sure.

But has anyone maxed out a Demon Dog and tried him out? His power ability pretty gives such a high chance of critical hits. I have one but, it will be a long time before I get enough Skill Shards to max him out... And my own Hell Hound has priority still in that.

Kaijester
09-02-2016, 05:27 AM
Saw Death Dog from dev account (the one with Grim Reaper Eddie), and noticed that his power ability provides physical boost but weaken his DEF...true to his name, he will easily be a dead...death dog.

The Educated fool
09-06-2016, 04:19 PM
Hell Hound and the Rocket Dog... I see a new dynamic duo emerging!

Nekroliun
09-06-2016, 04:29 PM
I wish i can rechoose, imo demon dog deserved more

The Educated fool
09-06-2016, 06:06 PM
I'm surprised to see no votes for Mummy Dog and Dog of War. Thought they'd do better. :cool:

12lisa
09-06-2016, 07:37 PM
Hellhound is too good to pass on and for me has hands down most utility. Secong place goes to the gunner dog, because with Axis Bomber boy (warrior) he gets a sick 70% chance on extra turns without skill shards (with shards, itīs 85%). So basically the enemy team canīt hurt you because they donīt get a turn :P

Shifter
09-07-2016, 02:23 AM
Rocket dog is my fav, because of his passive with my Samurai Eddie but i was desperately trying to get my last 3* red to level my Hell hound to go with them. (Dang crashes and freezes today though wow).
Rocket dog, Hell hound, SE will be unstoppable.

thursty-1116

The Educated fool
09-10-2016, 01:23 AM
Eddie and those doggies does sound pretty baddass.

The Educated fool
09-23-2016, 05:16 PM
Bump for democracy!

Nekroliun
09-23-2016, 11:37 PM
Jupiter Law no.666

Bumping for whatever reason, especially for democracy, whoever commits bumping is sentenced to life at prison, any attempts of escape will result in a death sentence, the executions are held at 11:58 of every saturday.

The Educated fool
09-24-2016, 07:51 AM
Jupiter's laws are no concern of mine... do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law! :cool:

osiris0000
09-24-2016, 08:35 AM
How about the Wickerdog King & Queen? Since they have highest damage stats of their classes, how they are working for you guys?

BillLion
09-24-2016, 12:11 PM
I vote for purple Artillery Dog. It is very rare, but has amazing skills. great AOE damage with bleed and Physical charge PLUS endure (unkillable for 2 turns), which you can spam every 2 rounds. He is bad to the BONE. Woof!!!

Great thread!

Anyone else feel this way? I got the purple artillery dog a couple weeks ago but haven't taken him to 5*s yet.

Also, for those who have him -what's your build for him?

BillLion
09-25-2016, 01:10 AM
Well, I took the purple artillery dog to 5*s after all tonight -I'm bored and I need a new toy while I wait for the new content! ;)

Anyway, so far he's pretty sweet. His heal block is great and very useful at times. I think he'll be very useful in the dungeons.

aur0ra85
09-25-2016, 01:57 AM
I was kinda "meh" when I got the hellhound, and it was a while picking through characters before I took him to five stars. He's been a staple of every team build I've ever done since, and I've literally tried to build teams around him. He doesn't hit the hardest, he doesn't heal the most, he doesn't have the cheapest heal with regards to power; but he's a tank at 30k HP, hits better than soldier Eddie, does AOE damage, his skill boosts attack ALOT, lifesteal lets you attack when you should be healing, his immunity passive is money against bosses, and in general is probably one of the most useful characters I've seen in this game. Just a jack of all trades, and fits with any team (more emphasis on characters that scale attack and do physical damage). Respect this guy in PvP. One of my favs, and I'm going to max his skills.

Edit: if you're running a blue or green team (or one that scales magic), pharaoh dog King is money too. I'm in the process of re-upgrading him with a new talisman build. His magic charge is dynamite, passive priceless against bosses, and heal after every turn is a nice bonus.

I'm on the lookout for a wicker dog King, and wicker dog queen is on the radar but further down the line.

The Educated fool
09-25-2016, 05:53 PM
PDK has been near the top of my wish list for a long while now...

JakkuFurosu
09-26-2016, 12:45 AM
I just pulled a 5* pdk, gave his stats/abilities a quick glance and wasnt impressed. Figured id come to board and search sent me here.Auroras post gave me a bit of hope and being this my only 5* ill see for awhile barring a update guess ill try to work on him.
im not a fan of single target unless theres a big pro and didnt see that here but i could be underestimating him

The Educated fool
09-26-2016, 12:49 AM
It's not really what he does by himself--though he can hit alright--but what he can do for others that makes him a star.

aur0ra85
09-26-2016, 01:22 AM
I just pulled a 5* pdk, gave his stats/abilities a quick glance and wasnt impressed. Figured id come to board and search sent me here.Auroras post gave me a bit of hope and being this my only 5* ill see for awhile barring a update guess ill try to work on him.
im not a fan of single target unless theres a big pro and didnt see that here but i could be underestimating him
Pretty good with carriage rider Eddie, or any of the other blue eddies. Haven't tried him with the green eddies, but I think they all do true damage so it prob wouldn't work out. Get yourself a blue allied cheese soldier for the winning combo.

Reeb99
09-26-2016, 05:12 AM
Haven't used Hellhound or any of the really rare dogs yet, but Rocket Dog is pretty darn good with an all physical attack team. My only dislike is that auto farm with him the AI uses the meh stun skill way too often.

Been leveling up a magus Wickerdog Queen lately. Is it just me, or does that character do kinda low damage despite the high magic stat?

BillLion
09-26-2016, 03:21 PM
Well, now that I've been using my purple artillery dog at 5*s for a few days I must say he's my fave (not that I use a lot of other dogs). Vase was right.

He does some hard AOE damage, and his bleeds are nice, but the big deal -heal block! What a great thing especially in the dungeons. Also because his AOE attack comes in two strikes of damage per target he often polishes off the team revives in one attack. Glad I leveled him!

Qed
09-26-2016, 04:08 PM
Well, now that I've been using my purple artillery dog at 5*s for a few days I must say he's my fave (not that I use a lot of other dogs). Vase was right.

He does some hard AOE damage, and his bleeds are nice, but the big deal -heal block! What a great thing especially in the dungeons. Also because his AOE attack comes in two strikes of damage per target he often polishes off the team revives in one attack. Glad I leveled him!

Which talismans are you using?

BillLion
09-26-2016, 04:18 PM
Which talismans are you using?

I use an assassin talisman shield for the required purple slot and a stone talisman for the green (this is only out of necessity because I have 2 5* green characters that run all green 5* talismans -thus I have none to spare).

For the red slots I use a pair of guardian talisman fierce and a pair of strength talisman fierce (both sets from my COTD).

Currently all my talismans on him are 5*s except the green one. My obvious next step is to get a proper 5* green talisman in there -prob health talisman overwhelming.

I'm not sure this is the best build, but it's what makes sense to me for the moment since he does physical damage. So I sacrifice the set benefits of the purple and green talismans in order to get the attack boost on the reds. He's a little squishy now, but I have him covered w/ my Pharaoh Eddie. Also getting the green to 5*s will give him a nice HP boost.

If anyone has a better build I'm open to ideas...

Qed
09-26-2016, 05:24 PM
I used something similiar but i found the damage output quite low.

BillLion
09-26-2016, 05:48 PM
I just ran the assassin dungeon 3 times and I got 2 strikes of damage at 3,300 per strike per opponent. This means in rounds 1 & 2 of the level 7 dungeon he took all the enemies out in one hit. In the boss round I'd have to bring in the rest of my team to finish him off.

The only variable I can think of is I do use Alliance General with him which provides a passive attack boost at the start of each battle. However, the #s above are without me using his power move which gives critical hits -that gets his damage even higher.

BillLion
09-27-2016, 02:29 AM
And now the purple artillery dog will be getting even better (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1834-Upcoming-Character-Tuning&p=12836#post12836)

The Educated fool
09-28-2016, 12:55 AM
He and PDK are tops on my puppy adoption wish list. :cool:

Kaijester
09-28-2016, 01:47 AM
I'm having a hard time rearing my four PDKs so I'm going to sacrifice three of them when the time comes...

The Educated fool
09-28-2016, 01:50 AM
I cannot help but feel that the gods shall be duly pleased... :cool:

Qed
09-28-2016, 09:53 AM
And now the purple artillery dog will be getting even better (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1834-Upcoming-Character-Tuning&p=12836#post12836)

Loving the buff here.

BillLion
09-28-2016, 12:00 PM
Loving the buff here.

Yeah, this really is fantastic. And fair I think.

The Educated fool
09-28-2016, 11:06 PM
Yeah, this really is fantastic. And fair I think.

Make him your champion for a while, why don't you? Share the wealth. :cool:

BillLion
10-01-2016, 06:16 PM
Make him your champion for a while, why don't you? Share the wealth. :cool:

Just saw this! I'm going to put Pharaoh Eddie on the bench for a day or so so my troopers can check assassin artillery dog out. The timing will be good for the gunner dungeon rifts starting in a few hours...

Would love to hear what you think about him.

Aristo4
10-01-2016, 07:25 PM
Never once used a purple artillery dog, lets see :cool:

BillLion
10-01-2016, 07:37 PM
Never once used a purple artillery dog, lets see :cool:

Let me know what you think!

Aristo4
10-01-2016, 07:38 PM
After 3AM when the game day starts here....:mad:

BillLion
10-01-2016, 07:44 PM
After 3AM when the game day starts here....:mad:

8pm here. Where are you?

Aristo4
10-01-2016, 07:50 PM
8pm here. Where are you?

Near to the east, in a part of ancient Greece, in an ancient land called Macedonia.

Northern Greece.

BillLion
10-01-2016, 07:54 PM
Near to the east, in a part of ancient Greece, in an ancient land called Macedonia.

Northern Greece.

Nice! BTW: Alexander the Great does not get enough love as one of their epic songs IMHO.

Aristo4
10-01-2016, 08:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDEfsU0DK-A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUAr5-ts_fc

Maybe there, we here have a special place in out heads for the song. + this bruce guy always teases us ;)

BillLion
10-02-2016, 12:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDEfsU0DK-A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUAr5-ts_fc

Maybe there, we here have a special place in out heads for the song. + this bruce guy always teases us ;)

Aww -what a tease! I know they don't ever deviate from their set lists, but it would be super cool to that for special places like that with deep connections to their songs. Kind of like Transylvania...you have to play that when doing a show there...

The Educated fool
10-02-2016, 12:13 AM
Just saw this! I'm going to put Pharaoh Eddie on the bench for a day or so so my troopers can check assassin artillery dog out. The timing will be good for the gunner dungeon rifts starting in a few hours...

Would love to hear what you think about him.

Well it's about bloody time, man! (I kid, I kid). :cool: Thanks! Can't wait to check him out!

EDIT: Just tried him. He seems like one cool puppy! Thanks for sharing.

Aristo4
10-02-2016, 12:16 AM
Pretty nice little doggy I must say, gotta give him more spins though. First impressions good :p

I'd like to lay hands on this and the red rocket dog

The Educated fool
10-02-2016, 12:16 AM

Northern Greece.

What an impossibly baddass place to be from! Those clips are cool as hell, man.

Aristo4
10-02-2016, 12:23 AM
What an impossibly baddass place to be from! Those clips are cool as hell, man.

Well, how does someone respond to that? THX, I might be badass after all :p;)
If they don't play that once here (99,666% they wont) it will be the biggest 'why' in my involvement with maiden.

The Educated fool
10-02-2016, 12:26 AM
I've always wanted to visit Greece... hopefully one day. I find your country's history fascinating.

And I totally hear you... surely they will play it once, at least!

BillLion
10-02-2016, 12:41 AM
I've always wanted to visit Greece... hopefully one day. I find your country's history fascinating.

And I totally hear you... surely they will play it once, at least!

Def agree with this.

And thanks for trying out the mutated mutt. I'll leave him up another day or so because he really shines against enemies that replenish health. Once you see him blocking enemy health he really shines. BTW: I never use his special move myself, just a one play dog for me with his main attack.

The Educated fool
10-02-2016, 01:05 AM
I shall have to bring him farming the Circle of Fire tomorrow, then! Mess with the stupid green demons a bit...

BillLion
10-02-2016, 01:32 AM
I shall have to bring him farming the Circle of Fire tomorrow, then! Mess with the stupid green demons a bit...

Yeah, perfect! He'll make you smile there.

BillLion
10-03-2016, 09:19 AM
Back to Pharaoh Eddie. I woke up with literally 1/2 the trooper points I would normally receive 2 mornings in a row.

Not sure if people didn't dig the dog or if they just want an Eddie they can throw in the middle of their team, but I can't afford the loss any more! :)

The Educated fool
10-04-2016, 11:44 PM
How odd... well, like old Jimmy Mo liked to say: "People are strange." :cool:

Aristo4
10-08-2016, 04:45 PM
Bump.

Wickerdog Queen vs Rocket Dog...who to get to 5*?

The queen would go together with Carriage,Blue Allied,PDK,providing another AOE magic dealer.
The rocket dog would be added to the list of 5* warriors with COTD,PSS,red golden son.

Got no warrior eddie for any warrior synergies, and all my warriors go together with the cyborg (he fits everywhere). To be honest i'd go with the rocket dog but its easier to level 5-6 blue talismans than any red ones :mad:

* Other 4*'s I have that someone could propose sth are: warrior troll,red soulless demon,demon dog (meh),dog of war (meh), wickerdog king (semi-meh), sentinel and gunner bomber boys (mehx2)

MetalWarrior
10-08-2016, 04:59 PM
Bump.

Wickerdog Queen vs Rocket Dog...who to get to 5*?

Answer lies within your question,#1 Rocket Dog .

Nekroliun
10-08-2016, 05:03 PM
I heard the queen's getting her stats balanced since 1.7k is absurd...

The Educated fool
10-08-2016, 06:25 PM
Rocket Dog is the way to go!

Nekroliun
10-08-2016, 06:25 PM

Yes i agree

Spambot9274
10-08-2016, 06:26 PM
Yes i agree

I agree with your agreeation

Nekroliun
10-08-2016, 06:29 PM

Idk what "agreeation" means but ok!

Spambot9274
10-08-2016, 06:30 PM
Idk what "agreeation" means but ok!

Its the noun version of agree...

Toddlers
10-08-2016, 06:36 PM
Its the noun version of agree...

Are you seriously gonna talk to yourself using 2 accounts, what a wierdo

Spambot9274
10-08-2016, 06:37 PM

Idk what u talkin about...

Nekroliun
10-08-2016, 06:40 PM

Yep your just paranoid

Aristo4
10-08-2016, 07:21 PM
Idk what u talkin about...

hahaha lol.

Aristo4
10-09-2016, 01:42 PM
Answer lies within your question,#1 Rocket Dog .

Rocket Dog it is... lvl 92 (tonight 100) reporting for duty.

Nekroliun
10-09-2016, 01:45 PM
Rocket Dog it is... lvl 92 (tonight 100) reporting for duty.

Talismans?

Aristo4
10-09-2016, 01:50 PM
1 health over 50, 2 burning 50, 2 piercing 50+40, explosive 50...3200atk + 14000 health till I work the set I want for him.

Nekroliun
10-09-2016, 02:18 PM
1 health over 50, 2 burning 50, 2 piercing 50+40, explosive 50...3200atk + 14000 health till I work the set I want for him.

Well i bet hes gonna hit like a truck when you finish... he's a warmachine...

Aristo4
10-09-2016, 03:23 PM
Tough to make him like eagleknight's though. He inspired me originally with this but rocket dog needs many skillshards,meh.

Got 2 more to reach 24 on the cyborg, hard to decide where to invest next :mad:

aur0ra85
10-09-2016, 03:39 PM
Tough to make him like eagleknight's though. He inspired me originally with this but rocket dog needs many skillshards,meh.

Got 2 more to reach 24 on the cyborg, hard to decide where to invest next :mad:
Invest in an ally that is an excellent pairing with cyborg, and not likely to get nerfed in the future. If you don't have a toon that meets those criteria, I'd either dump into an Eddie of another class (green?), or bank them, or purchase gunner souls. Just my take ;)

Nekroliun
10-09-2016, 04:17 PM
Invest in an ally that is an excellent pairing with cyborg, and not likely to get nerfed in the future. If you don't have a toon that meets those criteria, I'd either dump into an Eddie of another class (green?), or bank them, or purchase gunner souls. Just my take ;)

Imo Demon dog is doesnt get the recognition he deserves! Hes amazing! Prob no synergy with cyborg but he can deal a crap ton of damage in one attack using his extra turn+ physical charge ability! (Idk if its crit charge or physical... been a while since i used him), the damage he dead usually puts enemies underneath 30% hp so they get stunned! Op! he used to be on my main team as the damage dealer, he carried me through mid battlefield, then the nomad happened...

The Educated fool
10-23-2016, 10:53 PM
More bump for democracy! :cool:

Reeb99
10-24-2016, 12:15 AM
Imo Demon dog is doesnt get the recognition he deserves! Hes amazing! Prob no synergy with cyborg but he can deal a crap ton of damage in one attack using his extra turn+ physical charge ability! (Idk if its crit charge or physical... been a while since i used him), the damage he dead usually puts enemies underneath 30% hp so they get stunned! Op! he used to be on my main team as the damage dealer, he carried me through mid battlefield, then the nomad happened...

Demon dog basically has the same offensive buff that allied General has, just that it instantly grants another turn and is a self buff only. He can do some pretty nice single target damage though...

The Educated fool
11-05-2016, 03:44 PM
More greater bumping for new people! :cool:

Sussexsaint
11-26-2016, 11:26 PM
Pharaoh Dog King is a beast for me, huge heals and the magic buff causes massive damage with the right team