PDA

View Full Version : frontier coins - advice

bizon
12-09-2018, 01:08 PM
I collected over 2200 FC and asked what next?
I do not have Alex, gods (exception Sekhmet), and purple and red lilith ...
Buy something or collect more FC?

edsel
12-09-2018, 03:08 PM
I resisted Alex Ed and some other purchases like the magus and assassin gods of powerslave to save in hopes of surely something better will be available. Once you piss away 2500 on something mediocre and a excellent character becomes purchasable the next day you will regret. These take a while to accumulate, I am holding out for a,Must Have item instead of just spending on something I don't really want that bad just because I have the resource.

Zugzwang
12-10-2018, 06:44 AM
Buy 3 Avenger Talismans. Revenge is a far superior version of Counter.

kgk56
12-10-2018, 08:59 AM
I resisted Alex Ed and some other purchases like the magus and assassin gods of powerslave to save in hopes of surely something better will be available. Once you piss away 2500 on something mediocre and a excellent character becomes purchasable the next day you will regret. These take a while to accumulate, I am holding out for a,Must Have item instead of just spending on something I don't really want that bad just because I have the resource.

I have buy Alex (and didn't regret it) and still I saved almost 5000 FC : waiting for the ultimate character :)

Esquatcho
12-10-2018, 02:43 PM
If I may take this thread a step sideways please - For someone who doesnt have any of the FC characters. Who are they most important ones and why?

kgk56
12-10-2018, 03:46 PM
If I may take this thread a step sideways please - For someone who doesnt have any of the FC characters. Who are they most important ones and why?

You really means none of it ? not even Liliths or Powerslave Gods (at least M Lilith & Horus for his stunning or Osiris for revive a team are usefull) ?
Forget the characters before the Liliths (Trooper, Clairevoyant, Belzebuth, Wrath ...) : outdated (only for collectible) or maybe Eternity Eddie
Forget the SS & the Mythical Souls : they are common to find or cheaper elsewhere or will again appears in events
Alexander is the go to guy if you want to auto-farm TNotB madness (100% wins with the goods allies)
Maybe You need the Talies : all are usefull depend your needs (but they may comes in Gaunlet sooner or later)

Stormseye
12-10-2018, 07:05 PM
The real question you need to ask is what is your intention? Are you planning on improving your position in the Arena or climb higher in the Guantlet? Are you looking for an easier PVE farm team? Are you just looking to collect? Those are the questions that will help you determine what to spend if any.

If you are looking to improve in the Arena - I would consider Magus Lillith (arguably the best blocker in the game with Destiny), Osiris or Horus - Any of these three would help greatly in the Arena.

If you are looking to farm PVE - Alexander is great for that but there are still other allies that can do what he does. I personally farm Powerslave exclusively and have no need to farm NoTB.

If you are a collector - I would consider picking up a few more Lilliths and Gods before getting Alexander last. As Edsel stated , it is a hefty investment for an Eddie that is not as versatile as another purchasable character.

Another suggestion was to purchase some of the newer talismans if you don't have them. Both Redemption and Avenger are quite good and can help you in all aspects of the game.

FC have become slightly easier to acquire than in prior months but are still the rarest currency in the game. Remember to always use your Trooper Badges and Iron coins to buy Eternity/Trooper soul fragments every week. I still set aside 500IC each week for those purchases as each soul turned in results in 100FC. Also don't forget Alchemist souls also reward 100FC so with the upcoming sacrifice event you may want to start to get your vortex close to a refill.

Good Luck on your decision.

bizon
12-10-2018, 09:15 PM
the goal is a simple night city ...
which unit can help me?

NOTB - Cyborg with primordialis and alchemist with angel works great. You do not need alexander;)

Esquatcho
12-11-2018, 01:29 PM
Thats great thanks kgk and storm! And good point about eternity souls. I have been doing trooper souls, but need to get into the eternity souls now too!

Tbh, I dont have any plan except build a better team to get further in gauntlet and work the night city. Im ~200 frags away from a lillith and maybe depending on which one I pull, use the extras so get blue lillith?

Of the gods, which is more useful Horus or Osiris? Or Sek?

Liu
12-11-2018, 01:57 PM
I haven't got Horus, so I only know what it's like on the receiving end - most of the time he stuns me right into the depths of oblivion, though his damage appears to be quite low and if he doesn't stun the s*** out of you (which is a pretty big if) he actually is not that hard to kill.

Between Osiris and Sekhmet I personally feel Sekhmet is better since Osiris doesn't deal much damage (but maybe I'm doing it wrong, I'm running him with energy & strike), his heal and passive are quite nice, but imo Sekhmet is more versatile. Her fury fury provides all of your toons with an extra turn and a huge damage boost while her basic and power already deal very high damage. Plus there's been a topic on how weak warriors are, with the exception of Sekhmet - which makes her more outstanding within her class as compared to the other gods within their respective classes. Another downside to Osiris is him costing 500 FC more than Horus or Sekhmet.

If you're pvping a lot Horus is probably the better choice, though if you want more versatility outside of the arena I'd suggest you buy Sekhmet.

edit: running Sekhmet with strike & energy as well

Stormseye
12-11-2018, 03:47 PM
Horus is going to be more useful as an all round ally. He is great in PVP and can really help in Night City.

Magus Lillith for sure on the purchase if you don't pull her from the event and you decide on a Lillith instead of a God.

bizon
12-15-2018, 11:30 AM
I have a blue Lilith and even 3.
I wonder about the gods Horus or Osiris? Which one will you recommend to Night City?
Set probably it is not worth considering to buy, or maybe I'm wrong?

Stormseye
12-15-2018, 11:59 AM
I would go with Horus over Osiris for Night City. Since you go first every time, Horus will have a good chance to stun and remove beneficial effects.

bizon
12-15-2018, 12:11 PM
what set of talismans do you recommend for him?

infinite dreamer
12-15-2018, 02:11 PM
what set of talismans do you recommend for him?

The 6 green Eternal set works well on Horus. He is really useful for Night City, especially for the skull quests.

Sidney
12-15-2018, 03:34 PM
I would go with Horus over Osiris for Night City. Since you go first every time, Horus will have a good chance to stun and remove beneficial effects.

100% Agree!!! Horus is a key ally in Night City. If you have him and Prisoner you are going to have a good time!!

Esquatcho
12-15-2018, 03:37 PM
100% Agree!!! Horus is a key ally in Night City. If you have him and Prisoner you are going to have a good time!!

I've got neither :/ Getting close to Horus though! Been chasing prisoner for years!

Sidney
12-15-2018, 04:17 PM
I've got neither :/ Getting close to Horus though! Been chasing prisoner for years!

I still believe when you setup your account, you are predestined to have an affinity for collecting certain characters. The Prisoner eluded me for the first year and a half playing this game along with Pharoah Dog King. Once I got them, they dropped as dupes all the time. I think I've sacrificed probably 7 Prisoners since I got him the first time. "RNGMYASS" :-)

Banished
12-17-2018, 02:55 PM
I use this topic although my question is not so much related to what buy with FC. But I used my FC to acquire Assassin Lilith and opened it today. It seems to me that when you open a lilith soul, you are supposed to receive 100 FC and I did not. Am I mistaken?

Blade
12-17-2018, 02:57 PM
I use this topic although my question is not so much related to what buy with FC. But I used my FC to acquire Assassin Lilith and opened it today. It seems to me that when you open a lilith soul, you are supposed to receive 100 FC and I did not. Am I mistaken?

You don't get FC for bought souls, only if you got it from fragments. Same for Eternals and Troopers btw.

Banished
12-17-2018, 03:18 PM
You don't get FC for bought souls, only if you got it from fragments. Same for Eternals and Troopers btw.

Txs for the clarification.

Dreadful
12-25-2018, 12:46 AM
Hi, I didnt want to start another thread asking a similar questions, so o hope its okay that I ask here.

So I have been playing for about a month now and saved up about 600 frontier coins. Should I use 500 to get one of the available characters, or wait until I save up some more and get a lilith for 700?

Thanks

GotN
01-06-2019, 12:07 PM
Hi, I didnt want to start another thread asking a similar questions, so o hope its okay that I ask here.

So I have been playing for about a month now and saved up about 600 frontier coins. Should I use 500 to get one of the available characters, or wait until I save up some more and get a lilith for 700?

Thanks

I would go for magus or warrior Lilith (in this order). Only useful char from Eternals is Clair imo. Even better would be to safe some more ICs and go for Sakhmet or Osiris. All depends ofc on what team you are working on.

What brings me to my question to the community:
I saved up about 2k ICs. Should I go for Sakhmet? I have all other gods except blue one, I don’t want, and have also Alex. Or should I wait for something bigger to come? I know Sakhmet is very useful, but I’m not sure if they plan to make some other great chars available from ICs, which will surely be again more expensive than the gods.

The Educated fool
01-06-2019, 09:04 PM
I would go for magus or warrior Lilith (in this order). Only useful char from Eternals is Clair imo. Even better would be to safe some more ICs and go for Sakhmet or Osiris. All depends ofc on what team you are working on.

I saved up about 2k ICs. Should I go for Sakhmet? I have all other gods except blue one, I don’t want, and have also Alex. Or should I wait for something bigger to come? I know Sakhmet is very useful, but I’m not sure if they plan to make some other great chars available from ICs, which will surely be again more expensive than the gods.

Sekhmet is by far my favourite of the Gods, and a truly baddass character. As good as Horus is in Night City, I've found Sekhmet better (with Doomsday and Prisoner). I would say it's impossible to go wrong with buying Sekhmet, personally... but of course you do run the risk of missing some newly-added-to-Frontier-Coin-world characters when/if they do arive. Of options available though, I'd still take Sekhmet over most any I can think of that might be added (The Beast, The Killer, The Count, Baroness Redan, etc).

My two cents, amigo. :cool:

Iced_Earth
01-06-2019, 09:48 PM
Seth is a good choice too, he is supposed to be the hardest hitting charakter ingame if you equip him with shadow and warlord talismans.. he can wipe out the most teams with one hit

The Educated fool
01-06-2019, 10:15 PM
Seth is a good choice too, he is supposed to be the hardest hitting charakter ingame if you equip him with shadow and warlord talismans.. he can wipe out the most teams with one hit

He is definitely underrated! He has Shadow as his permanent build, for me, and I run him with Wrath and Rainmaker with Shadow and Assassin Pyro Soldier (with Marks) as my ultimate Assassin team. :cool:

Dreadful
01-08-2019, 08:32 PM

Thank you. I have about 1,000 FC now because I was able to get some FC from the Christmas event. My main thing would be to be able to do night city and gauntlet. As of right now, I can't even beat the 1st stage of night city.

Gregward
01-10-2019, 05:19 AM
Hey EF - could you post a pic of the warlord talisman? I think l missed that one.

druid138
01-10-2019, 06:11 AM
Hey EF - could you post a pic of the warlord talisman? I think l missed that one.

You should be able to see them in the Store. They are currently being offered in exchange for Blood Fragments.

Olevipoeg
01-10-2019, 07:20 AM
Set's weak point is surviving first turn.

Knut-3112
01-10-2019, 11:55 AM
IMO Set is a very bad choice for a blocker. Without Shroud can be easily killed by any gunner. With Shroud, can be killed as easily by multihitters. That's why I still haven't bought him even though I have the FC.

Fudjo
01-10-2019, 03:47 PM
IMO Set is a very bad choice for a blocker. Without Shroud can be easily killed by any gunner. With Shroud, can be killed as easily by multihitters. That's why I still haven't bought him even though I have the FC.

For the Arena he's not a good choice but he's very useful in the Gauntlet. You're gonna need blockers and you can choose a good matchup for him.

Waffen
01-31-2019, 09:01 PM
Ok so I am close to 2100 frontier coins and should get to 2500 with the weekly/monthly rest and gauntlet rewards by Sunday. I need some help from fellow troopers deciding what to get. I am missing the following purchasable characters:

Bastion
Wrath
Assasin Lilith
Aset
Set
Osiris
Alexander

I am split between Osiris and Alexander. Osiris because he fits well in the current meta. Alexander because that 1 extra eddie (aka an extra milestone) in gauntlet. What would you do?

druid138
01-31-2019, 09:06 PM
Ok so I am close to 2100 frontier coins and should get to 2500 with the weekly/monthly rest and gauntlet rewards by Sunday. I need some help from fellow troopers deciding what to get. I am missing the following purchasable characters:

Bastion
Wrath
Assasin Lilith
Aset
Set
Osiris
Alexander

I am split between Osiris and Alexander. Osiris because he fits well in the current meta. Alexander because that 1 extra eddie (aka an extra milestone) in gauntlet. What would you do?

In my opinion, step 1 in that decision is to cross off all the characters that are obtainable by other means - Lilith, Wrath, Bastion. Beyond that, I'd probably save Set for later and decide between the other three.

infinite dreamer
01-31-2019, 09:12 PM
Those are the 2 I would've suggested. Bastion and Wrath you can get through eternity and trooper fragments. Lilith through grinding lilith through grinding fragment events. Alex Ed is good to grind NOTB madness, you can even level moderately strong characters while doing it. And like you said, another Ed for gauntlet is a plus. Osiris, when paired with the right characters, is useful. His revive is great, as is his passive. I'd say Alex Ed because out of the 2 characters, I use him more.

Stormseye
01-31-2019, 09:21 PM
The game is in a huge shift right now. Ferryman is going to become more prominent in the Arena which makes Alexander a viable candidate. Set was only slightly good as a blocker before Assassin Banshee. Now he is great for a blocker and his power move can shut down an opposing Killer Prime. I would avoid Lilith's and Eternal characters as they can be acquired by other means. Osiris is still seen in Arena and every other aspect of the game. Personally I would list

Alexander
Osiris
Set
Aset (only because she cannot be gained through any other method other than FC. I personally don't even have her nor feel the want for her as there are much better healers)
Assassin Lillith
Wrath
Bastion

Waffen
01-31-2019, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the input guys. Though I have listed bastion and other obtainable characters, I never intended to buy them with FC. just listed all the FC toons I was missing while I was at it lol.

Based on everyone’s input I can strike off set and aset for now, which leaves me with Alexander and Osiris.

@stormseye, can you please electorate on why Alexander fits well with ferryman? Also, I went against few defense teams with ferryman and felt him underwhelming. I think I am leaning more towards Osiris at the moment, so curious as to what alaxender might bring to the table with current meta before I decide.

Stormseye
01-31-2019, 10:06 PM
Alexander is completely immune to negative effects except for Prisoner's initial Disable Passive. He cannot be killed by the Ferryman Doom. Equipped with Domination talismans I have single handedly beat teams of 4 with just him alive. He can also serve in a utility capacity with the ability to remove Immunity and Invincibility. Many times I can use Pain and Glory, followed by Domination and then once the opponent has any negative effects on them I can steal any effects they have with Conqueror's Price. Hitting for 300k damage is also a nice perk.

Waffen
01-31-2019, 10:56 PM
Alexander is completely immune to negative effects except for Prisoner's initial Disable Passive. He cannot be killed by the Ferryman Doom. Equipped with Domination talismans I have single handedly beat teams of 4 with just him alive. He can also serve in a utility capacity with the ability to remove Immunity and Invincibility. Many times I can use Pain and Glory, followed by Domination and then once the opponent has any negative effects on them I can steal any effects they have with Conqueror's Price. Hitting for 300k damage is also a nice perk.

I though you were referring to him being good alongside ferryman, not against him.
But your explanation makes sense now. Thanks! Or should I say No Thanks, because I am back to the dilemma about who to get lol.

Anyways, I think I think alaxender is better for me long run so I’ll go with him this time around. Besides, frontier coins are fairly easy to get these days so I should probably have enough for Osiris in less than couple months anyways.

grayflannelsuit
02-11-2019, 07:41 PM
I'm up to 1400 frontier coins, should I make the push for 1500 to get Sekhmet/Aset/Horus or be patient and go for Set/Osiris? My goal is to advance a little more in Night City and start to improve my arena team. And which character of the ones I listed is optimal?

Muzzleloader
02-11-2019, 07:48 PM
Gray, if you could pull an assassin demon spawn you should be able to get through most of night city. Iron Eddie, prisoner and assassin demon spawn is a good team.

grayflannelsuit
02-11-2019, 07:54 PM
Where do I get the demon spawn from? I only have the Magus and Sentinel ones.

Muzzleloader
02-11-2019, 07:59 PM
From normal g/a souls either earn them in missions or purchase them with trooper badges.

Maiden68
02-11-2019, 08:25 PM
From normal g/a souls either earn them in missions or purchase them with trooper badges.

Hey Muzzle, I just pulled off "koku Shinobi Bandit, Angel of strife, Hellraiser, Pyro Soldier ( might be good for something) and my Newest, Iron Eddie !!!" :)

Esquatcho
02-12-2019, 07:12 AM
Horus is invaluable for me for night city (as is Iron Eddie and Assassin Demon Spawn).

That said, Sekhmet with Eternity Eddie is a guaranteed win for really tough levels if you have him.

I personally dont think Set or Osiris are any particularly better than Horus/Sekhmet. I got Horus, am 5 FC from Sekhmet and then will gor for Osiris after.

grayflannelsuit
02-18-2019, 09:56 PM
Man you guys weren't kidding about Assassin Demon Spawn. Between that and Horus, Night City has become much easier.