PDA

View Full Version : Expected and unexpected loot in my search for Assassin talismans

ConfusedGuru
08-27-2016, 09:26 AM
Hi there fellow gamers!

After my recent couple-of-hundreds-of-sand long journey into Kingdom of the Sands (Madness) to acquire the rumored and perhaps entirely mythological Assassin (Barrier) and Thief talismans I came to the following conclusions:

1) I get loot I don't expect

2) I don't get loot I expect.

According to the drop info I can expect to get 2* blue evo runes, 2* rainbow evo runes, 2* blue evo shards, 2* rainbow evo shards, Assassin (Barrier) talismans and Thief talismans (and a couple of other talismans).

I get 2* evo shards of every color, 2* and 3* evo runes of every color. But the reason for my grinding, the Assassin and Thief talismans, are nowhere to be found. I haven't gotten a single one of those!!!

Is the 'Drop info' unreliable? Does it contain random text? If so, does anyone know of a map where I can actually get one of those sought after talismans?

Jennie-5128
08-27-2016, 10:13 AM
I have only ever had thief talismans drop in Goddess of Destruction Madness

aur0ra85
08-27-2016, 12:11 PM
I can confirm they do actually exist. I have seen other players with them. I can also confirm that I was counting talismans on crucible of pain and powerslave, and a rare one dropped at about 1% of the time a talisman dropped. Yes 1/100 were rare. I can also say with certainty that they were more plentiful prior to August update. The assassin barrier in particular I have not received yet and I have collected probably 15 assassin shield talismans (which drop 1% of the time a talisman drops), to put things in perspective.
All rare talismans were dropping on crucible of pain and powerslave FYI, but the rate is a bitter pill.

slauki
08-27-2016, 12:59 PM
I can confirm they do actually exist. I have seen other players with them. I can also confirm that I was counting talismans on crucible of pain and powerslave, and a rare one dropped at about 1% of the time a talisman dropped. Yes 1/100 were rare. I can also say with certainty that they were more plentiful prior to August update. The assassin barrier in particular I have not received yet and I have collected probably 15 assassin shield talismans (which drop 1% of the time a talisman drops), to put things in perspective.
All rare talismans were dropping on crucible of pain and powerslave FYI, but the rate is a bitter pill.

thanks for sharing the information. i'm also farmin powerslave madness the whole week, to get the last energy augment, but no way in approx. 200 tries. so i guess your numbers of 1% of the talisman drops could be reasonable. but that would be way too low, if you ask me.

at least the 3* evo runes drop there every once in a while...

edit: yes the dropinfos has to be wrong, otherwise 3* evo runes wouldn't drop in powerslave madness... the devs should do something about this, when they finish the bugfixes

ConfusedGuru
08-27-2016, 05:03 PM
Ok, thanks for sharing your experience. I think the drop rate is unnecessarily low for those talismans, it's not like we're looking for the Holy Grail is it? Well, back to grinding...

Olevipoeg
08-27-2016, 07:32 PM
I got 8 thief talismans from there when my level was lower. Lately - not a single one. There should be some kind of market to get rid unwanted but rare talismans and chars.

Wratha-3471
09-02-2016, 08:19 PM
I've recently had a number of Assassin talismans on Underworld (Hard), just farming in Soulless Demons.

12lisa
09-05-2016, 10:23 AM
Yeah, but those are the ones giving you 15% of MR and Def on either ATK or Magic. The ones mentioned above give 10% of ATK to Magic and 10% of Magic on ATK. And the later ones are the more efficient ones we´re actually looking for. And they come as 2* already and are much harder to acquire. I´m right now farming for them, too. And I can remember them dropping like crazy before and now seem to not drop at all. I have an assassin golden son who actually needs 6 of those bad boys, I have 3 already. I just can´t seem to get the last 3 barrier ones... good luck trying.

podstrahuy
09-05-2016, 06:44 PM
Yeah, I've found 5 of this talismans, they are extremely useful for true damage attacks.
They give 15% of magic to attack and vice versa.
But I'm trying hard to find 6th to make a second set - no success for 1.5 month.
Maybe it's a better chance to found them on normal or hard difficulties, not madness? Because I've found them very early, before Sands of Time madness was available for me.

XcarecroW
09-06-2016, 12:28 AM
I am very frustrated as well. I have been farming powerslave on madness since many days but not a single assassin talisman. Seriously why are so hard to get? They are not so special to be almost imposible to find.

podstrahuy
09-08-2016, 09:29 AM
XcarecroW, I disagree. One set adding additional 150 to magic and attack for my Assassin Golden Son (he have almost 1000 basic ATK and MAGIC), so 2 sets will add 2x300 additional true damage, it's a lot!

XcarecroW
09-08-2016, 12:26 PM
XcarecroW, I disagree. One set adding additional 150 to magic and attack for my Assassin Golden Son (he have almost 1000 basic ATK and MAGIC), so 2 sets will add 2x300 additional true damage, it's a lot!
Of course they are good but i mean that they are not soooooo good to make them almost imposible to get. Seriously i have lost the count of how many times i finished powerslave in madness and not a single one assassin talisman dropped.

Cthulhum
09-15-2016, 02:10 PM
But are we sure Madness Powerslave is the ONLY place to look for these talismans?

Curious how drops are progressing...

vgta99
09-15-2016, 06:58 PM
I have sold a lot of theses that I don't need.
Maybe the RNG was changed because I was farm a lot of times Powerslave when I was low level...