PDA

View Full Version : Gold Price for Using Souls?

HeadOnFire
12-18-2018, 07:18 PM
I just wanted to see what people thought about having to spend gold to summon characters with souls. To me, it seems fairly arbitrary as well as pretty expensive. I came back to the game a month or 2 ago and had about 11 million gold saved up. In just 2 weeks, I had burned through all of that on new characters alone -- I haven't levelled up many talismans and nearly all characters went into the sacrificial pit, so not much gold was spent on level-ups. Does anyone else feel like this should be gotten rid of, or at least the price be scaled down somewhat?

Ironstyle
12-18-2018, 07:22 PM
Absolutely. I think it's very pointless. I hold back on leveling talismans and characters simply because it costs so much to summon. I've played a couple other similar mobile games in the past and don't recall having a cost tied to summoning. If there was, it was a low cost since I don't remember.

Cefiar
12-18-2018, 10:45 PM
The cost of summoning some of the souls is way too high. With big sacrifice events like the current snow event, I just watch my gold reserves slowly vanish the more I summon.

I've sold some of my souls before, but that usually doesn't get much cash.

I am thinking of keeping a lot of these snow fragments till right at the end of the event and just converting them into precious soul fragments (then precious souls) so I have a chance of getting some golden skulls I can sell for cash.

Saigrim
12-18-2018, 11:31 PM
Been playing from the start and for quite awhile I’ve seen an arbitrary increase in all areas of the game, and while it might sound like conspiracy theory nonsense, I swear things like SoT and the lot don’t regenerate like they use too, despite there being a timer saying otherwise. Regardless, I’ve spent quite a bit of money in the past two months because I have been enjoying the time I spend playing, and it’s worth helping them out. But there’s a fine line for them on how much they push the pay to win agenda with all these talismans, and sub characters, and relics, and it goes on and on.

Knut-3112
12-19-2018, 08:09 AM
Yes, I was also wondering about it - why is there a gold cost when summoning souls? How can that be explained within the game universe? Is there some super shaman / witch / whatever that charges us gold for every soul that he/she helps in summoning? Or is it an offering for some ancient being / dark god?
I don't really have a problem with the gold cost itself (although the snowmen are too expensive, indeed), I usually have sufficient reserves stored, but I would like to have some explanation why it's needed for summoning at all.

kgk56
12-19-2018, 09:01 AM
I spended more than 15M only for this event ... except buyin' Prime Killer, the cost ain't worth

scott-5496
12-19-2018, 10:22 AM
I have spent well over 40-50M gold each on this and the last big sac event - it is the thing that stops me in the end every time. I am not sure why it costs either but it does and it is a pain as it stops me doing anything much at all and I wil nto pay for gold with cash as it can be farmed. They should figure out a way to route payments - if a player buys real money stuff each month then they have no in game gold costs for summoning maybe? I am sure there are things they could do.

HeadOnFire
12-21-2018, 01:28 AM
.... They should figure out a way to route payments - if a player buys real money stuff each month then they have no in game gold costs for summoning maybe? ...

If they did that, I would actually make my first in-game purchase. I'm all for supporting the game, but not when the game is set up to be an annoying grind whether you pay for it or not.

Sidney
12-21-2018, 12:50 PM
That's funny... I was just wondering where the hell all my gold was going. I've been paying since day 1 and got to the point that I had so much gold that I didn't even keep track of it. Than I noticed the other day that I was down about half what I thought I should have. Either the price went up on things or I've been sacrificing and leveling up way too much. I know I did a ton of Talisman upgrades lately for gauntlet so I wouldn't have to keep swapping them from on character to another, so maybe that's where it went.