PDA

View Full Version : Horus or Osiris?

Intimidator
12-29-2018, 12:28 PM
I’m in need of some advice about who to buy.
Finally I’ve collected enough fc to buy Horus or Osiris.
I’ve been going back and forth about the one to buy so I’m looking for some advice.
At this moment I’m about halfway through Night city on hard and it’s getting hard to move on.
So I thought Horus would be helpful but when I get trough Night city I think that Osiris would be more useful in the rest of the game.
So....what do you guys think would be the one to get?
Thanks in advance guys.
(English is not my first language but I hope it’s readable enough)

Intimidator-9607 \m/

WickermanBR
12-29-2018, 12:41 PM
Hi Intimidator
My particular belief is buy the Osiris. From what you have said, he's much more versatile in the game overall, and I agree with that.
But, it's really hard to choose, I think all the gods shine in some way, and from what I saw here in the forum, the Horus really makes a lot of difference in the night city, although I've mostly used Benjamin Breeg, Prisoner and Osiris.
So I really hope that someone else can help with other arguments, but I think Osiris is the most versatile god with great skills and passive.
Don't buy Horus just for night city

Ancient Mariner
12-29-2018, 05:56 PM
When i got Osiris i thought he was the most powerful Egyptian God, but lately i'm finding more useful Horus in different occasions.

Let's say both are great chars, but maybe i'd go for Horus now, considering that he can also equip the Infinity talismans set (or whatever it is called).

Anyway, whatever choice you make, it's gonna be good

The Educated fool
12-29-2018, 06:08 PM
Mariner is spot on: both Gods are very useful characters, but if it were me, I'd go for Horus first. Night City will come and go, to be sure... but Horus will be useful in the NC Secret Location/Skull Quest forever! :cool:

Intimidator
12-29-2018, 06:50 PM
First of all, thank you for reacting guys.

It seems that it’s just as hard as I thought to pick the “right” one.
Maybe this will tip the scale for you guys..... I think that the most useful (maxed out) allies that if have at this moment
are, Icarus (destiny) Ichiyou (destiny) Prisoner (primordial) Gunner and Magus Lilith.

I still need 2 Eternity tali’s to complete my first set,but they will drop eventually.
So like Mariner said they will fit Horus quite nicely.

Pfffff.... normally I’d just pick one,but it took me more than 6 months to get a little over 2000 FC
Then again, it was and it is still a lot of fun playing this game.

Sorry for the long post guys. \m/

The Educated fool
12-29-2018, 07:15 PM
Do you have Doomsday, Intimidator? He goes very nicely with a Primordial Prisoner and Horus. :cool:

I definitely understand your hesitation too... you definitely want to make your FCs count!

Intimidator
12-29-2018, 08:21 PM
Yes i got Doomsday and he’s almost maxed, just need some $#%*& 3star purple evo runes. :D
I’ve got the XP runes and skill shards to max him.

The Educated fool
12-29-2018, 08:47 PM
Cool. :cool: Doomy rules.

As to the initial discussion, I must say, in my actual playing (ie. Special dungeons, like the current Krampus one, Gauntlet), I find myself using Horus much more often than I do Osiris, although, as I've said, I do like him too. Take that for what it's worth, amigo.

Intimidator
12-29-2018, 09:50 PM
Well... I guess that I’ll wait another day or so before I decide what to do.
Unless all the farming in the Krampus dungeons that I do finally gives me the 2 Eternity tali’s that need.
Then it will be Horus.

Thanks a lot Trooper for your advice and the time you took to answer me.

Happy new year. (to all) \m/

The Educated fool
12-29-2018, 10:23 PM
Well... I guess that I’ll wait another day or so before I decide what to do.
Unless all the farming in the Krampus dungeons that I do finally gives me the 2 Eternity tali’s that need.
Then it will be Horus.

Thanks a lot Trooper for your advice and the time you took to answer me.

Happy new year. (to all) \m/

No problemo, man. Also, in case you may not have seen, and in case you have a spare 500 ironite, you can buy a pair of Eternal Talismans from the store, rather than spend it on possibly futile grinding. Unless you've already pulled the trigger on this. :cool: Figured it was worth bringing up, anyway. Happy New Year, amigo. :cool:

Intimidator
12-29-2018, 11:56 PM
I immediately bought the 2 from the store when the event began, so I have to grind for them.
The upside is that I will also be getting some resources from this.
Perhaps even lower the gap of spending all that FC :D
But at the current rate it’s going to take ehm... months again. :o Whahaha...

The Educated fool
12-30-2018, 04:34 PM
Gah! Best of luck to you then, trooper! :cool:

scott-5496
12-30-2018, 05:09 PM
I would go Horus - I use him a lot and he was amazing in Night City as the linked skull quest too - in fact it is the by far the only easy way I have found to do both. I was toying with getting a second to really do some 100% stunning in any PVE but not done it yet as I think we may see some more big characters added to FC option sin the early New Year. Not sure what but it is bound to happen so keeping my stash for now.

Osiris is also a good character to have for sure. I have used him a lot and more no win PVP but not often. Useful support guy though!

Intimidator
12-30-2018, 06:11 PM
Gah! Best of luck to you then, trooper! :cool:

Thanks, last night after a lot of sot revils 1 Eternal dropped.
Today (until now) after even more revils.....nothing.
I know that he will drop eventually, still enough Ironite left and I’m starting to take this personal ;)

Intimidator
12-30-2018, 06:35 PM
Thank you Scott for your input.

I also think that there will be some new (to have) characters added to the Frontier shop,
because the ones in there have been there for some time now.
I would like to wait for that to happen, but at the moment I feel that I’m not really progressing
in the game as I did the last few months.
That’s why I was thinking that one of the Gods would help me.

Intimidator
12-30-2018, 06:42 PM
After the advice and reading the experience from you guys I made up my mind.
It’s going to be Horus :D
Thanks again Troopers for your help. \m/

bizon
12-31-2018, 02:19 PM
I bought Osiris today, with which allies does he work best?

Muzzleloader
12-31-2018, 03:58 PM
His basic move is for general healing and cleansing, along with reviving bloodied allies. His passive changes buffs into golden buffs when applicable, so you want to pair him with buff generators. His power move Grant's golden immunity and endure, endure is easily stolen so it's not that great of a buff.

You can use him with strong hitters, which usually have weak defenses. His normal move and passive is what makes him good to use. Counter and energy are good talis for him. In PvE you may try avenger talis if you have a set.

What was the purpose you bought him for arena, PvE, LoL, BNW or gauntlet.

bizon
12-31-2018, 04:55 PM
I bought osiris because he is useful in events and night city. I also want to use he in the arena. So what buff genarator would you recommend?

Zantarath
12-31-2018, 07:49 PM
u can use with a character with orcle talismen for perfect health
u can use with characters with chancetalismen for golden crit buff
u can build ur own buff generators
one example is to run him with gunner lilith for the perfect immunity as well as the crit chance on powermove