PDA

View Full Version : Gauntlet Season Two - Win Battles in the Gauntlet to earn Ancient Mariner Fragments!

Leviathan
01-07-2019, 12:06 AM
Earn Ancient Mariner Soul Fragments and other Rare Rewards in the Gauntlet.

Our second Gauntlet season starts now and will run until March 17th at 5pm PT. Battle through 11 Grades of Gauntlet, each presenting unique challenges and rewards to earn a place on our Ranked Leaderboard. The Ranked Rewards for Season 2 will feature The Ancient Mariner, in addition to other rewards.

You will have 10 weeks (until the end of Season 2) to earn enough Ancient Mariner Fragments from the Gauntlet to summon him, after that he will be much more difficult to obtain, as he won’t be featured in any other soul.

The Ancient Mariner is a hero-class ally with extremely potent skills. He washes away enemy defenses by reducing the duration of Beneficial effects and preventing opponents from gaining invincibility effects with his Passive ability. The Ancient Mariner can also Cleanse his team, Transfer all Negative Effects to a single enemy target and inflict Punishment, a new negative effect! Punishment causes the opponent to take damage with a 35% chance to become inflicted with Fear and a 35% to become inflicted with Permadeath every time they take an action.

Players who make it to Grade A and above will also be awarded Final Frontier Eddie Fragments!

Final Frontier Eddie Fragments can be collected over several Gauntlet seasons. Once you have 1,000 Fragments, you will earn a Guaranteed Final Frontier Eddie.

Final Frontier Eddie is a 5★ Sentinel that is only available by collecting Fragments in the Gauntlet. Check out more on Final Frontier Eddie in his Character Discussions forum post (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10875-Final-Frontier-Eddie-(Sentinel-Type)).

Amarthir
01-07-2019, 12:08 AM
I received Master III rewards when I finished Master I

URock
01-07-2019, 12:13 AM
How many fragments we need to get the Mariner? 500?

Ezz
01-07-2019, 12:26 AM
I received Master III rewards when I finished Master I

Same here - I received awards well below my grade and rank 😡

Nicko
01-07-2019, 12:28 AM
I didn’t receive my awards the second time in a row. It seems like logging in right after reset is a bad idea...

blade685
01-07-2019, 12:31 AM
I didn’t receive my awards the second time in a row. It seems like logging in right after reset is a bad idea...

same here nothing, i will go for AAA again i think i don't like gauntlet

Knut-3112
01-07-2019, 12:32 AM
I received Champion I rewards when I finished Master II. Only got 4 Valor talis instead of 6, 100 mythical frags instead of 125 etc. It seems I'm not the only one. Devs, please fix this and compensate accordingly!

The Educated fool
01-07-2019, 12:35 AM
Finished Master I, received rewards for Master II... second time now that's happened. As you say, Nicko, logging in at reset may be a bad idea. Not getting awards at all though is insane! I hope something is done about this...

blade685
01-07-2019, 12:37 AM
Finished Master I, received rewards for Master II... second time now that's happened. As you say, Nicko, logging in at reset may be a bad idea. Not getting awards at all though is insane! I hope something is done about this...
connected 15 min after reset and nothing :)
I like NF ^^

edsel
01-07-2019, 12:45 AM
Slayer 8062 finished SSS rank above 250 only 5 talismans and fewer fragments rewarded. Should we start submitting support tickets? Kaz?

kkkreg5
01-07-2019, 12:46 AM
I know I completed Master II. I received 100 Heroic Mythic Soul frags, 85 FFE frags, 4 Valor Talis, 100 Heroic Soul frags. Not sure how many Frontier Coins I received. Something not right for sure.

DoctorEly
01-07-2019, 01:17 AM
I don't know if I'm over-thinking this, but if Charlotte featured prominently in Night City, would perhaps the Ancient Mariner have a role in Isle of Avalon? It makes sense in my head, but our only description of the Isle is that it is the "home of the most ancient Eternals" and "land of the 19 Maidens" or something.

bort
01-07-2019, 01:28 AM
I completed Master I and was safely below the 250 threshold at rollover. I received rewards for the rank below instead.

Nicko
01-07-2019, 01:36 AM
I suggest we all be given the Ancient Mariner in compensation :)

The Educated fool
01-07-2019, 01:37 AM
I suggest we all be given the Ancient Mariner in compensation :)

Sounds reasonable to me. Seconded! :cool:

kkkreg5
01-07-2019, 01:40 AM
Sounds reasonable to me. Seconded! :cool:

All in favor say "I"...

I

90mphyorker
01-07-2019, 01:42 AM
I got the wrong rewards as well. Left me on 995 Fragments..

AcesHigh189
01-07-2019, 01:44 AM
Is anyone having the same issue where when they log in the game suddenly shuts down. This has been happening for a while now. Did get my reward though so even when the game shut down so thats good.

Fudjo
01-07-2019, 02:09 AM
I got the wrong rewards as well. Left me on 995 Fragments..

Likewise. I was at #169 with 5min to go and then I got the rewards for S instead. I'll have to wait an extra week to get Final Frontier Eddie instead of getting him with the snow fragments on Friday.

What I think is happening is that there's a database merge at the end of every season (and every week for the Arena) and our actual rankings are getting misrespresented as a result.

DanielRacy
01-07-2019, 02:22 AM
Ancient Mariner to everybody is the way to go.

infinite dreamer
01-07-2019, 02:34 AM
Same thing here. Wrong rewards. Stuck at 990 for FFE. I guess I could spend the snow fragments if I really want him?

HuckFinn150
01-07-2019, 02:42 AM
I finished on the 3rd battle of SSS and ranked at 300. I got rewards for SS rank 500. I had enough for FFE, but lost 2 of the 6 talismans I should have received. This is the 3rd time in the last 3 resets I've gotten the wrong stuff. The last 2 times I submitted a ticket for it and it was resolved within a week. I'm getting ready to do the same again.

GotN
01-07-2019, 02:42 AM
Great, now we get no blood fragments AND no snow fragments. What a mess!

infinite dreamer
01-07-2019, 02:44 AM
Free Ironite code coming soon? :D

HuckFinn150
01-07-2019, 02:48 AM
I change my mind. I'm not going to fool with this error again. I'm just going to find another avenue or wait until the talismans come available again.

Fudjo
01-07-2019, 03:09 AM
Likewise. I was at #169 with 5min to go and then I got the rewards for S instead. I'll have to wait an extra week to get Final Frontier Eddie instead of getting him with the snow fragments on Friday.

What I think is happening is that there's a database merge at the end of every season (and every week for the Arena) and our actual rankings are getting misrespresented as a result.

I reported something similar regarding the Arena rewards almost a year ago:

https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?9807-Miscalculation-of-rankings-and-resulting-rewards

Deano82
01-07-2019, 06:46 AM
Me too, received the rewards from the rank below. Was waiting for my new set of valor tals but only received 5

Yup
01-07-2019, 06:53 AM
WTF??

SSS Battle 6 (I think) against rainmaker.....

That damn solder won't take ANY damage. I realize it's got the shroud true damage shield.. but it's not taking ANY damage at all.. Not magic damage from King Ed.. and no "random" damage from the undead rescuer. I realize the Harpy and Demon may not inflict anything because they deal true damage... but i still should be able to whittle away the HP of the solder with the other two characters. but NOTHING I do is damaging that stupid 3 star soldier. I've even gotten the Rescuer to inflict Crave.. but sure enough the soldier won't heal because he's not taking damage.

WTF????

Yup
01-07-2019, 06:59 AM
Seriously.. I'm going to lose this match all because of this. seems my ONLY option is to forfeit... ridiculous.

Yup
01-07-2019, 07:07 AM
And apparently there's no "draw' in the Gauntlet..... after 30 minutes of going back and forth with that fucking 3 star soldier.. I forfeited and lost.

At the VERY least institute a "draw" option where characters are NOT eliminated from the line up if the match ends in a draw.

Note the Solder DOES take damage if ANY other enemy is alive.. it's only when he's there alone he becomes impenetrable... that's not playing fair guys.

Went back in, killed him first no problem. then wiped out the others.

Olevipoeg
01-07-2019, 08:31 AM
I experienced the same bug in last gauntlet. Only solution is to prevent that soldier getting shroud or use chars with abilities to remove shroud. I used the Assassin Chopper. Maybe Doom or Ghost will kill it, but I'm couldn't test it because the same team sometimes crashed the game also for me. I lost 2 teams because of it.

EnricoPalazzo
01-07-2019, 09:15 AM
Had a similar issue in this stage.
Rainmaker was invulnerable until I killed the green soldier, then he finally took damage.
Damn near lost because of this bullshit.

trooper206
01-07-2019, 09:41 AM
Devs, many thanks for the new gauntlet season.

However, you should consider addressing the issues concerning gauntlet, like, the shroud problem, the chance to play again a battle after we get a crash/freeze (and eventually not count it automatically as a loss), and make matchmaking fair already. I know it is a test of our strategic skills and how to better use our character arsenal, but to put the same team of FFE,Prime,Osiris and Madam, in every no1 SSS battle, along with the talismans that you only pay to get, is completely unfair. For a month now, this team-after I get to the second SSS wave- just annihilates me,almost in half a turn. This results in not being able to even start the second SSS wave. Work on the mechanics of the game,and widen the team compositions- it has become a constant irritation.

Other than that thanks again for the new content, as well as the really nice events you do for us.

Ip4
01-07-2019, 09:44 AM
i already repost this bug previous gauntlet but they didn't fix...

Esquatcho
01-07-2019, 10:04 AM
Glad it wasnt just me that had this bug. Hope they fix it! From memory I had a different char that got shroud and became invincible though... And on maybe only A or AA stage...

kgk56
01-07-2019, 10:39 AM
No bug here, level SSS I got the 6 set of Valor + frags

kgk56
01-07-2019, 10:42 AM
Players who make it to Grade A and above will also be awarded Final Frontier Eddie Fragments!

Final Frontier Eddie Fragments can be collected over several Gauntlet seasons. Once you have 1,000 Fragments, you will earn a Guaranteed Final Frontier Eddie.

Final Frontier Eddie is a 5★ Sentinel that is only available by collecting Fragments in the Gauntlet. Check out more on Final Frontier Eddie in his Character Discussions forum post (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10875-Final-Frontier-Eddie-(Sentinel-Type)).

It means we could get a second FFE (like Charlotte) ?

Lthepostman
01-07-2019, 11:35 AM
No bug here, level SSS I got the 6 set of Valor + frags that's the point. I also ended in SSS, rank around #150 but we should have gotten 8 talismans, not 6

scott-5496
01-07-2019, 11:44 AM
Like many others I do not think I got the correct rewards - pretty sure I should have at least six Valor for where I finished but only got the 5. Are the devs onto this at all as it seems to be a lot of folk have the same issue?

Natasmai
01-07-2019, 12:13 PM
This happened to me yesterday as well, but it wasn't in gauntlet. I think it was in night city when i was trying to finish out my skulls. Somehow one of the enemies got an infinite shroud buff and i couldnt deal damage. I put it on auto play and couldnt kill it after about 15 min, so i conceded.

Edit: might have happened the day before... i dont remember.

Deano82
01-07-2019, 12:48 PM
Has anyone logged a call with support yet regarding the gauntlet rewards issue we seem to be having?

Deano82
01-07-2019, 01:23 PM
I have now logged a call with support for this. Will let you all know what they say

Ip4
01-07-2019, 01:41 PM
smells like free ironite gifts...

kgk56
01-07-2019, 01:52 PM
smells like free ironite gifts...

Free ironite won't compensate the loss of frags & talis

edsel
01-07-2019, 02:46 PM
Free ironite won't compensate the loss of frags & talis

I want ironite in addition to that important 6th talisman I fought hard to get SSS rank 204.

Banished
01-07-2019, 02:48 PM
that's the point. I also ended in SSS, rank around #150 but we should have gotten 8 talismans, not 6

I don't remember exactly the reward but if you ended SSS rank around #150, you reward is the one corresponding to SS grade i.e. Master I as you are above #100 but below #250.

Conditions are cumulative: you have to clear grade SSS but also end below #50 to get the reward from SSS

kgk56
01-07-2019, 03:23 PM
I don't remember exactly the reward but if you ended SSS rank around #150, you reward is the one corresponding to SS grade i.e. Master I as you are above #100 but below #250.

Conditions are cumulative: you have to clear grade SSS but also end below #50 to get the reward from SSS

That's it : I was above #100 & below #250 = 6 Valor talismans (not 8)

Tim28213
01-07-2019, 03:54 PM
I had a new bug/error burn me. Gauntlet level D. Easy wins for me.
Select team
Hit button to start battle.
loading screen...
Gauntlet appears, coin flips-AI wins characters still falling to the platform
loading screen...
Gauntlet appears, coin flips-I win-characters fall and I easily win the battle.

I didn't do anything the first time it loaded, and I wasn't taken back to the selection screen. It simply restarted all by itself before the characters hit the platform and reloaded the gauntlet screen with the exact same characters.
After I won the battle I got a weird GTLTMS03 error once before I could start the next battle. I clicked ok on the error and checked my win screen. 100% wins so I figure I'm ok. Force quit and check again. Still 100% wins so I do 3-4 more gauntlet wins. Go to bed and get up this morning to find a loss showing.
I did not lose anything, I did not have to end a battle because of an error. Also my used eddie count is the same as my win count. How the hell did I get charged a loss if I have won with every eddie that is locked?
I've put in a ticket, but I'm pretty peeved to have a loss at level D.
The fact that my used eddie count matches the number of wins I have should be proof enough that the error is on their side this time...

Ezz
01-07-2019, 05:23 PM
That's it : I was above #100 & below #250 = 6 Valor talismans (not 8)

I came in at around 190 and only got 5 talismans.
5 = basically worthless on a 6 set

Lthepostman
01-07-2019, 06:04 PM
For SS & rank at least #250 we should have got 100FFE fragments and (I think) 8 valor talismans 🤔. I already had 4 and I rememeber I started making projects of what to do with two sets. I only got 95 frags and 6 talismans instead.

Zerynx
01-07-2019, 06:19 PM
Is anyone having the same issue where when they log in the game suddenly shuts down. This has been happening for a while now. Did get my reward though so even when the game shut down so thats good.

Yes. This issue started when they started the "Rank Up Packs" pop up, and the like. Seems when the troopers are up and then that flys in, BAM!! Collapse.

I think it might be related to certain Troopers who may have their Facebook picture or something, but I can't prove that at all. The fact that it is intermittent would seem to indicate something along those lines.

Does suck, cuz it makes it hard to keep track of Troopers anymore.

apeterrr
01-07-2019, 08:23 PM
Same here, ranked Master 2 at #400 but received only 5 Talis instead of 6, not right.

Blade
01-07-2019, 08:47 PM
Sad to see that so many of you got the wrong rewards! It is crazy because I got the right rewards after several weeks with wrong rewards including the last 2 periods in a row. So it seems to be some weird problem in the system.
But I can tell you that the support is very nice and helpful when you send a mail. Include a screenshot of your Gauntlet statistics and they can help you directly!

4V1ct0ry
01-08-2019, 07:40 PM
I might have missed it somewhere in this thread...
But does anyone know what class is selected for AAA?
I assume its magus due the ancient mariner is of that class.

It helps to know where we need to invest in :)

HuckFinn150
01-08-2019, 07:52 PM
It's Magus. It stopped me cold

4V1ct0ry
01-08-2019, 08:34 PM
Thanks!
This actually already helps me on AA since I was doubting to invest in either magus or sentinel... well that's a clear choice now

HuckFinn150
01-08-2019, 09:02 PM
I have almost all of the class and the opponents were too much for where I'm at. Most battles I never got a punch in. BBE, Horus and such kept me stunned to death. As you can guess, I lost the toss up.....

Ip4
01-08-2019, 09:18 PM
any suggestion against this team?
https://i.ibb.co/Vm9b3Df/IMG-0041.png

HuckFinn150
01-08-2019, 09:25 PM
I recommend a Savage Reaper if you have one and max his talismans out. He can't be stunned and packs a decent pinch

The Educated fool
01-08-2019, 09:29 PM

From looking at your roster briefly, a surefire team would be PoM, Icarus, Gunner Lilith, AoS. It can likely be done cheaper though.

HuckFinn150
01-08-2019, 09:45 PM
Also, the Queen's guard is immune to sleep and can wake asleep players

Ip4
01-08-2019, 10:38 PM
thank you very much!

Muzzleloader
01-08-2019, 10:52 PM
IP4, what cleanser do you have that you can place angel talis on him. I played around with something similar and used mummy to remove all negative effects and it worked. I have queens guard, but haven't had time to use him.

90mphyorker
01-09-2019, 03:56 AM
Has anyone logged a call with support yet regarding the gauntlet rewards issue we seem to be having?

I have.

They responded asking for a screenshot of my ranking tab and then they’d look into it.

Deano82
01-09-2019, 07:11 AM
I have.

They responded asking for a screenshot of my ranking tab and then they’d look into it.
I have as well now and had the same response so sent a screenshot to them. Hoping for a response soon

hold
01-09-2019, 10:55 AM
Is it just for me or has the creativity of the devs gone down to put Magus Lilith with Destiny + 3 OP chars in every 2nd or 3rd battle from SS on?

So the challenge really is based on luck or: "Will the silly cow get invincible with the first hit every time?" - because against me she does it all the time.

Loads of fun that is! First swiping left for half a day to change talismans one by one on characters and after that loosing because I can't put any damage on the opponents that have more gold on them than Mister T around his neck.

OK - I get all my big guns out now and waste them and be done with the first episode of Season 2.

I am afraid that the creativity award for January 2019 is a bit out of reach with this monotony ...

P.S: how about restricting the enemy also to 1 time use per round?

P.P.S: The last thing about this slot machine I liked - Gauntlet - I start to hate as well ...

scott-5496
01-09-2019, 11:45 AM
Is it just for me or has the creativity of the devs gone down to put Magus Lilith with Destiny + 3 OP chars in every 2nd or 3rd battle from SS on?

So the challenge really is based on luck or: "Will the silly cow get invincible with the first hit every time?" - because against me she does it all the time.

Loads of fun that is! First swiping left for half a day to change talismans one by one on characters and after that loosing because I can't put any damage on the opponents that have more gold on them than Mister T around his neck.

OK - I get all my big guns out now and waste them and be done with the first episode of Season 2.

I am afraid that the creativity award for January 2019 is a bit out of reach with this monotony ...

P.S: how about restricting the enemy also to 1 time use per round?

100% agree with you on this at the moment. Gauntlet was very cool and had lots of diverse teams - what gets me most is that there are way, way more characters than they use which I just do not get. Facing the mirror teams is boring and no fun at all and I am not wanting that sort of challenge as it is just a poor way to execute challenge. I would like to see all of the current character base being used - including all the dross that we never see anymore anywhere - they all have a part to play and even a lot of the natural one and two stars could be used in the early phases of Gauntlet - they would stick on decent talisman and they can become very useful indeed. That is what they were trying to do to the players - get them to use and max out lesser characters to deepen the roster of each player...another reason they do these missions within events like the one just now - you have to use your old characters that are collecting dust.

My view is that all the early rounds should be populated in a layered way - first few rounds populated by 1 and 3 stars only (except Eddies maybe) - max them and shard them and put great talisman on them by all means but keep it fresh. For middle level rounds use stronger 3 and then 4 star, maybe with the odd 5 then for the last third of it - stock it with high end 5 stars or strong 4 stars - but again keep the characters broad and interesting.

I will stil play Gauntlet as it is still interesting but I just think that much of the complaints are about the same stuff - keep the talisman used on defence what they can and should be, to me that is fair and logical. Keep the team varied and set up the same rules for defence as are in place for attack - again logical and fair. The key thing is to remove the boring and lazy use of repeat characters - that destroys game play and just shows up a lack of imagination. Mobile games for me should be a challenge but most importantly they must be there to keep you coming back for, wait for it, FUN and Enjoyment...OK a bit of addiction and stubborness too but it should about the game being a way out of daily frustration and the like that we all probably face through our day to day lives.....not so sure it is like that at the moment and I just hope for the team to try to consider these aspects more than they are at the moment.

Gauntlet is going the way of BNW, LOL and everything else - stale and tired. I have not been back to Night City once since I completed it - I dont need the talisman and the other rewards are no big shakes so I just go back to the auto joy or Powerslave and AMOLAD with some NotB thrown in. I only go near BNW and LOL when I need to do it for an event - never at any other time that I can think of.

Still love the game though - still play it every day and still feed my OCD and addiction tendancies but we really could do with a fresh injection into all of the playing environments - the old Ailing Kingdom for example - not been near it in years. Why not add a level of difficulty to all areas? It can't be that hard to do? Adding in an Insane/Nightmare level for example to each of the areas. BNW - maybe change the characters used in each level or again add more levels/rounds to each - all the models are there - just change it up? LOL could be changed too or a new LOL added where the defences are all different.

Stiil I do think the new level to each area is the easy way to add to the game quickly then new longer term goals and accomplishment could be added too so that adds to things - maybe even a new skull quest for each too. Is it that hard to do? No idea but you would assume not as the models are there already sitting waiting to be used - just change the characters to play against and make it harder.

Cheers!

hold
01-09-2019, 12:24 PM
My view is that all the early rounds should be populated in a layered way - first few rounds populated by 1 and 3 stars only (except Eddies maybe) - max them and shard them and put great talisman on them by all means but keep it fresh. For middle level rounds use stronger 3 and then 4 star, maybe with the odd 5 then for the last third of it - stock it with high end 5 stars or strong 4 stars - but again keep the characters broad and interesting.Cheers!

Oh talismans make all the difference you are right! ... I went with a red pharao head and a blue soldier and two other chars that normally collect dust against a team in SS that had Purple Lilith and I nearly won! Purple Lilith was last standing and almost down - until she started reviving EVERY SINGLE ROUND ... so I lost because I was already down 2 chars and the enemy had a full team again ... possible? Sure ... likely? Hmmm ... no accuracy buff for the opposing team - that's crazy talk!

hold
01-09-2019, 12:47 PM
... I have not been back to Night City once since I completed it - I dont need the talisman and the other rewards are no big shakes so I just go back to the auto joy or Powerslave and AMOLAD with some NotB thrown in. I only go near BNW and LOL when I need to do it for an event - never at any other time that I can think of.

Ah, forgot - this is so so so 100% ... I am exactly the same ...

edsel
01-09-2019, 01:06 PM
we really could do with a fresh injection into all of the playing environments - the old Ailing Kingdom for example - not been near it in years. Why not add a level of difficulty to all areas? It can't be that hard to do? Adding in an Insane/Nightmare level for example to each of the areas. BNW - maybe change the characters used in each level or again add more levels/rounds to each - all the models are there - just change it up? LOL could be changed too or a new LOL added where the defences are all different.

Stiil I do think the new level to each area is the easy way to add to the game quickly then new longer term goals and accomplishment could be added too so that adds to things - maybe even a new skull quest for each too. Is it that hard to do? No idea but you would assume not as the models are there already sitting waiting to be used

Scott I have brought this exact idea up multiple times in this forum and directly to support in emails. I so agree and would love to run through all the existing woes with amped up character opposition and greater rewards. Hopefully this brilliant and blatantly obvious way to make more player interest gets noticed.

scott-5496
01-09-2019, 01:08 PM
Ah, forgot - this is so so so 100% ... I am exactly the same ...

I think if we did a poll of those who have completed it all it would likely be the same to be honest - might be wrong but there is no benfit to players to go through tougher farming - most of which is difficult to auto for one reason or another when the gold itself is worth less than NotB or AMOLAD/Powerslave. I get that NC need to be tough and it sort of was but for players who are really trying hard to beat it and get the skulls etc surely the rewards need to be greater than what went before it - at least in terms of gold/ironite/SoT etc - I get that you now can have newere talisman that many may not have but most will have several sets after they complete it so wht go back unless you need to for an event - same with all the other areas. Other than farming when do we need to go back to them other than for an event maybe or a particular accomplishment or mission or to level up characters.....a bit of a waste of resource that I think is easy to improve by adding the extra difficulty levels.

Banished
01-09-2019, 01:10 PM

You should prey ? ;)

scott-5496
01-09-2019, 01:15 PM
we really could do with a fresh injection into all of the playing environments - the old Ailing Kingdom for example - not been near it in years. Why not add a level of difficulty to all areas? It can't be that hard to do? Adding in an Insane/Nightmare level for example to each of the areas. BNW - maybe change the characters used in each level or again add more levels/rounds to each - all the models are there - just change it up? LOL could be changed too or a new LOL added where the defences are all different.

Stiil I do think the new level to each area is the easy way to add to the game quickly then new longer term goals and accomplishment could be added too so that adds to things - maybe even a new skull quest for each too. Is it that hard to do? No idea but you would assume not as the models are there already sitting waiting to be used

Scott I have brought this exact idea up multiple times in this forum and directly to support in emails. I so agree and would love to run through all the existing woes with amped up character opposition and greater rewards. Hopefully this brilliant and blatantly obvious way to make more player interest gets noticed.

We can but home edsel! It seems to me to be such an easy quick win - there cannot be much reason it cant be done surely!

hold
01-09-2019, 01:24 PM
I think if we did a poll of those who have completed it all it would likely be the same to be honest - might be wrong but there is no benfit to players to go through tougher farming - most of which is difficult to auto for one reason or another when the gold itself is worth less than NotB or AMOLAD/Powerslave. I get that NC need to be tough and it sort of was but for players who are really trying hard to beat it and get the skulls etc surely the rewards need to be greater than what went before it - at least in terms of gold/ironite/SoT etc - I get that you now can have newere talisman that many may not have but most will have several sets after they complete it so wht go back unless you need to for an event - same with all the other areas. Other than farming when do we need to go back to them other than for an event maybe or a particular accomplishment or mission or to level up characters.....a bit of a waste of resource that I think is easy to improve by adding the extra difficulty levels.

It's not just that. Also the devaluation of souls is really worrying me. From the great pumpkin sac event I still have more than 10 colored mythical souls, I got over 50 legendary souls of all colors and I think over 150 other colored souls. But I can't get anything I want out of them because all the new stuff is hidden behind special souls (paywalls if you will) that you can earn with frags that you need other frags from frags that are earned from frags that can be achieved with frags if you open special souls that are only available in the shop or you get 10 of them if you grind 24/7 for a week.

Blade
01-09-2019, 01:27 PM
The game is getting more and more unfair unfortunately!
Great post scott with many great ideas. I still have some hope but it is declining. It seems like much more money needs to be generated recently due to an increase in employees? Servers? I don't know.
Gauntlet could be so cool and diverse! And of course it should be a challenge. But chars with Talis that cannot fit normally is not a challenge, it is unfair. Given the high SoW costs at higher levels (I normally stop at AAA or S but last time I went high enough to get 12 Valors), man these prices are hard and I had to buy many refills despite all the SoW that came from the Dungeon! Hence a lost battle there pays off a lot!

Destiny Talis are a game braker in my opinion. Before they were released (pay only, never forget!) I almost never used a blocker in my teams. Nowadays >90% in PvP use it so it is no wonder that also many teams in Gauntlet have them as Gauntlet was supposed to be some type of mirror of the PvP environment, or? We have some characters now that are better in terms of buff removal, some even exactly to remove invisibility...but honestly I would have preferred to see a nerf in the Destiny Talis. In combination with the defense bonus they are just ultra annoying to see my M Lilith die in the first round because she gets the most stupid buffs while the enemy MLilith gets invisibility >75% with the first hit or the force shield first and then invisibility. There are options to disable passive, remove buffs or block beneficials but if every 3rd battle in Gauntlet has MLilith with Destiny, the player's options are very limited.

Some more examples of the unfairplay: accuracy buff for PvP and Gauntlet defense, ridiculous drop rates for Talisman in the Dungeons and event souls, current heroic events only considering one type of souls (which don't seem to drop during these events), inventory management that makes you crazy and you forget where the Talis are that you are looking for, making you rather evolve some new ones sometimes, ultra high costs to summon some of the recent event characters while we are obliged to summon hundreds of them for the sacrifice event, unclear statements about duration of several aspects of events etc etc.

I think adding a new level of difficulty to old worlds would be very good from the player's perspective and should be rather easy to be programmed. But I can't imagine this to happen, because these levels are just too cheap in regards of SoT! They have shown that they can design a new level that can be reused several times with some cool seasonal features - that's the Dungeon! But even the easy level costs 150% of a level in the Ailing Kingdom and if you want the good drops you better invest 10 SoT per run. Before NC was released 10 SoT was double the price of the hardest level in the game... Given the bad drop rates these Dungeons suck up a lot of Ironite for a complete set right now. It was different before... I got 3 sets of Eclipse, 2 sets of Primordial and now only 1 hard earned set of Eternals...coincidence or rather a trend? And as we have these now every month the Ironite drainage goes on.

NC was really cool to play, but as Scott said there is no reason to go back there. High SoT costs and I still cannot understand why they picked these Talismans to drop there!
LoL and BNW only during events, everything else is autoplay in the well known levels. Only PvP and Gauntlet needs manual play, which makes the game more like a football manager game. Hence I like events like the current one with some specific buffs/actions where you have to search through your roster and figure out some nice and efficient team setups.
Also I miss new Missions, new Achievements - all these small things that can brake the monotony a bit but don't need 2 years of development.

I still love the game and play it a lot, because there is no alternative that makes the Iron Maiden lore so vivid! But it cannot be overseen where all this is heading to, unfortunately!
As I said, I still have some hope and this game deserves to be a brilliant game, otherwise the name Iron Maiden is wrong here!

So all in all, have fun everybody but also point out the things you recognise that go in the wrong direction so maybe we can prevent that things turn even worse and we might be part of a better game!
Up the Irons!

hold
01-09-2019, 03:05 PM
I cannot believe my luck! Finally a team without a Magus Lilith in the 2nd fight of the first SSS round! Shall we give this team a name? Like: "Instadeath if you go 2nd!" or "Killjoy the 1st!" or "You got bumf*****!"

F****** C****!

edsel
01-09-2019, 03:08 PM
I am done this round. Lost over and over to this tough setup, unreal healing, cleansing, blocking, and mostly great damage. Had no losses until hitting this wall, having already used the strongest characters including all the ones I opposed here. Congrats to anyone getting past this one.
The good part is now I can relax and beat up on some weaklings in the Arena with MY overpowered bully team to get my frustrations out.

edsel
01-09-2019, 03:11 PM
I cannot believe my luck! Finally a team without a Magus Lilith in the 2nd fight of the first SSS round! Shall we give this team a name? Like: "Instadeath if you go 2nd!" or "Killjoy the 1st!" or "You got bumf*****!"

F****** C****!

My name for this one is wasted sands of war. At least I am not alone in this deadly encounter, how many tries did you go?

vpachev
01-09-2019, 03:17 PM
Horus saved my ass in this battle, some incredibly consistent stunning, never been so lucky.

What about the others who managed to pass? How did you achieve it?

Blade
01-09-2019, 03:19 PM
That was the team I had to deal with last episode as the first fight in SSS. Took me 4 trys, of course lost all coin tosses. Was lucky in the last try and a lot of stuns helped. After completing all SSS fights it started again and this was again the first team!!! Of course with all the ultra nasty Talisman combos.... Is it normal that the teams are the same again in the next round if you complete SSS?

hold
01-09-2019, 03:27 PM
My name for this one is wasted sands of war. At least I am not alone in this deadly encounter, how many tries did you go?

None so far ... Just opened after I needed 3 rounds with the team before with almost unreal bad luck on my side

edsel
01-09-2019, 04:25 PM
I lost coin toss 3 in a row on first SSS team, helplessly watching my teams die. After finally getting past that I got this setup. I am done trying after seeing the unreal strength of them. I would not waste Sow trying unless you have really good characters left AND feel lucky. Guess what my Arena team is now...
https://youtu.be/FO2MOTg6KqY

Waffen
01-09-2019, 07:30 PM
I lost coin toss 3 in a row on first SSS team, helplessly watching my teams die. After finally getting past that I got this setup. I am done trying after seeing the unreal strength of them. I would not waste Sow trying unless you have really good characters left AND feel lucky. Guess what my Arena team is now...

I find the best if not the only way is to have someone with immunity passive (like G Lilith, G Shinobi, etc) on your team and maybe even M Lilith as an insurance if we lose the coin toss. It also helps to equip someone with valor talisman to take care of golden buffs.

I usually save the following setup just to get past this team:
Hallowed Eddie (valor)
M Lilith (destiny and immunity or sustaining)
G Lilith (life talisman) or any other character with immunity passive
Charlotte or Any other heavy hitter (I don’t have Killer prime or else he is a better choice)

Winning the coin toss helps a lot but even if we lose it G Lilith will take one for the team and hallowed Ed can revive her.

TheAlbatross-1864
01-09-2019, 07:45 PM
Edsel, I am stuck at that same team right now. My best run i only took out two of them

Dont forget the sentinel trolls passive heals those with permadeath i think, might be helpful because of the killer prime passive that gives permadearg each turn

Muzzleloader
01-09-2019, 08:02 PM
Where is the thread that contains ideas on how to deal with killers prime, written by stormseye?

AM1982
01-09-2019, 10:30 PM
Ok, not only that playing the last few levels of gauntlet, I never had a chance to even start the battle and lost many teams, I tried with my best and only remaining team and the f*cking game froze, had to restart it and bye bye goes the last chance of this week gauntlet. Thank you devs...

mikus666
01-10-2019, 03:11 AM
I also got stopped at Magnus this round. Super tough.

Ip4
01-10-2019, 11:11 AM
grrrr...i started 6th battle in SSS and stupid retarded game crash and lost every thing...fuck this game!

hold
01-10-2019, 11:57 AM

Because you asked earlier: I won the coin toss now 3 times in a row and went 3 times in with fairly good characters - including DDE, Charlotte, HE, Horus, Green Troll, VE, Gunner Shinobi ... with all my teams I didn't see the 3rd round and the oponents were standing with full health and loads of buffs ... exactly like in your video

I am really done with this round ...

If I have relics? Oh yes - loads ... health almost maxed and all the others at least 50% ... I have no clue how I shall approach this team with the stuff I have left ... They basically single shoot my whole team in the 2nd round - including a Visions Ed with Eternals -> 40k+ health ... it didn't even help to have 2 chars with Destiny ... they just blast through this.

To the devs: ... you really know how to make something fun, don't you? Compensating for bad coding skills? This is not even close - it's just watching you team getting shot within 10 seconds ...

To everyone else: make sure you keep your Prisoner and all your other strongest chars as long as possible to face those 4 c*nts in Gauntlet - if you still play Arena -> that is your team to go.

I still have Alex Ed, Deadauls, Icarus, A Lilith, Madam, Sekhmet, Aset, Beast Ed and a few others ... I really saved a lot of good chars in SS just for another tough round but this? ... I probably bang my head against this wall a few more times just to prove a point. The main problem is that I can't protect the team (M Lilith gone) long enough to actually get a chance ... Don't have any of the newest pay to win chars because with them one might actually have a chance. Without them and without my Prisoner I can't see how ... I really don't mind a challenge but this is utter bullshit and I am sure the devs know this very well.

Why I waste my SoW here? Because Arena stopped being fun long time ago and I play the 1 needed battle a day.

hold
01-10-2019, 03:49 PM
Quick update: Alex Ed, Daedalus, Sekhmet and Purple Hellhound (Destiny) -> Got one shot in the 2nd round from the SENTINEL Killer Prime (me full health) except of Purple Dog - got invincible and

Alex was just alive and got finished by the Madam same round ... 3rd round first hit -> purple dog gone as well ...

You think those high level warrior chars should be able to put up a fight against the sentinels, wouldn't you? Forget it ... I'll leave it to this now - too frustrating ... I really liked Gauntlet - well ruined, devs!

edsel
01-10-2019, 06:28 PM
I see a trend resulting from this killer setup...5125

hold
01-10-2019, 07:03 PM
OK - last one ... I was watching TV and striving through my teams and recognized I had A Shinobi, A Lilith, Navigator and G Golden Son left - so 2x Eternal + 2x Primordial ... not a clear winner but should at least make a dent into the other team, right?

The first two pictures show the talisman setups of that sick joke and the last picture is round 2 - so much for the dent - the fight also ended in round two and I was some sort of an olympic winner that came last ... Oh, I won the coin toss and my health relics are maxed out!

Tim28213
01-10-2019, 07:06 PM
Quick question. Is there a way for the opposing team to gain Fury from your attacks?
I know counterstrike gives the opponent Fury when they strike back during your turn, which makes sense.
I was wondering if there is something that gives the opponent Fury every time you attack?
I just noticed in this gauntlet mission I got first turn and when the AI went FFE was able to do his Fury move as his first attack. When I watched the video of it every attack I made gave the AI team a bump in Fury equal to what my own team gained. With the added counterstrikes the AI gained more fury on my turn than I did.

Yup
01-10-2019, 07:09 PM
I think all characters build fury when they are damaged. Both yours and the opponents. There are things - talismans, abilities, etc - which will reduce that gain on damage (steal or lower fury) or increase it upon damage.

Tim28213
01-10-2019, 07:14 PM
I tested a similar build in my defense screen and I cannot get a one-to-one parity between the Fury I gain vs what the opponent gains. The AI does seem to gain a tiny bit from every attack, but I have not been able to get my defense set up to generate an equal amount for the AI as the attack team gets.

Yup
01-10-2019, 07:16 PM
Could be relics also.. more fury relics will gain more fury.

The Educated fool
01-10-2019, 08:17 PM
I tested a similar build in my defense screen and I cannot get a one-to-one parity between the Fury I gain vs what the opponent gains. The AI does seem to gain a tiny bit from every attack, but I have not been able to get my defense set up to generate an equal amount for the AI as the attack team gets.

Could Guard Talismans be the culprit?

Diamondhead2112
01-10-2019, 08:31 PM
I’ve just learned to accept the fact that your opponents in gauntlet can do impossible things

Cefiar
01-10-2019, 10:42 PM
Some passives give fury.

Also, do you have all your Special relics max'd? The special value is what acts as a base for the amount of fury you can get.

Yup
01-10-2019, 11:59 PM
I have not been back to Night City once since I completed it - I dont need the talisman and the other rewards are no big shakes so I just go back to the auto joy or Powerslave and AMOLAD with some NotB thrown in. I only go near BNW and LOL when I need to do it for an event - never at any other time that I can think of.

They ruined NC by making gold payouts HALF of other levels while making levels twice as difficult. There is not ONE single good "farming" battle in Night City. Not one.

I haven't been back after completion either.. EXCEPT... run Bad Blood on "Normal" because the second battle grants Endure to those skinny London cops.... if you use characters and talismans which can not remove endure (Samurai, Soulless Demon, etc) .. you can stun, taunt, freeze, etc over and over and over and over in that same battle. Then when your'e sick of use 1 ability that will remove endure. I completed A LOT of the current event taunt achievement this way costing very little SOT to do it. Use the Warrior Corrupt Rescuer which power ability has a 50% change to remove blue buffs.... so sometimes I'd get lucky and she'd hit them all with flare leaving endure in tact.

kgk56
01-11-2019, 08:34 AM
They ruined NC by making gold payouts HALF of other levels while making levels twice as difficult. There is not ONE single good "farming" battle in Night City. Not one.

The "Mortuary Bags" in madness is a good stage to grind : Nightmare & Ruins 4*, 3* Evo Runes ... not much money through

edsel
01-11-2019, 09:01 PM
OK - last one ... I was watching TV and striving through my teams and recognized I had A Shinobi, A Lilith, Navigator and G Golden Son left - so 2x Eternal + 2x Primordial ... not a clear winner but should at least make a dent into the other team, right?

The first two pictures show the talisman setups of that sick joke and the last picture is round 2 - so much for the dent - the fight also ended in round two and I was some sort of an olympic winner that came last ... Oh, I won the coin toss and my health relics are maxed out!

This team worked. Red Snowman passive is a possibility, Killer Prime will steal snowman shield and then they all freeze blind or heal block. Fear of the Dark Eddie Preying Claw basic 100% blinds all enemies. Then a multi hitter with Flash talismans for Blinding burn and stun. I stop them from moving with stun, hitting with blind, or heal block maybe I can whittle down the massive go before I get clobbered. I have one blocker left, Artillery Dog who can wear Etetnals. But FFE basic move Earthbound removes all damage invulnerability. IF he uses this one on AI battle...
https://youtu.be/-SkOu_6osQs

hold
01-11-2019, 09:26 PM
This team worked. Red Snowman passive is a possibility, Killer Prime will steal snowman shield and then they all freeze blind or heal block. Fear of the Dark Eddie Preying Claw basic 100% blinds all enemies. Then a multi hitter with Flash talismans for Blinding burn and stun. I stop them from moving with stun, hitting with blind, or heal block maybe I can whittle down the massive go before I get clobbered. I have one blocker left, Artillery Dog who can wear Etetnals. But FFE basic move Earthbound removes all damage invulnerability. IF he uses this one on AI battle...

Really cool and funny enough I am just levelling the red snowman as I had a similar idea ... No FotD left but Opera Ed might do the trick with sleep ...

Just realized I have no blocker left ... Need different approach or wait for reset ...

WickermanBR
01-11-2019, 11:52 PM
Hello everybody

I was passing through level "S" of the Gauntlet, and ual, I saw a Children of the damned magus class, with Primordial talismans ... Should this occur at this level?
Thank you all

rags-6094
01-12-2019, 04:47 AM
If this was primordial then your team should all have one silver buff, there are other talisman that could potentially wear, that give them gold buffs... But then again I have seen for myself precisely what your suggesting...mmmffff

WickermanBR
01-12-2019, 12:31 PM
Well ... At the time I thought this should happen at higher levels of Gauntlet, (as I've seen a lot of people commenting here) I had never tried to get to the "S", and from what I noticed this was the only case and only character on every "S" grade, for me, so I found it strange.

I guess what saved me there, it was my Children Of The Damned Gunner with Primordials and my Golden Son with Oracles, this must have neutralized this absurdity in the other team ...
Full shot in the dark, not even the Clairvoyant can predict these things.

Muzzleloader
01-12-2019, 01:19 PM
Wickerman, you just need to get used to going against opponents that you cant guess what talisman they are wearing. The real hard part is when then sent almost identical teams that take your best teams to beat. Having HE, alchemist and m lilith 3 times in a row is a bit ridiculous.

My first S opponent is HE, alchemist, charolette and m liilith. Trying to teach my nephew to play and he barely made it through AAA with my roster.

In AAA league, the game froze twice and they had 3 teams they gave great golden buffs. That league was not easy for my nephew to compete against.

WickermanBR
01-12-2019, 01:52 PM
Hey Muzzleloader, I think you're right...

Until last rotation (when i try the Valor talis on "S" leves) I had never given myself the trouble to pass from the AAA level, because I already considered it very difficult for me, even with the possibility of predicting the talismans. Now that I have the most unoccupied head and I have been trying to get a little further (domination talis, they are going to be a great differential I think), I realized that Gauntlet is really challenging on a level that can bother sometimes. hahahaha

But as you said, the way is to expect everything, any possible combination for the teams that we face there.

That's why I'm stopping here, the first time I reached level SS, and I think that's my limit for now.

Cheers

edsel
01-12-2019, 02:16 PM
I just fought against magus lilith wearing Eclipse 6 set purple, guess the rules are there ain't no rules when NF assembles their team players.

Olevipoeg
01-12-2019, 03:28 PM
Just awsome! Beating all five star team wearing most powerful amulets using natural 4 star char team and even without winning coin toss. My hat's off to you!

hold
01-12-2019, 03:39 PM

Can't get passed this team - as I said no blocker left and I tried Opera Ed, Gunner Krampus, Warrior Snowman and Sentinel Shinobi - sleep and stun as strategy. Everything fully sharded.

Lost the coin toss and FFE 1 shot the Krampus - long story short - Shinobi made it to the 3rd round and ...

After that I did a small experiment. As I don't play Arena but the fight a day I fell into deeper regions (1400ish) ... so I started fights with only FFE. I lost a few because he got stunned all the time. So I gave him wearing Angel and Power Shield and won 50 % ish. After that I ran FFE and Madam with Oracle and just with those 2 I cleared a full list - 1 team pulled up a bit of a fight but I basically ran through.

So I thought I put those 2 into defense - just those two. Checking a day later I have 8 out of 10 wins in defense. Sure I got quite a few relics but really? Pretty much shows how OP all this new stuff is ... Looking forward to next Arena event that I can run on autoplay I guess ...

Tim28213
01-12-2019, 04:19 PM
If this was primordial then your team should all have one silver buff, there are other talisman that could potentially wear, that give them gold buffs... But then again I have seen for myself precisely what your suggesting...mmmffff

Rags-this has been the worst instance of Gauntlet IMO. I've had bug crashes, force quit, multiple instances of talismans and character abilities not performing as they should. I've accepted that they are going to put whatever talismans they want on any character legal or not.

This is the first time I've not enjoyed Gauntlet. I've loved Gauntlet up to this. But all the errors this time have me really disappointed.

Muzzleloader
01-12-2019, 04:41 PM
Is anyone experiencing more than normal freeze in arena/gauntlet. I rarely could play more than 1 gauntlet without having to restart the game. It would just hang when trying to move between gauntlet/arena. The last day I have had some bad weather and was wondering if that was the cause.

Banished
01-13-2019, 03:31 PM
End of Gauntlet for me at AAA. Could not pass the last fight. Really annoying. I really don't like AAA with Magus only. They are weak compare to Assassin and I don't have enough. But at least I should be able to receive my 100 AM frags.

Muzzleloader
01-13-2019, 03:38 PM
My nephew had a hard time with this level with my roster. Those golden buffs where hard to counter with magus teams. I think this was one of the harder AAA opposing teams that came across.

rags-6094
01-13-2019, 05:08 PM
FFE/Osiris/Killer Prime/Madam my first fight 2nd time round SSS level, I have a host of fully skill sharded characters, none of which could come close against those two sentinels alone... I've tried twice now, I'm just throwing my sow away...

T-Man
01-13-2019, 06:23 PM
FFE/Osiris/Killer Prime/Madam my first fight 2nd time round SSS level, I have a host of fully skill sharded characters, none of which could come close against those two sentinels alone... I've tried twice now, I'm just throwing my sow away...

I’m facing this team right now for the 2nd time. That’s some BS! This was my first SSS battle, and now again first battle 2nd round. It was hard enough getting the first win, trying to get another win against this team now is brutal!

Any body else face this team more than once?

Muzzleloader
01-13-2019, 06:30 PM
What did you use to win the first go around? Does the red snowman passive defense work? I haven't earned killer prime yet, so am not familiar with him.

T-Man
01-13-2019, 08:27 PM
What did you use to win the first go around? Does the red snowman passive defense work? I haven't earned killer prime yet, so am not familiar with him.

I had already used KP. Didn’t try the w snowman.

I tried working out several different teams test running in the Arena defense area, and I believe I settled on
FFE, Madam, Musashi, and Gimp.

The Arena defense test area is extremely buggy (surprise), and it won’t tell the true tale, but I sometimes use it to get a feel of things against hard teams. Wish this worked properly. Would be a big help.

The actual Gauntlet battle was easier than my test runs. Thankfully.

Try figuring out a second team. :rolleyes:

T-Man
01-14-2019, 04:30 AM
Tried 2 more teams that I could win with in test runs. Both got completely destroyed when it mattered. Hardest team to beat in the game with pay talisman at that. I had to face that teen twice. I’d say that’s impossible to pass. How fair is that?

I’m done with this Gauntlet session, and once again disappointed with the unbalance of this game. Gauntlet is the very last thing I enjoy with this game, and now that’s gone as well. :mad:

rags-6094
01-14-2019, 05:21 AM
T-man I think you should keep in mind that in weeks past, possibly the last 2 months of gauntlet we have been fortunate to have extra relics through events and purchase that made us less vunerable..
Don't lose your mojo too quickly my friend, this could be the next big forum subject for us to poor over...?
Might be fun trying to speak on it publicly and devise a plan! Rather than all of us burning our ironite one of us could take one for the team till we find the key! I'll be the first to burn the sow in an attempt if your game. There has to be others in the same position .... anyway give it some thought...

90mphyorker
01-14-2019, 12:45 PM
I have as well now and had the same response so sent a screenshot to them. Hoping for a response soon

Have you had a reply to your screenshot yet?

Banished
01-14-2019, 12:45 PM
Exactly Muzzleloader.

Deano82
01-14-2019, 01:20 PM
Have you had a reply to your screenshot yet?
Yes I got given my missing rewards on Saturday. Im assuming you havent had a reply yet?

edsel
01-14-2019, 02:39 PM
I’m facing this team right now for the 2nd time. That’s some BS! This was my first SSS battle, and now again first battle 2nd round. It was hard enough getting the first win, trying to get another win against this team now is brutal!

Any body else face this team more than once?

Yes T-Man and Rags, my SSS second,fight on first round now again this,team first fight on second round. Took me,a,while to figure out the red snowman trick which worked where other seemingly more powerful characters failed...no top 10 for me this run I guess. This is,the strongest team yet5136

edsel
01-14-2019, 02:43 PM
And there are 19 of us stuck at the 62nd fight right now, we all have this same ream ream?

Muzzleloader
01-14-2019, 03:47 PM
As my nephew is working through level S with my team he is crossing some tough teams, lots of gods and newer characters. Destiny on Breeg kind of put a kink in his strategy. At least he is becoming used to the lopsided coin toss.

One of his comments was, they forgot christmas is over. Their team lights up on buffs like a christmas tree. Another comment was the more toons that are added causes gauntlets difficulty and complexity to grow exponentially.

He wonders why cant the opponents be limited 1 time toons use per level. He didnt have to play the mulltiple HE, Alchemist, m lilith teams. If the patter continues next season will be full of FFE and killer prime combos.

Tim28213
01-14-2019, 04:09 PM
Same team for me at SSS.
I tried the red snowman trick and it failed for me. Osiris cleansed the others so I got wiped. Also Killer Prime always has perfect immunity.
I had a stunner left and was able to remove Immunity and stun 3 of 4, but of course Osiris wasn't stunned, cleansed the others and I got wiped.
I've tried using a blocker. I actually killed Osiris when I got first turn once but that left Killer and FFE to wipe me.
Sentinel Troll was promising but failed. The AI is building buffs faster than I can strip them off and Osiris leaves no room for error.
I tried Magus Mayan Priestess fully sharded with future talismans (should be a 75% chance to land sleep). Also had Beast Eddie on same team with Nightmare talismans. I removed immunity first and had zero sleeps land from either character. At 75% chance and no immunity present I should have landed one or two you'd think.
I have one thing that I want to try before I give up. In my test runs Invis protects against Killer Passive and attacks. I tried invis talismans on a blocker on one team but with 2 characters both doing perfect hits neither invis went off and I was wiped. I'm going to try again with invis and hope for better luck. I think if I can get past 1 whole turn with at least 3 characters I might be able to do it...
Like T-Man I spend some time in the practice defense test ring. I made several teams that I could win with in the practice ring. Tested each repeatedly going first and going second, but they were all wiped quickly in the actual Gauntlet run.
This is a really challenging team.

I'm more frustrated about the losses I have had this round to bugs in the game. A few people have beaten this nightmare team and Kudos to them big time. Losing to a game bug in this type of competition is ridiculous.

T-Man
01-14-2019, 06:00 PM
T-man I think you should keep in mind that in weeks past, possibly the last 2 months of gauntlet we have been fortunate to have extra relics through events and purchase that made us less vunerable..
Don't lose your mojo too quickly my friend, this could be the next big forum subject for us to poor over...?
Might be fun trying to speak on it publicly and devise a plan! Rather than all of us burning our ironite one of us could take one for the team till we find the key! I'll be the first to burn the sow in an attempt if your game. There has to be others in the same position .... anyway give it some thought...

I appreciate the encouragement bro. I’m just burnt on this. Spent nearly an entire day trying to find a way to beat this team a second time and honestly the AI is cranked up so high that I don’t think it’s possible with the toons I have left.

I’ll keep an eye this thread though. Btw I tried the red snowman in test runs and his passive wasn’t working. I used Phantom in the battle and he would put everyone to sleep except Osiris who would just cleans the entire team.

Tim28213
01-14-2019, 07:09 PM
Can someone explain the timing on this to me? I recorded this so it was easier to see this time.

Only the pumpkin has permadeath and curse at this point.
Minazuki is my last character to act.
I am assuming that the burn effect on Prime kills him after Minazuki's strike at the end of the turn?
You can see Invis gets applied to both Minazuki and Horus about 4 seconds into the video after Minazuki's attack as it should.
It should now be the end of the turn when the burn goes off and kills Prime. Prime should be dead right?
He is still standing, his passive goes off and removes invis and applies curse and permadeath to everyone and removes invis THEN he falls down and the AI starts their turn.

The burn should go off at the end of the turn and kill him right? Or does the burn go off at the beginning of his turn after his passive goes off?
My question is when should his passive go off and when should the burn apply? I had a couple other battles where I killed Prime but all of his effects still hit me in the next turn.

I thought he should be dead at the end of my turn which would mean his passive should not have been applied to my team. Is that wrong? Maybe I just don't understand the timing correctly...

https://youtu.be/QNDmVvygQM8

rags-6094
01-14-2019, 07:11 PM
Nightmare talismans won't be cleansed so easily by Osiris if you had a character that could stand that long...oh and hit every player with it..
I just tried a bunch of different ideas including double the primordials, that didn't work, I can't use eclipse because Killer primes passive takes gold buffs away.. Same for immortals.. I did use My Gunner Mayan Priestess who is supposed revive with 60% hp but the permadeth negates that, even destiny's crumble against them. I have taken out Madam a couple of times and I survived an attack from start with DDE wearing shadow, useless... from that point though, Madam died at DDE's hands and I almost got Osiris but FFE made short work of me next turn...

zamasu
01-14-2019, 08:45 PM
Can someone explain the timing on this to me? I recorded this so it was easier to see this time.

Only the pumpkin has permadeath and curse at this point.
Minazuki is my last character to act.
I am assuming that the burn effect on Prime kills him after Minazuki's strike at the end of the turn?
You can see Invis gets applied to both Minazuki and Horus about 4 seconds into the video after Minazuki's attack as it should.
It should now be the end of the turn when the burn goes off and kills Prime. Prime should be dead right?
He is still standing, his passive goes off and removes invis and applies curse and permadeath to everyone and removes invis THEN he falls down and the AI starts their turn.

The burn should go off at the end of the turn and kill him right? Or does the burn go off at the beginning of his turn after his passive goes off?
My question is when should his passive go off and when should the burn apply? I had a couple other battles where I killed Prime but all of his effects still hit me in the next turn.

I thought he should be dead at the end of my turn which would mean his passive should not have been applied to my team. Is that wrong? Maybe I just don't understand the timing correctly...

https://youtu.be/QNDmVvygQM8

Very Interesting. I think the wording is "every turn" so, by the time the extra damage hits killer prime he is already in his turn and passive is activated. Both might happen at the same time.

It will look like that.

your turn:

Hit KP, Grant vanish
end of turn

opponents turn:

Passives activated, Overtime damage (both happening at the same time)

Tim28213
01-14-2019, 09:54 PM
When I read the burn effect information is says it takes place at the end of the opponents turn.
That's why I thought Prime should have died at the end of my turn before his turn started.

90mphyorker
01-14-2019, 10:31 PM
Yes I got given my missing rewards on Saturday. Im assuming you havent had a reply yet?

Great you got your missing rewards.

No, I haven’t had a reply since I sent the screenshot on Friday. It says sent in my email, so I will assume it wss sent and they’ve been busy.

edsel
01-14-2019, 10:42 PM
Great you got your missing rewards.

No, I haven’t had a reply since I sent the screenshot on Friday. It says sent in my email, so I will assume it wss sent and they’ve been busy.

I am waiting also, got this reply
Thank you for reporting this!

Could you provide a screenshot of what your game is showing for rank stats for Gauntlet? (ie your Last week's rank, Best, current etc.)

And we'll look into it.

Kind Regards,

Sam

Deano82
01-14-2019, 10:46 PM
It was Sam who got my rewards back for me so fingers crossed you both should be getting yours soon

ericgallucci
01-16-2019, 06:24 PM
Man this is bullshit. I can normally finish in the top 25 when I put in the time for gauntlet. Last gauntlet I couldn’t get pass second fight of SSS cause it was the third KP I had to face and was out of good options. Now this gauntlet I’m undefeated as usual until my first SSS fight.

FFE - sustaining, warlord
KP - sustaining, warlord, IMMUNITY
Madam - Oracle
Charlotte- Dominance

So I got fucked and lost the coin toss five fights in a row. So Charlottes passive and Oracles both combine for like +200% HP to team. Warlords trigger too cause of the buffs they start makes warlord grant them every offensive golden buff. So all those factors make FFE doing over 120k to my whole team. Prisoner doesn’t stop KP passive cause of his immunity talismans. KP passive is too fucking cheap and always seems to strip my best effects off and when I used my KP against this team he barely put a dent in their effects. Like I said doesn’t help I went second every time. So RNG also plays a factor in gauntlet rankings not just soul drops. My 10 year old son faced the FFE KP Osiris team and went first and won which is cool for him. Just think they really need to fix how warlords work and KP passive. When someone with redemption died, when my turn started KP removed echo and physical shield instantly. How can one character make every talisman worthless?

edsel
01-16-2019, 06:32 PM
Man this is bullshit. I can normally finish in the top 25 when I put in the time for gauntlet. Last gauntlet I couldn’t get pass second fight of SSS cause it was the third KP I had to face and was out of good options. Now this gauntlet I’m undefeated as usual until my first SSS fight.

FFE - sustaining, warlord
KP - sustaining, warlord, IMMUNITY
Madam - Oracle
Charlotte- Dominance

So I got fucked and lost the coin toss five fights in a row. So Charlottes passive and Oracles both combine for like +200% HP to team. Warlords trigger too cause of the buffs they start makes warlord grant them every offensive golden buff. So all those factors make FFE doing over 120k to my whole team. Prisoner doesn’t stop KP passive cause of his immunity talismans. KP passive is too fucking cheap and always seems to strip my best effects off and when I used my KP against this team he barely put a dent in their effects. Like I said doesn’t help I went second every time. So RNG also plays a factor in gauntlet rankings not just soul drops. My 10 year old son faced the FFE KP Osiris team and went first and won which is cool for him. Just think they really need to fix how warlords work and KP passive. When someone with redemption died, when my turn started KP removed echo and physical shield instantly. How can one character make every talisman worthless?

Game changing overpowered team for sure, and having to face it multiple times with fewer characters available as you go through SSS has stumped many this run.

ericgallucci
01-16-2019, 06:36 PM
Yeah it’s pretty frustrating especially to lose the coin toss five times in a row. The combination of the team and talismans is just insane especially with warlord granting all the best buffs when they went first. I don’t believe that’s how they are suppose to work.

Natasmai
01-16-2019, 09:01 PM
3rd battle in S has me stuck. it is

Alexander,
Green Shinobi,
The Beast,
Purple Shinobi,

I have lost the coin all 4 times ive tried this fight and they just destroy me. usually i only have 1 or 2 toons that arent stunned after first attack and then they finish me off on second attack. ive tried using immune passives and it didnt even matter. what am i missing?

Muzzleloader
01-16-2019, 09:34 PM
What toons do you have that can cleanse, or do you have a toon that revives upon death that you can use with serenity talis. Do you have golden Pharoah dog and angel talis?

Seventhson6669
01-17-2019, 01:51 AM
Anyone have success against FE, Killer Prime, Osiris & Madam in the gauntlet? Killer Prime is waaayyyyyyy overpowered. He's doing 40k to 70k damage per hit, and when I use this toon, mine only does 4k damage.

Yup
01-17-2019, 01:54 AM
Yeah I had no issue.. but.. used FE, Alchemist, Killer Prime, and Magus Lilith. -- Use FE's basic hit to stun as often as possible.... Kill the Madam first... then use M Lilith to Exhaust KP and FE whenever you can. The only real tricky part is if the AI goes first FE may kill M Lilith with the first hit. From there.. it's a gamble and dependent upon relics really.

I got stopped out at battle 19 of SSS simply due to no more strong characters.... I could keep fighting, but I'll lose with pumpkins and wickerdeer.

90mphyorker
01-17-2019, 02:47 AM
Can anyone remember the Talisman combos for the Killer Prime, Final Frontier Ed, Madam and Osiris teams?

Finally made it through to SSS whixh a half decent bunch of strong characters left and pondering my next move.

Thought Prisoner might be useful if i win the toss but he’s useless if they all have Immunity Talismans.

90mphyorker
01-17-2019, 11:52 AM
So turns out Prisoner wasn’t much use. The two with Passives had Immunity. Thankfully Final Frontier Eddie is so overpowered he and Charlotte did the job all by themselves.

Ip4
01-17-2019, 11:56 AM
duplicated characters are not useful on higher than AAA?

Olevipoeg
01-17-2019, 01:52 PM
duplicated characters are not useful on higher than AAA?
No, they are not.

Natasmai
01-17-2019, 01:59 PM
What toons do you have that can cleanse, or do you have a toon that revives upon death that you can use with serenity talis. Do you have golden Pharoah dog and angel talis?

yes i have golden pharoah, but no angels. Im not sure I have a cleanse toon left. and the ones i had were guaranteed to be the stunned toons when i used them. I tried alchemist... stunned round 1, dead round 2. Same with Madam and Magus Lilith. not sure if I have any left, I'll have to look, but I assume that they will get stunned also unless i use immunity talis on them. im fairly certain I am done for this gauntlet, I am just wondering if there was something obvious that i was missing besides maxing out relics and winning the coin toss. This is my first time making it this far. Ive increased 1 level each over the last 3 gauntlets, so I am moving in the right direction.

I only play arena enough to get around 1900 for the free eternal frags, and I play gauntlet as far as I go, so I dont do much PVP and I dont have a lot of coin to stack up the relics. I find the relics to be a very poor concept and it is unfortunate that I feel like they are designing the newer dungeons based on the assumption of all of us having max relics... going to make it hard to clear goals moving forward

Muzzleloader
01-17-2019, 02:34 PM
As far as the coin toss goes. Get used to losing more than 50% of the time, that's the way it is. Angel talisman are a real help in the game, especially with the latest round of stun/sleep powers on the new toons. Did you try warrior death dog, if he doesnt get stunned his power move might help.

Unfortunately relics do play a significant part of the game, they are a huge difference, you can see it in the fury generation and health bonus.

waymo
01-17-2019, 08:04 PM
looks like i'm out of gauntlet now too. just can't get past that first team on first SSS level

Olevipoeg
01-18-2019, 11:27 AM
I met today such a wonderful team:
Final Frontier Eddie( Eternal )
Sentinel Ichiyou( Fortune, Sustaining )
Madame( Fortune, Immunity)
Killer Prime( Warlord, Sustaining, Immunity)
No freeze or stun tricks. Ichiyou stuns your team instead.

Waffen
01-21-2019, 05:12 AM
Wow! AAA round this time is just brutal. Magus Lilith, Icarus, Shinobis, Benjamin and hallowed Eddie everywhere. I mean 3 teams with hallowed Ed and M Lilith. How are we supposed to beat them more than once with magus characters? They are all equipped with pretty strong talismans too....

Not sure if I can get past AAA this time... might have to try and fill the vortex couple times so I can get a dupe alchemist.

Esquatcho
01-21-2019, 10:45 AM
Anyone find it weird that the talismans are dominance once again? Dont they usually rotate? Or do you reckon its a random algorithm and just happened to land on dominance twice in a row?

Liu
01-21-2019, 10:52 AM
Anyone find it weird that the talismans are dominance once again? Dont they usually rotate? Or do you reckon its a random algorithm and just happened to land on dominance twice in a row?

Shows inspiration talismans on my device

kgk56
01-21-2019, 11:06 AM
Inspiration

Banished
01-21-2019, 11:46 AM
Wow! AAA round this time is just brutal. Magus Lilith, Icarus, Shinobis, Benjamin and hallowed Eddie everywhere. I mean 3 teams with hallowed Ed and M Lilith. How are we supposed to beat them more than once with magus characters? They are all equipped with pretty strong talismans too....

Not sure if I can get past AAA this time... might have to try and fill the vortex couple times so I can get a dupe alchemist.

What color at AAA level this week?

Olevipoeg
01-21-2019, 12:07 PM
What color at AAA level this week?
I believe answer is in the part you were quoting. Waffen said magus characters, so it is blue.

Banished
01-21-2019, 12:09 PM
I believe answer is in the part you were quoting. Waffen said magus characters, so it is blue.

txs, did not see the "magus" in his sentence.

Lthepostman
01-21-2019, 01:07 PM
And once again I got wrong rewards ;) Well, support was extremely quick and efficient last time but it is pretty annoying to contact them all the time

Esquatcho
01-21-2019, 02:03 PM
Shows inspiration talismans on my device

Thanks (& kgk too). Got some bugginess it seems then!

scott-5496
01-21-2019, 02:36 PM
The game seems riddled with bugs at the moment but maybe not for the majority. I wish I had not reinstalled the game to be honest as I could at least access it all and was not too bothered baout hitting the current event. Com eon devs lets get some feedback or at least respond to the support emails we have sent.

Cheers and sorry again to my troopers who will get nothing from me until they fix this!

Liu
01-21-2019, 03:18 PM
The game seems riddled with bugs at the moment but maybe not for the majority. I wish I had not reinstalled the game to be honest as I could at least access it all and was not too bothered baout hitting the current event. Com eon devs lets get some feedback or at least respond to the support emails we have sent.

Cheers and sorry again to my troopers who will get nothing from me until they fix this!

Maybe they'll at least extend the event duration if they can't fix it on time.

Random question: there's a pretty decent android virtual machine called android studio (ofc there are more) have you, or anyone else affected by this bug, tried a virtual machine ? I'm guessing there are virtual machines for ios as well, if it is indeed a droid issue maybe this will even be better ?

Liu
01-21-2019, 06:18 PM
Anyone else not able to complete the fourth stage on grade B ?
I've tried three times now, each time victorious, and each time the stage has not been cleared. Characters are reset, so I can use them again, but SOW are deducted permanently.

/e: the animation for clearance will show the previous stage. pretty weird. I'm guessing I won't get past grad B this time ...
it's also really frustrating the sow/sot will get deducted the moment you tap battle, yet the game crashes so often and you never get the spent resources refunded ... :/

/e2: restarting the game solved the issue, however, the sow is deducted - so if anyone else is experiencing this issue, don't try to beat the stage again, just terminate and restart the game

in case this is a known issue I apologize for unnecessary text :P

Natasmai
01-21-2019, 08:17 PM
i also submitted a ticket for incorrect rewards. First time I paid attention to it since I saw all the people posting about the last one. so who knows my rewards last time might have been wrong too. at least this time i screenshot everything and submitted it.

HuckFinn150
01-21-2019, 11:51 PM
I'm waiting to do gauntlet until this upcoming weekend. I've done it at rest for the last couple of sessions and finished my highest only to watch it drop as others start to play. I'm hoping this plan works better than the early starting.

Waffen
01-25-2019, 03:14 PM
Is it just me or the gauntlet this time around has all OP characters starting AA? AAA was a challenge with lots of Horus, Icarus, hallowed, M Lilith, etc.

Due to the arena event I have no SOW and having to wait for each battle so still in SS.
I am only into 4th battle and so far each one was setup with top arena characters, including FFE.

Can anyone confirm how the teams are setup in the second half of SS and even in SSS. Having a hard time choosing characters for battles as they all need some type of cleansing and permadeaths. At this rate I might run out of cleanse character by the time I reach SSS.

Liu
01-25-2019, 03:20 PM
Are the teams identical for all of us ? Oo
I'm on AAA and I don't see a single hallowed ed, horus, m lilith or icarus. Ah, no, there's one m lilith

kgk56
01-25-2019, 03:22 PM
I personally had to stop at AAA (beat 2 dungeons) : no more worthy magus left

Waffen
01-25-2019, 03:39 PM
Are the teams identical for all of us ? Oo
I'm on AAA and I don't see a single hallowed ed, horus, m lilith or icarus. Ah, no, there's one m lilith

I don’t think they are identical, but I was referring to the difficulty in general this time compared to last one.

Trust me I had to use 4 dupe alchemist to get through AAA. I wouldn’t have been able to get past AAA otherwise, it was that bad for me.

And now SS is filled with top arena characters for me. I guess I got the short straw lol.
Oh well, I guess I won’t be able to finish in the top 100 this time. I guess I’ll have to do gauntlet one more time before I can get mariner.

Nicko
01-25-2019, 06:41 PM
Is it just me or the gauntlet this time around has all OP characters starting AA? AAA was a challenge with lots of Horus, Icarus, hallowed, M Lilith, etc.

Due to the arena event I have no SOW and having to wait for each battle so still in SS.
I am only into 4th battle and so far each one was setup with top arena characters, including FFE.

Can anyone confirm how the teams are setup in the second half of SS and even in SSS. Having a hard time choosing characters for battles as they all need some type of cleansing and permadeaths. At this rate I might run out of cleanse character by the time I reach SSS.

I agree. I won all the battles, but a combination of tougher teams and Magus-only toons made it more challenging than normal.

Natasmai
01-25-2019, 06:57 PM

I am officially giving up at AA.. I couldnt beat the second team. It was M. Ninja Alchemist Horus Hallowed Eddie. Lost every single coin toss, had most of my team stunned permanently (even with passive immunity and cleansers in every team) and whenever i would damage someone, they would gain more health than the amount i dealt. I never saw any health bars go down...

Hardest thing i ever saw. I'll go back to beating M lilith/Assassin Banshee in arena, that's a piece of cake.

HuckFinn150
01-26-2019, 10:41 PM
I'm stopped at AAA. These are too much for my teams.

edsel
01-27-2019, 10:41 PM
I'm stopped at AAA. These are too much for my teams.

Check out the insane damage numbers 1st SSS team blasted through blocker with Eternal for 50k and Horus 167k+ one hit. Then a second tough team just destroyed instantly. Lose the coin toss=waste ironite/sands of war. I record hi stakes fights to study what went on and try to learn how to better combat the scenario. This is absurd with what I have left in my roster. Done for now.
https://youtu.be/8bYdRdAfnLY

edsel
01-27-2019, 10:42 PM
Second and final attempt, joke.
https://youtu.be/VPcPc5RvSV4

Iced_Earth
01-27-2019, 10:50 PM
Cleared the first SSS stage, after its reset, i have again to fight a ffe/alchemist/Killer Prime and madam Team. Idk how to beat this team a second Time... thats insane

HuckFinn150
01-27-2019, 11:15 PM
Edsel that's nuts. I'd have been stopped if I made it there. My Magus are my weakest link when they are all that can be used lol.

T-Man
01-28-2019, 02:19 AM
I had the FFE, Madam, KP, Set team 3 times in SSS last Gauntlet session. It’s a perfect storm of a team. Beat it twice, and didn’t bother to try a 3rd time because I couldn’t improve my rewards at that point anyway. Really annoying! This need to be fixed, and happy to see that on the agenda.

edsel
01-28-2019, 04:10 PM
Cleared the first SSS stage, after its reset, i have again to fight a ffe/alchemist/Killer Prime and madam Team. Idk how to beat this team a second Time... thats insane

Update to saga, never underestimate power of spam-stun team with remove beneficial effects.
https://youtu.be/z5vG_kHJ7MY

Esquatcho
01-29-2019, 01:29 AM
Update to saga, never underestimate power of spam-stun team with remove beneficial effects.
https://youtu.be/z5vG_kHJ7MY

Indeed! That little demon critter is pretty damn useful hey!?

blade685
02-01-2019, 12:56 PM
to don't play vs cheated teams i just stop at AAA....

edsel
02-02-2019, 08:20 PM
Okay I know its Groundhogs day today right but is it really required for the first SSS fight of the 2nd wave and 3rd wave to be so similar? C'mon guys. I could beat this once but now with mummy and snowman left I am forced to retire...51935194

Muzzleloader
02-02-2019, 08:42 PM
What will the new ream team be for the next gauntlet season? With all the new toons the gauntlet is just getting more difficult each season. You would think they could have more variable teams with all the toons released in the last few months.

Waffen
02-02-2019, 10:43 PM
Okay I know its Groundhogs day today right but is it really required for the first SSS fight of the 2nd wave and 3rd wave to be so similar? C'mon guys. I could beat this once but now with mummy and snowman left I am forced to retire...51935194

I had to face FFE, Alchemist, Assasin Banshee and M Lilith on my 3rd wave. I had decent toons like Phantom Ed, prisoner, ferryman, Assasin Shinobi, Gunner Shinobi, alchemist, M Lilith, etc. I tried 3 times and lost coin toss all three times so couldn’t disable passives with perfect immunity up.

However, one time I had echo on G Shinobi (got it after a toon with redemption dies) and I was lucky enough to attack M Lilith 4 times and twice with alchemist. Guess what, Assasin Banshee passive triggered all 6 times.

Liu
02-04-2019, 08:41 AM
So, the bug that awards the rewards incorrectly still persists ? I've gotten master 3 instead of master 1. Did anyone else also receive the wrong rewards ?

Esquatcho
02-04-2019, 09:39 AM
It may well be around, but fwiw, I got the right rewards for AAA.... That said, I assume you checked your stats, not that you had a last minute drop? In another thread someone was mentioning they dropped a heap of places last minute. Maybe thats the bug?

Olevipoeg
02-04-2019, 10:30 AM
Gauntlet battle character select screen sort order by class makes no sense at all. Whatever order I choose, every time are first eddies then warriors and all other are in complete mess. Is it just my problem or somebody else have hard times finding right chars also?

kgk56
02-04-2019, 10:48 AM
Gauntlet battle character select screen sort order by class makes no sense at all. Whatever order I choose, every time are first eddies then warriors and all other are in complete mess. Is it just my problem or somebody else have hard times finding right chars also?

Same here. Maybe an update but an unfortunate one.

dragonmat89
02-04-2019, 11:38 AM
Just posted this in bugs - makes team selection even slower!

HuckFinn150
02-04-2019, 01:04 PM
Finally got the Mariner. After the Ferryman I'm little disappointed in the Mariner. Maybe after some talisman experiments I might change. He's not bad, but just not what I was expecting. What combos are you all running on him?

Liu
02-04-2019, 01:08 PM
Default sorting mode (at least for me) is lexicographic: first sorting order is eddies, second sorting order is names. I prefer the default mode in the "my team" screen, but at least I can find what I'm looking for if I know the name.

Blade
02-04-2019, 01:36 PM
Finally got the Mariner. After the Ferryman I'm little disappointed in the Mariner. Maybe after some talisman experiments I might change. He's not bad, but just not what I was expecting. What combos are you all running on him?

"Finally"? Wow you must have been very active in Gauntlet recently then - congrats! I have 305 frags right now, and this includes the frags from the recent events like the Arena event! We still have plenty of time to get the mariner, right?

But yes, I also think he is not so powerful like some other new characters, even compared to some 4*. But I think he looks amazing and I will be happy to welcome him in my benchwarmer team ;)

Olevipoeg
02-04-2019, 02:30 PM
"Finally"? Wow you must have been very active in Gauntlet recently then - congrats! I have 305 frags right now, and this includes the frags from the recent events like the Arena event! We still have plenty of time to get the mariner, right?

But yes, I also think he is not so powerful like some other new characters, even compared to some 4*. But I think he looks amazing and I will be happy to welcome him in my benchwarmer team ;)
I think you need to be in top 10 at least once to get Ancient Mariner now. :) I'm experimenting with it right now. Its passive is a bit mystery. It basic move does sometimes 10K single char damage, and power move about 3x2000 to all. I'm using Avenger and Energy Sets. It can use Eternal set also, but its damage is magical and there are not any magic boosting Eternal Talismans available. Mariner is powerful, but it can't stand against Killer Prime.

HuckFinn150
02-04-2019, 02:41 PM
When he was released I set my sights and calculated how to get him. I've not been focusing on the events other than how to get more fragments and WE and Ferryman. Somehow the dungeon event was kind in granting the needed avenue for 100 fragments. Plus, pushing myself in the gauntlet.

Blade
02-04-2019, 03:07 PM
I think you need to be in top 10 at least once to get Ancient Mariner now. :) I'm experimenting with it right now. Its passive is a bit mystery. It basic move does sometimes 10K single char damage, and power move about 3x2000 to all. I'm using Avenger and Energy Sets. It can use Eternal set also, but its damage is magical and there are not any magic boosting Eternal Talismans available. Mariner is powerful, but it can't stand against Killer Prime.

From the opening post:
"Our second Gauntlet season starts now and will run until March 17th at 5pm PT."
This means there are still 3 rollovers left for 200 frags (actually a bit less as soon as my rewards get corrected).
Normally we are able to get the event character if we reach AAA all the times.

So don't shock me Olevi! :P

Waffen
02-04-2019, 08:12 PM

I am with you on that. He felt underwhelming to me and I don’t see a place for him in the arena.

I am currently using energy and snow talisman on him. Still need to experiment with talisman and figure him out.
Meanwhile, i set him as my champion for anyone who wants to try him out.

HuckFinn150
02-04-2019, 08:23 PM
I'm currently using energy and assassin. I was hoping he'd be more blue. I might try snow, but really thinking about steel. I wish I could get more blood soul to get another Warlord to use on him.

Waffen
02-04-2019, 08:47 PM
I'm currently using energy and assassin. I was hoping he'd be more blue. I might try snow, but really thinking about steel. I wish I could get more blood soul to get another Warlord to use on him.

Yes I am looking forward for blood souls event, so I can get more warlord talisman too.

I went with snow talisman to try and use him as a cleanser. But so far I have been having bad luck with his cleansing to proc, with 35% chance. Future talisman might improve the odds but he can get stunned and that defeats the purpose lol.

So I don’t think he can replace alchemist in pvp. And definitely isn’t worth replacing a blocker or current OP damage dealers (KP, ferryman, etc). So In my opinion, he doesn’t fit in the current pvp meta.

HuckFinn150
02-04-2019, 09:05 PM
I think I'm just going to set a nautical defence with Navigator, Ferryman and the Mariner.