PDA

View Full Version : toughest dungeon has to be gunner

Hypnos
08-28-2016, 09:22 AM
seriously.. I've been stuck on level ix for about 30 minutes now. Every time he performs his ability he refills his health, gains my buffs and only a few turns later does his fury which makes him invincible for 2 turns. I am stuck in a rut here, it's almost impossible to kill him once he gets that first buff steal off.

I don't know what you guys think but I would like to see a nerf to this boss to make this dungeon beatable in less than an hour!

Kaijester
08-28-2016, 09:42 AM
Been farming regularly with this team at lvl10:

Magus Allied Solder for reflect shield
Sentinel Allied Solder for dispel the boss
Pharaoh Sun Spirit for healing, and blocking boss skills
(Default) Eddie for Heal Blocking Fury

The team consists of 3 stars and below characters who have the right skills. Nerf not required.

BillLion
08-28-2016, 09:45 AM
Just beat it level 10, but I agree this is the hardest dungeon, just because of level 10.

PerthEddie
08-28-2016, 10:28 AM

The team consists of 3 stars and below characters who have the right skills. Nerf not required.

All of them are 3*? They must have fully maxed talismans at a guess though?

Hypnos
08-28-2016, 11:00 AM

that's pretty awesome. I guess I should start levelling new characters

DruellaDVil-1997
08-28-2016, 11:04 AM

Using the same team except Edie where I use the Soldier for fast energy replenishing. All 4* maxed to 80 with talisman at 4* maxed. Nowhere near beating without huge spend on crystals and a lot of luck.

Any suggestions on talisman / strategy / whatever is the magic you do!?

Thanks

Kaijester
08-28-2016, 11:13 AM
Umm everyone has 20k HP and above.

007RAV15-8839
08-28-2016, 11:56 AM
I couldn't do it last week. Tried this week couldn't do it, gave up not leveled up enough. Decided I'd just farm level 7. I was using a trooper's Allied General it went pretty smooth hey I got 25 ironite! It was stage 10!! Pretty sweet stealing fury on his basic attack.

Nekroliun
08-28-2016, 12:08 PM
This week i got to lvl 10, i used up 4 revives getting to him and 1 on meeting him, i could kill him if allies general's fury steal actually activates, and if nomad's vanish would vanish the general and himsef, my best trooper which is a soldier eddie with max everything couldnt do it, gotta admit soldier eddie is not that good here, i always end up with soldier alive and everyone dead and then he heals up with fury and i cry, wouldve used holy smoke but the trooper that had a maxed holy smoke dumped me...

DruellaDVil-1997
08-28-2016, 03:12 PM
Umm everyone has 20k HP and above.

Ok with 3* I assume all (most) talisman are 5* green.

Kaijester
08-28-2016, 04:05 PM
Sorry, I meant they were obtained as 3stars character, leveled to 4 and 5 stars. Spirit Sun Spirit started from 1 star and is now 5 stars.

Beeboo
08-28-2016, 05:23 PM
I Autofarm stage 7. 3-star evo drops, rare, but they do drop.

NyBSfP
08-28-2016, 07:19 PM
I can't get around the VIII boss healing, quick fury and invincible buffs...sounds like it's even worse on IX and X. I'm not getting killed so much as getting a draw and having to quit. I'm using Soldier for Fury/Power and Heal ability, Carriage to extend buffs or remove buffs from boss and bring Pharoah just in case. Also have Allied Soldier, General and Nomad. Really a bit too tough this time...

URock
08-28-2016, 08:06 PM
The problem is the low drop rate of the yellow 3* evo shards. I got 100 x 2 * and 6 x 3* last weekend and today. 3 days farming the same dungeon is absolutely boring...

A secret level dropped 3 x 3* today...

Vaseodin
08-29-2016, 04:13 AM
Check the forum thread about strategies to beat the dungeons. Many have beat stage 10 with many different teams, myself included. I beat it every time I play it. It was challenging, yes, but I don't think it needs to be nerfed. If you are trying the same team/strategy every time and still can't win, maybe it's time to switch things up. No point in attempting the same thing over and over if it's not working.

NyBSfP
08-30-2016, 03:05 AM
Love my Pharoah now...might be a little slow but as soon as you get his Fury off you are set. Took me a while to realize I needed to stack HP rather than attack. Really just need to beat first stage and second and third the whole team should be invincible. Goes great with a leveled up Sun Spirit for support

Ddrak
09-11-2016, 09:06 AM
I farm in auto lvl 7, I can do lvl 8-10 but it takes a lot more time.
Soldier Eddie + Eddie for the heal block,
Magus allied soldier, Pharaoh Dog King, Gunner Voidling (to take away power, too many gunners on the other side to block the fury generation,).
Only soldier Eddie has all talisman maxed.

Ddrak
09-11-2016, 09:12 AM
One trick: the boss heals himself, with his power, move IF (only if) steals your buffs, don't buff yourself or steal power from him to.
This is one of the places where the Fury move of Soldier Eddie (damage+buff every stat) is to be avoided.

Fudjo
09-12-2016, 09:28 AM
I had a lot of luck using the Alliance General for the Fury stealing power. Gotta make sure to use it every round of every battle. I also agree with the advice of not using Soldier Eddie's Fury ability.

aur0ra85
09-12-2016, 02:44 PM
I find you gotta have a character that either Steals power and or fury or you're gonna be waiting a long time until you get a window where you can take him down in one round.

Nicko
09-12-2016, 02:45 PM
Ive found using my Troopers Cyborg Eddies very helpful in viii-x. His Scan very often steals the bosses beneficial effects and allows me to then continue pounding him with the heavy hitters. Without a way to debuff the boss these levels get maddening...

BillLion
09-12-2016, 03:01 PM
Ive found using my Troopers Cyborg Eddies very helpful in viii-x. His Scan very often steals the bosses beneficial effects and allows me to then continue pounding him with the heavy hitters. Without a way to debuff the boss these levels get maddening...

Another reason Cyborg Eddie is #1 on my wishlist! ;)

Kaijester
09-12-2016, 03:50 PM
I find the Wicker Dog King as a better choice to remove enemy beneficial effects.

Frost
09-12-2016, 04:50 PM
Extremely risky but you can use Speed of Light Eddie to block beneficial effects on boss and steal power, so when he uses fury he don't go godmode and he'll never have power to steal buffs and heal. He's very squishy so a Sentinel with high HP and Shield to absorb the damage is recomended.

Olevipoeg
09-12-2016, 05:20 PM
Extremely risky but you can use Speed of Light Eddie to block beneficial effects on boss and steal power, so when he uses fury he don't go godmode and he'll never have power to steal buffs and heal. He's very squishy so a Sentinel with high HP and Shield to absorb the damage is recomended.
Assassin Golden Son Immortality takes risks away.

Nekroliun
09-12-2016, 06:00 PM
The boss was a pain to beat, when i tried it on release i didnt even get past the first round...

This week i used my nomad, a 3* really REALLY weak magus soldier and an alliance general to steal fury (REALLY helpful), and a maxed out offensive soldier eddie, the bad thinng is that alliance general is so rng based he spmetimes doesnt stea fury ever and sometimes does it every turn... Nomad for his amazing vanish, and poop soldier for reflect ofc.

Even with a bunch of op chars i needed 4 revives... It was an infinite loop of him healing to full with his op max healing, i would say holy smoke would be amazing for this guy, since his fury reduces healing and he stuns and gets turn. I only won when he didnt heal for 2 turns...

TStrawClown
09-25-2016, 09:06 AM
I have no trouble beetin lvl X with soldier eddie, wickerdog king, assassin golden son and rocket dog (any dps trooper would do just fine). All 4*. I use as many dot talismans as i can. Stay alive untill boss drains power to 0. Then it's like a walk in the park

Aristo4
09-25-2016, 11:11 AM
Who is auto'ing level 10 and how do you do it? Got no probs myself when driving, but auto NO WAY :cool:

slauki
09-25-2016, 11:24 AM
Who is auto'ing level 10 and how do you do it? Got no probs myself when driving, but auto NO WAY :cool:

i doubt that auto level 10 is even possible in the gunnder dungeon, because the AI is pretty dumb. I would be very impressed, if someone could do this....

MetalWarrior
09-25-2016, 11:37 AM

Are you referring to driving a motor vehicle on the road or that's another game! :rolleyes:

Aristo4
09-25-2016, 11:45 AM
i doubt that auto level 10 is even possible in the gunnder dungeon, because the AI is pretty dumb. I would be very impressed, if someone could do this....

Are you referring to driving a motor vehicle on the road or that's another game! :rolleyes:

1)Just wondering, no idea. Super impressive if someone can pull this off

2)Yeah, I'm farming while on the road, but on level 10 I almost crashed last night

MetalWarrior
09-25-2016, 12:02 PM
2)Yeah, I'm farming while on the road, but on level 10 I almost crashed last night

could anyone do all of us a favor and take his phone away !
soon there will be new law in your city, "No d̶r̶i̶n̶k̶ LOTB and drive "

Hypnos
09-25-2016, 12:02 PM
1)Just wondering, no idea. Super impressive if someone can pull this off

christ man, put down the phone whilst driving.

Olevipoeg
09-25-2016, 12:55 PM
This is an understatement. I think AI is actively doing everything it can to lose the battle.

MetalWarrior
09-25-2016, 01:25 PM
maybe we can hire the AI of those bots posting spam in this forum :p

satani
09-25-2016, 02:01 PM
this time i beat the lv10 gunner dungeon. For me it really seems the hardest besides the sentinel dungeon.
My team was: My Soldier Eddie (swirched to pharaoh eddie in boss), Allied general, mage golden son and my axis bomber boy. (besides the general all 5* 100.)

Nekroliun
09-25-2016, 02:16 PM
maybe we can hire the AI of those bots posting spam in this forum :p

I think you should be hired by the devs as an advisor for your amazing ideas

aur0ra85
09-25-2016, 02:23 PM
I can only auto farm level 7, I find samurai is my best Eddie for it as he doesn't buff anything lol. I'm not sure which direction to go with the character builds, but I feel like PSS would be solid here for auto farming. Is it possible to taunt a boss by chance?

Nekroliun
09-25-2016, 02:26 PM
I think bosses are immune to taunt, silence, seal, freeze and stun...

Aristo4
09-25-2016, 03:21 PM
christ man, put down the phone whilst driving.

Obviously mocking metalwarrior, relax :cool:

The Educated fool
09-25-2016, 03:49 PM
No point in attempting the same thing over and over if it's not working.

The very definition of insanity, innit? :cool:

Vaseodin
09-25-2016, 06:02 PM
Yeah, I'm curious if anyone can auto play level X. This one is pretty difficult, especially with the AI being so horrible.

Qed
09-26-2016, 12:38 AM
It is the only rift i cannot aoutofarm at level X.

aur0ra85
09-26-2016, 01:33 AM
For whatever reason, I don't seem to be farming the purple rift level 10. Maybe I need a green talisman on soldier Eddie? Or maybe I should leave him at home. Can't remember.

Edit: nvm. It's samurai as my lead tonight for level 10 auto. ;)
I need to start writing this stuff down lol.

PsychoEddie
09-26-2016, 04:34 AM
This is an understatement. I think AI is actively doing everything it can to lose the battle.

AI doesn't work out well when there are multiple random chances happening that change the situation significantly.

Humans can beat AI easily when there's lots of coin-flipping going on.

This is VERY different than chess, where a computer can think many moves ahead.....it's more like a situation where a computer is thinking about and acting on moves ahead but then the Queen is suddenly frozen for 2 turns and all future simulations were taking the Queen being active were in account.

AI is fantastic when the future rules can all be accurately predicted, it sucks when there are talismans that can do something 33% of the time that will give an opponent a significant advantage for the next X number of turns in some particular way.

Olevipoeg
09-26-2016, 10:15 AM
It is the only rift i cannot aoutofarm at level X.
If it is not a secret, can you share what team(s) are you using for autofarm?

Qed
09-26-2016, 03:59 PM
If it is not a secret, can you share what team(s) are you using for autofarm?

Assassin: Pharaoh, Blue allied soldier, Red troll, Red PSS
Magus: Pharaoh, Green soulless demon, Allied general, Green pyro soldier
War: Carriage, Blue allied soldier, Red troll, Whickerdog queen
Sentinel: Basic Eddie, Allied general, Red troll, Red PSS

War, Magus and Sentinel can be farmed also with 3 guys, that means you can add a trooper as fourth, even if he dies on the first wave you will clean the stage.

Baba-8301
09-26-2016, 05:37 PM
Thanks Qed. Similar to the teams I'm using for Assassin (Pharaoh, blue allied soldier, red troll, red possessed rockets) and Warrior (Carriage, blue allied soldier, red troll, red CotD), I haven't taken the training wheels off for Magus and Sentinel yet though. Which ones do you drop to run allies through? The last ones on each list?

Qed
09-26-2016, 05:46 PM
Sentinel whoever you want, Magus Pyro soldier, War Red troll.