PDA

View Full Version : Character Fragment Event, featuring the DEBUT Magus Convict

Leviathan
01-15-2019, 12:01 AM
Crush the Lord of Light for Soul Fragments to earn a guaranteed 4★ character!

From now until January 17th, 4 PM PT, each battle in the Lord of Light dungeons has a chance of dropping Convict Soul Fragments. Collect 200 and you can redeem them in the Book of Souls’ Fragments screen for your very own 4★ Magus Convict!

The Magus Convict joins the cast as a new 4★ Magus in Legacy of the Beast. Using the jagged end of a broken bottle and various contraband as her weapon, the Magus convict is a single-target magic damage dealer that grants immunity to Silence and Crave effects for her team with her passive while inflicting Fear on her basic attack. Her power skill can remove Revenge and Counterstrike effects from all enemies with a chance to gain those effects for herself and grant Regen to all her allies.

Normally, when the fragments drop, you’ll earn 5 or 10 fragments, but if you’re lucky, you could earn 50 fragments from one battle, so don’t be afraid of that 200 requirement! Additionally, you can earn as many Convict Souls as you can collect the fragments for, so feel free to grab some extras for your next big Sacrifice!

SPECIAL EVENT ADDITIONS:
Trade extra Convict Fragments for new Tower Talismans! Tower Talismans are exclusively available in the Specials Store in exchange for Convict Fragments.

500 Convict Soul Fragments will get you 1 Tower Talisman!

Tower Talismans are green talismans with a 3 set effect that is not available anywhere else!. Equip them to gain a random Golden Defensive Effect every turn for 1 turn.

In addition to this, for the duration of this event, the Lord of Light dungeons also have the following changes:

Lilith Soul Fragments are available from all floors of the Lord of Light dungeons! Lilith Soul Fragments are a recurring fragment that is periodically featured in events, and may require you to collect them from multiple events in order to have enough to redeem a soul. Collect 500 for a guaranteed 5★ Lilith!
All Lord of Light dungeons will also have a 3x chance of dropping Rare Souls! Don’t miss out on this opportunity to get more Rare Souls while getting your guaranteed 4★ character!

Finally, we have a few deals available in the store to help with getting and gearing up a Magus Convict:

Get a FREE 10 Convict Soul Fragments to start you off!
Grab the “Magus Experience Pack”! This provides Ironite to help farm more fragments, a bit of gold, 5★ XP Shards, and Skill Shards to power up a new Magus Convict!
Various talisman packs are also available that work well with a Magus Convict, including Power Talismans and the debut Fortune Talismans!

Fortune Talismans are blue talismans with a 4 set effect that is not available anywhere else!. Equip them to reduce all damage taken by 40%. These talismans also heal all allies for 5% of your Max HP with a 35% chance to cleanse self when you take damage.

Power Talismans are green talismans with a 3 set effect. Equip a full set to gain a Power Shield for 2 turns at the start of battle. Power Shield reduces 25% of damage and generates Power when hit.

Please note that after the conclusion of this event, collecting more Convict Soul Fragments will not be possible, but any extras you have can be converted to Precious Soul Fragments. Additionally, this character is not available in any other souls, so if you miss your chance to recruit her, it may be a very long time until you get another chance!

Rain88
01-15-2019, 01:05 AM
Nice change with the addition of the conversion of fragments into talisman.

Waffen
01-15-2019, 01:33 AM
1 mega refil and haven’t gotten a single rare soul. Is it just me being unlucky or Is it a glitch?

Did anyone get a rare soul from LOL so far?

I did get about 100 Lilith fragments so no complaints there.

Highace
01-15-2019, 02:37 AM
1 mega refil and haven’t gotten a single rare soul. Is it just me being unlucky or Is it a glitch?

You're not the only one. 2 mega refills and only got 3 rare souls. The droprates for those are extremely low and the 3X chance doesn't seem to help at all.

Alvorada
01-15-2019, 02:56 AM

I get one rare soul, but only 40 lilith frags.

Natasmai
01-15-2019, 03:00 AM
Before today, LoL was not dropping rare souls at all. I had about 200 saved from farming LoL before the legendary event started, after it started I dropped 0 in A LOT of level X clears. Today I have picked up 7 so far out of my 50 trooper farm runs, so I say you just have bad luck. But rare drops were definitely completely turned off for the last week or so.

Natasmai
01-15-2019, 03:04 AM
On a side note, we really need a conversion for regular souls into rare souls. I have well over 2000 regular souls waiting for the sac event, but I'd sure rather trade them at maybe 20:1 for a rare soul.

Amarthir
01-15-2019, 03:43 AM
I've gotten 8 rare souls across around 1200 SoT. Rng gonna rng

rags-6094
01-15-2019, 03:47 AM
I've gotten 8 rare souls across around 1200 SoT. Rng gonna rng

Hi Amarthir are you farming level 10?
I have used about 600 sot so far and not 1 rare soul... heaps of Lillith frags but the convict frags seem a bit slow to drop...

Muzzleloader
01-15-2019, 03:59 AM
I ran 60 level 10 battles, pulled 130 lilith frags, 235 convict frags and several rare souls. I must have pulled a 50 lilith frag drop, otherwise about normal drop rates.

I guess we will have complaints about needing 1500 hundred convict frags for a set of talis. Its another way to make you buy ironite.

rags-6094
01-15-2019, 04:06 AM
So what your saying is we can use spare frags for purchasing limited time talisman and items?
I have my convict now, she has some good qualitys I must admit, she only needs 4 skill shards, I have put her in My Lol warrior team for shits and giggles...
I only have one skill shard in her so far and already she has some punch... I watched a Lillith frag drop of 50 come in so they are dropping...

Muzzleloader
01-15-2019, 04:13 AM
Tower talisman, a 3 set of greens.

Yup
01-15-2019, 04:14 AM
hmm.. gold defensive effect.... Shroud, Perfect Immunity, Perfect Health..... are there more? I'd assume things like Ascension are not "defensive".

Cefiar
01-15-2019, 04:30 AM
Haven't played with the talismans yet.

Do the golden Magic/Physical/True shields count as defensive (ie: what the Primordials give out to characters on your team)?

rags-6094
01-15-2019, 04:30 AM
That'd be my guess too Yup, but when was the last time you saw shroud linked to anything besides primordials when it was nerfed? Now just the one talisman 6 set for shroud...

rags-6094
01-15-2019, 04:39 AM
Haven't played with the talismans yet.

Do the golden Magic/Physical/True shields count as defensive (ie: what the Primordials give out to characters on your team)?

Not primordials Cef, their eternals...
And yes she seems to get 1 every turn for the duration of battle.

Muzzleloader
01-15-2019, 04:49 AM
The blue fortune talisman look interesting. Reduce damage taken, heal allies and a chance to Cleanse self upon damage taken. I dont know how new players can choose what talisman to evolve. I can barely keep up with new talisman, let alone all the old ones. How do the newer players find time to farm evo resources, earn the needed gold and play all the events.

rags-6094
01-15-2019, 04:59 AM
Simple answer, if you are serious, you can spend all day doing virtually nothing else in life except on LOTB - farm and spend farm and spend, sad life... but I lived there for a little while a few months back...
Christmas has been a really good break from being slammed with event after event after event after event after event after event after... ohhh felt like Yup there for a little while... you get the idea...

hold
01-15-2019, 05:56 AM
I'll get the 200 for 1 magus convict and be done with it. Not grinding 1500 frags for a set of talismans nor will I buy new talismans. I lost the plot quite a while ago what does what because it all has become really is so bloody confusing - the bugs certainly don't help as you never know what is intended and what is a snafu.

vpachev
01-15-2019, 07:41 AM
I got 280 convict fragments with 80 SOT + Mega refill. If this is the drop rate one will be needing about 5 more refills to get 1 set of tower talismans or 750 ironite. Not really sure if it is worth it.

dragonmat89
01-15-2019, 09:01 AM
Got 235 Convict frags, about 100 Lilith frags and 0 Rare souls from around 65 runs on Level X. Not going to grind for the talismans but will use any spare SoT after my normal Powerslave Trooper grind for the next few days to see if I can get any more frags.

Yup
01-15-2019, 09:07 AM
Well I did 2 mega refills and ran LOL X exclusively... a little over 400 convict frags.. roughly 200 Lilith frags ... and 2 Rare souls. Drop rates seem to be pretty low.

(I don't pay attention to Lilith frags really. I have them all so I'm not waiting for any of them.... but I got enough for a Lilith soul, had roughly 350 frags before the event, the soul gave me yet ANOTHER Gunner Lilith.. same as always -- that's like 10 Gunner, 2 Assassin, and 1 over the other three ---- yeah.. someone tell me my account isn't marked to get Gunner Liliths... I'll sell you a bridge in Arizona. No RNG can be THAT bad.).

GotN
01-15-2019, 09:17 AM
Convict does MAG damage scaling on ATK? Is this correct? Otherwise description is wrong. Don’t have her yet. What are her talisman slots?

Banished
01-15-2019, 10:53 AM
Again, some talis are only available if you pay. Which is annoying. They said they won't be available anywhere else but if I'm not mistaken it was the same for the Venom talis and you can purchase them with FC.

Update: I did one mega refill as I wanted to collect Lilitth frags. Doing LoL X, I received:
- 275 char frags
- 3 rare souls
- 195 lilith frags.

I cannot say the drop rate is fantastic especially for the new character. I will continue tomorrow to get blue frags as I think maybe this character will help with Gauntlet.

HuckFinn150
01-15-2019, 11:26 AM
She has one blue and 2 green, with 3 open.

URock
01-15-2019, 11:41 AM
Convict does MAG damage scaling on ATK? Is this correct? Otherwise description is wrong. Don’t have her yet. What are her talisman slots?

The german translation says: Scaling on Attack+Special ???

Esquatcho
01-15-2019, 11:52 AM
The german translation says: Scaling on Attack+Special ???

Damage dealt is based on the opponents attack and special skills, but its magic damage. So maybe good against the likes of hallowed eddies, navigator etc.

Esquatcho
01-15-2019, 12:10 PM
So far, I've done 2 mega refills (got a lot of 4* reds that need updating!).
580 convict frags
395 lillith frags (I think I might have had maybe 5 or 10 though to start)
4 rare souls... 1st refill Im pretty sure I got nothing. 2nd refill 4.

If you work it out as 450 ironite per lillith, thats not too bad, as long as you are like me and dont have them all yet #hopeitsnotgunner

But all up, if youve got a need to do some upgrading, then for 750 ironite you get 2 lilliths & 1 set of tower talismans, it doesnt seem too bad.

Also, whether its worth getting talismans, or just get a 4* sac fodder after the 1st convict would be the question. IInstead of 1 set of tower talismans, you get 7.5 4* sacrificials. Probably worth going the sac approach? Most of the way to a level VI sac?

Natasmai
01-15-2019, 12:44 PM
Not primordials Cef, their eternals...
And yes she seems to get 1 every turn for the duration of battle.

6 set purple Eclipse gives shroud, doesnt it?

Simple answer, if you are serious, you can spend all day doing virtually nothing else in life except on LOTB - farm and spend farm and spend, sad life... but I lived there for a little while a few months back...
Christmas has been a really good break from being slammed with event after event after event after event after event after event after... ohhh felt like Yup there for a little while... you get the idea...

Those that have, get, it seems. I remember a few months ago when i started playing thats how it was for me. I couldnt farm the good levels, couldnt ever farm enough materials and gold for everything i wanted to do, plus before leveling yourself up, you are limited to how much SoT you can even store up while logged off. Plus any farming I did do had to be played by hand or at least babysat, no auto-farming.

Now that I am able to farm any LOL X, any BNW X, NotB madness, etc... I have plenty of materials and gold (until the sac events roll in) and while the game is playing most of the day, it is all on auto-farm so I dont actually need to attend to it.

Bottom line, IMO, they developers are idiots for making the start of the game such a massive uphill battle. I guarantee there are tons of people out there who installed the game, played it a few days and said fuck this it is too hard and time consuming, and they quit. I know, because Ive talked with quite a few of them. A good developer would set the game up so it is super easy and inviting, free stuff everywhere, maybe a level that rewards massive amounts of much needed materials but can only be run up to level 10, something to trick people into sticking with the game. Then as they progress it can get hard, but the player has already invested so much time... might as well stick with it. Missing a lot of growth potential here.

R1ck
01-15-2019, 12:53 PM
Around 400 ironite spent for 460 character fragments and 185 Lilith fragments, so for me drop rate is too low. Hope it gets better, anyways will continue farming for XP shards as almost have none at start of the event.

GotN
01-15-2019, 01:02 PM
Damage dealt is based on the opponents attack and special skills, but its magic damage. So maybe good against the likes of hallowed eddies, navigator etc.

As URock already said, no word in german translation about „targets ATK and SPECIAL“. Only „deals on ...“. So again a wrong translation. There are so many, e.g. they translated flame and flare on the last event into the same word, what made both achievements sound the same. I constantly have to switch to English (can’t play with it all the time, cause my English isn’t that perfect). Really NF, get this guy fired, who does the translations!

URock
01-15-2019, 01:05 PM

German translation says: "Zugefügter Schaden steigt basierend auf den Werten für ANG und SPEZIAL".

"On target" is missing. Such wrong translations are confusing...

kgk56
01-15-2019, 03:08 PM
Really a poor droprate : grinding since the morning and only 340 frags of Magus Convict, 100 Lilith & 4 rare souls

Muzzleloader
01-15-2019, 03:16 PM
GotN, if there is a problem with the translation you may want to post a correct translation so others may benefit. Please make NF aware of the mistake and hopefully they wont repeat the error in future posts.

I do not understand german, what is the difference between flame and flare in Geman.. If someone is using a translator program could it be mistaken for the same meaning ?

In American English a flashlight is the same as a torch in other English meanings. If this was translated by a program it could have different meanings to the English readers around the world.

There are misinterpretations of the English phrases or exact meaning of the mechanics of the game. Some of these misinterpretations are mistaken for bugs until it is clarified by someone.

Ip4
01-15-2019, 03:39 PM
anyone sharded Convict?Is her magic deal good damage?

Muzzleloader
01-15-2019, 03:45 PM
At 4* level 60 fully sharded destiny (arcane) she is doing about 5 K damage. The golden shield is nice, but haven't needed it in warrior LoL battles.

Amarthir
01-15-2019, 04:37 PM
Hi Amarthir are you farming level 10?
I have used about 600 sot so far and not 1 rare soul... heaps of Lillith frags but the convict frags seem a bit slow to drop...

Yeah I always farm level 10.

GotN
01-15-2019, 05:20 PM
Farming LoL X is not very efficient imo. I always do LoL VII cause of the SOT costs. Did 50 runs so far for 145 fragments and 1 rare soul. This confirmed the general average of fragment drop in such events, what is always 3+- per run.

Blade
01-15-2019, 05:28 PM
As URock already said, no word in german translation about „targets ATK and SPECIAL“. Only „deals on ...“. So again a wrong translation. There are so many, e.g. they translated flame and flare on the last event into the same word, what made both achievements sound the same. I constantly have to switch to English (can’t play with it all the time, cause my English isn’t that perfect). Really NF, get this guy fired, who does the translations!

So to me it seems like this time they just forgot the "on the target", but translating flare and flame with the same word is really ridiculous, even though the meaning of both words is kind of close to each other. I really recommend to set the game to the original language! Then these problems based on wrong translation should be gone. Apart from the wrong in-game language in the news feed that are full of errors and misleading wording. Your english is not that bad GotN/URock and in fact the game can help to improve your english if you want! I don't know if they have an employee for the translation, probably they use google translate... if that is the case: Please, NF, at least switch to deepl, they do a better job. And again: Please fix the bug that the ingame news-feed is not in the same language as the game! Thanks!

About the drop rate:
From my personal records the drops have been decreasing for a while now. I have the fragments left from the last LoL events and I usually use the same amount of mega refills (plus maybe 1 additional normal refill in the end if I am close to another char):
2480 desert sniper
2040 green troll
1865 blue soulless demon
1755 red derby demon

To me the case is clear: 1) more money is needed for the new company structures and 2) several players show the will to spend huge amounts of ironite - so why not adapting the drop rate so that it is again in the frame of the "original" plan so that a player with a "normal" usage of ironite finishes these events with ~10 event characters let's say?
I think it is getting more complicated to satisfy all players, from the buyers that grind 24h a day to the normal daily player to the casual player that plays a bit every once in a while. Of course these different types of players should also have different expectations about rewards but even within the hard to hardcore fraction I see the problem becoming notable. I mean the drop rate for rewards is not a natural thing, somebody or some algorithm decides based on something like #of runs or amount of ironite spent in relation to the average (simplified) what the drop percentage should be in the end to fullfill a certain goal in the function behind. And of course this function can be changed easily! We just saw this during the heroic event where almost zero rare souls dropped anywhere and the pulls from the souls were below average. Grinding 24h leads to an inflation of fragments and this might be compensated by reducing the drop rates. Plus adding another option to spend these fragments is a clever idea to even enhance these effects.

The new option to get Talismans from the event character fragments is interesting, but with setting the costs so high this is not really an option for many players I guess... especially considering the low drop rates of fragments. I mean if you take a look at my last results, only 1 red derby demon would be left over after buying 1 set of the new Talis and hence the participation in the next sac event is reduced and you will miss out on some important things there. 1500 for a set is by far too much in my opinion. Half of it would be more reasonable, as it might make the players think about grinding "a bit" more and therefore spend "some" more ironite. With the costs as they are now I assume that 95% of the players think "are you kidding me??" Luckily the number of Talismans you can buy is limited to 3 of each subtype, otherwise I would be in danger to spend more than the 4500 (!!!) frags - lol

Anyway good luck everybody to meet your personal goals in the event!

Ip4
01-15-2019, 05:46 PM
worst thing in this event is convert 1500 fragments for boring talismans,better save for sacrefice event...

rags-6094
01-15-2019, 06:30 PM
When this style of event began we were after Lillith from memory, then Lillith featured as a side kick to every frag event from then on, I remember not having to spend much money to bulk up my ironite in order to buy more sot, which did not have a mega refill then either, Say for example lunch time at work I'd buy roughly 400 sot, set the game to 3X auto throw it back in my bag and go back to work, by home time the sot was spent and at least 1 x Lillith soul had been earnt, I could easily earn 2 -3 Liliths in an event.
Anyone who cannot recognise how infrequently Event soul fragments drop is either not too familiar with the game or is kidding themselves, every event it gets worse, the drop rate is so low now on event souls I have spent more than twice what I normally would in sot for almost half the result.
As for the talisman, they're just not good enough to continue farming burning up my money for.

Magis Shinobi I earnt 3 x, Derby Demon I earnt 3 x too, I have earnt a spare convict for the sac event, I will do my troopers in LOL today, once their gone that's it for me, it's all getting to much of a money grab now, even the worthwhile deals on ironite and event related packs are getting more tight fisted, I love this game but I may get pushed out if some sanity does not return to the management of the game...

Muzzleloader
01-15-2019, 06:45 PM
I need to complete some runs to replenish my evo shards. I haven't recovered from the pumkin sacathon. Then I used a bunch of blue shards on the snowman event. I tracked my results from the frag events and percentage earned per run has varied, but hasn't varied that much. On events that the character frags dropped less, then I recieved more lilith frags. The same for colored 3* evo shards versus colorless. I have recieved a fair amount of rare souls, but haven't kept count.

I wouldnt have played this event except to replenish shards, I dont need the sac fodder or lilith frags. The lilith frags aren't as important for the FC since we can earn FC in other events.

Waffen
01-15-2019, 06:47 PM
7 mega refills (1050 ironite) and this is what I have gotten:

10 rare souls
450-500 Lilith fragments (don’t remember exactly how many I had before I started farming)
1130 event fragments

I have only been playing this game for about 3-4 months now. But by far this is the worst drop rate I have experienced.
I am after rare souls as I am still chasing for count, but I don’t think I will continue farming. It’s not worth it.

Also 1500 event fragments for 1 talisman set is rediculous. Especially, considering the drop rates.

HuckFinn150
01-15-2019, 07:26 PM
I played my troopers on lol x last night and got 3 rare souls and 60 Lilith fragments and enough for the convict. I'm not chasing the talismans, as they will be in gauntlet or skull quests soon enough. They cost too much at the moment. I'm going to farm the sentinel lol next to finish leveling 2 toons (I need 12 3* runes). That's the only reason I'll continue this event

hold
01-15-2019, 08:03 PM
I played my troopers on lol x last night and got 3 rare souls and 60 Lilith fragments and enough for the convict. I'm not chasing the talismans, as they will be in gauntlet or skull quests soon enough. They cost too much at the moment. I'm going to farm the sentinel lol next to finish leveling 2 toons (I need 12 3* runes). That's the only reason I'll continue this event

If I could I would send you some ... got 201 of them ...

Natasmai
01-15-2019, 09:48 PM
When the sac event starts, will there be a benefit to holding on to souls? Or can I safely use some of my souls now and save whatever characters I dont need for the sac later? I can't remember for sure how it works. Like will I get extra frags when I use a soul (like right now with the legendary frags)

Muzzleloader
01-15-2019, 09:58 PM
You never know what they will do. Sometimes they give extra frags sometimes they dont. It is always a gamble sac now for the sure benefit or wait and see. Do you chose door #1 or door #2? If you want a better shot at a special heroic toons sac now, or gamble on the slot machine later.

2 sac events ago they were giving heroic frags, I earned a bunch then, the gamble paid and I did not need to do the special event currently going on now.

There is no clearly correct answer.

Ip4
01-15-2019, 11:15 PM
how many characters everyone saving for sacrefice event?i have from 2 or maybe 3 full vortexs but that is nothing...this game going in mission impossible...

Esquatcho
01-15-2019, 11:20 PM
how many characters everyone saving for sacrefice event?i have from 2 or maybe 3 full vortexs but that is nothing...this game going in mission impossible...

I dont have much at all! Maybe just 2 vortexes worth. But on the plus side, this is likely the case simply because I've been pulling a heap of new chars lately!

I do have a feeling to 'complete' the sac event I may have to grind dump a shed-load of 1* souls, and slowy getting 15 shards at a time!

Muzzleloader
01-15-2019, 11:20 PM
The question is will it be the same as last event and give blood frags. I hope so, I would like to earn KP and even banshee, warlord talis would be n8ce.

Saigrim
01-15-2019, 11:21 PM
When this style of event began we were after Lillith from memory, then Lillith featured as a side kick to every frag event from then on, I remember not having to spend much money to bulk up my ironite in order to buy more sot, which did not have a mega refill then either, Say for example lunch time at work I'd buy roughly 400 sot, set the game to 3X auto throw it back in my bag and go back to work, by home time the sot was spent and at least 1 x Lillith soul had been earnt, I could easily earn 2 -3 Liliths in an event.
Anyone who cannot recognise how infrequently Event soul fragments drop is either not too familiar with the game or is kidding themselves, every event it gets worse, the drop rate is so low now on event souls I have spent more than twice what I normally would in sot for almost half the result.
As for the talisman, they're just not good enough to continue farming burning up my money for.

Magis Shinobi I earnt 3 x, Derby Demon I earnt 3 x too, I have earnt a spare convict for the sac event, I will do my troopers in LOL today, once their gone that's it for me, it's all getting to much of a money grab now, even the worthwhile deals on ironite and event related packs are getting more tight fisted, I love this game but I may get pushed out if some sanity does not return to the management of the game...

You’re dead on Rags! I’ve noticed all this stuff for quite some time. Half of the only reason I ever check this forum is to make sure I’m not imagining things. In November and December I actually dropped a fair amount of cash on this game, then it dawned on me that I haven’t received a new toon from a soul that wasn’t guaranteed by spending large amounts of cash and resources. Can’t remember the last time an event toon just dropped out of soul in the regular run of things. That coupled with the fact their packages are offering less and less for more and more and now I’ve missed out on enough event toons it’s having that reverse effect of making me not care whether or not I get the next one. I know I closed my wallet the first of the year, and they can forget about me reopening it until I start getting some goddamn drops.

I’ve said it several times and I’ll say it again. A happy customer is a spending customer.

Esquatcho
01-15-2019, 11:21 PM
The question is will it be the same as last event and give blood frags. I hope so, I would like to earn KP and even banshee, warlord talis would be n8ce.

Ooh yes! We need more blood frags!!!

Fudjo
01-15-2019, 11:25 PM

140 4-star toons
40 5-star toons

How much I sacrifice depends on what the rewards are, but I'll initially unload one Ultimate Sacrifice's worth and enough 4-stars to reach 150,000 essence total 'cause those are typical challenge goals for Sacrifice events.

Natasmai
01-15-2019, 11:40 PM

Whole heartedly agree. I never got any of the blood frag characters or rewards at all. I'd love to get some more as they promised. Also need some warlord talismans.

Fudjo
01-16-2019, 05:33 AM
Soooo...suppose you had the 1500 fragments to get a set of Tower talismans. Which set would you get? Mystical, Overwhelming, or Ward? Asking for a friend.

Amarthir
01-16-2019, 07:14 AM
So far I have about a thousand fragments so tomorrow I may as well have enough for a set.

Soooo...suppose you had the 1500 fragments to get a set of Tower talismans. Which set would you get? Mystical, Overwhelming, or Ward? Asking for a friend.

I think mythical is the best option, but that's just my opinion ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kgk56
01-16-2019, 11:51 AM

I took Mystical but didn't used already

Waffen
01-16-2019, 02:02 PM
Did anyone try out the new tower talisman set? I have enough to buy them but not sure if I want to waste all the fragments on mediocre talisman when I can be using them for upcoming sac event.

Especially, since I am sure that the talisman will pop up again in one of the events in couple month.

kgk56
01-16-2019, 03:02 PM
Did anyone try out the new tower talisman set? I have enough to buy them but not sure if I want to waste all the fragments on mediocre talisman when I can be using them for upcoming sac event.

Especially, since I am sure that the talisman will pop up again in one of the events in couple month.

They will pop up again for sure. Actually I use the mystical on the Convict : pretty fun; as said you have a random defensive golden buff each turn. Worth the purchase for me.

WickermanBR
01-16-2019, 03:07 PM
Really, 1500frags for a set of talismans is a real way to make ironite toasting ... I'm still on the 500's frags and I think I'll end up waiting for them to come back ... But if I were to get it now, I'd go from Overwhelming.
I have the impression that they will work well with the talismans of domination that increase the attack, and with let the game warriors a little tougher.

4V1ct0ry
01-16-2019, 04:30 PM
The part I don't get here is why a LoL event starts in the middle of the week. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in my memory they always started on a Sunday and most of the time even with two additional days so the chance to reach the goal is higher.
And now we get only 3 days to collect 1700 frags?!

If the drop rate would be higher... okay....but so far I only managed to get 645 frags in two days.
That's gonna be 2 for the sac event then since there's no chance to get the talismans with just enough ironite left for 2 refills.

Muzzleloader
01-16-2019, 05:06 PM
They rarely run the LoL event with the gunner or assassin worlds. Sometimes they extend the event after the sentinal world is complete. They run red/blue/green for an extra 8 or 16 hours to run until the next weekly reset.

Fudjo
01-16-2019, 05:06 PM
The part I don't get here is why a LoL event starts in the middle of the week. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in my memory they always started on a Sunday and most of the time even with two additional days so the chance to reach the goal is higher.

Depends on the event. Some have started at 7:00 or 8:00 PM Eastern on Saturday, starting with the Gunner LOL. Some have started at 7:00 or 8:00 PM Eastern on Monday, starting with the Warrior LOL.

R1ck
01-16-2019, 05:11 PM
Around 1500 ironite so far to get 2335 convict frags and 870 Lilith frags.
Definitely every event more ironite is needed to farm.

Mizrael
01-16-2019, 05:35 PM
German translation says: "Zugefügter Schaden steigt basierend auf den Werten für ANG und SPEZIAL".

"On target" is missing. Such wrong translations are confusing...

German is not my mother tongue, but i would even replace “für” with “von”...Werten von Gegners ANG und SPEZIAL?

GotN, if there is a problem with the translation you may want to post a correct translation so others may benefit. Please make NF aware of the mistake and hopefully they wont repeat the error in future posts.

I do not understand german, what is the difference between flame and flare in Geman.. If someone is using a translator program could it be mistaken for the same meaning ?

In American English a flashlight is the same as a torch in other English meanings. If this was translated by a program it could have different meanings to the English readers around the world.

There are misinterpretations of the English phrases or exact meaning of the mechanics of the game. Some of these misinterpretations are mistaken for bugs until it is clarified by someone.

It’s not as much about mistakening an UK Fag for an American Fag....there is a whole part missing. the one which determines if it’s based on YOUR attack or the TARGETS.

Waffen
01-16-2019, 10:23 PM
So who do you think tower talismans are good on? Assuming they are best used on blocker characters who can’t equip eternal talisman, I can only think of the following:

Warrior undead
Sentinel angle

What do you guys think.

Muzzleloader
01-16-2019, 10:36 PM
Yellow pumkin could use them. They dont have to just go on a blocker. You could use them on specialty toons that you use for there power move. You could try and use them on squishy toons.

Are you going to buy the mystical for maximum HP?

Waffen
01-16-2019, 10:57 PM
Are you going to buy the mystical for maximum HP?

Lol I am not sure. The main reason I am trying to figure out toons to use this talisman on is so I can decide whether to get mystical or overwhelming. I think I might go with mystical this time around. Will work on other sets when they show up in future events.

Muzzleloader
01-16-2019, 11:06 PM
Yellow pumkin is a blocker, has 2 green, 1 yellow and 3 open slots.

Yup
01-17-2019, 12:24 AM
Well I've run LOL X exclusively for 2 days.. including 2 mega refills of SOT at the start of the event, then after that natural SOT... Grabbed the character at the first 200 frags.... and now...I'm barely getting close to 1 of the talismans. Getting an additional 1k frag in 1 day is an unrealistic goal for many I think. So again....pay to play....

HuckFinn150
01-17-2019, 01:42 AM
I'm at the same point. I'm not going any further. I'm going to use the extra for the sacrifice and convert the rest. I've reached my goal of leveling my last 2 toons. I'll wait until the talismans drop in gauntlet or something else

Esquatcho
01-17-2019, 01:47 AM
Got my 2nd ever lilith soul. Woot!

Got my 2nd ever gunner lilith :'(((((

Undecided whether I should sac, or whether I should keep for gauntlet. Thoughts anyone?

Yup
01-17-2019, 01:50 AM
I don't keep any duplicates for the gauntlet. Seems like just a waste of resources to power up duplicates.

And seemingly all I get from Lilith soul drops are Gunner Liliths. Like a 10:1 ratio of them.

HuckFinn150
01-17-2019, 01:59 AM
I only got a total of 110 Lilith fragments. I've never had enough luck to get one from fragments in a long time. I've resorted to buying mind each time I get enough frontier coins. Slow, but it worked lol

Yup
01-17-2019, 02:01 AM
Well I did eventually get them all to drop.. but I did buy Warrior Lilith after my 8th or 9th Gunner dropped. And of course, then I had them all and Warrior finally dropped.

MetalKing
01-17-2019, 02:01 AM
I keep a few select duplicates such as lilliths and some of the Eddie's for gauntlet levels that don't say no duplicates. The characters are easily leveled by having them run along with your mains while farming. I would keep at least one of the event characters, but maybe save the rest for sac.

Esquatcho
01-17-2019, 04:49 AM
I keep a few select duplicates such as lilliths and some of the Eddie's for gauntlet levels that don't say no duplicates. The characters are easily leveled by having them run along with your mains while farming. I would keep at least one of the event characters, but maybe save the rest for sac.

Do you ever bother sharding your dupes?

Muzzleloader
01-17-2019, 04:57 AM
I wouldnt shard your dupes. You will soon enough pull good toons that you will want to shard. At a certain level dupes may be useful in gauntlet, but you will gain enough others that they can be sacrificed.

Esquatcho
01-17-2019, 05:02 AM
I wouldnt shard your dupes. You will soon enough pull good toons that you will want to shard. At a certain level dupes may be useful in gauntlet, but you will gain enough others that they can be sacrificed.

I guess, I'll see if I can get away keeping the gunner lilith dupe. She's good for bulk removing effects I guess, even if she doesnt hit the hardest.

Knut-3112
01-17-2019, 07:37 AM
Well I did eventually get them all to drop.. but I did buy Warrior Lilith after my 8th or 9th Gunner dropped. And of course, then I had them all and Warrior finally dropped.

Same here. I had them all except Warrior, had to wait for ages but she finally dropped. Once I got her, the next 2 pulls were... yeah, you guessed it... Warrior.

Olevipoeg
01-17-2019, 08:33 AM
I don't keep any duplicates for the gauntlet. Seems like just a waste of resources to power up duplicates.

And seemingly all I get from Lilith soul drops are Gunner Liliths. Like a 10:1 ratio of them.
My affliction seems to be magus Lilith. Got 8 from souls. I am keeping 4. It makes Magus Gauntlet AAA round much much easier.

URock
01-17-2019, 12:07 PM
I only need the warrior Lilith and guess what I got? Another dupe gunner Lilith...so boring and frustrating. I don't buy one with frontier coins, because I'm on the way to Alexander Eddie. I play more and more less, because of this shit randomness...

Natasmai
01-17-2019, 01:43 PM
gunner is the only lilith I still need... Stop hogging them all for yourselves!!! I have dup Warrior and Assassin... i like that they are heavy hitting all enemies... so worth maybe keeping for some kind of farm team. But Im sure I will just use them for the Ult Sac requirement in the sac event.

Mitch-4441
01-17-2019, 01:48 PM
Is the Magus Convict worth investing in? From what I can tell they seem situational but I haven't tested them out yet since I got her right before I went to bed last night. Thoughts?

Blade
01-17-2019, 05:51 PM
From my personal records the drops have been decreasing for a while now. I have the fragments left from the last LoL events and I usually use the same amount of mega refills (plus maybe 1 additional normal refill in the end if I am close to another char):
2480 desert sniper
2040 green troll
1865 blue soulless demon
1755 red derby demon

1850 convict frags BUT with one mega refill more than usual... Cheeky!

druid138
01-17-2019, 06:36 PM
64 SoT fills (all Floor X):

1,025 Lilith frags
2,190 Convict frags
25 Rare Souls

Muzzleloader
01-17-2019, 06:52 PM
1K net ironite, 1700 convict frags and 750 lilith frags. That's about average, 3+ event frags and 1.5 lilith frags per battle.

Stormseye
01-17-2019, 08:01 PM
I am wondering if anyone else is falling into the same situation as I am lately with the LoL events. I did enough of the event to grab 2 convicts but have since went back to farming Powerslave for my daily troopers. Adding an extra 1 or 2 4* to the sacrifice list is not worth the cost of ironite to keep playing this event for me. The drop rates seem to have declined over the last few months. Since the last sacrifice event I was left with 99ea of Rare and G/A souls. As of today I have the following souls that I have saved from other events.

x2 Legendary Sentinel Souls
x10 Legendary Souls
x11 Rare Magus Souls
x280 Rare Souls
x157 Rare G/A Souls
x16 Rare Warrior Souls
x2 Rare Assassin Souls
x1 Legendary Warrior Soul
x2 Legendary Magus Souls
x1 Legendary Gunner Soul
x1 Legendary Assassin Soul
x3 Rare Gunner Souls
x16 Rare Sentinel Souls
x7 Precious Souls
x1 Convict Souls

I feel that after acquiring 1 event character I have no incentive to continue spending Ironite on LoL events. I know there are many that have almost all the available characters so what is their incentive to continue to do the LoL runs. Is it resources or more sacrifice fodder? The recent addition of a frag purchasable talisman seemed like a good idea the but the cost versus reward is quite skewed. I think 200 frags per talisman would be more in line if they wish to continue this trend for LoL events. My experience was 300 ironite spent only yielded 423 Convict Fragments and around 300 Lillith Fragments. This was in addition to the daily refills of SoT. Spending close to 1500 ironite to get a talisman set that may or may not become available in another event is just not something I want to pursue. I would much rather have the achievement rewards for doing X for X amount of times during the LoL events. That would make me want to continue to spend Ironite in this type of event. Award the talismans on tier or specific achievement rewards instead of a lopsided conversion rate.

Muzzleloader
01-17-2019, 08:20 PM
The real reason that I ran the LoL battles was to increase my shard inventory. The pumkin and snowman sacrifice events severely depleted my shards. I dont need the shards for playable characters but for evolving the sacrifice fodder. I ran out of 1* evo shards during the pumkin event. I an trying to rebuild my inventory for possible future sacrifice events.

The other limiting factor in sacrificing events is gold. It is becoming cost prohibitive for many to participate in the sacrifice events to reach the full potential. It is becoming difficult to farm all the resources and complete the event goals.
Just trying to evolve all the new talisman can be challening. It is becoming more difficult to choose which resource to farm, let alone keep up with all the new toons.

druid138
01-17-2019, 08:33 PM
Stormseye - I generally agree with your assessment. The marginal value of one more 4* for Sacrifice is decreasing over time as my Book of Souls inventory grows. But for me, it's more about Lilith collecting - one of my favorite parts of the game.

Yup
01-17-2019, 08:38 PM
The events are for new players that haven't yet figured out you have to spend $$$ to actually get the worthwhile things...

Events are not really geared towards long term players other than to set limits so far out of reach, whatever the "prize" is it's not too easily acquired. This in turn makes many thing completely out of reach for newer players unless they slap down a couple hundred dollars.

infinite dreamer
01-17-2019, 09:00 PM
I know what you mean Stormseye. I have lots of class specific rare souls, legendary souls and even quite a few of the class mythical souls. When there are events to trade or get rewarded for dropping in rare souls, I wish the class specific ones counted as well. I don't have much of a reason to open the green, blue or red ones. I'm already loaded up to sacrifice a lot of extra characters.

2Fast4Love
01-17-2019, 09:17 PM
4 mega fills plus normal SoT fills from starting event only netted
1300 convict
485 lillith
10 ish rare souls

Anyone have any opinions on the fortune talismans in the store? I have free money on my Google account and was considering buying them.

Tim28213
01-17-2019, 09:24 PM
I did not chase any extra frags beyond the first completed character this event. I played 1 mega refill of each LoL dungeon mostly to get shards to use in the coming sac event. I also like the idea of using extra shards for the talismans, but I looked at the cost of these at the beginning of the event and decided immediately I wasn't going to even try to collect that much in this short time. The perceived value just wasn't there this time.

Symbiote
01-17-2019, 09:27 PM
Everytime they make a "new" way of "achieving" *cough cough* i mean buy things..,
It's overpriced..,

1500 Fragments for 1 complete set.., that's so fucking laughable.., they make this whole game more and more to a complete joke. :D

Yup
01-17-2019, 10:40 PM
Some people were collecting 10-20-30 of the 4 star characters from these types of events. So I see the need for a secondary way to spend the fragments and I think that's good. The problem arises with the fact that they then price these secondary items at the same level as the poor bastard who collect 10-20-30 of the 4 star characters. Unless their data shows that hundreds of users are doing they.. .they are jsut pricing very poorly (as they really always have). But well.. you can always quit playing.

The costs of items are actually inflated due to a select handful of very hardcore players. At least that's my take.

Stormseye
01-17-2019, 10:44 PM
Anyone have any opinions on the fortune talismans in the store? I have free money on my Google account and was considering buying them.

Zantarath has a great write up on these in the Talisman section

https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?11234-Just-Tried-Fortune-Tliman

2Fast4Love
01-17-2019, 10:59 PM
Zantarath has a great write up on these in the Talisman section

https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?11234-Just-Tried-Fortune-Tliman

Thanks for the heads up! Didnt think there would be such an elaborate write up so soon

kgk56
01-18-2019, 03:28 PM
Nice event : 3 Convict + 2 sets of Tower (mystical & overwehlming) + 30+ rare souls