PDA

View Full Version : January 2019 Tuning Discussion - PRELIMINARY

Kaz_LOTB
01-19-2019, 02:56 AM
This is the main post to discuss tuning changes that are in an upcoming update.

You can see the details for the preliminary tuning adjustments in the Game Updates forum post (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?11254-January-2019-Tuning-PRELIMINARY&p=90138#post90138).

Esquatcho
01-19-2019, 04:00 AM
A whole heap of good in there! Cant wait to give Carriage Rider and Wickerman more of a chop again!

Also, damn shame the sac & soul improvements didnt happen before this event :P

But at last it will potentially make grind dropping 1* souls much more rewarding (Even if a stack of 100 gives a handful of rares, then thatd be amazing)!

Also kudos for dropping the cost of PVP talis! I reckon you could maybe do something similar with the trooper character shards?

So which old chars will be next for boost balancing in Feb? Maybe RTTH? Mummy?

Yup
01-19-2019, 05:55 AM
Yes. Agreed. All looks great. Nice to see Sacrifices improving (Especially tier 5 which has always been the "suck point")

And nice to see new talismans in the shop and reduced costs.

Also good to see Bass Eddie getting tuning quickly. He's quite underwhelming at the moment.

(There is one typo I saw... "Basse")

Amarthir
01-19-2019, 06:40 AM
Souls and Sacrifice adjustments are clearly the best changes here, can't exactly say the same for character tuning until the update hits. Wickerman will maybe become useful now as he's more proper 3* quality. Carriage Rider still seems low tier compared to Crusader Eddie, but who knows maybe he'll magically become the highest magus Eddie damage dealer.

Deathbat6120
01-19-2019, 07:08 AM
The Sacrifice and soul updates are the best in my eyes. I like the idea of fragments occasionally dropping from common souls, since now they've got a better use.
The PVP talismans are awesome, glad to see the prices balance out a bit. Looks like I'll have some more reason to play Arena again :)
Changes to Wickerman and Carriage Rider are decent. It certainly won't make them the best, but it'll certainly give them more usage in the future.

...So which old chars will be next for boost balancing in Feb? Maybe RTTH? Mummy?

Personally, I'd definitely expect Mummy since he's pretty much the weakest Eddie. His Fury does nothing at all, and he can only really stun, taunt and grant immunity. Maybe Storm or Soldier could also be buffed. I know they're all only natural 3*s, and therefore can't be too OP, but they're all outdated and could really use a good look at their skills.

Yup
01-19-2019, 08:41 AM
Not sure what you mean.. Mummy, Soldier, CR.. all do pretty much the same damage as the latest Ed -- Bass Eddie. Bass Eddie just does more buff adding.

Maybe they meant "Bass" to be the fish.......

Amarthir
01-19-2019, 09:45 PM
Bass Eddie seems more like the kind of character who should do random damage instead of just magic, doesn't he? At least that would open up the door to more talisman options.

Yup
01-19-2019, 10:05 PM
Not sure. Magic Damage is okay... if he had 1 or 2 more AoE attacks other than the fury ... and for a 5 star, the damage should REALLY be increased. I know they are adding 1 skill shard to each ability, but that's hardly enough. I have him full power now.. an additional ~10-25% damage for his abilities ain't gunna to be much better.

I'd suggest increasing the base magic stat by AT LEAST 20%...
Looking at other Magus Eds.. the MAG stat is in general range (800-900), other than Ed the Great (1300) and Wicker Ed (1000).
The problem is.. he ONLY does MAG damage and to have basically the same general MAG stat as the 3 star M Eds (SOL, CR, Mystic, GRE) seems wrong.
He should have a 5 Star MAG stat like Ed the Great (the other 5 star Magic damage dealer)

I'm leaving out Crusader and 7Son since they deal True damage. So the Mag stat is okay being at the same general level as GRE, CR, etc.

The only Exception to all this is Mystic Ed.. Magic Damage only, 5 star, and same basic MAG stat at ~900 -- But we all probably know Mystic Ed could use a buff as well.

And changing Lost World and Judas abilities to AoE attacks and add instant extra turn or a % chance for an extra turn to Deadly Rhythm

GrimDusk
01-20-2019, 04:45 AM
So Carriage Rider is getting a buff... It looks like it'll do nothing but hey, at least it's something. Bass Eddie being buffed is a great thing, tho I kinda hate he's gonna need more skill shards than what he already had. Wickerman Eddie looks like he'll be useful for newer users, so good for them. The new Greed talismans look pretty neat, maybe they'll work good on Piece of Mind Eddie. The soul updates are nice, along with the sacrifice and pvp talismans. Well done.

Daviangers
01-20-2019, 12:48 PM
Wicker and Carriage are 2 of my favorite eddies, cant wait to see them be at least playable now.

Very excited for the 4 set sentinel talis, and also the cost reduction on some of the old ones, I wanna experiment a little with duplicate sets but wasnt worth it before

Although am I the only who thinks 65% damsge reduction passive is nuts?

Daviangers
01-20-2019, 12:53 PM
The soul updates are exciting too...but we need a way to go through mass amounts of basic souls without it taking forever. Honestly having an option to just sell them would be cool, even for a small amount. Preferably though if there was a way to sacrifice 1 and 2 star characters quicker. Or maybe just an option to sell all of a certain category? That also reminds me, the sell screen needs to be updated, at least for talismans, its annoying to have to dig around looking for all the level 1s

scott-5496
01-20-2019, 02:44 PM
Decent set of updates and good to see these changes - they all seem decent too which is good. Good to see Bass Eddie getting an immediate upgrade as he is really poor for five star...but then Killers is useless too in my eyes.

Zantarath
01-22-2019, 03:32 AM
Wicker and Carriage are 2 of my favorite eddies, cant wait to see them be at least playable now.

Very excited for the 4 set sentinel talis, and also the cost reduction on some of the old ones, I wanna experiment a little with duplicate sets but wasnt worth it before

Although am I the only who thinks 65% damsge reduction passive is nuts?

no ur not the only one

personally i think 50-60% would be enough but 65 is a bit much basically unkillable unless crave or heal block is inflicted level

because i havenot done legit calculation on how shields work but if my gusess are correct: this game reduce multiplictivelyand
for example:

we assume both destiny and fortune is present on the team and calculate damage after defence and resist

FFE hit for 20k dmg to all your team member (pertty decent hit on a magnus)
fortune reduce this damage to 7k (65%)
team has another member with destiny reduce the damage further to
5.6k (20%)
and then you heal back around 5% of your max hp (we gonna assume you have 30k health so you heal 1.5k)

so you suffered 5.6k x4 damage and healing 1.5k*4

you have taken 16.4k damage

wow you just lived through that

now lets calculate how much damage would one need to atleast deal damage to this thing
based upon 30k health (mid-tier ish relic+talisman)
the heal is 1.5k
reverse the multiplication of destiny and fortune you get:

so anything below 5.357k hits deal negetive damage to this thing?

so this is pertty much 5.4k flat damage reduction combined with a UNREMOVEABLE % reduction (81.25%) if destiny and fortune is present on team,
throw in some passives like the Madam, Assassin Banshee, GPD and then add sustain talismans and ur gonna live pertty darn well. it will be massively funny because there is absolutely no means for something like PoM to damage this thing what so ever unless craved or heal blocked hahahaha

basically. assuming my assumption hold up, fortune+destiny interaction just went from the current 50% to the bloody hell 81.25% (you take 2.666 times less damage)

of course, if this game only take the highest reduction(i saw this thread somewhere before). then its not too bad~

Esquatcho
01-22-2019, 09:06 AM
Im not sure where I got this from (could be dodgy memory) but I had a feeling that shields dont stack the same way proc chances do?

zamasu
01-23-2019, 06:03 PM
As far as Iknow damage reduction doesn't stack. So The higher of all with stay. Fortune vs. Destiny. Only fortune will apply

Stormseye
01-23-2019, 06:57 PM
Fortune is a talisman effect that only affects the ally to which they are equipped while the effects from Destiny affect the entire team similar to Golden Phoenix Dog and in the latter case the GPD will override the Destiny set. Not sure how that will apply to the ally wearing Fortune.

druid138
01-23-2019, 09:07 PM
Based on these buffs to Wicker Man Eddie, plus the name of our next event ("The Gates of Dawn" - lyrics from The Wicker Man), I'm gonna guess that we'll see both the update and the dungeon event tomorrow. Plus, the Ailing Kingdom revamp described in the 2019 State of the Nation could be coming tomorrow as well. Midwinter fires indeed!

scott-5496
01-24-2019, 10:15 AM
We better pray that this third party server issue does not hit everyone tonight then!

ill
01-29-2019, 01:16 AM
Are the servers up? I haven't been able to play since the update.

Esquatcho
01-29-2019, 01:26 AM
Are the servers up? I haven't been able to play since the update.

Not yet, for me its been before the update even! Might be waiting for a new version of the game to hit the app store...

ill
01-29-2019, 01:27 AM
I got the app update but no connection yet. Thx for the reply!

Liebhild
01-29-2019, 01:35 AM
I got the app update but no connection yet. Thx for the reply!

This has to be some kind of perceptual disturbance, the [moderator] wrote:
"Doubled the speed the game boots for many lower end devices"

And they really know, what they are doing!

ill
01-29-2019, 01:56 AM
Servers could still be doing server things.

Leviathan
01-29-2019, 02:03 AM
Hi everyone!

Thanks for your patience. Our team is currently investigating the loading issues that have been reported. We'll update you regarding this situation shortly.

Leviathan

DanielRacy
01-29-2019, 03:14 AM
Can't get pass this screen. But I see you guys already know about this issue.

Yup
01-29-2019, 03:14 AM
I had to uninstall/reinstall.

infinite dreamer
01-29-2019, 03:15 AM
Same here. Stuck at the loading screen.

DanielRacy
01-29-2019, 03:16 AM
Also devs take note. Sentinel Banshee does not use her power move on auto. Tried diferent talisman and characters sets on every location possible and nothing

Leviathan
01-29-2019, 04:23 AM
Hello everyone! Thank you for the bug reports regarding the loading issues with today's update. We have identified the cause of these loading issues and are working on a solution.

IF YOU HAVE NOT CONNECTED YOUR APP TO FACEBOOK OR EMAIL - Please do not uninstall and reinstall. We are currently working on a hotfix that will be able to get you into the game without reinstallation.

IF YOU HAVE CONNECTED YOUR APP TO FACEBOOK OR EMAIL, please uninstall and reinstall the game to access the newest update (see update details in the newsfeed)!

Once reinstalled, you can log back into your account on the title screen:
- tap the profile icon on the bottom left (do NOT tap the Start button)
- tap 'Email Login' or 'Facebook Login'
- if you have forgotten your password, tap the 'i' icon in the password field to reset it.

IF YOU HAVE ALREADY REINSTALLED AND CANNOT REMEMBER YOUR LOGIN. Please contact our support team by tapping the Support button in the Settings menu, or email support@ironmaidenlegacy.com.

Ip4
01-29-2019, 08:53 AM
this still did't fixed...

Mizrael
01-29-2019, 03:17 PM
(Hope the loading issue has been sorted for most/all players-back to the topic)

Looking at the Sacrifice chamber, i have noticed that the “improvement” includes, that soul fragments have been added to the drop pool of all tiers...
Now, i hope that the slots have some kind of fixed drop. f.e. slot one: souls shards ONLY, slot two: souls ONLY, slot three: skill shards ONLY, aso.
Otherwise i see this more as a crippling move that an improvement.

We have been screwed by the T6 awarding only SS and LS instead of bunches of Rare Souls before. Imagine that you will only receive 10 Legendary Warrior Soul Fragments or whatewer BS shards have been added....that would be worse than 1 Legendary Soul and a Skill Shard from before imho

Amarthir
01-29-2019, 06:03 PM
(Hope the loading issue has been sorted for most/all players-back to the topic)

Looking at the Sacrifice chamber, i have noticed that the “improvement” includes, that soul fragments have been added to the drop pool of all tiers...
Now, i hope that the slots have some kind of fixed drop. f.e. slot one: souls shards ONLY, slot two: souls ONLY, slot three: skill shards ONLY, aso.
Otherwise i see this more as a crippling move that an improvement.

We have been screwed by the T6 awarding only SS and LS instead of bunches of Rare Souls before. Imagine that you will only receive 10 Legendary Warrior Soul Fragments or whatewer BS shards have been added....that would be worse than 1 Legendary Soul and a Skill Shard from before imho

I did a tier 6 test yesterday and what I got was a couple of skill shards, one heroic soul, I think 3 rare souls and 3 warrior souls and around 150 legendary soul fragments. I don't remember the exact rewards but it was definitely around that. Rather underwhelming if you ask me.

DanielRacy
02-16-2019, 06:10 PM
Hey devs what about a CLAIM ALL button at each fragment type on book of souls?

Zantarath
02-21-2019, 05:31 PM

yes pleassssssss

Amarthir
02-21-2019, 08:55 PM

Yes this absolutely I've been whining about wanting this for such a long time. The Sacrifice event was a great example of why we need a claim all button.

Blade
02-21-2019, 09:06 PM
Even better: a slider like for using shards/runes set to claim all as default - handy, easy and flexible!

Zantarath
02-24-2019, 04:16 PM
Even better: a slider like for using shards/runes set to claim all as default - handy, easy and flexible!

you sir, i have just gained lots and lots of respect for you

Blade
02-25-2019, 10:32 AM
you sir, i have just gained lots and lots of respect for you

Glad that you like the idea! Now we can only cross fingers that they implement this!
Should not be too hard as the tool already exists in the code from the shard/rune menu! Some minor adaptions in size maybe and we would be ready to go!