PDA

View Full Version : Dominance Talismans

GrimDusk
01-20-2019, 05:08 AM
Seriously, these shouldn't exist. They are impossible to get past without a heal blocker, which shouldn't be a requirement for every team. KaevanBeast, someone who's been attacking me in the arena, has these on his Hallowed Eddie. It's an impossible win for the most part because every hit he pretty much outheals the damage. Please, nerf them.

Ddobsy
03-09-2019, 01:02 PM
I’m with you on this. Full heal each time you attack, they gain critical strike... I went from 4 vs 1 to dead... plus as you can’t see they have the talisman until you are in the arena, you have to lose to change tactics

HuckFinn150
03-09-2019, 02:39 PM
Lately, I've been using FFE using heal blocking only from him and then using high damage hitters like Ferryman, Warrior Lilith and Prisoner to block passives. It's the only way I've been able to deal with these.

Stormseye
03-09-2019, 07:15 PM
Heal Block is the key to undo them. Easily takendown once Heal Block is in place.

Liu
03-09-2019, 07:23 PM
reduce max life should work as well

Esquatcho
03-10-2019, 02:03 PM
I run a maxed hallowed with dominance and still get smashed at the higher end of PVP. I WISH he was OP! lol

legacy_of_not
03-12-2019, 02:18 PM
Senior members... How often do you see talisman sets come back? As almost always I'm missing 1 of the set.

Stormseye
03-12-2019, 03:13 PM
They come around usually with bigger events. There is no telling though as Dominance have come around twice already now.

Blade
03-12-2019, 03:42 PM
Twice? This means once in the shop (pay-only) and then once in Gauntlet, or did I miss something?

Stormseye
03-12-2019, 03:43 PM
Twice? This means once in the shop (pay-only) and then once in Gauntlet, or did I miss something?

Yup, exactly like that.

90mphyorker
03-13-2019, 05:12 PM
I came up against an Alexander Eddie with this set. Couldn’t disable his passive and I just had to quit. Could not get his health past 75%.

Bakura
03-14-2019, 05:15 PM
I came up against an Alexander Eddie with this set. Couldn’t disable his passive and I just had to quit. Could not get his health past 75%.

Your not alone. I avoid Alex Ed whenever I see him in Pvp. I noticed a month or so ago when Stormseye had him and it ended in draw, that I couldnt disable pass. with Des Guardian. Others started using the toon & setup as well. So I avoid him.
Speaking of talis/passive bugs, I noticed everytime I hit redan/sent. Shinobi/or madame using Fortune talis, with des. guardian, there previously removed passive buffs returned. The buffs all helped with healing, thus causing a draw. I submitted tickets for both issues.

Stormseye
03-14-2019, 05:56 PM
Shinobi sentinel with Fortune is pretty tough. I eneded up having a draw because the Shinobi was xhain stunning my FFE but could not damage him enough. That passive of adding Invincibility makes her one of the neatest to use Fortune with.

Bakura
03-14-2019, 06:53 PM
Shinobi sentinel with Fortune is pretty tough. I eneded up having a draw because the Shinobi was xhain stunning my FFE but could not damage him enough. That passive of adding Invincibility makes her one of the neatest to use Fortune with.

Yeah, she's underrated. Never had problems with her before these fortunes. I use Musashi, he's great at removing everything on a single toon, but w/ the fortunes, I'd remove the passive buffs, Hp regen I think was one, then hit with des. guard, and the hp regen immediately popped back up. Redan's revenge & immunity did the same thing. Never had this happen before the fortunes. I think it's just bugs in the game coding due to the near infinite amount of variables.
Btw... I wanted to personally say thanks. I've picked up alot of great info from reading your posts since I started 9 months ago, especially back when assn. banshee came out and you suggested des. guardian as a blocker/pass. disabler. I took that info. and immediately used it to spend 2 weeks in the top 3 of pvp. Never even really was in the top 100 much before that. SO A BIG THANK YOU for your help!!!!!!

Stormseye
03-14-2019, 09:11 PM
Thanks for compliment, I am glad to help. I like to think that we are all in it together against the AI. if I can help someone beat even my own defense then so be it. Better for the community if we can all learn from each other rather than try and hide our knowledge. Defense never won Eternal. Only time dedication and winning will get you in the top end. Even more so now since there are very limited top end build structures. I will say I ran into a very tough defense that was outside the norm and it gave me more trouble than I was expecting. Wish I took video of the fight but it was Osiris, Rameses Eddie, Gunner Pharaoh Dog King and Gunner Anubis. Great synergies and that Osiris is always tough if you can't kill him off the immediately. I won but it was 1v1 in the end.

Esquatcho
03-14-2019, 11:18 PM
Osiris, Rameses Eddie, Gunner Pharaoh Dog King and Gunner Anubis. I love the continuity of theme with that team too!

Esquatcho
03-14-2019, 11:21 PM
Your not alone. I avoid Alex Ed whenever I see him in Pvp. I noticed a month or so ago when Stormseye had him and it ended in draw, that I couldnt disable pass. with Des Guardian. Others started using the toon & setup as well. So I avoid him.
Speaking of talis/passive bugs, I noticed everytime I hit redan/sent. Shinobi/or madame using Fortune talis, with des. guardian, there previously removed passive buffs returned. The buffs all helped with healing, thus causing a draw. I submitted tickets for both issues.

Yeah alex w dominance I can see being an issue because heal block simply isnt a possibility, just like sent shinobi and fortune. That said, on most other toons, these sets are pretty good, but not OP, so it makes it hard to work out how you could tweak them without just removing them or having a huge nerf.

@all: Be interested to see if anyone has suggestions?

Bakura
03-15-2019, 03:50 AM
I know this thread is about the Dominance talisman, but it seems the core of discussion is healing talismans and hard to beat w/out "heal block".
So forgive me for also discussing the fortunes as well. At least with dominance, heal block will stick but the fortunes most likely will cleanse in 1 hit or 2.
I thought Stormseye and many others were making use of a passive bug, since Alex Ed couldn't be disabled ( at least by my des. guardian) therefore couldn't be heal blocked (his passive states no neg. buffs), when equipped with Dominance.
As far as nerfing talis, I don't know why NF nerfed the Destiny (they suck now) what needs adjusting is Fortunes. They are way harder because of the cleansing, especially on self healing per turn toons. Also, throw in all the allies with sustaining & angel talis that heal for %, and the inability to damage enough to terminate is insane, especially when you run out of time.