PDA

View Full Version : Bloodstained (Arena) - Win Battles in the Arena for Ancient Mariner Fragments!

Leviathan
01-21-2019, 11:40 PM
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN EXTENDED BY 1 WEEK!

Earn Ancient Mariner Fragments, Blood Fragments, Gold and more by achieving milestones in the Arena!

From now until **February 2nd at 4 PM PT, there are new event challenges added to the Challenges screen. These reward you for getting a certain amount of wins in the Arena before the event is over:

Win 10 Arena battles: Iron Coins x50 + Rare Soul x1 + Sands of Time x30
Win 30 Arena battles: Iron Coins x150 + Ancient Mariner Fragments x5 + Gold x50,000
Win 50 Arena battles: Iron Coins x250 + Blood Soul Fragments x25 + Gold x100,000
Win 100 Arena battles: Iron Coins x500 + Ancient Mariner Fragments x5 + Gold x150,000
Win 200 Arena battles: Iron Coins x1000 + Blood Soul Fragments x25 + Gold x200,000
Win 300 Arena battles: Iron Coins x1500 + Ancient Mariner Fragments x5 + Gold x250,000
Win 400 Arena battles: Iron Coins x2500 + Blood Soul Fragments x50 + Gold x350,000
Win 500 Arena battles: Iron Coins x5000 + Ancient Mariner Fragments x15 + Gold x500,000
Stretch Win 600 Arena Battles: Gunner Legendary Soul x1 + Skill Shard x1
Stretch Win 700 Arena Battles: Assassin Legendary Soul x1 + Skill Shard x2
Stretch] Win 800 Arena Battles: Heroic Legendary Soul x1 + Skill Shard x3

To help you meet these Reward Tiers we are offering new Eternity Relics in the Specials Store which are purchasable with Gold!

Eternity Relics grant players up to a 50% increase in HP, Attack and Magic stats in the Arena for a limited time. There are two kinds: Eternity Arms (Increase Stats on your Arena Offense Team) and Eternity Armor (Increase Stats on your Arena Defense Team).

Please note: Each Eternity Relic can be purchased twice and will expire 2 weeks after they are purchased (Note: Earning additional levels of these Relics will refresh the timer!). These Relics will not increase stats in the Gauntlet.

**Previous end date was January 26th at 4pm PT.

RobG-9641
01-21-2019, 11:54 PM
Any update on a fix for the 3rd party bug that prevents players from accessing Gauntlet and getting Gauntlet rewards? My email to support has gone unanswered...

Amarthir
01-22-2019, 12:00 AM
You guys are a little late on your post. We would certainly like some answers regarding why some people can't get into the game, access certain modes, an answer to if the Assassin Banshee passive is bugged and a person question from me, why my event tab victories is lower than my actual recorded victories.

Leviathan
01-22-2019, 12:36 AM
You guys are a little late on your post. We would certainly like some answers regarding why some people can't get into the game, access certain modes, an answer to if the Assassin Banshee passive is bugged and a person question from me, why my event tab victories is lower than my actual recorded victories.

Hi Amarthir,

Our team is still working on a solution to the issue preventing some players from getting into the game/accessing certain modes. If you, or someone you know is in this situation, we recommend contacting our support team at support@ironmaidenlegacy.com. They will then be able to provide direct updates when available.

Regarding the Assassin Banshee Passive, can you please describe the bug you are seeing? Is the passive simply not triggering? Or does it seem to be triggering too often?

As for the event tab victory difference, I would recommend opening up a Support ticket.

Cheers!

Leviathan

Amarthir
01-22-2019, 12:46 AM
Hi Amarthir,

Our team is still working on a solution to the issue preventing some players from getting into the game/accessing certain modes. If you, or someone you know is in this situation, we recommend contacting our support team at support@ironmaidenlegacy.com. They will then be able to provide direct updates when available.

Regarding the Assassin Banshee Passive, can you please describe the bug you are seeing? Is the passive simply not triggering? Or does it seem to be triggering too often?

As for the event tab victory difference, I would recommend opening up a Support ticket.

Cheers!

Leviathan

I will send a ticket once I get a chance to. I suggest you look at The Banshee Gang thread for more information about the Assassin Banshee passive. Many people think that the passive is triggering more often than not and some of us don't even understand it fully.

Stormseye
01-22-2019, 02:23 AM
Amarthir,

I have been looking and looking for the post from either Sparton or Leviathan, a few months ago concerning another “35% chance to x” ally. Our old friend Sentinel Mayan Priestess. She generated quite the debate with regard to her revenge passive seeming to trigger with every attack. This is most likey the same formuale being used on the Banshee. In the thread the devs explain that the chance to trigger is based on each attack. At the time many people were using multi hitters so Revenge was checking to see if it could trigger against every hit for every ally. This showed that the nunbers are far more frequent for triggering than against a single hitter. The same is still true for the Banshee and others like Redan and Assassin Hellraiser. I have been fighting this team quite a bit and I do see damage seeping through so that means the trigger is not always protecting but the mitigation is quite severe.

Has anyone tested her against single hitters. I did manage to by-pass one attack with 3 hits today from my attacking Assassin Banshee against an opposing Magus Lillith. All three hits landed and killed the Magus.

Esquatcho
01-22-2019, 08:57 AM
Considering the bugs, any chance of getting an extension on this please? Maybe until after the weekend? Personally, most of the rewards are just nice to haves - Except for blood frags. With time running out, any chance to grab those frags is actually really important!

Olevipoeg
01-22-2019, 09:07 AM
Ancient Mariner Fragments are cruel joke. 30 fragments for 500 wins.

rags-6094
01-22-2019, 09:09 AM
I have tested her against single hitters and single/multi combo characters that I choose to deal single hit damage to, I've been at it all afternoon/evening.
So I do think there may be more to it Stormseye. I consider myself a professional at dishing at FFE's Hallowed Bones with perfect hits, this is a single target attack, I started out having a fair degree of success but then ran into Bobo and Above both running DDE/Alchemist/MLillith/ABanshee both attack and defence could not penetrate the others defences, AI might be good but I think we can all agree it can easily be outsmarted, I used every trick in the book but could not take down MLillith which these days for me is usually dead quite easily(read Character descriptionFFE I left a recent comment)

Both teams copped the ultimate in Fury's and they hardly touched them, Both teams drew on both occasions with no members missing.
I agree with your comments and what Sparton or Leviathen said in another post, but 35% I can agree it will block 2/3 hits but it definately should not block every hit on a single target including repeat hits thanks to Warlord Talisman's, I mean MLillith's Destiny doesn't even fire the majority of the time.

I'm all for Assasin Banshee she rocks! But if all of us are taking 10 minutes and then being forced to draw, what's the point, life's too short....

Natasmai
01-22-2019, 01:52 PM
this event is a complete joke. I dont normally play arena beyond a handful of games to get my rank up to 1700 for the free eternity frags. However, since its an event and I can earn Mariner and Blood frags I've put in some effort. I've played almost exclusively arena since it started. I was up to about rank 75 last night and my rating was around 2700/2800. At this point I have won about 150 battles. The teams are now so insane, there is no way i will be able to complete even 300 wins, I'll be lucky if I can manage to make it to 200 before it ends. What is the point of 400 or more wins? there is no way you can do it. My entire list of opponents is now FFE (which I dont have yet) KP Assassin Banshee and M Lilith. And as rags said above, I can play it out for 10 minutes and hope for a draw, or get crushed in a 2 round attack, either way I cannot advance the event.

I think the event should be "play XXX battles in arena" That in itself is a huge time investment, should be enough to complete the goals.

All this event is doing is convincing me how much i dislike arena and how right I was for ignoring it.

Esquatcho
01-22-2019, 02:02 PM
The teams are now so insane, there is no way i will be able to complete even 300 wins, I'll be lucky if I can manage to make it to 200 before it ends.

I think the event should be "play XXX battles in arena" That in itself is a huge time investment, should be enough to complete the goals.

For all these arena events, you always need to invest some sow into losing to drop back down the rankings. Some ppl do it first. Didn’t know until I kept seeing myself get attacked by single eddies over and over!

Right now I’d just be happy to have the arena event available to me!

WickermanBR
01-22-2019, 02:24 PM
The thread about the gang banshee has important information on how to deal with this new defense set that we see around Assassin banshee / Magus Lilith...
Based mostly on the combo the Stormseye set up, I managed to do something interesting for anyone who does not have the Final Frontier Eddie or all the relics, but of course, needs the Banshee Assassin and some talisman warlords. The team is as follows:

Doomsday Eddie (energy / warlord);
The Alchemist (angel / warlord);
Assassin Banshee (angel / fate);
Desert Marauder Sentinel (eternals).

Team advised only for the attack, since, if the coin toss is turned against you, this team falls fast.
If there is no immunity in lilith, I already use the DMS to disable the passive and I still take down the banshee first, the rest is just joy…If there is immunity, good will take a little longer, but in that case do the following thing…
Use the DDE to join some power and if possible the Alchemist to complete the Fury bar.
After that, DDE's fury will be able to remove everything you need to be able to disable MLilith's passive, and if possible overthrow the entire team with the alchemist's power and basics in another turn or two.
Of course there are faster ways to achieve a victory as has been demonstrated by others here in the forum, but with this team at least, you will not be more than 3-4 shifts to achieve a victory.
And most importantly, I have achieved garantid victories (slow some times) for any setup involving Assassin Banshee / Magus Lilith, the only problem here are teams involving the Prisoner, but nothing a second team can not give.
I hope to help
Cheers

Waffen
01-22-2019, 03:51 PM
For all these arena events, you always need to invest some sow into losing to drop back down the rankings. Some ppl do it first. Didn’t know until I kept seeing myself get attacked by single eddies over and over!

That, or everyone can put up a weak defense to HELP each other. Wait, am I allowed to use the “H” word in this community?
Because most people think fighting bots or getting a win with bots as defense team is apparently PVP. And they don’t want to lose in “PVP” as that would mean they have no skill and will be ashamed of their very existence.

Ok sarcasm aside, I don’t get why people don’t put up a weak defense during these arena events. But Whatever, it’s their decision.

Natasmai
01-22-2019, 04:28 PM

I have about a billion SoW, so i guess i could do this... Its the first time I have been this high, so I was hoping for some achievement completion... but I'd rather have the Mariner frags. Thanks...

The thread about the gang banshee has important information on how to deal with this new defense set that we see around Assassin banshee / Magus Lilith...
Based mostly on the combo the Stormseye set up, I managed to do something interesting for anyone who does not have the Final Frontier Eddie or all the relics, but of course, needs the Banshee Assassin and some talisman warlords. The team is as follows:

Doomsday Eddie (energy / warlord);
The Alchemist (angel / warlord);
Assassin Banshee (angel / fate);
Desert Marauder Sentinel (eternals).

Team advised only for the attack, since, if the coin toss is turned against you, this team falls fast.
If there is no immunity in lilith, I already use the DMS to disable the passive and I still take down the banshee first, the rest is just joy…If there is immunity, good will take a little longer, but in that case do the following thing…
Use the DDE to join some power and if possible the Alchemist to complete the Fury bar.
After that, DDE's fury will be able to remove everything you need to be able to disable MLilith's passive, and if possible overthrow the entire team with the alchemist's power and basics in another turn or two.
Of course there are faster ways to achieve a victory as has been demonstrated by others here in the forum, but with this team at least, you will not be more than 3-4 shifts to achieve a victory.
And most importantly, I have achieved garantid victories (slow some times) for any setup involving Assassin Banshee / Magus Lilith, the only problem here are teams involving the Prisoner, but nothing a second team can not give.
I hope to help
Cheers

I only have one set of warlord and no angels (until apparently they will be added as Iron Coin purchases soon) But I will play around with this setup a bit and see what I can do. Thanks.

That, or everyone can put up a weak defense to HELP each other. Wait, am I allowed to use the “H” word in this community?
Because most people think fighting bots or getting a win with bots as defense team is apparently PVP. And they don’t want to lose in “PVP” as that would mean they have no skill and will be ashamed of their very existence.

Ok sarcasm aside, I don’t get why people don’t put up a weak defense during these arena events. But Whatever, it’s their decision.

Yeah I had that set up myself, usually always do but once I got into top 200 or so every single team was the same monster defense, so I added a real defense too.... I dont get it either, unless you are really pushing for #1 I guess?

rags-6094
01-22-2019, 05:13 PM
Everyone's got their own reasons for wanting to finish or float in the level their in, I have been setting my defence low by day(for my location) and back up at night, I have become accustomed to finishing at least top 50 but most of the time top 25, I was where some of you are now, as was everyone at some point.

There are guys here who expect to finish top 10 or top 5 every week and they are happy to do what ever it takes to achieve it. Whether it's the prizes (I doubt it) or the weekly personal goal, it's their choice how they have their defence.

For you there is the same choice, I still have teams I'd rather not blow my sow on trying to defeat but sometimes I need to get some guts and have a go, I use it kind of like how does my team measure up....

Set your defence low and you will fall back down pretty quickly...

Amarthir
01-22-2019, 06:03 PM
I just wanna try and get to 500 wins. I'm at nearly 300 now and things are stagnating because of the Banshee + Lilith copy-paste team that is lurking in the top 100.

Stormseye
01-22-2019, 06:19 PM
This week is really tough Amarthir. I may not even hit the 500 mark. Last week I finished 5th with 5776 points. 700 of those points I pushed for in the last few hours before reset. Today I am at 4776 points and barely at 17th place with 293 wins. I have already spend 450 ironite on SoW plus the free refills so those that are at the top 10 have already put in some fights. There are so many new players in the top end all toting the new Banshee. If you are looking for total wins and not any rank then I would suggest setting a weak defense so that your rank will fall and you can face less Banshee builds.

As a side note I had several fights this morning that penetrated the Banshee passive quite easily without Disable Passives. FFE, Alchemist, PoM and even a rival Assassin Banshee all went through and I even passed it once attacking a Magus Lillith and killing her without the passive kicking in.

Amarthir
01-22-2019, 06:48 PM
This week is really tough Amarthir. I may not even hit the 500 mark. Last week I finished 5th with 5776 points. 700 of those points I pushed for in the last few hours before reset. Today I am at 4776 points and barely at 17th place with 293 wins. I have already spend 450 ironite on SoW plus the free refills so those that are at the top 10 have already put in some fights. There are so many new players in the top end all toting the new Banshee. If you are looking for total wins and not any rank then I would suggest setting a weak defense so that your rank will fall and you can face less Banshee builds.

As a side note I had several fights this morning that penetrated the Banshee passive quite easily without Disable Passives. FFE, Alchemist, PoM and even a rival Assassin Banshee all went through and I even passed it once attacking a Magus Lillith and killing her without the passive kicking in.

I do have a weak defense but I usually only get around 10 or 15 hits every few hours. I did take your advice on using the warrior derby demon and it is working so far.

The funny part about this is that my ranking was in the 20,000's when this event began but not hardly an hour later I was already in the top 250. Now I want to go back lmao I'm not used to being in the top ranks.

Waffen
01-22-2019, 07:19 PM
Everyone's got their own reasons for wanting to finish or float in the level their in, I have been setting my defence low by day(for my location) and back up at night, I have become accustomed to finishing at least top 50 but most of the time top 25, I was where some of you are now, as was everyone at some point.

There are guys here who expect to finish top 10 or top 5 every week and they are happy to do what ever it takes to achieve it. Whether it's the prizes (I doubt it) or the weekly personal goal, it's their choice how they have their defence.

For you there is the same choice, I still have teams I'd rather not blow my sow on trying to defeat but sometimes I need to get some guts and have a go, I use it kind of like how does my team measure up....

Set your defence low and you will fall back down pretty quickly...

Yeah I know. It’s just frustrating to have to go against all the banshee - M Lilith teams. Increasing the achievement from 200 to 500 this month doesn’t help at all.

I won 235 so far and I only have 2900 points but 8/10 teams are still crazy banshee defenses. So it’s not just the top 50 players try Harding.... I guess everyone else is chasing for that rare soul for finishing under 100 lol.

I hate arena but I only play these events because I need those iron coins for relics. Otherwise, I don’t see a point as the new teams are getting annoying (not hard or impossible, just annoying). I don’t see how people find it enjoying to go up against the same annoying team again and again for 500 times.

Like you said everyone has their own reasons. I don’t get their reasoning but it’s whatever. Who knows I might turn into one of them once I have all the relics lol, assuming I play this game for that long given all the bugs and where this game is going for me.

alekos
01-22-2019, 07:45 PM
This event is really, really tiring. Like most arena events actually. Who has the time to play all these times?? seriously. when you have to play the LoL , you auto play, seems fine. (it destroys your battery though) but on the arena to play it 500 times or 800... pfft! I get tired even writing about it.
I'd go for the 400 if i had the patience and time. The rewards are a JOKE, and a bad one too. 5 fragments? F I V E? really now????
WHY bother and not just wait 2 weeks to get 100-150 through gauntlet without much effort. It's not like the Ancient Mariner will make anyone a king. Sooner or later all of us will have him. The only interesting in the rewards are the Coins to buy relics. In my opinion. The 50 blood frags are not bad, but still...you need to play all these times. Everybody knows that a battle there can take minutes. And once you defeat the first 40-50 battles..then every battle is 3-10minutes.
I don't know if it's just me...I find the arena to be pretty boring. the rewards are crap, unless you finish in the top25. I find it tiring to finish up as a warlord III, to get one rare soul and 10 eternity fragments.

Rain88
01-22-2019, 08:14 PM
Previous arena events used to be 200 wins which was a good trend... not sure why it's been decided to make it 500 in this one. Unless someone still believes that repeating the same tasks infinitely is supposed to be "fun"

druid138
01-22-2019, 09:10 PM
The IC rewards for this event are fantastic. They have tempted me to aim for 500 wins for the first time. My previous best is about 450.

As always, a Lone Coalgiver is holding down my D. Please punish him whenever you see him.

Blade
01-22-2019, 11:56 PM
The IC rewards for this event are fantastic.

This is so true, but still I cannot make the time and motivation to go for 500 wins! Especially considering the crazy bugged new purple Banshee in many defenses while I have a lone Stormy. "Fortunately" the other rewards aren't that great.
I was really happy with the 200 wins goal in the recent Arena events. Is there a hidden autoplay Arena button somewhere that I don't see? But I know, a lot of mechanics in the game are adapted to the ultrahardcore players...

druid138
01-23-2019, 12:03 AM
This is so true, but still I cannot make the time and motivation to go for 500 wins! Especially considering the crazy bugged new purple Banshee in many defenses while I have a lone Stormy. "Fortunately" the other rewards aren't that great.
I was really happy with the 200 wins goal in the recent Arena events. Is there a hidden autoplay Arena button somewhere that I don't see? But I know, a lot of mechanics in the game are adapted to the ultrahardcore players...

I'm at 297 now - only 203 to go. :)

With a 0% defense that keeps my rank out of the Top 50, plus list refreshes every half hour, I'm able to get 8-10 wins an hour with only 6 losses so far. I cherrypick the easiest 4-5 teams per list. It definitely requires constant engagement during all waking hours. I'm hoping this approach will last a few more days. Usually, lists get tougher later in the week during these events, so I'm front loading as much as possible.

T-Man
01-23-2019, 12:08 AM

Agree with both of you. I'm getting tons of server issue, and battles locking up on the death blow animation as well. Not very inspiring to say the least.

druid138
01-23-2019, 12:12 AM
Agree with both of you. I'm getting tons of server issue, and battles locking up on the death blow animation as well. Not very inspiring to say the least.

That would be demoralizing. Fortunately, no real bugs or issues here - other than the fact that two of my wins didn't increment the event win counter for some reason. My Arena stats show 301, but the event counter shows 299.

Blade
01-23-2019, 12:18 AM
I'm at 297 now - only 203 to go. :)

With a 0% defense that keeps my rank out of the Top 50, plus list refreshes every half hour, I'm able to get 8-10 wins an hour with only 6 losses so far. I cherrypick the easiest 4-5 teams per list. It definitely requires constant engagement during all waking hours. I'm hoping this approach will last a few more days. Usually, lists get tougher later in the week during these events, so I'm front loading as much as possible.

Respect for your commitment and good luck for your challenge :)

I have 150 wins now and I am tired already. To get to 500, I would need 350 more. Given your average of 9 wins per hour these are 350/9 = 39 hours of fun in 4 days... no thanks ;)

edsel
01-23-2019, 01:02 AM
5k iron coins at 500 wins is just too good, plus all the rest of them on the way up. Gotta polish up those remaining relics trying to catch up with those who have already got them all.

Amarthir
01-23-2019, 01:16 AM
5k iron coins at 500 wins is just too good, plus all the rest of them on the way up. Gotta polish up those remaining relics trying to catch up with those who have already got them all.

Exactly, this is my whole reason for going this far. 375 wins in and I've already maxed out my sentinel attack and magic relics. By the end I'm hoping I Max out health and fury as well.

Stormseye
01-23-2019, 02:16 AM
I am doing it for the other frags as I am done with Relics since last month. I am still seeing defenses penetrate the Assassin passive and with so many options to overcome it I don't think it will be too powerful for too long.

Esquatcho
01-23-2019, 02:41 AM

Yep, have done that, but yeah for some people at the very top, PVP status is more important. I cant understand that I guess. What annoys me is why people around the 1700 levels dont drop it still! its not like it makes much of a difference anyway!

HuckFinn150
01-23-2019, 04:08 AM
I haven't change mine yet, but also in the 100 battles I've initiated, I've not run into a single weak defense. Oh wait, I've come up against one. So I've stopped the arena challenge. The rewards are not really that worth while for me.

Amarthir
01-23-2019, 07:03 AM
Finally hit the 400 win mark. Boy am I really starting to feel the burn. At this point I'm starting to question whether or not I have it in me for the last 100 fights. Good thing I still have till Saturday. Guess I can take it easy for the next few days.

druid138
01-23-2019, 07:58 AM
Finally hit the 400 win mark. Boy am I really starting to feel the burn. At this point I'm starting to question whether or not I have it in me for the last 100 fights. Good thing I still have till Saturday. Guess I can take it easy for the next few days.

Congrats, man! 100 more in 3.5 days is nothing. :)

Just wrap it up tomorrow and move on to Gauntlet. ;)

R1ck
01-23-2019, 01:14 PM
I usually play only my free SoW but this time decided to go for 400 battles and spend some ironite on Arena which I don't like, anyways now I am 376 battles so maybe will go for 500 battles. Saturdays are family days for me so will see how it goes.
At start of the event I had a single Eddie on defense but everytime was reaching top 50 so on Monday decided to change it and be at least top 25, the main reason is the quantity of iron coins per battle, just last week I finished all global relics so need a lot of them if I ever want to complete the other classes.

Zantarath
01-23-2019, 04:06 PM
i'm just taking everything slow
i aimed at 200 and only use natural SoW
it is too punishing for me to get back to top 30 ish position because my low relic count compared most of ya

good time to hang low and let the meta work it self out while i experiment :D

Majice
01-23-2019, 04:53 PM
Anyone else getting unexpectedly booted during a arena battle or dungeon? Seems to happen during the Arena events often

druid138
01-23-2019, 10:31 PM
400 down, 100 to go. I had planned to coast a little at this point, but with the update / dungeon (and maybe updated Ailing Kingdom) likely coming tomorrow, I'm thinking I'll just try to wrap it up ASAP.

Esquatcho
01-24-2019, 01:13 AM
Anyone else getting unexpectedly booted during a arena battle or dungeon? Seems to happen during the Arena events often

All the time! Even have it sometimes just changing talismans. Super frustrating! I've raised a couple of tickets. Im trying to get a video evidence next time.

Nifelheim
01-24-2019, 03:26 AM
Amarthir,

I have been looking and looking for the post from either Sparton or Leviathan, a few months ago concerning another “35% chance to x” ally. Our old friend Sentinel Mayan Priestess. She generated quite the debate with regard to her revenge passive seeming to trigger with every attack. This is most likey the same formuale being used on the Banshee. In the thread the devs explain that the chance to trigger is based on each attack. At the time many people were using multi hitters so Revenge was checking to see if it could trigger against every hit for every ally. This showed that the nunbers are far more frequent for triggering than against a single hitter. The same is still true for the Banshee and others like Redan and Assassin Hellraiser. I have been fighting this team quite a bit and I do see damage seeping through so that means the trigger is not always protecting but the mitigation is quite severe.

Has anyone tested her against single hitters. I did manage to by-pass one attack with 3 hits today from my attacking Assassin Banshee against an opposing Magus Lillith. All three hits landed and killed the Magus.

found it

https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10059-May-2018-Tuning-Discussion-PRELIMINARY/page3

Stormseye
01-24-2019, 03:45 AM
found it

https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10059-May-2018-Tuning-Discussion-PRELIMINARY/page3

Here is the post from Sparton :-

"We have fixes to certain buff stealers stealing incorrect amounts already noted in the preliminary patch notes. Previous reports I've seen of this are already listed in these notes or were found to not actually be a bug, just a misunderstanding to the functionality of skills/effects being employed. If you have a more specific example of something that isn't in the preliminary notes, do let us know the specifics of the problem you're running into and we can investigate.

Regarding revenge chance, please keep in mind that every hit of damage has it's own independent proc chance for Revenge or Counter. As such, if you're fighting 4 enemies and one of those enemies has Revenge:

If you use a single target attack against the one enemy with Revenge, there is a 0% chance to Revenge
If you use a single target, single hit attack against one enemy that doesn't have Revenge, there is a 35% chance to Revenge
If you use an all-enemy attack that does one hit of damage (such as Sentinel Soulless Demon's Provoke), there is a 72.35% chance to Revenge (three successive 35% chances, since 3 of the 4 enemies can trigger Revenge for the Revenger)
If you use an all-enemy attack that does five hits of damage (such as Piece of Mind Eddie's Frenzy), there is a 99.84% chance to Revenge (3 * 5 successive 35% chances, because 3 enemies are potentially triggering revenge 5 times each)

It's very important to keep in mind number of hits as the trigger condition for Counter or Revenge when team building and when choosing skills, as otherwise you will just be causing yourself a lot of problems. This isn't a bug; this is how the Counter and Revenge system is implemented to specifically discourage indiscriminate skill usage (based on the examples above, bringing Piece of Mind Eddie in against enemies with Revenge is probably a terrible idea).

Regarding "counter[ing] [...] ally attacks", I don't know of any reports along those lines other than bugs that were solved months ago. If you have more specific details about that, we'd be happy to hear and investigate them (if they are of sufficient detail to be able to be investigated). Information about when the problem occurred (as exact as possible) and/or screenshots of the problem go a long way to investigating problems like this. "

Awesome find Nifelheim!

This is what I think is happening and why some true single attacks (meaning 1 hit per swing) get through like FFE using Hallowed Bones or Alchemist’s Transmutation. Both of which have passed the Banshee passive and killed Magus Lillith.

Most of the newer allies tend to be single target hitters with multiple hits per swing. All those extra hits count to trigger the passive.

Zantarath
01-24-2019, 03:49 AM
Awesome find Nifelheim!

This is what I think is happening and why some true single attacks (meaning 1 hit per swing) get through like FFE using Hallowed Bones or Alchemist’s Transmutation. Both of which have passed the Banshee passive and killed Magus Lillith.

Most of the newer allies tend to be single target hitters with multiple hits per swing. All those extra hits count to trigger the passive.

i have been enlightened every much apperciate the info

Wyphy
01-24-2019, 02:22 PM
found it

In future, can you (and everyone else) link an actual post? Some people change the settings to show more threads on a page (40), so a page number link is useless. I guess that's a post somewhere in 21-30 range, I'll have to look through the page.
Just right click the post number at the top right of each post and "copy link location", or whatever your browser calls it, and put that in the thread.
Or else just link the main post and list the post number.

Example for your post
https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?11270-Bloodstained-(Arena)-Win-Battles-in-the-Arena-for-Ancient-Mariner-Fragments!&p=90586&viewfull=1#post90586

Cheers.

Zerynx
01-24-2019, 06:56 PM
Is this the final event of the Night City Mega Event?

In other words, is this the last event that blood frags will be available?

I'm not going to get KP unless I get some more frags so I'm wondering if I need to buy the souls before the end of the Sac Event today, or if there will be more opportunities to get blood frags past this Arena event.

If anyone knows I appreciate the input.

Thanks,
Z

zamasu
01-24-2019, 07:06 PM
Is this the final event of the Night City Mega Event?

In other words, is this the last event that blood frags will be available?

I'm not going to get KP unless I get some more frags so I'm wondering if I need to buy the souls before the end of the Sac Event today, or if there will be more opportunities to get blood frags past this Arena event.

If anyone knows I appreciate the input.

Thanks,
Z

There will be at least one more vent to get Blood Fragments next month

edsel
01-24-2019, 07:26 PM
One more chance

Zerynx
01-24-2019, 07:41 PM
Thanks guys.

Amarthir
01-24-2019, 09:15 PM
Finally made it to 500 no thanks to the game bug that forced me to do 505 instead. Cheers to all the people who were mates and didn't pull the ass banshee + Lilith snorefest.

druid138
01-24-2019, 10:43 PM
Finally made it to 500 no thanks to the game bug that forced me to do 505 instead. Cheers to all the people who were mates and didn't pull the ass banshee + Lilith snorefest.

Congrats, Amarthir!

I just hit 500 myself (502 actually, due to that same bug). Thanks LotB team for the generous IC rewards, and thanks to all who made the trip a bit quicker with easy or fun defenses.

By the way, you guys at the top - it really blows my mind that you can do this kind of thing week after week! Just incredible!

edsel
01-24-2019, 11:17 PM
This is a workout, every spare moment is,a,battle or two. And burning ironite quick, have to save enough for gauntlet. Gotta stop @500 only at 425 now. Did many of you buy the arena relics? Seemed,too,pricey for me.

druid138
01-24-2019, 11:26 PM
This is a workout, every spare moment is,a,battle or two. And burning ironite quick, have to save enough for gauntlet. Gotta stop @500 only at 425 now. Did many of you buy the arena relics? Seemed,too,pricey for me.

You're almost there man! I bought both levels of HP and ATK for offense, and I'm glad I did. It's hard to know how much difference they made in terms of win % or time needed. But, it seemed worth it to me.

Waffen
01-25-2019, 12:58 AM

I did not get them, I am sure they make a difference but it seemed a bit pricey for me since I won’t be doing pvp until next month after the current event ends.

But Even with lack of pvp relics (none of my relics are higher than 5 for me) I made it to 498 now. KP and warlord talisman helped a lot. Its been a painful journey though lol.

But it’s worth it for me as I need those IC :)

URock
01-25-2019, 10:14 AM
I stopped at 50 battles, because I need all the SOW for gauntlet. I spend all blood fragments to buy the Prime Killer. Impossible for me to get the new talismans from the store, but it doesn't matter, because I will never reach the top rankings of arena and gauntlet.
My goal is to get new chars for easier farming, so nice event for me.

Knut-3112
01-25-2019, 12:58 PM
The IC rewards are nice but it's too time consuming for me. I'm gonna skip it this time.

Leviathan
01-25-2019, 11:57 PM
Greetings Troopers!

The Bloodstained Arena event has been extended by 1 week!

This will allow players who are experiencing the loading/event triggering bug that is currently live to participate after they have downloaded our upcoming fix. More details on that solution here: https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?11287-Solution-for-Loading-Event-Triggering-Bug-Arriving-Early-Next-Week

Cheers!

Leviathan \m/

druid138
01-26-2019, 12:00 AM
Greetings Troopers!

This will allow players who are experiencing the loading/event triggering bug that is currently live to participate after they have downloaded our upcoming fix. More details on that solution here: https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?11287-Solution-for-Loading-Event-Triggering-Bug-Arriving-Early-Next-Week

Cheers!

Leviathan \m/

Thanks for the update, Leviathan! Could you please explain what is meant by "extended"? Will the event be run a second time? Or will win totals be cumulative across two weeks? Or something else? Thanks!

rags-6094
01-26-2019, 01:11 AM
That is awesome news Leviathan, Many Thanks!
I bet the top contenders will be sweating now! Might be the easiest way ever to make the 20K club!
The top 50 ranked players can all make the 10k club, that's something different!

Muzzleloader
01-26-2019, 01:51 AM
That is great news for all those who were kept from participating in the arena event or unable to fully participate for whatever reasons. I wouldn't have spent all the time and ironite to reach my current rank, while skipping gauntlet. The IC earned is nice, but I probably wont participate in another arena event to this extent in the future.

rags-6094
01-26-2019, 02:13 AM
That's a damn shame ML! Give it a good break and save up a heap of ironite and have another crack in a few months?

druid138
01-26-2019, 04:58 AM
That is awesome news Leviathan, Many Thanks!
I bet the top contenders will be sweating now! Might be the easiest way ever to make the 20K club!
The top 50 ranked players can all make the 10k club, that's something different!

I'm guessing that we'll have a normal weekly reset tomorrow, with the points and rankings reset. But, the arena win count in the event challenges tab will just keep increasing into next week. But, that's just my interpretation and guess . . .

edsel
01-26-2019, 09:40 AM
Greetings Troopers!

Cheers!

Leviathan \m/

Oh so do I get to start all over or keep going from here? Busted my SSS and ironite bank already getting this far and didn't start gauntlet run yet..5159

Ip4
01-26-2019, 11:33 AM
cool there is chance for me to get 400 wins(202 wins now)...

edsel
01-26-2019, 03:46 PM
Oh yeah and we get 150 ironite too right?

rags-6094
01-26-2019, 04:20 PM
There's been that much IC up for grabs this event anyone that's been around for a while should go very close to completing their relics!
I put up a note yesterday after Leviathan announced another week for the event, I suspect I may have thought about it the wrong way... I'd be confident Arena will reset in a few hours as normal... sorry if I created any confusion Troopers...

druid138
01-26-2019, 06:12 PM
Btw, a hell of a battle going on for Eternal this week!

druid138
01-26-2019, 10:38 PM
Btw, a hell of a battle going on for Eternal this week!

Are you guys watching this? Just incredible what's happening at the top this week.

edsel
01-26-2019, 10:52 PM
Are you guys watching this? Just incredible what's happening at the top this week.

Good to see vibrant competition and interest in Arena so high. Legacy is alive and flourishing.5160Morale is great right now for many of us.

druid138
01-26-2019, 11:00 PM
Morale is great right now for many of us.

I'm glad I'm not the only one - the game has never been better, in my opinion.

rags-6094
01-26-2019, 11:50 PM
Even the 7500's is quite often enough to win a weekly arena, you have to scroll down to level 20ish to see that...
I got my 5000 ironite completed all relics, and still only made it to Level 28 in a last minute dash so to speak,

Well done to all of you that's quite an achievement for anyone to manage 500+ arena wins in a week!

Alvorada
01-27-2019, 01:02 AM
Greetings Troopers!

Cheers!

Leviathan \m/

fair enough.

But, could you say if Gates of Dawn dungeon start will be delayed?

Not a critic, just to planning my ironite spent.

maidenoz
01-27-2019, 01:52 AM
cool there is chance for me to get 400 wins(202 wins now)...

nope - they’ve reset the arena totals

maidenoz
01-27-2019, 01:56 AM
so, to get this straight, you have extended the event, but you haven’t reset the challenges, but you have reset the counters. So, you essentially have to start the challenge again, but you won’t get any rewards if you’ve already got them? Is that right? Is that actually what you are doing?

WickermanBR
01-27-2019, 02:45 AM
so, to get this straight, you have extended the event, but you haven’t reset the challenges, but you have reset the counters. So, you essentially have to start the challenge again, but you won’t get any rewards if you’ve already got them? Is that right? Is that actually what you are doing?

Hey, I do not know if I understood you correctly (my English is not the best), but, yes, the Arena counters were reset, but the event counters were not.
I took a look at the "challenges" > "events" part, and all the battles I did last week are still there.
Sorry if I'm talking bullshit.

Cheers

Fudjo
01-27-2019, 03:28 AM
There's been that much IC up for grabs this event anyone that's been around for a while should go very close to completing their relics!
I put up a note yesterday after Leviathan announced another week for the event, I suspect I may have thought about it the wrong way... I'd be confident Arena will reset in a few hours as normal... sorry if I created any confusion Troopers...

I've been playing since close to Day One and I'm not close to completing my relics. Then again, I don't play super competitively. This event definitely helped out a bunch.

Amarthir
01-27-2019, 06:04 AM
I've been playing since close to Day One and I'm not close to completing my relics. Then again, I don't play super competitively. This event definitely helped out a bunch.

Yeah same I've been playing almost 2 years and my relics are mostly at 5 on average. This event allowed me to Max out my all of my sentinel relics except for the defense and MR ones. So i do like this new kind of event, but maybe they should cut back down on the required number of wins, or at least make loses and defense wins count.

Wyphy
01-27-2019, 03:39 PM
or at least make loses and defense wins count.

I've thought this and seen it suggested before, too.
I'd suspect that if they did so, the counts would at least double and probably triple.
Meaning that last tier will be either 1600 or 2400 matches.

No comment on whether this would be good or bad, but that's a lot of matches.
I would guess that it's more than what it takes now to get the top tier.

Alvorada
01-27-2019, 04:20 PM
or at least make loses and defense wins count.

state of nation 2019 promises that.

Wyphy
01-28-2019, 04:38 AM
state of nation 2019 promises that.

No, it doesn't.
It says that there will be rewards for defense wins, not that they count for event rewards.

Currently, our planned Arena changes will see players competing in more divisions, gaining better feedback as they progress, obtaining rewards for successful defensive wins, and earning updated ranked rewards that will make the Arena competitive with Gauntlet.

kgk56
01-28-2019, 01:50 PM
Oh well, another week grinding the Arena. I stopped at 500 and I have to do 300 more ? It's like Pokemon, a neverending Story

Iced_Earth
01-28-2019, 02:30 PM
When we can expect the Patch and last Event? Maybe Today?

dragonmat89
01-28-2019, 02:43 PM
Dungeons seem to have had a habit of starting on Tuesdays (Monday midnight reset in the UK) with the Heroic Soul rotation if memory serves... I may be wrong though.

Liu
01-28-2019, 03:04 PM
Oh well, another week grinding the Arena. I stopped at 500 and I have to do 300 more ? It's like Pokemon, a neverending Story

But unlike Ash this gets old real quick !
I reached 500 last week and now I'm gonna take it slowly. The stretch goals ain't really worth it.

HuckFinn150
01-28-2019, 03:57 PM
I stopped at 100 battles. The rewards are not to great for this, aside from ic. I'm on the slow road for relics and happy with it. I have multiple of all the offered talismans and nothing else aside from relics I'm interested in. I almost have all the final relics and about level 3 on the class relics. So, no worries. Just fun 😊

Blade
01-28-2019, 04:49 PM
I went for a personal new record with 600 wins last week!! This is really a huge step as my highest wins was around 400 before! It is a really cool thing that the event was extended and in my opinion it would be a nice addition once in a while to have these 2-week arena events regularly to give normal people that cannot play 24h the chance to get these crazy amounts of wins to get the rewards!
Of course the current meta is quite cheesy, but it is fun to play the attack side. I think defense rates decrease a lot right now, but we will see. It is a bit weird that a new 4* non-Eddie character is able to have such a huge influence on the game. But the next character/talisman/tuning will turn things around again quite sure!

scott-5496
01-28-2019, 06:43 PM
Maintenance warning now up for us all. I think this looks like that third party fix (which is fixed I think on my iphone) and maybe launch of the new Dungeon.

rags-6094
01-28-2019, 06:46 PM
Good work Blade! Yeah it is good to see you up there in the ranks, you out shined me too! I did get 600 wins but it was too little too late when I went for it...
What's even stranger is that the 4* Non Eddie has allowed 4* old Eddies to dominate FFE builds at the moment, even your defence wins don't have to be that poor, just takes a little time to work out how the AI will play the team it's been given...

Cheers!

Amarthir
01-28-2019, 07:58 PM
I hope it will be the new update. Last week they said they were targeting the end of the week, but since it never happened I imagine it would be early this week.

edsel
01-28-2019, 11:12 PM
Maintenance warning now up for us all. I think this looks like that third party fix (which is fixed I think on my iphone) and maybe launch of the new Dungeon.

So how many times do I have to hit the OK button to make it go?5165

GlennSpeake
01-28-2019, 11:46 PM
why did I lose all my progress after the update ? 4 wins away from 1500 pvp coins.

Olevipoeg
01-30-2019, 10:49 AM
Arena is really really boring now. All teams are using Alchemist, Assassin banshee and blocker. To be really effective means you need to make the list who is using trap and who is not. Nobody using weak team anymore, i'm switching to strong team also.

Liu
01-30-2019, 01:07 PM
My defense is a sole coalgiver and I'll keep the weak defense. Feel free to battle to battle him if you find me in your list (my trooper's a xander ed).

Symbiote
01-30-2019, 02:28 PM
Hahaha i'm still at 53 Wins or so.. xxxD
Even if they make it longer.., i have NO motivation left. xD

I think the time to say good by to "Legacy of the Bugs/Boredom".., sad but true..,

The Artists done the best job in my opinion in this whole "project".., they show their LOVE to this piece of software..,

The rest.., i don't have to say much about this..,

You should LOVE what you do.., especially as a game developer.., but if you only have MONEY in your eyes you will not do a good thing..,

kgk56
01-30-2019, 02:32 PM
Weak D all week (Wicker-Man Eddie & Nutcracker) 700+ wins (now go slowly 'till the end of the week).

Blade
01-30-2019, 02:46 PM
Weak D all week (Wicker-Man Eddie & Nutcracker) 700+ wins (now go slowly 'till the end of the week).

I had at least one game freeze against your team. And several other hangs against teams with Wickerman...so maybe it is him! Could you please set up a different team? Thank you!

I finished the 800 wins, the current meta is perfect for this... during the first week I also had a weak defense. So it seems like you missed a good chance, Symbiote!

kgk56
01-30-2019, 02:50 PM
I had at least one game freeze against your team. And several other hangs against teams with Wickerman...so maybe it is him! Could you please set up a different team? Thank you!

I finished the 800 wins, the current meta is perfect for this... during the first week I also had a weak defense. So it seems like you missed a good chance, Symbiote!

I remember You had a weak D but not too long ... since then You attack my weak D almost everyday with a strong 1 ... not fair ... but anyway I will change Wicker-Man tonight for Bass Eddie

Ip4
01-30-2019, 03:02 PM
troopers don't attack single defense Wickerman Eddie,if he play first game will freeze and that's game over for you...shit game and shit update!!!!!!!

Blade
01-30-2019, 03:02 PM
I had it till Friday as I wanted to reach top 50. As a non-payer I need some ironite from rewards! I attack you when you are on the list, but clearing the list is not always possible due to the game freezes.
In my opinion there is no strong defense right now due to the current meta. I lost one fight regularly from the 800, all others were freezes

HuckFinn150
01-30-2019, 06:42 PM
I got Shadow of Wicker and used him once to a freeze. Haven't used him again. A benchwarming Eddie if they don't get him fixed. Although I know he'll never stack up to the one we face in the event....

blade685
02-01-2019, 12:59 PM
troopers don't attack single defense Wickerman Eddie,if he play first game will freeze and that's game over for you...shit game and shit update!!!!!!!

yes every update = new shitty bug, do like me don't play vs all that exploit teams :)

Symbiote
02-01-2019, 01:31 PM
yes every update = new shitty bug, do like me don't play vs all that exploit teams :)

Every Update = A new fucking Joke! xD

blade685
02-01-2019, 01:39 PM
Every Update = A new fucking Joke! xD

+1 :))

Symbiote
02-02-2019, 02:55 PM
For me this is just uncreative work what they do..,

They have no ideas to make this game more enjoyable to play in your own time.,.

So they decided to "force" their players to GRIND 24/7 for CHANCES!!! And this was it..,

They could integrate so many new stuff as longtime goals.., for what are the missions? Ah yeah.., for nothing. xxxD

And i'm so fucked up with this crap.., i'm still at <100 Arena Wins. xxxD Because the other crap Event needs so much time..,
Arena sucks since months.., everytime the same shit.., they must be really bored with their job.., and that they aren't alone they do this to their players..,

Esquatcho
02-03-2019, 08:58 AM
I think you just need to manage your expectations. Even 200 wins in this arena challenge was a good outcome in terms of IC and blood frags. Just got me to the point of being able to get killer prime. 200 wins didnt take much time at all. A couple of evenings grinding and then regularly keeping an eye out for single eddie defences that could then get you a few rounds of revenges. Single eddie defence also helped keep the rank low to avoid the top teams up above 2500. Just got to strategise and be happy with whatever you can achieve man. The game doesnt have to be about getting everything every time. Set your own expectations and enjoy playing whatever you can and you will find yourself a lot less stressed.