PDA

View Full Version : Crash on starting a lvl

Nekroliun
08-29-2016, 01:33 PM
This has been happening for some time now, whenever i use a trooper in a lvl the game crashes mid-loading and me and my trooper lose the trooper points, now i have 41 troopers, i use them all daily, but the game crashes like on 16 of them, which pisses me out A LOT, usually my best troopers go to waste and my sands of time go to waste. I never saw it happening when i use my normal team without troopers.

osogaru
08-29-2016, 01:42 PM
This is happening since day 1. At the last update I was hoping it would be fixed, but no.

woodol
08-29-2016, 01:44 PM
me too.
very bad
sorry for my troopers

DEV please fix it ASAP

Bryan-3528
08-29-2016, 01:48 PM
me three.

i've noticed it seems to crash for me under any circumstances:

1) both with and without troopers
2) hitting the start battle button
3) finishing the battle and before the rewards screen
4) also lets not forget the mid battle freezes

but hey, at least we can log in :)

Nekroliun
08-29-2016, 02:29 PM
Also today the chesst at the end of the lvls doesnt deop and im stuck in an infinite wait, it happened some time ago, but if i waited it wouldve came but now it never does, i dont even get anything, happened twice today

OpticSugar
08-29-2016, 02:36 PM
I just posted a new thread about what appears to be the same issue. I would have posted it here, but the thread title didn't seem like it was for the same problem. Now that I'm reading into it, it looks like what I'm experiencing for the most part.

PerthEddie
08-29-2016, 02:56 PM
So it isn't just me then? Been happening to me for a while. Normally crashed after 3 whole fights so I was having to exit the game and go back in. Was worse today and actually crashed in game - just as I was about to beat the last level on Battlefield Madness, get the 3rd skull and open the secret level!! You can imagine how annoyed I was.

I have PM'd Matt and Lamia to see if it was a widespread problem or just me as I hadn't seen any complaints about it on here till now. I have made things worse though. I tried to be clever and reinstall the game to see if that fixed it. I am now stuck on the loading screen like a few other people have had so I am now MIA for a while :(

Bryan-3528
08-29-2016, 03:20 PM
just happened again to me for the 3rd time this morning. twice i had a trooper and once i did not.

Calin
08-29-2016, 04:08 PM
just happened again to me for the 3rd time this morning. twice i had a trooper and once i did not.

Same for me. I think that the game crashes when using old troopers, which do not have the latest update.

Nekroliun
08-31-2016, 12:30 PM
I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE, THE GAME CRASHED 6 TIMES TODAY, wouldnt be a big deal, IF IT DIDNT CRASH WHILE I USED MY MAXED OUT TROOPERS, i lost 3 soldier eddies, 1 pharoah eddie and a blue soldier... Is it so hard to clear the magus dung? Does the game hate me that much? I guess it does

Keep in mind i still have alot of maxed out troopers, but theyre not eddies nor magus soldiers so my soldier eddie dies... So useless unless i use them on something like bf madness

Edit: Triggered

Kaijester
08-31-2016, 12:48 PM
Zero crash today in Magus dungeon. How did your games crash? Server error upon winning?

Nekroliun
08-31-2016, 01:03 PM
Nope, i just begin it and it crashes mid loading

TreeHUgger74
08-31-2016, 01:32 PM
I think the devs should give us some compensation...this is CRAZY! :mad:

Nekroliun
08-31-2016, 01:56 PM
Give everyone 5 legendary souls for every crash!!! 10/10 idea of the year 2019

osogaru
08-31-2016, 02:47 PM
Any news from the devs for this problem? it is now known since july... and it's reaaaally frustrating...

Aristo4
08-31-2016, 02:56 PM
You should all get a 3 year old phone like me and no crashes :cool:

Now seriously I have no crashes in the menu's, none loading a match, none starting a match, and none in the rifts last 2 days since my blue allied is not the first to act.

Shifter
08-31-2016, 10:11 PM
This happens to my wife all the time, but rarely happens to me. She is using an iphone and I am using android, looking through this thread it seems that most people that it is happening to is on the ios os.

osogaru
09-02-2016, 06:27 AM
5 troopers lost this morning in 10 games.... Any news from the devs for this bug ? I confirm : for me Ipad ios.

Nekroliun
09-02-2016, 12:22 PM
I had 13 crashes today while using my troopers, the game self destructs when i use troopers only for some reason, never happens when i use my normal team

Sudjenica
09-12-2016, 12:28 PM
I've had this happening to me for some time now and it's really getting on my nerves. Today I tried to use my Troopers 3 times and all 3 times the game crashed leaving me... nervous, to say at least. The game crashes mostly when I use Troopers, but it has happened that it crashed a couple of times using my own team of allies. As I can see here, I'm not the only one experiencing the problem, and for that I am glad (in a way that I'm not lonely in this), but I also note that this has been happening since the beginning and it hasn't been fixed yet :( :confused:

Sudjenica
09-19-2016, 10:05 AM
Okay, this is really getting out of hand! The game keeps crashing the last two days and it is no more connected to using Troopers, it crashes upon clicking the Start button, it crashes upon clicking on the desired dungeon, it crashes upon opening the dungeon - to cut the long story short, IT KEEPS CRASHING at least 15-20 times these last two days (and after those 15-20 times I simply give up and stop trying to open the bloody game) :( Is it just me and my phone?

MetalWarrior
09-19-2016, 10:27 AM
Okay, this is really getting out of hand! The game keeps crashing the last two days and it is no more connected to using Troopers, it crashes upon clicking the Start button, it crashes upon clicking on the desired dungeon, it crashes upon opening the dungeon - to cut the long story short, IT KEEPS CRASHING at least 15-20 times these last two days (and after those 15-20 times I simply give up and stop trying to open the bloody game) :( Is it just me and my phone?

Probably, it's not just you. Definitely,not everyone.

I can't emphasize enough over many threads,"issues are device specific".
moreover,not all updates are "obligatory", few update will force you to goto (app store/play store) to update,few won't even prompt.
it is better to disable automatic update from the app store settings,and manually update once you get confirmation from others about the stability (in this case).

Sudjenica
09-19-2016, 12:04 PM
Automatic updates are disabled for every single application on my phone and I only do updates when the app won't open without updating it.

Kutte
09-20-2016, 10:55 AM
I noticed that it runs far more stable using my PC with Leapdroid.
It's nearly unplayable on my Android 5.1 Tablet since the update, sadly restarting the game doesn't help anymore as as a workaround.

I did a system reset and fresh install, didn't change anything

Sudjenica
09-22-2016, 09:56 AM
I might try that Leapdroid you mentioned. I'm a total ignorant when it comes to technology and I wasn't in the mood for trying to play the game on my PC, but it looks like I'll have to. Today I tried playing four Troopers so far and all four times the game crashed upon starting a level.

Kutte
09-22-2016, 10:20 AM
I played the last two days on leapdroid. not a single crash or freeze except for the "normal" bugs.
It's great for a workaround but i really hope they can fix the problems. it's a mobile game after all and my pc is just too heavy to carry around ....

Sudjenica
09-22-2016, 10:39 AM
True :D
Okay, what's the deal with playing the game on PC? I download and install Leapdroid and then what?

Kutte
09-22-2016, 10:47 AM
You can download it from thier HP:
http://www.leapdroid.com/

It's based on VirtualBox and comes with a ready-to-use Android 4.4.
You can start it directly with the "Leapdroid VM" / "Leapdroid VM2" Icons on your Desktop.

Just enter your google account data and install LotB from the store.

Sudjenica
09-22-2016, 11:29 AM
THANK YOU!
I shall try it this weekend. Hopefully I'll manage it :) (like I said, I'm a dork with technology)

MetalWarrior
09-22-2016, 12:01 PM
THANK YOU!
I shall try it this weekend. Hopefully I'll manage it :) (like I said, I'm a dork with technology)

Check out the thread discussing emulators
http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1311-Run-LOTB-in-PC

Sudjenica
09-22-2016, 12:03 PM
Will do once I get access to my home PC. THANK YOU :)

osogaru
10-09-2016, 03:09 PM
please devs do something before christmas :p

today, in the LOL level X or IX, crashes at the beginning, crashes at the end and crashes during the battle !! with or without troopers... 8 sands of time lost each time and frustration... when you refill the sands of time and you loose 50% in crashes... it's not good. I know you work on that but when you crash every 5 minutes it's really bad...
In Kingdom of sands : IMPOSSIBLE to do 2 consecutive battles without crashes...
hope one day, this will be solved but... I don't see the evolution, it's the same probleme since day 1... each update, you tell it will be the next one but the reality it's that the game is still full of bug...

Sudjenica
10-10-2016, 10:28 AM
Welcome to our world and by "our" I mean the world of us who have been experiencing "crash upon starting a level" issues for a while now. It's been driving me crazy! After the update on September 26th, my game was working almost perfectly, for a couple of days. Now it's crashing again, with or without using Troopers. Not to mention that I'm not able to even start playing any of the Time Rift levels.

Ringe666-7406
10-10-2016, 11:34 AM
Welcome to our world and by "our" I mean the world of us who have been experiencing "crash upon starting a level" issues for a while now. It's been driving me crazy! After the update on September 26th, my game was working almost perfectly, for a couple of days. Now it's crashing again, with or without using Troopers. Not to mention that I'm not able to even start playing any of the Time Rift levels.

Happens to me too, but that's why I know play no laptop and not on phone :D Try Andy OS android emulator for pc... And please, if you could tell me the exact name of your hometown, I would be grateful :D Thanks

Fakos13
10-11-2016, 06:38 AM
This cant be happening... 7 crashes in 15 minutes? I cant play the last 4 days. Any news on this problem anyone?

woodol
10-11-2016, 07:49 AM
For the DEV : I think I know why the game crash !
After EACH crash starting a level, the application closed. When I reload it, I always see I have a pop-up about badges my trooper gave me. So, I think there is a bad gestion of this pop-up or a bad gestion of informations received by the application about new troopers badges which cause the crashes.

Kutte
10-11-2016, 07:56 AM
It crashes even if you don't have any troppers/trooper badges.
The pop-up is always loaded after you logged in. I've never seen any trooper-badges-popup in a running game. but you get the points even if theres no popup.

I think it's more memory related. I've never seen a crash on PC (ok, i got ONE which killed my account).

BillLion
10-11-2016, 04:47 PM
Devs, just wanted you to know that I've had 4 crashes on the time rift dungeons within the last 30 minutes. Very abnormal for me.

I'm on iOS (iPhone) with solid wifi.

Aristo4
10-11-2016, 05:32 PM
Although I'm one of the rare luckboxes with the minimum freezes/crashes, sth got worse last couple of days...and all my freezes or crashes are followed by the trooper used message afterwards.

Luckily most of my troopers must be in a different timezone, and I only lost 2-3 troopers in that time only.Could have been way worse.

Roquetas-5312
10-16-2016, 11:03 AM
Really getting pissed off with this bug been there from the start and now I need to do time rift lvl 10
It's costing me 10pct of stamina each time
Having suggest to device several times to take stamina as the opening move in an area
Instead of before the servers allow you into area (this should be a simple fix until they find a permanent solution) find it hard to swallow that nothing has been done
Not only do we lose stamina but also the trooper doesn't get used and I get no badges for it
Not sure but also think the player whose trooper you were losing also doesn't get the badges