PDA

View Full Version : Gates of Dawn Sentinal Challenge

Muzzleloader
01-29-2019, 03:22 AM
Has anyone tried this challenge yet? I was thinking that sentinal allied skier may be of use with his power move Recover that heals and removes negative effects from allies. Destiny was work for magic stat to heal.

Zantarath
01-29-2019, 03:33 AM
you got intot he game?

Muzzleloader
01-29-2019, 03:36 AM
Yes, I had to clear my cache and game data. If you clear game data you need to know your FB or email name to log back in. Some have also uninstalled then reinstalled the game. I am using a S9.

rags-6094
01-29-2019, 03:49 AM
Hi ML Ferryman can only take damage from burns ie damage over time, Shadow Wicker Man Eddie grants immunity to burns for three turns.
We will need Sentinel Desert Warrior (disable passive on SWME) BBE to continue clearing silver buffs, btw, Ferryman scatters your damage type inventory,, watch it, it won't be where you think it is when it's your turn again....

Immune to stun so Horus is useless but Icarus is a must.... choose your third Non Eddie... let me know when you work it out...

Muzzleloader
01-29-2019, 04:06 AM
Rags, I'm not playing just trying to get my nephew to think about the game. Wont sentinal soldier power move heal and remove all negative effects including silver? Doesn't explosive talis give burns over time. I forget what does shock talis give

rags-6094
01-29-2019, 04:07 AM
I've failed three times, these Devs aren't getting anymore of my sot for now, if someone works it out good luck, I did everything right and still failed to clear all dooms, even when I did get the burns to stick it did virtually no damage to ferrymen..

Back to the drawing board I'd say...

Muzzleloader
01-29-2019, 04:09 AM
How about tricksters por move with scalding burns to all enemies.

rags-6094
01-29-2019, 04:12 AM
Do you mean Allied Soldier Sentinel Class? If so he doesn't clear silver buffs. Explosive talisman have a chance to do grievous burn, I don't know if that qualifys as damage over time though...

rags-6094
01-29-2019, 04:16 AM
How about tricksters por move with scalding burns to all enemies.

Yeah I have mine skill sharded that might actually work... but it's super hard work just clearing silver buffs and adjusting your inventory every time you come back to Eddie and it's scrambled again. Just don't know if I can be bothered more than once...
Anyone considering auto for those 15 goodluck!

I wondered if there is a sentinel character that offers a passive against doom or silver buffs...?

Yup
01-29-2019, 04:26 AM
You know they designed it around specific characters....

I've got to figure out which S character clears silver buffs.... or swap some talismans around (ugh.. hate doing that).

Good thing is.. Kill Wicker Ed... and that's enough. You don't have to really worry about damaging the Ferryman. (Tested with Warrior team which had no problem).

Muzzleloader
01-29-2019, 04:30 AM
It may not be practical, but what about angel talis or serenity on everyone to keep cleansed.

Yup
01-29-2019, 04:30 AM
POM Ed.. fury to clear buffs is what I'm thinking

I've tried FFE, Breeg, FOTD.. but the Doom get's em every time. Otherwise they'd' work. I get close, but inevitably Doom kills the Ed ending the battle.

So far... S Desert Marauder, Icarus, S Bat... and have yet to test POM or Visions Ed (Angel Talismans). But Angels don't cleans silver.

WickermanBR
01-29-2019, 04:36 AM
Guys, I think I have a team for that challenge.
I'm using:

Benjamin Breeg Eddie (warlords / energy);
Horus (revenge / power);
Corrupted Rescue (eternals);
Lilith (immortal / titan).

I'm using BBE's basic past ability to activate the warlord and maintain healing.
Horus I'm using to remove the effects of enemies and stun.
Lilith's passive helps a lot too, and perfect corruption is great against this lot of destiny talismans.

On the fourth wave, I use the Rescue power ability, to pick up all the marks (but I try to leave the enemies that cause them last)
On the boss wave, lilith to put perfect corruption on the WME, and BBE's basic present ability to remove silver effects and place immunity on everyone (which serves well in the fourth wave as well).
Always selecting to take the damage Shadow WME, because when he dies, the other dies together

I do not know if it's infallible, but I've already got two victories in the manual with this team, but I will continue testing to see how it works in the long run.

Cheers

Yup
01-29-2019, 04:41 AM
Well POM did the best.. but still no good.

angelkelly
01-29-2019, 04:54 AM
Here’s the team I used to beat this challenge on manual, averaging at least 4 minutes clear time.

P.O.M Eddie to grant perfect immunity.
Sentinel Valkyrie to disable the Wickerman from casting destiny.
Killer prime for extra damage/healing. *Warlord Needed
& Horus for minor protection. *Eternal Equipped

rags-6094
01-29-2019, 05:02 AM
Well done beating it, if they sleep you you can't remove doom from your allies... don't have KP, and their immune to stun.
I did see something about 5% HP drain? Anyone can wear eternals...

Yup
01-29-2019, 05:07 AM
Thanks for that Angel!

S Valkyrie seems to be the key...

POM
S Valkyrie
Killer Prime
Horus

And no Eternity or Angel talismans anywhere. If I swapped things around to add those it may go quicker.

Auto wins.

EDIT:

Okay.. added Angel talismans to POM.. Ferryman was stunning too much.

WickermanBR
01-29-2019, 05:16 AM
Another thing I noticed, BBE's fury move is a blessing against silvery effects(perfect imunity). I'm using it in the first movement of the fourth and fifth wave, it's working well

rags-6094
01-29-2019, 05:21 AM
Yeah Lillith for keeping sleep away, if you get slept you can't clear doom....

Yup
01-29-2019, 05:22 AM
Yeah I switched to Breeg with Eternals.. works a bit better

rags-6094
01-29-2019, 05:31 AM
I can hang in there now but these two are inpenetrable for me, I must be doing something wrong...

Chaosego888
01-29-2019, 05:34 AM
I've been using Benji to cast fury immediately then switching to Final Frontier in second round and using the Crucibel of Pain move to heal block, then hit him with either Killer Prime or Corrupt Rescuer,
depending who has Ascension or Critical Strike and switch to Piece of Mind and use his fury. You can do this in two or three rounds without being threatened. It may be better to use Angel's idea and use Val instead of Corrupt Rescuer.

rags-6094
01-29-2019, 05:42 AM
I'm using Val Lillith Icarus and POM/BBE I don't have KP, it's been 20 minutes and every time I take a chunk out of Shadow Wickerman it recharges... just about over it....

Zantarath
01-29-2019, 05:57 AM
i personally did breegs Valkyrie KP Witchdoctor

WickermanBR
01-29-2019, 05:59 AM
I'm doing this on the boss wave:
Lilith basic ability, to put perfect corruption (difficult in the first turn);
Horus basic ability, to remove anything from the destiny;
BBE, fury move;
CR, basic ability ...
In the next turn I repeat, but when it comes to BBE, I use the basic ability of the past to activate something of the warlord, taking advantage of perfect immunity for 3turns.
Usually the Shadow WM dies in the third round.

Chaosego888
01-29-2019, 06:03 AM
rags, I would replace Lilith with Corrupt Rescuer, She can hit pretty hard too. If you lead with Benji's fury you want need the Lilith. Hit him with Val, then the Corrupt Rescuer. In the second round use Final Frontier to heal block him. Most of the time you will finish him in the second round. If it does go to the 3rd round just hit him with the space chick again and use Piece of Mind's fury to finish him. I lost several times before I found this strategy but it worked 100% after I knew what to do

Stormseye
01-29-2019, 06:08 AM
Posted and copied here as I did not see this before I posted in Announcements:-

This dungeon does not seem to be nearly as tough as prior dungeons.
My auto play teams:-

Easy
DDE
Osiris
Gunner Banshee
Gunner Lillith

Hard
Alexander Eddie
Charlotte
Sekhmet
Warrior Undead Warrior

Madness
Benji - Angel/Energy
Sentinel Desert Marauder - Eternal
Killer Prime - Immunity/Warlord/Sustinaing
Sentinel Troll - Shell/Fortune

Heals are great and Benji keeps Perfect Immunity up so no worries from Ferryman. Usually finishes in under 2:30 minutes. Best time was 1:01. Benji will often use Nightmares to Perfect Corrupt Wickerman Eddie and block his Destiny set. As long as you block his beneficial effects he is toast. Sentinel Lillith could also help as well as any ally or Eddie that can corrupt or block. You definitely want to have Perfect Immunity up though because if not you have about 1 round if Doom lands on you before you blow up. Cant wait to see the Arena paired with with Mystic Eddie and Ferrymen.

vpachev
01-29-2019, 06:25 AM
Sentinel madness on manual:

BBE - eternals
Corrupt rescuer - snow/paralisis (don't think that matters much in this level)
Icarus - destiny/ some greens
KP - immortality/energy (I know, I got him recently and just put something quickly)

The key as you said above is just to use BBE fury, then apply perfect corruption and just aim at the wickerman. I expected a harder battle after a failed with a trooper's FFE and lost miserably.

Anyways, I think I will take the the hex set and skip the grind this time. How the rest of you feel?

angelkelly
01-29-2019, 06:26 AM
Try placing flash talismans on both P.O.M Eddie and Val for extra damage, and replace Lilith with corrupt rescuer. You could probably get away with placing any random green set on her with warlord talismans or just eternal for extra security. Just make sure to always cast P.O.M Eddie power move before round 1, 4 and especially the last to ensure you don't get hit by any negative effects.

rags-6094
01-29-2019, 09:00 AM
I just wanted to thank you all for your help, you probably think I should have had that covered easily but it just wasn't going down that way...
I eventually set myself up with BBE,FFE, POM, SCR,SDG, Horus, on the 10th successful run now...

I placed Angel and Energy on everything I could, except FFE... oh and Horus with Eternals.. anyhow Many Thanks!

scott-5496
01-29-2019, 10:08 AM
Must have been lucky on my run as I just went straight to auto before I took a shower and came back to a defeat but I had cleared it on madness four times with FFE, KP, Shinobi and DD....I didn't even change whatever tallies I had on them....pure luck - must have been!

scott-5496
01-29-2019, 10:14 AM
Just started it up on manual and that team does work fine (used BBE instead of FFE though) and went through with virtually no damage at all. Not tried auto again but on manual that team seems to be fine.

BBE-Eternals
DD-Trap/Health/Adv
Shinobi-Life/Pred/Shell
KP-Warlord/Prime/Sustain

Also used a team with two DD that worked well - second DD had Shadow/Sustain.

There are maybe better tallies as these were just what I had on these characters anyway....again, I am super lazy! Not done auto but someone else had an auto team above I think so this is just a manual alternative at the moment!

Yup
01-29-2019, 12:10 PM
What is "DD" if not Doomsday? Death Dog?

Stormseye
01-29-2019, 12:13 PM
Sentinel Derby Demon

Knut-3112
01-29-2019, 12:33 PM
Guys, please do not use acronyms when referring to a specific character for the first time in a post. As you see, it makes things ambiguous and it shouldn't be a problem for anyone to type a few more letters.

Alvorada
01-29-2019, 02:40 PM
Benjamin Breeg starting with fury move to grant perfect immunity and then present power move to put perfect corruption on Shadow WE.

The sidekick are can be anyone. It is not fast, it is manual, but is safe.

And I have quite a few sentinel relics.

scott-5496
01-29-2019, 05:53 PM
My unfailing team on auto is

FFE-Eternals
S Derby Demon-Shadow/Sustain
Killer Prime-Prime/Warlord/Sustain
Assassin Banshee-Fate/Angel (think it also works OK with Prime/Barrier/Tranquility (think that ios what they are - two gold ones!)

Not the super fastest (2 mins or so I think) but no fails at all this afternoon on two mega refills. Order they hit/are set up seems to make a difference too so go with my layout above in order.

grayflannelsuit
01-29-2019, 05:54 PM
Man I really wish I had Benji, I get smoked on the last stage.

Fudjo
01-29-2019, 06:04 PM
Man I really wish I had Benji, I get smoked on the last stage.

The key is inflicting Perfect Corruption on Shadow Wickerman Eddie. Once that's in place, SWE drops quickly. Fear of the Dark Eddie can inflict Perfect Corruption.

MetalKing
01-29-2019, 08:01 PM
What teams can beat or auto the 15 sentinel challenge? I dont have sentinel lillith, or icarus or killer prime.

Yup
01-29-2019, 08:04 PM
You just need to have immunity and block buffs....

S Valkyrie worked great for me. And Breeg's Fury as first move at the bosses for immunity.

If you read up ^^^^^ there are several suggestions.

Fudjo
01-29-2019, 08:15 PM
What teams can beat or auto the 15 sentinel challenge? I dont have sentinel lillith, or icarus or killer prime.

The main things are getting perfect immunity, inflicting perfect corruption, and staying alive.

Eddies:
Benjamin Breeg Eddie
Fear of the Dark Eddie

Allies:
Sentinel Desert Guardian
Sentinel Corrupt Rescuer
Sentinel Valkyrie

Maybe Sentinel Undead Rescuer helps block beneficial effects?

LotBTrooper
01-29-2019, 09:13 PM
I thought the ferryman's health was meant to reduce by 5% per turn? Isn't happening for me, have had BBE alone against both of them for the last 15 minutes and it's just looping ad infinitum

Stormseye
01-29-2019, 09:33 PM
Because the Ferryman is wearing Hex talismans (which prevent Max HP down)

Just faced Patrice and Ferryman is quite nasty. Alexander Eddie was immune and Alchemist might be your only saving grace or anyone who can remove silver effects. Add a blocker in that build and you can expect to not have an issue with most builds including Assassin banshee/Blockers. PoM will be too slow. Serenity talismans are going to be valued a little bit more now. Musashi and Charlotte may be able to stave him off a bit.

Esquatcho
01-30-2019, 08:05 AM
Because the Ferryman is wearing Hex talismans (which prevent Max HP down)

Just faced Patrice and Ferryman is quite nasty. Alexander Eddie was immune and Alchemist might be your only saving grace or anyone who can remove silver effects. Add a blocker in that build and you can expect to not have an issue with most builds including Assassin banshee/Blockers. PoM will be too slow. Serenity talismans are going to be valued a little bit more now. Musashi and Charlotte may be able to stave him off a bit.

I had the ferryman in the arena today, granted a lower level team, but he was pretty easy - passive disabled with hallowed, then took him down really easily. But yeah, I think getting immunity and keeping it will be critical.

thealchemist
01-30-2019, 09:32 AM
I am noticing that Shadow Wickerman Ed, if he gains either a titan or force shield before applying either perfect corruption or block beneficial effects it cannot be removed. Is anyone else getting that? Its not stopping me from winning, it maybe just a visual bug but takes longer to kill it seems. If he gains invincibility thats easily removed and then he's toast. Weird.

LotBTrooper
01-30-2019, 01:47 PM
I know this thread is about the sentinel challenge (still looking for a team I can auto it with) but is anyone else having trouble getting the hard level/ warrior to record victories? Am winning on auto and they go to the overall total wins, but they aren't counting to the 15 required.

grayflannelsuit
01-30-2019, 03:46 PM
Make sure no one in your party is not warrior. I made the mistake of renting a sentinel backup Eddie once.

Tharen
01-31-2019, 03:36 PM
I've finally found a way to win on madness with only sentinels:
Eddies
Pharaon for its fury for the 4 first stages
Piece of Mind - past ability = perfect immunity for 2 turns, just enough to refill
Toons
Lilith S for perfect corruption
Angel of strife (Titan / Invisibility) for survability
Horus (eternal)

It is manual and long (15 to 20min) but it's just for 15 times ...
It is not a beginner' team, but with lesser characters than teams proposed previously.

Omnus
01-31-2019, 07:55 PM
Manual only so far, about 6 min. Took a while to find a combo I have that was capable. Have a trooper with Killer Prime available once a day and works faster than the Banshee.

Benj Eddie: paralysis/energy
Angel of strife: tranquility/quake
Ichiyou: blind/freezing
Banshee: blind/titan