PDA

View Full Version : Gates of Dawn (Dungeon) - The Ferryman + Limited Ed. Shadow Wicker Man Eddie Debut!

Leviathan
01-29-2019, 04:32 AM
Shadow Wicker Man Eddie and The Ferryman are making their Legacy of the Beast debut in a limited-time Dungeon!

From now until February 3rd at 4PM PT, battle in a limited time Dungeon and complete event challenges for Wicker Man Eddie Soul Fragments and new Talismans!

Venture into the Gates of Dawn dungeon and conquer crazed cultists! The first time you complete one of the 3 floors available, you will be granted with set rewards including Shadow Souls and Titan Talismans. All subsequent victories are guaranteed to provide Wicker Man Eddie Soul Fragments, as well as a chance of up to 2 bonus rewards, including Oracle Talismans.

Wicker Man Eddie fragments can be used in two different ways!

Use 400 Wicker Man Eddie Fragments to claim a Wicker Man Soul. The Wicker Man Soul is guaranteed to grant a 4★ Magus Wicker Man Eddie, a perfect addition if you ever accidently sacrificed this character!
Wicker Man Eddie Fragments can be used in the Special Store on limited time items such as Heroic Legendary Souls, Blood and Ancient Mariner Fragments, and the all new SHADOW SOUL!

The Shadow Soul is a limited time event soul which guarantees a 3★ to 5★ character of any class, with an an exclusive chance of getting The Ferryman and Shadow Wicker Man Eddie - a limited edition, fully skill sharded version of Wicker Man Eddie!

The Ferryman (5★ Magus): A devastating mage that cannot take damage from regular attacks! The Ferryman can only be damaged by Burns and damage over time effects and instead drains his own life by a small percentage each turn. He is capable of dooming all enemies with basic attack and removing Endure and Immortality effects, while granting magic charge and extra turns to his allies with his power skill.

Shadow Wicker Man Eddie (4★ Magus): This limited edition version of Wicker Man Eddie comes fully skill sharded and armed with the The Kindling passive, replacing the regular Wicker Man Eddie’s fury attack. This ability grants Immunity to Burn Effects to all allies, and has a 35% Chance to inflict a random burn effect on all enemies when you take damage. It will also heal all allies at the start of your turn based on the number of burn effects on each enemy!

The Ferryman and Shadow Wicker Man Eddie are ONLY available in the Shadow Soul.

Check out more on Shadow Wicker Man Eddie in his Character Discussions forum post. (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?11308-Shadow-Wicker-Man-Eddie-(Magus-Type))

Each Shadow Soul summoned will also grant bonus rewards of 10 Ferryman Fragments, and 10 Shadow Wicker Man Soul Fragments.

Collecting 750 Ferryman Soul Fragments guarantees The Ferryman, whereas 350 Shadow Wicker Man Soul Fragments guarantees the limited edition Shadow Wicker Man Eddie.

Event Bonus: Complete event challenges to earn a variety of rewards, including Shadow Soul Fragments and a full set of Hex Talismans!

Hex Talismans are purple talismans with a 3 set effect that is not available anywhere else! Equip them to gain immunity to Max HP Reduction Effects. These Talismans also Heal for 5% of your Max HP every turn and grant a 50% Chance to increase the duration of Negative Effects on each target by 1 every turn.

Finally, we have a few deals available in the store to help with gearing up Shadow Wicker Man Eddie and The Ferryman:

We have 2 Power up deals on offer! These packs provide Ironite, a bit of gold, 5★ XP Shards to power up a new Ferryman or Shadow Wicker Man Eddie! The Shadow Wicker Man Power Up Deal ALSO contains 100 Frontier Coins and 3★ Colourless Evo Shards!
Grab an additional boost of Wicker Man Eddie Soul Fragments to trade for more items in the Specials Store. This Fragment Mega Pack also contains Ancient Mariner Fragments, Frontier Coins, Ironite and more!
If you find yourself unable to complete the Oracle talisman set, you can buy two of the featured talisman for Ironite (i.e. the 500 Ironite pack will grant you 2x Oracle Talismans).

Amarthir
01-29-2019, 04:36 AM
Yeah so Shadow souls still are not available in the store for Wickerman fragments.

druid138
01-29-2019, 04:42 AM
Yeah so Shadow souls still are not available in the store for Wickerman fragments.

They are for me now. Scroll to the far left. The Shadow Souls and Soul Packs are now for fragments and not Ironite.

Devs - will Shadow Souls be obtainable with Ironite directly?

Amarthir
01-29-2019, 04:44 AM
They are for me now. Scroll to the far left. The Shadow Souls and Soul Packs are now for fragments and not Ironite.

Devs - will Shadow Souls be obtainable with Ironite directly?

Ah, correct I hadn't noticed that.

druid138
01-29-2019, 04:48 AM
I haven't done the math yet, but if Shadow Souls are only obtainable via event challenges and wicker man frags, it could be tough to get the 75 needed to guarantee The Ferryman before the event ends.

druid138
01-29-2019, 05:57 AM
I haven't done the math yet, but if Shadow Souls are only obtainable via event challenges and wicker man frags, it could be tough to get the 75 needed to guarantee The Ferryman before the event ends.

I hope someone can correct me on this.

75 Shadow Souls needed to guarantee The Ferryman
16 Shadow Souls from event challenges / achievements
59 Shadow Souls needed from the Store

Currently, they don't appear in the Store for Ironite, only for Wickerman Fragments.

You would essentially need to buy 6 of the 10-packs, costing a total of 15,000 Wickerman fragments. I'll do the math later on how many Madness runs and SoT refills that would take, but it's a ton. I'm hoping there will be a for-Ironite option as well.

Can we do a little tracking on the Wickerman fragment drops? I'll count my refills and watch my fragments, but it'd be awesome if a few others could do the same.

Stormseye
01-29-2019, 06:02 AM
This dungeon does not seem to be nearly as tough as prior dungeons.
My auto play teams:-

Easy
DDE
Osiris
Gunner Banshee
Gunner Lillith

Hard
Alexander Eddie
Charlotte
Sekhmet
Warrior Undead Warrior

Madness
Benji - Angel/Energy
Sentinel Desert Marauder - Eternal
Killer Prime - Immunity/Warlord/Sustinaing
Sentinel Troll - Shell/Fortune

Heals are great and Benji keeps Perfect Immunity up so no worries from Ferryman. Usually finishes in under 2:30 minutes. Best time was 1:01. Benji will often use Nightmares to Perfect Corrupt Wickerman Eddie and block his Destiny set. As long as you block his beneficial effects he is toast. Sentinel Lillith could also help as well as any ally or Eddie that can corrupt or block. You definitely want to have Perfect Immunity up though because if not you have about 1 round if Doom lands on you before you blow up. Cant wait to see the Arena paired with with Mystic Eddie and Ferrymen.

rags-6094
01-29-2019, 06:04 AM
This dungeon does not seem to be nearly as tough as prior dungeons.
My auto play teams:-

Easy
DDE
Osiris
Gunner Banshee
Gunner Lillith

Hard
Alexander Eddie
Charlotte
Sekhmet
Warrior Undead Warrior

Madness
Benji - Angel/Energy
Sentinel Desert Marauder - Eternal
Killer Prime - Immunity/Warlord/Sustinaing
Sentinel Troll - Shell/Fortune

Heals are great and Benji keeps Perfect Immunity up so no worries from Ferryman. Usually finishes in under 2:30 minutes. Best time was 1:01. Benji will often use Nightmares to Perfect Corrupt Wickerman Eddie and block his Destiny set. As long as you block his beneficial effects he is toast. Sentinel Lillith could also help as well as any ally or Eddie that can corrupt or block. You definitely want to have Perfect Immunity up though because if not you have about 1 round if Doom lands on you before you blow up. Cant wait to see the Arena paired with with Mystic Eddie and Ferrymen.

I can't believe that Stormseye KP is the only one I'm missing he can't make that much difference I simply cannot get past this one with anything I try...

Waffen
01-29-2019, 06:06 AM

Ok, so a raw math without taking into account the ironite we get from each dungeon run on madness looks somewhat like this:
Note: this is based on just 1 mega SOT refill and I was farming on madnessmode.

Total ferryman Frags needed: 750
Free Frags from achievements: ~ 200 (16 souls from achievements and first completion gives some for each mode)
Missing frags needed: 550 = 55 shadow souls
55 shadow souls from store = ~14000 wicker man fragments (10 souls @ 2500 frags)
Frags earned with 1 mega refil: 500
No of runs with 1 mega refill: ~50
Mega refills needed: 500 frags @ 1 mega refil for 14000 frags = 28 mega refils
Ironite required: 28 * 150 = 4200 ironite
Time to earn those frags: 1:30 secs each run * 1400 = 35 hours (40 hours if you include loading screens etc.)

Inishmore
01-29-2019, 07:29 AM
I can't believe that Stormseye KP is the only one I'm missing he can't make that much difference I simply cannot get past this one with anything I try...

I haven't tried out Stormseye's set up yet, but believe me KP does make one hell of a difference on nearly every level!

Relany
01-29-2019, 08:16 AM
I have one question about Ferryman. Has anyone succeeded to remove his passive? Or its passive is unblockable?

Knut-3112
01-29-2019, 09:23 AM
Autoreplay feature is broken! After running it, it says "Autoreplay has ended" after the first run. Am i the only one with this problem?

Yup
01-29-2019, 09:27 AM
yup.. auto-replay is hosed.. the "Special" items in the store (souls) have ungodly prices of fragments for them.... it's all messed up.

Testing.. testing.. we don't need no stinking testing!!!

Yup
01-29-2019, 09:29 AM
I have one question about Ferryman. Has anyone succeeded to remove his passive? Or its passive is unblockable?

For the battle you don't need to. Just kill Shadow Wicker and Ferryman dies too.

But good question. I've only ran it with sentinels which wont' disable passives.. will have to test.

Relany
01-29-2019, 09:36 AM
For the battle you don't need to. Just kill Shadow Wicker and Ferryman dies too.

But good question. I've only ran it with sentinels which wont' disable passives.. will have to test.
I know I don't need to disable passives, but I tried several times with Beast Eddie, nothing happened. I'm sure BE used to disable passives before the update, now I'm not sure if it's a BE problem, or Ferryman's passive is not possible to disable.

Knut-3112
01-29-2019, 09:54 AM
OK, after restarting the game the autoreplay seems to work fine, it seems.

As for the Ferryman's passive - I think he's treated like a boss in this dungeon so his passive cannot be disabled - in a similar way like the Banshee's passive cannot be disabled in Gold and Souls Vault.

Yup
01-29-2019, 09:57 AM
I ran through it a few times with The Prisoner.. no passive disables on the last battle. You may be right that Ferryman is immune to it.

OK, after restarting the game the autoreplay seems to work fine, it seems.

Depends on WHAT you are running... Seems to work fine on Normal.. doesn't work at all on Madness

hold
01-29-2019, 09:58 AM
If you are not after the Sentinel challenge and just for autofarm Madness:

- DDE (Fate / Angel)
- Sentinel Desert Guardian (Eternal)
- Assassin Valkyre (Angel / Nightmare / prevents Doom)
- Assassin Banshee (Radiant - and for obvious reasons in combination with a blocker)

not the fastest (3-5 minutes per run) but reliable so far ... need to try if POM is faster than DDE but on the other hand - never change a running system ...

Yup
01-29-2019, 10:02 AM
Charlotte (Echo), Alex Ed (Echo), G Banshee (primordials), Sehkmet (Echo) -- Roughly 1:15 per run.

scott-5496
01-29-2019, 10:53 AM
So much fun watching KP hit the boss when he has Perfect hit, Crit Strike and Acension on him.....utter devestation! LOL

Knut-3112
01-29-2019, 11:35 AM
For autofarming madness I use:
Doomsday Eddie - Shadow
Killer Prime - Shadow
Desert Marauder - Steel, Invisibility
Prisoner - Primordials

Opponents get devastated in under a minute.

@yup, in my case it happened on Hard, farming madness now and it works fine.

Muzzleloader
01-29-2019, 12:44 PM
I dont have fortune or sustaining talisman, but Stormseye sentinal team works. On manual it takes about 5 minutes to complete the battle.

hold
01-29-2019, 12:49 PM
Doomsday Eddie - Shadow
Killer Prime - Shadow
Prisoner - Primordials

@yup, in my case it happened on Hard, farming madness now and it works fine.

Thanks for that ... works great ... but my team needs 1:30 on average ... still more than twice as fast as my first team

Update: it's fast but got defeated twice ... so switched back to the 100% team :)

kgk56
01-29-2019, 01:05 PM
auto madness
- FFE
- Killer Prime
- Gunner Banshee
- Charlotte
1:05

hold
01-29-2019, 01:46 PM
auto madness
- FFE
- Killer Prime
- Gunner Banshee
- Charlotte
1:05

that one is awesome ... works like clockwork and seems to be really reliable plus very fast ...

Shaolin85london
01-29-2019, 02:13 PM

Sometimes goes on a loss tho, guess something needs to be change..

Nicko
01-29-2019, 02:17 PM
Ok, so a raw math without taking into account the ironite we get from each dungeon run on madness looks somewhat like this:

Free Frags from achievements: ~ 200 (16 souls from achievements and first completion gives some for each mode)
55 shadow souls from store = ~14000 wicker man fragments (10 souls @ 2500 frags)
Time to earn those frags: 1:30 secs each run * 1400 = 35 hours (40 hours if you include loading screens etc.)

Yeah, this is kind of crazy - it’s basically selling them for Ironite but making it a pain in the process - though this IS a game - so tough to complain about a reward based on playing

At the same time, it’s potentially not QUITE as bad as your calculation.

I’m using DDE, Killer Prime, (Both with Fate), Gunner Banshee, and Musashi (Primordial). Both Musashi and Banshee remove that pesky Invincibility from Shadow WME and this team finishes consistently under a minute. Best time is 31 seconds.

I’ve also seen a number of 18 frag drops. They’re not common, but at least they’ll make a small dent in the number of runs needed.

Waffen
01-29-2019, 03:27 PM
Yeah, this is kind of crazy - it’s basically selling them for Ironite but making it a pain in the process - though this IS a game - so tough to complain about a reward based on playing

At the same time, it’s potentially not QUITE as bad as your calculation.

I’m using DDE, Killer Prime, (Both with Fate), Gunner Banshee, and Musashi (Primordial). Both Musashi and Banshee remove that pesky Invincibility from Shadow WME and this team finishes consistently under a minute. Best time is 31 seconds.

I’ve also seen a number of 18 frag drops. They’re not common, but at least they’ll make a small dent in the number of runs needed.

I agree, my calculations are not quite accurate. But I just want to give a rough projection of what it may look like.
As for as ironite, taking ironite returns from farming and free SOT over the span of 6 days, my guess is the average ironite required to unlock ferryman would be somewhere around 3000 ironite.

But the average time spend farming the dungeon, I still think it’s close to 35 hours.
It may be slightly less for you depending on your relics and the team setup. But most players can’t finish a run in less than a minute due to lack of relics, toons and talismans.

But whatever it may end up being, ferryman is worth every last ironite spent. At least until they nerf them.

kgk56
01-29-2019, 03:46 PM
So far, 3 Oracle, some rare souls, some FC and Wickerman Eddie with 5000 frags ... still hunting the Ferryman

Ip4
01-29-2019, 04:35 PM
for auto i use:
BBE
ICARUS
DESERT GUARDIAN
ELF OF THE DAMNED

MetalKing
01-29-2019, 04:45 PM
What teams are good for auto the sentinel challenge? I have no icarus, no sentinel lillith, and no killer prime.

blade685
01-29-2019, 04:50 PM
for auto i use:
BBE
ICARUS
DESERT GUARDIAN
ELF OF THE DAMNED

what is your talismans and the time?

druid138
01-29-2019, 07:23 PM

Good math, amigo! I'm coming to a pretty similar conclusion. Over a large number of runs, it seems that one SoT refill will give you 9 runs (that includes the SoT it returns) and 100 fragments. This is based on Madness.

I believe we need to buy 59 Souls - we get 6 from passing the 3 dungeon difficulties the first time, and we get 10 from event challenges.

So, we need 6x 10-packs at 2,500 frags each. Or, 15,000 fragments total.

That means 150 SoT refills and 1,350 runs. Ignoring free SoT, you'll spend 4,500 Ironite on refills (though you'll get a chunk back in drops - plus all the other loot). The part that is really tough in my opinion is that each SoT refill takes about 20 minutes for me, translating to about 50 hours of farming over the next 6 days. That's in addition to any Arena, Gauntlet, SQs, etc. I need to find a way to quit my job but keep my income . . .

Also, that doesn't include any extra dungeon farming for frags to use on Ancient Mariner, etc.

Yup
01-29-2019, 07:48 PM
But soul packs WERE available for ironite (like they always are) yesterday.

infinite dreamer
01-29-2019, 08:01 PM
I need to find a way to quit my job but keep my income . . .

Damn, after breaking down the numbers, that was quite funny! Thanks, Good stuff druid

Esquatcho
01-29-2019, 08:12 PM

Thanks for the maths & seems I can just give up now and instead turn as much into get all the blood frags/heroic legendaries as possible once I've gotten shadow wicker man - Because there is no way Im going to get enough time, let alone ironite to get him! Just gotta hope for a heroic rotation some time & have a heap of heroic legendaries available!

druid138
01-29-2019, 08:22 PM
Damn, after breaking down the numbers, that was quite funny! Thanks, Good stuff druid

Haha, thanks man! I wish it were solely an attempt at humor. After the Arena week last week, I need to catch up a bit at work. I hope I'm not in an even worse spot a week from now due to Ferryman farming. ;)

infinite dreamer
01-29-2019, 08:57 PM
Haha, thanks man! I wish it were solely an attempt at humor. After the Arena week last week, I need to catch up a bit at work. I hope I'm not in an even worse spot a week from now due to Ferryman farming. ;)

I hear ya, thank God for auto play while I'm at work. The downside is I'm in and out all day. I'm actually in good shape with ironite, time on the other hand...

Muzzleloader
01-29-2019, 09:17 PM
The one good thing that is coming out of these ridiculous challenges, some of us are getting used to not having every toon. Many complained that it was almost impossible to earn The Beast, now it is hardly used. The Emporer and The Killer are two more examples. I am happy that I am taking a break from the game and wont be disappointed if my nephew doesnt pull SWE or the Ferryman

Waffen
01-29-2019, 09:26 PM
Good math, amigo! I'm coming to a pretty similar conclusion. Over a large number of runs, it seems that one SoT refill will give you 9 runs (that includes the SoT it returns) and 100 fragments. This is based on Madness.

I believe we need to buy 59 Souls - we get 6 from passing the 3 dungeon difficulties the first time, and we get 10 from event challenges.

So, we need 6x 10-packs at 2,500 frags each. Or, 15,000 fragments total.

That means 150 SoT refills and 1,350 runs. Ignoring free SoT, you'll spend 4,500 Ironite on refills (though you'll get a chunk back in drops - plus all the other loot). The part that is really tough in my opinion is that each SoT refill takes about 20 minutes for me, translating to about 50 hours of farming over the next 6 days. That's in addition to any Arena, Gauntlet, SQs, etc. I need to find a way to quit my job but keep my income . . .

Also, that doesn't include any extra dungeon farming for frags to use on Ancient Mariner, etc.

I am keeping track of numbers with all my refills and should have more accurate estimate. But no matter how I look at it, the farming time is still 40+ hours. I’ll post my findings in few hours.

Btw how is the drop rate on these souls? I have opened about 20 souls so far and no red eyes, at this rate I don’t expect ferryman to drop from these souls for me.

Also, I wish there is a way for the auto farming to happen on the server side lol (ik ik, I’m just kidding :D )
I am sick of not being able to use my phone when I need it, because it is busy grinding.

druid138
01-29-2019, 09:32 PM
I am keeping track of numbers with all my refills and should have more accurate estimate. But no matter how I look at it, the farming time is still 40+ hours. I’ll post my findings in few hours.

Btw how is the drop rate on these souls? I have opened about 20 souls so far and no red eyes, at this rate I don’t expect ferryman to drop from these souls for me.

Also, I wish there is a way for the auto farming to happen on the server side lol (ik ik, I’m just kidding :D )
I am sick of not being able to use my phone when I need it, because it is busy grinding.

Cool, thanks! I've opened 19 so far - 2 Shadow Wicker Man Eddies, a 4* dupe, and the rest 3*.

Symbiote
01-29-2019, 11:00 PM
I have a theory why we only get grinding events.., they use our phones to generate bitcoins..,
Everytime we grind and grind and grind our phone is active, and the game is connected to their servers..,

I even don't know how bitcoins and that stuff works.., but this idea i had i found funny. xD
Because this isn't a "game" anymore.., it's just a fucking grinding machine..,

But i really like the desing of the ferry man.., looks a bit to much like Grimreaper Ed.., but it's nice..,
The Shadow Wicker Man looks crazy.., it looks like Black Spiderman. hahaha xD What's one of my favorite heros.., because i really love the Idea of the Symbiote and Venom.., but what's up with his head.., looks like he ran into a saw. :D

The best thing on this GRIND Event is, if you Game freezes everytime after some runs at the Boss fight.., every stand around and is chilling his idle animation.., and nothing happens. xD

GrimDusk
01-29-2019, 11:07 PM
Will the Ferryman be available elsewhere at a later date?

HuckFinn150
01-29-2019, 11:56 PM
I pulled him and he's impressive, but I'm low on shards and runes to upgrade talismans. But even at 54 and talismans at 3 start he's something else.

Waffen
01-30-2019, 12:04 AM
Ok so based on 3 mega refills and below is what I received on an average per refill:

Difficulty: madness
Average completion time: 1:30 mins
Wicker man fragments: 460 ( I failed on an average of 2 times per refill, so could have been 480) so let’s go with 480.
Ironite: 36.5
Rare souls: 3
Time taken: 1hr 40 mins
Frontier Coins: I forgot to make a note of what I started with but I think approximately 10-20
Sand of war: 18
Xp runes: didn’t count.
Gold: approx 500 K

So here is what we might need based on the above drop rates:

Souls needed: 59 (excluding the free 16 souls)
Wicker man fragments needed: 15000
Mega refills needed: 31.25
Ironite needed: 4687 - 1140 (ironite drops) = 3547
Total grind time: ~52 hours

This is based on average from just 3 mega refills so the end results might vary slightly. But this should give a good ballpark. Also, depending on your relics, you can finish runs 20-30 secs faster and save few hours.

Happy grinding!!! My opinion is we should either go all in or just finish the achievements and fingers crossed we might get ferryman from soul drop. I would hate to put in 30 hours of work and run out of ironite or patience, that would be a waste.

druid138
01-30-2019, 12:28 AM
Happy grinding!!! My opinion is we should either go all in or just finish the achievements and fingers crossed we might get ferryman from soul drop. I would hate to put in 30 hours of work and run out of ironite or patience, that would be a waste.

Thanks for the update! So you saw around 7 Ironite returned on average for every refill? I haven't tracked this myself, but that sounds generally consistent with what I happen to see casually. That will make a nice dent in the total Ironite needed for refills. I'm going all in.

Ancient Mariner
01-30-2019, 12:40 AM
This game requires more and more time to dedicate everyday with the time passing by, if you want to get all the stuff.. Not good :/

BTW, for once I got a lot of ironite to spend, they change the way to get event souls and claim the ferryman �� too long and boring to get all the 75 souls required, I give up

Muzzleloader
01-30-2019, 01:00 AM
Does anyone have a number on the drop rate of oracle talisman?

druid138
01-30-2019, 01:05 AM
Does anyone have a number on the drop rate of oracle talisman?

I just now hit my 300th run, almost all of them on Madness. I have seen 2 Oracles so far.

Alvorada
01-30-2019, 01:53 AM
Will the Ferryman be available elsewhere at a later date?

Good question The launch statement does not say anything about this toons in heroic souls rotation.

In opposition, exclusive characters like redan, daedalus, count, was launched with this notice.

kkkreg5
01-30-2019, 02:01 AM
Did they ever answer why Shadow Wicker is not "fully" sharded?

Fudjo
01-30-2019, 02:38 AM

Huh. Mine's missing a couple:

druid138
01-30-2019, 02:46 AM

Today's new game data fixed it - they now appear to be dropping fully sharded. But, the one I dropped yesterday was missing two skill shards (same as Fudjo) and wasn't fixed with the new game data.

Fudjo
01-30-2019, 03:02 AM
Today's new game data fixed it - they now appear to be dropping fully sharded. But, the one I dropped yesterday was missing two skill shards (same as Fudjo) and wasn't fixed with the new game data.

I'm certainly not unhappy about getting 19 free skill shards, but it's a bug. Mine came from a Shadow Soul rather than from fragments, if that matters.

Waffen
01-30-2019, 04:09 AM
Cool, thanks! I've opened 19 so far - 2 Shadow Wicker Man Eddies, a 4* dupe, and the rest 3*.

I have opened another 14 souls (that’s a total of 34 so far) and no red eyes......
i am tempted to say it’s a glitch but I know it’s just rng... oh well, maybe tomorrow will be different.

rags-6094
01-30-2019, 05:29 AM
I have only opened 9 so far and the same result, I have a fairly experienced theory on what goes on for me personally, Because I spend money or have spent money in game, mainly for ironite to secure more opportunities to perhaps nab a few new souls, there is an individual algorithm for every one of us based on our in game habits.

The more money you spend the harder it will get, the algorithm is designed to trap gamblers, save your dollars, and in time you will see the results, trust me I have burnt too much money with no results for all of us.... if you could sift through the right forum archives you'd see my rants and words of warning everywhere... anyway good luck with it!

blade685
01-30-2019, 11:16 AM
Shadow Wicker was not "fully" sharded yesterday and i used 2 skill shard, we will have them back?

scott-5496
01-30-2019, 11:16 AM
Are there folks on here going for both characters through farming? I am pretty much going for it as but it wil use most if not all of my banked ironite (assuming I can get it is with just over 3.3k ironite.

I am not sure at all about it but I might as well as I can auto grind madness all day long if I need to. I have no luck with souls ever really so I am pretty sure I need to farm to win.

Anyone else doing the same at all? I would like both but not sure if I can do it so I may need to actually buy some ironite! The horror!

Yup
01-30-2019, 11:27 AM
I got Shadow Wicker Ed via a drop early on, and have enough frags to claim another if I want.. but they've made it so you never know if you SHOULD covert the frags or watch for something else to purchase with them. Having multiple locations to use multiple items to purchase multiple goods is, well, I think, intentionally.. well... yeah...

I managed to buy a bunch of souls via ironite before they switched it to fragments, so I only need around 150 frags for the Ferryman. If I finish the achievements, I'll need around 10 more souls.. so.. yeah... farming to get 2500 Wicker frags. About 1K left to get, but I did get about 1K today via 2 mega-refills. And that's assuming Ferryman doesn't drop from one of the Achievement reward souls. It just feels like it's taking foooooorrrrreeeeeevvvvvveeeeerrrrrrr. I gotta say.. not fun.. .... They do knwo this is supposed to be "fun" right? Not feel like a chore. I think they forget much of the time.

Liu
01-30-2019, 01:11 PM
I'd like the ferryman obviously, but I have neither enough ironite left, nor do I have a team that can reliably beat madness. For the suggestions made so far I'm lacking either talismans or the toons. So ...

Muzzleloader
01-30-2019, 01:32 PM
For anyone out there that earns the Ferryman by frags only you are certainly dedicated to the game. That is why I will never be a top player. This event definetly was made for the excessive grinder in mind when developed. Good luck to all of you grinders out there.

kgk56
01-30-2019, 01:34 PM
For anyone out there that earns the Ferryman by frags only you are certainly dedicated to the game. That is why I will never be a top player. This event definetly was made for the excessive grinder in mind when developed. Good luck to all of you grinders out there.

Well I will try (got 5000 when I woke up this morning ... means only 3 days for 15000) ... and I want to complete the 6 Oracle set (4 so far)

Thus I still have to finish the Arena Challenge (726 wins actually)

Symbiote
01-30-2019, 01:54 PM
wtf.., i can't grind this shit..,

every couple minutes this fucking shit freezes at the boss level..,

Does someone have the same problems?

Symbiote
01-30-2019, 01:55 PM

This Event?

This whole "Game" is now made to grind 24/7.., since MONTHS.., because they don't have an idea to make a great game.., just a fucking grinding bullshit machine.., with bugs over bugs.., and the try to make money out of idiots who are willing to throw their money to this OVERPRICED digital Bullshit!

I didn't play Night City for WEEKS.., after the release Event ended.,. i ended to play it because we are "forced" to GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND or we just leave this crap..,

I'm not far away to leave this "game" forever.., because they ruin it..,

THEY RUIN IT!

I mean new Content and Characters are nice.., but this Event thing is the biggest shit they ever involved in this game..,
Here and there an Event would be great.., and the rest would be INGAME integrated long time goals .., but no..,

This game started very good and got ruined very fast..,

Muzzleloader
01-30-2019, 02:06 PM
Symbiote, if the game has become so unbearable why dont you take a break. There is no reason to play a game that all you do is complain about how terrible it has become to grind.

TheAlbatross-1864
01-30-2019, 02:15 PM
Anyone got a good team for auto madness?

Muzzleloader
01-30-2019, 02:20 PM
There are several teams discussed in this thread on previous pages.

Symbiote
01-30-2019, 02:24 PM
Symbiote, if the game has become so unbearable why dont you take a break. There is no reason to play a game that all you do is complain about how terrible it has become to grind.

Yeah, that's a really good question... :D

It's i started playing it January 2017.., i loved it.., and i invested a lot of time to get things.., and it brought trough very hard times in Life because it was really enjoyable., there were rewards for playing the game and achieving some goals.., with the possibilaty to achieve this in "your OWN time"..,

Then they brought events to us, because they decided not to give us content, enjoyable things..,
no just Events.., they told us they will change the way to play Troopers FASTER.., they gave us auto-replay function.., at first i loved this feature.., but as we should see very soon.., it was just a way to let us GRIND 24/7.., it wasn't FOR the players.., it was only a feature to fuck up this game..,

And AGAIN.., i have the 5th-7th freeze on the Boss Level in this new crap EVENT.., how should we GRIND GRIND GRIND .., if the game freezes after 5 runs?

The thing is.., that i every time try to enjoy again.., and can't just leave.., but i'm not far away.., they don't want to make this game bug free.., they only want money.., they chose the way of money, not the way to make a great game.., and for game developers it's the worst way you could chose..,

I really would love to see the people behind the scenes.., how they plan things.., in my imagation they all were glasses with Dollars on it. xD

Yeah and after FREEZE OVER FREEZE now i shut down this bullshit..,
This game uses more time of my phones battery on one day than i would in a week!!

Yeah.., sorry i'm just disappointed a very ragey right now. xD

kgk56
01-30-2019, 03:02 PM
Since I stopped using Wifi and only using 4G, I have less freezes (in fact I don't remember if I had since, maybe 1 or 2, but no more)

Liebhild
01-30-2019, 03:03 PM
@Symbiote
+1

desprezo
01-30-2019, 04:07 PM
I've been awfully busy this past fews days, and only today I was able to try madness with sentinel.

First try:

Benji - Eternal
Sentinel Desert Guardian - Eternal
Icarus - Advantage + Destiny
Sentinel Troll - Shell + Destiny

No time to think about talisman setup, so I went for the obvious, got a victory but took 13 minutes!!! ROTFL

mikmar
01-30-2019, 04:13 PM
What's the best place to grind for wickerman fragments ?? Easy, Hard or Madness ??

Muzzleloader
01-30-2019, 04:20 PM
Per battle/SoT madness gives the most.

Muzzleloader
01-30-2019, 04:27 PM
Desprezo, it's that that difficult. When you come to SWE and Ferryman. First round put disable passive on Eddie and use Benjis fury for perfect immunity. Second round use benji to put perfect corruption on SWE, then he goes down easy. Dont worry about the ferryman.

Saigrim
01-30-2019, 05:13 PM
I, like several of you, was set in for the long grinding haul. Had the ironite for the refills and could just set on auto at work or home and check on it every now and then. Went to bed last night after filling my SoT to around 1500. Woke up with the last of the achievements completed and enough Wicker frags for my second ten pack soul purchase. Well, for a wonder the Ferryman popped out of the thirteen current stones I had. So I ended up with 360 Ferryman fragments and spent just over 1k in ironite. Sun shines on a dogs ass once in awhile it seems. It’s just that over the past year my dogs ass has been overcast with constant cloud cover!

Good luck to you guys still on the hunt!

Saigrim
01-30-2019, 05:31 PM
I have only opened 9 so far and the same result, I have a fairly experienced theory on what goes on for me personally, Because I spend money or have spent money in game, mainly for ironite to secure more opportunities to perhaps nab a few new souls, there is an individual algorithm for every one of us based on our in game habits.

The more money you spend the harder it will get, the algorithm is designed to trap gamblers, save your dollars, and in time you will see the results, trust me I have burnt too much money with no results for all of us.... if you could sift through the right forum archives you'd see my rants and words of warning everywhere... anyway good luck with it!

This right here! I’ve already figured this out. Seemed like the more I spent, the less I got. Not until I stop the money train for awhile does the shit seem to turn around. I don’t mind spending a little money on this game. Kick in a little for their work, ( hell, I just dropped $20 last night ) and I’m a Maiden fan to the core since my first album in 1983. Think I was about fifteen. But goddamnit, they need to give back, and some of these newer packs are chintzy on what’s in them. I usually hold out for the good ironite packs, or at least relevant items in them.

desprezo
01-30-2019, 06:13 PM
Desprezo, it's that that difficult. When you come to SWE and Ferryman. First round put disable passive on Eddie and use Benjis fury for perfect immunity. Second round use benji to put perfect corruption on SWE, then he goes down easy. Dont worry about the ferryman.

I guess that's what happened, I wasn't even looking, it was on auto.
Thanks for the tips.

Fudjo
01-30-2019, 06:20 PM
I, like several of you, was set in for the long grinding haul. Had the ironite for the refills and could just set on auto at work or home and check on it every now and then. Went to bed last night after filling my SoT to around 1500. Woke up with the last of the achievements completed and enough Wicker frags for my second ten pack soul purchase. Well, for a wonder the Ferryman popped out of the thirteen current stones I had. So I ended up with 360 Ferryman fragments and spent just over 1k in ironite. Sun shines on a dogs ass once in awhile it seems. It’s just that over the past year my dogs ass has been overcast with constant cloud cover!

Many thanks for the info! If it's just over 1000 Ironite to get 360 Ferryman fragments, that's not so bad. Probably 2500 total or so to reach 750 fragments.

Natasmai
01-30-2019, 06:26 PM
I just now hit my 300th run, almost all of them on Madness. I have seen 2 Oracles so far.

as with the last dungeon, I ran 500 runs on normal mode. I have gotten a full set of Oracles. Just run the normal mode.

HuckFinn150
01-30-2019, 06:33 PM
I've been using a combo of FFE (invisiblilty, energy), FotD (echo, stone), and Benji (invisibility, paralysis). For toons I am using Elf (steel, energy), Ichiyppu (health, iron, ivory), Val (burning, crystal, ascension). It works, but is slow as a snail. I don't think I will finish this. I am really wanting the talismans. I have 2 and am at this point hoping they'll become available again somewhere else. In the last 2 days I've only had time to do 4 wins on this. I wish they wouldn't be so time consuming. I finish one battle and turn it off, due to being tired and feeling bad for the wasted real time. I wish there was a way to either get the time down or be able to auto the level. I can auto it by mixing the classes, but that doesn't get me the 3rd talisman. 5 - 10 minutes a battle is just not very realistic. I quit using Horus due to not being able to stun the bosses. I am using my heaviest hitters and it works, but only manually. The Desert Gaurdian is too weak to survive long enough to be of use to me. Same with my Derby girl and Banshee, They survive, but do so little damage that my Eddie gets killed before I get him beat.

Saigrim
01-30-2019, 06:49 PM
Many thanks for the info! If it's just over 1000 Ironite to get 360 Ferryman fragments, that's not so bad. Probably 2500 total or so to reach 750 fragments.

That’s just a rough estimate, Fudjo, but yes, going by the earlier math that’s been posted I noticed after every mega refill my item totals were quite a bit higher than what they were posting. I realized early on it was’nt going to take as much total ironite to realize the goal. Time was the biggest factor, and making sure you have a team that won’t fail on madness while you’re away. I used FFE, KP, GBanshee, and Charlotte. I only came back to my phone one time to see they had lost in all the runs I burned through.

Realize, 160 of those were from Event stones. I only bought two of the ten packs.

Yup
01-30-2019, 06:54 PM
What's the best place to grind for wickerman fragments ?? Easy, Hard or Madness ??

Madness 10 or 18 frags per run

infinite dreamer
01-30-2019, 06:59 PM

Congrats Saigrim, that's awesome! Stories like this encourage me to keep grinding. (on a side note, thanks to whoever's idea it was to include Val on the madness team. BB Eddie, Val, KP and gunner banshee are very reliable)

Fudjo
01-30-2019, 09:28 PM
Doomsday Eddie - Shadow
Killer Prime - Shadow
Prisoner - Primordials

Can confirm. My best time with this team is 33 seconds. It's not 100% perfect - you might lose one fight in a hundred, but otherwise runs well. Definitely put Shell or True talismans on Doomsday Eddie to prevent this Wave 1 scenario:

- Two Harpies get Invisbility
- Doomsday Eddie doesn't get the resurrect buff from the Primordials
- You don't auto-cleanse the Invisibility
- The two Harpies both score Critical hits and kill DDE

Luckily this didn't happen to me, as DDE resurrected, but I made sure to correct his talismans for the next run.

Cefiar
01-30-2019, 09:36 PM
Madness gives the best results for grinding. I'm using FFE, Gunner Banshee, Killer Prime and Assassin Banshee as my grind team and for me it's about 1m45s average with Auto, tho I've gotten as low as 1m06s.

With Sentinel Madness I used FFE, Killer Prime, Sentinel Banshee and Sentinel Corrupt Rescuer. In hindsight I could have probably used Witch Doctor instead of Sentinel Corrupt Rescuer and gotten slightly better results.

In all cases, you want to try and get Perfect Corruption on any of the characters that have Destiny (eg: Shadow Wicker Eddie) as soon as possible, so that the Destiny talismans are effectively negated. Anything that help like this with talismans is worth it here. eg: Primordials. Anything that also strips off beneficial effects (either talismans, passives or attacks) is a good bet.

Amarthir
01-30-2019, 10:02 PM
Finally crawled my way to 2,500 Wickerman fragments and bought my first 10 pack and what a surprise out popped speed of light Eddie along with 9 other 3* characters. That makes 21 opened souls so far with just 1 4* character.

At least I'm getting some good ironite returns. The 10 ironite reward tends to pop up often on my rewards.

Yup
01-30-2019, 11:36 PM
I'm getting more Skill Shards form farming the dungeon than I did on a Vortex fill this afternoon .... oh the irony

Fudjo
01-30-2019, 11:52 PM
I'm getting more Skill Shards form farming the dungeon than I did on a Vortex fill this afternoon .... oh the irony

Take your luck where you can find it, I guess! :)

Nekroliun
01-31-2019, 03:04 AM
I come to say

This is hard. Does he have immunity to passive disable btw? Cus my boy gringo's hallowed couldnt disable shit

Fudjo
01-31-2019, 03:06 AM
I come to say

This is hard. Does he have immunity to passive disable btw? Cus my boy gringo's hallowed couldnt disable shit

Use Perfect Corruption or Block Beneficial Effects instead of Disable Passive.

GrimDusk
01-31-2019, 04:16 AM
Just got a mega pack, got two four stars but no Shadow Wicker Man Ed or Ferryman. This may be a while.

druid138
01-31-2019, 04:21 AM
Just got a mega pack, got two four stars but no Shadow Wicker Man Ed or Ferryman. This may be a while.

Keep grinding, man!

druid138
01-31-2019, 05:30 AM
Okay, just made it to the halfway point of The Ferryman Grind. Here are updated drop stats:

68 SoT refills bought with Ironite
~8 SoT refills accumulated for free
~76 SoT refills total (right on pace with our early estimates)

30 Souls from Store (using frags)
13 Souls from achievements / rewards (3 remaining)

2x Shadow Wicker Man Eddie
2x 4* dupes
39x 3*

25 Rare Souls
12 Skill Shards
5 Oracle Talismans
290 Frontier Coins

Also, decent Ironite drops to ease the pain a bit of buying refills. Plus, a ton of SoW.

Overall, I'd say a pretty decent return on Ironite. Even ignoring The Ferryman at the end, the other loot alone is probably worth the Ironite, not to mention any domino effects from sacrificing all these Shadow Soul and Rare Soul characters, especially with the tuning update that now gives Epic Soul frags with Rare Soul redemptions.

Cefiar
01-31-2019, 06:11 AM
I think my biggest annoyance with this event is that the cost of Shadow Souls for Wickerman soul Fragments is too high vs how many you get per run through the dungeon (on Madness).

I've completed the dungeon 416 times now (as of this post) with at least 350 of those on the Madness level (probably more), and so far I've earned 4277 Wickerman soul fragments.

That's not even enough to get the Shadow Soul mega pack twice (2500 x 2).

As there's no way to get Shadow Souls except through grinding away or from the event rewards, this puts a definite crimp on earning enough fragments for a Ferryman (which so far has eluded me thru Shadow Souls).

I suspect I'll be able to complete it and pull Ferryman from fragments (unless I'm lucky enough to pull the Ferryman from a Shadow Soul first), but it will take a huge amount of grinding - and the main issue isn't the sands of time, as much as it is just being in the game all the time! So glad I've got a separate device rather than doing this on my phone, as I doubt I'd have any chance at all.

Basically IMO: Either the fragments awarded need a slight boost, or the cost of the Shadow soul packs needs to drop. eg: 2000 for a mega-pack.

angelkelly
01-31-2019, 06:25 AM
I’m honestly done. The farming is beyond my capabilities, my eyes ache and my back is sore from all the sitting up.
Anyway, good luck to those that will continue to run this never ending marathon.

Yup
01-31-2019, 08:08 AM
Get this.. Finally farmed enough to get the last 880 Wicker frags in order to get the LAST 3 souls I need to hit 750 Ferryman frags...

guess what drops in those last 3 souls..

yup.. Ferryman...

so Ferryman dropped and I was at 750 frags for another one. So now I have 2...

After some testing... not overly impressed with his PvP prowess against stronger characters (FFE, Alchemist, KillerPrime, Madam, The Count, Osiris, A Banshee, G Banshee, Doomsday, Hallowed, etc). He's easily killed and made inconsequential. The A Banshee + Blocker is still better as far as I can tell.

As for swapping souls for frags compared to souls for $$.. I would bet they lost revenue. No one really wants to grind this much in one area all the time spending all SOT on the same thing. The rewards are decent, but frags should really be 10, 18, 35 or 10,25, 50 (on madness). I will say it cost me MUCH less ironite to grind to 2500 frags than it would have to spend ironite on a soul megapack.

The grinding is shit though... horrible thing to force players to do in order to get rewards.

scott-5496
01-31-2019, 11:01 AM
I am still grinding through this one, but that is fine because I can plug in the iphone and set it on auto madness all day long - though I have had two fails with my team which is super odd considering how many mega refilss I have done! Oh well, it was in the waking hours so nothing lost really!

I got the new Eddie last night and should have Ferryman later on today or tomorrow. Like others have said the other loot you get is decent - lots of SoW, Ironite and so many colourless shards that I keep getting stack overflows....but I did need to upgrade a lot of the old trash characters I suppose so no loss there! Quite decent gold too but then just using that on doing the upgrades.

All in all I am totally OK with this event because I can do it! Also helps that I got my individual compensation for the third party bug that I had for several days - that has been a very significant help on this event!!

I'll be interested to see what my ironite is like once I finish this event - I started with 3,059 and thought I would need to spend almost all of that to get the two caharacters. I doubt that, going on where I am now but will wait to see. As I said the compensation was a big help!

Cheers

Ip4
01-31-2019, 12:18 PM
Scott that is very bad for your battery,never use phone when charging is active...

Nicko
01-31-2019, 12:59 PM
Scott that is very bad for your battery,never use phone when charging is active...

Myth...

http://https://www.apple.com/shop/question/answers/readonly/tag/iphone/does-it-damage-my-battery-if-i-use-my-iphone-6-while-charging/QJ4P2X2944T7X7HH2 (http://www.apple.com/shop/question/answers/readonly/tag/iphone/does-it-damage-my-battery-if-i-use-my-iphone-6-while-charging/QJ4P2X2944T7X7HH2)

Esquatcho
01-31-2019, 12:59 PM
I come to say

I know right!? I found out the hard way... Was the same with the Krampus dungeon before. Its like they dont want us using Hallowed in these dungeons! :'(

scott-5496
01-31-2019, 02:24 PM

Well it has never been a problem and I have done this for years - it is old and the work are going to upgrade me to iphone X (it is a 6 XS - the big one that I have) and never been a bother. My battery is old but it seems to be fine as it is nearly always plugged in at home or in the car on trips (it connects to the media system in my car so it runs all my stuff!)

Mizrael
01-31-2019, 03:01 PM
Dear Devs,
So i’ve finished all the event missions, opened all 16 Souls and didn’t get SotwmE nor The Ferryman...

How the FUCK am i supposed to get 590 more fragments to get them both now? The Souls can only be bought through rough 24/7 grinding of the dungeon. I need to gather 2500 fragments to get 10 of them (equals 250 madness wins for 10 SoT each, eqals 2500 SoT)?!?!?!

So basically, i would have to do 1500 more madness battles, costing me 5500 Ironite in mega SoT refills to buy 59 more Souls...
Is that right?! Am i missing something?! Did you guys do this simple math, before setting up the prices?! WTF!!!

MetalKing
01-31-2019, 03:10 PM
They have the event pack with 1500 fragments for $19.99 if you weren't lucky enough to pull the souls during game play. Which I wasn't lucky either.

scott-5496
01-31-2019, 03:13 PM
Dear Devs,
So i’ve finished all the event missions, opened all 16 Souls and didn’t get SotwmE nor The Ferryman...

How the FUCK am i supposed to get 590 more fragments to get them both now? The Souls can only be bought through rough 24/7 grinding of the dungeon. I need to gather 2500 fragments to get 10 of them (equals 250 madness wins for 10 SoT each, eqals 2500 SoT)?!?!?!

So basically, i would have to do 1500 more madness battles, costing me 5500 Ironite in mega SoT refills to buy 59 more Souls...
Is that right?! Am i missing something?! Did you guys do this simple math, before setting up the prices?! WTF!!!

I have had to farm to get these two and I will get Ferryman today or tomorrow. I have had to farm all day, each day so far (pretty much) as i had no luck as usual with souls. The ironite cost is nowhere near what you said due to getting a fair pile through the grinding of madness. I had thought it would cost closer to 3k or just a bit more and that looks about right with where I am. But due to picking up ironite on the grind I may end up only maybe 1500 or so down on where I was...nto sure on that as not checked but my ironite is still in decent shape even doing mega refill after mega refill.

kgk56
01-31-2019, 03:30 PM
I did farming too on level madness (I was lucky to get the Shadow Wicker-Man with the 2nd batch of mega pack). One night more and I will get enough frags to buy the Ferryman and a 2 SWM. After I will grind only the day for the Ancient Mariner frags and try to get the last 1 Oracle talisman I'm missing.

Waffen
01-31-2019, 03:33 PM

Couple months ago I would not have agreed with you. But now I am in the same boat as you and I believe there is an algorithm to give better odds to players that don’t put money into this game, to kinda give them a motivation or to get them addicted. I have seen more than couple players lower than lvl 100 running ferryman in their defense this morning.

Or maybe end of the day it just comes down to rng.
Either way, I am done spending money in this game. I still like the game and will continue to play it for the time being.

kgk56
01-31-2019, 03:39 PM
Either way, I am done spending money in this game. I still like the game and will continue to play it for the time being.
Same here.

Btw, did anybondy grab the Wicker-Man Ed soul as a reward ?

Another Question : the original WME was a natural 3* born (I know because I asked for a swap last week), the newest is a 4*. Is the original one become a 4* too ?

edsel
01-31-2019, 04:03 PM
Same here.

Another Question : the original WME was a natural 3* born (I know because I asked for a swap last week), the newest is a 4*. Is the original one become a 4* too ?

Both event characters dropped for me using only 10 souls gotten from completing each difficulty level first time and frags from the 52 battles I did to complete the challenges. I have a conspiracy theory. My second account that got both of these was started a few months ago, seemed to rain 5 stars initially. Even now event characters drop way easier than main account that has most everything good maxed and sharded. Like there is a threshold that gets achieved and the flow of good character drops becomes harder to achieve, forcing you to spend time/ironite/$ to get what few characters are missing. Lower level accounts are given candy to get them hooked, advanced accounts are blocked to promote spending out of desperation to get that one last missing character.

New characters are getting better and getting them to stay competitive is required. I am doing whatever I can to ensure enough of them come my way, but spending hundreds of &/month on event souls to get each new one is surely what NF would like all of us to do.

Wyphy
01-31-2019, 04:15 PM
Same here.

I would suspect not, didn't happen with magus snowman I had from last year.
Accidentally cashed in for snowman, and then I had two, a 3 and a 4 star.

FabioMcBaltz
01-31-2019, 06:11 PM
Crave does not work against those two... And Prisoner does not disable passives ... WTF....

Chaosego888
01-31-2019, 07:43 PM
Another Question : the original WME was a natural 3* born (I know because I asked for a swap last week), the newest is a 4*. Is the original one become a 4* too ?They have changed this a couple times I think. Back when I got Wicker Man Eddie from an Ailing Kingdom reward he was either a 1 or 2 star. At the same time the original Eddie, Wicker Man Eddie and Soldier Eddie all used to drop as 4 stars until they were removed from the soul pool.

R1ck
01-31-2019, 07:49 PM
Just got enough fragments to buy souls and get SWE, as i am interested only on him maybe I stop this damned grinding. Don't have enough ironite for The Ferryman but was wondering to keep farming a little more to buy ancient Mariner fragments or blood soul fragments.

Symbiote
01-31-2019, 08:10 PM
@Symbiote
+1

Thank you man..,

Good to know, that someones the same opinion..

It's sad to see how they ruin this game which starts soooo good.., and for us Iron Maiden Fans..,
:( But money changes people.., but this shows what a game studio is after.., Money or making a cool game.

I mean.., really guys.., do you really ENJOY this useless 24/7 farming?
Do no one want's a GAME? Just a grinding machine to put your phone on your charger 24 hours a day the whole week?
AND pay Money for this?

wtf happend to the gaming industry.., luckily there are so many indie developers who really LOVE their BABYS and want to make something that's brings FUN to the player..,

YEAH let us make a game in the Name of Iron Maiden.., THIS could be give us money from stupid fans..

Buy a FULL GAME for 5-30 dollars? or maybe 3 games for this price.
Nooooo for what if i can just buy digital shit for over 100 Dollars. xxx'D

Symbiote
01-31-2019, 08:19 PM
Dear Devs,

Easy at it is...

BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY... or GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND

The only maths they do is the money they get from this people who are really willing to pay them for this shit..,

Waffen
01-31-2019, 08:33 PM
Ok so I was up against few defense teams that are mid tier and had ferryman. I am not impressed by him at all. I don’t think he is viable in pvp, maybe there is a toon that will be released in the future that might make him viable.

But as of right now, I don’t think he fits in the current meta. What do you guys think?
I would love for someone to say I am wrong so I can justify all the mad grinding and ironite I have dumped into him so far.

HuckFinn150
01-31-2019, 10:42 PM
I got the Ferryman and he's strong. I've not maxed his talismans yet, but he's already a powerhouse. I'd say he's work getting. He's like Killer Prime.

Wyphy
02-01-2019, 03:56 AM
Couple months ago I would not have agreed with you. But now I am in the same boat as you and I believe there is an algorithm to give better odds to players that don’t put money into this game, to kinda give them a motivation or to get them addicted. I have seen more than couple players lower than lvl 100 running ferryman in their defense this morning.

Or maybe end of the day it just comes down to rng.

And yet, here I am, having not spent any money for months and gotten nothing better than in times where I had spent.
Only time I actually really got anything good from events was just after I stopped playing for about 3 months.

kgk56
02-01-2019, 09:04 AM
I would suspect not, didn't happen with magus snowman I had from last year.
Accidentally cashed in for snowman, and then I had two, a 3 and a 4 star.

We need a little explaination from the devs here

scott-5496
02-01-2019, 10:08 AM
Well, there you go a grind fest for me to get Ferryman - would have got him today through frags but hey presto out he pops form a souls. My second event character from a soul! Not complaining at all as I have him at least but I was just about to get hom so will keep up the grind for the other stuff (also got a second Limited Edition Wickerman too). I may even get a second Ferryman at this rate. Glad I did the grinding though as I have got a lot of gold, SoW and shards which have come in handy for this new event where you upgrade stuff from the lower levels.....kind of weird but fine. Just wish I new a few days ago as I had just done some old 1 and 2 star upgrades to a pile of characters from the early days that I never use....well I was going to get them all levelled abyway I suppose so why not!

Anyway, looks like a nice easy event for me and just glad to get an event soul at last.

Symbiote
02-01-2019, 01:13 PM
Oh man., i can't play on madness auto.., only have 100 runs at all..,
The Sentinel Thing isn't possible for me..,
I waste ALL MY TIME for this fucking Event.., can't play the troopers.., can't play Skull Quests.., not even NIGHT CITY.., since WEEKS i didn't played one level.., because EVENT EVENT GRIND GRIND EVENT GRIND EVENT.., for what you did night city if there isn't time to play this..,

I'm not far away to quit this whole fucking game..,

Event over Event.., this isn't fun.., this is a second FULLTIME job..,
Up to 3 events at once..,
Are they so uncreative to make a GAME what fit's for many people and not only these ones who waste their whole Lifetime in this?
Longtime Goals INGAME without TIME we are "forced" to do every fucking day..,

There would be so many possibilitys to make a great game.,. without these stressful Event shit..,
EVERY FUCKING DAY..,
Why not 1 or 2 Events in a month and the rest could be achievable for EVERYONE in their own time.., like Grim Reaper or other things..,

Who hired this people at NF?

But no.., it is now "24/7 this game/pay to win or fuck you!"
Really should this be the future for this game.., that only the player who waste ALL there lifetime for this to get rewards and other people who have a life nothing? Especially if the NEW characters are for future events to achieve anything..? Haha and when you don't get them because of this AWESOME RNG.., or this GRIND GRIND GRIND crap..,

I laughed sooo loud when i read the state of the nation when it came to "Quality of LIFE improvements" and talked about thei Auto-Replay Feature... hahahahahah
Yeah.., your Quality of "LIFE" improvements are AWESOME.... xxx'D

Sorry guys for complaining that much.., but.., i'm just frustrated about this evolution of this here... :(

HuckFinn150
02-01-2019, 05:18 PM
Symbiote it too me 3 full blown Eddie's and 3 maxed toons to beat it in manual. Took the better part of an afternoon. I got my Ferryman fragments from the wickerman Eddie freshmen's and using them to buy the 10 soul pack. He dropped before I got enough fragments to pull him.

Muzzleloader
02-01-2019, 05:42 PM
My nephew decided to grind my account for the ferryman. This event actually gave good rewards for the grinding. For a net of 2800 ironite I recieved the following. The ironite doesnt include the worth of SoW.

1 ferryman
2 SWE
1 5* dupe.
35+ skill shards
200 3* evo shards
250+ 3* evo runes
14 MM gold
Tons of colorless shards
Evolved 5 5* Eddie's to level 90.
500+ SoW.

Amarthir
02-01-2019, 06:01 PM
Totally figures that on my 38th soul when I have enough fragments to get shadow Wickerman Eddie, I actually pull him, so now I basically have 2 of him. Still no Ferryman and I'm only halfway there. This event kinda sucks

Yup
02-01-2019, 06:04 PM
Amarthir.. same thing happened to me with Ferryman.. pulled him in the last 3 souls I needed to complete the frags.. so I have 2 now.

Banished
02-01-2019, 06:14 PM
Ok so I was up against few defense teams that are mid tier and had ferryman. I am not impressed by him at all. I don’t think he is viable in pvp, maybe there is a toon that will be released in the future that might make him viable.

But as of right now, I don’t think he fits in the current meta. What do you guys think?
I would love for someone to say I am wrong so I can justify all the mad grinding and ironite I have dumped into him so far.

Well, I confronted him in PVP one time, he killed 3 my characters with one attack.

Banished
02-01-2019, 06:26 PM
Been lucky and received the Ferryman with my first opened souls. Just have to continue to grind a bit to have shadow wickerman.

Ferryman will be helpful for magus gauntlet!

Esquatcho
02-01-2019, 10:54 PM
Ferryman will be helpful for magus gauntlet!

Yes he will!

Maybe ferryman will make Charlotte and perhaps BBE more common in PVP?

Waffen
02-02-2019, 01:31 AM
For troopers who have been playing ferryman for a bit, what talisman works best on him?
I got him just now and realized that he has 4 Assasin slots, I thinks he is the first character to have 4 locked slots.

Anyways, what is everyone using on him in pvp?
I have been really busy grinding him all week and hence I am pretty low ranked in pvp. so couldn’t find any top tier players with ferryman.

WickermanBR
02-02-2019, 03:18 AM
For troopers who have been playing ferryman for a bit, what talisman works best on him?
I got him just now and realized that he has 4 Assasin slots, I thinks he is the first character to have 4 locked slots.

Anyways, what is everyone using on him in pvp?
I have been really busy grinding him all week and hence I am pretty low ranked in pvp. so couldn’t find any top tier players with ferryman.

Hey Waffen

I got it today too, who would say, in a soul alone, after 2x10 packs ...

I'm not have enough skill shards for him at the moment, so I have not tested enough yet. But I'm using set of these new, Hex talismans, and immunity, plus a purple to close, while I do not get Cosmic... I do not know if it's the best combination, but works well and seems adequate.

The truth is, is complicated for me to find place for it can do something meaningful, against Alchemist / A.Banshee / M.Lilith.

P.S: I intend to share him as champion when he has some more skill shards in him

Amarthir
02-02-2019, 08:12 AM
Just accidentally redeemed a Wickerman soul when I had 2,500 fragments... Ugh they really need to put in a confirmation for shit like that. It's 1am and I've been straight up grinding ALL damn day just for 10 souls. At this point I'm just going to get my last 10 pack and call it good. Save my ironite for something more important...

rags-6094
02-02-2019, 08:34 AM
Ah ha! Don't say you weren't warned my friend! I've been putting through extras in an attempt at pulling one of them still has not happened 2500+ sot in...

Yup
02-02-2019, 09:31 AM
Yes he will!

Maybe ferryman will make Charlotte and perhaps BBE more common in PVP?

Nah.. Charlotte is no real threat to him. Neither is BBE.

Ferryman ALONE has wiped out entire teams here. His weak point on attack is Perfect Immunity... if enemies have PI and can heal.... he may struggle and possibly lose. this makes A Banshee, with her PI every turn, a challenge. On D.. I won't use Ferryman. He's a VERY easy, 1 hit kill, if you merely disable his passive.

rags-6094
02-02-2019, 10:01 AM
Come on Yup he's an awesome toon but let's face it as good as he is at killing he's equally as good at being killed!
My FFE sneezed during a battle and he fell over and snuffed it! LOL!

Yup
02-02-2019, 10:30 AM
I've posted that repeatedly Rags.. he's HORRIBLE for defense if his passive can be disabled or Doom is cast on him (he clears no buffs on himself). :) I kind of grin when I see teams using him for PvP defense. He's no challenge at all. I guess they are banking on the "fear" factor and people not choosing to fight their team.

Esquatcho
02-02-2019, 11:40 AM
Nah.. Charlotte is no real threat to him. Neither is BBE.

Ferryman ALONE has wiped out entire teams here. His weak point on attack is Perfect Immunity... if enemies have PI and can heal.... he may struggle and possibly lose. this makes A Banshee, with her PI every turn, a challenge. On D.. I won't use Ferryman. He's a VERY easy, 1 hit kill, if you merely disable his passive.

Charlotte cant get silver debuffs for the first couple of rounds, which is as good as perfect immunity passive against ferryman. BBE, is the same, as long as you can get him fury fast enough.

edsel
02-02-2019, 05:44 PM
Exactly Yup and Esquatcho, he popped up in a real tough team in SSS second wave with Alchemist, Final Frontier and Killer Prime. Disable his passive and he's toast.
https://youtu.be/-JhH43kLQ9E

Cefiar
02-02-2019, 10:45 PM
My observations for this event:

1. It takes 5+ hrs of 100% grinding of Gates of Dawn on Madness to get 2500 fragments for me (to get 10 Shadow Souls). I'm averaging under 2 minutes for this madness dungeon.
2. This uses a LOT of SoT (of course).
3. This doesn't leave time for a lot else. So very glad I have a separate device for playing LotB (ie: not my phone). Fortunately can manage to slot in most of my troopers at the same time as grinding since they're mostly Eddies. I can't take along my non-Eddie troopers tho (wrong set of skills), so I have to fall back to a regular cosmos level for that.
4. This also means that other areas of the game (Arena/Gauntlet) suddenly get reduced attention. Fortunately already had Arena sorted by the time this event was starting, but the timing of the end of the event and the end of Gauntlet being the same doesn't help much.
5. In an ironic twist, I've found the game quite stable since the update, so rather than LotB crashing after a few hrs, I'm happily surviving a full grind run of say 6 hrs.

Just over 24 hrs to go, and unless I get the Ferryman from a soul, not sure I'm going to get enough ferryman fragments to get him that way.

IMO: The fragments per battle needed to be higher and/or the cost of the soul packs needed to be lower.

URock
02-02-2019, 10:58 PM
O Shadow Wickerman and 0 Ferryman. Just another shit event, but it doesn't matter, because I have other things to do than stupid farming and wasting Ironite or money.

Stormseye
02-02-2019, 11:08 PM
Played enough to get 2500 plus the 750 I spent on blood frags. Dropped my 10 and did not even get a 4*. That’s the way it goes.

Though I still believe Ferryman can be utilized in defense I am not having much difficulty dealing with him including someone running 2 Ferrymen, Horus and FFE.

The key for me is Alexander Eddie, Alchemist and Magus Derby Demon with Domination/Serenity Talismans. I may need to grab another set of the Serentiy as they are showing some good potential.

Ip4
02-02-2019, 11:24 PM
Though I still believe Ferryman can be utilized in defense I am not having much difficulty dealing with him including someone running 2 Ferrymen, Horus and FFE.

i attacked same defence and it was easy win...Prisoner(disable passive) or characters with doom are his nightmares :)

rags-6094
02-02-2019, 11:28 PM
Sorry to hear you couldn't jag at least one of them... I said I wouldn't but I farmed about 800 SOT through again yesterday and earnt enough frags to buy 2 or 3 of the souls with Wickerman frags, dropped them in and pulled the Eddie at least...

Ferryman I would hope will be added to the Heroic rotation, so as we all have virtually no chance of pulling him..!
Yes I said that correct, still no Daedalus, Madam, Musashi, Witch Doctor, and so on I'll just add Ferryman to the list...

On serenitys is there somewhere we can purchase them now?

Muzzleloader
02-02-2019, 11:42 PM
Rags, 250 FC will get you one. One per month per type.

rags-6094
02-02-2019, 11:47 PM
Thanks ML so they are purchased in the normal store under FC...?

Olevipoeg
02-02-2019, 11:49 PM
I opened last souls to get last fragments Shadow Wickerman today. I got Shadow Wickerman form last few souls, exactly when I didn't need it anymore. No Ferryman for me also.

chrismt
02-03-2019, 12:47 AM
Just managed to get 35 souls to have enough to get a shadow soul and out of the 35 souls, one 5* (SSE eddie) and one 4* (pharao dog). Getting a 5* but not the one featured is a bit frustrating but oh well. I’m done with this event. Up to the next.

Esquatcho
02-03-2019, 08:50 AM
I'll probably get enough for another 10 pack.... Which will get me to the wickerman eddie. Just took too long before I found a team that'd get me through madness regularly (Charlotte was the missing link, well that and I also used the first frags for bloods which got me KP, which also helped).

Or do you reckon its better to just get the legendary heroic and mariner frags + whatever else (rare souls etc)? Is shadow wickerman worth anything other than collectibles?

Liu
02-03-2019, 09:22 AM
It took me also quite a while to find a reliable auto team for madness (running bbe, g banshee, kp, charlotte). There won't be enough time left to get enough frags for a ferryman, though I think I can attain another 10 pack.
I'm not gonna buy mariner frags, as we can get them via gauntlet and other events, but I'll buy the 100 blood frags.

Ip4
02-03-2019, 09:24 AM
Gringo i purchased only blood fragments and ancient mariner fragments...don't have interest for searching Ferryman...

Esquatcho
02-03-2019, 09:32 AM
Gringo i purchased only blood fragments and ancient mariner fragments...don't have interest for searching Ferryman...

Yeah my brain is telling me to do that too, but my heart still holds out hope for a miracle! lol. At least the rewards for this one are pretty good. Next sac fest, I have heeaaaappppsss of rainbow upgrade shards! Plus got lots of FC too.

TheoShodi
02-03-2019, 10:46 AM
Got 2 Eddies and 1 Ferryman, but it took the whole event (just 14 hours to the event to end), never get anything good from the Event's Soul, just a bunch of 3* trash, collecting enough fragments was exausting... not worth the nuisance.
I like event dungeons, but this event was very exausting and the dificulty was too much harsher than the lasts events. I dont think this event was good for newbies and Old Players, it was not enjoyable or cool.
The new Wickerman Eddie looks cool, the new skills effects and moves looks awesome! WE is my favorite Eddie, but it is still too much weak to be viable in pvp or end game pve.

Banished
02-03-2019, 12:21 PM
First time I could do a dungeon auto in madness mode. Happy with it.

Benjamin Breen/Clansman
Ferryman
Sentinel banshee
The alchemist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OjaN0AkSOs

Best team:
Benjamin breeg
Ferryman
The Alchemist
the prisoner (useless at the end but useful at the beginning)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HQqs_w-rUc

Average: 3'30"

eeriesandwich
02-03-2019, 05:51 PM
RNG gods must have been on my side, after running ~ 500 times on normal/hard, I pulled 2 SWE and 1 Ferryman within the first 2 days of event. Pretty new to the game so I'm still too garbage to clear on madness :rolleyes:

Symbiote
02-03-2019, 06:40 PM
Can someone tell me.., why NF can't play fair?

I mean i tried and tried and tried to make the fucking sentinel challenge.., but after the first turn my whole team got killed because of the fucking doom.,

and WHY THE FUCK we can't disable Passive of this fucking Ferryman..,
"Modificator - Trigger Chance increased" yeah.., what's with "Modificator - making the team unfairly overpowered because half of Debuffs you can't set on the Enemy..,"

Oh man..,

btw. please NF make 5 Events at the same time.., per Week.

Liu
02-03-2019, 06:59 PM
The whole idea of the challenge is to be ... challenging. There have been suggestions on how to complete the sentinel challenge. In order to avoid doom you will need perfect immunity, bbe eddies fury is a huge help here.

You seem to be having a rough time with the game lately - if the game bugs you so much atm I suggest to follow muzzles advice and take a break.

rags-6094
02-03-2019, 07:03 PM
The event is over in a few hours anyway, not worth the pain anymore, save your ironite...

Liu
02-03-2019, 07:10 PM
Meh ... I've got 440 ferryman frags, 5 shadow souls left and ... not even 5hrs until the end ... so no ferryman for me. well, as you've pointed out earlier rags, there's always the (non) chance to pull him from a heroic soul. ^^

cheers

/e: I wonder whether I should buy a few more shadow souls from the remaining wickerman frags or invest in mariner frags or another heroic legendary soul for a non shot at redan. I've already gotten the blood frags

Symbiote
02-03-2019, 07:41 PM
The whole idea of the challenge is to be ... challenging. There have been suggestions on how to complete the sentinel challenge. In order to avoid doom you will need perfect immunity, bbe eddies fury is a huge help here.

You seem to be having a rough time with the game lately - if the game bugs you so much atm I suggest to follow muzzles advice and take a break.

Yeah i understand the thing that it should be challenging.., but to be realistic.., the whole Event thing from NF is a second fulltime Job.., whether you buy buy buy to get anything and the other thing is, it just are chances to get anything..,

I mean.., it isn't a real challenge if your phone need to GRIND ALL DAY LONG..,

Or am i wrong?

And really we are "forced" to GRIND 24/7 or just don't do it.., but.., isn't it too much?
They could integrate challenges that we can achieve in our time.., but no.., they only make EVENTS..,
Everytime the same crap over and over again..,

Yeah i know it is just a game.., but not a good anymore.., i'm really at the point where i need to decide to leave, but then forever or go on and just accept that they won't change anything..,

Do you guys really enjoy these kind of events where we need to put our whole lifetime to get some rewards..?
Shouldn't be a game something that you can have a break from real life and enjoy it a bit..?

Since the Auto-Replay function it's just pure stress and GRIND GRIND GRIND..,

If i would know how to make a survey i would do it.., just to see what other players think.., in the Hope NF would change something..,

HuckFinn150
02-03-2019, 07:53 PM
I came to this conclusion as well. I have only been working towards what I really want. I only half way participated in the arena event and have not gone further than getting one of the cosmic talismans. I did farm for the Ferryman. I still play my troopers, but the game has lost its edge for competing. If like it more if you could please real people instead of the ai which is predictable and able to stack the deck in it's favor. I'm have been playing this way since January. I guess I'm going casual. Either way I tend to enjoy the game more, by playing this way. There's nothing else I'm actively seeking, side from maxing what I have and the Mariner after the reset.

Ancient Mariner
02-03-2019, 08:00 PM
Symbiote, dude.. you're spamming the whole forum with this thing about the grinding 24/7, can you stop repeating it everywhere?

[...]i'm really at the point where i need to decide to leave, but then forever or go on and just accept that they won't change anything..,

yeah please, decide one of either already...

Muzzleloader
02-03-2019, 08:04 PM
He just likes to see his name in print. If it's so bad just leave.

Liu
02-03-2019, 08:11 PM
Symbiote, dude.. you're spamming the whole forum with this thing about the grinding 24/7, can you stop repeating it everywhere?

Agreed. I tried to say the same earlier but ...

Symbiote
02-03-2019, 08:11 PM

Yeah sorry.., i'm trying..,
I have a bad time in life right now.., and i'm sad that this game evolves in this way.., because some time ago it helped me alot..,

Sorry guys.., i do my best to not spam that much anymore.

druid138
02-03-2019, 08:36 PM
Yeah sorry.., i'm trying..,
I have a bad time in life right now.., and i'm sad that this game evolves in this way.., because some time ago it helped me alot..,

Sorry guys.., i do my best to not spam that much anymore.

Hey man, I hope things start looking up in real life. I know what you mean about this game helping during rough patches. I hope things improve for you soon, and I hope you are able to find some relief in LotB.

Symbiote
02-03-2019, 08:51 PM
Hey man, I hope things start looking up in real life. I know what you mean about this game helping during rough patches. I hope things improve for you soon, and I hope you are able to find some relief in LotB.

Thank you man. :)
Yeah it isn't easy if the brain is so buggy. haha

But for now i will train me to be more quiet in this forum or at least more constructive again.., i think it's enough now. ^^'

Edit: I got to the 500 runs.., didn't get the Sentinel Challenge -> no complete set..
Cashed in 20 shadow souls and got nothing.., what surprise.. :D

Iced_Earth
02-03-2019, 10:40 PM
The Grind was insane, but totally worth. Cause i dont had 7500 ironite for 75 souls, i got the fm for 2500 ironite with mega refills and:
6 SWME (12k essence!)
Tons of rare souls
Tons of SoW (500)
Tons of XP Shards
Tons of Frontier Coins (now i got 8000..)
Many Skillshards
Few Bloodshards for wickerman Essence, plus a heroic Hero Soul (which gave me Redan.. finally!
.. and other shit

It was worth the Grinding, ferry men wrecks the ffe/madam/alchemist team in the second SSS round, i will leave this gauntlet season with rank #15

Esquatcho
02-03-2019, 11:01 PM
/e: I wonder whether I should buy a few more shadow souls from the remaining wickerman frags or invest in mariner frags or another heroic legendary soul for a non shot at redan. I've already gotten the blood frags

Yeah I have the same predicament.

I kinda want the wickerman, just to say I've got him. But he's not really useful, so maybe the legendary heroic soul would actually be more valuable? Its a tough one!

That last few sould might just have the ferryman!*

.... Most likely 3* crap

xxxphantomfreakxxx
02-04-2019, 12:19 AM
You know...besides Nutting Frog being blind, deaf and dumb to how to run this game...the other thing that gets me is players attitude towards other players.

Especially those that reply back to those who complain about the game.

First off...not every player has the money, time and resources to sink into this huge ass cluster fuck of a game, therefore a LOT of players don't have all the right characters, talismans and relics to plow through the latest over powered flavor of the month !

And these players get bombarded with replies like "Well all you need is this character or that character and this talisman and blah blah blah blah"

I mean how many people do you know that has been playing since DAY ONE and STILL don't have The Prisoner ? Samurai Eddie ? Ect Ect Ect ?

How many people do you know that have EVERY bullshit event talisman that there is ?

How many people do you know that have damn near every relic ?

And yet....players that are behind get blasted with "Well, if you're having such a hard time with the game, go play blah blah blah !" Or my personal favorite "LEAVE"

It's almost like because you are so "Special" and can do "Anything" on the game that everyone who can't is beneath you and therefore not worthy of a little sympathy because they struggle, or better yet not worthy of a little consideration to over look them ranting and raving about shit to get it off their chests.

I bet anything these "Special" and can do "Anything" on the game players are the same ones that suffered fits of pure gamer rage playing Super Mario, breaking their controllers by throwing them against the wall....and yet have grown up to sit upon their lofty parapets and yap at those who basically do the same by bitching online about this game !

There are two things killing this game
1. Developers lack of understanding on how to run this game in such a way that is bug, glitch and error free, and fun for all players alike.
2. Players with their holier than thou attitudes who lack basic empathy and understanding towards players who have legitimate reasons to complain.

Grow the hell up and get over yourself

Symbiote
02-04-2019, 12:36 AM
You know...besides Nutting Frog being blind, deaf and dumb to how to run this game...the other thing that gets me is players attitude towards other players.

First off...not every player has the money, time and resources to sink into this huge ass cluster fuck of a game, therefore a LOT of players don't have all the right characters, talismans and relics to plow through the latest over powered flavor of the month !

And these players get bombarded with replies like "Well all you need is this character or that character and this talisman and blah blah blah blah"

I mean how many people do you know that has been playing since DAY ONE and STILL don't have The Prisoner ? Samurai Eddie ? Ect Ect Ect ?

How many people do you know that have EVERY bullshit event talisman that there is ?

And yet....players that are behind get blasted with "Well, if you're having such a hard time with the game, go play blah blah blah !" Or my personal favorite "LEAVE"

It's almost like because you are so "Special" and can do "Anything" on the game that everyone who can't is beneath you and therefore not worthy of a little sympathy because they struggle, or better yet not worthy of a little consideration to over look them ranting and raving about shit to get it off their chests.

I bet anything these "Special" and can do "Anything" on the game players are the same ones that suffered fits of pure gamer rage playing Super Mario, breaking their controllers by throwing them against the wall....and yet have grown up to sit upon their lofty parapets and yap at those who basically do the same by bitching online about this game !

1. Developers lack of understanding on how to run this game in such a way that is bug, glitch and error free, and fun for all players alike.
2. Players with their holier than thou attitudes who lack basic empathy and understanding towards players who have legitimate reasons to complain.

THIS!
Thanks for your words man.., I couldn't have said it any better. :)
And the way you said it made me laugh. Thank you for this.

Amarthir
02-04-2019, 02:27 AM

Hehehe....how bout you leave then (。◕‿◕。)

Muzzleloader
02-04-2019, 02:55 AM
I am slowly in the process of leaving the game. I am teaching my nephew how to play with my account.

It just gets annoying to hear the same rant repeatedly. Making legitimate complaints about reasonable issues is constructive to the game and the players. Just because you can't complete a certain task because you haven't spent real money, wasted alot of time, have bad luck with RNG, or sometimes what just seams unfair just irritates some people.

If you believe threatening to leave the game will change anything, you need a reality check. Try giving constructive comments or suggestions that may get better results for future play.

Maiden68
02-04-2019, 03:08 AM
THIS!
Thanks for your words man.., I couldn't have said it any better. :)
And the way you said it made me laugh. Thank you for this.

OMG!! EVERY GAMERS nightmare!! You Nailed it dude Perfectly!!! I just took a good minute to read that, not once but twice and the thing I can think of...
your so Damn Right!!!

But reality sets in and... Nothing is Ever Going to change... :rolleyes:

Maiden68
02-04-2019, 03:13 AM
I am slowly in the process of leaving the game. I am teaching my nephew how to play with my account.

It just gets annoying to hear the same rant repeatedly. Making legitimate complaints about reasonable issues is constructive to the game and the players. Just because you can't complete a certain task because you haven't spent real money, wasted alot of time, have bad luck with RNG, or sometimes what just seams unfair just irritates some people.

If you believe threatening to leave the game will change anything, you need a reality check. Try giving constructive comments or suggestions that may get better results for future play.

Yep there are 2 sides to that coin dude.... Muzzleman I'm gonna miss you... Your insight makes you a Valuable gamer in this realm... Someone out there is gonna miss you too!

Esquatcho
02-04-2019, 04:46 AM
I left the game, had a break for a year, came back and enjoy it now.

I've never spent much money on the game (Maybe the $5 ironite specials etc) and grind whenever I've got spare time only. Im comfortable not getting every character, but still have a team that is slowly improving. I couldnt complete a madness dungeon at all when I returned a few months ago. A couple of sacfests and I could do them manually. This was the first I could do on auto, after fiddling about with the team and after finally getting some of the long term characters available with frags.

I implore everyone to just try and enjoy the game for whatever it is you can do. The game doesnt have to be a 'who has every character' wankfest. It can be whatever is fun for you. Make the most of the crazy happiness when you randomly pull Icarus from a rare soul, or when you can finally auto AMOLED, or crack A in gauntlet.

I get the feeling that most negative posts seem to stem from peoples expectation that they should be able to get everything in game when it first becomes available. Thats not even always possible for people who do dump hundreds of dollars into the game! Its an unrealistic expectation.

If the game is getting you down, have a break. I recommend it from experience. Real life and your sanity is much, much more important.

Symbiote
02-04-2019, 12:20 PM
OMG!! EVERY GAMERS nightmare!! You Nailed it dude Perfectly!!! I just took a good minute to read that, not once but twice and the thing I can think of...
your so Damn Right!!!

But reality sets in and... Nothing is Ever Going to change... :rolleyes:

Mmh i'm a bit confused what you mean. Sorry.., my brain bugs alot at the moment..

But yeah.., i think to accept some things how they change/changed is sometimes really hard..,
for my personal i can say that sometime i take some things to emotional and it ends like this here. :/

My spamming attack about 24/7 grind was to much and i'm sorry for this..,
But it's great to see that some players are still nice even if there is someone like me who is just raging about useless things.

The words of Druid and Phantomfreak gave me a lot. It helped a lot.
Even from the other players who said i should calm down a bit..,

I mean if noone gave you a feedback you can't learn. We're all just humans.., and to be a human being can be hard sometimes.. :D

I hope that we can still have a good time and talk with each other without being rude.
And i want to try to be more constructive.., it will be hard but i try. :D

peace guys. :)

btw. your location "out of the silent planet" still one of my favourite songs from Maiden since my youth. <3

Mitch-4441
02-04-2019, 12:51 PM
I left the game, had a break for a year, came back and enjoy it now.

I've never spent much money on the game (Maybe the $5 ironite specials etc) and grind whenever I've got spare time only. Im comfortable not getting every character, but still have a team that is slowly improving. I couldnt complete a madness dungeon at all when I returned a few months ago. A couple of sacfests and I could do them manually. This was the first I could do on auto, after fiddling about with the team and after finally getting some of the long term characters available with frags.

I implore everyone to just try and enjoy the game for whatever it is you can do. The game doesnt have to be a 'who has every character' wankfest. It can be whatever is fun for you. Make the most of the crazy happiness when you randomly pull Icarus from a rare soul, or when you can finally auto AMOLED, or crack A in gauntlet.

I get the feeling that most negative posts seem to stem from peoples expectation that they should be able to get everything in game when it first becomes available. Thats not even always possible for people who do dump hundreds of dollars into the game! Its an unrealistic expectation.

If the game is getting you down, have a break. I recommend it from experience. Real life and your sanity is much, much more important.

You nailed it perfectly. This was the first dungeon where I made the most progress on Madness (got to the very end and just couldn't get the bosses down) and the one where I had the most fun. I managed to pull SWE from a soul last night so that was a nice consolation prize even if I couldn't finish Madness. This game does indeed take time and grinding but my teams are slowly coming together and I'm enjoying the progress that I'm making. After my first couple of event dungeons, I made peace that I more than likely wouldn't be getting any of "the good stuff" for quite awhile and once I had that revelation, the game become much more enjoyable because I could enjoy just playing it and leveling my toons.

TL,DR this was a great post and good words of advice, Esquatcho.

Blade
02-04-2019, 03:01 PM
My summary for the event:

Pro:
- guaranteed drops of event fragments
- nice to revisit the old kingdom with the fancy cultists
- challenging, but not too much - I think with about 2 mins average for madness this was the fastest dungeon so far
- final boss was on the left
- good drops in terms of SoW, Ironite, Shards, FC, SS etc
- other subtype of Talis than last time
- nice items in the shop for the fragments (but only relevant for the few lucky players or the hardcore paying player with a lot of spare time)
- guaranteed way to get the 2 event characters, hence getting a full set of Talis was not the main goal anymore
- good overlap with the end of the Gauntlet season (and extended Arena event) where SoW is very welcome

Cons:
- a lot of time is necessary, blocking your phone
- the different fragments and their usage can be confusing
- leveldesign was a bit boring, but still a nice alternative to the normal dungeon
- low drop rate for Talis (I only got half a set...)
- costs for event souls was too pricey or the other way round: average fragment drops per round was too low or event duration too short
- boss immunity against some effects (only a con for those that did not know that this boss special is a normal thing in the game...maybe this should be stated somewhere more obviously)

I was very lucky this time because the Ferryman dropped within 30 event souls. Had to trade frags for the remaining souls needed for the new Wickerman as he did not drop from the souls. I still farmed a bit more to get the Mariner and blood frags from the store. Never had so much luck! It was needed this time, as I could not play much during the weekend.

Giving additional goals apart from getting 1 full set of Talis is great, as the Talis drop rate is more than frustrating for most players.

These dungeons are becoming a very central part of the game and I think it is a good development, as the LoL events aren't that important anymore for long term players and the 6-set Talis drop here. On the other hand new players have a hard time in the dungeons for sure.

The only big problem I see is the large amount of time that is needed to achieve the goals (this time it was rather quick!) - and during that time you cannot use your phone at all. As I said before, without so much luck with the soul drops I probably would not have had the chance to get the Ferryman, just because there is real life going on during weekends. So I think the duration of these events should be a bit longer and/or frags drops increased and/or trade costs lowered.

scott-5496
02-04-2019, 04:39 PM
My summary for the event:

Pro:
- guaranteed drops of event fragments
- nice to revisit the old kingdom with the fancy cultists
- challenging, but not too much - I think with about 2 mins average for madness this was the fastest dungeon so far
- final boss was on the left
- good drops in terms of SoW, Ironite, Shards, FC, SS etc
- other subtype of Talis than last time
- nice items in the shop for the fragments (but only relevant for the few lucky players or the hardcore paying player with a lot of spare time)
- guaranteed way to get the 2 event characters, hence getting a full set of Talis was not the main goal anymore
- good overlap with the end of the Gauntlet season (and extended Arena event) where SoW is very welcome

Cons:
- a lot of time is necessary, blocking your phone
- the different fragments and their usage can be confusing
- leveldesign was a bit boring, but still a nice alternative to the normal dungeon
- low drop rate for Talis (I only got half a set...)
- costs for event souls was too pricey or the other way round: average fragment drops per round was too low or event duration too short
- boss immunity against some effects (only a con for those that did not know that this boss special is a normal thing in the game...maybe this should be stated somewhere more obviously)

I was very lucky this time because the Ferryman dropped within 30 event souls. Had to trade frags for the remaining souls needed for the new Wickerman as he did not drop from the souls. I still farmed a bit more to get the Mariner and blood frags from the store. Never had so much luck! It was needed this time, as I could not play much during the weekend.

Giving additional goals apart from getting 1 full set of Talis is great, as the Talis drop rate is more than frustrating for most players.

These dungeons are becoming a very central part of the game and I think it is a good development, as the LoL events aren't that important anymore for long term players and the 6-set Talis drop here. On the other hand new players have a hard time in the dungeons for sure.

The only big problem I see is the large amount of time that is needed to achieve the goals (this time it was rather quick!) - and during that time you cannot use your phone at all. As I said before, without so much luck with the soul drops I probably would not have had the chance to get the Ferryman, just because there is real life going on during weekends. So I think the duration of these events should be a bit longer and/or frags drops increased and/or trade costs lowered.

Yeah i agree with you on all points. I was able to dig in deeper to the event thinking I would get my usual zero luck on souls - I actually got both through souls but quite late into the event when i was quite close to get the Ferryman with frags - so I kept going and ended up with two and 3 of the Eds. Got two sets of Eclipse which was good - loads of upgrade stuff to (when worked fine with the other evolution event as I kept get inventory warning for too many shards!). All in all I time eater but worth it for me - happy with these events to be honest as I get no luck at all usually on evenbt souls and tend to focus on the guarantees!

Muzzleloader
02-04-2019, 05:47 PM
As has been previously mentioned this event was very time consuming if you had to bring to the end. The rewards given beside the frags for SWE and ferryman made up for the ironite expenditure. It cost a net of 2800 ironite to complete the event. The following are the rewards recieve from madness

2 SWE
1 Ferryman
500+ SoW
250. Colorless 3* evo shards
220 col no rules 3* evo runes.
Tons of colorless shards.
25 SS
Unknown amount of rare souls

The Sow is worth 1500 ironite, which was used during the aren event that gave good rewards of IC. The Evo shards and runes was worth the rest of the ironite without grinding LoL and BNW. If you had the time and ironite this was a very rewarding event.

Stormseye
02-04-2019, 06:21 PM
Was this information based on running Easy or Madness level Muzzleloader?

Muzzleloader
02-04-2019, 06:26 PM
All madness, except for the other missions were madness. I ran FFE, KP, Charolette and gunner banshee. It took about 2 minutes total per battle including loading time. About every 4th ot 5th reward gave 18 frag drops. So I guess about 1200 battles to earn ferryman.

rags-6094
02-04-2019, 06:28 PM
He said Madness Stormseye... at the end of the paragraph!

Liu
02-04-2019, 06:57 PM
I don't think SOW in these quantities are worth that much, it's just an illusion. You can get about 24 SOW in 24 hrs, which means 500 SOW in about 3 weeks. While you have more than 10 SOW you are not getting any from the free refill. If you can't rid yourself of 500 SOW within 3 weeks you've gained nothing ...
Though you said you expended them in the arena, I would guess not all of us did. I'm sitting on about 200 SOW right now. I've completed most of the arena in the week before the gates of dawn event.

Muzzleloader
02-04-2019, 08:01 PM
Li, you would be correct that unused SoW cant be counted as a real reward. I also left off the 12mm in gold I also earned. Gold can always be used, for some it was a limiting factor in sacrifice events.

Liu
02-04-2019, 08:09 PM
Generally I agree, the rewards were pretty great. Even though I haven't managed to get enough fm frags (got 500), I'm pretty happy with the rewards. And this much SOT is a useful buffer to play several gauntlet stages in a row.

Maiden68
02-04-2019, 10:47 PM
so is the SACRAFICE event in place now???

Muzzleloader
02-04-2019, 11:42 PM
Sacrifice event will probably be in 2 weeks, it's always after the LoL frag event.

Waffen
02-05-2019, 03:31 PM
As has been previously mentioned this event was very time consuming if you had to bring to the end. The rewards given beside the frags for SWE and ferryman made up for the ironite expenditure. It cost a net of 2800 ironite to complete the event. The following are the rewards recieve from madness

2 SWE
1 Ferryman
500+ SoW
250. Colorless 3* evo shards
220 col no rules 3* evo runes.
Tons of colorless shards.
25 SS
Unknown amount of rare souls

The Sow is worth 1500 ironite, which was used during the aren event that gave good rewards of IC. The Evo shards and runes was worth the rest of the ironite without grinding LoL and BNW. If you had the time and ironite this was a very rewarding event.

Those numbers are close to my rewards too and I think the grind was well worth it.

Though it took me a bit more ironite than 2800, I think a little over 3000 for me, the rewards make up for it.
Also, I like this approach from NF (though some people might disagree) which gives a chance to grind for lot less ironite, rather than to spend real money or 600+ ironite to buy souls to get event toons.

A happy median would be to have the packs available for both event fragments and ironite.