PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what to call this bug

PsychoEddie
08-29-2016, 07:21 PM
Since last update, I've had this issue with all android devices, running versions 5 and 6 of android.

Often, when I click on a button on the lower right to attack or use an ability, this happens and I'm stuck having to exit and start LOTB again (and I lose access to a trooper I've used from a friend).

(i have cleared cache and rebooted the devices, but the issue keeps happening, multiple networks as well, wi-fi and mobile data network)

I'm stuck here with the 'bobbing' animations going on but no ability to do anything.

So far, this only happens on the boss waves.

http://oi64.tinypic.com/35ja2r5.jpg

nightmaretoregister
08-29-2016, 07:37 PM
I've had this all day. Very frustrating. A lot of the time the option to exit disappears at the top so I have to restart my phone.

PsychoEddie
08-29-2016, 07:40 PM
It happened on my next try, not a boss wave

http://oi68.tinypic.com/easjk1.jpg

Hypnos
08-29-2016, 07:53 PM
some people have been experiencing issues with magus allied soldier so I guess avoid using him for this dungeon for right now.

Bryan-3528
08-29-2016, 07:56 PM
It's happening to me 100% of the time in the 1st battle on level 7 today. I'm on IOS/iphone.

PsychoEddie
08-29-2016, 08:01 PM
It's happening to me 100% of the time in the 1st battle on level 7 today. I'm on IOS/iphone.

I'm stuck too now, I can't finish a level (at least rift ones). I'll try ditching magus soldier and see what happens.

Bryan-3528
08-29-2016, 08:09 PM
I was using Magus Allied solider each time too. I just tried it without him and it was fine (also level 7), I was able to finish without it locking up/freezing.

And I got a 1* evo shard too! YAY!!

PsychoEddie
08-29-2016, 08:15 PM
I was using Magus Allied solider each time too. I just tried it without him and it was fine (also level 7), I was able to finish without it locking up/freezing.

And I got a 1* evo shard too! YAY!!

I have been experimenting with having Magus Allied Soldier in and out and I was able to finish the levels so it doesn't seem to be an issue with him in particular

Here is a pic just before my last attack (and it was successful)

http://oi66.tinypic.com/md2w5s.jpg

talpuz
08-30-2016, 12:38 AM
It happened on my next try, not a boss wave

http://oi68.tinypic.com/easjk1.jpg

Well, count me in for this bug, I just got the exact same thing in the warrior rifts. Activated the blue allied soldier skill, and the battle went into "endless staring contest" mode. Really frustrating that these bugs are becoming a trend.

monkeyskeleton
08-30-2016, 01:06 AM
I have had it numerous times the past two days as well. Mine has always come when reflect damage has been activated. Only in timerift thou.

Papaj
08-30-2016, 01:35 AM
Can confirm that this bug also exists in the Warrior Dungeon.

It seems to be related to the Allied Magus Soldier, but indirectly - possibly.

I've never encountered it in the Gunner Dungeon, only Assassin and Warrior, so it might somehow be related to the Revenge ability. Some kind of memory overflow, perhaps?

Anyway, there might be a possible workaround: not to use Reflect Shield as the first ability in your turn, in other words: perform an attack with another character, then use the shield. Needs more testing though.

EDIT: Also, never seems to occur when using autoplay.

drrchmnd
08-30-2016, 02:05 AM
yup same boat for me. it just started up today though. uninstalled reinstalled cleared cache etc still there.

PsychoEddie
08-30-2016, 03:14 AM
I have had it numerous times the past two days as well. Mine has always come when reflect damage has been activated. Only in timerift thou.

I'm avoiding rift for now and seeing if it's better. I don't mind the glitches so much, it's loss of sands of time and losing trooper badges that I could have had that's far more annoying.

PsychoEddie
08-30-2016, 04:05 AM
I'm avoiding rift for now and seeing if it's better. I don't mind the glitches so much, it's loss of sands of time and losing trooper badges that I could have had that's far more annoying.

This glitch happened on my first try on Ailing Kingdom so I have stopped using Allied Magus Soldier for now and it seems to keep the problem from happening.

monkeyskeleton
08-30-2016, 04:45 AM
This glitch happened on my first try on Ailing Kingdom so I have stopped using Allied Magus Soldier for now and it seems to keep the problem from happening.

Yeah I had most of my issuses with that one as well, specifically reflect, but have had it a few other times w/o it. Mostly with allied thou and always in rift.

Deezenuts
08-30-2016, 04:54 AM
This has happened at least 15-20 times to me between yesterday and today (assassin/warrior rift) I am also running Magus Allied Soldier but problem seems to happen every time on a Basic move and randomly on no particular toon and no particular stage in the fight. Mostly today though during Boss stage, which has made me want to throw my f*cking phone through the wall. Only need 1 more red 3* evo shard to get my first 5* toon due to absolute shit luck with rares. And not to mention the burning of full stacks of SoT and loss of troopers/badges. Frustrating is an understatement. I suppose I'll try without the Allied soldier and test my luck.

PsychoEddie
08-30-2016, 05:49 AM
This has happened at least 15-20 times to me between yesterday and today (assassin/warrior rift) I am also running Magus Allied Soldier but problem seems to happen every time on a Basic move and randomly on no particular toon and no particular stage in the fight. Mostly today though during Boss stage, which has made me want to throw my f*cking phone through the wall. Only need 1 more red 3* evo shard to get my first 5* toon due to absolute shit luck with rares. And not to mention the burning of full stacks of SoT and loss of troopers/badges. Frustrating is an understatement. I suppose I'll try without the Allied soldier and test my luck.

Yeah, it sucks especially since sands of time and trooper borrows are mistakenly taken away.

As it is now, I'm just playing the standard campaign w/out the allied soldier magus so I don't get screwed out of sands/trooper rewards.

Aristo4
08-30-2016, 12:11 PM
Just had 10 runs in level 10 on the rift with my allied soldier everytime.Seems to be ok when the soldier is NOT the first used in every turn.

At least for me...

Aristo4
08-30-2016, 01:17 PM
Another dozen tries, still no problem.

Papaj
08-30-2016, 05:46 PM
I did a couple of matches NOT using the Reflect Shield as the first move, and had no issues.

I also tested it on Rift stages where enemies don't have Revenge - no problem at all.

I have a strong suspicion that Reflect Shield interferes somehow with Revenge, and that might be causing the issue.

So, as I mentioned earlier and based on what Aristo4 wrote, the workaround might be to use some other ability first, then Reflect Shield. However, I don't think we have enough samples to tell for sure.

UPDATE: despite using Reflect Shield, no issues with the Magus dungeon at all. So, my bet is that it's more of a "synergy" bug between RS and Revenge.

Aristo4
08-31-2016, 01:23 PM
even went to battle with 2 allied soldiers still no problems

Papaj
09-01-2016, 10:29 PM
Yep, no issues encountered in the Sentinel dungeon. Can we confirm that this is a problem with Reflect Shield interacting with Revenge?

LegoMech
09-06-2016, 09:31 PM
I just tested again on the Warrior dungeon and the first group did not glitch when I used the reflect shield. Killed those enemies and the next group came up. Used normal attacks on them (no reflect shield triggered) and this bug happened. Really frustrating.

hanZ
09-07-2016, 12:59 PM
Have this 1 out of ten tries in the time rift stage X (iPad). So the chances that this happens are about 10 times higher, than getting a 3* evo-shard as reward :D