PDA

View Full Version : Cosmic Power - Earn new Cosmic Talismans!

Leviathan
02-01-2019, 12:10 AM
Earn Talisman Souls from Event Challenges, and summon to claim GUARANTEED Cosmic Talismans.

From January 31st until February 15th at 4pm PT, complete Power Up and Evolution themed Event Challenges to earn a variety of rewards including Frontier Coins, Seventh Son Eddie Fragments and Talisman Soul Fragments.

400 Talisman Soul Fragments = 1 Talisman Soul!

The Talisman Soul is a unique Soul that is guaranteed to summon both a 5* Golden Idol and a random Tier 1 -to- Tier 3 Cosmic Talisman!

Cosmic Talismans are a new Talisman type with several unique features:

They can be equipped to ANY talisman slot (regardless of colour restriction)
Each Cosmic Talisman grants 1 full set effect
Their stats are randomly generated (they have no sub-type)
There is a limit of 1 Cosmic talisman per character

You can learn more about Cosmic Talisman categorization, and how to power them up here! (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?11328-Cosmic-Talisman-Basics)

Jump start your Cosmic Talisman Collection with the Talisman Soul Pack, now available in the Specials Store!

Each Talisman Soul pack contains 2 Talisman Souls, Cosmic XP Runes, Tier 1 Evo Runes as well as some Ironite and Gold!

SteveHarris
02-01-2019, 12:39 AM
Powering up while farming does not work. Figured it'd be easy to level up some hourglass toons this way. Gotta use materials it seems. The game seems to be getting more and more convoluted.

Ip4
02-01-2019, 12:43 AM
what if i upgrade 2 x5 star character that is on lv/20 now,will that count when they go to level 100?

Natasmai
02-01-2019, 12:50 AM
yes it counts

Natasmai
02-01-2019, 12:56 AM
this is the most ridiculous event i have seen yet. it is absolutely stupid. also, 400 frags for 1 talisman? am i missing something or is event achievements the only way to get these frags? Cant even grind them out anywhere?

HuckFinn150
02-01-2019, 01:05 AM
I am wondering the same thing. Are there worth leveling a bunch of useless toons?

Waffen
02-01-2019, 01:57 AM
Well I just got a T1 rare cosmic talisman and the set bonus i got is +15% attack. I can’t even upgrade it to T2 as you need cosmic ego runes which cannot be found anywhere but in store for real money. Their stats sucks as of right now as it is only a T1.

So yeah spending over 3 mil and a bunch of XP runes to complete this event was not worth it for me. Would be nice to know list of bonuses you could get from these talisman. Maybe some of them are worth it, idk.

HuckFinn150
02-01-2019, 02:03 AM
My t2 gives a15% magic boost. Mines still base as well. Looks like a 3 or 4* Magus talisman

HeadOnFire
02-01-2019, 02:25 AM
It seems to me that these new talismans just serve the purpose of multiplying the grind to encourage more $ purchases. I would be happy to pay for this game if it was really going anywhere, but so far the purchases are just to get more frags/shards/whatever and a single character ends up costing more than an entire (complete) console or PC game would cost.

HuckFinn150
02-01-2019, 03:02 AM
My t2 is a holy talisman. I just placed it on a ton and saw it's class. Now to try and evolve it.....

Ezz
02-01-2019, 03:33 AM
Wait so these talisman do not even have a feature? They r just stay enhancing? Seems like a big investment for x% more of any stat.

HuckFinn150
02-01-2019, 03:38 AM
@Ezz you can't find it their power until you install them on a character. Mine is a holy talisman

Ezz
02-01-2019, 03:44 AM
@Ezz you can't find it their power until you install them on a character. Mine is a holy talisman

Ok - but I guess I more meant are they all just basic talisman (holy, strength, etc) or are there cosmics that are all sets - nightmare, warlord, energy, destiny etc.

HuckFinn150
02-01-2019, 03:53 AM
I'm not sure. I'm still trying to figure it how to upgrade it. It seems like it's per level is a little above a 3* in health, but about the same in the others. I don't think I'm going to push to get more. So far, this was the only character who needed the one talisman to complete him. Time will tell.

Ip4
02-01-2019, 10:24 AM
400 fragments are one cosmic talisman or not?what to do when i collect 400 frags,claim?(i see gold idolon screenshot and that confuse me...)

Esquatcho
02-01-2019, 11:13 AM
Im thinking these will be gold for those toons who you want to use a 3/2 talisman combo and so have the 1 spare slot (Im thinking the sentil valk, after having used her for the wickerman event a heap). Probs a similar situation for all the other green/yellow toons who dont scale on fury or health!

kgk56
02-01-2019, 11:21 AM
400 fragments are one cosmic talisman or not?what to do when i collect 400 frags,claim?(i see gold idolon screenshot and that confuse me...)

With 400 frags You get 1 Gold Idol & a random Cosmic talisman (as far as I understand).

Saigrim
02-01-2019, 12:12 PM
The event will give you 400 frags once completed. Yes, you get one 5 star golden idol and 1 new talisman, which is nothing to get too excited over. Basically at this point it has one old school effect like 15% magic and you won’t have the means or the opportunity to get the mats or farm them anywhere. They’ll only be available during other events, unless you want to buy the over priced shit they’re pushing now.

MetalKing
02-01-2019, 12:45 PM
I had been hoping that they would give the character some minor effect other than just stat bonuses. Such as immunity for a limited number of turns, or some other buff. That was what I suggested when I first posted the idea on the forum.

blade685
02-01-2019, 12:46 PM
for me too that event is ridiculous,: upgrading so many useless toons to level max.................

hold
02-01-2019, 12:47 PM
I had been hoping that they would give the character some minor effect other than just stat bonuses. Such as immunity for a limited number of turns, or some other buff. That was what I suggested when I first posted the idea on the forum.

Like it isn't confusing enough already what does what and who does what when to whom what time whatever ...

Killer-Frost
02-01-2019, 01:19 PM
I feel like(hope) that this is just an introduction to cosmic talismans in general, so like mark talismans would eventually get a cosmic version, 6 sets like primordials, valor, etc. It's a long shot but I don't see any other reason they'd put out an event like this

Esquatcho
02-01-2019, 01:31 PM
Im actually a bit different in terms of viewing these. I mean, 1 talisman having the same effects as a set of 6!? We are the ones who are always complaining about power creep! The power of these will be better once evolved, but I hope they DONT become the ultimate must have to be able to win anything at all. 6 set talismans are already so important and yet so difficult for many people to get!

Esquatcho
02-01-2019, 01:35 PM
Also, the challenge is not that hard. Most people will have more than enough shards from the wickerman event and really the only parts that are tricky are the colourless 3 5* evos, particularly if you havent replenished since the last sacathon (like me, lol).

Speaking of which, where is the best place to farm colourless 3* evo shards? AMOLED or LoL? Something else?

blade685
02-01-2019, 01:43 PM
Also, the challenge is not that hard. Most people will have more than enough shards from the wickerman event and really the only parts that are tricky are the colourless 3 5* evos, particularly if you havent replenished since the last sacathon (like me, lol).

Speaking of which, where is the best place to farm colourless 3* evo shards? AMOLED or LoL? Something else?

for me amoled farm, easy and good 3* drop rate

kgk56
02-01-2019, 02:43 PM

AMOLED Madness good drop & more money
or
Body Bags (Night City) Madness best drop, less money but 4* Ruins & Nightmare talismans

Volrath
02-01-2019, 02:52 PM
Meeting the requirements is a little strange. You won't do it just by leveling characters up through auto-play. However, I've figured out what you CAN do is level them up in battle just shy of their maximum (i.e. Level 38/40 for a two-star) and then use one crystal to get them to max and that counts. So it's been a lot of doing battles one by one and keeping an eye on where the low-level character is at.

This works for characters who were leveled up close to their max before the event started. I had several five-stars who were in the upper 90s and boosting them to 100 counted towards the event (So that was the one I got first). If anything, it's the four stars who will be the most tedious since I don't have a lot of them lying around.

I agree with previous comments that 400 fragments is a lot for just one of these, especially when you have to do every challenge just for that. Interesting idea, though.

Chaosego888
02-01-2019, 03:56 PM
Speaking of which, where is the best place to farm colourless 3* evo shards? AMOLED or LoL? Something else?These drop quite often in bundles of 3 farming Gates of Dawn on madness. A Matter of Life and Death and the Lord of Light dungeons are good places also

Mizrael
02-01-2019, 06:40 PM
Oh! Another layer of “RNG for $$$”! Great! Just what this game needed!

Those grinding demands and prices are getting more and more ridiculous with every event...

70CHF for 2 compressed Holy talismans?! GTFO

Yup
02-01-2019, 06:55 PM
Body Bags (Night City) Madness best drop, less money but 4* Ruins & Nightmare talismans

Even on Normal or Hard you don't need Madness

Esquatcho
02-01-2019, 10:51 PM
Even on Normal or Hard you don't need Madness

OK, thats good to know. I can auto-normal at least!

And thanks for the tips everyone!

satani
02-04-2019, 06:42 AM
well, i managed to get 1 talisman on 2 accounts. It wasn't hard but leveling and developing all those 1* chars eats some time.

Now i have a "attack" and "life" talisman .... it's nice to see, they have the bonus of a 2-set and can fit anywhere. but i was expecting that the bonus effect of the talisman would adapt on the sourrounding talismans - say, i have 5 primordials or eclipse equipped -> set complete.

For now, the talisman is quite low level and - for now - impossible to evolve to max. I expect there to be more events to come which grant materials for it?

Esquatcho
02-04-2019, 09:51 AM
well, i managed to get 1 talisman on 2 accounts. It wasn't hard but leveling and developing all those 1* chars eats some time.

Now i have a "attack" and "life" talisman .... it's nice to see, they have the bonus of a 2-set and can fit anywhere. but i was expecting that the bonus effect of the talisman would adapt on the sourrounding talismans - say, i have 5 primordials or eclipse equipped -> set complete.

For now, the talisman is quite low level and - for now - impossible to evolve to max. I expect there to be more events to come which grant materials for it?

Yep, we have been promised more talismans and ways to evolve them

Amarthir
02-04-2019, 06:53 PM
I got my talisman finally it's a Purple Tier 1 that increases attack by 15% so.... Average? Maybe I'm a little lucky because it's purple but meh

HuckFinn150
02-04-2019, 08:26 PM
I've discovered it takes a lot to evolve them. Not like the others with 6 or 9 Evo runes. Instead mine takes 50 2* Evo runes, just to get to level 2. I'm really not sure about these.

Volrath
02-06-2019, 02:21 PM
Do you guys think they'll do an event like this again? If so, I'm going to start leveling my characters just shy of the max (level 99, 79, etc). Then when the right time comes, only a slight push to meet the requirements.

HuckFinn150
02-06-2019, 05:40 PM
I got a skill shards and passed it on my Killers Eddie an I got the evolve a 5* toon 5th time rewards. He was already maxed, but needed a single skill shard. I didn't think that would trigger the reward, but I guess it is still evolving.

Esquatcho
02-07-2019, 05:59 AM
Do you guys think they'll do an event like this again? If so, I'm going to start leveling my characters just shy of the max (level 99, 79, etc). Then when the right time comes, only a slight push to meet the requirements.

I think there is a decent chance yes. For 5* toons, this is pretty easy as the power level doesnt really change that much from 90 to 100. Itd be harder to maintain this for 4* imo. 3* chars and lower, well, those were easy enough to updated for this event..... (as long as you had enough 1* chars! Maybe worth keeping a stack of 1* souls just in case for this reason?)

Volrath
02-07-2019, 02:55 PM
I think there is a decent chance yes. For 5* toons, this is pretty easy as the power level doesnt really change that much from 90 to 100. Itd be harder to maintain this for 4* imo. 3* chars and lower, well, those were easy enough to updated for this event..... (as long as you had enough 1* chars! Maybe worth keeping a stack of 1* souls just in case for this reason?)

Yeah it's funny how it's much harder to get a one-star character than a two-star one. I'd go through stacks of 10 souls and get all two-stars. Precious souls helped a bit with that.

Natasmai
02-07-2019, 08:03 PM
i used 150 standard souls to find enough 1* toons :-/ but as soon as this event ends i bet 1* toons is ALL we will get lol

Esquatcho
02-08-2019, 05:49 AM
i used 150 standard souls to find enough 1* toons :-/ but as soon as this event ends i bet 1* toons is ALL we will get lol

Haha, I had to do 3 stacks! I only got like 10 out of the first 2 stacks. Then I got 25 in the third stack :/

At least we get rare soul frags for 1* souls now....

Rory
02-08-2019, 06:45 PM

I think it's going to be a monthly thing.

If you go to your team selection, then go to a cosmic talisman, and press "evolve", then on the blue i, it says "eanr cosmic evo runes from monthly evolution events"

https://i.imgur.com/DalpgT4.jpg

Blade
02-12-2019, 01:22 AM
Event challenges are gone here! There should be 3 days left, what happened?

druid138
02-12-2019, 01:24 AM
Event challenges are gone here! There should be 3 days left, what happened?

They're gone for me too! Yes, we should have 3 days left . . .

Kaz_LOTB
02-12-2019, 01:55 AM
They're gone for me too! Yes, we should have 3 days left . . .

If you reset now, they should reappear.

-Kaz

Dom665
02-12-2019, 06:40 AM
If you reset now, they should reappear.

-Kaz

The Special Offer packs are gone too, although it said yesterday they would be available for 3 more days. Resetting did not help here ....

GotN
02-13-2019, 08:22 AM

So event now running almost 2 weeks and it took me 10 days to level and evolve my HP/ATK/DEF cosmic Talisman to a maximum level 2. Now we need „Onyx of ruin“, which are not available yet + I have no cosmic evo runes left. How long should that last until we reach a full maxed Lv. 5 talisman? One year??? 😒

dragonmat89
02-13-2019, 09:02 AM
So event now running almost 2 weeks and it took me 10 days to level and evolve my HP/ATK/DEF cosmic Talisman to a maximum level 2. Now we need „Onyx of ruin“, which are not available yet + I have no cosmic evo runes left. How long should that last until we reach a full maxed Lv. 5 talisman? One year??? ��

That's interesting I need Ashes of Ice for my purple T1. Are the evo materials randomly generated too?

scott-5496
02-13-2019, 09:48 AM
Usually if I put in a 99 stack of souls I get maybe 10-12 1 stars and most of the rest are two stars with maybe 3-4 3 stars. Just keep a couple of stacks for each month - not that difficult to do if you are farming and doing the odd event in LOL. This is most certainly aimed at newer folks or folks who have not been at this from years as most of us will have maxed eveything - actually i have not as a few months back I sacked all the dross that I never used (1 and 2 stars mostly) so I have had to build them up again but that has been fine due to event like this though if we have to keep doing 1 and 2 stars that will be tedious for most of us as it will likely mean upgrading and then sacking them. Last time I just needed to do a batch of 1 stars and took most of them all the way through to three or four star - worked fine to be honest and now I have most of the lower level guys back in my roster.

I will do what others have suggested though and try to have a large batch at 99% to max of their level if I can.

GotN
02-13-2019, 10:14 AM
Usually if I put in a 99 stack of souls I get maybe 10-12 1 stars and most of the rest are two stars with maybe 3-4 3 stars. Just keep a couple of stacks for each month - not that difficult to do if you are farming and doing the odd event in LOL. This is most certainly aimed at newer folks or folks who have not been at this from years as most of us will have maxed eveything - actually i have not as a few months back I sacked all the dross that I never used (1 and 2 stars mostly) so I have had to build them up again but that has been fine due to event like this though if we have to keep doing 1 and 2 stars that will be tedious for most of us as it will likely mean upgrading and then sacking them. Last time I just needed to do a batch of 1 stars and took most of them all the way through to three or four star - worked fine to be honest and now I have most of the lower level guys back in my roster.

I will do what others have suggested though and try to have a large batch at 99% to max of their level if I can.

??? Wrong thread brother ??? :p
Anyway, congrats on 1k posts! :cool:

Esquatcho
02-13-2019, 10:28 AM
That's interesting I need Ashes of Ice for my purple T1. Are the evo materials randomly generated too?

Phwoar! OK I see the power of the cosmic now. Level 2 and 1380 bonus attack for a purple!?!? Imagine if you get a red! I might just hold off on upgrading my white one and keep chipping away until I get another soul to roll the dice for a higher level one.

GotN
02-13-2019, 10:49 AM
Does anybody know which stats there will be added on the talisman with Lv. 3/ 4/ 5? I mean will the purple get MAG+ added or the white MR+ or something like that? Maybe devs can tell us so we know if it’s worth evolving them.

Btw just saw that the white one I have is pretty bad compared to the purple:
minus 1k Health
minus more than 900 ATK
minus more than 250 DEF/ MR
☹️☹️☹️

Waffen
02-13-2019, 02:55 PM
I am starting to see the value of cosmic talisman after looking at the stats of the purple talisman.
I am sure the pvp will be dominated by players with these talismans. I am not looking forward to it given the bad luck I have had with drops in this game so far.

For now I will leave my T1 cosmic talisman alone. I will not waste my evo material on it and hope to get a better one soon.

kgk56
02-13-2019, 03:41 PM
I am starting to see the value of cosmic talisman after looking at the stats of the purple talisman.
I am sure the pvp will be dominated by players with these talismans. I am not looking forward to it given the bad luck I have had with drops in this game so far.

For now I will leave my T1 cosmic talisman alone. I will not waste my evo material on it and hope to get a better one soon.

I have the same 1 (the purple) but I can't find a spot on my characters :(

Olevipoeg
02-18-2019, 01:37 PM
I got blue T2 talisman. +15% HP

Esquatcho
02-19-2019, 12:48 AM
I finally got a 2nd talisman soul... Another white :'(((((( Considering how hard they are to get, I can see the quest to get a decent one driving me insane!

Natasmai
02-19-2019, 01:28 AM
ive gotten 4 of them now, all white. (2) are attack based with +15% HP and (2) are magic based with +15 magic.

kgk56
02-19-2019, 09:09 AM
My second was again a Force set ATT+15% :(

Esquatcho
02-19-2019, 09:17 AM
ive gotten 4 of them now, all white. (2) are attack based with +15% HP and (2) are magic based with +15 magic.

Ouch! Ive seen a red, anyone got a purple yet?! That would definitely be worth upgrading!

scott-5496
02-19-2019, 10:55 AM
Still only got the one but I can 100% see these being a major player in time. I too just have the white one - but my son got a purple and they are going to be very useful I think. It's actually a nice new thing that is going to be of use so I am all for it but with my sh*te luck I will just get the white ones - but they are still decent and of use so not a complete loss!

Blade
02-19-2019, 11:27 AM
I also got a white one. Think it will stay unused. In general I don't like that addition at all - the game was always about tradeoffs, the same is (or should be) true for the Tallis:
Either you go for 1 6 talis set, combine a 4 and a 2 talis set, 2 times a 3 talis set, 3 times a 2 talis set OR you take the trade-off to have a set that fits very good to the character skills or your strategic approach but then you cannot have another set effect.
A "set" effect should be related to that trade-off and it lacks any logic that a single Talisman can have a "set" effect. This is just my old-school opinion.

But I know...we have a mobile game here that needs to evolve all the time to keep people interested in playing (and spending). So the idea for this one-Talisman-set came from the community, right? So it is cool that this idea was implemented. But for sure not in the way the community thought about it.
Reasons:
- untransparent system. We don't know what to expect and can only assume roughly which Talis is good -> easy that you evolve the "wrong" one as we need to find out the effects etc. on our own
- random stats - as if the game would lack randomness...
- very high costs to suppose a worthy thing. Costs in 2 ways: a 75€ (unbelievably!!!) offer in the shop for 2 of these Talis if I remember correctly AND ultra high "costs" in form of e.g. fragments from the LoL grinding events
- they replace other rewards in several events now
- complicated, as it is still quite unclear to me how they change by evolving etc

In german we have a saying for things like that: "Turning a mosquito into an elephant."
People had the idea of a special Talisman that can fill an "empty" slot and what we get is a new huge untransparent, costly, random and complicated (and in the very end maybe overpowered?) long-term system.
I hope that the next few months will prove me wrong.

HuckFinn150
02-19-2019, 12:40 PM
I've only got 2 of the tier one talismans at 30 and I'm not trying to get them higher. They take so much to evolve. I'm still thinking of using the odd ball talisman and the one or two set with the maxed oddball. I'll watch a little longer to see if the drop rate changes for these no color talismam.

R1ck
02-19-2019, 01:14 PM
I got a white and a gold one, evolved the gold one and has 7532 hp, 752 magic and 465 MR at level 2. + 15% magic is not that bad for 1 Talisman.
I am using it on a DDE, helps a little on magic damage.

Blade
02-19-2019, 01:20 PM
I got a white and a gold one, evolved the gold one and has 7532 hp, 752 magic and 465 MR at level 2. + 15% magic is not that bad for 1 Talisman.
I am using it on a DDE, helps a little on magic damage.

Thanks for sharing!
Do you remember, was it also +15% MAG before evolving?

R1ck
02-19-2019, 01:22 PM
Thanks for sharing!
Do you remember, was it also +15% MAG before evolving?

Yes, it was. I was hoping to change but maybe at next level.

Blade
02-19-2019, 01:27 PM
Yes, it was. I was hoping to change but maybe at next level.

Too bad! I also thought something like 10->15->20->25% something like that...
But the general stats seem pretty good anyway!