PDA

View Full Version : Casual

Wyphy
02-03-2019, 04:45 PM
The short version :

I make no guarantee of play after Monday, 4 February. That gets me finished with the mission challenges, and thus the Crimson Pharaoh Dog.
I will still play some, but may not be playing all troopers every day.

The long version :

Saw it coming for months, the cosmic talisman event was just the tipping point.

Interesting concept in general, but the random configuration is just ridiculous.
Come on big money, no whammies... Oh, a Holy talisman with attack and special... better luck next time.
Sure, not totally useless, but not that interesting either.

This event and introduction of Cosmic Talismans is just a blatant cash grab.
This event's entire premise is "burn all of your resources (so that you'll have to spend money to advance) for a small chance at something useful".
Okay sure, sacrifice (and other) events are similar, but you don't have to level and evolve to get there. This event is just screamingly obvious about it.

This game has shifted from an interesting and fun distraction to a must play 24 hours a day and spend a $100 a month system.

Witness how many events are listed for this month.

Witness $70 for two Cosmic Talismans, that are a completely random stat and bonus? Seriously, get bent.
The costs are out of control, which says to me either :
Not enough people spend money so we have to keep raising prices to keep the lights on.
Or
We're greedy bastards trying to squeeze as much money as possible from the greatest band in the land's fans, for as mediocre quality a game as possible.
Everyone needs to get paid, and I have paid, averaged out as about $10/month. That's what this kind of game is worth to me (really more like $5, but...up the irons), but anyone can find more interesting games with far more depth for a subscription cost of $10 per month.

Witness the dilution of the sacrifice rewards.

Witness the amount of bugs.

The other real issue to me is autoplay.
Yep, it makes it a lot easier to get runs in, but really, if you're not actually going to play the game, what's the point?
This isn't Joshua with an imminent WW3 looming : "Learn, goddammit, learn".
If the game is going to play itself, then why am I required to turn it on? Why don't you just randomly level up some characters and talismans a few levels a day, give me some gold and ironite, a couple dozen iron coins twice a week, and then a couple times a month I can just check in and see what I've gotten?
Seems like it'd save a lot of server resources and developer time, meaning lower costs, meaning higher profit margin.
Sounds like a win to me.

So anyway, I'm casual, at best, from here on out.
I'll still play some, and I'll still use autoplay some, and I may even occasionally buy something, but everything is on my own time.
While it's not a game for everyone (and there's no Maiden soundtrack), if you're really interested, you can find me as Girdan Keirge in EVE, around Octanneve or Boystin in the Solitude region.
There's a somewhat limited free account (Alpha), so you can try (forever if you like) before you buy.
Fly safe.
(NB : 1/3/6/12 month subs available, and it's $10.95/month if you pay a year at a time, that's real value for your money; and hey, you can do something interesting while you autoplay Legacy!)

Muzzleloader
02-03-2019, 06:36 PM
Wyphy, I have been losing interest in the game the last several months. I at least have started letting my nephew play my game to stay current. He grinded the dungeon to get ferryman, something I didn't have time to try. The rewards were pretty decent running madness level.

I reached my goal of maxing all the original toons. I am only missing the newer toons, exclusive toons and the Krampii. If I quit now I don thg think I would miss the grind. The new playing content has been really nice, but only last a few days. The grind will go on forever.

Have fun in your other games.

HK-47
02-03-2019, 11:48 PM
Krampii.

Hahaha! I love that word now

Zerynx
02-04-2019, 06:11 AM
Later man, don't blame you one bit.

Esquatcho
02-04-2019, 09:54 AM
Awesome work. This game is best enjoyed on your own time. Once you let go of having to have everything, it becomes a heap more fun! Good on you for letting your troopers know too.

Saigrim
02-04-2019, 01:54 PM
Good luck, and I am on the same page with you about most of the things you've mentioned. On the plus side, the more I fall behind on toons, especially the Heroic rotation ones, the less and less I care. Getting screwed once again after dropping all my souls trying for Redan just added to my "fuck it" meter. And now I can stop worrying about Heroic Souls for the next few months. The hardcore fan in me does enjoy logging in to see all the cool artwork, but I can at least control the cash flow, and yes, I've "paid" my dues, so I can start picking and choosing what to put effort into. Another thing is they've pretty much exhausted the core characters, at least in my opinion, so anything from this point is just more fluff filling in the big ol Twinkie of this game.

Up the Irons! For Life!

Muzzleloader
02-04-2019, 02:52 PM
I am slowly exiting the game while my nephew takes my account. I just dont have the time to keep playing this game.

Since NF has gone the way of exclusive earned/bought toons it makes it easier to lose interest in having ever new toon. I still believe there are plenty of relative toons to be released. Genghis Khan and relatives, submarine sailors, nurses, quest for fire, and plenty of toons from b-sides.

Saigrim
02-04-2019, 03:45 PM
Oh, I realize there are a lot of cool characters they can still keep cranking out, Muzzle. No doubts there. I was just saying they've pretty much hit on all the big players. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, and I hope it stays around for awhile, but the blatant cash grabbing, (Have a subscription already!) ridiculous ass prices for a lot of things, and shit reward odds even once you do dump your money in has grown old. I seriously believe more people would spend if the prices were lower, you actually got the things you needed to stay as relevant as everyone else, and people were happier because of it. They must make a killing though off of people with gambling habits, severe credit debt, or an over abundance of disposable cash.

Ah well. I've not hit critical mass yet, and as I stated earlier I love the game and the art. It's a great have anywhere time passer!

And it's F'ING IRON MAIDEN!

Muzzleloader
02-04-2019, 04:40 PM
I dont know how it is if you are a relatively new player. I have played for just over 11/2 years. The first 3/4 year was before the ramp up of new toon and talis man, so I had a good base before the current state of the game. I have not spent any real money on this game, it just takes time to acquire the needed resources. If you dont spend any money you will never be a top player, but you can place in the top 100 of arena and gauntlet.

If you spend your ironite wisely the game gives enough to acquire most toons and talisman, but not always immediately. I found dont buy event souls or spend gold on leveling characters. Use ironite on selected events and use your gold on talisman and save it for sacrifice events.

When relics first came out I was just breaking into the top 50 in the arena. That changed quickly, down I dropped and just had to grind to earn IC.

I see some people just want to instantly buy their way to the top. The problem is other people have been playing alot longer, which they have hoarded vast quantities of resources and they spend money as well. It can become a downward spiral of chasing the new OP item. The game is a real time sink even if you spend money. It's a great way to spend your free time, but in the end it us only a game.

Maiden68
02-04-2019, 05:09 PM
Wyphy, I have been losing interest in the game the last several months. I at least have started letting my nephew play my game to stay current. He grinded the dungeon to get ferryman, something I didn't have time to try. The rewards were pretty decent running madness level.

I reached my goal of maxing all the original toons. I am only missing the newer toons, exclusive toons and the Krampii. If I quit now I don thg think I would miss the grind. The new playing content has been really nice, but only last a few days. The grind will go on forever.

Have fun in your other games.

Cheers bro! I hope you find what your looking for... And if ya do...drop me a line!! I'm not looking forward to it, but I haven't beat the basic yet...took too much time off
And have a ways to go... Untill then...