PDA

View Full Version : Most OP character?

HK-47
02-06-2019, 07:37 AM
I've been thinking after my Gauntlet run was ended, about which character could be considered the most OP. Killer Prime, Final Frontier Eddie, Assassin Banshee and Icarus are all candidates, but I think it would be Redan.

Sure KP and FFE (plus some others) are really heavy hitters, but Redan is just so powerful on so many levels. Her passive can elevate an average team to victory, and every attack you do against a team with her risks doing more damage to your chances than to the other team. Her passive is also harder to neutralise than Banshee on top of all of that.

Heavy hitters and powerful passives can be tackled on the first turn, but even winning the coin toss won't really help against Redan. Anyway, what are your thoughts?

P.S.- Yes I am also a bit salty that I didn't get Daedalus, the Count or Redan in their heroic soul appearances.

Yup
02-06-2019, 07:48 AM
She dies screaming easily :)

She's a good character, but I have yet to run into a team using her where she was a "problem". Sure she can be annoying, btu I don't think I've ever lost a match where she was the cause.

HK-47
02-06-2019, 09:06 AM
Well, we can't all be as powerful as you top tier guys :)

I could have probably beaten her this time, but it was an ordered battle and I used my Assassin Sniper the round before.

satani
02-06-2019, 09:25 AM
this reminds me on a thread, i stated once:

https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?11145-Your-scare-team

well, as i now have the final frontier eddie, i don't fear osiris, the alchemist or cases of eternal sets anymore as he can greatly counter these.

But i rarely fight against big defenses, as i find enough easy defense teams, even on non-pvp-season. (once you find some weak defense players, you set yours on weak to and get enough fights together to be in easy duellant 1 without even thinking about a big defense to fight against.

Olevipoeg
02-06-2019, 11:08 AM
Killer Prime hands down. Mostly because the passive.

HuckFinn150
02-06-2019, 12:18 PM
I'm going for Killer Prime or Ferryman. Final Frontier is not that over the top. Last Azlov I feel it's more deadly than Raden. Like Yup said, I've never met one that's anything worrisome. Horus is more of a threat than Raden.

Mitch-4441
02-06-2019, 12:46 PM
I've gotta give it up to The Ferryman and Lady Azov. Both frustrate me in PvP and I would definitely like to have those characters on my team.

HK-47
02-06-2019, 12:57 PM
I do have Asov, but never considered her too OP as I usually dispatch her quite easily in PvP.

I do use a Phantom Eddie though. What really helps is his Stained Glass attack, which reduces beneficial effects by one. Really useful for pesky shields, invincibility, endure/immortality, damage invulnerability and virtually most other buffs.

Liu
02-06-2019, 01:04 PM
I think the "op-ness" of toon is pretty dependent on the equipped talismans and team composition. I really don't like primordial teams, and I don't have primordials unfortunately. Plus if you're using multi-hitters, like POM ed for example, anything that uses a destiny set is almost guaranteed to become invincible.

Most op character, not taking talismans & team into account .. Gotta hand it to KP. He is tremendously powerful and during the last arena event I generally tried to avoid KP teams as much as possible.

Mitch-4441
02-06-2019, 06:22 PM
I do have Asov, but never considered her too OP as I usually dispatch her quite easily in PvP.

I do use a Phantom Eddie though. What really helps is his Stained Glass attack, which reduces beneficial effects by one. Really useful for pesky shields, invincibility, endure/immortality, damage invulnerability and virtually most other buffs.
I've seen her destroy teams but to be fair it was more than likely the talisman sets she had. She hits pretty hard from what I've seen.

HK-47
02-06-2019, 11:19 PM
I've seen her destroy teams but to be fair it was more than likely the talisman sets she had. She hits pretty hard from what I've seen.

So what talismans would turn Asov into a monster then?

Olevipoeg
02-07-2019, 09:16 AM
So what talismans would turn Asov into a monster then?
Warlord ( + and sustaining ), but same combo turns Killer Prime to mass murdering machine. If you compare Azov and Count, then Count is much more powerful.

Esquatcho
02-07-2019, 09:49 AM
Imo Assassin Hellraiser > Azov but I think there are no particularly OP character anymore. This all the skills, what you want is a team able to counter and defend. As such there is a range of the top level chars that are all a class above (Most mentioned here), and a few that become much better with the right talismans (eg magus lilith w destiny or horus with eternals). But most can be countered with the right chars.

HuckFinn150
02-08-2019, 02:58 AM
Since when he Icarus become so powerful? I've had issues with him in gauntlet and arena. He now seems to be unable to take damage enough to kill and now actually can inflict major damage. I've even gone after one with Eternity Eddie and Doomsday both maxed completely and can't make a dent. It's been in the last couple of days. Did he get a buff? I feel Killer Prime is a cake walk compared to Icarus right now...

HK-47
02-08-2019, 03:31 AM
Icarus is a real pain. I doomed him in the Gauntlet and he still came back and destroyed what I had left of my team

HuckFinn150
02-08-2019, 04:14 AM
What changed with him? Last week he didn't survive 6 hits before dying for good and he never did damage the way he does now.

Waffen
02-08-2019, 04:28 AM
What changed with him? Last week he didn't survive 6 hits before dying for good and he never did damage the way he does now.

I don’t think anything changed with Icarus. What talisman was he equipped with? If it’s fortune that could be why.

MetalKing
02-08-2019, 04:29 AM
I believe that the most OP character would have to be the possessed rifle.

HuckFinn150
02-08-2019, 04:45 AM
He had heal and future. I didn't think the would stop me. Funny thing is they didn't stop me last week. The heal only slowed the killing down