PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or they exchanged Daedalus for Icarus?

Ancient Mariner
02-15-2019, 08:07 PM
This has been in my mind for a while now, cause knowing the mithology Daedalus was Icarus father, and the latter was the one who flew too close to the sun and ended by burning his wings built up by his father.

Now, as you can see in the game, the character who looks disfigured by the fire is Daedalus, while i guess he is actually Icarus.

Am i missing something or they mistook one for another?

Muzzleloader
02-15-2019, 08:30 PM
I noticed that also. Icarus wings didn't burned, but the wax melted and the feathers fell off both wings. It looks like the feathers on one wing of daedalus burned.

I may be looking at it wrong. I just never gave it any more attention. Both are good toons to have. I wonder what the minotaur could do. We could even have a King Minos as an enemy.

Maiden68
02-15-2019, 09:14 PM
Yeah I think your on to something there... Interesting to say the least, it's like when I look at the "Run to the hills Eddie", I'm thinking he's more like "Killers Eddie" from the Killers album.
I think they got those confused as well now that I think about it...

Esquatcho
02-16-2019, 01:57 AM
Nice pickup!

Zantarath
02-20-2019, 04:01 PM
run to the hills is based on the album cover with yellow shirt
they could have just swapped shirt color of run to the hills and we would have killers eddie
but i guess to make us feel the dev's effort they made a different model which shows that the devs are actully doing some justice

scott-5496
02-20-2019, 04:18 PM
My kid said the same thing about Icarus - he know the word to the song and asked me abbout it...why is he metal Dad? I had no answer - why is Daedalus the one that is burned......maybe need to read up on it a bit more but they may well have got them mixed up!

Muzzleloader
02-20-2019, 04:31 PM
Icarus never was burned. The wax on his wings melted and the feathers fell off. He then fell into the water and drowned.

I dont know why daedalus wing appears to be burnt.

MetalKing
02-20-2019, 06:34 PM
In mythology Daedalus is a craftsman, so probably works around forges, tools, clock works and metals. That would explain the burnt wings.

Liu
02-20-2019, 07:00 PM
My kid said the same thing about Icarus - he know the word to the song and asked me abbout it...why is he metal Dad? I had no answer - why is Daedalus the one that is burned......maybe need to read up on it a bit more but they may well have got them mixed up!

He looks like the inflatable Icarus at live performances, at least the one I been to.