PDA

View Full Version : Death Alley (Dungeon) - Iron Maiden Eddie Debut!

Leviathan
02-17-2019, 12:08 AM
Iron Maiden Eddie is making his Legacy of the Beast debut in a limited-time Dungeon!

From now until February 23rd at 4PM PT, battle in a limited time Dungeon for Prowler Soul Fragments and Primordial Talismans!

The Prowler Soul is a limited time event soul which guarantees a 3★ to 5★ character of any class, with an increased chance of Iron Maiden Eddie, and the Gunner Convict, and an exclusive chance of getting the Gunner Derby Demon and Assassin Prison Cook!

Each Prowler Soul summoned will also grant bonus rewards of 10 Iron Maiden Soul Fragments. Collecting 750 Iron Maiden Soul Fragments guarantees Iron Maiden Eddie!

Prowler Souls can be earned in one of three ways:

Venture into Death Alley and take down vicious gangs of demons! The first time you complete one of the 3 floors available, you will be granted with set rewards including Prowler Souls and Serenity Talismans. All subsequent victories are guaranteed to provide Gunner Soul Fragments, as well as a chance of up to 2 bonus rewards, including Primordial Talismans.
There are Event Challenges that will grant you Prowler Soul Fragments. Getting 200 fragments will earn you a Prowler Soul, with up to 10 Souls that can be earned from challenges over the course of the event.
The store offers Prowler Souls for Ironite in the usual bundle sizes of 1, 3, or 10.

In addition to Prowler Soul Fragments, completing event challenges will grant various other rewards, including Ironite, Mimic Talismans and Frontier Coins!

Prowler Souls contain the following highlights:

Increased Chance of:

Iron Maiden Eddie (5★ Gunner):
A negative area of effects offensive caster who removes beneficial effects from the enemies and applies powerful negative effects if he is suffering from negative effects.

Check out more on Iron Maiden Eddie in his Character Discussions forum post. (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?11432-Iron-Maiden-Eddie-(Gunner-Type))

Convict (3★ Gunner):
A single-target damager who can Disable Passive and Block Beneficial effects. Can blind enemy targets for 2 turns.

Exclusive Chance of:

Derby Demon (4★ Gunner)
A damage dealing demon who can disable the enemy's passive ability, remove immunity, and inflict Exhaust on enemies if Trap is not present at the start of her turn.

Prison Cook (3★ Assassin)
A single-target damager who can Cleanse and Heal all allies suffering from Blind or Taunt. Heals all allies based on the number of negative effects present and Cleanse the existing effects including silver debuffs

The Gunner Derby Demon and Assassin Prison Cook are ONLY available in the Prowler Soul, and after this event, they will only be featured occasionally in Heroic Soul Rotations. If you miss your chance to recruit them now, it may be a very long time until you get another chance!

Finally, we have a few deals available in the store to help with gearing up Iron Maiden Eddie:

We have Power up deal on offer! This packs provide Ironite, a bit of gold, 5★ XP Shards to power up a new Iron Maiden Eddie!
Lightbringer Relics are back to help bolster your characters for the event dungeon! Head to the Specials Store to purchase these limited-time Relics and gain increases on your Attack, Defense and HP stats in the Lord of Light and Death Alley Dungeons.
If you find yourself unable to complete the Primordial talisman set, you can buy two of the featured talisman for Ironite (i.e. the 500 Ironite pack will grant you 2x Primordial Talismans).
Mimic Talismans are also obtainable from the store for Ironite or IAP. You can get 2 talismans to finish making a set for Ironite, and if you’d like to get a full set of the talisman with some bonus Ironite, Gold and Sands of War, there is a one-time only offer as an IAP.

Mimic Talismans are yellow talismans with a 4 set effect! Equip a full set to Copy all the Beneficial Effects, including Golden Effects of a random enemy at the start of battle. This set will also allow you to Copy one beneficial effect from a random enemy after each action!

rags-6094
02-17-2019, 12:18 AM
Has Iron Maiden Eddie been added to all Gunner class souls? I.e G/A rare souls mythical etc? And if so is the increased chance of getting him on all soul types or only prowler souls?

Nemo-6969
02-17-2019, 12:33 AM
I think he can be a rare gunner\assassin soul. I got him out of a mythical gunner soul.

The 3 star gunner convict is in normal gunner assassin souls as well.

rags-6094
02-17-2019, 12:34 AM
Yep your right I did the same thing and got him instantly!

infinite dreamer
02-17-2019, 12:44 AM
Same here, nice job guys!

Amarthir
02-17-2019, 12:45 AM
I don't see him in any soul except for Gunner Mythical, of which he is the only option. Has anyone gotten him in a different soul?

infinite dreamer
02-17-2019, 12:50 AM
I got him in a gunner mythical soul. 23 ss

rags-6094
02-17-2019, 12:59 AM
It's a good thing I did it that way because from the first 6 souls I couldn't even get a themed character all 3* sacrificial fodder....

Highace
02-17-2019, 01:05 AM
I'm surprised by how easy this dungeon is compared to some previous ones. It probably has something to do with KP being a beast but still, very surprised about being able to consistantly complete this on madness with little to no difficulty.

Iron Eddie's lookin' damn good tho. Hoping to obtain him for sure.

infinite dreamer
02-17-2019, 01:30 AM
Very strange, I just dropped in 6 rare gunner souls and pulled the 4* gunner derby demon. She didn't end up on my character roster because she's supposed to be exclusive to prowler souls. Thought I got extremely lucky for a minute there! :D

Doh, just realized it was the 3* gunner convict I pulled! Been spinning the vortex so much it's getting to me.

rags-6094
02-17-2019, 01:37 AM
Awesome work! I might have to give that a try! I think they may have made a mistake, Iron Maiden Eddie should not be the only 5* Gunner being available on the Gunner Mythical Soul....

bort
02-17-2019, 02:29 AM
team for gunner madness?

Muzzleloader
02-17-2019, 02:30 AM
The golden mythical souls give the new Eddie. Not much need to do the challenges for anyone who didn't spend it already.

Any suggestions on a team to defeat madness?

Highace
02-17-2019, 03:01 AM
My team for madness is:
Hallowed Eddie (Valor)
Warrior Lilith (Rage/Shell)
Killer Prime (Energy/Fate)
The Prisoner (Zone/Warp)
Unfortunately, this setup does not work for auto-farming. For beating the dungeon manually though, it does the job pretty well.

Amarthir
02-17-2019, 03:14 AM
The golden mythical souls give the new Eddie. Not much need to do the challenges for anyone who didn't spend it already.

Getting the Gunner Mythical almost killed me tbh. Dozens upon dozens of Sacrifices from tier 5-7 and probably like ten or fifteen vortexes just to get a collective amount of 200 Gunner Mythical fragments. Talk about bad luck. But at least in return I got nearly 2000 ironite and a couple hundred skillys.

WickermanBR
02-17-2019, 03:17 AM
Very good animation on the Fury move of this new Eddie. One thing I've always felt looking at the cover of this album, how eddie's eyes are hypnotic. They hit it right.
Great job with the dungeon too, really cool.

So from what I understand, the event grants gunner frags, which can be converted into gunner souls, which in turn, guarantee epic gunner frags, convert epic gunner souls and win mythical gunner frags, finally, converted into mythical gunner soul / Iron Maiden Eddie, is that it? I understood right?

My team for gunner manual:
Doomsday Eddie (warlord / energy);
Osiris (redemption / energy);
Lilith (which she did guaranteed immunity);
Prisoner (primordials).
I confess that it is not the best team, I think I ended up losing about 3/13 matches, but maybe it will work well if you are not as sleepy as me.

I hope this helps in some way.
Cheers

Waffen
02-17-2019, 03:18 AM
team for gunner madness?

I am using the following setup to auto farm madness under 1:30

Assasin banshee
FFE (eternal)
KP (immunity, sustain, warlord)
Madam (Oracle)

You can probably replace madam with someone else as she doesn’t bring anything to the table. Maybe demon spawn for crave or maybe prisonaer. Idk, I will experiment more later, for now I am tired from the sac event lol.

Muzzleloader
02-17-2019, 03:25 AM
I still am doing the sac event, taking it kind of slow.

Are the rewards for madness as good as last dungeon event. If not I dont need the event. Already got the new Eddie and demon derby. Dont need the primordial, mimic or serenity.

Waffen
02-17-2019, 03:56 AM
I still am doing the sac event, taking it kind of slow.

Are the rewards for madness as good as last dungeon event. If not I dont need the event. Already got the new Eddie and demon derby. Dont need the primordial, mimic or serenity.

As per the rewards list, it’s the same as previous dungeon. So could potentially be just as good assuming they didn’t nerf the drop rates.

I haven’t been farming as much today. But I will farm a lot tomorrow since I need primodials and while I do I will keep track of the rewards.

AcesHigh189
02-17-2019, 04:02 AM
While I am a little surprised not to see any blood fragments during this event. Is Part 3 of the Night City Mega event even happening this month. It's not really hinted in this month's events.

HuckFinn150
02-17-2019, 04:53 AM
I'm working on the Assassin challenge now. Pondering on the Gunner challenge. I think for it I'll use Hallowed, Ibuki, Prisoner and Osiris. Like Rags, I got Eddie and the Convict from the event shouls provided after my first 3 runs. I was surprised as to how easily he dropped. I haven't seen a single primordial talisman yet. I got the serenity set. I've only gotten 70 Eddie fragments from 63 runs so far. Battery is dying do I'll finish the assassin and Gunner challenges tomorrow.

Zantarath
02-17-2019, 05:04 AM
I have a perfect theam that will always win in madness it did get super close one time tho

Alexander (valor)
The Madam (oracle)
Horus or ferry man or sentinel corrupted rescruer (warlord+whatever)
Killer prime(warlord+ sustainx2)

the team wil murder whatever, when it comes to the boss Alexander will murder it

unfortunately i haventexperienced with gunner only yet
(i'm likely to shove my toons full of the silver immune talisman and angel talisman so the entire team is basically alexander?)

infinite dreamer
02-17-2019, 05:38 AM
I got one primordial talisman on hard when I was doing the assassin challenge runs. This is the auto team I'm running on madness. Hasn't lost, but I'm sure with some talisman re-arranging, it can go quicker. (best was 1:14 so far).
POM Ed (angel/guard)
Killer Prime (shadow/true shield)
Set (eclipse)
Prisoner (primordial)

druid138
02-17-2019, 05:46 AM
For auto-farming Madness, I'm using:

FFE (Eternals)
Sekhmet (Valors)
Prisoner (Primordials)
Killer Prime

It usually takes under a minute - best was 46 seconds. I did lose once in about 60 runs so far, so it's not foolproof. Also, I burned some gold on both levels of ATK and MAGIC dungeon relics in the Store, which is also helping a lot, I'm sure.

Esquatcho
02-17-2019, 06:13 AM
So the only way to get prowler souls after the challenges is to buy them? No accruing them through the grind?

infinite dreamer
02-17-2019, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the heads up druid138. I didn't notice the dungeon relics for gold. Maybe I'll pick some up tomorrow, I'm done for today.

Wyphy
02-17-2019, 06:24 AM
Fixed as of about GMT -6; 5 in gunner mythical now.
Got a 'new data available' when I finished something.

Is in gunner rare and mythical, rare gun/assassin and legendary, along with prowler souls.

Esquatcho
02-17-2019, 07:24 AM
Anyone got a reliable auto for madness? I have some fast teams, but they all die sometimes. I dont have many relics though... Maybe I should just buy some lightbringers.

So far Im optimistic about Hallowed/Osiris/KP/Assassin Hellraiser

Rory
02-17-2019, 10:40 AM
I got wiped out on the first wave of the madness while doing exactly zero damage to the enemy, on account of their healing skills, lol. I'd be open to suggestions if any of my characters might work, ingame name is "Rory-5307"

URock
02-17-2019, 10:59 AM
Gunner only madness seems impossible for me. Any ideas?

DanielRacy
02-17-2019, 11:22 AM
All gunner madness auto:

HE valor
Shinobi mark and purge
Osiris redemption and energy
Prisoner primordial

On auto I got 7 straight wins, then I lost, came here, going back to the game to finish this challenge.

URock
02-17-2019, 11:42 AM
I got no Shinobi gunner and the main problem is, that the Prisoner early get killed and he can't be revive, so the win doesn't count, because the whole team needs to survive.

Banished
02-17-2019, 11:45 AM
For Assassin in hard mode, I used:

Beast Eddie
Assassin lilith
The Killer
Assassin shinobi

Around 1'11'' per run

Ip4
02-17-2019, 11:56 AM
i don't have better characters for GUNNER only on madness(on manual) than this:
https://i.ibb.co/j5BPSyh/61-E874-E6-B910-4359-B52-E-4-D25-CD8-D2-D46.png

is there any gunner character who remove golden buffs or shroud?

URock
02-17-2019, 12:00 PM
Found another working gunner only team:

HE (valor)
Osiris (advantage/echo)
Banshee (primordial)
Prisoner (primordial)

Not 100% safe on auto, but most time winning.

HK-47
02-17-2019, 12:37 PM
Funny, Death Alley Driver is a Rainbow song

Esquatcho
02-17-2019, 01:02 PM
Gunner only madness seems impossible for me. Any ideas?

Not sure if theres an auto-team, but on manual hallowed eddie + osiris + prisoner (primordials) + gunner lilith is OK.

For auto, non challenge, Im finding BBE/Prisoner/KP/Assassin Hellraiser seems to be most reliable (even if not necessarily the fastest).

Edit: Nope, that gunner team just worked once for me and that was it! lol..... That 1st round is the painful one. Need a way to block their buffs...
Edit Edit: Gunner ninja instead of lilith seems a bit better. You get immunity from prisoner+primordials anyway, so casting crave and big attack seems to be more useful. Still manual only though...

Esquatcho
02-17-2019, 01:04 PM
Anyone able to tell me who the banshee (?) with the machine gun is in the 3rd round of madness is?

fantomz
02-17-2019, 01:05 PM
Gunner only Madness:

Halloweed Eddie - Angel/Dominace
Angel of Mercy - Destiny/Advantage
Lilith - Life/Sustainig/Inspirational
Prisoner - Primordial

Auto team,bite the wood a few times,but it`s working for me.

The other team is

Alexander - Strike/Titan
Assassin Banshhe - Warlord/Advantage/Immunity
Killer Prime - Warlord/Sustainig?Immunity
Sekhmet - Echo/Shell

Say that Alexander is worthless ;)

Esquatcho
02-17-2019, 01:16 PM
I got wiped out on the first wave of the madness while doing exactly zero damage to the enemy, on account of their healing skills, lol. I'd be open to suggestions if any of my characters might work, ingame name is "Rory-5307"

Hey Rory, if its the 1st round, you want to get rid of those buffs asap imo. So I'd think about alchemist probably.

Id go Benjamin, though not sure if eternals are best on him for this. Ive given him a force shield and assassins to maximise damage, but give him a bit more protection. Then Id be looking at maybe gunner banshee & Blue lilith though Id invest in some destiny talismans from the trooper store for her... and not sure about the rest. Maybe Sekhmet? Probably her, osiris or charlotte. Last option might be try the alliance general with the eternals.

Alternatively, you could try the eternity eddie + sekhmet, infinite turn trick (never tried it myself)?

Some future planning stuff - You should definitely invest in your assassin hellraiser. Also, keep an eye out for an assassin demon spawn. its only a 3*, but crave for 3 turns is amazing against healing units.

Anyway, hope this helps with some ideas. Good luck!

WickermanBR
02-17-2019, 02:31 PM
Anyone able to tell me who the banshee (?) with the machine gun is in the 3rd round of madness is?

That Gunner, on the third wave, is the debut, Gunner Derby Demon.

Ezz
02-17-2019, 04:14 PM
Serious question - has anyone had a primordial drop? I’ve cleared almost 250 rounds and have not see one. I know these events have bad drop rates on talis but I’ve never seen it this bad. After 250 rounds I’d have at least one if not two already.

I’d just like to know if they are actually available before I waste more time and ironite chasing ghosts.

Banished
02-17-2019, 04:19 PM
Serious question - has anyone had a primordial drop? I’ve cleared almost 250 rounds and have not see one. I know these events have bad drop rates on talis but I’ve never seen it this bad. After 250 rounds I’d have at least one if not two already.

I’d just like to know if they are actually available before I waste more time and ironite chasing ghosts.

Yes I got one in Madness.

Is it normal to do not earn any prowler frags from dungeon ? ok to receive gunner frags but when I open such frags, i do not receive any prowler frags. Something I'm missing?

Saigrim
02-17-2019, 04:45 PM
Yes I got one in Madness.

Is it normal to do not earn any prowler frags from dungeon ? ok to receive gunner frags but when I open such frags, i do not receive any prowler frags. Something I'm missing?

There are not supposed to be Prowler frags. Only Prowler Souls you are getting are from the event rewards and the store.

Banished
02-17-2019, 04:59 PM
There are not supposed to be Prowler frags. Only Prowler Souls you are getting are from the event rewards and the store.

txs Saigrim.

So except if you spend like 900 ironite*6 times in the store (at least and counting the frags received during the event), you can have it. I did not receive that amount of ironite from the Sac event.

NExt.

Wyphy
02-17-2019, 06:28 PM

You can hold on any character in any match and see their info.
Doesn't show talisman but shows stats and skills.

StormArrow
02-17-2019, 07:01 PM
Well, for me, getting the primmordials are the main objective, and Im getting lots of trouble too. I can't autoplay on madness with my team, so I keep running hard difficulty, and already 200 rounds and no talisman yet :( That is sad, they should at least show how the drop rate % is on the rewards screen.

I see lots of people complaining about how low the chances are, here and in the fb page, but devs seems that don't care. For a time now, everything seems so hard to get, like events that only the top players can complete, drop rates ridiculously low... for getting the stuff, or you are extremly lucky or you put some good money in the game, and beleave me, the price conversion to brazil money is absurd (rank up pack 3 is like ~20% the minimum wage here!).

Ezz
02-17-2019, 07:09 PM
Over 300 runs at not one primordial. Sorry but this is straight bulls*#t.

So the top players have 2 3 4 sets of these, and now we have an event where someone who does not have a set has spent 500+ ironite and many many hours farming and has not even received one talisman of a set of 6?

Come on - that’s putting in the cost and the time with zero reward.

That’s not a game that’s a joke.

Muzzleloader
02-17-2019, 07:18 PM
How have you done on previous dungeon events pulling talisman. I went over 450 runs on the eternal without a talisman. Then 500 more until the second dropped, third dropped 50 runs later. Next 350 runs pulled the last 3.

You are not only one with bad luck. It seems some get a bunch others get stiffed. I always thought it was RNG on who gets them, not just how often they drop.

Ezz
02-17-2019, 07:32 PM
How have you done on previous dungeon events pulling talisman. I went over 450 runs on the eternal without a talisman. Then 500 more until the second dropped, third dropped 50 runs later. Next 350 runs pulled the last 3.

You are not only one with bad luck. It seems some get a bunch others get stiffed. I always thought it was RNG on who gets them, not just how often they drop.

I’ve done hundreds of runs on each dungeon event and never pulled more than 3 of any set.
Was hoping my luck might change this event.

If what you say about rng for the person is true that’s pure crap. These tali’s are only available through these events. You cannot compete at top levels without them. Giving none to certain folks and an abundance to others is absurd and basically eliminating individuals from competition with zero control over it.
That in and of itself is the description of a garbage game.

gogosox40
02-17-2019, 07:36 PM
Hey Rory, if its the 1st round, you want to get rid of those buffs asap imo. So I'd think about alchemist probably.

Id go Benjamin, though not sure if eternals are best on him for this. Ive given him a force shield and assassins to maximise damage, but give him a bit more protection. Then Id be looking at maybe gunner banshee & Blue lilith though Id invest in some destiny talismans from the trooper store for her... and not sure about the rest. Maybe Sekhmet? Probably her, osiris or charlotte. Last option might be try the alliance general with the eternals.

Alternatively, you could try the eternity eddie + sekhmet, infinite turn trick (never tried it myself)?

Some future planning stuff - You should definitely invest in your assassin hellraiser. Also, keep an eye out for an assassin demon spawn. its only a 3*, but crave for 3 turns is amazing against healing units.

Anyway, hope this helps with some ideas. Good luck!

Esquatcho I'm in the same predicament as Rory. After this last sac event I acquired 9 New Eddies and a fist full of new characters. The last 2 dungeon events (xmas and ferryman) I could not beat madness.
I have some toons and some talis but not sure how to use correctly. Id be open to suggestions as well from anyone. Only if you have a moment. I appreciate all the help for this noob

Muzzleloader
02-17-2019, 07:39 PM
What has been said, if you are the part of the unlucky group it takes 1000-1500 runs to get a full set, or enough to purchase the remainder.

Ezz
02-17-2019, 07:58 PM
What has been said, if you are the part of the unlucky group it takes 1000-1500 runs to get a full set, or enough to purchase the remainder.

If that’s the case then I’ll just quit now. I’ve done nothing to deserve that punishment - I’ll find a game that I can compete at using skill rather than just luck. Too bad - I like Maiden and the characters but I’m not an idiot.

Rory
02-17-2019, 08:58 PM

After experimenting with some more things, (and failing ! :p ), I eventually managed to complete the madness with eternity eddie & Sekhmet, plus the assassin hellraiser (I had some colourless shards to level them up a bit) and Charlotte. New best time: 35:32 lol

So that means I have a 3-set of the Serenity talismans.

Looks like I've picked up 1 primordial talisman, for all the good that would do. Completed death alley 168 times, 166 of them on normal, lol.

Not got any of the special characters from the prowler souls though. And not that keen on spending money for the ironite to get enough prowler souls to guarantee Iron maiden Eddie.

I think I might prefer it if the one-shot rewards for completion of the different difficulties had guaranteed souls. Because it kind of sucks a bit, to go through all of this kind of thing to get souls that give you that 3* undead allied soldier (again), instead of the more interesting characters.

Liu
02-17-2019, 09:00 PM
5 mega refills; 4 of which on normal 1 of which on hard, not a single primordial.
I've only got two primordials which I did pruchase for 500 ironite from the store last time they were available in a dungeon. I didn't manage to find a single primordial last time, I think it'll be the same this time ...

Esquatcho
02-17-2019, 09:00 PM
If that’s the case then I’ll just quit now. I’ve done nothing to deserve that punishment - I’ll find a game that I can compete at using skill rather than just luck. Too bad - I like Maiden and the characters but I’m not an idiot.

Its tough, I get you. But at the same token, many of us went through the same grind to get that set of primordials. Id say its less luck and more just that the game is purely about the grind.

Personally Ive been grinding the past 6 months am stuck with 3 valors, 1 eclipse & 5 eternals. If you miss out in one event, there will be another event later.

But yeah, if you dont enjoy the grind, then there comes a point where this game isnt fun anymore.

That said, I took a break because the grind got too much. Came back a while later and its more fun again.

Esquatcho
02-17-2019, 09:02 PM
After experimenting with some more things, (and failing ! :p ), I eventually managed to complete the madness with eternity eddie & Sekhmet, plus the assassin hellraiser (I had some colourless shards to level them up a bit) and Charlotte. New best time: 35:32 lol

So that means I have a 3-set of the Serenity talismans.

Congrats mate! Thats a decent team you've got there now too :)

Dont forget you can get the eddie through the gunner souls. Got to be a bit lucky, but where else are you going to grind this week?

Esquatcho
02-17-2019, 09:21 PM
Esquatcho I'm in the same predicament as Rory. After this last sac event I acquired 9 New Eddies and a fist full of new characters. The last 2 dungeon events (xmas and ferryman) I could not beat madness.
I have some toons and some talis but not sure how to use correctly. Id be open to suggestions as well from anyone. Only if you have a moment. I appreciate all the help for this noob

OK, so in terms of Eddies, Id try:
Piece of Mind - His fury should be able to clear that 1 round eternals, as long as you've got heavy hitters able to take down the appropriate assassin hellraiser with eternals
Hallowed - With thief talismans, he can set off his fury every 2nd round, every round almost if you have the right relics.
Benjamin - Maybe get rid of those crystals and cosmic and use an energy or shield (forget what the green shield set is called)
Doomsday - I think he's your best bet here, particularly his fury. Your setup looks pretty good too, though there is an argument for thief talismans to get his fury off quicker.

For the team:
Alchemist, like Roray, as he can convert gold buffs to negative
Warrior lilith, as your big hitter - try with strike talismans, or maybe steel...
Madam, sleep them + you get the benefit of the oracles
Not sure of the last. You could try either your gunner lilith, or maybe your PDK or GPD doggies for survivability.

Tbh, its going to be tough with your current depth though. Play around with the invisibility talismans. They can help surviviability. Your guard talismans are also helpful. But I reckon you need more 3 set yellow/greens. Energy talismans/thief/invisibility etc. Really worth building on your talismans I think. Al those crystals arent really well used. Theyre only good on a handful of characters that scale damage on MR (viking eddie/assassin demon spawn), the rest youre better off with talismans that reinforce their damage or provide survivability.

As a more general note its worth improving your Iron Eddie. There are times where he's really useful, particularly together with gunner ninja or assassin demon spawn who cause crave (he has a free move that stuns any unit with crave).

Good luck!

gogosox40
02-17-2019, 09:59 PM
OK, so in terms of Eddies, Id try:
Piece of Mind - His fury should be able to clear that 1 round eternals, as long as you've got heavy hitters able to take down the appropriate assassin hellraiser with eternals
Hallowed - With thief talismans, he can set off his fury every 2nd round, every round almost if you have the right relics.
Benjamin - Maybe get rid of those crystals and cosmic and use an energy or shield (forget what the green shield set is called)
Doomsday - I think he's your best bet here, particularly his fury. Your setup looks pretty good too, though there is an argument for thief talismans to get his fury off quicker.

For the team:
Alchemist, like Roray, as he can convert gold buffs to negative
Warrior lilith, as your big hitter - try with strike talismans, or maybe steel...
Madam, sleep them + you get the benefit of the oracles
Not sure of the last. You could try either your gunner lilith, or maybe your PDK or GPD doggies for survivability.

Tbh, its going to be tough with your current depth though. Play around with the invisibility talismans. They can help surviviability. Your guard talismans are also helpful. But I reckon you need more 3 set yellow/greens. Energy talismans/thief/invisibility etc. Really worth building on your talismans I think. Al those crystals arent really well used. Theyre only good on a handful of characters that scale damage on MR (viking eddie/assassin demon spawn), the rest youre better off with talismans that reinforce their damage or provide survivability.

As a more general note its worth improving your Iron Eddie. There are times where he's really useful, particularly together with gunner ninja or assassin demon spawn who cause crave (he has a free move that stuns any unit with crave).

Good luck!

I really appreciate taking your time to help a brother out.
I will work on my team now so in next month's dungeon event I can pass the madness. I'm at the point where I can't beat night city on normal so I'll keep grinding away.
Again thanks for the tips and help

bort
02-17-2019, 10:37 PM
I have a team that auto's madness and wins 95% of the time.

Alex - Valor
KP - Shadow, Sdvantage
Alchemist - Angel, Warlord
Ass Banshee - Dominance, Immunity, Cosmic T2 (+15% health)

Team finishes it reasonably quick; the fastest is about a minute, though i've seen it hit 3 minutes before.

Banshee gets primaried often as the biggest threat, which is why she is wearing the dominance tals + the cosmic. It might be worth it to swap the immunity tals for Tranquility to help sustain longer fights.

I've found quicker comps by swapping the banshee for other characters, but it invariably drops the winrate to an amount lower than I'd like.

---

Just saw this post: https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?11437-Death-Alley-Madness&p=93131&viewfull=1#post93131

Final Frontier Eddie - Eternal
Charlottes - Echo
Killer Prime - Shadow, Advantage
Prisoner - Primordial

And it clocks in reliably at about a minute

Esquatcho
02-18-2019, 01:43 AM
I really appreciate taking your time to help a brother out.
I will work on my team now so in next month's dungeon event I can pass the madness. I'm at the point where I can't beat night city on normal so I'll keep grinding away.
Again thanks for the tips and help

No worries mate. I was probably about your stage 6 months ago, keep pushing through the events as best you can and your team will improve and soon enough, you'll be trying to get the madness special challenges!

vpachev
02-18-2019, 03:16 AM
What I have noticed in this events is that usually talisman drops are correlated to run dungeon xxx times top goal. I have done about 250 runs now and got 3 primordials. I had one spare, bought two with ironite.

I got a good team for madness auto 1-1:30 per run:
FFE - eternals
KP - whatevs
Prisoner - primordial
Red goddess - valor

Good luck everybody.

Liu
02-18-2019, 11:45 AM
Currently on the 8th mega-refill and haven't seen a single primordial drop so far. I wonder whether I should give up at this point. When even 1k ironite don't yield a single primordial ... how much do I need for a total of 4 ?

MetalKing
02-18-2019, 12:55 PM
What is the best gunner team to auto the madness difficulty? I have most gunner Eddie's except the new one of course, prisoner, osiris, gunner lilith, corrupt rescuer, no gunner banshee and no gunner shinobi .

scott-5496
02-18-2019, 01:00 PM
Thankfully I dont really need any Primordial tallies as got several sets already - I have had two drop and nearly at the 290 count now. Got the rest of the new characters but not IM Eddie which is the way og things usually for me. Grindathon commence!

kgk56
02-18-2019, 01:13 PM
What is the best gunner team to auto the madness difficulty? I have most gunner Eddie's except the new one of course, prisoner, osiris, gunner lilith, corrupt rescuer, no gunner banshee and no gunner shinobi .

I did it auto with:
- Hallowed (Valor)
- Prisonner (Primordial)
- Osiris (Strike)
- Redan (Destiny / Sustain)
99% the team alive
1% Redan die and can't be revived (so Osiris is quite useless here but he's a gunner, so ...)

kgk56
02-18-2019, 01:14 PM
Currently on the 8th mega-refill and haven't seen a single primordial drop so far. I wonder whether I should give up at this point. When even 1k ironite don't yield a single primordial ... how much do I need for a total of 4 ?

I've completed a full set today (sub offensive) and far from 500 runs

Blade
02-18-2019, 01:17 PM
I've completed a full set today (sub offensive) and far from 500 runs

Lucky you!!! Very uncommon high drop rate there!

kgk56
02-18-2019, 01:23 PM
Lucky you!!! Very uncommon high drop rate there!

Yeah, but no money for upgrade 'em ... all my money goes in the sac (and I'm far from finish)

Blade
02-18-2019, 03:31 PM
Update: first Primordial drop after 248 runs!

scott-5496
02-18-2019, 03:39 PM
In case it helps no gunner auto team found yet but doing manual with:

Krampus
Hallowed
Lilith
Osiris

No issues at all with this team on manual but to save time keeping it manual as tok ages on auto and had the odd defeat too.

Muzzleloader
02-18-2019, 03:43 PM
Liu, you seem to be in the unlucky pool of players for the talisman drop. Either you get lucky and they drop like mad or you get stiffed and take 1000+ battles for a few talisman. As I've said before there is a RNG for players to get the good drop rates vs the actual drop rate.

How does everyone think the rest of the rewards are this event. I've only run 150 battles and cant really give a good opinion on reward drops. I dont think I am getting that many colorless shards.

kgk56
02-18-2019, 03:46 PM
In case it helps no gunner auto team found yet but doing manual with:

Krampus
Hallowed
Lilith
Osiris

No issues at all with this team on manual but to save time keeping it manual as tok ages on auto and had the odd defeat too.

My suggestion Hallowed - Prisoner - Osiris - Redan on auto:
- first wave, choose the Hellraisers
- second wave, choose the Killer ed
- third wave, choose the banshee
- fourth wave, choose the banshee (the gunner tricksters are a pain in the ass and may took minutes to wipe out)
- fifth wave, the assassin banshee then Iron Maiden Ed

Nearly 100% wins

scott-5496
02-18-2019, 03:48 PM
My suggestion Hallowed - Prisoner - Osiris - Redan on auto:
- first wave, choose the Hellraisers
- second wave, choose the Killer ed
- third wave, choose the banshee
- fourth wave, choose the banshee (the gunner tricksters are a pain in the ass and may took minutes to wipe out)
- fifth wave, the assassin banshee then Iron Maiden Ed

Nearly 100% wins

Great team but not got Redan - one of the few I am missing! Its fine though I will get there on manual.

HuckFinn150
02-18-2019, 04:10 PM
I got it done on manual with Hallowed, Ibuki, Prisoner and Osiris. Long grind....

Inishmore
02-18-2019, 06:44 PM
Well RNG can be a bitch. The last time Talisman were featured in a Dungeon event I got exactly one single Talisman after grinding about 800 times. This time I am at my 151 runs and got 5 Talisman. So to all those unlucky: Hang in there been there, done that, but you can't change RNG

Ezz
02-18-2019, 07:43 PM

I did around 600 runs without any primordials and I gave up. I would love to have a set but who knows I could run it 10,000 times and not get one so I am over it.
I think it’s silly to have a component of a game that is quite crucial available only to some who get lucky.
Why not just make it fair and say make an achievement ties to it. “Complete 1000 runs of the dungeon and receive a complete primordial set”. Those that want to compete will put in the time, those that don’t care wont. It’s absurd that some have a full set in 300 runs and others get nothing for 1000 runs. It’s not the same as getting a lucky soul drop - this is countless hours of grinding for squat.

So F it, I just won’t compete.

Muzzleloader
02-18-2019, 08:09 PM
Ezz, there is no good comprimise. The ones who get lucky think the event is great. The last dungeon event if you didn't get lucky and pull Eddie it took 30 hours of grinding to earn him. I didn't have time, but my nephew did it for me. SWE is not a game changer, but all the rewards were worth the cost approximately 2800 net ironite.

You never know when or if your luck will change. It took 900 battles to earn my first 2 eternals, then less than 600 more battles four 4 more. I know several others had similar results.

Ezz
02-18-2019, 08:16 PM
Ezz, there is no good comprimise. The ones who get lucky think the event is great. The last dungeon event if you didn't get lucky and pull Eddie it took 30 hours of grinding to earn him. I didn't have time, but my nephew did it for me. SWE is not a game changer, but all the rewards were worth the cost approximately 2800 net ironite.

You never know when or if your luck will change. It took 900 battles to earn my first 2 eternals, then less than 600 more battles four 4 more. I know several others had similar results.

There is a good compromise as I said above - difficult stretch goals to earn the prize.

And what about the people who maybe tried grinding the dungeon say 2500 times without having a tali drop? That very well may have happened! What do you say to him? Keep trying? Where do you draw the line and say it’s not worth the time or effort?

Amarthir
02-18-2019, 08:24 PM
Still trying to find a Gunner team that can win auto. Last team I used did win but barely and then I got a server error. Classy.

Liu
02-18-2019, 08:25 PM
I think it’s silly to have a component of a game that is quite crucial available only to some who get lucky.

I think that's the very point here. Primordials are just a must have - none of the heroic exclusive toons (let's include ferryman) or any other of the 6-sets are as important as primordials. Just look at the auto play suggestions for this dungeon on madness (or the previous dungeon) - they all include primordials. It's a big disadvantage not having them.

Muzzleloader
02-18-2019, 08:28 PM
I gave up on the valor talisman dungeon after 1300 battles. Some people get lucky some dont, thats the way of the game. It doesnt always seen fair, but that's life. Theres some people who haven't pull a certain toon after playing two years, while others pull dupes of it all the time.

Is grinding 30 hours for a specific toon worth it, not in my opinion. Not everyone had the time or resources. It could be considered unfair that some earned SWE the hard way while others pulled it on the first event soul.

Liu
02-18-2019, 08:44 PM
I'm not complaining about the unfairness of a slot machine. I'm complaining that it is applied to something as crucial as primordials. I don't care much about other event exclusive toons or talismans. They are nice to haves, but not must haves. And quite frankly the other 6-sets don't even begin to compare. Eclipse are a joke, and the blue ones were pretty much custom designed for minazuki ... And yes I had my fair share of tough luck in past events too, but I didn't and still don't care much.

/e: It'd be real nice if they'd publish the odds for these talismans. I'd also be highly interested in the variance, but for that we'd have to pool our results. Also I'm curious to know whether the odds are different for difficulty levels. You save 40% on SoT when grinding on normal, plus if the returns on SoT are the same for each difficulty you get a higher return in normal as you can play more often with the same SoT endowment.

Okay, enough complaining for today, will post again should I be getting a primordial.

Cheers

Maiden68
02-18-2019, 08:50 PM

I got Neither... unless Clansman Eddie and Hallowed Eddie were part of the so called event, Which I'm no closer to now than countless hours of mind numbing grinding ;)
And not to mention some other interesting characters I'm surely keeping, now for the endless task of Grinding to Level these Champions!!

Blade
02-18-2019, 08:52 PM
Still trying to find a Gunner team that can win auto. Last team I used did win but barely and then I got a server error. Classy.

I had also a server crash with MACLO and the "restart needed" error, right at the end of the very last Skull Quest. Of course no rewards and the SQ is not available anymore now. Classy classic.

Ezz
02-18-2019, 09:05 PM
I'm not complaining about the unfairness of a slot machine. I'm complaining that it is applied to something as crucial as primordials.

Bingo!
I’ve failed to get toons during events as well and never complained. But tali sets that literally change the meta and make it tough to compete without them? Everyone should have an equal chance to achieve. Heck they did it with fortune talis just now in the gauntlet event , not exactly crucial talis but I digress.

Why not just make collectible toons or “nice to have items” dependent on luck and crucial items earnable even if incredibly difficult? It just makes sense.

HuckFinn150
02-18-2019, 09:34 PM
I didn't get a single talisman other than the serenity and the mimic. Not one primordial dropped for me. I have a set on my cyborg, but not sure I understand them. He's still fairly easy to kill and without a good team to back him up, he's dead quick. I have to admit he builds fury fast.

Natasmai
02-18-2019, 11:06 PM
I finished all achievements for this event plus maybe another 100 runs . 600 runs zero primordial. I literally only need 1. Just 1 FFS.....

Natasmai
02-18-2019, 11:15 PM
Also, my gunner team was

Hallowed with valor
Prisoner with primordial
Ninja with Mark and serenity
Banshee with future and force

I think I should have had force on ninja also. She always died if anyone did. Eddie revived her.

Banshee hits like a truck, she was awesome.

Had to do it manual though.

Amarthir
02-18-2019, 11:47 PM
Those purple lardtards really irritate me. They always single out my Eddie and beat him up. Not like I can protect him because they remove everything that I have.

My manual Gunner team is this

Doomsday Eddie: Warlord, Inspiration, Cosmic, random green

Osiris: Redemption, Guard

Angel of Mercy: Destiny, Sustaining

Gunner Lilith: Life, Sacrificial, random blue

Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Open to suggestions.

Natasmai
02-18-2019, 11:56 PM
Those purple lardtards really irritate me. They always single out my Eddie and beat him up. Not like I can protect him because they remove everything that I have.

Those are the guys that kill my ninja. They must be stunned or you will lose someone. I always stun 1 with hallowed eddie, but most of the time my prisoner stun wouldn't proc, so I would try to blast him down with the rest of my attacks, almost never worked though.

They are the first kill characters though.

Anyone know where you get the purple fatbastard? One of the only toons I'm missing.

Amarthir
02-19-2019, 12:18 AM
You know what? This Gunner only challenge can kiss the lower part of the back of the temple that is my body. Good thing I have excess ironite that I can use to buy the last 2 mimic talismans.

GrimDusk
02-19-2019, 12:49 AM
Those are the guys that kill my ninja. They must be stunned or you will lose someone. I always stun 1 with hallowed eddie, but most of the time my prisoner stun wouldn't proc, so I would try to blast him down with the rest of my attacks, almost never worked though.

They are the first kill characters though.

Anyone know where you get the purple fatbastard? One of the only toons I'm missing.

The Assassin Hellraiser and the Gunner Trickster were available in the Gangland Fragment Event back in either November or October. They haven't been added back to normal souls yet, so you can't access them. The trickster is okay, but the hellraiser is damn good against pretty much any PvP team, and he can equip eternal talismans.

Esquatcho
02-19-2019, 12:50 AM
Well RNG can be a bitch. The last time Talisman were featured in a Dungeon event I got exactly one single Talisman after grinding about 800 times. This time I am at my 151 runs and got 5 Talisman. So to all those unlucky: Hang in there been there, done that, but you can't change RNG

This! In events so far over the past 6 months Ive had everything from 1 drop to a full set+1. You just never know!

Esquatcho
02-19-2019, 12:52 AM
I think that's the very point here. Primordials are just a must have - none of the heroic exclusive toons (let's include ferryman) or any other of the 6-sets are as important as primordials. Just look at the auto play suggestions for this dungeon on madness (or the previous dungeon) - they all include primordials. It's a big disadvantage not having them.

Id same eternals are more important imo.

rags-6094
02-19-2019, 03:43 AM
I don't think I've had an Arena defensive team with Primordials for 3-6 months, I don't use them for the attack team either excepting while I'm trialling a new character with them, but while your still building your strengths and characters list they are definately worth the effort!

DanielRacy
02-19-2019, 05:38 AM
This team did the trick for the gunner challenge on auto.

HE valor
Shinobi mark and purge
Prisoner primordial

Fudjo
02-19-2019, 05:59 AM
This team did the trick for the gunner challenge on auto.

HE valor
Shinobi mark and purge
Prisoner primordial

I gave that team a go and it got killed on the first attempt.

EDIT: On manual it works fine. However, there's a problem where the bad guys aren't generating Immunity for Osiris to trigger off of.

Liu
02-19-2019, 07:56 AM
The Assassin Hellraiser and the Gunner Trickster were available in the Gangland Fragment Event back in either November or October. They haven't been added back to normal souls yet, so you can't access them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they're also part of the heroic rotation. I've pulled a purple fatass somewhere other than the event souls.

URock
02-19-2019, 12:28 PM
No IM Eddie for me 2!

IM Eddie is available in Mystic Souls twoo, but I only got the other new toons. Over 500 runs on normal and hard gave me 2 (!) Talismans...droprates are so damn low...boring and frustrating game. They want money for this stupid farming? Never!

BTW: most of these "epic" souls only give 4* toons...this isn't "epic"!

Blade
02-19-2019, 12:32 PM
Aren't the "epic" souls supposed to do exactly that - giving 4* guaranteed with no chance for a 3* , but also no chance for a 5*
That's how I understood it.

This said I don't know yet what to do with them. Shall I see tham as sacrifice fodder only or is better to save them until a new 4* character is released (and not only available via event souls) to have a better chance to get the new char (compared to a rare soul). What do you guys think?

Ip4
02-19-2019, 12:56 PM
i opened all epic souls from all class and sacrifice them because i have all that characters,saving mystical souls for upcoming characters or maybe next sacrifice event.

Blade
02-19-2019, 01:08 PM
i opened all epic souls from all class and sacrifice them because i have all that characters,saving mystical souls for upcoming characters or maybe next sacrifice event.

Ok that's also a nice strategy to keep the sacrifice going on. Thanks for the info! Do we get any extras from opening epics, like legendary frags or something? Would make sense but this was not listed in the january update info (I just checked).
I didn't touch the epics yet, so I have quite a lot. Hmm hard decision!

dragonmat89
02-19-2019, 01:26 PM
Ok that's also a nice strategy to keep the sacrifice going on. Thanks for the info! Do we get any extras from opening epics, like legendary frags or something? Would make sense but this was not listed in the january update info (I just checked).
I didn't touch the epics yet, so I have quite a lot. Hmm hard decision!

Epics give Mythical frags @ 25 frags per soul, so 20 epics gives a mythical of that class. Quite useful if they build up!

Blade
02-19-2019, 01:37 PM
Epics give Mythical frags @ 25 frags per soul, so 20 epics gives a mythical of that class. Quite useful if they build up!

Really???? Wow, that's valuable information! Thank you very much!
Very strange that this is not written anywhere.

Ip4
02-19-2019, 01:39 PM
300 runs on madness without single primordial,i need to start farming on normal maybe they are there...

Esquatcho
02-19-2019, 01:44 PM
BTW: most of these "epic" souls only give 4* toons...this isn't "epic"!

Epic souls only ever give 4*. But the value of them is that once you drop them, they turn into mythical shards. Though epic perhaps wasnt the best word choice, I'll agree :)

Muzzleloader
02-19-2019, 02:13 PM
Epic souls only give 4* characters. Legendary give mostly 4* with occasionally 5* while mythic only give 5*.

IME can be found in rare gunner, rare G/A, gunner mythical and IME souls.

Liu
02-19-2019, 02:17 PM
300 runs on madness without single primordial,i need to start farming on normal maybe they are there...

If you are only concerned with talsiman drops, I recommend you farm normal. It's 40% cheaper than madness plus the return per SoT invested is higher as well.
I hadn't received any Talisman on the first 10 mega refills. But the 11th 12th and 13th went quite well yielding a total of 5 !
When I have RNG tough luck and there is enough time to try again later, I usually do that in the hopes that I'm tapping into a better RNG-string. But since we know nothing about NF's random number generating process you may as well all it superstition.

Chaosego888
02-19-2019, 06:24 PM
You know what? This Gunner only challenge can kiss the lower part of the back of the temple that is my body. Good thing I have excess ironite that I can use to buy the last 2 mimic talismans.If you're still having trouble with this, I used Cyborg Eddie, Banshee, Baroness Redan and Lilith. I didn't have time to play it manually but it went 15-4 on auto. If you don't have Redan, the Shinobi or Prisoner might be a suitable replacement. Cyborg and Banshee both had Primordials

URock
02-19-2019, 06:50 PM
Update:

after 700 runs (didn't count after 500) I got 5 Talismans (+ one from last event). Now farming the new Eddie...

HuckFinn150
02-19-2019, 07:39 PM
I played with the new Eddie some today and he's not maxed, but seems very strong. I have to say I don't care for watching him.

Yup
02-19-2019, 08:09 PM
I like the slight "creepiness" he brings :) It conveys the album cover wonderfully.

320 Runs on Madness + 15 Normal + 15 Hard = 1 Primordial drop

Saigrim
02-19-2019, 09:24 PM
I love his look and animation. Captures the punk of Maidens early years. Though, due to the eff'ed up twitch he does, the wife and I have dubbed him Crack Head Eddie.

Or simply, Crack Ed.

Mizrael
02-19-2019, 09:53 PM
For all those of you who pulled the eddie from a handful of souls...here is my story:

I didn’t find him in 78 Souls!!! (assassin cook anyone? i didn’t see that one either)
-spent 4 days in the pit
-opened 1000s of Legendary, Mythical, all kinds of gunner souls (Aces highs,Rainmakers&Cyborgs flying left and right, but no Iron Maiden Eddie!)
-so i had to earn over 6300 ironite purely from vortex fills and small ammount from other rewards
-i must have done a few 100 vortex fills (sometimes had a bad streak of 5-6 in a row awarding 80-240k gold instead of 100-300 ironite)
-sacrificed at least 20 alchemists in the process
-burned my gold from 70M to 1,3M (SIXTYMOTHERFLIPPINNNINE MILIONS GONE!!!)
So in the end i got him for shards...this game can be so cruel! I’m exhausted! can’t see the pit for few weeks now and i can’t even be bothered with some stupid dungeon or gauntlet events!

Same thing happened to me in the previous event. I didn’t get the Ferryman from 76 Souls and had to buy him from shards (even some $$$ fell victim to the RNGod).

And the 3* prison cook?! not a single one in 78 souls?! seriously?!
I have a feeling that the chances for these exclusive characters were “decreased” not “increased” on my account...

Yup
02-19-2019, 10:00 PM
I pulled the 4 Star gunner Derby Demon from a soul.

That's all Iv'e seen. But I haven't been striving for souls either, got IME early.

Ip4
02-19-2019, 10:08 PM
Mizrael i have Cook,he is my champion now :)
happy with him like i found 5star character lol

Stormseye
02-19-2019, 10:19 PM
I feel you Mizrael. I am in the same boat with past two event characters. Only new character I have seen is Gunner Convict and I have spent many hours in the pit as well. Rolling over vortex after vortex. I can still do more but I am tired of button pressing for sacrifices. The only real benefit from doing all the sacrificing and all the dungeon runs is that my ironite is still going up slowly and I have not had spend any ironite on Gauntlet and am clearing SS now with all the free SoW from Dungeon and Pit.

MetalKing
02-19-2019, 10:40 PM
I manually hit madness with gunner lilith (eternals), prisoner (primordials), cyborg (primordials), and redan (avenger,warp). I manged to defeat the level but lost lillith at the end. No primordials found so far with multiple 30 ironite refills.(on normal). No new characters either.

GotN
02-19-2019, 10:44 PM
Same here Miz and Storm. Only got the two 3s* Convict and Cook and feel really tired from hours of sacrificing. Have kept most of the epic/ rare/ mythical fragments and souls cause there are no new characters I can get from them. Hope they will add some new soon, especially to mythical, otherwise it gets really boring for me. Sac gave me two or three 4*s I didn’t have, but that was all. I really wonder, why some characters like Warrior Chopper, Warrior Savage Reaper, Gunner Trickster or Assassin Banshee are not available in any soul. That really makes no sense to me and is really frustrating :/

Yup
02-20-2019, 07:10 AM
492 runs - 462 on madness -- 3 Primordials, all of which have dropped AFTER 300 runs.

Ip4
02-20-2019, 09:51 AM
500 runs(100 normal,30 hard,370 madness) no rad eyes for event soul and no single primordial...

rags-6094
02-20-2019, 10:03 AM
I couldn't get red eyes either IP4 and I purchased an extra 1800 ironite worth of souls! Talk about a rip off!
Glad it was only excess ironite from sacrifices before they reset the sac event, if I'd actually paid money? Well if I'd paid money for ironite I wouldn't of wasted it on shitey no chance event souls!

Muzzleloader
02-20-2019, 12:51 PM
Rags, you know better than to buy event souls. I know you are not complaing from the drop, it just shows event souls are the worst purchase in the game.

I guess with more exclusive toons being available, some of us are getting used to not having every one. They are making it easier to be missing toons/talisman.

Have a nice holday.

Esquatcho
02-20-2019, 01:15 PM
As a suggestion for future - What if event souls drop event frags, giving epic event souls? That way at least you get a second, better, chop at it, rather than buying/grinding for a shed load of souls only to have RNG smash you in the face.

GotN
02-20-2019, 01:35 PM
As a suggestion for future - What if event souls drop event frags, giving epic event souls? That way at least you get a second, better, chop at it, rather than buying/grinding for a shed load of souls only to have RNG smash you in the face.

Random dev (except Sparton :p):
„Sorry Gringo, we can’t do this, cause with it, we wouldn’t make enough profit and players wouldn’t have to grind the game 24/7. Also if event frags drop, we would have to decrease the drop rates of event characters even more, so RNG jokes you even more. Also we think that players can’t complain as we included the drop of rare gunner soul fragments, so you at least will not get an event character.... erm, I mean have the chance to get some event characters from them. Thank you for your understanding and happy grinding!“ :D

Sorry, joke... :p

Muzzleloader
02-20-2019, 01:37 PM
They did that with the ferryman. It took 75 event souls to earn the ferryman if you weren't luck to have him drop. It only took 30+ hours to earn 75 event souls. That was almost impossible for all but dedicated players.

As I posted earlier, that event cost me a net of 2800 ironite, but with all the other rewards given it was a good event if you had the time to invest.

Liu
02-21-2019, 04:37 PM
After 18+ mega refills (might have been more than 18, didn't keep track properly) I've obtained 10 primordials. Combined with the 2 I've bought for 500 ironite from the store last time, I've got two complete sets now.
The first 10 refills didn't yield a single Talisman, they only started dropping after I've complained loudly :P
I've depleted 2 of the mega refills on hard, all of the others on normal. I have no idea how many runs I've made, since I don't know the average returned SoT per run, but it should be well above 1.2k.
I really hope those of you who have had rotten luck so far will get to complete their set(s) as well.
Cheers

Yup
02-21-2019, 07:38 PM
Well I'm frustrated... STILL sitting on 5 primordials after 2 more mega-refills after 500 runs.. so I'm now at around 600-620 runs... WTF? at least drop 1 every 100 runs above 500 devs.

bort
02-21-2019, 07:39 PM
They did that with the ferryman. It took 75 event souls to earn the ferryman if you weren't luck to have him drop. It only took 30+ hours to earn 75 event souls. That was almost impossible for all but dedicated players.

As I posted earlier, that event cost me a net of 2800 ironite, but with all the other rewards given it was a good event if you had the time to invest.

I could have gotten the ferryman but I was short on ironite and the cash-to-ironite price is honestly appaling for the rate you burn it. From now on I am going to be aiming for a float of 3k ironite at all times for situations just like that

Ip4
02-21-2019, 08:05 PM
Invested today 1600 ironite for "chance" to receive IME or that gunner 4* but no red eyes...this events with "special" characters who requires 750 fragments(6000 ironite investition) are so expensive for many players...

Stormseye
02-21-2019, 08:12 PM
The Sac/Dungeon event should have helped you bolster your ironite stores. The only thing I had a loss on as far as resources was gold. I spent around 35million but my ironite doubled and I had enough SoW to go all the way to SSS in guantlet without paying a single ironite for refills. Even with spending roughly 750 ironite on SoT refills my ironite kept increasing. I also gained around 2000FC, 12 Heroic Legendary, 3 Heroic Mythical, a handful of Mythical of other classes and 381 Heroic souls. I still have over 200 Rare souls plus small amounts of class souls and such. Many times in the past, having multiple events seemed too overwhelming to be able to complete them all but this time it felt like they were working hand in hand. I am not sure if that was the intention but it worked well for my playstyle. I did not get any of the new allies but I don't feel "left behind" either.

Muzzleloader
02-21-2019, 08:43 PM
The sac event was definetly a rewarding event. If you did the event in the first few days the rewards were much better than the later days. I was taking my time and definetly missed out on the better rewards. They reduced the gold, ironite and souls that were given at tier V sacrifices. It may just be RNG, but the last 17 tier V sacs gave no ironite a few SS and only a few epic souls.

zamasu
02-21-2019, 08:48 PM
The sac event was definetly a rewarding event. If you did the event in the first few days the rewards were much better than the later days. I was taking my time and definetly missed out on the better rewards. They reduced the gold, ironite and souls that were given at tier V sacrifices. It may just be RNG, but the last 17 tier V sacs gave no ironite a few SS and only a few epic souls.

They definitely reduced the rewards for tier V and VI. The first couple of days were awesome, Epic souls, ironite, mythical fragments. After that was garbage 4 rare souls and 1 SS and no ironite for the rest of the week.

Blade
02-21-2019, 09:02 PM
They definitely reduced the rewards for tier V and VI. The first couple of days were awesome, Epic souls, ironite, mythical fragments. After that was garbage 4 rare souls and 1 SS and no ironite for the rest of the week.

Same here and this was really annoying. I could only do some sacrifices on the first day and then I had not enough time for the next days. If the event lasts a given number of days and you have a life you should not be punished for planning and using the last 1-2 days of an event more intense. This change on the fly was pure evil. I cannot understand things like that - setup your conditions and then stand by your decision, draw your conclusions and use them for setting up the next event. In the end the rewards were rather poor. Example: double Tier 5 sac gave the 6 hearts plus 7 rare souls and 3 skill shards - wow. BTW in my understanding this goes against the general rule that double minimum essence doubles rewards, right? Quite often I have seen 1 soul of a specific type despite it was a 18k sac - strange!

The event gave us the chance to get some impressions from the new sac reward system. I would say it is "ok" apart from the return in gold and especially rare G/A souls. In general the more diverse rewards aren't that bad, as we have so many ways now to get characters and as most of us only miss a few it is not too bad to have more specific ways to acquire them. On the other hand I hope that in the future there won't be those events anymore that rely only on 1 type of souls due to these changes. The return in Ironite is also ok, could be more of course ;)
This is only my perspective sitting on almost all characters and stacks of all resources. However, I can imagine that especially newer players are not happy with the changes, in particular as skill shards are more seldom now.

Blade
02-21-2019, 09:05 PM
Well I'm frustrated... STILL sitting on 5 primordials after 2 more mega-refills after 500 runs.. so I'm now at around 600-620 runs... WTF? at least drop 1 every 100 runs above 500 devs.

That is actually a quite good drop rate! I am far beyond the 500 runs and have 3 Primordials. In the dungeon before the last one it took me about 1500 runs for 1 complete set.

Yup
02-21-2019, 09:14 PM
Well it's ridiculous. A full set should be earned after the maximum achievement is earned, or at the very least a LITTLE past the max achievement. They can CLEARLY set it to drop 1 talisman every 100 or 150 runs.

Liu
02-21-2019, 09:20 PM
This change on the fly was pure evil. I cannot understand things like that - setup your conditions and then stand by your decision, draw your conclusions and use them for setting up the next event.

I respectfully disagree. The problem, imo, lies within the fact that they most certainly didn't test the system (sufficiently). They enabled us to go on a perpetual sacrifice loop. That shouldn't be possible (and it was possible even after the rework). They just should have gone about this differently. Firstly we should not be alpha testers. Secondly, NF has an extremely poor way of communicating with us. It would've been nice had they created a threat with the changes and the (obvious) reasons for it. Thirdly, they send us a rather poor message by fixing something, which is to their disadvantage, on the fly over the weekend, while at the same time taking seemingly forever to fix bugs. Alright, I understand it is much easier to adjust the parameters of a reward, than going on a bug hunt in spaghetti code, yet the sneaky way of going about it just doesn't sit right with me.

Well it's ridiculous. A full set should be earned after the maximum achievement is earned, or at the very least a LITTLE past the max achievement. They can CLEARLY set it to drop 1 talisman every 100 or 150 runs.

I agree with this and was thinking they add some type of insurance (the way riot games does it). You can go any number of runs without the reward, but a drop MUST occur within a set number of runs - and of course the latter should be made public, otherwise there is an incentive to state there is a guarantee, but it's secretly set to 10.000.

Blade
02-21-2019, 09:20 PM

Completely agree! 1% is already very low, even a 5* drop from a rare soul is more likely...

Muzzleloader
02-21-2019, 09:25 PM
You have definetly recieved a better drop rate of talisman than I ever have. The eternal event i only pulled 4 talisman after 1200 madness battles. I just gave up on that event. On the valor event it took 900 battles for 2 talisman.

Maiden68
02-21-2019, 09:41 PM
After Ripping and Grinding countless times I got some nice 5* toons. But not even "one" Cosmic Talisman!! Not even one... Not to mention no event Eddie's. I've only seen Rags event Eddie ....
And not even one Ironite from sac event....I got few here and there but it takes me a week just to get 450 Ironite as it is.

Yup
02-21-2019, 10:14 PM
Some features and drops are specifically designed for players who will spend money. That's clear. Things are set so ridiculously out of reach that even if you WILL spend $10-$30 a month... you STILL can't reach some things. They want you to spend $50 - $100 (or more) each month.

I will say with the fragments... it's better. There is a pseudo "cap" now that awards players for throwing weaker characters into the pit. So that ls good. Very good. The FC/IC/Badges to get other talismans are also a great move in the right direction. There's a goal.. a visible achievement to hit... even if that achievement takes a while to complete.

It's simply a shame that there's no way to acquire some talismans WITHOUT spending money - either directly when they are initially made available or through refills to reach some impossible, undisclosed, goal. I'm sorry, but with the current event (and really all events dropping ultra-rare talismans) there should absolutely be some mechanism to put some sort of "light at the end of the tunnel". I'm not going to continually spend money to then spend hours and hours grinding away to really never know if I can get 1 single talisman. I already spent the ironite to get 2, because that offer made it clear that getting even 4 primordials from drops during this event was going to be a challenge in itself. -- So hundreds of ironite for 600+ runs and I got 3 primordials from drops... If I don't get a 4th drop.. then I'm sitting on 5 relatively worthless talismans, including the then wasted ironite for 2 of them - not to mention any wasted ironite spent on refills trying to get that 4th one to drop because there's no other way to acquire it. Because I would NOT be spending ironite on refills past 500 runs were it not for that last, single, primordial needed.

Do better with talisman-related event drops, devs.

Ironstyle
02-22-2019, 12:12 AM
Do better with talisman-related event drops, devs.

This, right here. I don't play as much as some people here, but I'm just about at 500 runs and no primordial drops. It's safe to say I won't be getting a set. If I had maybe 2 drops, I probably would spend the ironite to keep running the dungeon for 2 more then spend the ironite for the 2 in the store. Since that's not the case, I am pretty much done with this event. Waiting on the next Night City mega event now. Gauntlet and Arena...not so much. Those even't aren't really fun. It's always 'get hundreds of wins only'. The iron coins are good, but it's a mindless grind.

Looking forward to the boss run as well.

Yup
02-22-2019, 01:21 AM
Primordials are a 6 set.. you'd need 4 more, not 2.. so yeah.. pretty futile. I've essentially given up and I only need 1 more.

Horus-2545
02-22-2019, 01:29 AM
I completed 500 runs on Hard and got zero primordial. Interesting... I also only got the gunner convict. Stingy event. I'm at least glad that the sacrificial event was VERY generous, although I ran through a crap load of gold.

Yup
02-22-2019, 02:22 AM
One would think, the convict and cook being 3 stars.. WAAAAAAY more players should have seen them.. but nope... I got so many Gunner rockets I lost count.... I did get the Gunner Derby Demon, which is my only notable drop from this event. But then again, I did only "buy" 1 event soul.. and then used the others from achievements. My ironite was going for Primordials.. but.. seems I'll be hosed there too.

Esquatcho
02-22-2019, 04:09 AM
Those of you with 0 primordials after running the achievement - Id be checking settings, maybe reloading the game and definitely raising a ticket. That just doesnt sound right!

Banished
02-22-2019, 10:13 AM
My result of the event:
Could not do the gunner at madness level.

I think I received 5 primordials at madness level only (with like 5 mega refill) + FC + SoW + not that much Ironite + not that much skill shards

Prowler souls: only 3* dupes when I opened them. very bad event.

Also opened more than 30 Gunner rare souls: 1 Hallowed + 1 cyborg that I will sacrifice at the next sac event.

So a bit diapointed to not have received IME (really its fury animation).

scott-5496
02-22-2019, 10:36 AM
I think I did OK - I got al new characters except the IM Eddie which is nothing new - as I rarely get any luck on the big characters....but I did get the others, in fact two convicts, two cooks and the GDD. SO really no bad at all. I have went through a pile of rare gunner souls, legendary etc trying to get IME but no lucj as usual. Still, both this and the other events have been fine for me - lots of sac fodder for next month as well as loads of unopened souls and heroics, FC etc. All in all pretty decent just missing Eddie!

Going to have a mega refill or two today in the dungeon and call it quits for these events.

Killer-Frost
02-22-2019, 02:34 PM
Ik I'm very late for this, but it seems as though PoM eddie, The Alchemist, The Prisoner, and the Killer Prime can go through madness without any trouble. Fastest time so far is 1:36. It may or may not fail every once in a while as most teams do, but so far it's worked for me.

Waffen
02-22-2019, 03:04 PM
I am never lucky with the event souls and this time is no exception. Got nothing but 3* dupes from the free 16 souls for completing challenges. Since I want the gunner derby demon, I ended up buying another 16 souls for ironite.

Opened them all at once and I was exited to see red eyes, only to be disappointed to see clansman Eddie and sentinel pyro.... I did open 2 mythical gunner souls and secured IME, but what I really wanted was the gunner convict. So I am still in the dilemma whether to buy more souls or not?

On the bright side I was able to secure my first set of primordial. So the event was Not a total disappointment for me.

Edit: changed gunner convict to gunner derby demon

Ezz
02-22-2019, 03:41 PM
I am never lucky with the event souls and this time is no exception. Got nothing but 3* dupes from the free 16 souls for completing challenges. Since I want the gunner convict I ended up buying another 16 souls for ironite.

Opened them all at once and I was exited to see red eyes, only to be disappointed to see clansman Eddie and sentinel pyro.... I did open 2 mythical gunner souls and secured IME, but what I really wanted was the gunner convict. So I am still in the dilemma whether to buy more souls or not?

On the bright side I was able to secure my first set of primordial. So the event was Not a total disappointment for me.

Convict is 3 star - so u could try buying the regular g/a souls for trooper points. Still low odds but saves your ironite.

Waffen
02-22-2019, 04:29 PM
Convict is 3 star - so u could try buying the regular g/a souls for trooper points. Still low odds but saves your ironite.

Oops, I meant derby demon. I got convict from the free souls.

Yup
02-22-2019, 05:39 PM
Here's something funny.. the Gunner Derby Demon's action is to rollover on skates and hit the enemy, just like other derby demons.. so.. why is she holing a machine gun? She'd rather use it as a blunt object than fire it???

Stormseye
02-22-2019, 06:05 PM
Here's something funny.. the Gunner Derby Demon's action is to rollover on skates and hit the enemy, just like other derby demons.. so.. why is she holing a machine gun? She'd rather use it as a blunt object than fire it???

I was curious about that too when I played with Rags' Derby Demon. I kept waiting for her to use the gun and neither of her moves uses it.

Ironstyle
02-22-2019, 06:15 PM
Doesn't her power move use it? She spins and shoots the gun, right? I've only used her once from one of my troopers, so I could be remembering wrong.

Stormseye
02-22-2019, 06:27 PM
Maybe you are right. I just had it on auto-play during farming. Would be nice if she used the gun on Basic attacks like all the others do.

Ironstyle
02-22-2019, 06:29 PM
Agreed. I think they gave her a gun simply because she's a gunner. Or, who knows, maybe her gun is jammed on basic attacks and can only use it as a melee weapon, haha.

Liu
02-22-2019, 06:30 PM
Maybe you are right. I just had it on auto-play during farming. Would be nice if she used the gun on Basic attacks like all the others do.

can put her up as a trooper for a day or two if you want to test her further

Yup
02-22-2019, 07:07 PM
Okay.. yeah.. she fires it at everyone for the power move... I hadn't noticed that before.

I was able to FINALLY secure a 4th primordial with an additional 32 runs in the dungeon (2 standard SOT refills plus 2 natural fills).. so roughly 700 (madness) runs to get 4.

heh.... . then.. 1 more run just now to finish off troopers.. and a 5th primordial dropped. (Was that the new app data this morning?)

real_schweiger
02-22-2019, 08:17 PM
This had been some busy event days. I liked the SAC Event pretty much and I saved the Heart-Souls for coming events like this.

Death Alley is still fun, though I´m through the Mission runs. I guess on the first 300 runs I got one Primordial Talisman and I thought it would be the same like in all earlier dungeons when I did not receive a full set. In between 300 and 500 I received 3 more and just two mega refills after ending the mission gave me 4(!!) more Talisman - so I´m glad with one full set and on the run for the next set ;) -> just kidding, I don´t think I won´t be that lucky anymore.

Running the Gunner Mission had been hard to me: I finished it with DDE (Angel / Fate), Prisoner (Primordial), Lilith (Health / Fortune) and Banshee (Purge / Mark) - I needed to play on manual and I lost some battles, but it was satisfying to solve that issue without the common named toons I don´t own yet.

The Eventsouls gave me nothing special and I won´t buy any in the store. The new Eddie doesn´t really fix on me.

BTW: Just saw the BEAST in store for 3500 FC!! I got it on the Beast-Event last year and I´m really glad about it now. 3500 seems pretty expensive to me, what do you think?
110 EUR for each Mythical pack - whoho... I like the FC, IC and Ironite in that pack but really that much for a 5 Star Toon?

mikus666
02-23-2019, 07:19 PM
505 runs, 60% Madness, 40% hard. 1 Primordial whichnlanded around run 295. What an absolute joke. Never again.
Lots of gold rockets to rub salt into the wound.

URock
02-23-2019, 07:24 PM
The new Eddie won't drop for me...maybe someday when I want another toon. The good thing is: he is no gamechanger.

druid138
02-23-2019, 08:12 PM
I spent 86 SoT refills in the dungeon (almost all on Madness) - 20 were free and 66 were bought with Ironite.

I ended up with 11 Primordials. That drop rate isn't great, but after factoring in all the other drops (Ironite, FCs, skill shards, XP shards), I still consider these temporary dungeons to be one of the best places and times to grind. As we've discussed here before, the previous best place and time - LoL during 4* and Lilith events - is beginning to lose some appeal these days.

I do wish that this particular dungeon had dropped Prowler Soul frags, not Rare Gunner Soul frags.

Blade
02-23-2019, 08:50 PM
That drop rate isn't great, but after factoring in all the other drops (Ironite, FCs, skill shards, XP shards), I still consider these temporary dungeons to be one of the best places and times to grind. As we've discussed here before, the previous best place and time - LoL during 4* and Lilith events - is beginning to lose some appeal these days.

I do wish that this particular dungeon had dropped Prowler Soul frags, not Rare Gunner Soul frags.

100% agree with all of this!
I know it is hard to see it like this if you don't get the Talismans to drop. My first one came after about 300 runs and several followed within the next 300. The other drops are really worth the grind in my opinion.

No Prowler fragment drops is a bit disappointing, as this was the system in the last dungeon - so it is not a standard condition unfortunately!
My free souls gave none of the exclusive chars, well at least I have something to aim for, and it is good that the new Eddie can be in all other souls of the right type!

Muzzleloader
02-23-2019, 09:08 PM
It may have been my bad luck this time with RNG, but I found the reward drop rate wasnt as good as the last one, such as ironite and SoW. The ferryman cost me a net of 2800 ironite, but I ended with 500+ SoW, tons of colorless shards, 25 SS, rare souls and 3 SWE. That was a worthwhile event, excluding the 30+ hours

I do agree if you have the liliths, the dungeons are a great value for multiple rewards. The last lilith event with the addition of frags to buy talisman soul frags have added a hard choice on which to concentrate on dungeon or lilith events.

Esquatcho
02-24-2019, 07:33 AM
Got lucky with ime in a mythical I had from the sacathon, but disappointed no gunner dd. Also lower than usual drop for me with only 4 talisman, but I did pretty much only just make the 500 runs. In all, because of the shards and fc (and that I got ime) Im saying it was a decent dungeon.