PDA

View Full Version : Towerfall (Gauntlet): Battle for Heroic Legendary Fragments, Fortune Talismans +MORE

Leviathan
02-18-2019, 12:07 AM
Complete specific challenges in the Gauntlet for valuable rewards!

From now until March 3rd at 4PM PDT, complete event challenges in the Gauntlet to earn rewards such as Heroic Legendary Fragments, Talisman Soul Fragments, Frontier Coins and more!

Collect 250 Fragments to obtain 1 Heroic Legendary Soul! The Heroic Legendary Soul guarantees a 4⭐ to 5⭐ Character from the current Heroic Rotation along with the featured character fragments.

You can also earn a full set of Fortune Talismans by completing class-specific Gauntlet Battle event challenges!

Fortune Talismans are blue talismans with a 4 set effect that is not available anywhere else!. Equip them to reduce all damage taken by 65%. These talismans also heal all allies for 5% of your Max HP with a 35% chance to cleanse self when you take damage.

Finally, we have a few deals available to help your Magi survive the battles ahead!

We have 2 Magus Gauntlet Packs on offer in our Limited Offers store in the Cosmos! The Magus Soul Pack provides Ironite, 5⭐ Blue XP Shards, Rare Magus Souls and a Magus Legendary Soul to fill in and power up your team! The Magus Talisman Pack provides Ironite, 5⭐ Blue XP Runes, Skill Shards and a full set of both Destiny and Future Talismans!
Grab the “Fortune Talisman Finisher Set”. If you are having trouble collecting all 4 talismans from the event challenges, you can buy 1 Fortune talisman for Ironite (i.e. the 500 Ironite pack will grant you 1x Fortune Talisman)

Roberval
02-18-2019, 01:12 AM
I really dont know what future talisman is. Anyone can help me? Thank

infinite dreamer
02-18-2019, 01:20 AM

They are a set of 3 blue talismans from a little while back. I don't think they're available anywhere currently though.

Amarthir
02-18-2019, 01:29 AM

Pretty sure you get them in talisman skull quests. They boost accuracy and power generation.

infinite dreamer
02-18-2019, 01:35 AM
Pretty sure you get them in talisman skull quests. They boost accuracy and power generation.

Oh yeah, you're right. I know I've had a few drop there.

Esquatcho
02-18-2019, 01:45 AM
Someone do the maths on the best combo of chars and talismans on this one please?

Im assuming its Magus only A level again?

iPoop
02-18-2019, 02:11 AM
@Leviathan, do Fortune Talisman reduce damage by 40% or 65%?

Above you state 65% but when they were previously available the description stated 40%.

bort
02-18-2019, 02:11 AM
I manged to luck out and picked up two talisman soul frag packs from last event, giving me just enough for a soul if I clear SSS

Someone do the maths on the best combo of chars and talismans on this one please?

You can finish all the challenges (magus/warrior) by grade C I believe. I just rotated three different sets of magus chars for the first few and the various talismen. The only issue was at some point I ran out of toons with all blue slots and had to throw a shock talismen set on a warrior for the 5 warrior wins.

Fudjo
02-18-2019, 02:19 AM

Level A is simply no duplicate characters, no class restriction.

As for useful characters, Shaman Eddie and Warrior Mayan Priestess were handy for me for completing the Shock Talisman and Soul Talisman objectives while also working towards the Warrior-only objective.

Roberval
02-18-2019, 02:43 AM
Thankss !!

Esquatcho
02-18-2019, 07:39 AM
Level A is simply no duplicate characters, no class restriction.

As for useful characters, Shaman Eddie and Warrior Mayan Priestess were handy for me for completing the Shock Talisman and Soul Talisman objectives while also working towards the Warrior-only objective.

Oops, meant AA then... If thats the single class restricted level (shocking memory!)... Magus again?

Fudjo
02-18-2019, 07:42 AM
Oops, meant AA then... If thats the single class restricted level (shocking memory!)... Magus again?

Yeah, Level AA is restricted to Magus only.

GotN
02-18-2019, 09:31 AM
Where do you get Avenger talisman? Only one I don’t have and can’t find anywhere. They are a blue set like all others too? They are not in stores, SQ or BNW...

Blade
02-18-2019, 09:41 AM
Where do you get Avenger talisman? Only one I don’t have and can’t find anywhere. They are a blue set like all others too? They are not in stores, SQ or BNW...

Frontier Coins shop, one of each subtype per month!

Ip4
02-18-2019, 09:55 AM
is AAA magus only?

GotN
02-18-2019, 10:38 AM
Frontier Coins shop, one of each subtype per month!

Thanks man!

Saigrim
02-18-2019, 12:41 PM
Yes. This gauntlet season will be magus only every session until the next season. I believe the class restriction is tied to whatever the class is of the seasons main character. This season we have the Mariner.

4V1ct0ry
02-18-2019, 12:44 PM
is AAA magus only?

During the whole gauntlet season 2 (Ancient Mariner) event there will be Magus for AAA.

Blade
02-18-2019, 01:13 PM
Oh well, this is kind of bad news! I could not pass AAA yesterday in the old season as I made a mistake in planning my teams. Magus class has very few good cleansers and immunity givers; and I had to go agaist some massive debuff teams. So this time I need to plan better - or get more luck concerning the opponent team setups!

Alvorada
02-18-2019, 04:37 PM
Oh well, this is kind of bad news! I could not pass AAA yesterday in the old season as I made a mistake in planning my teams. Magus class has very few good cleansers and immunity givers; and I had to go agaist some massive debuff teams. So this time I need to plan better - or get more luck concerning the opponent team setups!

Do you have immunity, angel or snow talis?

And The Alchemist? His basic move transform negative effects into buffs.

Blade
02-18-2019, 06:05 PM
Do you have immunity, angel or snow talis?

And The Alchemist? His basic move transform negative effects into buffs.

Thanks for that sweet reply man :)
Yes, I've heard of the Alchemist and play him in every PvP match ;)

I was a bit vage in my post, sorry for that. I used my Alchemist on another team that was supposed to stun and burn a lot but I oversaw that almost every team in my AAA tier had either stunners or burners (plus the occasional stun talis). The most evil one was HE, Icarus, A Lilith and the Alchemist. Icarus had Inspiration and it triggered all the time, also after HE did his fury and all enemies had echo which also triggered all the time. I tried to prevent the burns by the new Wicker Ed in the one fight but he was killed early (despite a Destiny set in the team) because of extra turns from HE and also Icarus did some good damage. After this I had no protection against burn and Icarus stole everything plus increased duration by inspiration Talis. Man I should have taken a screenshot, the buffs on Icarus stacked far out of the screen and due to inspiration the duration never decreased!!! I really was not prepared for that!
I claimed another Alchemist, brought him to level ~60 and won the battle. Of course this was the first time the coin toss was for me. But there were another 2 fights to go and I tried the first one and again so many unexpected stuns (from Talis, not from skills) and other things that I would have needed another Alchemist. I would have several others from fragments but man it was an hour before reset and I decided just to stay where I was as I was too lazy/tired for more stress and in the end just to get 5 more FFE frags that I don't need etc.

So again, honestly, thanks for your reply - you could not know that I have almost everything available in the game. I just used the Alchemist in the wrong fight (together with M Lilith) and got surprised by the Talis on some enemies. Actually it was a good lesson, as AAA never was a big challenge before (normally go through there without a loss or maybe 1 because of surprising Talis) so I didn't do the planning seriously enough ;)

The thing is I (and we all...) need to prevent this in this Gauntlet season. But again, magus is a weak class when it comes to cleaners and immunity application, or do I miss something? Snowman for first round immunity, M Lilith gives immunity, and the Pharaoh Dog King for some cleansing, Clair's fury, but that's it, or? CotD can do it, but not if Icarus steals everything before the next turn begins. Any other ideas? I even thought about bringing the Wickerdog of Night, as he can at least cleanse one ally.... LOL

Muzzleloader
02-18-2019, 06:22 PM
My nephew had a terrible time on AAA with my account. I had to let him shard dupes of lilith, madam and alchemist. Hellraiser passive of possible corruption and chopper power move can have their moments in time of need. Banshees stop passive is unpredictable, but useful. Water spirit revive/heal can be overlooked.

With all of them capable of having destiny, now fortune can be beneficial. I also had my nephew use angel talis where he wouldnt have tried.

With all the OP toons being released gauntlet seems to be getting more difficult. Now especially with A banshee and only a limited number of toons to disable passive.

Waffen
02-18-2019, 10:15 PM
I have been encountering this weird bug in gauntlet that has been pissing me off. The bug is that some characters from the enemy team gets to keep their buffs infinitely even though they only have them for 1 turn. Also they cannot be removed.

This one match, gunner Lilith had crit strike and invincibility and I couldn’t freaking get her to lose those buffs. I had Charlotte, hallowed Eddie and warrior hell raiser left on my team and the enemy team only had gunner Lilith left after I killed all their teammates( hallowed Ed, prisoner and someone else).

But even with Charlotte and hallowed Ed I couldn’t get the buffs off of her....... after 6 turns my team got wiped out by her.
I was pissed but I was like “whatever” but I ran into this bug again and this time it was red an with invincibility and few other buffs and she had destiny talisman. I had sentinel Lilith putting perfect corruption on her and Horus trying to remove her buffs but after 15 turns she still has those buffs.

Luckily I had Horus so he was stun locking her and I left it on auto and was somehow able to win after 5 mins.
Did anyone else run into this issues? The only thing common with both these teams are prisoner with mimic talisman. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Waffen
02-18-2019, 10:23 PM
My nephew had a terrible time on AAA with my account. I had to let him shard dupes of lilith, madam and alchemist. Hellraiser passive of possible corruption and chopper power move can have their moments in time of need. Banshees stop passive is unpredictable, but useful. Water spirit revive/heal can be overlooked.

With all of them capable of having destiny, now fortune can be beneficial. I also had my nephew use angel talis where he wouldnt have tried.

With all the OP toons being released gauntlet seems to be getting more difficult. Now especially with A banshee and only a limited number of toons to disable passive.

Yeah AAA gauntlet was challenging the first couple times going up against Icarus and Horus in pretty much 4/5 teams. I solved that problem the third time by holding 3 alchemist dupes lol. But this times around with other troops like ferryman and mariner it wasn’t a huge deal.

Alvorada
02-19-2019, 12:24 AM
Thanks for that sweet reply man :)
Yes, I've heard of the Alchemist and play him in every PvP match ;)

I was a bit vage in my post, sorry for that. I used my Alchemist on another team that was supposed to stun and burn a lot but I oversaw that almost every team in my AAA tier had either stunners or burners (plus the occasional stun talis). The most evil one was HE, Icarus, A Lilith and the Alchemist. Icarus had Inspiration and it triggered all the time, also after HE did his fury and all enemies had echo which also triggered all the time. I tried to prevent the burns by the new Wicker Ed in the one fight but he was killed early (despite a Destiny set in the team) because of extra turns from HE and also Icarus did some good damage. After this I had no protection against burn and Icarus stole everything plus increased duration by inspiration Talis. Man I should have taken a screenshot, the buffs on Icarus stacked far out of the screen and due to inspiration the duration never decreased!!! I really was not prepared for that!
I claimed another Alchemist, brought him to level ~60 and won the battle. Of course this was the first time the coin toss was for me. But there were another 2 fights to go and I tried the first one and again so many unexpected stuns (from Talis, not from skills) and other things that I would have needed another Alchemist. I would have several others from fragments but man it was an hour before reset and I decided just to stay where I was as I was too lazy/tired for more stress and in the end just to get 5 more FFE frags that I don't need etc.

So again, honestly, thanks for your reply - you could not know that I have almost everything available in the game. I just used the Alchemist in the wrong fight (together with M Lilith) and got surprised by the Talis on some enemies. Actually it was a good lesson, as AAA never was a big challenge before (normally go through there without a loss or maybe 1 because of surprising Talis) so I didn't do the planning seriously enough ;)

The thing is I (and we all...) need to prevent this in this Gauntlet season. But again, magus is a weak class when it comes to cleaners and immunity application, or do I miss something? Snowman for first round immunity, M Lilith gives immunity, and the Pharaoh Dog King for some cleansing, Clair's fury, but that's it, or? CotD can do it, but not if Icarus steals everything before the next turn begins. Any other ideas? I even thought about bringing the Wickerdog of Night, as he can at least cleanse one ally.... LOL

well, maybe Madam could cleanse your team, preventing Icarus to steal your buff.

Also, serenity tallis grant cleanse status for 2 turns at start of batle (sells by trooper badges or frontier coins).

Crusader Ed has a basic move with a chance of cleanse allies. He can use shadow talis to be intouchable jn first round if you lose the coin toss.

7th son grant vanish to self or a ally, this could work as well.

Liu
02-19-2019, 07:48 AM
Luckily I had Horus so he was stun locking her and I left it on auto and was somehow able to win after 5 mins.

I've read in some post that stunned enemies don't debuff since they don't initiate their turn. But I don't recall when I read this, or by whom this was posted ...

Blade
02-19-2019, 12:46 PM
well, maybe Madam could cleanse your team, preventing Icarus to steal your buff.

Also, serenity tallis grant cleanse status for 2 turns at start of batle (sells by trooper badges or frontier coins).

Crusader Ed has a basic move with a chance of cleanse allies. He can use shadow talis to be intouchable jn first round if you lose the coin toss.

7th son grant vanish to self or a ally, this could work as well.

Thanks again for your input. I indeed forgot the Madam, as I had no time to play her yet and she is still a level 1 char in the very end of the endless character list. But she does not cleanse but give the cleanse status, which can be stolen again.
I also tried the Crusader and it did work ok - but the enemy team had too many options against me. As I sad, in the end only an unsharded Alchemist was able to win the match for me :)

The enemy team was really really nasty. A Lilith stealing immunity, HE also good in stealing buffs, Icarus aswell+healing and Alchemist cleansing everyone plus converting yellow buffs mosty into perfect corruption. Plus the Talismans namely Inspiration which triggered every time and a mark set plus constant perfect timing doing a lot of damage. Especially if the coin toss is lost, this team requires the big guns to be beaten! The new Wickerman Ed would have been the most elegant solution against the burns. But as I said, because of large damage and constant extra turns from HE plus marks from the Alchemist he was down very quick despite defensive talis subsets plus a destiny set.

Nevermind, it's over! Let's see what crazyness we have to face this time :)

Waffen
02-19-2019, 02:37 PM
I've read in some post that stunned enemies don't debuff since they don't initiate their turn. But I don't recall when I read this, or by whom this was posted ...

What do you mean by they don’t lose their rebuffs? Do you mean buffs? Besides, that never happened to me anywhere outside gauntlet.

Either way in the first scenario I posted, gunner Lilith was not stunned, but she still got to keep her buffs infinitely. And in the second scenario, even though redan was stunned, Horus should be able to remove her buffs.

Waffen
02-20-2019, 02:25 PM
Did anyone else not get the rewards for completing SSS?

Shaolin85london
02-20-2019, 04:29 PM
Did anyone else not get the rewards for completing SSS?

Thought was just me...completed 3x times, sss, didn't receive any reward accorded to the achievement...25 frags away to redeem the talisman soul...

Answer_V
02-20-2019, 08:02 PM
it would be good if I fixed a bug with immunity I lost several battles and toons

Muzzleloader
02-20-2019, 08:18 PM
What lmmunity bug are you referring too?.

mikmar
02-21-2019, 11:09 AM
Thought was just me...completed 3x times, sss, didn't receive any reward accorded to the achievement...25 frags away to redeem the talisman soul...

There's a never solved old bug in the rewards management in gauntlet I think ...
Still today I get the rewards of the former tier I reach, and happens all the time ...

Olevipoeg
02-21-2019, 11:37 AM
What do you mean by they don’t lose their rebuffs? Do you mean buffs? Besides, that never happened to me anywhere outside gauntlet.

Either way in the first scenario I posted, gunner Lilith was not stunned, but she still got to keep her buffs infinitely. And in the second scenario, even though redan was stunned, Horus should be able to remove her buffs.
I have seen it in current event dungeon also. Gunner Tricksters Invulnerability will stay on forever if they are stunned.

bort
02-23-2019, 03:56 AM
I just cleared SSS and didn’t get the final rewards - is it a bug or do I need to do something else?

hold
02-23-2019, 06:23 AM
I just cleared SSS and didn’t get the final rewards - is it a bug or do I need to do something else?

Same problem here ... Contacted support ...

bort
02-23-2019, 09:58 PM
Same problem here ... Contacted support ...

Did the same. What pisses me off is that I bought 3 refills to get it last night; turns out I could have just waited cause the achievement is bugged

EnricoPalazzo
02-25-2019, 12:27 AM
Yeah, same here.
I assume that since when you complete SSS, you're back in SSS, this challenge never triggers, and someone at NF did not really think that one through...

T-Man
02-25-2019, 02:08 AM
Same here. Just completed first 10 row in SSS and no rewards.

T-Man
02-25-2019, 09:50 PM
Yeah, same here.
I assume that since when you complete SSS, you're back in SSS, this challenge never triggers, and someone at NF did not really think that one through...

Yes and technically and since SSS never ends, how would one complete it?

Waffen
02-26-2019, 02:55 PM
Created a support ticket almost a week ago and no response yet. Since it affects all the players, maybe they are working on fixing the bug itself instead of fixing it individually. Either way, it would be nice if they responded or acknowledged the issue in the forums and mentioned that they are working on it.

Wyphy
02-26-2019, 04:49 PM
And yet, despite patch notes saying they fixed the issue with not getting correct rewards, every session there are lots of posts about it.

Gauntlet has been bugged from day one, and doesn't seem to get any better.

Natasmai
02-26-2019, 06:20 PM
And yet, despite patch notes saying they fixed the issue with not getting correct rewards, every session there are lots of posts about it.

Gauntlet has been bugged from day one, and doesn't seem to get any better.

this particular bug isnt a bug with gauntlet, it is a bug with the design of the event. it should reward you when you get to the level (how the standard achievements work) but because it requires you to clear the level and move to the next, it cant reward the final achievement (since there isnt a "next" to move to).

So while gauntlet may be buggy, this bug has nothing to do with the patch notes you refer to.

chrismt
02-27-2019, 01:20 AM
I just cleared SS rank but I didn’t get the reward for it. Is it a known bug ? Is there any way to fix it ?
Thanks

My Event challenge

My rank

bort
02-28-2019, 09:53 PM
Has anyone received rewards for clearing SSS yet, or a response to their tickets? With the event drawing to a close, it would be real nice to know what’s going on here.

EDIT: Just got a response to my ticket and opened up a gold +ATK cosmic tals.

I'll take that; thanks devs :)