PDA

View Full Version : What new characters would you like to see?

OpticSugar
08-30-2016, 07:42 PM
Based on Iron Maiden's music of course. I know there's been a thread kicking around here about Eddie characters, but what about non-eddie characters. Actually, they've covered the grounds pretty well so far with this game. Still, I wanted to see if anyone had any brilliant ideas that the devs may have overlooked.

First and foremost, I'd like to see Charlotte The Harlot. That could be really interesting. I'm sure they could pull it off in a way that wasn't too inappropriate, hehe. She could have a red light ability that acts as freeze and has a chance of making the opponent miss a turn. She could also taunt - distracting the enemy players.

Bryan-3528
08-30-2016, 08:06 PM
First and foremost, I'd like to see Charlotte The Harlot...She could also taunt - distracting the enemy players.

Charlotte the Harlot as a Tank? maybe in game, but a tank is not my first choice when selecting a Harlot.

sorry couldn't resist that one ;)

but in all seriousness, some of the tracks off Powerslave make me think of a few new character possibilities:

1) From Aces High - perhaps some of the fighter planes or pilots themselves? (not specifically Aces High Eddie since he already exists)
2) The Duelists - possible warrior?
3) Flash of the Blade - A possessed sword? Assassin or warrior possibly
4) Rime of the ancient Mariner - Maybe The Albatross himself?
5) Back in the Village - perhaps the Village Idiot? or is that my title? :D

Demoonchild
08-30-2016, 08:27 PM
Hello There!!

Alexander The Great
Darius
Icarus
the Iron Maiden Coffin
The Man On the Edge
Some Predator alike char (The Mercenary)
... and so on!!!

OpticSugar
08-30-2016, 08:47 PM
Yeah...
Axis (errr, corrupted) pilots! Luftwaffe!
Icarus! Good one! Although there are already so many winged characters in the game. Maybe this is the ultimate winged character!
Duelists, Ancient Mariner, Albatross, possessed blade, Alexander the Great...

These are all awesome ideas! I'd love for us to develop them further (ideas for special abilities and such). Who knows? Maybe the devs are listening?

I was thinking about the tanky prostitute, I started writing something to that effect and then I backspaced. Lol. Maybe her tankiness is really well disguised. ;)

What about a native american warrior (from run to the hills). Would that be considered offensive or heroic? He could have a scalp ability... or maybe smoke signal ability which rallies the allies by giving them a chance of an extra turn.

BillLion
08-30-2016, 08:52 PM
Vikings - via "Invaders" (full on warrior)
El Dorado - (magus class of course) -need some hiding features maybe called "Smoke & Mirrors"
Maybe a freaky creature called "Nightmares" from "Still Life"
Cavemen from "Quest for Fire" -kidding!

So much potential...

OpticSugar
08-30-2016, 09:05 PM
NO, Caveman is an amazing idea... of course he can cast all sorts of burn effects!

Vikings and El Dorado also solid ideas!

I love the NIGHTMARE idea from Still Life! That could be really freaky.

What about a character called simply "The Dark". He's just a shadow and he takes many different forms but you can't actually see him... just his shadow.

Witkacy
08-30-2016, 09:23 PM
Some more off head:

Quite surprised that no one ever mention about the guy - Genghis Khan (Warrior for sure) :)
Prodigal Son (Magus maybe?)
The Unbeliever (no idea about the class LOL)
Judas

I know that is maybe not straight linked w/ Maiden but since there is not too many female characters to play - Cross Eyed Mary as the gunner of course :)

Edit:

Forgot about 7th Son ;)

Vertax616
08-30-2016, 09:42 PM
Albatross as a boss and Ancient Mariner as a playable character would be great as the other comments say 😁

Aristo4
08-30-2016, 10:08 PM
Yeah bring more and we gonna die on our phones looking for runes shards talismans :D

Nekroliun
08-30-2016, 11:28 PM
Invaders, one of each class classes
the assassin, assassin class obviously
The prophet, magus (can i play with madness)
The clansman? Assassin or warrior or sentinel, idk what will be good for him...
And the gambler, a warrior that heavily relies on random damage

Oh and idk about the albatross being a boss, i think that the ancient mariner ally sould have it on his neck, that would fit him prob

OpticSugar
08-31-2016, 01:36 PM
yeah, I thought of Genghis Kahn as I was biking home last night! hehe

Also, what about Wrathchild? An assassin for hire type? Like a bounty hunter?

BillLion
08-31-2016, 01:38 PM
NO, Caveman is an amazing idea... of course he can cast all sorts of burn effects!

Vikings and El Dorado also solid ideas!

I love the NIGHTMARE idea from Still Life! That could be really freaky.

What about a character called simply "The Dark". He's just a shadow and he takes many different forms but you can't actually see him... just his shadow.

Ha -Cavemen it is!

I like "The Dark" too. Sounds like boss potential there!

Nekroliun
08-31-2016, 01:55 PM
I dont think wrathchold will come, cuz isnt holy smoke eddie the wrathchild? His fury is wrathchild

OpticSugar
08-31-2016, 02:02 PM
Well there's a song called Holy Smoke of course... and a separate song off Killers called Wrathchild... I don't think they're related, but by the sounds of the song, he would make one bad-ass character.

Vaseodin
08-31-2016, 04:39 PM
Some awesome ideas on this thread!

Mine:
* Ghost of the Navigator
* Necropolis (as a boss, from If Eternity Should Fail) and his two sons
* The Long Distance Runner
* The Clown (tears of a clown)
* The Dreamers (Many songs talk about dreams)
* The Stranger (don't look into his eyes, be afraid to shoot him, and he is in a strange land)
* The Amigos (LOL)
* The weekend warrior

Bryan-3528
08-31-2016, 04:55 PM
I love this thread, so many great ideas.

Some of these ideas have so much potential for development, I can see not just new characters, but also some new dungeons/campaigns built around them.

"The Dark" could have an attack that causes fear - effectively stunning or debuffing the target.

Also, did we mention the Phantom of the Opera yet? ;)

Nekroliun
08-31-2016, 06:04 PM
Well every ally u can get can be fought somewhere as an enemy, i dont think they will make an ally that isnt an enemy, so every idea will have to wait till they make a chapter that suits these amazing ideas... Too bad

Btw Necropolis, best idea ever, would make an amazing final boss for a chapter! And his sons would be the mid chapter bosses!

OpticSugar
08-31-2016, 06:41 PM
Oh Yeah! Phantom of the Opera! I could just see his fury ability now... with a booming pipe organ, he takes off his mask and reveals his face to the enemy (and of course, the camera is behind him, so we never can see what he looks like). I think more non-eddies should come with fury abilities.

I love the idea of the fear stun ability... As far as "the Dark's" shadow appearance... I always thought Drag Me To Hell handled this really well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tanKqukbfM

Papaj
08-31-2016, 06:53 PM
I would love to have Rod Smallwood as an ally. Probably a Gunner - as he's somewhat of a supporting character, also can't think of any skills to give him. But it would be awesome.

OpticSugar
08-31-2016, 06:55 PM
Here's a challenge for everyone:

How about coming up with some more supporting characters that might not have ever been mentioned directly but could be associated with various known characters/eddies.

An example:
What about some Psycho Ward Orderlies and doctors from the Peace of Mind asylum? Actually, I'd love to see a whole Asylum world done up in the Cosmos. Creepy hospital hallway environments with flickering fluorescent lights that lead to padded rooms or electro-shock therapy chairs! That would just be sick. They've seemed to have avoided the whole Peace of Mind theme so far, and it is one of my favorite album cover themes!

BillLion
08-31-2016, 06:57 PM
I would love to have Rod Smallwood as an ally. Probably a Gunner - as he's somewhat of a supporting character, also can't think of any skills to give him. But it would be awesome.

Ha, me too!

And maybe the crazy Brazilian priest from the Flight 666 documentary. His main special: Bad Ink (covers you w/ bad tats until you turn to run from embarrassment which leaves you exposed to attacks, thus you absorb greater damage)

OpticSugar
08-31-2016, 07:27 PM
Ha! I forgot about that guy! Hysterical.

007RAV15-8839
09-01-2016, 01:09 AM
Hoping for Margaret Thatcher in Dark City update! (Go excellent with Killers Eddie)

Can someone point me to the Eddie thread please? Searched butno luck.

007RAV15-8839
09-01-2016, 08:43 AM
Nevermind, found it.

Rhorun
09-04-2016, 08:01 PM
Maiden coffin that shuts around the target depending on the level strength etc it saps a % of health

Valgard
09-20-2016, 08:17 PM
Didn't read this thread throughly until today. You got some cool ideas.

If we imagine new characters, I can also imagine new worlds for the campaign, don't know if you follow me:

SEA OF ICE AND SNOW
A coastal area with fjords at the beginning and icebergs in the end.
Battle songs: Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Ghost of the Navigator, The Talisman.
* Viking invader (Invaders): warrior, sentinel and assassin.
* Undead sailor (Rime of the Ancient Mariner): spectral creature.
* Sea spirit (Rime of the Ancient Mariner): with the shape of an albatross.
* Ice golem (7th Son of a 7th Son album cover): similar to rock golem.
* Ghost of the Navigator (idem): Boss.
* Viking Eddie: Scandinavian gigs T-Shirt from A Matter of Life and Death tour.

EMPIRE OF THE CLOUDS
Walking on clouds and floating islands and flying fortresses.
Battle songs: Flight of Icarus, Tailgunner, Death or Glory, Empire of the Clouds.
* Flying monkey (Death or Glory): Various classes, with the "Climb" ability.
* Siren (Aces High, Bruce himself): Similar to harpy, but with stuns or blinds.
* Air genie (no song, but see Khan below): standard humanoids with Mongol aesthetics and air or whirlwind powers.
* Khan of the clouds (mix between Genghis Khan and Empire of the Clouds): Genie boss.
* Flight of Icarus Eddie (idem's single cover): Eddie with a flame thrower and bat-like wings is always cool.

Just some ideas...

OpticSugar
09-20-2016, 08:32 PM
Didn't read this thread throughly until today. You got some cool ideas.

If we imagine new characters, I can also imagine new worlds for the campaign, don't know if you follow me:

SEA OF ICE AND SNOW
A coastal area with fjords at the beginning and icebergs in the end.
Battle songs: Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Ghost of the Navigator, The Talisman.
* Viking invader (Invaders): warrior, sentinel and assassin.
* Undead sailor (Rime of the Ancient Mariner): spectral creature.
* Sea spirit (Rime of the Ancient Mariner): with the shape of an albatross.
* Ice golem (7th Son of a 7th Son album cover): similar to rock golem.
* Ghost of the Navigator (idem): Boss.
* Viking Eddie: Scandinavian gigs T-Shirt from A Matter of Life and Death tour.

EMPIRE OF THE CLOUDS
Walking on clouds and floating islands and flying fortresses.
Battle songs: Flight of Icarus, Tailgunner, Death or Glory, Empire of the Clouds.
* Flying monkey (Death or Glory): Various classes, with the "Climb" ability.
* Siren (Aces High, Bruce himself): Similar to harpy, but with stuns or blinds.
* Air genie (no song, but see Khan below): standard humanoids with Mongol aesthetics and air or whirlwind powers.
* Khan of the clouds (mix between Genghis Khan and Empire of the Clouds): Genie boss.
* Flight of Icarus Eddie (idem's single cover): Eddie with a flame thrower and bat-like wings is always cool.

Just some ideas...

Those are some great ideas!