PDA

View Full Version : PPPPLLLLEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEE add a "Draw" option to the Gauntlet already!!

Yup
02-22-2019, 07:03 PM
Another endless battle....

I let this auto-play for roughly 45 minutes (no joke).

Finally spotted a SLIGHT weakness... and through merely tapping to change which one the Shinobi would hit, I was able to stun, switch, stun, switch, stun, switch, stun switch, stun, switch.....my way to victory.. but LORD did it take FOREVER!!!

So, after an hour... I get a victory finally... and then....

Ugh! Thankfully the victory counted still.

The Gauntlet REALLY needs a "draw" option. Or better yet a "push" option so no one gains or loses anything... and the characters used are then NOT locked out.

chrismt
02-23-2019, 11:07 PM
It would be abused if added. During a gauntlet fight, I went against B mayan priestess who had unilimited endure and I didnt have anyone on my team to remove it. After 30mins of hoping for a draw, I gave up and lost but it was my mistake.
Where would you «*draw*» the line for a draw ? after xx minutes ? You would just never loose.

HuckFinn150
02-23-2019, 11:34 PM
Sad thing is when you are in a battle in the arena and get to the point of beating the team and the system calling a draw as the last person on the other team falls. No points granted...

Yup
02-24-2019, 03:33 AM
How could it be "abused"?? Draw would only be an option AFTER fights hit a specified number of turns.. like 20 or 30 (rather than the 10 the arena uses). I mean if you can survive 20 turns and NOT kill the AI team, clearly it's a draw. The match above must have taken close to 50-75 turns to end.

Muzzleloader
02-24-2019, 03:40 AM
I maybe can understand a draw so you dont get a lose, but I dont see that if you choose the wrong toons in the battle that you should be able to reuse them.

Esquatcho
02-24-2019, 02:02 PM
Having played against that green ninja with fortunes, I reckon it needs a tweak anyway. I mean how she can basically stay undamaged infinitely is pretty crazy! There is really no way to take her down is there? Any damage mutipliers have to be on your side, but even with chars that regularly do over 30k in my team they were basically getting net damage on her of 0.

H3lls4ng3l
02-24-2019, 04:40 PM
On my last fight on AAA I have a Madam with a fortune set, and I've already "lost" twice, now I have no toons left, so I'm stuck there just because of it. Can't inflict heal-block, or really any other effect as she cleans herself constantly. Oh well.

E: And what I mean with lost is that I had 4 toons alive vs Madam and couldn't do a single thing to kill her.

Metallicamilo
02-25-2019, 02:07 AM
What about A draw option but you can use the characters again?

Yup
02-25-2019, 05:59 AM
That's what I proposed.

legacy_of_not
02-27-2019, 03:03 PM
+1 had this problem last night as well. Complete Stalemate.

Zantarath
02-28-2019, 08:57 AM
I Agree with Yup, it’s only fair to have draw option due to the Bugs in gauntlet like perma undmageable shroud, unremoveable invincibility. Eddies that cannot change past/future skills.

A Draw would significantly reduce player complains.

If a limit must be imposed to avoid abuse then, maybe limit the number of draws a player can do per gauntlet cycle (like3 draws for the 14 days) or players must use the same characters for the fight after drawing.

Either option can largely prevent abuse

HeadOnFire
03-01-2019, 04:01 AM
Agreed. Makes no sense for there to be draws in the arena but not in the gauntlet. And on this topic, arena draws should take more turns than they currently do; I've had a couple of particularly long battles almost get cut short when I was about to win -- but thankfully was able to finish the fight before the game cut me off.

HeadOnFire
03-01-2019, 04:04 AM
After reading some other comments, I want to point out that draws can't really be abused. It takes a certain number of turns (which even in the arena is longer than most fights last) and if you're fighting a losing battle, you're not likely to survive that long. If you do last long enough to trigger a draw, you were probably able to survive indefinitely until giving up and quitting.

Liu
03-01-2019, 08:09 AM
There is an inherent difference between the arena and the gauntlet that prevents a meaningful comparison of both game types: locking of characters. I'm against a draw option - in an actual challenge a draw counts as a loss, you always have to be better than the challenged.
Having said that, the sheer amount of bugs occurring warrants a draw option, but it should remain in the game only on a temporary basis. Though come to think of it, will they ever get rid of gauntlet breaking bugs ? NF really can't take pride in fixing issues swiftly ..

Yup
03-01-2019, 08:59 AM
There needs to be SOME mechanism other than forfeiture when a battle has reached a stalemate.

Restart battle after 30 rounds, no loss recorded, but requiring the same characters be used again --- literally a restart from the beginning of the match -- would be fine.

I just think it's poor practice to reach stalemates and the AI wins with it's impossible talisman combos (which you don't/can't know until you go into battle) because your ONLY option is to forfeit. Not lose.. give up. That's wrong.... the AI doesn't need to sleep, work, shit, shower, eat, etc.

Esquatcho
03-01-2019, 02:35 PM
Had my 1st draw need today. Down to my last char, had a warrior newborn of light with dominance and angel, up against redan. Both just kept healing every turn. Was quite disappointing to finish off having to lose after a massive comeback.