PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Fortune Talisman Strategy

Esquatcho
02-25-2019, 01:47 AM
Anyone got any tips? I keep getting smashed by teams with fortune talismans. Get it down to that one char, but cant kill them. Any negative buffs get cleared. Im guessing someone who can give team ascension and buffs is your only chance? I mean even heal block gets cleansed!

Metallicamilo
02-25-2019, 02:02 AM
If it is the last character, the only strategy is using eternity eddie with Mark talisman and spam... But if a blue lilith has it. It is impossible to win.

Yup
02-25-2019, 06:34 AM
Key is to use 1-hit toons. Which can be a challenge. Most characters now days do "3 hits of X damage" or along those lines.... If you can stun or freeze on that last hit it can help. Or if you can do enough damage to kill or nearly kill in 1 hit that helps. But it can be challenging. They seem to cause more healing than damage done in most instances. Kind of futile to do 2k damage in 3 hits and watch the toon heal for 2.5k x 3. But if you can do 8k damage in 1 hi, the healing once for 2.5K is not as bad.

I think that Fortunes should NOT clear silver buffs, and possibly heal for % of damage, not HP... but well.. not sure if they'd ever implement such changes.

I ultimately find them a lot like A Banshee.. annoying and only serve to slow things down, not make things more fun.

And actually I find M Lilith WAY easier to kill if she has them. She's a blocker.. hit OTHER toons and she takes damage and the Fortunes do next to nothing (because she's not being hit). Just don't attack her directly.

Esquatcho
02-25-2019, 06:51 AM
Key is to use 1-hit toons. Which can be a challenge. Most characters now days do "3 hits of X damage" or along those lines.... If you can stun or freeze on that last hit it can help. Or if you can do enough damage to kill or nearly kill in 1 hit that helps. But it can be challenging. They seem to cause more healing than damage done in most instances. Kind of futile to do 2k damage in 3 hits and watch the toon heal for 2.5k x 3. But if you can do 8k damage in 1 hi, the healing once for 2.5K is not as bad.

I think that Fortunes should NOT clear silver buffs, and possibly heal for % of damage, not HP... but well.. not sure if they'd ever implement such changes.

I ultimately find them a lot like A Banshee.. annoying and only serve to slow things down, not make things more fun.

And actually I find M Lilith WAY easier to kill if she has them. She's a blocker.. hit OTHER toons and she takes damage and the Fortunes do next to nothing (because she's not being hit). Just don't attack her directly.

Thanks.

Yeah, I think the problem is more that I cant ever seem to get enough damage with a single hitter. Even my usually trusty hallowed eddie doesnt do enough damage before the heal comes through. I actually find A banshee a lot easier as at least there are a heap of ways to disable passive!

Zantarath
02-26-2019, 03:46 AM

I second on the cleansing silver buff thing it’s a bit crazy.

Also nerf damage reduction to 50% and we prolly golden

Tho do take into account that some players bought the limited time defense relics to make this extra painful

One strat is to lower the fortune talisman user’s max hp and ashieve easier 1 shot

Esquatcho
02-26-2019, 10:27 AM
One strat is to lower the fortune talisman user’s max hp and ashieve easier 1 shot

Ooh, nice, might have to crack out those assassin dudes a bit more then! And my newly acquired necro talismans!

HeadOnFire
03-19-2019, 10:07 PM
Other than the Eternity Eddie spam, heal block and/or crave seem like the only way to beat high-health fortune enemies. Unfortunately, I don't have anyone in my regular teams who can apply either of those effects so I need to know if the enemy has fortunes ahead of time in order to counter it. I know fortunes fully cleanse debuffs, but that's at the start of the turn so if you heal block/crave on your first move, it'll still prevent them from healing after each attack.

Stormseye
03-20-2019, 02:42 AM
Warrior Derby Demon power move is my main key to beating Fortune. Usually takes two cycles but you lower the max hp then your high damage dealers can just kill them easier.

Nifelheim
03-20-2019, 07:06 AM
Assassin warlord power move to inflict ghost+sehkmet(or any warrior equipped with valor) to remove ghost=1 turn defeat.

Warlord basic reduces max health 20%. Which is more than acr,beast,necropolis talis.

Natasmai
03-20-2019, 02:24 PM
Other than the Eternity Eddie spam, heal block and/or crave seem like the only way to beat high-health fortune enemies. Unfortunately, don't have anyone in my regular teams who can apply either of those effects so I need to know if the enemy has fortunes ahead of time in order to counter it. I know fortunes fully cleanse debuffs, but that's at the start of the turn so if you heal block/crave on your first move, it'll still prevent them from healing after each attack.

fortune has a chance to cleanse on any damage it takes, not at the beginning of turn, which is why this set is such a joke. best strategy i have seen is using the count to deal a massive single attack.

Muzzleloader
03-20-2019, 09:46 PM
FFE and KP do a nice job in taking out toons with fortune talisman. M lilith with fortune, do a disable passive on her and take out other members leaving her for last. I havent tried sentinall corrupt rescuer, but she may do enough damage to overcome fortune. Alchemists power move does descent damage, but the normal move is useless against it.

Esquatcho
03-21-2019, 01:40 AM
Interesting, I never knew sentinel corrupt rescuer did big damage!? So worth sharding up?

Muzzleloader
03-21-2019, 01:58 AM
I dont know SCR is worth sharding before many newer toons. At one time it do descent damage, but its power move to remove negative buffs from allies and placing them on yourself along with the extra turn. Passive healing increases with negative buffs along with damage done with normal move.

An example, is you went against beelzebub with all the neagative effects it placed on your team could backfire and cause them to be destroyed on your next turn.

She can be useful in gauntlet. There are many older toons that can be useful. Yellow valkyrie with its cleansing skill can be overlooked. Same as sentinal desert guardian was overlooked, but its passive disable and ability to hold eternal breathed life back into him.

HeadOnFire
03-21-2019, 10:13 PM
fortune has a chance to cleanse on any damage it takes, not at the beginning of turn, which is why this set is such a joke. best strategy i have seen is using the count to deal a massive single attack.

Oh shit, I didn't notice that. Yeah then, I guess lowering max health really is is the thing to do.

Stormseye
03-21-2019, 10:27 PM
I also found a good work around for those pesky Sentinel Shinobi's with Fortune sets. You can lower HP but since she can cleanse and heal and often has Invincibility up she cannot be damaged. You need to use her Invincibility against her. I use FFE to inflict Heal Block then follow up with End of Night to inflict Doom or Alchemist Last Rites. Once she has Doom allow her to keep Invincibility on herself so that none of your allies damage and trigger Fortune. She will die in 2 rounds from the Doom.

Esquatcho
03-22-2019, 05:34 AM
I also found a good work around for those pesky Sentinel Shinobi's with Fortune sets. You can lower HP but since she can cleanse and heal and often has Invincibility up she cannot be damaged. You need to use her Invincibility against her. I use FFE to inflict Heal Block then follow up with End of Night to inflict Doom or Alchemist Last Rites. Once she has Doom allow her to keep Invincibility on herself so that none of your allies damage and trigger Fortune. She will die in 2 rounds from the Doom.

Does the Fortune cleanse silver debuffs!? I thought it didnt....

Yup
03-22-2019, 08:10 AM
Fortune cleanses EVERYTHING. Best you can do is inflict something with a single hit, or as the last hit in a multi-hit attack.

Blade
03-22-2019, 08:52 AM
Fortune cleanses EVERYTHING. Best you can do is inflict something with a single hit, or as the last hit in a multi-hit attack.

Exactly! And with the next update the trigger chance of cleanse should be reduced

Esquatcho
03-22-2019, 09:04 AM
Exactly! And with the next update the trigger chance of cleanse should be reduced

Yeah, that will be a welcome tweak. Theyll still be tough, but much more manageable!