PDA

View Full Version : Trail of Time (Boss Run) - Brawl with Bosses for valuable rewards!

Leviathan
02-27-2019, 12:40 AM
Battle with bosses in the Cosmos for valuable rewards!

From now until March 5th at 4PM PDT, complete event challenges to earn rewards such as Heroic Legendary Fragments, rare Cosmic Talisman evolution materials and more!

Collect 250 Fragments to obtain 1 Heroic Legendary Soul! The Heroic Legendary Soul guarantees a 4⭐ to 5⭐ Character from the current Heroic Rotation along with the featured character fragments.

This event is the first time Cosmic Talisman specific evolution materials such as the Onyx of Ruin, Demon Seed and Ashes of Ice are available. Duel and inflict negative effects on The Killer Beast to earn these rare items!

To help you complete the event challenges in Night City, Nightfall Relics are now available for Gold in the Specials Store!

Nightfall Relics award players a limited-time 50% boost per Relic level to various character stats in Night City. Purchase each Relic twice for a 100% boost on your HP, Attack and Magic stats!

Please note: Nightfall Relics will expire 2 weeks after they are purchased (Note: Earning additional levels of these Relics will refresh the timer!). These Relics will not increase stats in other areas outside of Night City.

edsel
02-27-2019, 01:00 AM
Dude, I can't wait to get my first Epic Sou

Saigrim
02-27-2019, 01:22 AM
Only thing better would be some Epic Soup.

Esquatcho
02-27-2019, 01:26 AM
Meh, something to do while burning through troopers I guess... except for night city. If only I had anything other than which cosmics. Might want to actually evo it then!

I suppose Ill try to finish of the other two PVP challenges and see if I've got any spare time.... I still hold out hope that my next talisman soul is going to drop a purple!

OxygenThief
02-27-2019, 01:44 AM
Crap. Guess I’d better hurry up and unlock Night City.

Just started plugging away on Underworld madness this morning.

bort
02-27-2019, 02:04 AM
This event is the first time Cosmic Talisman specific evolution materials such as the Onyx of Ruin, Demon Seed and Ashes of Ice are available. Duel and inflict negative effects on The Killer Beast to earn these rare items!

I'd love to be able to use those, but my existing Cosmic talisman needs a crown of something, and the rewards for my (would be) second one have glitched out instead of rewarding them.

Amarthir
02-27-2019, 02:53 AM
I'd like this event alot better if it gave out more than one of each material. Maybe I'll just wait for the events that dish out more mats.

Crap. Guess I’d better hurry up and unlock Night City.

Just started plugging away on Underworld madness this morning.

You're gonna be in for a wild ride buddy.

Yup
02-27-2019, 07:18 AM
Event achievements which provide only 1 item needed for Cosmic upgrades... and require 30 runs to get that one item... Stingy stingy stingy. Even if you complete those events you'll have to wait until they offer other events dropping 4 more "ashes", "onyx" etc.... You need 5 to evolve, minimum.

I kind of get it since Cosmics are so powerful, but then why not make it 5 runs or 10 rather than 30?? Night Cit levels just suck.. sorry devs, they do. The rewards are total shit from them. If you boosted gold output to 10K+ it would be livable, but at 1-4K gold they are a joke.

Stavros65
02-27-2019, 09:51 AM
For beelzebub this team works very well:

Beast eddy (HP Drain + Permadeath when invincible or imunity)
Blue bath (lower accuracy)
Green derby demon (permadeath)

scott-5496
02-27-2019, 10:16 AM
I guess at least these sort of events makes us a thik a little about our best possible team to hit as many achievments as we can. These osrts of events are better than the turgid arena event - just a very sad grind and not a care in the world on anything other then hitting the 200. Blimey my cup is half empty today!

Ip4
02-27-2019, 10:24 AM
can someone post all characters needed for this event?

Shaolin85london
02-27-2019, 10:53 AM
can someone post all characters needed for this event?
Good call troop

Ip4
02-27-2019, 10:56 AM
for BEAST i use:
assassin rocket dog
Killer Eddie
Killer Prime

Natasmai
02-27-2019, 12:47 PM
for Horus, i used

red harpy - burn
gunner convict - mark
crusader ed - block benny's

Ip4
02-27-2019, 12:58 PM
Lower power generation and flare?

Wrath fury give flare but that's complicated...

Esquatcho
02-27-2019, 01:01 PM
For wickerman: I got no idea for auto. I think I might have to bloody manual it - he dies too easily!

For Horus I used:
Iron Eddie - block
Warrior CR - burn
Magus Chopper - Mark

And yeah the AMOLAD team from Stavros seems to be going OK:
Beast eddy (HP Drain + Permadeath when invincible or imunity)
Blue bath (lower accuracy)
Green derby demon (permadeath)

Yet to tackle the last two, but Ips team for IP looks the goods. Might see if the 7th son might substitute instead of killer eddie (as I dont have him).

nitro
02-27-2019, 01:16 PM
Horus.

DDE - Physical burn

GotN
02-27-2019, 01:23 PM
Lower power generation and flare?

Wrath fury give flare but that's complicated...

Lower power generation: Ass. Corrupt Rescuer, Sekhmet, Warr. Harpy
Flare: Warr. Corrupt Rescuer

For Permadeath KP is the best choice. He removes all beneficial effects from beezle and inflicts permanente with passive.

Muzzleloader
02-27-2019, 03:00 PM
Depending on your roster, besides the NC battles this is the easiest cosmos event in awhile. Anyone have any suggestions for the NC battles?

GotN
02-27-2019, 03:25 PM
Depending on your roster, besides the NC battles this is the easiest cosmos event in awhile. Anyone have any suggestions for the NC battles?

Switched to normal mode for this, cause it’s difficult enough to inflict flare. Only character who does that with high chance is Warr.CR. Sharded him for this so he can get 75%. Trying with Wickerman Eddie in the back, but never got enough fury to use it. For curse i use again the passive of KP, who is by far the most useful char in most missions. I think it’s not possible to do Lower Power Generation within those runs, so I will go for this with extra ones. Anyone other ideas?

OxygenThief
02-27-2019, 04:38 PM
I need suggestions for:

* attack down
* HP drain
* bleed
* bloodlust

I could have sworn I had a toon that inflicted bleed, but now I can’t find it. I’m almost positive I don’t have one for bloodlust, though.

Thanks!

edsel
02-27-2019, 04:50 PM
Like Amarthir said, the scant resources offered are inadequate. Like most times the initial offering is minimal with a price tag attached to getting a leg up. Then slowly the flood gates open and you can get enough of something to be useful. But at this rate it will be a very long time until we see a maxed level 50 cosmic talisman. The evo materials I need for the T2 doesn't exist yet. Anyone get the red T3 that I want so badly? I use them already in this current state and really want to power them up/get others.53145315

Stormseye
02-27-2019, 04:53 PM
Beast Eddie - Blood Lust/Hp Drain can also use Gunner Bat for Hp drain
Assassin Corrupt Rescuer for Attack Down
Killers Eddie for Bleed some also use Artillery Dogs

Switched to Normal mode on Beast and NC.

For NC Flare

Eternity Eddie - Energy talismans
Wrath - 0 talismans (because Im lazy)
Sekemet - Valor

Use the old rinse and repeat technique. Alternate Fury between Wrath and Sekemet. You can have Flares done in 1 round though I did not use this combo until after I had 10 done with Wrath prior.

Going to use a similar technique with Assassin Corrupt Rescuer for Lower Power.
Pump up Fury, use Eternity Eddie attack, trigger energy talisman, use ACR power move, rinse and repeat.
Curse will be done easily with KP.

There are faster options I am sure but I am taking my time just finishing troopers.

Ip4
02-27-2019, 05:00 PM
finished Killer Beast easily wih:
Wickerman(use power attack that give 3 power instantly and fury(for flare)
Blue Lilith with fortune talisman
ACR-lower power(only power move with him because Wickerman give him power every turn)
Killer Prime

Chaosego888
02-27-2019, 05:05 PM
For Beelzebub, I ran Killer Prime and Sentinel Demon Spawn with my Trooper's Eddies leading the way, then switched these out for Angel of Pain and Crimson Pharaoh Dog.

For The Beast, I ran Alexander with Killer Prime and The Killer then switched the Killers out for the Rocket Dog and Artillery Dog for bleed. For some reason bleed wasn't counting for some of the battles but still finished these without refilling

I found it better to do the other levels on manual

For Powerslave, I used Doomsday Eddie for Physical Burns, Corrupt Harpy with Death Talismans and Mummy Dog. Use the Mummy Dog's power move on Horus 4 times then kill him with Doomsday's burn move. You only need the Mummy Dog for four runs then switch for Warrior Corrupt rescuer for Extra burns. I used The Beast here too but I don't think the burns were counting.

For Wickerman, I used Festive Wickerdeer, Pharaoh Sand Spirit and Wickerdog of Day with Alexander. Warrior Demon Spawn's passive doesn't work here for some reason, haven't looked at the Night City stuff yet

Muzzleloader
02-27-2019, 06:11 PM
Ip4, good choice. If you pur avenger and energy on wickerman you can earn extra power.

Ip4
02-27-2019, 06:16 PM
Agree with you mate!I starting to really like fortune tamismans :)

Muzzleloader
02-27-2019, 06:34 PM
What's also nice, if you get stunned lilith can cleanse the team.

MetalKing
02-27-2019, 08:01 PM
This event is disappointing due to the fact that to gain the talisman upgrade materials you have to have completed night city, which only a small number of players may have done. They have limited their rewards availability.

If you have him, daedalus is good for burns.

SinGularity-8786
02-27-2019, 08:05 PM
Night City Hard for Curse and Flare

Wickerman Eddie (Destiny) for Flare
Magus Chopper (Destiny) for Curse
Magus Lilith (Fortune)

OxygenThief
02-27-2019, 09:10 PM
I'd like this event alot better if it gave out more than one of each material. Maybe I'll just wait for the events that dish out more mats.

Made it through Underworld madness with 67/72 skulls and only spent 40 ironite to respawn my team. It was actually quite a bit easier than I thought it was going to be. Sitting at 703/708 skulls needed to unlock the Talisman Hoard quest and picked up The Nomad from a basic Warrior soul and of course Grim Reaper Eddie from finishing a step in Underworld. It's been a good morning/early afternoon.

Esquatcho
02-27-2019, 09:37 PM
Also dont forget Deathbats awesome reference spreadsheet (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10506-I-ve-created-a-handy-guide-to-LOTB-Characters-and-their-Effects)!

Deathbat6120
02-27-2019, 10:06 PM
Oh hey, funny you should mention my guide... It's just been updated! I overhauled the whole thing, every single character, it's driven me mad, but it's done! :D
Here's the link, and I'll sort out a table for the event tomorrow. I'm exhausted atm lol.
LINK - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1leSihjaPsvgZ2tFbepFVb1xTHtpxievr

Edit - Didn't realise you'd linked the thread, but hey, it's handy to have the guide here too lol

OxygenThief
02-27-2019, 10:14 PM

Also dont forget Deathbats awesome reference spreadsheet (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?10506-I-ve-created-a-handy-guide-to-LOTB-Characters-and-their-Effects)!

This is exactly what I was needing. Thanks for posting that!

And @Deathbat6120, thanks for all the hard work that you've put into that guide. I'm sure tons of players have been helped a LOT by your efforts.

Natasmai
02-27-2019, 10:53 PM
deathbat, you are a god among men! thanks for your efforts!

Inishmore
02-28-2019, 06:20 AM
Oh hey, funny you should mention my guide... It's just been updated! I overhauled the whole thing, every single character, it's driven me mad, but it's done! :D
Here's the link, and I'll sort out a table for the event tomorrow. I'm exhausted atm lol.

Edit - Didn't realise you'd linked the thread, but hey, it's handy to have the guide here too lol

I am speachless! This is amazing. I'm on this forum for ages but I somehow missed your list. That is incredible work.

Esquatcho
02-28-2019, 12:12 PM

Yep, Ive got your thread bookmarked and visit regularly! Nice work updating it too, you're a legend!

URock
02-28-2019, 01:25 PM
Damn wrong translations!!!

In english there are two different debuffs: flame and flare, but the german translation only says: "Flamme". Important to complete "flare on the Killer Beast" in Lord of the Flies!!! I wondered why the "flame" of the Pyro Soldiers didn't count...

Blade
02-28-2019, 01:38 PM

In english there are two different debuffs: flame and flare, but the german translation only says: "Flamme". Important to complete "flare on the Killer Beast" in Lord of the Flies!!! I wondered why the "flame" of the Pyro Soldiers didn't count...

I remember that exactly the same thing happened in another event that was also related to those 2 debuffs.
Yes, the translation is still poor and it is still not changed that we get the news feed stuff in our ip-related (I think so) language and NOT in the language we selected within the game options. Please devs, a change would be appreciated!

I would recommend to put your game in english language so that at least these misunderstandings are gone. At least do it in the beginning of an event so that you know what buffs the challenges are about.
Better solution would be that the team takes more time for good translations. URock and I would be happy to check your translations before publication... let's say 500 Ironite per event? :P

real_schweiger
02-28-2019, 05:57 PM

Yes, this happened with the "Rächer" Talisman as well - there are two Talisman set with that name - so choose wisely ;)
I´m very happy with this forum, because it helps out with toons or passiva that do work (or probably do not). This helped me not to waste any SoT - nevertheless I switched to "English" as I watched out for the needed Toons.

I finaly finished all missions, just "lower power generation" drops very slow as I only have Harpy with this debuff.

Added Deathbat´s Character List to my bookmarks - great job!!! Although I did not need it this event, it will surely help a lot with coming events.

edsel
02-28-2019, 06:25 PM
Love the Slayer Avatar, my favorite group. I listen to them often when playing due to their themes of killing and destruction being conducive to battles. Too bad they don't have a videogame.

real_schweiger
02-28-2019, 08:33 PM
Love the Slayer Avatar, my favorite group. I listen to them often when playing due to their themes of killing and destruction being conducive to battles. Too bad they don't have a videogame.

LOL, that would kill the rest of my spare time :D

Deathbat6120
02-28-2019, 08:40 PM
And just in case anyone wanted a table with the best characters for the event, here it is too. Sorry it's a little late, but hopefully it's still useful to some :)
Also, sorry about it being in two bits. It's a huge table sadly.

kkkreg5
02-28-2019, 10:36 PM
Yes! All Hail Deathbat!!

Ancient Mariner
03-01-2019, 06:28 PM
Yes! All Hail Deathbat!!

\m/

Deathbat, even if I (and i guess all the others aswell) don't express all my gratitude every single time you deserve it for your efforts to help others, just consider that i'm always grateful to you :)

HeadOnFire
03-02-2019, 03:31 AM
I love the idea of an event that has us fighting bosses throughout the old levels, since there isn't usually much reason to do anything in the Kingdoms, Battlefield, and Underworld besides auto-farming the last level. But the specific effects we need to apply, I just find annoying. There are so many characters, skills, and effects in this game that it's possible (likely even) for people to simply not have a character to apply said effects. Drain Health, for example, I was only able to complete because I happen to have a set of vampiric talismans and just won Beast Eddie from some random soul recently.

I think that instead of these events saying "apply X number of Y effects" it should be similar objectives to the skull bonuses. Things like "land only perfect hits against Beelzebub, kill The Beast with 100% health, etc. Things that would still take some skill and team coordination, but would be doable by all of us and wouldn't require the tedious work of searching through every. single. skill to figure out who can consistently apply Flare. I know Wickerman Eddie can with his fury, but then there's the issue of keeping him alive for one turn against the Killer Beast. I think Wrath can also drop Flare but not everyone can expect to have him. I don't think I have anyone who can lower power generation, except maybe a trooper or 2.

Muzzleloader
03-02-2019, 04:09 AM
There are a couple of reasons to make an event of applying X number of Y effects. First they want you to try and figure what troops/talisman combos can be used to finish the event. Secondly they want you to have to collect as many toons and talisman. That means you will need to grind and possibly spend money to collect every thing.

Then to be able to use the toons/talis, you will need to grind some more. The more you play the better the chances you will spend some money.

crapmaster
03-04-2019, 07:20 PM
I'm going crazy. Struggling hard to get past Lord of flies on normal level. I have tried all kinds of different teams but still gets my ass whooped!

After many tears, curses and grey hair I have only the Flare challenge left.

Using Warrior Corrupt Rescuer.
What support team do I need to not die all the f***ING time?
Characters and talismans?

Any advice apriciated.

Muzzleloader
03-04-2019, 07:22 PM
What is your game I'd, so we can look at your roster.

crapmaster
03-04-2019, 07:40 PM
What is your game I'd, so we can look at your roster.

crapmaster-8877

infinite dreamer
03-04-2019, 07:46 PM
As a last resort, you can try the Sekhmet and Eternity Eddie combo. Her fury gives a chance of flare, so you would have to do it a lot, but it wouldn't cost much as far as SOT.

Stormseye
03-04-2019, 08:21 PM
I'm going crazy. Struggling hard to get past Lord of flies on normal level. I have tried all kinds of different teams but still gets my ass whooped!

Any advice apriciated.

Use Alexander with Domination/Angel talisman
Warrior Corrupt Prime/Angel/Cosmic
Magus Lillith - Fortune/Sustaining

That should give you enough survivability to get in few Flares before you kill KB. Take out the dogs first and then just use power moves to drop flares.

crapmaster
03-04-2019, 08:47 PM

That should give you enough survivability to get in few Flares before you kill KB. Take out the dogs first and then just use power moves to drop flares.

Dying on first or second attack!

Stormseye
03-04-2019, 09:04 PM
Do you have your talismans maxed or are they all under 5*? Simply using the talisman sets without maxing them will make a huge difference and will not afford you the same protection as maxed talismans.

HeadOnFire
03-04-2019, 09:09 PM

Any advice apriciated.

Do you have The Alchemist, or anywhere near completing his soul? If so, he is my go-to guy against high-health bosses. His power ability does roughly 40% of their max HP as true damage, and this has no limit as far as I know. Plus it gives him an extra turn, so if you can generate 10 power you can fire it off twice in one turn and use his basic ability afterward, and then it'll only take a couple decent hits from the rest of your team to kill him. Of course, those god-awful hellhounds are still a problem I have no reliable solution to since they put everyone to sleep and can remove perfect immunity.

Which of those can apply flare? I don't have any of them, but would like to know who to look out for.

Muzzleloader
03-04-2019, 09:10 PM
You could substitute wickerman Eddie, his fury applies flare. I put avenger/energy to gain power.

infinite dreamer
03-04-2019, 09:17 PM
Which of those can apply flare? I don't have any of them, but would like to know who to look out for.

Warrior corrupt rescuer

Chaosego888
03-04-2019, 09:28 PM

Any advice apriciated.
If you're only needing flare, try Wicker Man Eddie with the setup Muzzleloader suggested, Magus Lilith with Fortune (most of the time you will be able to use her power move that provides immunity) and Wrath... You could put Healing talismans on Wrath for extra security I guess. Both Wicker Man Eddie and Wrath inflict flare with their fury so just heal with one and cast fury with the other

crapmaster
03-04-2019, 09:33 PM
Finally solved (after multiple deaths and retries).

Warrior Corrupt Rescuer (prime, angel and Cosmic)
Benjamin Breeg Eddie (eternal)
The Prisoner (primordial)

Thanks for the help!

Stormseye
03-04-2019, 10:08 PM
Blast been few days since I had compeleted this and I just realized I finished it with

Eternity Eddie - Energy taliaman
Sekemet - Valor
Wrath - no talismans

Just alternate Fury between Sekemet and Wrath and you can do it in just a few attempts. Was quick after I found that out and you should probably not even get hit. Using the Eternity Eddie basic move to boost fury.
Sorry about the other methods not working.

edsel
03-04-2019, 10:36 PM
Blast been few days since I had compeleted this and I just realized I finished it with

Eternity Eddie - Energy taliaman
Sekemet - Valor
Wrath - no talismans

Just alternate Fury between Sekemet and Wrath and you can do it in just a few attempts. Was quick after I found that out and you should probably not even get hit. Using the Eternity Eddie basic move to boost fury.
Sorry about the other methods not working.

Yeah Stormseye, I used your EE, Sekhmet setup with different 3rd character for varied uses, unsharded level 1 no talismans works fine cuz they never touch you!

Symbiote
03-05-2019, 07:02 PM
What's up with this fucking Bullshit Game?!
I played 10-15 Rounds against this stupid Killer Beast.., with Assassin Corrupt Rescuer an manual to get this stupid Lower Power Generation.., but it's still on 2??? Even i did it more than 30 fucking times..,
Do i need to win against him that this shit counts? Because i lost every Round... -.- btw. on easy.., maybe i'm too bad..,

But it really fucking sucks.., that this stupid Lower Power Generation didn't count...
Is it so difficult to write "Use Lower Power bla bla bla - You have to win that this crap counts"?

And what's up with his fucking immunity against an unknown Number of Debuffs?!
Man.., BALANCE this fucking game.., and give us more informations about what Boss is immune against whatever..,

Sorry guys.., i'm stressed out... ^^

Edit: As for the not winning against him was my fault, i just was to stupid to think about it, to use 3 Eddies instead of just one.., *FACEPALM*!!! x'D

infinite dreamer
03-05-2019, 07:21 PM
Unfortunately you have to win the battle for it to count in the challenge. Who are you using besides assassin corrupt rescuer?

Blade
03-05-2019, 07:33 PM
That's right, you have to win otherwise the effects won't count.
Do you have the Cyborg bird? I was happy to see that his fury does exactly that debuff with guarantee. Combined with Alexander and MLilith (Fortunes) it is a fun team for autoplay on easy! But give the bird some angle Talis, otherwise he will oversleep his fury moments :)

Tim28213
03-05-2019, 07:41 PM
I used Alexandeer Eddie with Echo/True and Magus Lilith with Immunity/Destiny to back up ACR. Stick Immunity on ACR too if you can.
Use Domination the first round as many times as Echo will repeat.
Magus Lilith has to hit the Hellhound with Quell skill to apply Exhaust or you will die.
As long as one Hellhound gets hit with Exhaust you should be fine. If you are lucky and get an extra turn Exhaust both Hellhounds and its easier..
This only works on manual. If Echo is generous you get a few faster wins. If not Eddie can Heal when he has to.
Kill a Hellhound as fast as you can and keep the other Exhausted.
Don't worry if ACR gets killed after 1 or 2 rounds, as long as Eddie survives any hits you land will count.
At least that worked for me.

Symbiote
03-05-2019, 08:22 PM
Thanks Guys. :)

I think.., i just was to dumb on manually playing to use more than one Eddie... :D
Oh man.., sometimes.., the error sits in front of the Problem.., yeah.., xD

But at least it would be good if they would give us more informations about these goals.., and the immunities of the Bosses..,

Edit: WOW after screaming a lot at my phone. xD I found a nice team to kill him on Normal with 2-3 Turns.., I have Final Frontier Eddie, Ass Corrupt Rescuer and The Alchemist with the Mark Talisman.., DAMN this Talis Set rocks... :D
Finally i'm done.., hell yeah.., But i didn't do and won't do it, the wickerman goals., i don't need the rewards and i'm done now.., i need to chill. haha