PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request: Stand Down (skip turn button)

OpticSugar
08-31-2016, 02:17 PM
I've been wanting this ability for a while. It sounds silly at first but there are many instances where I wish I could skip an individual character's attack. It's usually when the enemy is down to one and he's near death, and I want to go another round or two to be able to revive fallen characters, or heal up my team. Currently the only way to do something like this is to spend energy on an ability that does no damage to the enemy. This is a strategic ability that we should have the choice to make imho. It shouldn't be that hard to implement and it would bring more strategic thinking into the game.

Of course, the button should be smaller and off to the side somewhere where it can't be accidentally hit... maybe a confirmation dialogue comes up each time just to be safe?

Maybe this was already considered by the developers and they chose not to have this (as it would make things too easy) but it seems silly to me that we can't choose NOT to attack.

What do you think? Cast your vote above ^

Aristo4
08-31-2016, 03:10 PM
Voted yes, but that's cause I had to choose one :p

It both would make sense in the future when things get somehow harder, and also would damage the balance right now.

Vaseodin
08-31-2016, 04:13 PM
I think it would make things much too easy.

talpuz
08-31-2016, 04:29 PM
Too easy how?

I really wanted this when I was going through the last stages of underworld madness, because of the frickin' blue child of the damned bug. I think it makes perfect sense to have that option.

MadMax
08-31-2016, 11:29 PM
There are a lot of times I'd like to have one character or another stand down for a turn. For example, when health is rock bottom and the enemies have reflect shield up.

I love this idea.

Demoonchild
09-01-2016, 01:04 AM
Useful when the final Boss cast Ghost for 5 turns..... (jus kidding, but would be useful)

PsychoEddie
09-01-2016, 03:34 AM
It would make the game really easy.

Of course, instead also having the enemy AI do that as well may make things very interesting.

talpuz
09-01-2016, 05:01 AM
It would make the game really easy.

Of course, instead also having the enemy AI do that as well may make things very interesting.

I must be dumb. How would this make the game "really easy"?

goochklok
09-01-2016, 07:12 AM
I must be dumb. How would this make the game "really easy"?

It would make achieving some skulls much easier. For example the 10 power abilities or waiting to heal your health up above the required percentage.

OpticSugar
09-01-2016, 02:14 PM
Then make the skull achievements have the added requirement of "without skipping a turn"... Now they're just as hard as they always were. Problem solved.

Any other ways that it would make the game too easy that we can think of?

slauki
09-01-2016, 03:45 PM
i agree, that it would be too easy, sorry dude :-) you could skip the whole time when one or two enemies are left and fill up power, health and fury.
then you could crush every stage...

the balance of the game would drasticly change in a bad way.

OpticSugar
09-01-2016, 03:57 PM
No worries mate... that's why I put it to a vote. I couldn't decide if it would improve the game or not and I wanted to get some other minds thinking it through.

What if...
...you were only allowed X number of skips per game (maybe something like three)... and then there could be some special abilities that give you the chance to earn additional skips... but it was a limited ability. Then you had to really think about when the best time to use them was?

slauki
09-01-2016, 04:06 PM
No worries mate... that's why I put it to a vote. I couldn't decide if it would improve the game or not and I wanted to get some other minds thinking it through.

What if...
...you were only allowed X number of skips per game (maybe something like three)... and then there could be some special abilities that give you the chance to earn additional skips... but it was a limited ability. Then you had to really think about when the best time to use them was?

since the rounds are pretty short three times would be much to high imo. maybe once would be acceptable if you ask me

OpticSugar
09-01-2016, 04:13 PM
That makes sense... and seeing how you can already kind-of pseudo pull this off by using an ability that does no damage... but that costs you energy... and not every character has such abilities, so this could be used for those instances when you really need it to regroup your team.

Personally I think once is not enough... but three times may be too much. I cast my vote for two skip turns (per game) unless you have a character that has an ability that gives you the chance to earn another skip turn.

Kulimar
09-01-2016, 05:25 PM
Might be fine if there is a specific character that has the ability to do this. At least then it could be balanced around that character.

Mistikman-3331
09-02-2016, 04:51 AM
Might be fine if there is a specific character that has the ability to do this. At least then it could be balanced around that character.

Well, Visions Eddie kind of has a defend ability, so if it's gotta be a character specific thing then it already exists I guess.

But having it a character specific ability that only allows that one character to defend completely defeats the point of having a defend skill.

If an enemy has a reflect shield up, and my Visions Eddie can throw up his defensive shield, but my warrior ally that hits all enemies for 4k damage each is forced to attack, that defend skill on Visions Eddie isn't going to keep my warrior ally from killing himself and whatever other ally I have at the time.

The whole point of a defend option for me is to keep my extremely powerful AOE hitting damage unit from obliterating my team when an enemy throws up a damage shield, or otherwise has a way to heavily retaliate against offense.

Hallion91
09-10-2016, 06:37 AM
Nice one indeed, would help with completing mission objectives. But I think that's part of the game's difficulty