PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm an Arena HAS BEEN!

rags-6094
03-02-2019, 08:28 PM
Just poking fun at myself here, but am I the only one who is seriously struggling at the high end of Arena?

I fear I am a has been, I get flogged a few times by my peers and so what do I do? I go straight to my troopers teams and see what the hell it is their doing that I'm not doing... I change the talisman the same as they have done and give it a shot, flogged again!

I currently use FFE (eternals) KP(warlords,sustaining,immunity) Prisoner (primordials) MLillith (Fortune,sustaining)
I formerly had warlords on FFE along with energy's but it seems they just don't cut it anymore.

So what's the difference? Nightfall relics? Yeah I know, perhaps, I have not purchased them and am not sure if I should.. has anyone got them and seen a significant improvement? Oh hang on there only for night city..

Eternity relics then how do they perform? Are they worth me spending the gold?

I just don't know what else I'm doing wrong, I have finished collecting all the normal relics a month ago..

Perhaps it's true I may have become a "has been"....:(

HuckFinn150
03-02-2019, 08:40 PM
I can't answer here. I went from 275 to 2500. I haven't really been playing though. I was thinking of knocking a few battles out before the reset, but not sure. I seem to have a better chance at winning by attaching higher teams. Those below level 100 seem to be too much of a match for me. The last team that I tried attacking was a level 77. They killed me in short order. Makes one lose heart...

Ip4
03-02-2019, 08:44 PM
Rags,I attacked you few mins ago,your defence is good,my KP somehow kill all yor team in 2 turn and you kill my Charlotte and Prisoner and stun FFE...good fight ;)

rags-6094
03-02-2019, 08:44 PM
I hear you!
I think I will struggle on a little longer and try to at least finish in the top 100 with out any help from the eternity relics..

Muzzleloader
03-02-2019, 08:47 PM
Rags, we know you are just sandbagging us. If you want to win you can clear the floor. Maybe you are so despondant over everyone's loss in the souls debacle you cant see fit to add more heartache to your arena opponents.

rags-6094
03-02-2019, 08:48 PM
Yeah but it seems every time I start an attack the other team has full buffs and my team has all the neg buffs, to spite the fact I have Prisoner in there to counter the defence Prisoner passive disable and KP like everyone else.. why oh why am I attracting all the negative buffs while the defence is clean from the start..?

rags-6094
03-02-2019, 08:50 PM
No seriously ML I have been at it for a few hours off and on but am losing heart, I just don't seem competitive anymore, and what do you mean by sandbagging?

Muzzleloader
03-02-2019, 08:50 PM
Maybe physics works different down below.

Waffen
03-02-2019, 08:51 PM
Arena now a days has become a slot machine. With the current meta, coin toss has become a deciding factor in the arena. Especially, when up against the broken/glitchy A Banshee passive.

When I go up against the top teams, even with the lack of relics I can still one shot their team when I win the coin toss. On the other hand, losing coin toss against top end teams is nothing more than a lost game.

With the constant release of OP toons and talisman I am not sure if arena is something I enjoy, but I am far from maxing my relics, so I am being forced to play arena once I am done with the gauntlet.

Muzzleloader
03-02-2019, 08:55 PM
Sandbagging, is taking it easy on your opponent, not using your full strength. Letting them win without making it to noticable you let them win.

Kaz, mentioned they were working on passive disable, maybe they made a change behind the scenes.

rags-6094
03-02-2019, 09:34 PM
Something has definately changed, I am getting flogged by teams I used to be quite even with IP4's team I just had a go at I had the advantage of Prisoner too and the start, with no immunity present his team from the start thanks to KP and Prisoner but still passive disable was not on two of his team members, needless to say he only needed two of four members of his team to have a go and my team was dust...

And my defence wins all of a sudden is massive! I think the powers that be are fart assing around with the AI....

Stormseye
03-02-2019, 10:55 PM
Rags,

You know full well your teams arw always solid. Against Banshee teams I lose very rarely but my success against Prisoner/KP teams is very low. It really is dependent on the coin toss. I see so many people saying that the matches take too long. These people most likely do not face the Prisoner/KP teams that I face. If I lose coin toss then it is almsot over before my turn and even if I win the toss, I only have a 20% chance to win.

It is the nature of the game right now. It will change soon enough. Just hang in there. We all know you have the dedication to be in the top end and really thatbis all you need.

Yup
03-02-2019, 11:12 PM
And relics seem to be coming/going at times.... or maybe that's just part of the (non existent) AI boost.

Zantarath
03-03-2019, 02:41 AM
Cant have much input for you higher ups(i finished at 51th this week), but passive disable disables stuff for 1.5 turns (for example banshee's passive is applied at the beginning of banshee owner's team's turn and thus banshee's passibe is disabled more than 1 turn) and goes through the first turn Invisibility applied by shadow talisman
Given the priority of how game treats players and ai... if both team has prisoner then the advantage goes to the ai prisoner?

u guys can prolly figure out this stuff better than i do.
I'm a bit sour that i have to run both shadow and immunity on God Set.

also Rags, i'm sure you are joking~ your Has Been statement can build such great wall around top end pvp that it will make Trump have wet dreams

Esquatcho
03-03-2019, 06:55 AM
also Rags, i'm sure you are joking~ your Has Been statement can build such great wall around top end pvp that it will make Trump have wet dreams

lol, that statement absolutely cracked me up!

GrimDusk
03-03-2019, 07:16 AM
In my opinion, Dominance and Fortune Talismans are a god damn cancer on this game. Dominance just makes certain teams unkillable, and Fortune is just annoying. That's making PvP much harder.

Yup
03-03-2019, 10:10 AM
Actually, I think Assassin Banshee with her 75%+ ability to block everything is the biggest annoyance.

(yes I know the spec's state 35%.. but come on.. it's 75% or better clearly)

I'm simply auto-playing the arena any more because it's a crap shoot anyway. And on autoplay I get the same accuracy as the defense team in most instances.

Liu
03-03-2019, 10:29 AM
@Yup:

https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?11506-March-2019-Tuning-PRELIMINARY&p=94144&viewfull=1#post94144

There it says it trigger's 65% instead of 35%. Also note this:

One addendum to the tuning notes. The Banshee's passive fix was not applied with this most recent server push and will be updated in the next client update.

-Kaz

I would also like to point out that on 02-28-2019, 07:14 PM:

The timeline for this update is not confirmed, but we are targeting early next month.
Which then came live within less then 24h.

Chaosego888
03-03-2019, 06:41 PM
Don't get too stressed about it rags, It's just the state of the game right now. I would assume that everyone is struggling with the exception of Gremlin. That's the only name that has been showing up on my defense tab on a regular basis and consistantly winning. I've tried using the same team and get slaughterd everytime I go second. I've got to the point that I just skip the defense that Stormseye mentioned. I have a team that can deal with the Ferryman version but have to switchout characters for it which is annoying as well. We really need more than 3 teams we can store as attack teams. 6 or 8 would be nice. In my opinion the Arena would be a lot better if it was 5 on 5. It would require a little more thinking but there are just so many abilities in this game that I think we need that extra flexibility at this point. There is really only one character that is great for Prisoner teams and I can not find a good place for her because you have to sacrifice too much.

scott-5496
03-04-2019, 10:55 AM
I had this a couple of days ago - for the first time I had a hadfull of defeats in arena, one after the other - think it was five or six. Never happened to me before. After that I refreeshed and went again and all was restored to the usual patterns. Really no idea what was going on as the teams that I went aginst, while decent, I would usually be OK taking down - I am usually around 95% wins or so. I was not sure if it was that they has full relics plus maybe some arena relic boost, RNG or a bug or all of these thigns! LOL. Anyway since then it has been the usual rates and no crazy defeat streaks....it was a weird one for sure.

Yup
03-04-2019, 11:43 AM
It's just the AI boost.. they surely "tweaked" it when they devalued everyone's fragments. My experience in the arena AFTER March 1 is very different than BEFORE March 1.. same team, same talismans.. but MORE relics.. makes no sense.

I now, more than ever, think this entire money-grubbing "game" is pointless overall. --- carrot on a stick you'll NEVER catch.

wipp
03-04-2019, 03:13 PM
I keep getting stuck on the last char that wont die . Results in a draw. Is this a bug? My whole team vs the last char that buffs and heals on every hit

Stormseye
03-04-2019, 03:24 PM
I keep getting stuck on the last char that wont die . Results in a draw. Is this a bug? My whole team vs the last char that buffs and heals on every hit

That would be Fortune Talisman at work. Surely you ran into them at least a few times already?

Blade
03-04-2019, 03:26 PM

Most likely this char is wearing the overannoying "Fortune" Talisman. There is a thread about it here -> CLICK (https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?11487-Fortune-talismans-are-broken&highlight=broken)

Heavy damage is the only solution, as all debuffs (incl. silver ones) are also cleaned by this overannoying Talisman if the char is taking damage...

I also had one Draw that I could not avoid. I won't tell the exact situation to prevent further exploits

wipp
03-04-2019, 03:27 PM
Yes all the time. In fact if you look stormeye you will see a draw from me in your defence lol. Is there any way to counter the fortune tals?

wipp
03-04-2019, 03:28 PM
Ok thank you blade

Liu
03-04-2019, 03:30 PM
Yes all the time. In fact if you look stormeye you will see a draw from me in your defence lol. Is there any way to counter the fortune tals?

I guess max hp reduction could work since healing is based on max hp.

Blade
03-04-2019, 03:37 PM
I guess max hp reduction could work since healing is based on max hp.

Very good point, Liu!
Unfortunately I see no way right now to integrate this into my attack team...but so far I only had this 1 draw so I am fine with that

Liu
03-04-2019, 03:43 PM
Very good point, Liu!
Unfortunately I see no way right now to integrate this into my attack team...but so far I only had this 1 draw so I am fine with that

Have you tried necropolis tallies (instead of a toon) ?

Blade
03-04-2019, 03:46 PM
Have you tried necropolis tallies (instead of a toon) ?

No, as also these do not fit into my build at the moment :)

edsel
03-04-2019, 04:06 PM
No seriously ML I have been at it for a few hours off and on but am losing heart, I just don't seem competitive anymore, and what do you mean by sandbagging?
Sandbagging in drag racing refers to adding weight (bags of sand) to your car, racing and losing so everyone sees your shit performance, then after they all think you are an easy target to beat, you discard the sandbags and take them off guard for a kill.
Rags you do exactly what I have done, analyze and emulate my troopers setup after getting flogged with what I thought was tough. Often the teams I lose to are because of AI boost, not my talismans. Then I look at my defense, running exactly the same team, and a player I lost to has multiple gold badges as they lost repeatedly to me when they were driving and I had the AI boost. Last weeks event forced me to play into top levels and run against all the familiar names and this was the case.
Now I can return to my 1 a day arena fight for daily reward and not get stressed trying to outsmart a rigged AI boost situation, arena is not giving adequate rewards to be worth my effort.

rags-6094
03-04-2019, 04:22 PM
Ok there's some great feedback here and the fortune talisman definately make a slow game to complete, I can see now that I do appear to be competitive but I do wonder what happened there.

Since early this year when I finally made that eternal run, I lost my drive to keep going in the arena, so I still played but I became content with top 50 top 100 positions.
During the arena event just gone I managed to complete the 200 and then a few extras that kept me in the top 100 but at one stage being on holiday and everything I had fallen to about the top 5000. Has anyone been down there recently?

I was surprised at some of the quality teams lurking between 5000 and 100, anyway when I eventually worked my way up it seemed much harder than I remember. Usually if I get a good run of wins it seems like I get the start most of the time, if I lose even one battle it's almost a certainty that the defence gets first go. In this current arena who goes first usually wins, particularly where FFE/KP/Prisoner teams are concerned..

I had a theory that relaxing in the lower ranks changes the teams strengths some how, now I think it's nothing more than a perception... but thanks for the feedback everyone!

Liu
03-04-2019, 04:28 PM
No, as also these do not fit into my build at the moment :)

It'd be really helpful if we could see in both arena and gauntlet which tallies are being used on the opposing team. Particularly concerning the upcoming 5-sets it would appear having advanced knowledge will be the only way to counter certain setups.

Blade
03-04-2019, 04:36 PM
It'd be really helpful if we could see in both arena and gauntlet which tallies are being used on the opposing team. Particularly concerning the upcoming 5-sets it would appear having advanced knowledge will be the only way to counter certain setups.

Even the old 4-sets like Quake did not even have a symbol during the fights...so I highly doubt that there will be more transparency with these things. Being prepared reduces the chance to fail. That's probably also the reason why everybody gets different enemies in the Gauntlet.

Muzzleloader
03-04-2019, 04:36 PM
They will probably never show talisman before you commit to a battle. The way it is you must prepare for all possible combos in the arena and every combo in gauntlet. This makes it more competitive and frustrating at times.

Stormseye
03-04-2019, 04:57 PM
They will probably never show talisman before you commit to a battle. The way it is you must prepare for all possible combos in the arena and every combo in gauntlet. This makes it more competitive and frustrating at times.

Agree they will most likely not show talismans but in the Arena anyway you can guess what most people are running for talismans as we all run the same things. Every now and then you will find an Alchemist with Eclipse or Warlord but everything else is on par with everyone else. I treat Guantlet the same way and usually overkill the fight prepping for the Primordial/Fortune/Angel fights.

wipp
03-04-2019, 05:24 PM
I have been playing around with the fortune tals all morning and so far furious burn seems to be the best against it

Stormseye
03-04-2019, 05:29 PM
Doom from FFE. I use mostly single hitters in my build against Magus Lilliths.

wipp
03-04-2019, 05:46 PM
Just tried that stormeye vs blade. I couldnt get it to stick and got another draw

rags-6094
03-04-2019, 05:48 PM
Agree they will most likely not show talismans but in the Arena anyway you can guess what most people are running for talismans as we all run the same things. Every now and then you will find an Alchemist with Eclipse or Warlord but everything else is on par with everyone else. I treat Guantlet the same way and usually overkill the fight prepping for the Primordial/Fortune/Angel fights.

That reminds me, during the previous Gauntlet event I noticed that many of the characters I faced seemed to have copied the talisman combinations I have placed on mine.. ok ok I know typical MLillith will have destiny's or fortune but how many people out there have placed avenger on their ancient mariner? There were others too but this one comes to mind now..

Blade
03-04-2019, 06:02 PM
Just tried that stormeye vs blade. I couldnt get it to stick and got another draw

Yeah I see it in my list :)
I will give you a revenge

Stormseye
03-04-2019, 06:24 PM
Warrior Derby Disable Magus, then target Assassin Banshee directly or anyone else if they have no Banshee. Ignore damaging Magus if possible. So many people try and Disable Passive on Banshee but the truth is her protection does not cover her so just disable Magus and you can beat Banshee easily. If you don't kill just repeat the steps.

You find a workaround for Prisoner/KP and you will have something powerful indeed. I still can't get them locked for sure. The key I think is that you need to start off with more than 3 buffs on your blocker to protect him from their passives.