PDA

View Full Version : The best characters in the game... (They are not who you think they are)

Gonzo
08-31-2016, 03:25 PM
I've been wanting to post this for a long time now, but since I thought this MUST be a broken mechanic I decided to give the dev team a heads up and try to change this. Since I did not get a reply, I'm pretty sure this has to be intended... Although it's game breaking and will make your game too easy.

There is one character that is always overlooked, I don't know why... He's great since the first moment you get it... It's a 4*, that's true, but most of my allies have him and never gave him a chance.

There's a broken mechanic in the game called Accuracy, this is basically the chance you have at triggering an ability, being Blind, Frozen, Extra Turns and a huge etcetera.
Most talisman abilities have a 35% chance to trigger by themselves, but using one of two characters you can take that to a 70%. I'm pretty sure you already know who I'm talking about, the Warrior Axis Bomber Boy and the Assassin Troll.

I've been using a team for more than a week now, this team can farm the most difficult Dungeons without any problems. And using the same tactic over and over again. It's so boring that it's actually scripted, if you perfom the same moves over and over you will defeat the boss regardless of his class.
My team consists of Soldier Eddie, Red Angel, Alliance General and the Axis Bomber Boy.

Thanks to this Accuracy buff the Alliance General has a 100% chance to steal power or fury every time he attacks, so when you get to the boss he has no fury or power to perform abilities... Literally, no fury or power.
I paired him with Alliance General and he stuns everyone... every time. I don't think the ability ever reaches 100% with the Bomber Boys passive but still.... 90% of stuning everyone seems pretty OP to me.

I will post the chances or triggering an ability when getting the accuracy buff so you can better understand what I'm talking about...

Alliance General 100% chance to steal power and fury
Soldier Eddie 65% chance of getting an extra turn after using Roar (I got 15 turns in a row once)
Sentinel Soulless Demon 75% chance to taunt all enemies
Warrior/Assassin Soulless Demon 75% chance of getting invincibility after attacking
Assassin Axis Soldier/Gunner Undead Soldier 45% chance to give the entire party and extra turn. This is too OP, remember those levels where your enemies seem to take infinite turns, now you can do it too.
Sentinel Angel/Warrior Angel 55% chance to stun with every hit (They hit 3 times per attack)
ETC ETC ETC ETC... Every character in the game that has a chance at triggering and ability becomes OP in its own... and if he does not have and ability you can always add....

Talismans. Just this 2...

Blind 70% to blind
Freezing 70% to freeze

As off the last update this can be used in AoEs.... So this happens

As I said before, I've been playing this team for over a week, and it made the game so stupidly easy that in fact I'm bored. I don't know if I'm going to keep playing anymore.

I basically broke the game. And I'm helping you to break it too :P

To all my allies, you can try mine.

BillLion
08-31-2016, 03:36 PM
Nice! Super cool and helpful insights, Gonzo!

Sadly I have neither. I have green and yellow bomber boys and the red troll, but not your game-breakers! I hope this helps someone who is stuck or feels they don't have really good characters yet.

Gonzo
08-31-2016, 04:28 PM
Well... you have me :P

I was going to do a video of me finishing some madness level with 1* allies and Soldier Eddie... (it can be done) but to be honest I don't want to play the game for now. I'll try to use some allies in this next few days. But I will most likely delete all of them so you can get a new one.

This really broke the game for me, maybe not the Accuracy buff itself, but the fact that I did not receive any kind of response. Every game needs nerfs if they are thinking about keeping it alive for some time. THIS is game breaking, it kinda make me feel hopeless. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think this game is supposed to be alive even for a few more months.

Right now I have almost 3M gold and I can't use it at all, no new characters, no runes to rank talismans... It's dead.

Pedrodabes
08-31-2016, 05:17 PM
I'm exactly at the same point... I've got a blue general with maxed skills (wich means i already have an OP 75% chance to stun) and i play with a red bomber boy. I'd say i stun everyone 99% of the time... Just the boss don't get stunned (when there is a boss). Plus another OP skill after the update is the new pharaoh eddie (wich was my first 5*) wich gives 3 rounds of Invincibility for all party... That with a character that can add 1 round for beneficial buffs makes you unbeatable for almost every stage (only a bit trouble against bosses that can steal your buffs). Right now i finished everything and am waiting for some new stages and would appreciate PvP!

Qed
08-31-2016, 05:38 PM
Yep accuracy is broken.

BillLion
08-31-2016, 05:50 PM
Well... you have me :P

I was going to do a video of me finishing some madness level with 1* allies and Soldier Eddie... (it can be done) but to be honest I don't want to play the game for now. I'll try to use some allies in this next few days. But I will most likely delete all of them so you can get a new one.

This really broke the game for me, maybe not the Accuracy buff itself, but the fact that I did not receive any kind of response. Every game needs nerfs if they are thinking about keeping it alive for some time. THIS is game breaking, it kinda make me feel hopeless. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think this game is supposed to be alive even for a few more months.

Right now I have almost 3M gold and I can't use it at all, no new characters, no runes to rank talismans... It's dead.

Thanks! And I hope you stick with it. You're super helpful to everyone and add a lot of value to the Legacy community.

slauki
08-31-2016, 05:52 PM
hey gonzo, a really good post. somehow i feel sorry for the game, because i like it very much, but it's a mobile rpg game so we shouldn't be too surprised to find such game breaking tactics.
maybe they will fix it, when this goes around.
but it's not a good idea just to add the 35% to the initial chances. i strongly belive this is also incorrect:

The chances should be like that (follow the red path):

So the chances would be 57,75% to freeze instead of 70%.
For the maxed Alliance general they would be 84% instead of 95%

So my solution would be to drop the accuracy chances to 10% of the initial chance to trigger instead of the maxed chance to trigger.

But the Corruped commanded would still be high with 72% chances to stun but freezing/blindness would be reasonable with 42%.

But till they catch it, it will take several months i guess :-) I'm glad, that you shared it, nice one!

Nekroliun
08-31-2016, 06:00 PM
Well now the devs realise how broken this is and then they hit it hard with the mighty nerf bat...

MuadDib-7367
08-31-2016, 06:13 PM
Considering I can't seem to get lucky enough to get OP characters like Axis Comm...Corrupt General this bug doesn't do me much good. I'm stuck borrowing him to clear higher levels and then farming Level 7 or 8 of the time rift hoping to get lucky with a rare soul.

Gonzo
08-31-2016, 06:24 PM
Well now the devs realise how broken this is and then they hit it hard with the mighty nerf bat...

See? That is where a lot of people is WRONG.... It's not about "the mighty nerf bat". I hate that word, nerf.

It's balancing, the game is not supposed to be easy. And still, they don't do it, or worse, they don't care.

I've reached a point where the game is not fun anymore, there's nothing I can do but farm Rare Souls from Dungeons to try to get, almost impossible, good characters. Trust me, you don't want to get to that point, the game needs to be challenging.

Considering I can't seem to get lucky enough to get OP characters like Axis Comm...Corrupt General this bug doesn't do me much good. I'm stuck borrowing him to clear higher levels and then farming Level 7 or 8 of the time rift hoping to get lucky with a rare soul.

I think you should probably re-read the post, it's not the Corrupt Commander the OP character.

But till they catch it, it will take several months i guess :-) I'm glad, that you shared it, nice one!

It obviusly needs a re work, that might be a nice change, but we need to know if someone actually reads this... which is what I'm trully worried.

Thanks! And I hope you stick with it. You're super helpful to everyone and add a lot of value to the Legacy community.

Thanks for that, I really like the game and this community even more. But I don't know if I'm going to keep playing if this issues are not acknowledged... Since the Rifts were launched Matt posted only twice, Lamia seems to be focused in broken accounts and nothing else (which is totally understandable).

It's kinda dissapointing.

Dutch
08-31-2016, 06:32 PM
Yeah fully agree with you gonzo, I'm just looking for souls now, I have over 6 mil gold in the bank and nothing I can do with it, I'm pretty bored now I'm at lvl 90 now and will prob call it a day at 99 if nothing changes

Nekroliun
08-31-2016, 06:35 PM
I guess your right, it should be called balancing rather than nerf, and yes the game should be hard, i dont want to get to the part where u just grind for souls...

slauki
08-31-2016, 06:39 PM
yeah, but if they want to implement pvp they have to rearrange it. without balance there is no pvp. then it comes down to "who has the character xyz"...
i think they will realize it, but they are snowed under because of the bugs and the number of help requests. i'm waiting for 3 weeks for a simple answer
from the support, that's awful. why can't they speed up the support with one or two new workers for a limited time? they should have earned enough money.

i wonder how many people play the game solely because of the iron maiden connotation. i do, but not sure for how long...

Qed
08-31-2016, 06:56 PM
About the "challenging" argument: we will see what the devs have in mind on the next contents. If the new contents bring with them a rise of "maximum level-stars" for characters, a rise of number or level of talismans you know that they are on the "grindind side", else if the new content is harder and you need to work on strategies, sinergy, comp building ecc... but you don't need to farm more exp-talismans-runes ecc... they are on the "challenging side".

Gonzo
08-31-2016, 07:07 PM
I agree. But, first of all, I don't see any new content in the near future. And most importantly, it does not matter if they add new things if they don't fix what's already broken. You can bring 100 new features, but if you let a character stun 100% of the times the entire enemy team it's not going to be a challenge.

There's no chance, literally no chance to make this game challenging right now. Sooner or later everyone will get an Axis Bomber Boy or an Assassin Troll. That means everyone will be able to break the game.

Right now, using the right team there's a high chance that you'll be able to finish a level in Underworld Madness using 2* and underleveled characters, because accuracy is broken.

Qed
08-31-2016, 07:41 PM
Devs are slow now (I hope it is due to the more pressing issues like log in problems ecc...), just think to the fierce and overhelming talismans, they are clearly out of scale compared to the others and it's clearly a mistake, something that could be solved in five minutes work on code yet they didn't do it in two months. Accuracy is something more tricky and less common, and the problem here is that balancing decisions often overdo. Balancing requires finesse and usually devs don't have such skill on their side.
For example here, they should lower a little bit the percentage of accuracy buff, let's say from 35 to 30, if it is still too much lower again to 25 and give something in return, like a little more damage or another buff coupled with ecc...

Only future will tell if they are able to do something like that. I have to admit that I am quite pessimist here, even triple A games suffer this kind of inability to handle balancing, you can imagine how good can be this aspect in the developing of a mobile app.

Vaseodin
08-31-2016, 09:33 PM
Yeah, I'm not really sure it's a big problem... yet. There are several characters that need rebalancing. Last update they rebalanced a few, (the pharaoh got a big buff) and even some other things that were too overpowered (they lowered the stun talismans from 35% stun to 12%). I'm sure they'll do the same to most of the things out of balance. Like Qed said, it takes finesse and fine tuning. In other words, it will take time.

Meantime, other pressing issues like people not being able to play at all and complaints about drop rates from just about everyone are probably going to take precedence. I get the discouragement, but time and patience is going to have its rewards. If you quit the game, I don't blame you. But it might be a better idea if you're feeling like this to just take a break from it instead of quitting it all together.

If they made adjustments on last update, I don't see a reason to assume there won't be more made. If the devs didn't directly respond to your email, I'm sure it's because they have been busy (slammed with thousands of issues every day) and not because they don't care.

Gonzo
08-31-2016, 09:55 PM
Devs are slow now (I hope it is due to the more pressing issues like log in problems ecc...), just think to the fierce and overhelming talismans, they are clearly out of scale compared to the others and it's clearly a mistake, something that could be solved in five minutes work on code yet they didn't do it in two months. Accuracy is something more tricky and less common, and the problem here is that balancing decisions often overdo. Balancing requires finesse and usually devs don't have such skill on their side.
For example here, they should lower a little bit the percentage of accuracy buff, let's say from 35 to 30, if it is still too much lower again to 25 and give something in return, like a little more damage or another buff coupled with ecc...

Only future will tell if they are able to do something like that. I have to admit that I am quite pessimist here, even triple A games suffer this kind of inability to handle balancing, you can imagine how good can be this aspect in the developing of a mobile app.

It's super simple, no talisman should have more than a 50% of triggering... It's BASIC gameplay.
They should have noticed this before launching it.

Let's talk about something we all know, reflect shields are not only OP AF but also bug the game... Still waiting to be fixed... Will it ever be fixed???? I feel partially guitly about this since I told everyone how OP it was, but it's not my fault it keeps happening.

In the end it's just smoke and mirrors, release a new game feature and keep the players off this kind of things.

Leviathan
08-31-2016, 10:17 PM
See? That is where a lot of people is WRONG.... It's not about "the mighty nerf bat". I hate that word, nerf.

It's balancing, the game is not supposed to be easy. And still, they don't do it, or worse, they don't care.

I've reached a point where the game is not fun anymore, there's nothing I can do but farm Rare Souls from Dungeons to try to get, almost impossible, good characters. Trust me, you don't want to get to that point, the game needs to be challenging.....

Hi Gonzo,

The devs are aware of some of the imbalances in the system and are indeed working to improve the overall tuning and balancing of the game. Look for more tuning updates in the near future. Thanks!

Kulimar
09-01-2016, 01:14 AM
Thanks for responding!

aur0ra85
09-01-2016, 01:48 AM
I have one of these, but he just doesn't fit in my team ATM lol. Bigger fish to fry it seems for me.
Maybe by the time I get around to five Star him, he'll be nerfed.
I too am stuck with 2million in gold and 3k ironite and no Evo runes or white shards to spend it on.
Edit: I feel like I have a few broken strategies as well lol.

Gonzo
09-01-2016, 01:50 AM
There's a huge difference between responding and commenting. This isn't responding to any of the things posted here. This is a way to buy time.

I'm done with doing this guys work... and I'm done with this forum.

GG's guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and gals :P)

Kulimar
09-01-2016, 01:59 AM
Sad to hear it :/ You've added a lot to the community.

Hopefully the major issues get resolved in updates as the game continues to grow.

Kaijester
09-01-2016, 02:29 AM
Bye...

PsychoEddie
09-01-2016, 03:26 AM
Wait....someone has been benefiting from a game quirk, then got bored, now wants the ability removed so no one else can get and keep the benefits in the same way? :)

Wow.

Olevipoeg
09-01-2016, 07:14 AM
Most people doesn't have such characters to play. Top players have exploited this features ad nauseam and now they want it removed to keep other away from top it seems.

Kaijester
09-01-2016, 07:18 AM
Sometimes game balancing can be done by the players too. If you think accuracy buff is OP, don't use it. For me, I'd pair it with weaker character to make the party fun (like see how many axes can Run To The Hills Eddie throw with accuracy buff) or break my own record of 16 burns on Lord Of Light...change your setup and play with something else.

After all the efforts to get the talismans, collecting runes and spending golds to upgrade, I hope that talisman added effects proc rates are not lowered as it takes Perfect Hits to work, and only work with Basic Attacks.

slauki
09-01-2016, 08:11 AM
well it's like cheating. some people like godmode and wallhack, others don't. i cannot understand why some users are bashing at gonzo now. he crashed the system, and was interested in the positive evolution of the game. and imbalance is really bad, especially if the pvp should be released one day.

i would say, that gonzo "solved" the game at the moment, and this is totally fine. imo it cannot be the solution to balance the game on your own, just to keep playing. there shouldn't be such a tactics, that crushes any enemy. the game should be challanging otherwise it will get boring for everyone at some point.

anyway, GG gonzo, go and crash another game out there :-)

PerthEddie
09-01-2016, 09:18 AM
Gonzo has quit? :( That is a real shame as the help, information and support he has given has been a real help to a lot of players (me included).

I hope he takes a break for a while and comes back in the future.

BillLion
09-01-2016, 12:19 PM
Well he's still on my trooper list but not active since his last post. Hopefully, he'll return.

OpticSugar
09-01-2016, 02:33 PM
I miss Gonzo already. Perhaps he just needs a break. Hopefully the developers respond to his findings with some appropriate balancing adjustments.

I think he was feeling very under-appreciated by the developers, especially coming from the brief response that they posted. Seems like he was brushed aside, and wasn't even thanked for his efforts. He did the right thing by going to them first and giving them a chance to react before people started exploiting it. Then he figured if he posted it publicly it would spark a fire under their a55es to do something... and then... nothing.

I chalk it up to the developers swimming in requests to fix broken accounts and crashes... I'm sure they put this high on their list, but balancing shouldn't be higher in priority to the issues that cause hard crashes and lost accounts. This game has been plagued by its issues for sure. Gonzo could have gotten some better recognition from them at the very least. He was making their job easer on many levels.

PsychoEddie
09-01-2016, 05:10 PM
well it's like cheating. some people like godmode and wallhack, others don't. i cannot understand why some users are bashing at gonzo now.

It's pointing out what he has done. That balances out any victim playing on his or anyone elses part for him.

Really, this should be about what's going on with the game, not melodrama.

Vaseodin
09-01-2016, 06:34 PM
Sometimes game balancing can be done by the players too. If you think accuracy buff is OP, don't use it. For me, I'd pair it with weaker character to make the party fun (like see how many axes can Run To The Hills Eddie throw with accuracy buff) or break my own record of 16 burns on Lord Of Light...change your setup and play with something else.

After all the efforts to get the talismans, collecting runes and spending golds to upgrade, I hope that talisman added effects proc rates are not lowered as it takes Perfect Hits to work, and only work with Basic Attacks.

They already started... check your paralysis talismans. they were nerfed to 12% proc + perfect hit required + only basic abilities work. Expect the same for Freeze talismans (god only knows why that one didn't come first) and others.

aur0ra85
09-01-2016, 07:53 PM
I'm sure the nerf bat is coming in the next update lol. TBH, they simply aren't going to give anyone a definitive answer on anything til it's out, it's just how it is for a number of reasons.
The real issue I feel is the lack of progression...

Stonewall
09-01-2016, 08:55 PM
Gonzo - don't sweat it. We all appreciate your efforts and contributions!

Kaijester
09-01-2016, 09:32 PM
Closing thread as this is becoming just a quarrel. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.